Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Nov 2, 2015 5:40 AM

Oct 2013
Awww so cute. I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of action because that has been the best part of the series, but this episode made up for it by being really genuine and heartwarming. Ikki and Stella's relationship is very... organic. The entire scene at the pool felt natural and real. I'm glad the romance is being developed. I like how Stella got briefly caught in the world of otome games, too.

But man wtf is the point of the imouto having a thing for Ikki? I'm pretty sure a love triangle between Ikki, Stella, and his little sister won't be believable.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 2, 2015 5:45 AM

Oct 2015
Zadion said:
But man wtf is the point of the imouto having a thing for Ikki? I'm pretty sure a love triangle between Ikki, Stella, and his little sister won't be believable.

I honestly can't put my finger on whether Shizuku is being affectionate towards Ikki because she's trying to compensate for their family's mistreatment of him or because she actually loves him romantically. I hope it's more of the former and not the latter.
Nov 2, 2015 5:47 AM

Jun 2015
TripleSRank said:
In general-- and just because it's not on some insane level like what happens with a show like One Punch Man or Attack on Titan doesn't mean there wasn't any. On MAL (which is the main place that counts since we're discussing on MAL), there was good amount of praise for the series in preview threads, threads discussing upcoming series, seasonal threads, etc.

Edit: On another note, as someone who can relate to being annoyed with OPM's overhype, it is at bare minimum worth watching for the animation eye candy (if you're into that sort of thing). The comedy is hit or miss, and it's just now developing a bit of a plot, but it's nice enough so far.

Praise in the episode specific series threads and talking bout shows you're looking forward to in Seasonal threads really isn't "hype". OPM was "hyped" because you read about it fucking everywhere, even in completely unrelated threads, to the point where it was nauseating. That being said, people are allowed to have negative opinions of the show, and I don't know why some people in this thread are so worked up over it. Sometimes people don't like the same things, who cares? Ignore those posts and discuss with people of like-mind ;P

I do think that some people are artificially lowering their scores of Rakudai out of spite, but that happens with lots of shows, and people raise their scores out of spite for those people, so it kind of evens out. I try to be as objective in my reviews as I can though, and I have a whole scoring framework for how I do it. Really wish MAL scores had one decimal place though >.<

I was considering trying OPM 'cause of Arkada's first impression video of it, but we'll see. It just doesn't seem like my kind of show.

BLKWarGreymon said:
drkurochan said:
Generally speaking (manga, movie, music, at work...), the problem is not the criticism. People like Anarchi4 who say they don't like this show because they don't like harem at all, or the show would be better if... and so on, have the rights to express their thoughts. Sometimes they are wrong because they don't understand a point, sometimes they are right because of some defaults the show has which could be minor for a fan. The most important is they don't insult anybody.

I remember Anarchi4 got called out for adjusting his scores based on what other people scored Rakudai in the Episode 4 thread, which is extremely disingenuous.

That was me bringing it up, but you don't have it entirely right. It was more than he wasn't rating individual components of the show on their own merits, he was artificially lowering them just because he disliked the show overall. So on a scale of 1-10, he would say the art is maybe an 8 or 9 or something like that, but he actually rates the art/animation a like 5 or 6 out of 10 because, and I'm paraphrasing him, he doesn't think a poor show deserves that high of a score. That's a very unscientific and subjective way of trying to measure/score a show. If you're trying to just assign an overall score to something without a serious review, then fine, do that, but if you're doing a comprehensive review, do it properly and as objectively as possible. He did a review, so he should really hold it to higher standards, as should the people over-inflating their scores.

Now, I mean, most people have bias to some extent, but most people trying to maintain credibility wont artificially adjust component scores so obviously and out-right declare it, as it means one has no integrity or ability to be objective.

That being said, it does seem an awful lot like he's intentionally giving it a lower score out of spite for the higher scores and praise of the show. He calls it average, meaning a 5/10, but rates it way lower. Either that or he just has a fucked ass binary rating scale O.o
Nov 2, 2015 5:52 AM

Oct 2014
JudeMaxwell said:
I think they will just adapt vol.3 first and then vol.2, better if u ask me, besides, going for vol.3 first means the ''rain'' scene will come sooner so why complain

Probably not. The Opening shows Ikki vs Kuraudo (while in earlier episodes it was Ikki vs Kirihara), what you say won't happen.
Nov 2, 2015 5:55 AM

Oct 2015
RealityRush said:
BLKWarGreymon said:

I remember Anarchi4 got called out for adjusting his scores based on what other people scored Rakudai in the Episode 4 thread, which is extremely disingenuous.

That was me bringing it up, but you don't have it entirely right. It was more than he wasn't rating individual components of the show on their own merits, he was artificially lowering them just because he disliked the show overall. So on a scale of 1-10, he would say the art is maybe an 8 or 9 or something like that, but he actually rates the art/animation a like 5 or 6 out of 10 because, and I'm paraphrasing him, he doesn't think a poor show deserves that high of a score. That's a very unscientific and subjective way of trying to measure/score a show. If you're trying to just assign an overall score to something without a serious review, then fine, do that, but if you're doing a comprehensive review, do it properly and as objectively as possible. He did a review, so he should really hold it to higher standards, as should the people over-inflating their scores.

Now, I mean, most people have bias to some extent, but most people trying to maintain credibility wont artificially adjust component scores so obviously and out-right declare it, as it means one has no integrity or ability to be objective.

That being said, it does seem an awful lot like he's intentionally giving it a lower score out of spite for the higher scores and praise of the show. He calls it average, meaning a 5/10, but rates it way lower. Either that or he just has a fucked ass binary rating scale O.o

Ah, I apologize for getting the situation wrong and from what you described, yeesh... Assigning scores based on preconceptions instead of merit is a very dishonest practice.

As for your concluding sentence, always remember this :D
Nov 2, 2015 6:25 AM

Sep 2013
So it was time for the pool episode
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Nov 2, 2015 6:46 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Not much to say about the episode, but the pool scene between Ikki and Stella was really good.
Nov 2, 2015 7:27 AM
Apr 2015
To the people who read the manga or novel don't you think that so far Silver Link has been kind of making the show a bit lighter and softer?

For example in this episode we had that rapidly growing "fanclub" that mc had going on compared to the manga where i got the impression he was still being shunned by most people despite his victory. Which was kind of confirmed by Alice words telling Stella how some people still wouldn't accept/acknowledge the mc because the whole F-rank thing that's still going on.
Nov 2, 2015 7:47 AM

Jul 2007
frenze12 said:
To the people who read the manga or novel don't you think that so far Silver Link has been kind of making the show a bit lighter and softer?

For example in this episode we had that rapidly growing "fanclub" that mc had going on compared to the manga where i got the impression he was still being shunned by most people despite his victory. Which was kind of confirmed by Alice words telling Stella how some people still wouldn't accept/acknowledge the mc because the whole F-rank thing that's still going on.

He is still being shunned.
A ten or so people thinking he is cool is nowhere near equal to a whole fucking arena chanting Worst One to make fun out of him.

If anything it makes sense and shows the impact his win had. IT is not changing everything but it at least makes weaker people look up to him as an example.
Nov 2, 2015 8:33 AM

Sep 2014
This was a pretty good episode. While I did think the kiss scene was great I still feel that it had more potential. Very satisfied though ^^

Looking forward to see the fights with the student council!
Nov 2, 2015 2:35 PM
Mar 2014
Shir0zen said:
This was a pretty good episode. While I did think the kiss scene was great I still feel that it had more potential. Very satisfied though ^^

Looking forward to see the fights with the student council!

Agreed :D
Nov 2, 2015 4:24 PM

Dec 2013
Last episode I was like "finally a couple that really know what they want". Of course, 2 weeks and they did nothing. Reality hits you hard, bro.
Nov 3, 2015 12:00 PM

Mar 2011
Touching moment in the pool. Glad to see Ikki and Stella formally acknowledge what they want out of each other. Kinda confused about Shizuka's feelings for her brother. Shizuka still displays affectionate actions towards Ikki, and not in a sisterly way. Not sure if she just wants to be more of a good sister for him or...a lover? And the conversation between Shizuka and Alice just confused me even more about her feelings. I just hope Shizuka's intentions doesn't intervened with Ikki/Stella's growing relationship at this rate.
Nov 3, 2015 2:35 PM

Aug 2012
kurikinton said:
it was so cheesy I didn't liked it :3

Again with the generic bad guys.

2 weeks in the same room with the girl your with and nothing happens. Anime logic.
Nov 3, 2015 4:44 PM
Feb 2015
Necromia said:
kurikinton said:
it was so cheesy I didn't liked it :3

Again with the generic bad guys.

2 weeks in the same room with the girl your with and nothing happens. Anime logic.

Well it's understandable for Ikki. Ikki has been shunned by most his entire life, he probably doesn't know how to interact with those he love. Stella was worried that Ikki will hate her or think she's a perverted girl, clearly Stella doesn't understand men.
Nov 3, 2015 9:21 PM

Jul 2015
lol this pacing goes so fast, it feels like they could've just avoided this whole training regime and just introduced who the new opponents are. Anyway, why aren't they sleeping on the same bed yet?
Nov 3, 2015 10:21 PM

Mar 2012
Volume 4 translation proceding smoothly.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 4, 2015 8:42 AM

Mar 2012
HAHA...What i like about this series is that it is breaking a lot of the cliches that u would normally see in these type of series..thus making it more original...trust me that is really hard to do these days with so many anime being released that have a similiar plot....this year along we had 2 for every season released.

OH MY GOD i just fking realized 5 episodes in that the ending theme is by ALI Project mt favorite Japanese band..i havent heard of them uisng any new soundtrack intro or ending since Rozen MAiden: Zurckspulen 2 years ago...Welcome back....This show got even more better.
Nov 5, 2015 4:53 AM

Dec 2012
Touching moment for the couple. Another good episode ;)
Nov 5, 2015 9:31 AM

May 2013
Is it me or they rearranged the series of events, not that it affects anything significant but.... well putting that aside.

FINALLY! I was waiting for the pool scene to happen they're so perfect and that kiss, I really liked the series because Ikki is not DENSE and Stella is not the hardcore TSUNDERE type. Really one of my favorites this season. Cant wait for the next battle Ikki is up against.
Tch.
Nov 8, 2015 7:59 PM
Nov 2010
Hmm this seems to pgoressing pretty quickly. They already fought and made up in the same episode! xD Ah well at least now they're being honest with each other <3 Kinda wondering where they're gonna take this.

That part where Stella got caught in the game was hilarious =3
Nov 9, 2015 8:54 PM

Oct 2008
First official kiss of both Ikki x Stella/
Dat damn rant of both! exchanging words of complaint just because of insecurities of both...oh young'uns!
Both of them thinking they would hate their partners of they're lewd...and now that's been eliminated and confirmed how long would they fuck like rabbits?
Annoying Journalist is annoying.
5/5.

Nov 10, 2015 8:14 AM

Feb 2012
Really good episode! The argument under waterfall was a good scene and gave a good push to the character development.

5/5
Nov 11, 2015 10:14 PM

Nov 2012
I was worried nothing was going to happen this episode.
Nov 21, 2015 1:45 PM

Feb 2013
Stella was pretty annoying this episode... looked nice with her hair down though.

Caught a glimpse of the next girl to join the harem...
Nov 23, 2015 4:55 PM

Aug 2013
After all that sex stuff, they better fuck silly by the end of the season, or I'll be deceived.

At first, I thought those five guys were total jerks, but they are freaking hilarious in the end. They became his fangirls.

Gosh, please Alice, don't encourage incest... She'll end at a psychologist office by the end of the show if you continue like that.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 26, 2015 7:44 AM

Nov 2011
Episode more focused on social life and on that love of the characters on that concerning the tournament. The end is not very engaging narrative, but good news is that the bonds and the growth of the characters, are benefiting. Not bad drawings, catchy soundtrack. Good End-card.
Dec 3, 2015 11:04 PM

May 2010
Ikki is too cool. Stella is too cute. End of story.
Dec 3, 2015 11:44 PM

Dec 2012
When he was training those people, It looked as if he tried to make a fire nation army!

Dec 4, 2015 11:47 AM
Apr 2013
Antanaru said:
Wow shit... So the removed kickass fight in the classroom scene from the beginning ended up here being turned into something lame. What the hell was the point of that teaching scene, game and all that filler crap later going on and on?

Wait... They just took parts from the Ayatsuji arc and mixed them with fillers. What the fuck Silver Link, you're starting to resemble mal staff. You take something decent and turn it into shit just to change things around...

Well, since you're talking like that, I'll assume you read the novels, or at the very least, the manga.

In any case, those 'fillers' will come around later on once we reach volume 3, when things get complicated.(If you're an LN reader, you know what I mean. If you're a manga reader, just wait for it.)
Dec 4, 2015 12:07 PM
Apr 2013
DarklordVor said:
I'm not sure if I'm going to drop this... but I might be next episode.

The romance is too fast paced for me. So they're like "hey I just met you, and this is crazy, so be my lover!" There is not even a single development for them in the series, other than the master-servant relationship and suddenly she loves Ikki after the last battle? Okay... maybe this kind of romance anime doesn't fit me well.

However, Alice is the best character. Not only a wingman, but funny guy too. In the other hand, Shizuku is the best girl.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Stella became Ikki's roommate at least a month before the school year started, if I remember the LN and manga right. It's a pretty long time to get to know each other.
Dec 19, 2015 6:47 AM

May 2014
Now I realise that the anime adapts the LN in a different way than the manga. For instance the kiss at the pool happens in a different context... and looks better =_=

Though it doesn't change the fact that the anime is freaking amazing.
Dec 21, 2015 3:28 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
.. beeb ages where I see Anime couple form at the start of series. Was sweet episode :) Kiss scene gud.
Dec 24, 2015 6:15 AM

Jun 2013
this anime feels more like a parody of the harem battle shits that are plaguing everything in sight.
Dec 27, 2015 4:20 PM

May 2012
Nice pool episode and that kiss sure was lovely :3
Dec 28, 2015 12:51 PM

Dec 2015
A couple fight?! You don't see that often. :)
That ending looks a bit ominous though.
Jan 8, 2016 6:24 AM

Jul 2010
Less action more about their growing relationship in this ep. I loved that they kissed :D
Jan 8, 2016 12:28 PM

Feb 2010
So much.. directness.. whats happening o_O

Jan 18, 2016 12:08 PM

Aug 2013
A little break from the battles.
Pool episode.. cute swimsuits.. they are an awkward couple.
Hahahaha gosh such romantic landscape for their kiss.
Jan 24, 2016 2:24 AM
Dec 2012
I was going to give this series below than 4 if the kiss scene on the pool was disrupted but Holy Sh*t I don't believe my eyes! How is that supposed to happen??? That thing will never ever happen in this type of anime... I fangirled so hard when that scene happened!
Feb 7, 2016 6:32 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Drama oh the drama. There's nothing wrong with a girl being pushy.

Ikki going all boss mode when the guys ganged up on him. lol
The guy with the gun thinking he was going to see Ikki drop blood.

New character that is mysterious, wonder what her role will be. The ending was interesting, little guy facing Ikki, seems like he has punching skills, and tall guy facing Stella.

Feb 14, 2016 3:31 AM

Sep 2012
It was hilarious when Stella played the game. The face she made. It's great to know they are strengthening their relationship now.
Feb 29, 2016 6:56 AM
Aug 2013
I was so ready for that the kiss-scene is going to be ruined, but it wasn't :D
-Let the fire of our hearts rage through the heavens
Mar 20, 2016 3:24 AM

Jan 2016
I Love this episode,!! had a blast watching the fight they had, so cute (or wha ever 😂) and so fun because of what they were arguing about 😂and with all the training lessons?! Holy liver diamond gun i had a fun time watching this 😂 <3
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Apr 12, 2016 12:57 PM

Mar 2016
That was a great episode. That ending was very interesting plus stella finally got her kiss.
May 28, 2016 12:31 AM

Apr 2013
Well shit, it all worked out in the end.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jul 8, 2016 1:24 PM

Feb 2014
New learning: a girl ask for a kiss = to be perverted

And by the way... wow... they're already dating? That was really, really fast...
That was too fast, too fast for my taste. I even didn't have the feel of them getting together so far, I mean, they were sure having interaction, but it wasn't enough to them to be dating so fast as if they knew each other for a longer time. Could have waited more, it seemed like: opposite types and/or past story = love + date

Ah, whatever, no incest then?!

Dropped.
TechOtakuJul 8, 2016 1:55 PM
Aug 28, 2016 4:29 PM

Sep 2011
That was extremely hard to watch... but I watched it anyways and will continue to do so...
Sep 10, 2016 7:38 PM

Jul 2013
That argument scene was so cheesy it became cringey.
Sep 25, 2016 4:21 AM

Apr 2013
So far the fast romance is the only that that's keeping this one from being completely generic. Well I guess that's at least something.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

482 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 4, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

341 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 4, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

210 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 3, 11:20 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

224 by almightybismarck »»
Jul 27, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

191 by almightybismarck »»
Jul 26, 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.