Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 29, 2012 1:50 AM

Feb 2011
Incredible episode as always . I would give this series 11/10 if possible .
Jul 29, 2012 1:53 AM
Mar 2011
UnbornMVs said:
Incredible episode as always . I would give this series 11/10 if possible .

When virtual Reality Massively Online Multiplayer Roll-Playing Games exist, you may give it 100/10 ;) .
Jul 29, 2012 1:55 AM

Jun 2010
Im with Kokoro Connect > SAO ANIME side!!
Jul 29, 2012 1:56 AM

Dec 2011
Not a bad episode I guess, I'm glad next episode is not, "warmth of the heart" or whatever it's called. Why? Because I hate Lizbitch... I mean Lizbeth, the overdramatic girl that trying to be so dramatic in a very undramatic situation. A very annoying self conscious girl that is trying to be dramatic about her
Jul 29, 2012 2:05 AM

Mar 2011
This time was very good ep .
Jul 29, 2012 2:10 AM
Jun 2010
In retrospect SAO as a game is completely unbalanced. Someone 30ish levels higher shouldn't be able to heal tank 6 people with a .4% regen rate.
Jul 29, 2012 2:35 AM

Aug 2010
Jimqi said:
In retrospect SAO as a game is completely unbalanced. Someone 30ish levels higher shouldn't be able to heal tank 6 people with a .4% regen rate.
It seems like the power grows exponentially with the levels, especially for a solo front-line player.

Anyway, the OST of SAO is a must. Yuki's making an epic job to be honest...
Jul 29, 2012 2:40 AM

Nov 2009
-MgZ_ said:
Im with Kokoro Connect > SAO ANIME side!!

silly people, why don't u guys just enjoy 2 show at the same time? Kokoro and SAO both are my top fav this season, I wouldn't be bothered try to compare which one is better. Just enjoy the show goddamn it.
Jul 29, 2012 2:47 AM

Oct 2009
Nice ep.! 5/5
Jul 29, 2012 3:03 AM

Apr 2010
Jimqi said:

What MMOs have you played? In most MMOs lv makes a huge difference in stats/hp. Tanking a group of people 30lvs lower than you should be nothing.
Jul 29, 2012 3:06 AM

May 2012
anyone feel that Silica is Kirito's cousin in real life?? or it was just me?
[/URL]
Jul 29, 2012 3:07 AM

Feb 2012
JohnnySan said:

It's just you.
Jul 29, 2012 3:08 AM

Feb 2012
antonn said:
Jimqi said:

What MMOs have you played? In most MMOs lv makes a huge difference in stats/hp. Tanking a group of people 30lvs lower than you should be nothing.

Couldn't have said it better and, also in sword art online information is key the way you assign and, build you skills is just as important you could go ranking your defence for weeks and, become untouchable according to the LN you rank skills by using them.

It's safe to say kirito who is a solo player stresses defence before offence.
Jul 29, 2012 3:09 AM

Feb 2012
JohnnySan said:

Don't forget about the "mirror" in episode 1 that reflects the real person body weigh , height , face if it was her he would have known right away not to mention in episode 1 they said she hated MMOs
Jul 29, 2012 3:13 AM

Jun 2012
Kirito has entered Floor 47!
A wild Loli appears!
Loli uses cry of vulnerability
It's super effective!!

Jokes aside this wasn't much of an interesting episode to me. Felt like plain loli fan service :(

At least I know Kirito is still a badass (even though they skipped about 30 levels ahead). Looking forward to this next episode.
Jul 29, 2012 3:16 AM

Sep 2010
i kinda wonder what the level difference is between those 2 if kirito is that stong that he can tank 7 people without getting damage.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2012 3:19 AM

Jul 2011
Jimqi said:

as your level gets higher, it gets more and more difficult and longer to level up, the only reason why kirito reached such a high level is because he is using the dangerous method of soling the front-lines, this way he fights the highest leveled monsters while gaining all the xp without it sharing as it usually would when you are in a party, however as good as this may sound, it puts severe risks towards your life, multiple mobs can gang up and overwhelm you and if you are hit by paralysis effect your pretty much screwed if you dont have anyone to lift your paralysis, you would just be beaten down monsters while being unable to move, so although it may seem unfair that kirito is at such an overwhelming level, you have to remember that he only reached this level through lots of hardships, so its fair in that kind of sense

also kirito's "battle healing" is an ability that can only be leveled up when you sustain damage, for him to have such a high level in it is proof that he must of sustained loads of damage in the past and battled alot with his life on the line
Jul 29, 2012 3:25 AM

Jul 2011
MidnightPride said:

isn't it the other way round? kirito focused mainly on strength and mobility when fighting, which is why he doesn't carry a shield and only wears a black overcoat for armor, its so that he isn't weighed down by the shield + heavy armor, it could even be said that kirito fights in a way that has no regard for his life whatsoever
Jul 29, 2012 3:37 AM

Feb 2012
kamikaze_1996 said:
MidnightPride said:

isn't it the other way round? kirito focused mainly on strength and mobility when fighting, which is why he doesn't carry a shield and only wears a black overcoat for armor, its so that he isn't weighed down by the shield + heavy armor, it could even be said that kirito fights in a way that has no regard for his life whatsoever

I'm pretty sure he focuses on accuracy and, defence then, probably next action. If he focused on mobility then, he would be like asuna in speed. You are right about the armor but, it's true for anyone who wants to play solo. He doesn't really play crazy but, simply playing the game is playing with your life and, playing solo even more so but, he has lots of potions and, any-time warp to ensure he will remain safe.
Jul 29, 2012 3:57 AM
Feb 2012
nice
Jul 29, 2012 3:58 AM

Jul 2012
Scilica is was really cute throughout the episode. Funny how she almost opened the door without her clothes on.

Kirito is total badassery. That part where he said "1 or 2 days of being an orange player doesnt mean much to me" gave me chills.

We should be able to see more of Asuna next episode. Fyeah xD

On a side note, can't wait for the OST of this anime. Will be good stuff.
Jul 29, 2012 4:18 AM

Jul 2011
MidnightPride said:
kamikaze_1996 said:
MidnightPride said:

I'm pretty sure he focuses on accuracy and, defence then, probably next action. If he focused on mobility then, he would be like asuna in speed. You are right about the armor but, it's true for anyone who wants to play solo. He doesn't really play crazy but, simply playing the game is playing with your life and, playing solo even more so but, he has lots of potions and, any-time warp to ensure he will remain safe.

nah your mistaken "As each player levels up, they can choose to raise either strength or dexterity. Axe-users such as Agil would opt for strength, while rapier-users like Asuna would focus on their dexterity. Although I was a normal sword user and raised both of them, my personal preferences prioritized dexterity somewhat more than strength" quoted directly from the LN itself

also that part about kirito's crazy fighting style is shown in
Jul 29, 2012 4:18 AM

May 2012
Man Kirito is so OP right now! I wonder who his first real challenge will end up being. And where's Asuna? I'm still waiting for the main cast of characters to finally get together in this series. Should be awesome when they all finally do come together.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Jul 29, 2012 4:21 AM

Feb 2012
Leonard93 said:
i kinda wonder what the level difference is between those 2 if kirito is that stong that he can tank 7 people without getting damage.

Well Silica was lvl45 in this episode so the others must be around that.
Kiriko is lvl78, so yea against them hes invincible.

Whats the max lvl in this game anyway?
Jul 29, 2012 4:22 AM

Apr 2012
I loved this episode. Nothing more to say. 5/5

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jul 29, 2012 4:29 AM

Apr 2010
Awesome episode. Looking forward to the next 20+ episodes to be honest :)

5/5
Jul 29, 2012 4:38 AM

Jul 2011
BenGJH said:
Scilica is was really cute throughout the episode. Funny how she almost opened the door without her clothes on.

Kirito is total badassery. That part where he said "1 or 2 days of being an orange player doesnt mean much to me" gave me chills.

We should be able to see more of Asuna next episode. Fyeah xD

On a side note, can't wait for the OST of this anime. Will be good stuff.

i couldn't agree more, i was cringing when silica was about to open the door while being half naked and was thinking "awww not this shit again" especially when it would of been contradictory to what she was doing when she was hiding her panties when kirito almost saw them

i just loved the way kirito flash stepped in front of rosalia with a blade at her throat, i was laughing when i saw his spurs spinning, it was just badass and suited the scene so well, i thought they would animate the part where kirito throws rosalia into the middle of the thugs and threatens to kill them if they don't obey but that would of been over the top

im looking forward to when the OST is released, ive already downloaded the opening theme although its only tv size....
Jul 29, 2012 4:41 AM

Jul 2011
ze_dos_cavalos said:
Leonard93 said:

Well Silica was lvl45 in this episode so the others must be around that.
Kiriko is lvl78, so yea against them hes invincible.

Whats the max lvl in this game anyway?

in the spoiler tag :)
Jul 29, 2012 5:01 AM

Jan 2010
This was a great episode, but when will we see Asuna and the rest of the people in episode 2?
Jul 29, 2012 5:16 AM

Aug 2009
Well, ep was ok. After the last ep, I was expecting something to go wrong all the time, but nothing happened^^
Still, I totally don't like the episodic format the series has taken. The first two eps were really interesting and exciting to follow, but now it's just some "Short stories from SOA"...
I want a continuous plotline! :-(
Jul 29, 2012 5:25 AM

May 2010
I don't know what to say....since this anime is so awesome & this episode was as touching as the previous one.
Jul 29, 2012 5:30 AM

Jul 2011
DaiTomodachi said:
This was a great episode, but when will we see Asuna and the rest of the people in episode 2?

asuna will show up next episode :)

mrmuk said:
Well, ep was ok. After the last ep, I was expecting something to go wrong all the time, but nothing happened^^
Still, I totally don't like the episodic format the series has taken. The first two eps were really interesting and exciting to follow, but now it's just some "Short stories from SOA"...
I want a continuous plotline! :-(

your gonna need to bear with it for now, its still in its introductory stage at the moment but the main plot will pick up at around ep.6/7, thatswhere it gets interesting
Jul 29, 2012 5:34 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I did like this epi way more than the last mainly cause he wasn't emo. He almsot went that way but Silica stopped it xD I just now want it to go to a plot driven story instead of side stories. And rly in 4 epis he went from nothing to lvl 78 /o\ Kind of ridiculous but I still have hope that once the story picks up, it might be good!
Jul 29, 2012 5:37 AM

Apr 2008
I understand that the epis 3 and 4 are actually side stories. Is epi 2 a side story or is it chapter 2? Is the next episode 5 chapter 3?

I'm actually trying to read the LN side story chapters after watching the episodes 2 and 3, which i understand as being 'rushed' but i find it's sufficient for me since the anime episodes act like a quick summary for when i'm reading the LN, allowing me to enjoy the LN much more since i can kind of visualize the characters hahaa
Jul 29, 2012 5:43 AM

Dec 2011
Great episode, but I'm kind of sick of side stories already. I want to see original story.
But still, 5/5.
Jul 29, 2012 5:47 AM

Sep 2010
Enough with side stories, give us the main plot episodes.... But episode it self is pretty good....

3.5/5
Jul 29, 2012 5:51 AM

Jul 2011
Sakagamii said:
I understand that the epis 3 and 4 are actually side stories. Is epi 2 a side story or is it chapter 2? Is the next episode 5 chapter 3?

I'm actually trying to read the LN side story chapters after watching the episodes 2 and 3, which i understand as being 'rushed' but i find it's sufficient for me since the anime episodes act like a quick summary for when i'm reading the LN, allowing me to enjoy the LN much more since i can kind of visualize the characters hahaa

episode 2 is a ss released separately from the LN, while episode 3 was the "red nose reindeer" arc in volume 2 (ss) while episode 4 is also another arc from volume two "the black swordsman" as of now only episode 1 has animated parts in Vol.1

this is because the novel tells the story in a non-linear order while the anime is doing it in chronological order

i highly recommend you watch the anime first then read the LN later
Jul 29, 2012 5:59 AM

Jun 2010
kamikaze_1996 said:

this is because the novel tells the story in a non-linear order while the anime is doing it in chronological order

Which is the biggest mistake that they made. I don't understand why are they doing it in chronological order. There's a lot of demerits in it. The broadcast of Haruhi wasn't in chronological order but people still understood and liked it. I bet we get to see a flat-out Fate/Zero popularity if they just followed the SAO novel correctly.
Jul 29, 2012 6:27 AM

Jul 2011
-MgZ_ said:
kamikaze_1996 said:

Which is the biggest mistake that they made. I don't understand why are they doing it in chronological order. There's a lot of demerits in it. The broadcast of Haruhi wasn't in chronological order but people still understood and liked it. I bet we get to see a flat-out Fate/Zero popularity if they just followed the SAO novel correctly.

not really, i think they made the right decision because
Jul 29, 2012 6:37 AM

Apr 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Akiyama said:
(*´д`*)
I got better for you in the spoiler
custom made like she was being done. Well you get the pic there. HAHA! I forgot to mention insert yourself between her arms.

It's all about DAT Fanservice.
Great episode though I want it to go back to the main story.
We just need a little bit more of Asuna and Kirito time. 5/5
HikarusukeJul 29, 2012 6:43 AM
Jul 29, 2012 6:39 AM

Jul 2009
already read other people's comment about the skipping etc. so enough of that for me xD

But this one is another good episode though and Kirito s definitely a change from all the series ive watched which mostly had weakling main characters (perfect example -> accel world lol) which over time gets annoying.

Bad ass Kirito ftw ;D!

really just hoping itll be 20+ episodes for this good series :/
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Jul 29, 2012 6:50 AM

Nov 2009
^ accel world, aquarion evol, guilty crown, highschool dxd, campione! ( maybe), etc. MC in lots of show recently ( actually since 2010) make me want to puke ==".
Its hard to find a normal, common sensed mc in anime nowadays, enough with the pervert, autism, half-hearted, indecisive mc already.
Jul 29, 2012 6:51 AM

Sep 2008
A decent episode? Who would've thought. Maybe this show decided to develop Kirito after all.
Hopefully there's more of this coming, I can see myself liking this show, but not as it was before.
Jul 29, 2012 6:56 AM
Jul 2009
-MgZ_ said:
So basically, A-1 Pictures do not fucking care to those who did not read the novel. That's what I understood after watching episode two, three and four.

or does A-1 Pictures thought people who didn't read the novel will understand the side stories in Volume Two with just showing the introduction in Volume One? There's a reason why did the author called it "Side Stories"...

I bet the 159 people that dropped SAO had a reason like "Wtf is going on here", "What's the connection to the last episode", "Who the shit is this", "Where's the character's last episode", "I don't understand a thing".

I give up. Im not expecting anything great anymore. Sure they did Animate the important parts and shit. The super rushed style is inevitable if it will only have 24 episodes. Or is it? I believe they do not need to rush things if they didn't include the side stories and focused on Volume One. At first, I thought they are animating the side stories because they wanna do the chronological order so that people will have an easier time understanding it. But they are just messing it up.

So why are they even animating the side stories? I can only think of one reason. They are doing it so that they can include characters like Sachi, Silica, Liz and Yui. They thought they will get higher ratings and stuff if they show a lot of moeness. The y thought the Anime will appear a lot better if there's a bunch of cute characters in it. They are certainly right but that's just so disappointing. The fact that a production studio thinks like that sucks.

I hope it doesn't get worse. Just stay like this or get better. Please.

P.S: I don't have any complains in the Art and Animation department though. Dat Silica bed scene! Kirito was badass. Though there should be more action than that in the Kirito vs 10 scene. Well, nvm.

In regards to your mention about the side stories.

Jul 29, 2012 7:02 AM

Aug 2011
Another great episode! =D

lol @ silico's face in entire episode =)
Jul 29, 2012 7:35 AM

Apr 2011
I'm not regretting that i try watching this anime!! It's the best summer anime 2012!!

Kirito is cute!

Jul 29, 2012 7:36 AM

Jul 2012
great episode!
Jul 29, 2012 7:47 AM

Mar 2012
I forgot to ask this, but if you have sex in SAO then do you cum your pants irl?
Jul 29, 2012 7:50 AM

Jul 2009
The new girl is cute :3
...but tentacles... D:
Jul 29, 2012 7:54 AM

Mar 2012
roorensu-kun said:
already read other people's comment about the skipping etc. so enough of that for me xD

But this one is another good episode though and Kirito s definitely a change from all the series ive watched which mostly had weakling main characters (perfect example -> accel world lol) which over time gets annoying.

Bad ass Kirito ftw ;D!

really just hoping itll be 20+ episodes for this good series :/

Yeah, Kirito is pretty awesome. He's not developed very much yet, but I like where it's going.

Accel World... Haru makes watching that show like watching NTR.
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.