Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Apr 7, 2014 3:31 PM
Feb 2013
Aeroing said:
luminoir said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
luminoir said:
I'm not quite sure what happened with the supposed "1st death"

did the main female lead intervened? (only saw her getting out of the pool as she knew what would happen)

or was the forecast wrong?

didn't she make the pipe burst with her supernatural powers or something?

guess it was done very subtly, only saw her glancing in that direction then cracks>burst

yea I guess that would be the logical conclusion

But she said something about not wanting to have to use her powers after splitting the boulder. I though she said the pump just gave out.

She still used her powers to save him. Saving lives is more important to her than not using her powers. If she can prevent deaths without using her powers she'll do it, but she'll use her powers if that's what it takes. A huge part of the side of the pool isn't suddenly just going to collapse on its own. More importantly, the death was foreseen. Without interference by someone who knew the future, the girl would have died. The girl lived, so the pump being destroyed had to be due to interference by Kuroha, since she was the only one there who knew the future.

Also it was one of the other kids who said the pump gave out. They're just assuming that because "hey, maybe one of our classmates is a witch who magically destroyed the pump" is not the first thing that comes to mind.

EDITED to fix quotes. Someone didn't put a closing bracket on one of the quotes, and it was throwing everything off.
Madcat6204Apr 7, 2014 3:38 PM
Apr 7, 2014 3:33 PM

Jun 2013
Aeroing said:
luminoir said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
luminoir said:
I'm not quite sure what happened with the supposed "1st death"

did the main female lead intervened? (only saw her getting out of the pool as she knew what would happen)

or was the forecast wrong?[/quote

didn't she make the pipe burst with her supernatural powers or something?

guess it was done very subtly, only saw her glancing in that direction then cracks>burst

yea I guess that would be the logical conclusion

But she said something about not wanting to have to use her powers after splitting the boulder. I though she said the pump just gave out.

using her powers has side effects (bad and random ones) . You'll see in the next episodes. So she wanted to save Murakami without using them.
Apr 7, 2014 5:22 PM
Apr 2013
Shows seem pretty cool so far. I see the similarities between Elfen Lied which I despise with a passion but so far it hasn't done all the things i hated about Elfen Lied besides the annoying dual personally "cute" girl and serious girl. I really hate that personally as I think a character should stick with one personality for the most part unless it is done very well like Rika from Higurashi. I think the concept is decent and they did the suspense and plot introduction. One of the better first episodes this season so far imo
Apr 7, 2014 6:23 PM

Apr 2011
Lolwat logic. Style over substance I guess. Well, atleast the girl is cute.
Apr 7, 2014 6:48 PM

Sep 2013
wow that was one unique opening, kinda cool in my opinion, looks like another good series is added to the list!
Apr 7, 2014 8:30 PM

Sep 2010
Very interesting and loved Kuroha's character.
Apr 7, 2014 8:46 PM
Jul 2013
Like the look's of it so far but i really hope it settles out its tone soon. It was swinging between "serious scifi" and "paranormal shounen" so fast that it coulda given me whiplash.

And as a lot of folk are saying, wish the exposistion had been handled a bit better.

REALLY CATCHY OP
Apr 7, 2014 11:29 PM

Feb 2008
Interesting show, getting tons of different kinds of feels like "another" and also random shows mixed in. Gonna keep watching this one.
Apr 7, 2014 11:36 PM

Apr 2013
Its a shame this looks to be written by a middle schooler, couldve been good.

"Hey that girl is drowning let's just sit around, watch her die and talk about boobs." Great.
Apr 8, 2014 12:44 AM

Oct 2013
One of the most interesting anime this season for me, I really like the OP .. never gonna skip!
Apr 8, 2014 12:55 AM

Oct 2010
Dat intro. Anyways, pretty interesting show, but for some reason, something seemed a bit obvious, but I could be wrong. I believe Kuroha neko is the same girl as his childhood friend. They told him she was dead, because she was an experiment that was supposed to remain under-the-radar.
Apr 8, 2014 1:29 AM

Jun 2012
Yukina's voice for Kuroha; I expected her to say "I'm your observer!' xD

Seriously though, I really enjoyed this first episode; definitely looking forward to more of this series.
Apr 8, 2014 1:33 AM

Jan 2011
ChoiDalDal said:
AlexGK said:
Will follow it. 7/10 for now. Please dont tell me it will turn out haremy...

kind of...

but there is no love or romance, only survival and tears

Well, shit.

After Chuuni 2 I dont think I would be able to stand another "one male to 10 female characters ratio" show.
Apr 8, 2014 1:40 AM

Jul 2013
Wow that was a great episode. The 2 MC's were pretty interesting to watch and the accident that Neko had which she was resurrected later. I could sense some dark atmosphere in here, can't wait for the next episode.

The ED song was good, but damn the OP was satisfying :D.

Apr 8, 2014 4:16 AM

May 2013
Well, science and magic mixed in this show.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 8, 2014 4:47 AM

May 2009
SweetCoconut said:
Well, science and magic mixed in this show.

Nah, she's moron.
Apr 8, 2014 4:52 AM

Oct 2013
Well, that OP is good I love it.

The character designs look nice, the art looks great.

Not exactly liking the male character though but I'm not too worried since it's only 1 episode.

God, Kuroha is so cute and Risa Taneda dubbing Kuroha with her sexy voice is a plus.

Too much mystery surrounded in this anime, this should be a nice watch. Great first episode.
Apr 8, 2014 6:16 AM

Oct 2009
That was gooood! Dam I am glad Kuroha isn't some cold emotionless girl like I thought she would be! She's pretty cute :D

It could be her mole stretched to her boob or something as she grew up @_@ lol, idk!

Nice art, animation and ost.
That was a interesting OP, so no song? Nice ED :D
Look's pretty good so far.
Apr 8, 2014 7:44 AM

Apr 2011
Will this series really turn out to be a harem? 'Coz I see a 'harem' genre attach it on the manga.
Apr 8, 2014 7:51 AM

May 2013
That "Urusai Urusai Urusai" reminds me of Shana from Shakugan no Shana
Apr 8, 2014 8:14 AM

Feb 2014
mercury1980 said:
That "Urusai Urusai Urusai" reminds me of Shana from Shakugan no Shana

THANK YOU !!!
I've been thinking about this for two days now since I watched the episode and heard the "Urusai Urusai Urusai" but I couldn't remember where I've heard it and got annoyed by it before.
I hope Kuroneko here doesn't turn out to be anything like Shana or my head is going to explode ...
I can't handle another show of this annoying "urusai urusai urusai" !
Need More DESUUUU~~~

My Anime List
Apr 8, 2014 8:21 AM

Jun 2013
Magito said:
Will this series really turn out to be a harem? 'Coz I see a 'harem' genre attach it on the manga.

kind of.
but half of them will die so...
Apr 8, 2014 8:30 AM

May 2011
Magito said:

It's more like a love triangle than a full blown Harem.

semi spoiler-ish..
Apr 8, 2014 8:40 AM

Jul 2012
Forgot to comment on this last night!

It's quite interesting. I get some intense spooky vibes from this (whenever the girl says stuff like "She was supposed to die.") and it's quite intriguing. However, the fanservice is really off putting as well as the light hearted moments. Seems like a darker Strike the Blood right now. But I still like it so far. The whole stars, alien, theme is nice. The art is great.
Apr 8, 2014 10:55 AM

Sep 2010
Interesting Anime.... And it's from Elfen Lied creator.....

4/5
Apr 8, 2014 12:00 PM

Jan 2014
Hard to really judge a show base on a first episode, but I will say that minus a few things that personally annoy me (I hate the whole "no one believes him even though we know he's right" plotpoint) it did a good job of making me interested and wanting to find out more. Still worried since it's done by the same person that did Elfen Lied (not a fan) but we'll see.
Apr 8, 2014 12:47 PM

May 2011
Really interesting. Osananajimi looks moe too.

I'll continue watching.
Apr 8, 2014 1:06 PM

Feb 2010
ChoiDalDal said:
Magito said:

kind of.

Dead harem is still a harem. I hope it won't come to a harem.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 8, 2014 1:37 PM

Mar 2009
whats with the the bloody OP~ love it~
Apr 8, 2014 4:18 PM

Feb 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
ChoiDalDal said:
Magito said:

kind of.

Dead harem is still a harem. I hope it won't come to a harem.

oh it will dont worry
Apr 8, 2014 4:39 PM

Dec 2012
Neko is really cute. I want to know more about witches and the connection of Kuroha and Kuroneko.
Apr 8, 2014 5:41 PM

May 2010
These characters are retarded...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 8, 2014 9:26 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The OP and ED are pretty good.

Sad to know Kuroneko died in that accident and that Muraki carries that scar of him being the cause of her death. As for Kuroha being a look alike of Kuroneko, I would have reacted the same way. Here he is in class and she just walks into class. Of course he'd be freaked out and wondering why she looks so similar to her.

Apr 8, 2014 11:03 PM

Apr 2011
Just saw the episode with a buddy and we both love it!!!

Kuroha is so cute! Her character design is gorgeous! She reminds me of a all grown-up Wendy from Fairy Tail.

Apr 8, 2014 11:17 PM

Jul 2013
It managed to draw my attention. Looking foward to see how it goes on.
Apr 9, 2014 2:42 AM

Feb 2014
Loving the vibe this shows giving.

BUT DAT OP THO!!!!

Dear anime creators,

This is how OP's should be.
Apr 9, 2014 7:33 AM

Jul 2010
My only problem with this is that....it will probably turn into a harem, such a shame.
Apr 9, 2014 7:47 AM
Feb 2013
stealthdasher said:
Loving the vibe this shows giving.

BUT DAT OP THO!!!!

Dear anime creators,

This is how OP's should be.
kcuf
Apr 9, 2014 11:57 AM

Oct 2011
That was alright.. Though I think this will likely be an anime original story from mostly this point on.

13 episodes isn't enough to fit the manga into, and I don't remember seeing that white haired girl from the OP in the manga.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Apr 9, 2014 12:42 PM

Oct 2009
The OP is great!
Apr 9, 2014 1:00 PM

Feb 2013
BRSxIgnition said:
That was alright.. Though I think this will likely be an anime original story from mostly this point on.

13 episodes isn't enough to fit the manga into, and I don't remember seeing that white haired girl from the OP in the manga.

She's there, just didn't appear yet in chapters scanlated so far.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Apr 9, 2014 4:22 PM

Apr 2009
much spook
many scare
wow
Apr 9, 2014 6:08 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, great anime, loved the first episode, I think it's definitely worth watching. :)
Newbie :P
Apr 9, 2014 6:50 PM

Jul 2010
If Kuroha really is hiding the fact that she truly is Murakami's childhood friend, then the question is: why?
Apr 9, 2014 7:48 PM

Feb 2010
Kalisto said:
If Kuroha really is hiding the fact that she truly is Murakami's childhood friend, then the question is: why?

maybe she just can't remember for some reason, she isn't necessarily hiding it.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 9, 2014 8:50 PM

Jul 2012
AnimeGURU475 said:
much spook
many scare
wow

^ lol
Apr 9, 2014 9:11 PM
Jun 2013
So, it seems interesting for the first episode. I didn't die of enthusiasm but i will definitly watch the next episodes. I liked the art, and the opening was really interesting. Some comedy and i'm felling more tragedy coming.
Apr 10, 2014 12:03 AM
Sep 2013
The whole times table thing went over the heads of anyone who did not read, or do not remember, the manga and do not understand Japanese

10th_man_down said:
My only problem with this is that....it will probably turn into a harem, such a shame.

Depends on what your definition of a harem is. Yes, most of the characters are female but they are not all trying to jump on the MC's dick, except Kazumi but she's a special cause and there is even a good explanation for it. IMO, its far less of a harem than something like the Index series and the female characters do not give the vibe that their purpose is to start waifu battles. In the manga at least, it felt more like it is just a story where the characters just happens to be female; there is even an actual good plot reason for it but the anime will probably never get to it.

So no, its not really a harem, which is odd cuz the MC actually does things that's worthy of their affection, and without coming off as a Marty Stu too.
Apr 10, 2014 12:14 AM

Dec 2011
The anime was more stunning than I initially thought. Can't wait to see more and how far they will cover the manga.

The OP is so cool! No vocals... but it just made it look more badass, which I didn't expect from the story of this anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2014 12:33 AM
Aug 2010
This is no more harem than Elfen Lied was and it is no more ecchi than Elfen Lied was. There is some minor nudity but they are all within the context of the story or, at the very least, have relevance to the plot. Same author you see, and if it means anything, the author is female.

I disagree strongly with people who call Elfen Lied harem or ecchi but that's just me. I hate harem and ecchi like the plague so maybe my definition of what they are is different from those who like or don't mind them.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Is it set in the same world as Elfen Lied?

Saku33 - Nov 16, 2023

5 by Buny0058 »»
Nov 18, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

126 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

403 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:24 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

231 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 6:03 AM

» Anybody still here

Iamtheeggman - Mar 30, 2021

29 by Barrycade »»
May 6, 2023 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.