Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 1 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 14, 2017 10:21 PM

Oct 2016
GenesisAria said:

No, Oni =/= Troll, writer should have studied that one better :C

I thought she said outright (in broken english) that she's a troll. The MC just says he views her as a demon (oni).
Apr 14, 2017 10:22 PM

Jun 2012
If these lolis suffer or die I will kill myself.
Apr 14, 2017 11:47 PM

Dec 2009
Germs_N_Spices said:
GenesisAria said:
No, Oni =/= Troll, writer should have studied that one better :C
I thought she said outright (in broken english) that she's a troll. The MC just says he views her as a demon (oni).
She's an oni, and her character traits reflect it (in the sense of usual anime uses), including things like her hunger to eat people. There's some trait similarities but it doesn't make sense.
I guess her contextual situation is befitting that of a troll, kidnapper, isolated, off in the wilderness (though a lot of these fit oni as well). If you get into details, she doesn't really all that much fit either of them, i could be wrong.
GenesisAriaApr 15, 2017 12:08 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Apr 15, 2017 12:38 AM

Oct 2016
GenesisAria said:
Germs_N_Spices said:
She's an oni, and her character traits reflect it (in the sense of usual anime uses), including things like her hunger to eat people. There's some trait similarities but it doesn't make sense.
I guess her contextual situation is befitting that of a troll, kidnapper, isolated, off in the wilderness (though a lot of these fit oni as well). If you get into details, she doesn't really all that much fit either of them, i could be wrong.

Well, if her appearance does not outright resemble any of them then I suppose it is open to the author's own determination. After all, I don't think leprechauns look like what they're supposed to be either.
Apr 15, 2017 2:20 AM

Jul 2007
GenesisAria said:
Germs_N_Spices said:

Except that the writer outright very clearly calls her a troll and not oni.
She is more of a type of troll akin to the witch from hansel and gretel tale. I guess more common word to use would be trollkona rather than troll. Or a huldra, which is another type of a troll witch that seduces others.

As already explained not all troll myths are the same and not all depictions of trolls are the same. There are plenty of tales and myths about trolls masquerading as humans and tricking unaware humans with hospitality and advice only to bring them misfortune. The very meaning of a world troll comes from norse trolldomr(witchcraft) and swedish trolla(to charm), which comes from the idea that trolls can change their appearance at will to trick those around them.
AhenshihaelApr 15, 2017 2:38 AM
Apr 15, 2017 3:17 AM

May 2016
I was instantly hooked up with this show.

Listening to the soundtrack with my HiFi headphone puts me in a different world – I can't remember when was the last time I feel so immersive in an anime!

Didn't put too much expectation initially but the first episode left me quite an impression. Will definitely follow the show till the end!
Apr 15, 2017 7:04 PM

Jan 2016
DragonSlayer_19 said:
As an LN Reader, I'm satisfied.
Fine pacing and good character interactions. Has a lighthearted vibe, but you can feel the melancholic atmosphere beneath it. Willem's interaction with the Troll are just as I imagined them lol.
The little girls are just as adorable. Pannibal is the best girl after Chtolly (or Kutori).
The opening scene is from volume 3 ending, curious choice they'd go with that. It adds to the non-linearity of the story.
Take care of them well Willem!

Just wondering since you are an Ln reader. Why was the girl calling him pops in the after credits? Nickname or actual father or what?
Apr 16, 2017 12:44 AM

Mar 2016
Gageorama said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:
As an LN Reader, I'm satisfied.
Fine pacing and good character interactions. Has a lighthearted vibe, but you can feel the melancholic atmosphere beneath it. Willem's interaction with the Troll are just as I imagined them lol.
The little girls are just as adorable. Pannibal is the best girl after Chtolly (or Kutori).
The opening scene is from volume 3 ending, curious choice they'd go with that. It adds to the non-linearity of the story.
Take care of them well Willem!

Just wondering since you are an Ln reader. Why was the girl calling him pops in the after credits? Nickname or actual father or what?

He's just a father figure to the rest back at the orphanage, not a real father.
Apr 16, 2017 12:58 AM
Jul 2016
i have a feeling this anime will have a "sad" ending :(
Apr 16, 2017 1:14 AM

Feb 2017
Well a pretty good start. From the start scene, was there even a season 1 and this is season 2? I was completely off at the start scene. But after that scene, the pacing was okay. I could easily follow the story. Waiting for next episode.
Apr 16, 2017 5:46 AM

Nov 2011
Really an interesting show to start with. There are many questions to be answer which is what a first episode should do.

Chtholly was seen in the very beginning killing some people while that craziness on the ship was happening, also who were all those other people that appeared? Especially that red haired chick, she eventually needs to make a return right?

The setting is really cool too. Humanity is basically wiped out and there's just fanged, hairy, and ear'd creatures living in the world now. very Dungeons and Dragons like.

I love the troll already lol.

Willem really interests me, especially with his backstory. Is he actually 500+ years old or is he a reincarnation? I mean he definitely has some kind of power which he proved earlier in the episode when he saved Chtholly.

This episode was too calming after the way it started. There's going to be some bloodshed in this anime...idk if my feels are ready for it.

Also Fox Girl next episode!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 16, 2017 12:05 PM

Oct 2014
Jakubajk said:
Can anyone explain first scene or later it will be explained ?
AOTS ?

This will be explained towards the end of the season based on the pacing compared to the original LN.
Apr 16, 2017 12:50 PM
Jan 2017
I just loved the Troll girl. My waifu of choise
Apr 16, 2017 1:22 PM

May 2016
AsuraDestructor said:
Jakubajk said:
Can anyone explain first scene or later it will be explained ?
AOTS ?

This will be explained towards the end of the season based on the pacing compared to the original LN.
Thanks for explanation mate
Apr 16, 2017 1:30 PM

Oct 2014
Jakubajk said:
AsuraDestructor said:

Thanks for explanation mate

Sorry I can't say anything else. It would be a massive spoiler for one of the series biggest plot twists if I did.
Apr 16, 2017 2:36 PM
Jul 2018
I admit that those childrens are pretty interesting to watch.Overall, I am will keep watching this because of those cute childrens characters!
Apr 16, 2017 3:38 PM

Jan 2016
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Gageorama said:

He's just a father figure to the rest back at the orphanage, not a real father.

Okay thanks. I was looking at it like... he looks like the same age lol
Apr 16, 2017 5:19 PM

Aug 2012
Damn, it's been a while since an anime has instantly captured my attention from just the first minute of the first episode. Fantastic soundtrack, easy introduction for new viewers like myself, minimal info dumping, realistic character interactions, and an unanswered question at the end that leaves me interested in the history of the protagonist and his world. This is what I want to see in fantasy anime.

5/5 Best shit I've seen in years.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Apr 17, 2017 1:03 AM

Mar 2012
starts with furry
but the lolis make up for that
Apr 17, 2017 10:25 AM
Sep 2013
Now this one has high potentials to be shameless harem wish-fulfillment. I'll wait for receptions, if the harem-fag anime community like it than I won't touch it but if they hate it or don't care for it, I'll give it a chance.
Apr 17, 2017 2:15 PM

Apr 2013
MrNTR said:
Now this one has high potentials to be shameless harem wish-fulfillment. I'll wait for receptions, if the harem-fag anime community like it than I won't touch it but if they hate it or don't care for it, I'll give it a chance.

you don't need to wait for that. The original material is a novel series that has already ended. There is no such thing as harem in this story.
Apr 17, 2017 9:11 PM

Feb 2012
I really liked the montage of them searching the city together and the music. Interesting first episode we'll see how this one goes.
Apr 18, 2017 1:13 PM
Mar 2016
I don't get it, in what way were those girls are a weapon, can they used very powerful magic, can they transform into freakish scary monsters or do they hold the key to bring back humanity from extinction?
Apr 18, 2017 3:20 PM

Apr 2013
Whoahoho said:
I don't get it, in what way were those girls are a weapon, can they used very powerful magic, can they transform into freakish scary monsters or do they hold the key to bring back humanity from extinction?

Watch the second episode, the answer is there.
Apr 18, 2017 5:20 PM

May 2008
Why do i get the feeling that the ending part is going to change with less Characters each time the play it?
.....This is not what i sign on for.
...When's the next one.
Apr 18, 2017 7:09 PM

Sep 2015
Saw the description about familial bonding? Sold, rare to see that, a topic that just screams "its good, go watch!"
Combined with a cute grill? sold. Sold all the way.
Now that I watched and heard it play Scarborough fair!?!?! I love hearing this song whenever my dad plays it on his hi-fi. Great song and this got me hook with the whole searching/tourism scene combined with the song.

And I guess his kids died back in the mentioned war in the description. Or rather he was one of the older kids in a orphan that acted like the father of the group. Begs to question why he wouldn't be the older brother than the father role.
He was probably a soldier hence why he hates the military. He also dodged those attacks rather well considering how aggressive that loli was, fast, precise and lack of telegraphing. And based on the description, these new kids will help fill that void. Oh god I can already see the feels coming...
What more can I ask for?

Got to say the kids is as real as anime can portray them. I find the fairly believable. And he sure is skilled in handling them(based on what is revealed about his past)
zcv45Apr 18, 2017 7:40 PM
Apr 18, 2017 9:24 PM

Jun 2015
Definitely caught my interest, especially the OST with Scarborough Fair and all. I've never read the light novel of this, but I've got a pretty good assumption that after watching all of this I'll want to read it.
I think the beginning scene was a scene where the story climaxes, but I guess I won't know for sure. The girl there seemed o look like Chtholly with red hair though.
Apr 18, 2017 10:07 PM

Jul 2014
This had a great first impression on me, the background is beautiful. I love the character designs as well, especially for the blue haired girl. The soundtracks were really top notch too, this might end up as one of the best shows of the season.
Apr 19, 2017 5:07 AM

Apr 2015
the opening scene kinda dark...
really like the art design... the story kinda promising too...
that Pink haired maid is the best... lol

damn, the title is too long
Apr 19, 2017 1:54 PM

Sep 2013
Looks like a feel-trip show...... a beast world with a single human (no sexy catgirls or doggirls?), reminded me of Brynhilder of Darkness. The MC sure is dependable with some sad backstory, I guess. Looking forward to more eps.
Apr 19, 2017 7:32 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode.I enjoyed it a lot but i can already see the feels :/
I wonder how/why the humanity was destroyed.
Please i hope this won't have many feels xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 20, 2017 2:42 PM

Feb 2008
That interpretation of Scarborough Fair was beautiful.

The premise is definitely intriguing, the introductory and post-credits scenes felt really sinister. Fantasy shows don't tend to be my cup of tea, however, I'll take my chances with this one. If for nothing else then for the voluptuous troll and the blue-haired girl.
Apr 22, 2017 9:35 AM

May 2014
This is amazing 10/10 when that song started playing I was just like YES.

I feel this may be a feels trip though....
Minori Kushieda Forever <3

Apr 22, 2017 5:39 PM
Nov 2012
I like how the show summary gives away half the show /zz
Apr 24, 2017 3:51 AM
Mar 2012
Another furries town with mc's meet by falling, also racism theme already, but different atmosphere from Zero. Felt like witch & black cat with that hat.
Early osts amazing, lots better than ed.
Simpler art but nice anim.
Story editing (flash forward & wut 500yr flashback) & characters very interesting. So mc somehow very old human.
Troll is troll. The lolis are like yuruyuri smurfs. That Pannibal fight.
Oh they didn't share their names during the 'date'.
Apr 24, 2017 5:44 AM

Jan 2016
is the blue hair and red hair girl the same person?
Apr 26, 2017 2:37 AM

Jan 2014
Really disliked the beginning like who cares? Its like spoiling the future for me, not necessarily bad story but, total sadist and evil.

Who cares if red hair blue hair loves black hair, interaction probably zero, playing around sometimes and muh scarborough fair...

Seriously Im angered, the story would be more bearable without bad prolouge.
Apr 26, 2017 5:58 AM
Jul 2016
opening scene is the best scene i have seen this season. so much foreshadowing...
Apr 26, 2017 6:14 PM

Feb 2013
Mixed. Some was very good, some was meh. Better than expected at least.

I did like the start, and the opening song parts. After that, meh.
May 4, 2017 10:16 AM

Jul 2009
Looking forward to see more, so all the kids are weapons...
May 12, 2017 8:06 AM

Dec 2014
Collon is the best.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2017 11:38 AM
Jul 2015
where are can read the novel or manga?
May 23, 2017 9:08 PM

Dec 2015
im familiar with the song so the moment i heard the song , i instantly realize this is scarborough fair
May 25, 2017 5:19 AM

Aug 2014
Scarborough fair huh..
I guess its time to feel trip..

and that Prologue though...
Jun 27, 2017 12:43 PM

May 2012
Interesting start with a very interesting atmosphere and setting! Really looking forward to see what this anime has to offer in terms of story! Let's see what's next.
Jul 3, 2017 6:01 PM

Nov 2014
The combination of intro narration and touching soundtrack is really greeaaat !!

Aug 2, 2017 12:18 PM

Mar 2016
been trying tuh find good anime tuh watch..looks like i found one!

the music gave me that RPG feel/strolling through the nights in Oblivion/Skyrim!

nygglatho \( ̄▽ ̄)/
Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub
Aug 5, 2017 9:57 AM

Aug 2012
-that feel when the twitch copypasta actually didn't spoil anything pretty much since it's literally the first scene of the show
-also this looks nothing like i expected it to be
-somehow this OP also fits the atmosphere of the first episode pretty well
-speaking of which, i'm quite liking the whole jrpg vibe
-that feel when no snacks- oops wrong website
-alright it was kinda weird when i was skimming the MAL page but literally nani the fuck are these names
-this banter between willem and... nyarlathotep, was it? is going pretty fast
-alright nyaruko or whatever the fuck has a pretty annoying voice after a while
-oh she's... an actual troll, i dunno what i expected
-purple hair's easily the best of the bunch so far, i think her name was pepto bismol or something
-so yellow hair's name is *sneeze*, pink hair's is small intestine, and green hair's name is bmw
-yeah i dunno why but pepto bismol's still easily the best of them
-but like seriously what the fuck are these names
-is blue hair's name actually cthulu
-somehow, there's like, a certain whimsy in pretty much all of the dialogue in this episode
-given the twitch chat reaction to this show, that little flashback at the end becomes super ominous
-but like that's exactly the kind of promise that raises death flags
-when i was listening to the ED earlier it seemed pretty nice, but the short version just doesn't sound as good.

Your everyday, average Joe meets two spawn of Lovecraft, an anti-diarrheal medication, an organ treated by said medication, a car brand, and the onomatopoeia of a sneeze. Probably one of those classifications is actually true given the flash forward before the title card. The absurdity of the names probably added to the general JRPG feel that I got from the first episode, so I guess I'll just have to learn to get used to them. The dialogue is actually pretty lively, but it got kinda fast when Nyarlathotep was speaking. Other than Nyancat, the episode was pretty enjoyable from an atmospheric perspective, but pretty much nothing has happened so far other than introductory material.
Aug 11, 2017 12:11 PM

Dec 2016
So far I really like the world, the art, and especially my main man Willem! This show seems interesting and will probably be a quick watch!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 20, 2017 1:56 AM

Apr 2015
Terrible title but a good reputation. Looks pretty too

Interested in how many of them would be killed. I'm being conservative and saying 90%
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

460 by -ODA- »»
Apr 26, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

148 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

144 by toralbabs »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

130 by toralbabs »»
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.