Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Oct 3, 2017 8:39 AM

Aug 2015
The whole episode used DLC as an argument to talk..
Oct 3, 2017 3:45 PM
Aug 2017
Ep 11 was the true ending for me. Ep 12 was more like an OVA (or a DLC if you have seen the ep lol)
Oct 3, 2017 6:48 PM

Jul 2015
wow, this last episode was horrible. still, this did the show did the same as oregairu, dick jerking in different directions to never pick one in the end.. shame 6/10
Oct 4, 2017 1:16 AM
Sep 2010
The unnecessary over-the-top fanservice this episode though... If I wanted to see this kinda stuff I'd watch an ecchi anime instead.

Gamers was a pretty average show, kind of annoying sometimes too. Although the gaming theme was nice, the plot wasn't really my style. I'd be ok with the misunderstandings if it wasn't the same thing every episode ("the person I like seems to like someone else" over and over again). Overall 7/10, but if I considered how enjoyable the series was for me that would be 6/10 at most.
Oct 4, 2017 3:32 PM

Mar 2016
OwO... This episode is full of DLC
Please download the "DLC" to support the author.(Just kidding, no DLC)
1st Part. That was hilarious. That's all
After Intro. The
2nd Part. That bath scene tho... True definition of fanservice and also DLC!
3rd Part. True story Amano...

8/10 Due to misunderstanding this episode.
3.8/5 Because this episode is DLC. (UwU")
9/10 Because of misunderstanding...
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
No Picture Available for me... lol.
Oct 5, 2017 11:31 AM

Oct 2014
Is posible season 2?
Oct 6, 2017 3:04 PM

Jan 2016
That start with Eiichi was very unexpected and hilarious, and I'm surprised they elaborated upon an only-once-mentioned gag with an even better full-fledged parody.
The episode was all that could have been asked for, fanservice, laughs and romance which what Gamers! is all about... oh, and games too, of course. Aguri serves as a good rendition as a non-gamer, surprisingly, and her character is used well to serve as it this episode, utilising her own quirks instead of making her a bland stand-in. Also, no love pentagon this episode, the series ended with all characters that are together... being together!
And I loved the ending, poor Amano...

All in all, Gamers! deserves its explanation mark; it was a great watch, funny and unique spin on the rom-com genre, with the side theme of video games being a great, although debatably underplayed, central thematic that all the characters related to., and you don't even need to know Video Games themselves to laugh at the hilarity as it delves into the wider otaku culture (Gilla formars this episode). As seen my the prologue to this episode, it knows it shouldn't be taken seriously (I'll mention the love pentagon again), and as long as you just enjoy it, you'll have fun.
In terms of an adaptation, I think it did very well. This was based on a light novel, but the settings and especially the visual gags were well-done, which is great for a show with relatively new staff.

So thus, I'd give it a solid ⬟/10. For obvious reasons.
Oct 6, 2017 9:49 PM
Jul 2011
Arunesakki said:
I just wanna say at 1:11 there are 3 guys sitting on butt chairs, that this is a reference from the hit Hindi movie "3 Idiots". I never ever thought theyd make a reference like that or the fact that i caught it

I was going to mention the same thing, since it's so unusual seeing a Bollywood reference in anime. It's worth noting that 3 Idiots is quite well known in East Asia, where a lot of people have watched the movie. So it's a reference that would be known to Asian audiences, but lost on Western audiences.

It doesn't seem the English fan translators got the reference (since 3 Idiots is largely unknown in the West). The Japanese phrase they translated as "It'll work out" is itself a Japanese translation of the English phrase "All is well" used in 3 Idiots. So the correct translation would've been "All is well", but that's something only people who watched the movie would've picked up on.
Jagged_85Oct 6, 2017 10:30 PM
Oct 7, 2017 2:09 AM

Apr 2011
Funny and entertaining show. But the misunderstandings are just too much.

I'm fine with this after, reading the spoilers for the light novel. I prefer ending the anime that way.
Oct 7, 2017 11:56 AM
Aug 2017
I don't get this episode, it did nothing for the general story of the series and this is the final episode, yes it said it was an intermission but honestly? What was the point here?

Just make it an 11 episode series, give it this episode as an OVA in a few weeks time and then the series has a proper ending and everyone will be fine with it.

This series had good episodes and while I started off at a 7 I did up that to an 8, but the misunderstandings are too repetitive and just for a few episodes I'd have liked them to not feature.
Then with that last episode, which should have been an OVA and was a lousy final episode, I've gone back to scoring it at a 7/10
Oct 8, 2017 6:07 AM

Feb 2014
Hands down the worst episode. It's like they made this episode to spite all the people who were complaining about there being not enough talk about games and gaming in a show called Gamers.
The two pronged meta attack during the hot spring scene on both gaming culture and mindless fanservice was pretty funny, though.
And it's always fun to watch the banter between Aguri and Amano (and everyone else getting jealous over it). Probably the best and cutest pair on the show.

Overall, it was a decent show for the most part, but nothing special. The misunderstandings were funny at first, but they quickly got annoying, especially the level of social retardedness of the characters.

Also, there was this too. A Bollywood reference is the last thing I expected to see in an anime.
VhailorOct 8, 2017 1:35 PM
Oct 8, 2017 10:06 AM
Jul 2011
This episode felt more like an OVA epilogue, rather than an ending. However, I found the debate about DLC and micro-transactions to be interesting and quite funny.

In the whole series, eps 1 and 12 are the only ones actually focused on gaming. The other eps, from 2 to 11, had little to do with gaming.
Oct 8, 2017 11:33 AM
May 2014
I haven't had the pleasure of feeling this much suffering since Shakugan no Shana S2. My goodness, the misunderstandings aren't even funny. Go check out Kaguya Wants To Be Confessed To if you want a misunderstanding-based romcom, not this crap which also takes the tropes of gamers to their worst.
Oct 8, 2017 1:35 PM

May 2014
I want more of this...
Oct 8, 2017 4:28 PM

Jun 2016
I don't typically like Harem/Rom-com anime but I found myself oddly attracted to this one because I am a gamer also and it ended up being pretty good. There where a lot of references you would only get if you where a gamer and it was pretty damn funny and left you laughing through most of the episodes.

I really enjoyed the last episode though. It tends to be difficult to explain to someone why you would gladly spend money on a game then go out to eat or to the movies.
Oct 10, 2017 9:30 AM
Feb 2016
Ehh... this episode feels like more closely related to its title where it mostly talks about 'Game' but because it is the last episode I thought there will be something that feels closure or at the very least ties up so that it won't feel way too open yet not so close that 2nd season can just step right in. I feel a bit confused in the opening part. It is quite hilarious but I wonder what the purpose is in giving additional information right at the end of the episode. I had hope that at least the relationship problem between all of them could be solve somewhat but... oh well.. Should there be a 2nd season I'd jump aboard to have it watch.
Oct 10, 2017 11:23 AM

Jun 2009
The title was pretty much a lie.
Oct 10, 2017 11:56 AM
Jan 2015
This show had quite high highs and very low lows so over all I'd give it 5/10
The best episodes had me roaring with laughter but then they made the characters borderline mentaly retarded and that was the only way so they could get the "plot" going. It was just all over the place.
But I enjoyed it. at least parts
Oct 11, 2017 4:25 AM

Sep 2011
I enjoyed the topics of this episode quite a lot, though the onsen fanservice was unnecessary for it. The real ending was the previous episode of course.

I can somewhat understand why people disliked this anime a lot, seeing that the gaming part sometimes felt like a secondary thing, and the whole misunderstandings part probably put off a lot of people. Even I hate love triangles and misunderstandings, but the way this anime dealt with them in such a comical way really made me laugh.

I think it was pretty funny overall, though if I were to cut anything it would be the character of Chiaki. I'm sorry, but I really didn't like her. For me, my favorite was Aguri. I can't really say why, but I just liked her a lot. The poor girl deserves a much better boyfriend than Uehara :'D
I liked the others, and didn't really have any problem with them. Their interactions were often quite funny. The one I especially liked were the scenes between Aguri and Amano, kind of like good friends or siblings.

Overall, I would give the anime an 8/10. It had more potential than it used, but I think it was a lot of fun, since I had good laughs almost throughout it. I hope that there will be a 2nd season sometime in the future.
Oct 11, 2017 9:37 AM
Jul 2014
Kikko002 said:
11 Episode is the last episode, 12 is a DLC

Yes! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought of it. It totally clicked when they kept talking about it during the hot spring scene xP.
The entire episode is a DLC with episode 11 being the actual conclusion. What an artistic way of designing the anime.
Oct 11, 2017 10:26 AM

Sep 2015
Kind of disappointing as far as finales go. Not much has changed. Not much is resolved. There wasn't much of a reason for them to go to that hotel. The discussion on pricing of video games that took up the whole episode was interesting. Also I feel you Amano and Uehara I buy the swimsuit DLC too. But this could have just as easily taken place at the diner or whatever they're always at. This was just a very weak excuse. To do cliche hotel things like the hot spring (god damn they got carried away animating Chiaki's tits) and I dunno room service? Pajamas? It didn't even check off that many boxes really.

Can't say I'm super excited for a second season. Especially after that lackluster ending. I really liked Karen. So in a way I was happy with things staying how they did. But you can't spend SO much of the second half of the series. On Chiaki realizing she likes Amano. And then not do ANYTHING with it. 6/10. Some fun characters, some good jokes, some solid references. But hit or miss animation, stupid and banal relationship hijinks and a complete and utter lack of direction. In anything.
Oct 11, 2017 4:58 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, this episode would be good as ova but not as the last one of the series. Few minutes in I already thought the talk about DLCs was kinda dragged.
Even though I get the parallel about the main story ending in previous episode and that this was only the fillerish DLC story...

Anyway, it seems we could get the second season but without it and without actual closure this was only slightly above average series overall (even though their misunderstandings were great).

6/10 Add one point if we actually get a sequel as there certainly is some potential but we stopped half-way through.
Oct 12, 2017 11:14 AM

Feb 2013
Good show! Nothing amazing, but it was very entertaining.

7/10
Oct 12, 2017 6:43 PM

Aug 2017
What is this?

Doesn't feel like an ending at all, should have ended at ep 11.

Nevertheless for the rest of the show this romcom is pretty unique as it breaks away from the usual romcom cliche (the guy/girl has a crush but is too shy).

Can give this 8/10, don't want to let the ending drag down the score too much.
Oct 12, 2017 11:50 PM

Jul 2011
Perhaps this was an OVA and the real ending was episode 11. But still, it was nice. I like the show and how it actually relates to gamers. It just happens that I discovered gaming once I was out of school but not /while/ I was in it. Maybe I could have reacted like them when I was their age.

Also, the thing about mediocare games turning out to be special? I had those moments to in a bunch of games I played. There was this game called "Nostalgia" on the Nintendo DS. Around the time I played it, I was bummed out because I was stuck in a rat race called job while some of my university classmates are traveling in and out of the country. It was the game that took me to different places.
Oct 13, 2017 8:22 AM

May 2009
Was that the final episode....just so disappointing, not an ounce of closure.
Oct 13, 2017 9:54 AM
May 2017
I think episode 11 was the final episode really. This episode was just trying to do a double joke by being like a DLC of Gamers imo =/

S2 would be required to conclude it. For me I prefer Keita and Chiaki (seems more natural). However truth be told he seems to have the best chemistry with Aguri lol (but would prefer she stays with the other dude). Amano doesnt really spend aload of time with Chiaki or Tendou in truth, and more screen time seems to have been given to his friendship with Aguri, not sure why they did this really.
Oct 13, 2017 9:45 PM
Jun 2016
This was amazing love how they display the relationships
Oct 13, 2017 10:03 PM
Jul 2017
Overall I really liked it. Even though it it felt like a regular episode it talked more about being a gamer than it did in any other previous episode (which is appropriate I guess, with the anime being called Gamers and all :P). Hilarious too! Rooting for a season 2!

(also Chiaki + Amino (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ)
Oct 14, 2017 8:07 AM

Sep 2016
Ironic how this last extra episode mostly discusses dlc. I like it though, being a video game enthusiast myself.

🔥You're looking at someone🔥

🔥Who is superior to you🔥

🔥You have my permission to🔥

🔥Bask in my glow🔥

Oct 18, 2017 1:28 PM

Oct 2013
First couple episode was enjoyable to watch but it turned to be so painful to watch because of all the stupid misunderstanding, and apparently it still not cleared yet from what i saw, and that really bothers me. And guess what, we deserve a fan service after those painful misunderstanding episodes.

The most important thing is there weren't really any kiss scene not one bit in this series. It's all about clearing misunderstanding. The series wasn't that all bad but i wouldn't recommend it to someone, because it's just 'meh' series.

Overall score 5/10
Oct 20, 2017 7:26 PM

May 2012
A good portion of service if you ask me! Didn't directly expect that from this series, nor the amount of references near the end! Pretty fun, but in general the series "ended" already in the last episode for me.

All in all I quite liked this series as it had a very good pacing, some really fun and interesting character development and just a lovely progression of everything! So in general I sure enjoyed marathoning this today!
Oct 26, 2017 10:38 AM

Aug 2015
Their discussion was so relatable at times (especially that part about getting another game instead of the one you asked for...). The fanservice though was a bit too much.

Overall, an enjoyable series provided you don't take it too seriously and just laugh at all those misunderstandings.
Oct 28, 2017 9:37 PM
Jul 2017
I enjoyed this anime, but for real; Wtf was that ending? Im expecting there will be a ses 2?
Kokoro Connect <3
Oct 30, 2017 5:10 AM

Dec 2012
It was a good episode, but the 11th looked more like an end.
The discussion about the DLC was interesting and summary what I think about them. I don't mind DLCs, if they bring something new that I have been waiting for.

Regarding Gamers!, I would have liked to see more progress in their romances, but the story was pretty good. I liked all the references to game and anime. It was a good anime.
Nov 1, 2017 6:26 PM
Sep 2017
This episode actually made me laugh out loud. Not that this show hasn't before, but this episode was just packed with funny personal moments between all the characters. I'd love to see more episodes like these. Minus the very gratuitous and unexpected fanservice in the hot bath scene.
Plus Ultra!
Nov 1, 2017 8:48 PM

Jul 2012
The love drama is frustrating but it's pleasant sometimes. These last two episodes were one of the best ones since loose ties were solved (like the shitty love drama).

This show though...Not much of an ending or story overall. Just kids doing things at school. I want some kind of...climax?

5/10
Nov 5, 2017 12:44 PM

Jun 2013
Well the show pretty much ended in episode 11 while this episode was kind of a boring filler/OVA. But one thing I absolutely dislike in such shows is the fact that they used a female VA for a Male protagonists. And it feels weird when you can tell the difference. Unfortunately it's becoming common in anime.

The show's main theme is based around misunderstandings with games binding all the characters together but there is not much of a story or development. And these misunderstandings are becoming quite redundant and stupid with every episode. I don't even expect this to progress much unless some cheats for real.

In addition, I didn't like how they made Keita and Tendou into a couple so early on instead of keeping things open. It almost makes me bad of Chiaki since I find her affections a little more genuine then Tendou's obsessive infatuation.

Either way I think this show has a fair amount of flaws. 5/10
Nov 7, 2017 6:19 AM

May 2017
I am sad i could not participate on the finish premier... Given to circumnstances mentioned on ep 11 review but oh well here i am; i have not forgotten.

Lol hayate the combat buttler parody.
Gothic loli, me like. Also she reminds me of that master gamer from high-score girl.
Flirty scene reminds me of rosario + vampire.
Aguri playing devil's advocate was cute.
Fanservice.
Too many anime parodies.

All in all this episode felt like a filler. And it didnt show the conclusion of the misunderstandings.
Does this mean there will be a second season or an OVA?

Well, i did predict that the novel could not be covered in 12 episode is.

All in all, the series was enjoyable, for me at least. I would keep reading the novel when available, and see more if they bring a second season. Which should...
Well, good day everyone, until next time.
Nov 18, 2017 2:14 PM

Sep 2010
So this is why this show is called gamers... we finally got some plot about games... up until now it was just a single great game of misunderstandings.

In the end the entire shows comes down to whatever we enjoy the characters that were shown in it and yep I enjoyed them a lot. I am still salty that MC end up with worse girl but hey... to begin with I wouldn't really call this a romance series either but rather a parody instead.

I also like how the story let MC remain MC without massive changes in personality. The first episode felt like every cliche episode about MC joining the club and the story would go from there... but in the first ep MC went "DAGA KOTOWARU" and I was happy to see that all the way till the end he remained at his stance.

The entire show had me laugh so much so often and I liked most characters... sadly though even though I went through twelve episodes, I still have absolutely no idea why MC got together with Tendou. Sure from MC perspective it's rather simply. There is the blond beauty with similar interests saying that she loves him and he accidentally asks her out... GG happy ending, MC was really a normal guy from the get go. The one thing I don't understand though is where did Tendou's love for MC came from? It was way too random and not explained at all and never had proper development either. On the other hand be it Chisaki or Arugi... hell even little sister had better reason for liking MC than main heroine so yea... that was the only thing that dropped the ball for me and because I could never understand her I never liked her much, that in turn makes it even more agniting for that being the main parring.

Well there it is, overall it was enjoyable ride although it's yet again a show that I will watch and forget and occasionally remember when looking at ny anime list.

Nov 22, 2017 1:22 PM
Nov 2017
Overall I liked the show even though it was not what I thought it was going to be. The last episode felt more like a filler and more fan-based. I still enjoyed the episode because it showed them being all together to discuss something.
Nov 25, 2017 12:13 AM

Feb 2010
I really liked this series. I laughed so much and it was super fun to watch. Definitely should have been longer or needs another season. Didn't even seem like an ending. But it was cute. Hope there's more soon!
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Nov 27, 2017 9:28 PM

Sep 2013
Wow, lotsa commentary on the state of the gaming industry. Good episode overall and good series!

8/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 28, 2017 1:21 AM
Jul 2015
HereticHunter said:
well that was quite a disappointing "final episode", it has an interesting gaming setting tho, but pretty much nothing happened (what's with everyone glaring at Amano and Aguri? that's getting old and just proves how distrustful they are with their couples)

that aside, the show was slightly above average. I hope I'm not the only one here that thinks that AmanoxTendou relationships feels out of place or maybe underdeveloped (I also feel that Uehara doesn't even deserve a place on this anime, he just fucking sucks)

Overall 6/10 is what I can give to this show

Uehara is the one carrying this show, as one of the main 2 male leads. His presence is necessary. Besides, he's funny and interesting.

Amano too is interesting, as he knows how to say no when he has to, and has a strong self-identity and passionate hobby in games, so both Amano and Uehara are a million times more interesting male characters compared to most bland and lame MCs from most Harem shows.

This proves that Romcom MCs are written better than most Harem MCs. So If Uehara is not in this show, it won't be Gamers. Amano too. Any of them missing, and this will just become a typical harem show.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Nov 28, 2017 6:07 AM

Feb 2016
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
HereticHunter said:
well that was quite a disappointing "final episode", it has an interesting gaming setting tho, but pretty much nothing happened (what's with everyone glaring at Amano and Aguri? that's getting old and just proves how distrustful they are with their couples)

that aside, the show was slightly above average. I hope I'm not the only one here that thinks that AmanoxTendou relationships feels out of place or maybe underdeveloped (I also feel that Uehara doesn't even deserve a place on this anime, he just fucking sucks)

Overall 6/10 is what I can give to this show

Uehara is the one carrying this show, as one of the main 2 male leads. His presence is necessary. Besides, he's funny and interesting.

Amano too is interesting, as he knows how to say no when he has to, and has a strong self-identity and passionate hobby in games, so both Amano and Uehara are a million times more interesting male characters compared to most bland and lame MCs from most Harem shows.

This proves that Romcom MCs are written better than most Harem MCs. So If Uehara is not in this show, it won't be Gamers. Amano too. Any of them missing, and this will just become a typical harem show.

You are 1 month late

Uehara is a cancer for this anime, Uehara sucks entirely as a character, he is a dick towards his girlfriend and he is overused for the already overused misunderstanding formula this anime has, this anime without Uehara would have been better in many ways. (and that goes for many things that gone wrongly on this anime)

Ugh, I don't know why I'm arguing with someone that only has less than 40 anime on their list
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 29, 2017 9:23 PM
Nov 2017
Very good I like liked it all the turns all the misunderstandings it’s was very interesting haven’t seen and anime like this :)
Dec 2, 2017 7:39 PM

Nov 2009
The best episode of this show is the finale, its a pity most of this show was quite tedious and honestly it had fuck all to do with games. Won't miss this and I would never watch a sequel. 5/10
Dec 7, 2017 2:23 AM

Jan 2012
So we end with an episode that felt kinda fillery in which the gang goes to a hot spring and debates the merits of video games with Aguri for 20 minutes. I almost felt like I just watched 20 minutes of gaming propaganda or something except a lot of that time was taken up by Aguri shitting on games so propaganda may not be the best word. Definitely an odd choice for a finale, but it probably had the most game discussion of any episode...and fanservice. Oh I'm sure Chiaki's tits will be de-steamed for the blu-ray release.:D It was fairly interesting too to hear them comment on things like loot crates with the whole Star Wars fallout EA is currently going through, oddly prescient. That said I'd be lying if I didn't admit I was kinda bored throughout this one. It's hard to maintain interest when a show is just 20 minutes of talking with no action. Or it can be at times anyway. I mean I love SoL shows and they have tons of fantastic episodes that could be described like that so maybe I'm not getting my feelings across as well as I could.

Though it's unfortunate to admit overall I'm gonna say my initial gut-feeling of never wanting to rewatch this series was probably correct. It just centered too much on romantic misunderstandings that became rather tired. The humor derived from these was more often annoying or bewildering than actually funny for me. There were moments and twists sprinkled here and there that worked well, especially in the earlier episodes, but that last stretch was particularly "just okay." I am also kinda disappointed that the members of the game club introduced in the first episode more or less vanished after it, barring a few scattered cameos like whatever the hell the start of the last episode was supposed to be. I expected them to play at least slightly larger parts in the story but that never came to be. So yeah how about a final score? Well I could be nice and give it a 7 but I'm thinking a 6/10 is more deserved to be honest. So I'll stick with that. Disappointing if only for the fact that for a time I was expecting it to be better than it was.

Oh, and for whatever it's worth the end cards were all very nice as was the video game parody-heavy op.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » [Poll] Gamers Romance

Lnlover - Aug 30, 2017

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:19 PM

» Misunderstandings

Shomix - Sep 29, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:18 PM

Poll: » [the usual] BEST GIRL POLL

GangsterCat - Sep 7, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:15 PM

» Do people not understand that this is a parody? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Feb 23, 2023

61 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2017

179 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 6:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.