Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Sep 15, 2014 7:42 PM

Oct 2007
Brxck said:
Lackluster overall. Inaho is such a bad character.

I swear he seems strictly designed to appeal to all those people that love to bitch about main characters and they're solution was just to make him have no personality and be efficient at everything so that people will have nothing to bitch about. It's easier than making a character actually interesting and have a character arc. I still don't know if people are familiar with the Red Letter Media test but he wouldn't pass it that's for sure.

retepeters said:
is it just my impression or the animation was pretty crappy when the decoy kataphrakts were falling and getting destroyed?
it looked like doraemon or something

To be fair they are decoys and pretty much need just enough detail and mobility to fool someone fair enough away into thinking they might be the real deal. What I don't get is that the whole point of having decoys is to mix yourself in with them so that the opponent won't know the difference and increase your chances of not getting hit in the real one but in this episode they just deployed them first and then Inaho went through the hail of gunfire on his own afterward which pretty much defeats the purpose. I guess he's not getting hit anyway though since he has plot armor, but to me that's just yet another example of this show trying to showcase tactics and strategy and then just kind of fumbling or half assing the depiction of it. It's like everything about this show is just enough to meet the baseline standard one can expect or a little more and then they play those vocal tracks and people go bonkers over it. It's kind of clever in a way the little tricks they try to use to make it feel more exciting but it never works after all is said and done and I've had time to think about it. That's fridge logic for you though.

robis798 said:

I think the opposite, that this show doesn't fit the music. The soundtrack is pretty good, the vocal music okay, but yes, it is repetitive. I don't know. While I'm not making a big deal about the music, but I agree that it is wasted on this anime. Really had hopes for it. But that loli driving a car was a line for me.

I really don't know, I just don't particularly like it and would have rather he just release an independent album which is what it just kind of feels like. Never has the entire soundtrack for an anime felt more like a tie in for promotional consideration to me. I think it's just the sheer number of vocal tracks which to me is always a big no no for BGM. Like you can have insert songs, but it feels like half the tracks in the show are those while I much prefer the ones that aren't. Sometimes I just don't want to have to listen to some singer shrieking in the background while I'm trying to watch a scene unless it's a montage.

gaba157 said:
Am I the only one who feels that almost nothing important is happening in this show? I mean, it's not that AZ is bad, put it's pretty much an average show, I tought it would be better.
There's little character development, the MCs didn't get any. And the characters who did, like Rayet and Marito have little screentime. Also, we could equip an an army with the amount of plot armor in this show.

Not really, it's astonishingly slow on pretty much all fronts when it comes to plot/character exposition and progression. When the character that's had the most development and fleshing out so far and arguably the most interesting and noteworthy dialogue of anyone by a long shot is your textbook scheming smug arch villain somethings kind of gone horribly wrong on the character front. I just don't think most people care as long as the all important soundtrack is there and they keep up an action quota but for me it just makes the show so woefully average and chomping at the bit to get to fall with 3 different mecha series by a studio and staff that knows more what it's doing with this genre. Like take away the action set pieces and soundtrack and there's just little else there. I really can't think of much to say about most of the characters, they've barely changed since the start of the series and what has changed or they've discussed on that front almost always strikes me as so blindingly obvious that I don't understand why the show feels it needs to spend so much time on it like for example Asseylum and her whole guilt complex.

Also is it me or has Slaine, a main character, actually done jack shit but run around in circles between various castles/masters and wherever the action is going on by stealing sky carriers pretty much this whole series. It's kind of funny how we've seen him steal a sky carrier right out from under guards noses what feels like 3 separate times now and the last time I really remember him doing anything of note that had a real impact was in episode 6-7 when he helped take out the rocket punch chick.
PeacingOutSep 15, 2014 7:56 PM
Sep 15, 2014 8:17 PM

Mar 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Also is it me or has Slaine, a main character, actually done jack shit but run around in circles between various castles/masters and wherever the action is going on by stealing sky carriers pretty much this whole series. It's kind of funny how we've seen him steal a sky carrier right out from under guards noses what feels like 3 separate times now and the last time I really remember him doing anything of note that had a real impact was in episode 6-7 when he helped take out the rocket punch chick.

Didn't you hear? They're trying to surpass Gundam.

But first they must catch up to Gundam. Gotta do like they do in Gundam.

And anybody who's seen Zeta (or hell, Stardust Memory) knows how easy it is to jack a Gundam. Or Sky Carrier, in this case.

But seriously... I'm getting the impression that, as far as writing goes at least, the problem is probably that there are too many writers and nobody to coordinate them. All kinds of random, unconnected events, few lasting consequences of any sort, little semblance of an overarching story, plot twists all over the place, etc.
fstSep 15, 2014 8:20 PM
Sep 15, 2014 8:40 PM

Jan 2014
fst said:

But seriously... I'm getting the impression that, as far as writing goes at least, the problem is probably that there are too many writers and nobody to coordinate them. All kinds of random, unconnected events, few lasting consequences of any sort, little semblance of an overarching story, plot twists all over the place, etc.

Hmm, Guilty Crown?
Sep 15, 2014 8:43 PM

Mar 2013
Guilty Crown had a better soundtrack.
Sep 15, 2014 8:50 PM

Oct 2007
chickenonthepan said:
fst said:

Hmm, Guilty Crown?

Same kind of concept at least. Get a whole bunch of really popular industry names in a room together and throw every popular trope into the pot and see what comes out of it. I've seen it attempted before I don't think it's ever once resulted in what I would call a functional show. Vaguely entertaining and popular for sure, but just riddled with very basic problems.

fst said:
Guilty Crown had a better soundtrack.

Guilty Crown just came out back when Sawano's Post-Unicorn vocal collaboration grindy style soundtrack was kind of a new thing so IMO it just feels that way in retrospect. I was never really a fan of it back then, but I really think it's become almost a sad joke now. I'd love to see him go back to his Unicorn and earlier style of music, but considering how much more popular and considerably easier it is to do the style he uses now there's just no incentive for him to do so. If anything I just expect more and more vocal collaboration tracks from him now and less actual composing. Seven Deadly Sins will tell the tale I'm sure cause to me that just does not seem fit at all for whole multi-language vocal track thing though frankly neither is this. Those tracks clash so horribly with mecha action scenes it makes me just kind of sad and longing for Gundam in Fall.
PeacingOutSep 15, 2014 8:56 PM
Sep 15, 2014 9:22 PM

Mar 2013
Guilty Crown had Supercell too ya know >.>
Sep 16, 2014 2:07 AM

Oct 2008
nirunaru said:

TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Slaine: Where is Asseylum-hime!?
Eddelrittuo: Sorry but the princess is in another landing castle!

That conveyd my feelings exactly. :D

You guys damn beat me to it.

Sep 16, 2014 3:41 AM

Jul 2007
chickenonthepan said:
fst said:

Hmm, Guilty Crown?

Guilty Crown's problem was exactly one person, Okouchi. Making trainwrecks is kind of his trademark.
Sep 16, 2014 3:51 AM

Jan 2011
I wonder how many people still don't know this is split cour.
Sep 16, 2014 5:44 AM

May 2009
Fai said:
chickenonthepan said:

Hmm, Guilty Crown?

Guilty Crown's problem was exactly one person, Okouchi. Making trainwrecks is kind of his trademark.

Okouchi was only helping Yoshino, who was main writer of that tripe.
Sep 16, 2014 9:53 AM

Jan 2011
YurikoRaine said:

yup thats it haha

this episode feels very rush, and suddenly Inaho was turned into Kira...
Sep 16, 2014 10:44 AM

Nov 2013
Could have done without the pointless recap at the beginning <_<

Eh.. Didn't like this one too much. I don't see this season ending well either. Also the way the main cast survives while the rest of the soldiers keep dying is getting even more annoying now <_<

Battle ship takes a double dose of the don't fucking touch my woman's Aldnoah treatment and crashed. Well at least they managed to make use of it and crashed right into enemy's castle.

Tengoku_no_hakai said:
Cruhteo's white kataphrakt, Inaho, and the Princess are all near each other now! Can't wait to see what happens!!!
Bleh. I wanted Rayet to pilot it, or idk someone else. Inaho and Slaine should just stick to their Orange/Bat stuff.

Well, at least Inaho will now have an excuse to be OP.

Meh episode overall, could have been better imo. 3/5

YurikoRaine said:
Oh yeah, this kinda bothered me this episode. I mean they've been teasing this shit since Slaine found out that she's alive. Their meeting better be good <_<
BotatoSep 16, 2014 10:47 AM
Sep 17, 2014 12:22 PM

Aug 2014
ReaperCreeper said:
I wonder how many people still don't know this is split cour.

Hmm... If I hadn't joined MAL I wouldn't know. The only page I follow, doesn't have that info from this show.

http://www.mahou.org/Showtime/

But guess I am not continuously posting to show my ignorance either. Lol.
Sep 17, 2014 3:23 PM

Oct 2012
Well, let's say their plan was flawed from the start because with letting princess go into this dangerous situation they risked she would be killed and they would lose their Aldnoah drive first. But anyway, they would need to go with Plan B right now.

Rayett suddenly helping was... well, expected. Though I still don't like the role they set for her character.

And really, they should have expected they will listen to their radio communication.

But other than that, it wasn't bad episode and action was good.
Sep 17, 2014 3:25 PM

Aug 2014
Normally im not into sci fi anime but this one of the best anime i've seen
Sep 18, 2014 10:06 AM

Nov 2011
Sep 18, 2014 10:11 AM

Apr 2008
Stark700 said:
Episode 12 preview:

Those fuckin trolls! They didn;t show us ANYTHING
Sep 18, 2014 10:16 AM
Jul 2014
y123y said:
Stark700 said:
Episode 12 preview:

I just want Slaine and the princess to meet up so the princess can give Slaine his necklace back (it looks very expensive!!!)

Haha and the bad luck is over :D
Sep 18, 2014 12:06 PM

Jul 2014
Stark700 said:
Episode 12 preview:

Wow. Such trolling. Much secrets. So one scene. Wow.

Knowing Japanese would probably help tho. -_-"
Sep 18, 2014 12:14 PM

Jan 2014
deadoptimist said:
Stark700 said:
Episode 12 preview:

Here, I have translation from other site

Believe it even if lost or hurt
Start walking that path filled with thorns
Next episode: "Though the Heavens Fall"
Your blood will be spilled for justice

And pretty sure that's the first scene next ep...
Sep 18, 2014 12:33 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:

Thank you! ^^
Whoa, it seems someone will die (or at least will seem to die).
I still expect a cliffhanger ending.
Sep 18, 2014 2:34 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
deadoptimist said:

Here, I have translation from other site

Thanks for traslation :D
Sep 19, 2014 11:40 AM

Mar 2010
y123y said:
deadoptimist said:

Thank you! ^^
Whoa, it seems someone will die (or at least will seem to die).
I still expect a cliffhanger ending.

Slaine?

Slaine, Inaho or Princess. My best bet is that the Princess will die due to the fuck up of Inaho and Slaine will hate him and will try to eradicate all Terrans
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Sep 19, 2014 2:26 PM
Jul 2014
WhisperBit said:
My best bet is that the Princess will die due to the fuck up of Inaho and Slaine will hate him and will try to eradicate all Terrans
Third time is the charm.
Sep 19, 2014 7:56 PM
May 2013
WhisperBit said:
My best bet is that the Princess will die due to the fuck up of Inaho and Slaine will hate him and will try to eradicate all Terrans

maybe Inaho kills princess lol
Sep 20, 2014 6:07 AM
Sep 2014
This has to be one of my favorite episodes of the series. It's nice to hear the insert song from episode 7.

It is nice to see some action between the two sides. It was a great cliffhanger and I wonder what will happen in the first season's finale. :)
Sep 20, 2014 7:00 AM

Oct 2009
Am I the only one who found the action so boring and stupid?? From a tactical standpoint it was stupid and impossible but of course we have our great savior Lord Inaho and his powers to misguide every missile and lasers shot at him!

The music direction last episode was much better, this was way too sloppy.
Sep 20, 2014 1:56 PM

Dec 2012
Okay episode, pretty bored throughout even though I've been enjoying this show. Wonder what happened, 3/5.
Sep 20, 2014 3:30 PM

Feb 2013
This episode had me on the edge of my seat.

First episode I can consider to be "great" in this otherwise average anime.

Poor Slaine, always a step behind.
Sep 20, 2014 9:31 PM

Apr 2014
BurntJelly said:
Poor Slaine, always a step behind.

That tiny girl driving a hummvee going off a jump.lol. The princess is now in a gundam holy shit!
---------My Profile------------
Sep 20, 2014 10:47 PM

Jul 2008
Well with the Deucalion down that means the Earth forces have nothing left. Even if they take down this castle, what then?

The Terrans are now screwed either way.
Sep 21, 2014 3:42 AM

Nov 2012
Fav part was the loli maid driving the car through the battlefield getting sprayed with bullets and hit with RPGs. "I'M NOT AFRAID I'M NOT AFRAID I'M NOT AFRAID." I have a bad feeling the princess is going to shoot Slaine. That better not happen. Slaine was acting weird this ep I wonder what his plan is.
Slaine did nothing wrong.
Sep 22, 2014 3:10 AM

Dec 2011
Aldnoah Zero 11:

Holy crap, they're going to land near UE HQ! Guys, quickly relinquish command to Inaho if you want to be saved!

So Seylum finally realized the truth and accepted that they didn't give a damn and just wanted to wage war with the UE.

Inaho can say such things with ease because he's a badass B|

Haha, she can drive that car XD.

Rayet-chan is such a nice girl :3

As always Inaho is the one to devise a strategy that will assure their victory lol.

Big words from Mustang 33...

LOL, Princess 1 XD.

They decided to crash the Deucalion into the enemy landing castle eh.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Sep 22, 2014 4:01 PM
Aug 2014
Great episode, really loving the action! LOL @ Eddelrittuo driving the humvee saying "I'M NOT AFRAID, I'M NOT AFRAID, I'M NOT AFRAID!" Inaho is too damn smart for his own good, like seriously. Also, amazing how FAST Rayet changed her tune from attempted murder to 'I'll PROTECT YOU." Also, little miss Princess in the mecha was a sight to behold.

Last one!
Sep 22, 2014 11:16 PM

Oct 2013
WHEW THE SOUNDTRACK TO THIS SERIES IS GOAT

this would've been a 5/10 episode but the soundtrack alone made it 9/10. the events and action I wouldn't have cared about otherwise was thrilling and gave me so many goosebumps all because of the soundtrack.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 23, 2014 3:34 AM

Mar 2014
More orgasmic music. I'm graciously waiting for a death to happen. Hopefully final episode won't disappoint.
Sep 23, 2014 3:59 PM

Jan 2013
I knew the war wouldn't end that easily. Good action this episode.
Sep 23, 2014 7:29 PM

Jul 2014
xstina0314 said:
Great episode, really loving the action! LOL @ Eddelrittuo driving the humvee saying "I'M NOT AFRAID, I'M NOT AFRAID, I'M NOT AFRAID!" Inaho is too damn smart for his own good, like seriously. Also, amazing how FAST Rayet changed her tune from attempted murder to 'I'll PROTECT YOU." Also, little miss Princess in the mecha was a sight to behold.

Last one!

Yeah, loli was funny but util ;D
Sep 25, 2014 8:59 AM

Aug 2013
I thought Saazbaum had gifted Slaine with the Tharsis in the last episode but clearly that hasn't happened otherwise he'd be in it now fighting instead of strolling about the battlefield looking for the princess! Now we just have to wait for the inevitable showdown between Saazbaum and Inaho with help from Slaine probably. Bring on the finale!
Sep 25, 2014 4:58 PM

Jun 2008
Keten said:
chickenonthepan said:

I don't really agree with you guys on this point.

In my opinion, Inaho is partly expressing Asseylum's will. She wants to be used. She is ready for that when she suggest him taking her to the castle.

Their idea is pretty much the same there. So it's no problem that Inaho talks like that with the communication on. Actually that's the only way they can win.

And that's why she choose to talk to Inaho, not other people. She knows that he will not hesitate.

Why she was hiding that before? Because she was naive and thought that her message will end the war, no need to fight any more. And the fact is that they never meet an obital castle on their way before, right?

I know that the writing is bad but you guys should give the credit for the reasonable part. :P

As you said, the writing is bad. My issue isn't so much the general idea of what he is saying, my issue was how it was written. They wrote it as though he was basically just calling her a weapon to be used, "Well she's no use to us as she is, so might as well try to get SOME use out of her" is basically what he said. Pretty dickish thing to say to be honest. They made it seem like he gives absolutely no fucks about her life. It didn't bother me much(mostly because I am used to it from this show) but I can understand if it bothers others. I didn't completely hate this episode either, I actually kind of enjoyed it for what it was.

I don't get why that part is bad writing? What he said was quite logical. They went threw all the trouble of trying to use her media appearance but they didn't manage their goal so now they can use her in another way to help their chances so they should.
Even if he doesn't give a fuck about her life why is it bad writing? Is it obligatory that he must care about the little blond princesses?
Sep 27, 2014 3:22 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Episode a bit exaggerated but also intense.
Narrative that involves, despite the flaws of logic is not indifferent nature.
Plot mostar that certain glaring shortcomings but also assiduously for the exaggerations, if you are fond of things done well, be prepared to get angry! XD
Drawings, animations, and OST, very good.
These components really save the TV series.
Curious to see how this ends!
Sep 27, 2014 5:44 PM

Jul 2012
I fucking love the use of the music in this show.
Sep 28, 2014 3:55 AM

Dec 2010
Stark700 said:
This moment broke my heart ;(

Nothing less than 5/5 on this episode.

Arcstorm said:
Hmm, they brought up the fact that the Aldnoah drives of Orlane's and Cruhteo's Kats got deactivated because they "died", but it doesn't seem like Slaine or Saazbaum are aware that the Deucalion drive got deactivated but the princess lived...

Makes me think that at least one of those two actually lived since we never see them actually die.
I really hope for this.
Oct 1, 2014 4:01 AM

Jul 2013
damn that annoying brat can drive? anyway I admire her loyalty.

very intense episode.. and that OST kicks ass!
Oct 6, 2014 4:48 PM

Jun 2013
Only one episode left! XD
Oct 12, 2014 1:38 AM

Jan 2013
Ah shit, the ship fell. Is the princess still alive though?

Inaho's calculations aren't flawless I guess, he made a mistake.
Oct 12, 2014 3:24 AM

May 2014
Great episode. Those guys know how to make use of the OST :D
Oct 28, 2014 5:46 AM
May 2012
With all the shit that is happening.......What the fuck are you doing, Slaine??
Well, let's see how this season will end.
Nov 18, 2014 8:12 PM

Apr 2012
"Bullets are attracted to cowardice!
Be confident, and the bullets will run from"
*GETS SHOT*
ROFL
Nov 26, 2014 12:32 PM

Nov 2009
The possibility of Terran survival in the last episode is slim, That landing castle ram was/is a last ditch attempt at doing as much damage as possible to martian numbers.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.