Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Nov 20, 2013 10:20 PM

Jan 2013
Harumi Kiyama. Nuff Said.

Please send me a message/profile comment since I will most likely not check my forum posts. Thank you.
Jan 3, 2014 11:01 AM

Nov 2012
pfftt. it end already..
well at least the battle is awesome :3
that combi kuroko and misaka :D really awesome.. I want more :p
and then it end..

Railgun S!!!! :D
Feb 12, 2014 9:35 PM

Jan 2011
some pretty cool action scenes, too bad this season only got a few of those
the villain was extremely lame, she reminded me of the butterfly man from SAO, she didnt look as laughable as him though
lol Saten was useful for once an i laughed when the glasses girl started shooting

6/10 for season 1, hope the sequel d be much better
Apr 4, 2014 6:00 PM

Jul 2013
Yay they all woke up. And Kiyama finally got rid of her eye bags.

Therestina won the award of the most aggravating facial expressions in the history of anime.
Apr 5, 2014 2:33 AM

Aug 2009
ihusmal1234 said:
Yay they all woke up. And Kiyama finally got rid of her eye bags.

Therestina won the award of the most aggravating facial expressions in the history of anime.

I guess you havent seen Umineko yet huh?
May 4, 2014 9:22 AM

Jul 2012
I really enjoyed this show.

If those filler episodes were cut out I would give it a higher score. 8/10 for me.
May 8, 2014 4:48 PM

Jul 2010
Would probably give it a 6/10, I enjoyed Index a lot more and there were so many fillers with boring side characters.
May 10, 2014 4:07 PM

Jan 2013
Glad to see what happened though honnestly I would have loved it more if Therestina would have ended in a worser situation.
That ending tho'... touchy :P.
May 15, 2014 4:57 PM

Jan 2013
Kongou saves everyone again xDD
Misaka tooo OP ^^ WOW finally Saten did something useful ahaha
I'm glad that this anime got a happy ending ^^ That happy birthday sensei in the end <3 epic
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 19, 2014 7:55 AM

Jan 2014
art 10/10,musics 10/10 it was a good anime. looking forward to railgun S...
Jun 1, 2014 12:03 AM

Feb 2014
Going by the cover art, I wasn't expecting much from this series. I thought this was going to be another "cute girls doing cute things" kind of show (anime have the most misleading cover art). But this turned out really good. Sure it had a couple of fillers, and I thought Therestina was a bit campy villain, but it was still great. MUCH better than Index. Unlike Railgun, Index was an inconsistent, soulless series in which every character spouted exposition as if they were plot dispensers. Misaka's arcs were the only reason I didn't drop Index.
Jun 1, 2014 9:15 AM

Aug 2009
Vhailor said:
Going by the cover art, I wasn't expecting much from this series. I thought this was going to be another "cute girls doing cute things" kind of show (anime have the most misleading cover art). But this turned out really good. Sure it had a couple of fillers, and I thought Therestina was a bit campy villain, but it was still great. MUCH better than Index. Unlike Railgun, Index was an inconsistent, soulless series in which every character spouted exposition as if they were plot dispensers. Misaka's arcs were the only reason I didn't drop Index.

Where exactly do you see the consistency in railgun's arcs? Having background and understanding what is going on isnt bad and considering that all those Railgun only viewers dont know shit about Academy City and the espers, Index's exposition is good and necessary .Misaka had 3 arcs with an average of like 2 eps? And she is mostly useless in Index anime so no you are just spouting crap.
Jun 3, 2014 12:51 AM

Feb 2014
Yup, those (what 6 or 7 episodes related to the sisters arc) were the only ones I could bring myself to care the most about, and were the reason why I continued to watch the show, hoping the rest of the episodes would get as good. And I don't have any problem with expositions, but standing around (especially in the middle of battles) and rambling about stuff that's obvious to everyone except the audience can get a bit boring and annoying.
Jun 4, 2014 3:43 AM
Mar 2013
Yaaaaaaay, Kiyama-sensei! ; v ;
Really happy for her.
Good that Mikasa apologised to her.
Kongou's Aero Hand! :D
Would've liked to see Saten smashing up the Control Room. There's something rather gratifying about baseball bat destruction.

The first half of the series was really refreshing. Second half dragged :(
8 > 6/10
Jun 23, 2014 5:47 PM

Nov 2012
Wow,what a snoozefest,so many filler episodes too,and most of the characters were annoying as shit (especially Kuroko and Uiharu) 5/10.

Sure hope Railgun S is better than this,especially since it's expansion of the Sister arc.

That railgun with the robot's claw was pretty cool though.

Imho Index novels>Index anime>Railgun.
Jul 21, 2014 3:28 PM

Jan 2014
It was a good show.

Kuroko's character really annoys me. Onee-sama this Onee-sama that, like c'mon man.

7/10
Recommend me an anime
Jul 21, 2014 5:31 PM

Jan 2014
renzbiohazard said:
It was a good show.

Kuroko's character really annoys me. Onee-sama this Onee-sama that, like c'mon man.

7/10
You must respect people's way of life man...if kuroko was a man you wouldnt say that :I
Jul 30, 2014 8:09 PM

Aug 2013
Dat ending... Where have you hide all the onions, guys?!

Finally, Kiyama got the ending she deserved. She did some terrible things, but she always did it for the sake of those children. It was so touching when she finally saw her student awake and that zeppelin scene... :')
After that experiment during the Kihara era, Kiyama died and now, she have finally came back to life. I like the little detail they added at the end, removing the dark circles from her eyes :)

That action was really amazing. Those two railgun... Damn, it was so epic. When Misaka called for Kuroko, falling from the sky... It was so exciting. Misaka had so much intensity in her voice, like if she was putting all her emotion in it. Seriously, don't get Misaka angry, or she'll railgun your ass.

Anyway, it was a really fun season. It make me even more excited for Index II. I hope there will be more MisakaxTouma, they have such a great chemistry.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 1, 2014 12:49 PM

Jul 2012
That episode was majestic, the fights were something, and Railgun is so strong oh god.

I liked this show, I'll rate it 8/10, would have been more if there were less filler!
Aug 6, 2014 4:55 PM
Feb 2013
Kiyama is such a good person.
I'm happy for her that she actually made it at the end.
I didn't expect such a strong skill from Kongou, she really is something.
Misaka was amazing as always. ^^
I liked the show but it wasn't really a masterpiece even if I enjoyed it a lot.

8/10
CheatrealAug 6, 2014 4:58 PM
Aug 12, 2014 5:15 AM

Dec 2013
The fights were quite effective but the whole arc was boring as hell.
The show didn't have any concept and was too episodic but 6/10 for Kuroko and Saten-san.
AizixAug 12, 2014 1:49 PM
Aug 21, 2014 1:56 AM

Oct 2012
i didnt like the ending
RRRRRRRRRR
Aug 28, 2014 2:59 PM

May 2014
What kind of action series is this? FLIP UR COIN MISAKA. The robot was shooting giant metal tins on a rope... and CLAWING at melee range. Misaka could have shot one railgun and GG... They dragged this out. The battle oculd have been done so much more quickly. I don't know if shes limited to like 2 railguns or there's a CD or something. I shouldn't think too hard; et's just leave it as Misaka just wanted to have some fun, you know those people who like action.

"You're nothing but data for this city." Kihara to Misaka
This is true. We all know that Academic city is really just one big experiment. These kids who try to become espers are experimented on. However they choose to be espers—but that doesn't mean they know everything that they are being used for. This city is flawed, very flawed. It can be said that it is on the verge of collapse. It is fragile.
_Dazzle_Aug 28, 2014 3:10 PM
Dec 24, 2014 7:47 PM

Aug 2014
Seems it's over the first season. I enjoyed it a lot! Misaka-san have her best smile in the end, I love it! :D

I'm glad to see all the students of Hiyama wake up again. They finally will can smile again and their discuss for their teacher Hiyama was great!
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 30, 2015 3:08 PM
Sep 2014
Compared to Index, this one is miles away.
I love SoL so i enjoyed that part. Humor was fun, action scenes were well executed, and it has only one annoying bad guy-Therestina-while in Index, almost every character was annoying, especially Touma. I really dislike characters with laugh like that.
Ending was pretty good, emotional. GJ on that :) Oh, and OST was damn amazing

Well, time for season 2.
NarcoJan 30, 2015 3:34 PM
Feb 3, 2015 5:11 PM
Jul 2014
Not a bad series
Misaka is amazing #RailGunFtw o3o
Ending was expected tho.
Aug 22, 2015 8:41 PM

Jan 2015
That was the best episode i've seen in a while. I almost never had so much emotions from the beginning to the end, non stop crying from happiness.
Jan 22, 2016 9:16 PM

Mar 2015
1st half was epic. Too many bad-ass moment there.

Ritsu look a like voiced by Satou Satomi, LOL XD

It's not the best ending that I wanted though.

This episode: 5/5

Series rating: 8.5/10
Feb 19, 2016 1:22 AM
May 2013
This arc kinda bored me .
I lost my interest after Kiyama arc .
Pretty average compared to Majutsu but it was worth watching .
Mar 9, 2016 1:07 AM

Apr 2010
The true reason behind Telestina's madness was she wanted to complete her Grandfather's work by any means necessary or else all that trauma she went through as a child being experimented on would have been for nothing.
MysteryFan89Mar 9, 2016 1:11 AM
Mar 11, 2016 1:57 PM

Mar 2015
Aww... Kiyama-sensei's arc is definitely the best. It has sweet ending too.

It's too bad there's so much focus on spin-off characters on this spin-off. I mean seriously. Take out Uihara and Saten, just make it Misaka's own spin-off would have worked better.

Also since level 6 is being thrown here and there, I guess I can expect Railgun 2 to have Accelerator and the Sisters! I want my second best girl Misaka 10032 to appear :3

Mar 29, 2016 7:27 PM

Nov 2011
so I take it this filler arc is actually canon. Misaka has a group pic with Harue in the manga.
I didn't like the car chase fight the first time I watched but after watching the finale car chase in Bourne Supremacy I'm in for more car chase so I ended up liking the fight here after rewatch.
Better than the final arc of Index S1. That arc sucks.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Apr 2, 2016 8:12 PM

Jun 2015
Would have given it a higher rating if there were less fillers, last episode was epic though. Railgun is OP!

Nov 6, 2016 4:37 AM

Jun 2011
I can't believe I am actually gonna say this, but Toaru Kagaku no Railgun has disappointed me. I still loved what I remembered good about this Railgun series, but I certainly don't recall all the bad things that have happened in the series. I have no idea if the last arc was a filler though I would assume it is from what I've seen/heard from the others, but the entirety of second half was terrible, from a out-of-character Misaka, to random cliche development of irrelevant characters with boring story, to making Uiharu unbearable for no reason in this final arc. I have no idea why did they dumb down Uiharu, to have her choose to believe a friend she barely knew for like what, 2 days, over her childhood friend she knew for years, Kuroko, and has gone through a lot with her. It's as if her relationship with Kuroko was that shallow she couldn't trust her at all. The whole thing was just handled terribly, especially Uiharu's character. The one scene where she just sit around crying about everything was just a net negative for her character to me, and of course, it had to be Kuroko who slaps her out of it, cliche.

I don't mind fillers if they are far in-between serious arc to give us the viewers some breather, but they come one after another, and that's not all, they feature random characters we've never really got to know a lot about previously, and expect us to care about the lazy story they came up with. I honestly appreciate Index a lot more now, I used to like Railgun more than Index, but now I actually like Index's story driven series more than Railgun's filler-driven series. At the very least, they don't destroy loveable characters in their fillers.

There's no word that could describe my disappointment, I feel so sad now. I think I sort of understand the low rating now. Let's hope that the Sister arc in Railgun S is as good as its reputation says, and give me more Touma/Accelerator, less Uiharu/Saten.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 12, 2017 10:31 AM

Oct 2015
Decent and fairly enjoyable last arc of season 1. Kiyama is a great character.

Overall good, but could've been better had there not been so much filler in the second half. Although even the worst filler eps were tolerable just because of the fun characters. 7/10

Now on to Railgun S.
Jan 17, 2017 5:21 PM

Oct 2016
Ataccot said:

Overall good, but could've been better had there not been so much filler in the second half. Although even the worst filler eps were tolerable just because of the fun characters. 7/10

Now on to Railgun S.

I agree 100% 7/10. This episode gets a 8/10 for that ending though. Screw all those filler episodes. I am now starting Railgun S as this chart follows.

Jan 18, 2017 12:16 PM

Oct 2015
SeasonADay said:
Ataccot said:

Now on to Railgun S.

I agree 100% 7/10. This episode gets a 8/10 for that ending though. Screw all those filler episodes. I am now starting Railgun S as this chart follows.

Thanks for posting that chart. So if I'm reading it right, Level Upper and Sisters arcs are the only canon parts in the anime? Yikes. Well hopefully Sisters arc, along with some more decent filler, will be enough to carry Railgun S.

On the bright side, it looks like Index has quite a bit more canon content in comparison. I'll have to check that out after finishing the rest of Railgun.
Feb 6, 2017 8:13 PM

Dec 2013
A strong conclusion. Really liked that we got a conclusion with Kiyama.
Mar 22, 2017 9:57 PM

Aug 2013
That was such a fantastic and satisfying conclusion to the story.
There was good art and animation.. with great fight scenes and osts to back it up.
Overall it was very enjoyable apart from the few filler episode between the 2 major arcs.
The granddaughter as teh villain was somewhat underwhelming but Kirama sensei is sooo goood.
I really like her.. happy for her to finally get what she wanted.
Kiyama sensei's arc definitely the gem in this season.
Jun 28, 2017 7:45 AM

Mar 2013
Great finale. The ending was heartwarming. I teared up too :')
Harumi and Saten was the saving grace of the anime.

I think the anime was better than Index, but still I enjoyed Index more :D
Also, Kuroko with her annoying Onee-sama moments were really cringeworthy. Can't help but sigh when I think I'll have to deal with her again in S2.

I'd given an 8 to anime but with the amount of fillers, it doesn't deserve that rating. Otherwise, I really enjoyed the plot centered episodes.
Sep 18, 2017 1:52 PM

Jun 2013
I'm glad Kiyama got there. Tanaka Atsuko did pretty well voicing her, especially considering the script. The girls each had their moment to shine, so that's cool. Terestina was like your custom character in a cutscene...

Railgun had really stale writing. The visuals never had much flair or personality to them, the show never looks like "it's own thing", but they were generally pleasant to look at. The best directed, and not-so-incidentally most memorable episodes were 1, 5, 10 and 11. Also, there was always some good action sakuga when it counted, or a funny one-off animation gag here and there, or on occasion, a well directed scene (I know that's vague). I can always appreciate little things like that.

There was far too little background music in the quieter scenes! I don't think I've ever complained about this with an anime before, it's really weird. The first OP and ED are cool though.

There was also not nearly enough good action, but we also barely explored the four main characters, wasting most of their potential. They grew on me, but that's the result of mere exposure effect, good voice acting, and occasionally cute animation; the writing had very little part in it. Saten was a pleasant surprise, Kuroko grew on me, Uiharu was fine I guess. Mikoto was badass, but not as interesting or even memetic as I'd hoped.

The stand alone episodes were mostly weak, it's kind of hard to remember any of them in hindsight, to be honest. My final impression of the show is that it was pretty dumb, and not even that much fun. I might try Railgun S at some point, but I'm not nearly as interested as before.

Bio said:
The series, on the other hand, is extremely mediocre. Even more so than the disjointed and inconclusive Index anime. I'd thought I would like this one better, since the sisters arc was my favorite part of Index

That's the saddest part. I didn't like Index because I found it way too stupid (except for the genuinely exciting, if not necessarily smart Sisters arc), but at least there was always some sh*t going on, even if it was just a bunch of nonsense.
LeeTailorSep 18, 2017 2:03 PM
Dec 17, 2017 6:24 AM

Apr 2013
Well this was better than Index at the very least, still I think a lot of episodes were just pretty boring and pointless. 5/10
Feb 7, 2018 10:51 AM

Sep 2012
Misaka: There's never a dull moment is there, not in this city

ME: & its all THX to u lol

Feb 8, 2018 12:14 PM

Apr 2014
That disgrace of a Kihara should have died here and not show up. Shame on you Telestine, at least Amata atoned for his failure with death. You should feel shameful for losing to a regular LV5 and taken your own life right there.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
May 20, 2018 7:54 AM

Jul 2015
That was a great final episode, the filler content was actually pretty damn good and expanded the previous story, what a nice job.

8.5/10 from my part, hyped for S2
Dec 25, 2018 12:09 AM

Dec 2014
so it finished...hmmm all was solved...did not feel like it needs a season 2 though
Jan 27, 2019 6:49 AM

Aug 2017
Well, Kiyama has accomplished the mission. The kids are awake. I'm happy for her. Despite that the second half of Railgun is filler, it was good to close the Level Upper arc.

How ironic that Saten's baseball bat saved the day lmao.

It was a good show. I think that most of the fillers aren't so bad as they say here. Good characters (besides Uihara in the second half), amazing fights and decent arcs (the Big Spider Arc was shit, the last one was better but not so much as the Level Upper Arc).

Watching Toaru in chronological order made me to understand cameos and references of the first two arcs of Index. Also, the presentation is much better here than than Index.

7/10 for the anime.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 9, 2019 2:14 AM

Aug 2011
Well at least Kiyama gets her happy ending but all in all terrible anime. Now Index was bad at times but this was far worse.
The second half was a non coherent trainwreck and the childish writing and setting did the anime no favors.
Mar 10, 2019 1:35 PM
Feb 2019
Great show, one gripe tho:

This show had a lot of plot potential in the discrimination of academy city toward espers, but it was only ever used as a motive for villains. Then the villains go overboard and have to be beat to all heck by the espers in order to uphold the system. That such a blatent problem with the system is not only never addressed by the main characters, but is implicitly condoned in their never-ending love for academy city leaves a lot to be desired of our idealistic protagonists. The show implies over and over again that non-espers are marginalized in the city and driven to crime and underground organizations, but aside from about 2 minutes in Saten's arc, we see no sympathy for the plight of non-espers at all, leaving an enormous hole in the world building of academy city.

I don't mean to sound whiny here, but all that just make me sympathize more with some antagonists than Misaka and gang. Really just an acknowledgement of the marginalization by someone in the show besides a crazed villain would have made it okay, for me at least.
Mar 28, 2019 10:58 PM
Jan 2019
What a good ending, they gave that bitch her due and I am happy that they saved the students of Kiyama.

I loved this parallel story of the anime Toaru Majutsu no Index focused on Misaka and her friends, I found it very funny, emotional and with very interesting data that was not seen in the main series. The only thing that was strange to me was that they did not touch the topic of the clones of Misaka and their fight with the esper Niverl 5 number one of Academic City. Otherwise, all great 😁.

Well, now follows Toaru Majutsu no Index 2.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

» Who would be the top and bottom in a Misaka x Kuroko relationship?

SwagsOnB - Jun 23

12 by Tex_otakulife »»
Jul 4, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

UnknownFact - Jan 2, 2010

172 by removed-user »»
Jun 27, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 5, 2010

149 by povsuduvolosy »»
May 27, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

166 by Guren_Der »»
May 22, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2010

213 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 18, 11:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.