Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Jul 4, 2016 1:46 AM
Jul 2018
sanata50lbsb said:
Midou89 said:

And while KyoAni did Kanon justice, Clannad was butchered in its comedic scenes as well.

I was gonna say that too actually; but it wouldn't be any use because people don't know what they're talking about.

Pretty much my thoughts here exactly.
Jul 4, 2016 2:11 AM

Nov 2012
Shizuru best girl.
I can see this anime becoming better. I think it will score around the rating of Kanon.
Jul 4, 2016 5:27 AM

Aug 2010
For me the best route is: Moon>Chihaya>Akane>Terra>Shizuru>Kotori>Lucia.
Jul 4, 2016 5:30 AM

Jun 2012
Sakubo777 said:
As someone who has never played the VN, I quote Kotarou: "What the hell am I watching?"

I got no clue what the story's even about....

Haha, that's how I felt too.

Anyways, ok-ish episode. Art and animation is very inconsistent though. A lot of the times it looks decent, but whenever they go to 3D models and CGI, it's kind of jarring and out of place. Also the shading in general is not great either, especially during the dark scenes. It looks like low grade flash animation. I hope it gets better as it goes on.
Jul 4, 2016 6:07 AM

Aug 2013
EternalSerenity said:
Sakubo777 said:
As someone who has never played the VN, I quote Kotarou: "What the hell am I watching?"

I got no clue what the story's even about....

Haha, that's how I felt too.

Anyways, ok-ish episode. Art and animation is very inconsistent though. A lot of the times it looks decent, but whenever they go to 3D models and CGI, it's kind of jarring and out of place. Also the shading in general is not great either, especially during the dark scenes. It looks like low grade flash animation. I hope it gets better as it goes on.

I agree, most inconsistent art and animation I ever seen and thats not a good thing.
Jul 4, 2016 6:40 AM

Nov 2015
All girls are loli?? Okay, I quit.
Jul 4, 2016 7:26 AM

Aug 2015
Overall first impression are this has beautiful animations, as expected of key adaptations, and this show has 48 mins per ep which is really great (idk might just be first ep). I was hyping this for a while since I've played the VN...
Jul 4, 2016 8:04 AM

Jul 2015
How long is the VN? Around 70 hours?
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jul 4, 2016 8:09 AM

Sep 2011
Sometimes791 said:

Took me about 80 hours to complete. I do recommend reading it as the Visual Novel is far better than the anime. The anime in my opinion feels nothing like the visual novel.
Jul 4, 2016 8:26 AM

Jun 2013
Meau94 said:
Sometimes791 said:

Took me about 80 hours to complete. I do recommend reading it as the Visual Novel is far better than the anime. The anime in my opinion feels nothing like the visual novel.

Dude its the fucking first episode, what are you saying?
Jul 4, 2016 8:38 AM
Apr 2011
I find this episode a good reason to start playing game from where I left off. Nice recap for me. Also, glad that Philosophyz is in the anime~~ Love that song.
Jul 4, 2016 8:43 AM

Sep 2011
Murasa22 said:
Meau94 said:

Dude its the fucking first episode, what are you saying?

First episode alone was just not the same Rewrite that I love. Just saying...
Jul 4, 2016 8:46 AM

Jul 2015
Okay, I am anime-only-watcher and probably I don't intend to read VN to see how faitfull this adaptation is, so my impressions will be formed solely by the content that we'll get in anime. of course, I heard for Rewrite VN and it was praised, so when I heard that it will be adapted into anime, I was really interested.
This episode was good imo. They inroduced the main characters, showed us a mystery which was pretty interesting. So, story has an interesting premise in it, characters are likable for now, and I think that this is one good introductionary episode. I am relieved that the director of this series said that everything will be explained during the series, so anime onlies shouldn't worry. On the other hand, the animation was decent, I am not a huge fan of character designs in Key VNs but I don't mind them. The CGI used in this episode was kinda meh, especially the one used for animating monster at the end of the episode. OST is nice, pleasant to hear. So, overall, nice first impression on this series, I am gonna stick with it till the end probably even though I think that Kyoto Animation should've animated this over 8bit, but whatever.
Solid 4/5

Jul 4, 2016 9:07 AM

Aug 2014
Well that was interesting. The direction they are taking so far is...interesting to say the least, not sure what to say about some of the "events" though considering they are slightly spoilerish. Also best girl Akane not getting introduced properly this ep D: Well so far so good....except for the meh animatrion.
Jul 4, 2016 9:54 AM

Mar 2009
It was a meh start. Plot was all over the place. MC was kind of annoying. The girls are all way too tropey. I did like the creepy, mystery feel. And the best part was the argument between him and the delinquent kid. Not sure if I'll stick with this one, may give it another episode. 2.5/5
Jul 4, 2016 10:28 AM

Dec 2014
I like it.... seems that i found something that would worth watching this season... I don't get why some complain about the 13 episodes trough... it seems that they will have 48 minutes each, so in reality we are talking about 26 episodes. Is more than enought to make a good anime.
Jul 4, 2016 10:46 AM

Jul 2014
I guess its 4/5, the animation is a bit different then I expected, but sound and story complete the gap and the most important part, which is enjoyment, I found kinda interesting and funny. I wonder if every episode will durning 48 mins long. Still, waiting for moar :>
[right]"Boobs are heavier than a man’s life."
~~ Issei Hyodo
Jul 4, 2016 10:50 AM
Apr 2012
Watching Tales of Zesteria animation quality compared to this just pisses me off even more.
flackJul 4, 2016 10:56 AM
Jul 4, 2016 11:03 AM

Sep 2015
Good first ep, didn't get bored in the long runtime.

By the way, I heard a lot of people saying this won't be good to watch if I haven't read the vn, so should I continue with this or not?
Jul 4, 2016 11:09 AM

Jun 2013
thegreatnathyboy said:
Good first ep, didn't get bored in the long runtime.

By the way, I heard a lot of people saying this won't be good to watch if I haven't read the vn, so should I continue with this or not?

Don't listen to them..keep watching and enjoy the show as it is.

The anime is for both audiences, the staff already stated that.
Jul 4, 2016 11:55 AM

Jul 2009
Midou89 said:
kazewa said:
Too flat (was there any comedy in 1st episode? I sure didn't even smile watching it). Kinda like LB. I guess either the material isn't that great (at least so far) or only KyoAni can do Key's justice, or both.

They are definitely rushing through it to fast and it kind of kills the comedic impact from the scenes compared to the VN.

And while KyoAni did Kanon justice, Clannad was butchered in its comedic scenes as well.

TheLittleRedHero said:
sanata50lbsb said:

I was gonna say that too actually; but it wouldn't be any use because people don't know what they're talking about.

Pretty much my thoughts here exactly.

I don't know what's the point you both mean, yes.

But for sure I don't get any excitement going when I watched both LB (lb and lb refrain) and rewrite 1st episode. Both were flat, I couldn't laugh when it was supposed to be comedic / aimed to make audiences laugh, the depressing / sad scenes hardly ignited my emotion as well. Also some scenes felt like stiffly /awkwardly animated (this one is more to LB).

Different when I watched Clannad, I laughed quite a lot in comedic scenes. I felt more emotion from the sad scenes, etc. The animation felt more flowing and not as stiff / awkward. I'm speaking of KyoAni doing Key's works justice is obv subjective, from how I felt about the anime adaptations.

kazewaJul 4, 2016 12:54 PM
Jul 4, 2016 1:13 PM

Jul 2015
Magical Girl School Uniforms.
An interesting start to this anime, but pretty nice in a strange way. NOT EVEN 4 MINUTES IN AND HE GETS KILLED in a dream. Magical Girl School Uniforms. Characters are pretty nice so far, especially like Kotori, but I have to ask, why are the girl's uniforms all magical girl outfits? Unfortunately this isn't the sort of question I expect to get an answer too... Anyway, very interesting first episode, and this anime has my attention. Shall continue watching to see where this all goes.

GOD DANG IT THOSE UNIFORMS BUG ME. WHY DO THEY HAVE FRILLY MAGICAL GIRL DRESSES AS THE SCHOOL UNIFORM!? I'll probably accept it later on...
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 4, 2016 2:18 PM

Feb 2014
DuoraDoll said:
Magical Girl School Uniforms.
An interesting start to this anime, but pretty nice in a strange way. NOT EVEN 4 MINUTES IN AND HE GETS KILLED in a dream. Magical Girl School Uniforms. Characters are pretty nice so far, especially like Kotori, but I have to ask, why are the girl's uniforms all magical girl outfits? Unfortunately this isn't the sort of question I expect to get an answer too... Anyway, very interesting first episode, and this anime has my attention. Shall continue watching to see where this all goes.

GOD DANG IT THOSE UNIFORMS BUG ME. WHY DO THEY HAVE FRILLY MAGICAL GIRL DRESSES AS THE SCHOOL UNIFORM!? I'll probably accept it later on...

I guess it was just an interesting design choice for the girls school uniforms, really no explanations to that. I honestly really enjoy their school uniform designs, it's adorable!
Jul 4, 2016 2:44 PM

Mar 2014
didnt get what was going on through the whole ep of part a,b and it was boring as fk.
Jul 4, 2016 3:13 PM

Apr 2013
The episode was a bit all over the place, probably because of trying to do all the introductions at once.
At least the first episode piqued my interest to keep watching and the humour is very key-ish
Nice premiere
Jul 4, 2016 3:17 PM

Apr 2015
As an adaptation - it was bad. Like, really bad. It's like nobody knows what the hell they're doing! Gil and Pani in 1st episode? A fight with Krivoy Rog? Total mess. As an original thing... it was okay-ish? I guess.
But that art was GOD AWFUL! And something was off with the soundtrack, but I can't tell what exactly.
Jul 4, 2016 4:22 PM

Aug 2013
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
And something was off with the soundtrack, but I can't tell what exactly.

They literally copy and pasted the music from the visual novel so it definitely sound off in some parts as it doesn't transition that well for anime scenes.
Jul 4, 2016 5:14 PM

Jun 2010
My experience with the visual novel was pretty complicated. I liked the idea behind it, but I was getting completely confused all the time. I get wanting to do a lot of fiction-mystery and suspense, but there was maybe too much unexplained for my liking. When things did get their explanation, however, I enjoyed them quite a lot and comedic moments definitely worked for me the majority of the time. Some moments gave me legit chills, some of which came back this very episode (Kotori's mother!!) just by remembering.

The biggest failing of the VN for me was definitely the final, hidden story. It was literally a lot of weird pseudo-philosophical talk with absolutely nothing happening. I didn't last to see it through and gave up without looking back. I hope they "botch" this one part at least, it didn't work as a VN and would be unforgivable in an anime. Worse than Endless Eight. That bad.

The first episode I did enjoy. It properly introduced most characters, had some humorous moments, didn't waste time introducing the fantasy elements and apparently the opening is going to be "Beyond the Darkness", which is AWESOME. I do understand if it felt really weird, confusing and messy to people unfamiliar with the VN though. I imagine they'll try to properly "arrange" things next episode and this one's growing pains stem from all the introducing.
Jul 4, 2016 5:27 PM
Nov 2015
Can someone explain how the mc was able to jump over the gate?
Jul 4, 2016 5:29 PM

Apr 2015
Aievuog said:

How? It's simple: superpower.
Jul 4, 2016 5:34 PM

Aug 2013
Aievuog said:

Accelerator superpower he used it some times before the story so hes kinda permanently stronger and faster than ordinary humans.
Jul 4, 2016 7:19 PM

Aug 2012
Ragna44 said:
Aievuog said:

Accelerator superpower he used it some times before the story so hes kinda permanently stronger and faster than ordinary humans.
Nah, that was just parkour.
Jul 4, 2016 7:28 PM
Jul 2018
AlexTheRiot said:
Ragna44 said:

Nah, that was just parkour.

PARKOUR!!!!! Parkour! :T
Jul 4, 2016 7:38 PM

Dec 2014
The graphics are terrible.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2016 8:26 PM

Apr 2014
How are you people saying that this was badly animated? If you mean the character designs being bug-eyed Key trash, then sure I guess. But the animation was incredible for many scenes. Very good character movements, extremely fluid and well-animated. The scene with Kotarou in his room with his bat looked amazing.
HonguJul 4, 2016 8:31 PM
Jul 4, 2016 8:33 PM

Jul 2013
Hongu said:
How are you people saying that this was badly animated? If you mean the character designs being bug-eyed Key trash, then sure I guess. But the animation was incredible for many scenes. Very good character movements, extremely fluid and well-animated. The scene with Kotarou in his room with his bat looked amazing.

People still haven't made the distinction between art and animation
art =/= animation
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 4, 2016 11:54 PM
Jul 2018
sanata50lbsb said:
Hongu said:

People still haven't made the distinction between art and animation
art =/= animation

^ This right here man. This right over here.
Jul 5, 2016 1:42 AM

Mar 2013
i like the first episode :), waiting to see how it goes before i made my judge....

Key drinks ~~
Jul 5, 2016 2:37 AM

Jul 2012
Playcool said:
Kyoto maybe, dont feel much about J.C.
What I really wanted was White Fox doing it.
They got my trust with this:

(obvious spoilers for those that didnt played it, nostalgia for the rest, when I first saw Rewrite animated... damm)
This right freaking here. When I first saw that opening once the Moon route was starting I was hype beyond belief. Also reiterating that YOU DO NOT WANT TO WATCH THAT if you haven't read the VN's first 5 routes.
L-Ryoshi said:
The premises seems interesting, though I have to ask. Is every episode going to be 48 mins long?
I heard VN readers complaining that 13 episodes was too short for this, but would 13 48 min episodes make a difference to their opinions?
13 48 minute episodes would alleviate my concerns considerably, but there would still need to be a second cour to end the show properly. That said, given that this is an original route not from the VN, they COULD work some magic and make a decent 13 episode anime. But it won't be what I loved about Rewrite the most. Please if anyone else is considering between reading the VN or watching the anime, PLEASE read the VN.
InsanityDevice said:
Why why why does it have to be so good even though the characters are simply classical moe archetypes. I hate the character design for the girls so much that I feel like dropping it every minute like I did for Little Busters (which I actually dropped after the first season). I hate the anime industry so much for hiding such a gem of story-telling behind such a shameless and despicable moe facade!
Because its part of the hook. What draws people in? The artwork. What keeps people reading? The amazing story. I can't tell you how many times I've simply seen artwork for an anime and went, "I need to watch this, this gonna be good". Art is the very first impression a series will make to its viewer. If its not appeasing, the viewer is likely not going to be sticking around for the meaty bits.
flack said:
Maybe I spoke too soon after watching the only first episode. But with how I gave little busters, charlotte plenty of chances by watching them in its entirety which turned out to be pure SHIT, I am hesitant right now to stick with my instinct and drop the series.
Are you seriously saying Little Busters was pure crap? Charlotte is a resounding yes as despite being a hardcore Key fan, it made so many poor choices. Little Busters as an adaptation on the other hand, while it wasn't stellar, it certainly was Charlotte levels of bad. Like I enjoyed Charlotte to an extent but I understand that its objectively middling at best.
eworm said:
The biggest failing of the VN for me was definitely the final, hidden story. It was literally a lot of weird pseudo-philosophical talk with absolutely nothing happening. I didn't last to see it through and gave up without looking back. I hope they "botch" this one part at least, it didn't work as a VN and would be unforgivable in an anime. Worse than Endless Eight. That bad.
You poor guy... you missed out on the Terra route based on that post. Please finish Moon in its entirety and then read the Terra route. Because that philosophical thing you're complaining about? Its not the final route.
Jul 5, 2016 3:07 AM

Jul 2014
I don't really like Kotarou's voice and monologues but as for every character, the spirit seems here.
I hoped the surnatural would come later (in the forest) but well, i'm not a director so i'll wait until the end to make my mind.
Oh and... the uniforms :3
Welp
Jul 5, 2016 3:30 AM

Sep 2011
Aievuog said:

That will explain soon enough.

Or meh, some people already said it to you. But yea, you'll see soon enough.

Jul 5, 2016 3:57 AM

Jan 2009
2/5
first episode is without a doubt a failure
the pacing is off, rushed. the story is confusing, it lacks poignant scenes and good directing. the character design makes them look too much like kids.
Jul 5, 2016 4:11 AM

Dec 2015
Episode was a meh.

Didn't really leave an impactful impression on me, however is capable of convincing me to wait and watch the next episode.

The only concerns I have for this anime is the amount of cliches in this one single episode ("movie") I just hope that they get more profound of the archetypal characters. Other than that, this anime is okay.

and dammmmnnnnnn, that animation is top-notch

5/10 so far.
Why yu gettin' cheeky? (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 5, 2016 8:51 AM

Feb 2016
Im sorry but this anime hasnt got any problem to get an average of 7.40 and dropping what is the problem with just watching it and not comparing it to the VN its trying to adapt a new route thats why its 13episodes not 24+ they may adapt more as long as the anime is sucessful but the unnecessary critisism is just not right 1 ep doesnt decide a good or bad anime fair enough if u dont like it after like half way into the series or if its not your preference but there is no major problem yet to be seen so calm the hate and wait as it may improve thats just my opinion but a definite fact is people are expecting an exact copy of the VN im a bit annoyed they are not adapting the other routes but at the same time im not too bothered about it as it may get repetitive in the early stages. Well thats my rant over but damn the hate is unbearable

Jul 5, 2016 9:12 AM

Jan 2015
Sokah said:
WTF did I just watch? Infantilized girls, sleepwalkers with a fetish for coins, transfer students with super strength, witchs, ghosts, fairy vampires, boss monster, dimensional travel, dismemberment. Also Colonel Sanders. Art is also Clannadish, but not in a good way.

I'm with you here. I did not have this in PTW but since it's been positively looked upon, I decided to watch. Not really sure what to think tbh.

A thin, small, girl that does not speak a word and sucks on a can destroys a massive boss like monster... made my eyes roll. Cliche much.

The artwork was also bugging me, could be the main reason why I didn't get into it.
Jul 5, 2016 9:29 AM

Jun 2013
pufonD said:
Sokah said:
WTF did I just watch? Infantilized girls, sleepwalkers with a fetish for coins, transfer students with super strength, witchs, ghosts, fairy vampires, boss monster, dimensional travel, dismemberment. Also Colonel Sanders. Art is also Clannadish, but not in a good way.

I'm with you here. I did not have this in PTW but since it's been positively looked upon, I decided to watch. Not really sure what to think tbh.

A thin, small, girl that does not speak a word and sucks on a can destroys a massive boss like monster... made my eyes roll. Cliche much.

The artwork was also bugging me, could be the main reason why I didn't get into it.

Jul 5, 2016 9:52 AM

Jan 2015
Murasa22 said:
pufonD said:

I think you're missing the point here
Jul 5, 2016 10:02 AM

Jun 2013
pufonD said:
Murasa22 said:

Actually its you that is missing the whole point.

I agree that the moe artwork can turn some people down, but the dark themes behind everything makes up for it, i can assure that.
Jul 5, 2016 10:38 AM

Jan 2015
Murasa22 said:
pufonD said:

Actually its you that is missing the whole point.

I agree that the moe artwork can turn some people down, but the dark themes behind everything makes up for it, i can assure that.

How can I be missing the point when I'm making the statement *facepalm*

Whatever happens later, it's meant to be for later. But a first episode, especially that long has to leave a good impression. I ended up not sure what to think.

And yeah I mean she could be a bloody dolphin (people justify lolis in a similar manner for example), but I can see 2 eyes, a mouth, a nose, hair, body, 2 legs and 2 arms. Thats human looking for me.

I mean it's good that you know the whole story and so on but I don't, so I'm basing it on what have I seen so far.
pufonDJul 5, 2016 1:43 PM
Jul 5, 2016 11:36 AM

Dec 2013
only 12 mins into the show and I am beginning to question wtf am I watching. don't think it's worth my time. dropped
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2016

330 by uncommonpuzzled »»
Jul 17, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

168 by Karva1 »»
Jun 19, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2016

200 by Karva1 »»
Jun 19, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

294 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.