Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Sep 24, 2015 11:44 PM

Oct 2011
Was hoping Shaltear would snapped out of the control when she got ressurected by Perriocinno's item.
Sep 25, 2015 12:52 AM
Oct 2011
AnimeFan500 said:
Was hoping Shaltear would snapped out of the control when she got ressurected by Perriocinno's item.
Yea the MC was that strong,and the effect of Shalltears item being Insta Rez didn't help as well.Ainz plans to completely annihilate and then "recreate" her from scratch.
Sep 25, 2015 1:28 AM

Dec 2013
mangamuscle said:
robis798 said:

This just in, sales = quality of a show. Wow.

Stop being dumb.

You forgot to lift your pinky finger and exhale smoke while saying so. In layman terms, in you opinion fans in japan are dumb and therefore they are throwing their money into Overlord, which in your opinion is a lackluster adaption aka low quality.

You could not be farther from the truth.

?????
Sep 25, 2015 4:26 AM

Jun 2010
Once again a solid episode and faithful adaption.

I was wondering if they'd skip the mother of all buffings... glad they didn't... XD

Shalltear finally wears here valkyrie armor, don't know why many here don't like the look? I think it looks totally baddass and reminds me of some old school final fantasy dragoon armor.

Fight scenes are pretty much on par with what I've read as well, though it seemed a little more epic when reading it. Still tops as a pretty awesome fight scene though it seems much slower pace than it seemed more fast paced/frantic in the LN.

Overall sadly looking forward to the final episode... because I don't want it to end. :(

Sep 25, 2015 5:30 AM

Jul 2014
Nabechan said:
Once again a solid episode and faithful adaption.

Kek.

Robis please keep in mind I'm not 'hating' on Madhouse or anything. I'm just pointing out facts about this specific adaptation.
YehartSep 25, 2015 6:14 AM
"Hi!"
Sep 25, 2015 5:38 AM

Sep 2014
It has been said many times this season.
But this episode was way to short. It has gone by in a flash :o

PS: every studio needs some haters. Otherwise they wouldnt get better.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 25, 2015 7:27 AM

May 2015
Too many buffs LOL that final skill though I wish this had a better budget more action like UBW.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2015 9:11 AM

Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:
YEEART said:

Are you sure?

Look at how Passione treated Rokka.

Now look at this.

Now look back at how Passione treated Rokka.

Madhouse attemoted (and failed) to attempt a whole volume in 3 episodes. Wat?

Rokka whose sales didn't increase all that much according to the latest figures? Bad choice for an example

So... because of sales... you could say that Wakaba were better? Or Monster musume? kek
Quality =/= sales.

It's pretty silly comparing two anime.

Just for example: Monster musume sold 5000 DVD/BD, while Rokka's 500. And what are you trying to argue with that info?
Try harder next time :^)

It's the same for League of plebs vs. Dota.
Dota being hardcore, kids prefer to play LoL since it's more casual-friendly.
Sep 25, 2015 11:14 AM

Aug 2014
Pretty nice episode, the ending makes it seem like Ainz got something up his sleeves. Can't wait to see how it all ends.
Sep 25, 2015 9:14 PM

Jul 2008
I don't understand most of the skills and magic used between Shalltear and Ains which made the battle average. They really can't show battles like these too often especially if a second season is announced. I like Shalltear's armor in this episode though, wished she used that last time.
Sep 25, 2015 11:39 PM

Apr 2012
I love the use of many magic spells. Usage of different elements and artifacts shows Momon's flexibility, something that you wouldn't expect from a person who specializes in necromancy. I'm surprised there isn't a spell that blocks regeneration, or powerful disables that are beyond snaring - slow, silence, stun, daze, confusion, fear, etc. At least there's the banshee scream. The many debuffs one can apply to an enemy are more powerful than the regular elemental nukes, and combined they can finish a fight very easily. Debuff traps, perhaps? Damage return to negate the healing? Kinda disappointed me that he couldn't summon undead - which shouldn't have any life essence to give Shalltear(but I guess in this world health really is measured in HP, at least up to a limit).

I do remember spamming buffs in many MMORPGs. You had to do that before you fight a boss. Honestly, it would be smarter to cast those buffs in the forest, as it seems their duration is pretty long(surviving the whole fight).

This scene was pretty powerful.

Maybe I just love clockwork. He could activate it while she was idling, and since it's a delayed spell, it probably wouldn't trigger her aggressiveness. Or at the very least it would be super easy to execute because the mines would blow her back. But Momon does not wish to expend his most powerful abilities if he can... nor does he want to wipe out his subordinate... oh well.

俺とお前との違いが何だ?!
Sep 26, 2015 1:02 AM

Dec 2012
This show needs a second season. Ainz is so badass, I like watch him fighting. Shalltear is really powerful, she can regenerate her health, summons some monsters, cast spells. Ainz is weak against her attacks but he continues to fight. His last spell with the clock was amazing. When he said : "This is the end" and the ending started I was stunned.
Sep 26, 2015 2:07 AM

Apr 2008
MoonJump said:
I love the use of many magic spells. Usage of different elements and artifacts shows Momon's flexibility, something that you wouldn't expect from a person who specializes in necromancy. I'm surprised there isn't a spell that blocks regeneration, or powerful disables that are beyond snaring - slow, silence, stun, daze, confusion, fear, etc. At least there's the banshee scream. The many debuffs one can apply to an enemy are more powerful than the regular elemental nukes, and combined they can finish a fight very easily. Debuff traps, perhaps? Damage return to negate the healing? Kinda disappointed me that he couldn't summon undead - which shouldn't have any life essence to give Shalltear(but I guess in this world health really is measured in HP, at least up to a limit).

I do remember spamming buffs in many MMORPGs. You had to do that before you fight a boss. Honestly, it would be smarter to cast those buffs in the forest, as it seems their duration is pretty long(surviving the whole fight).

This scene was pretty powerful.

Maybe I just love clockwork. He could activate it while she was idling, and since it's a delayed spell, it probably wouldn't trigger her aggressiveness. Or at the very least it would be super easy to execute because the mines would blow her back. But Momon does not wish to expend his most powerful abilities if he can... nor does he want to wipe out his subordinate... oh well.

I think you didn't understand the true use of the Lance. It does not take health from a target. It converts the damage done to a target into health for the wielder. SO it doesn't matter if the target has life essence or not. If damage is done, that damage is turned to health. THat's why she healed when she bashed Ainz aside even though he was an undead too with no life essence as you put it.
Darklight0303Sep 26, 2015 2:12 AM
Sep 26, 2015 4:01 AM

Jul 2011
zurgboy00 said:
Too many buffs LOL that final skill though I wish this had a better budget more action like UBW.
Imagine if he was a support cleric class, even more buffs! xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2015 12:34 PM

Apr 2012
Darklight0303 said:

I think you didn't understand the true use of the Lance. It does not take health from a target. It converts the damage done to a target into health for the wielder. SO it doesn't matter if the target has life essence or not. If damage is done, that damage is turned to health. THat's why she healed when she bashed Ainz aside even though he was an undead too with no life essence as you put it.

Yeah, you're correct. I forgot its true use. I guess divine weapons don't settle for the regular old lifesteal.

俺とお前との違いが何だ?!
Sep 27, 2015 9:54 PM
Jan 2014
Gov said:
Very lame when you think about how we know what a majority of these due. Would it kill them to explain what some of these are? All they did was just name out a bunch of spells and a shiny new colour glow on the character. Terrible.

I don't quite understand. If you already have a sense of what each of the buffs/skills do, why bother explaining it? You want to be spoon-fed with information you already know?

Takuan_Soho said:
Darklight0303 said:
How do you illustrate AIR dying?

The air turns slightly opaque, from clear to a tint of yellow, and dust materializes in the air and falls to the ground.

As much as I applaud your imagination, that would only make sense if it wasn't air.
Sep 28, 2015 11:55 AM

Aug 2010
That ending omg I thought the last episode is already out, turns out it'll only be out today! OTL

I hope Shalltear will return to Nazarick with Ainz...
Sep 28, 2015 1:21 PM

Jul 2009
blue-y said:
Don't forget his wand of resurrection that he didn't use on the villagers...
The real question isn't whether she'll return...
(not sure if these would be a spoiler so to be safe:)
Sep 28, 2015 3:49 PM
Jun 2015
I loved all those engrish spells though lool
Sep 28, 2015 9:44 PM

Jul 2011
kyled00m said:
blue-y said:

i don't think she will, remember the she already died and resurrected after the GLD, and her mind control state didn't change, at all.
Sep 28, 2015 10:23 PM

Jul 2009
kataklism said:
kyled00m said:

i don't think she will, remember the she already died and resurrected after the GLD, and her mind control state didn't change, at all.
No? The item that revived Shalltear was an item that probably locks the soul inside the body so when you die, it triggers a revival that doesn't need to call your soul back to your body like normal resurrection magic would do. Likewise, a guild-resurrection system would be like games where guilds have territories with buildings. When a building is damage, the guild would pay a fee to repair the building.

Furthermore, we do not know if the white light/being is still attached to Shalltear. We have not seen her consciousness since the beginning of the battle. She could be just locked into You attacked me so I NEED to try and kill you NPC-mode.
Sep 29, 2015 7:34 AM

Feb 2014
Random spell after random spell, not exactly the most thought out fights.
Sep 29, 2015 9:45 AM

Jul 2009
eXtacy67 said:
That's a bad assessment. Ainz is quite the intuitive person and from the ED credits, he thought the fight out completely. From this, I can argue without a fragment of doubt that he has far more buff spells as well as offensive spells in his arsenal and he only used the ones that would be most effective to fight and/or counter Shalltear. Put simply, not a single spell was chosen randomly.

Furthermore, during the ED credits:
Momonga: "Well, that I'm at a disadvantage and that I'm weak without my MP..."
Momonga: "I'm grateful you thought that way and fought me without holding anything back, Shalltear."
Shalltear: *Shocked face*
Momonga: "If you had fought cautiously, I wouldn't have been able to execute everything this well."
From this exchange, we can be certain that he planned the fight. He may have been surprised about the skills he didn't know of, but they didn't hamper his plan.
Sep 29, 2015 9:46 AM

Apr 2008
kyled00m said:
eXtacy67 said:
That's a bad assessment. Ainz is quite the intuitive person and from the ED credits, he thought the fight out completely. From this, I can argue without a fragment of doubt that he has far more buff spells as well as offensive spells in his arsenal and he only used the ones that would be most effective to fight and/or counter Shalltear. Put simply, not a single spell was chosen randomly.

Furthermore, during the ED credits:
Momonga: "Well, that I'm at a disadvantage and that I'm weak without my MP..."
Momonga: "I'm grateful you thought that way and fought me without holding anything back, Shalltear."
Shalltear: *Shocked face*
Momonga: "If you had fought cautiously, I wouldn't have been able to execute everything this well."
From this exchange, we can be certain that he planned the fight. He may have been surprised about the skills he didn't know of, but they didn't hamper his plan.

He has over 700 spells in his arsenal
Sep 30, 2015 11:48 PM

Jun 2013
He summoned a sharknado...
Oct 2, 2015 8:14 PM

Feb 2014
lol Lord Ains sure has a lot of skills and spells

Cool battle. They totally destroyed the area haha

And man Shalltear really is dirty for summoning units then killing them for hp xD
Oct 6, 2015 12:58 PM

Jan 2014
That was cool :D
Oct 6, 2015 1:42 PM

Oct 2013
Well, this was... kind of anti-climatic. I expected their fight to be cooler, I guess.

HaXXspetten said:
This kind of fighting should stay in video games lol

Without proper explanations for what every skill or spell is doing effect-wise it just comes across as random and awkward

Also this, kind of, but that isn't the main problem. The main problem is that it somewhat lacked flair I suppose. I dunno. Wasn't awful or even bad, but I definitely imagined it being cooler.

The ending was pretty cool at least.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 9, 2015 7:58 AM

May 2012
That was intense and with one more episode I really do wonder what it will offer next!
Oct 11, 2015 1:36 PM

Feb 2013
Whole episode fight. Good stuff. The setup was worth it.
Oct 17, 2015 8:27 PM

Aug 2013
I almost fell off my chair when Ainz summoned a sharknado. Holy shit, that thing was hilarious.

''It was all part of the keikaku!''
I'm sure Ainz was a fan Death Note.

He still hasn't used his World Item. ''Complete mana regeneration!''
No seriously though, they don't have mana potion in that game or something?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 17, 2015 9:04 PM

Sep 2013
minouneetzoe said:

They should, I don't think either one will allow the other to heal their mana thou, but they did heal their HP with spells and items, but it was cut from the anime :'(
world class items do way more than simple stuff like mana regen.
Oct 17, 2015 9:17 PM

Jul 2009
ichii_1 said:
minouneetzoe said:
They should, I don't think either one will allow the other to heal their mana thou, but they did heal their HP with spells and items, but it was cut from the anime :'(
world class items do way more than simple stuff like mana regen.
Here is a part of Vol.3 Ch.4 that explains a little about world class items. It doesn't really tell you what a normal world class item that doesn't have limited uses does though...
(Spoiler)
kyled00mOct 17, 2015 9:20 PM
Oct 24, 2015 11:34 PM

Oct 2008
Oh My God! This episode has so many skills! Momonga is truly superior when it comes to magical skill castings!
But damn! Shalltear is really the strongest when it comes to 1 vs 1 battle competition!
5/5!

Oct 31, 2015 10:22 AM

Jul 2013
I think that Ainz was broken, but Shalltear is even more broken. I like her very much, btw, though that armor is a bit gaudy. The fight was okay, but those spells in engrish that makes them sounds like weebs made the battle a bit... awkward.

I found interesting the fact that Ainz says to Shaltear if she find her creator more worth of being the ruler of Nazarick more that him and she became surprised. I know that all the Floor Guardians of Nazarick are loyal to Ainz (as the scenes when they are vows loyalty to him and when Demiurge became anger with Albedo for let Ainz go to battle without help in this episode), but we never heard what they think of their creators.

And in the end, Ainz uses a just as planned to Shalltear. What it will be?.

PS: Did Ainz summon a sharknado?, that moment caught me for surprise 0_0
Nov 3, 2015 11:07 AM
Oct 2013
Illyricus said:
I think that Ainz was broken, but Shalltear is even more broken. I like her very much, btw, though that armor is a bit gaudy. The fight was okay, but those spells in engrish that makes them sounds like weebs made the battle a bit... awkward.

That's actually how ALL mmorpg skills/spells would sound like if you dub them.
Nov 7, 2015 2:45 AM

Dec 2012
Ainz is super buffed! The fight scenes is so fking awesome!

Nov 7, 2015 2:55 AM

Jul 2013
Blankbite said:
Illyricus said:

That's actually how ALL mmorpg skills/spells would sound like if you dub them.

I know, and I don't really have a problem with them. The thing is that being pronunced by japanese voice actors, sounds weird.
Nov 23, 2015 12:32 AM
Mar 2015
lol ainz can summon a sharknado 5/5 best episode.
Nov 26, 2015 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
Great good fight, talk during the fight do not bother, indeed give strength to it, not bad even the narrative outside of confrontation, this is all to the benefit of secondary characters, who acquire greater characterization. Shalltear with this clash earn many points.
Dec 23, 2015 9:07 PM

May 2013
And no one will comment about the poor branch that Ainz broke?
So much buffs though. Fallen Down cast animation was awesome.
Einherjar seems OP and friendly fire, lol. And Shalltear confirms resurrection though.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 29, 2015 4:20 AM

Feb 2015
Jeez, I didn't think they would allow that many buffs in a game lol.

'The Goal of all Life is Death' is such an OP skill, insane range, no way of dodging by the looks of it. Needs some serious nerf.
Dec 29, 2015 7:24 AM

Apr 2008
iDensity said:
Jeez, I didn't think they would allow that many buffs in a game lol.

'The Goal of all Life is Death' is such an OP skill, insane range, no way of dodging by the looks of it. Needs some serious nerf.

The nerf is the time it takes to cast and its cooldown.
Jan 12, 2016 4:42 PM

Mar 2010
I couldn't handle watching Ains be hit that way..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 22, 2016 11:00 AM

Jun 2009
the fuck was that spell he casted at the end? lol, when japs have spell names in english, they mostly make sense...except when they don't, they really don't.
Jan 22, 2016 11:12 AM

Dec 2015
Tyestor said:
the fuck was that spell he casted at the end? lol, when japs have spell names in english, they mostly make sense...except when they don't, they really don't.

"Skill: The Goal of All Life is Death"
"Widen Magic"
"Skill: Cry of the Banshee"

Having played RPGs all my life both MMO and non-MMO type; I would guess it is a single target Death Sentence (FFVI) style ability (Death within X turns) that was amplified by Widen Magic turning it into an AoE skill rather than single target.

Or in more D&D terms; It's similar to Power Word: Kill or Finger of Death, which would easily wipe out summoned creatures like Shalltear's invoked minions and would have a chance at killing Shalltear which, if it fails, it would still do raw damage... the 'chance' would become guaranteed against wounded opponents which Shalltear was.

I'm not entire sure what Cry of the Banshee did, it seems like it was an AoE taunt to draw in everything's attention to the AoE of the Kill spell. Moth to a flame style AoE mobbing. It might also be a Magic Shred ability that guarantees the effect of the next spell (Magic penetration) similar to Greater Malison or Lower Resistance.

I have not read the Light Novel but that was what I gathered from the episoide.
/Shrug
Dominick_DestineJan 22, 2016 11:16 AM
Jan 22, 2016 11:31 AM

Jun 2009
Dominick_Destine said:
Tyestor said:

"Skill: The Goal of All Life is Death"
"Widen Magic"
"Skill: Cry of the Banshee"

Having played RPGs all my life both MMO and non-MMO type; I would guess it is a single target Death Sentence (FFVI) style ability (Death within X turns) that was amplified by Widen Magic turning it into an AoE skill rather than single target.

Or in more D&D terms; It's similar to Power Word: Kill or Finger of Death, which would easily wipe out summoned creatures like Shalltear's invoked minions and would have a chance at killing Shalltear which, if it fails, it would still do raw damage... the 'chance' would become guaranteed against wounded opponents which Shalltear was.

I'm not entire sure what Cry of the Banshee did, it seems like it was an AoE taunt to draw in everything's attention to the AoE of the Kill spell. Moth to a flame style AoE mobbing. It might also be a Magic Shred ability that guarantees the effect of the next spell (Magic penetration) similar to Greater Malison or Lower Resistance.

I have not read the Light Novel but that was what I gathered from the episoide.
/Shrug

I guess that mostly makes sense. I remember reading something from the guy who did a lot of the translations for FFXIV: ARR (I can't remember his name but he's pretty popular in certain communities) and basically what he said is that when the Japanese use English for skill names in RPGs they tend to use basic but "cool sounding" words. that one spell though is a bit more complex than what they normally use.
Apr 24, 2016 6:21 PM

Jul 2013
The best and the longest fight just happened to be Momonga against Shaltear, one of his guardians. And she's giving Momonga quite a challenge too. That made me question how come Shaltear became under a "mind control" spell instantly when she's this strong?
May 1, 2016 6:07 PM

Sep 2013
Ainz: Greater, super, triple.............. x100

Shalltear: Im'ma Fuck your MP
May 2, 2016 8:37 PM

Feb 2013
He used a Sharknado!
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2015

331 by MrList »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Overlord Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2015

242 by jesuscris01 »»
Jun 16, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

370 by HayiaSarah »»
Jun 13, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2015

240 by MrList »»
Jun 13, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

433 by BlackSummoner826 »»
May 30, 10:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.