Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
#1
Apr 28, 2014 2:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 732
4 epic awesome suspenseful well executed episodes and so far it's rated in the lower half of shows this season why?

I noticed Elfen Lied is scored waaay lower than it should be imo.

Do MAL users have a problem with gore/nudity or something?
 
#2
Apr 28, 2014 2:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 11111
I have no idea, and Elfen Lied is one of the best shows ever made that has deep, complex well developed characters that are not afraid to tell it like it is, with a strong ending.

MAL must be crazy


or both of these shows blow balls, or wait until the show has finished airing, or don't even care about ratings because people and MAL have shit taste
 
#3
Apr 28, 2014 2:36 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1033
rasenshiruken973 said:
4 epic awesome suspenseful well executed episodes and so far it's rated in the lower half of shows this season why?

I noticed Elfen Lied is scored waaay lower than it should be imo.

Do MAL users have a problem with gore/nudity or something?


there wasn't even much gore yet. and what we actually did see was censored(at least where I watch it). even nudity was very very low(was there any before ep4?)

maybe people see it as too similar to elfenlied. I don't mind it and actually like this but I could see people disliking it for that reason.

well overall I couldn't care less :) I enjoy it and as long as people stay with just the bad rating and don't complain about it every episode it's fine with me.
 
#4
Apr 28, 2014 2:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 11429
This show is terrible. So many plot holes and plot conveniences

And this is coming from a huge Elfen lied fanboy
 
#5
Apr 28, 2014 2:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1254
It's underrated imo, but I can see why. Gore and nudity are not universally appealing, and the MC in Brynhildr was a complete asshat in the first episode.
 
#6
Apr 28, 2014 2:40 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 9417
Probably because people who hate Elfen Lied downvote this show.

And yet, I haven't watched first episode in this show before.
 
#7
Apr 28, 2014 2:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 14519
because it's shit
yuh yuh yuh

 
#8
Apr 28, 2014 2:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 31507
maybe yes mabe no -

but i know u cant do anything about it even if you make a thread people are different

 
#9
Apr 28, 2014 2:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 669
MAL as an indiscrete whole has a terrible taste, that much has been etched in stone for so long that it's an axiom now. Both Elfen Lied and this show are not underrated, but scored well over what they deserve. It's a tradition around here to glorify anything that attempts to make it big by pouring hectoliters of blood in a blender and mixing it up with an unpolished story, glaring discrepancies, and inane ass-pulls.

Those who adore Elfen Lied are either newcomers who'd rate anything a 10 for them being an anime, or those who watched it a long time ago and remember nothing, save the shocking first impression it gave them.

Do MAL users have a problem with gore/nudity or something?
Gore and nudity are subservient to a story, they are the underlines, emphases - not the goals in themselves. I might be partial in my judgement of Elfen Lied (objectively: it sucks, but to each his own, I suppose), but this show we're talking about here is a different case. It's a cutting-edge example of how not to execute anime's direction. It's cheap in every aspect, lacking in each department, and were it not for the good OP and my friend's promise it should get better eventually I'd have dropped it by now.


 
Apr 28, 2014 2:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 11429
Blackiris said:


Those who adore Elfen Lied are either newcomers who'd rate anything a 10 for them being an anime, or those who watched it a long time ago and remember nothing, save the shocking first impression it gave them.



Not true.
 
Apr 28, 2014 3:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 90
Probably a bit too strange for the average audience. Like Elfen Lied this will not be an anime for the casual viewer as it takes some concentration to understand what is going on half the time.
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
 
Apr 28, 2014 3:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 115
7.5 seems more than fair to me. There are plenty of shows underrated on MAL (and a whole lot more overrated because some people think the scale runs from 7-10), but this show is about where I would rate it personally -- between Good and Very Good. It hasn't done anything yet to deserve more than that, IMHO.
 
Apr 28, 2014 9:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 11495
Elfen Lied manga > anime.

rasenshiruken973 said:
4 epic awesome suspenseful well executed episodes and so far it's rated in the lower half of shows this season why?
I think the majority don't hold that opinion. I certainly don't. But the show is entertaining enough for me to keep going.
 
Apr 28, 2014 11:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1119
Because it's been mediocre at best so far, not that I excepted anything good from the author of Elfen Lied. And I don't think 7,5 is a low score.
Modified by f42f21f24a, Apr 29, 2014 12:31 AM
 
Apr 29, 2014 2:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 3639
There's only 4 episodes out, there's a lot to see yet, too many people aren't rating because it's too soon. You can complain about the score and blaim people when the show is finished.


 
Apr 29, 2014 2:44 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6814
7.5 seems ok tbh
 
Apr 29, 2014 2:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1443
Blackiris said:
MAL as an indiscrete whole has a terrible taste, that much has been etched in stone for so long that it's an axiom now. Both Elfen Lied and this show are not underrated, but scored well over what they deserve. It's a tradition around here to glorify anything that attempts to make it big by pouring hectoliters of blood in a blender and mixing it up with an unpolished story, glaring discrepancies, and inane ass-pulls.

Those who adore Elfen Lied are either newcomers who'd rate anything a 10 for them being an anime, or those who watched it a long time ago and remember nothing, save the shocking first impression it gave them.

Do MAL users have a problem with gore/nudity or something?
Gore and nudity are subservient to a story, they are the underlines, emphases - not the goals in themselves. I might be partial in my judgement of Elfen Lied (objectively: it sucks, but to each his own, I suppose), but this show we're talking about here is a different case. It's a cutting-edge example of how not to execute anime's direction. It's cheap in every aspect, lacking in each department, and were it not for the good OP and my friend's promise it should get better eventually I'd have dropped it by now.

Wow, this is probably the most sensible post I've seen in a while. +1 and agree.

A long time ago when I first watched Elfen Lied, I thought it was amazing; an unrivaled masterpiece. Upon watching it again recently, with a few more years of wisdom and nearly a hundred more shows under my belt, I realized that it didn't live up to the expectations in my head whatsoever... Much like the Super Mario Bros. movie from 1993.

If this kind of show is your style, then power to you. However, saying it's "underrated" because other people don't share similar tastes as you is kind of ridiculous -- especially since this show is nothing special, regardless of personal preferences.

Besides, at the end of the day, everyone knows the MAL ratings don't really mean anything.
 
Apr 29, 2014 2:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1100
7,5 is already quite good though.

also,

Nanashi- said:

well overall I couldn't care less :) I enjoy it and as long as people stay with just the bad rating and don't complain about it every episode it's fine with me.


+1


and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
 
Apr 29, 2014 9:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 732
AnimeFourteenth said:
maybe yes mabe no -

but i know u cant do anything about it even if you make a thread people are different


Yeah I know obviously people have different opinions I was just wondering why it doesn't appeal to many people cause to me it's obviously quite original story than Elfen Lied yet it still has enough similarities to know it's written by same person.

Just wondering if there's some massive flaw I was overlooking.

zperson5 said:
Probably a bit too strange for the average audience. Like Elfen Lied this will not be an anime for the casual viewer as it takes some concentration to understand what is going on half the time.


I think there's some truth to that. Elfen Lied's ending for example is highly symbolic and requires a lot of thought to make sense out of it. Otherwise the casual viewer who just finishes EL then moves onto another anime 10 mins later will just think it's a lazily written open ending and give a lower score.

But so far Brynhildr's story isn't very complicated (to me at least). And anyway, if that is the case, why is Baccano rated so high? I don't think the average MAL user is a complete moron to not understand a complex plot lol.

Blackiris said:
MAL as an indiscrete whole has a terrible taste, that much has been etched in stone for so long that it's an axiom now. Both Elfen Lied and this show are not underrated, but scored well over what they deserve. It's a tradition around here to glorify anything that attempts to make it big by pouring hectoliters of blood in a blender and mixing it up with an unpolished story, glaring discrepancies, and inane ass-pulls.

Those who adore Elfen Lied are either newcomers who'd rate anything a 10 for them being an anime, or those who watched it a long time ago and remember nothing, save the shocking first impression it gave them.


What is this common view on MAL that unless someone has watched over 100 anime they're instantly labelled as a complete moron who laps up anything that's half decent and gives it a 10/10. I think one of the first 10 anime series I watched I gave it a score of 5 or 6 and that was because I could see how cliche and uninteresting the story was. Yes I didn't even have much experience with anime and I already could make that observation. (the series was This Beautiful Yet Ugly World btw). I log all the dates I start and finish a series so you can even confirm that. You can sort my list in order of completed and look at the ones I completed earlier you'll find a variety of 10s 9s 8s 7s and 6s. So don't give me this arrogant bullshit that people with lists >200 are more qualified to judge and anime than someone who's only watched like 20 - 50. It's not like when you start your first anime you've never seen anything animated before, or have no life experience so you can judge how realistic a series is. Sorry for the rant it just annoys me this arrogant attitude of MAL users.

My main point was going to be that I actually rated Elfen Lied a 10/10 and no that's not cause it was one of the first shows I watched and I was impressed by nudity or gore or whatever. It was a beautiful, tragic, touching story that gave me a LOT of enjoyment. Excuse me for not being a hard, cold critic. I even thought about the ending for days afterwards, discussing theories with my friend and on various forums. In summary: stop generalising and grouping all anime "noobs" and making them out to be brainless fan-boys who give everything a 10/10.

Blackiris said:

Do MAL users have a problem with gore/nudity or something?
Gore and nudity are subservient to a story, they are the underlines, emphases - not the goals in themselves. I might be partial in my judgement of Elfen Lied (objectively: it sucks, but to each his own, I suppose), but this show we're talking about here is a different case. It's a cutting-edge example of how not to execute anime's direction. It's cheap in every aspect, lacking in each department, and were it not for the good OP and my friend's promise it should get better eventually I'd have dropped it by now.


In *every* aspect? Hmm? If you're going to state something like that at least have the decency to write "imo" as often as possible to sound polite. The way you state your opinion as if it's fact is so arrogant and rude imo.

Still, I respect your opinion even though, imo the in bold part above is complete bullshit :)

One more thing to reiterate my point: I actually agree with "Gore and nudity are subservient to a story, they are the underlines, emphases - not the goals in themselves."

Best example I can think of is Corpse Party OVA that just relies on its completely over-kill amount of gore that it just desensitises you and becomes a bore to watch. That's just my opinion - maybe I missed something in the story that would have made me enjoy more but to me it was very generic story.

Maybe you felt the same way about Elfen Lied? Regardless, I saw something in EL's story that maybe you didn't, or I connected with the characters more. That's fine we all got different tastes. Just don't state opinion as fact cause it's really ignorant and close-minded. Thank you.

Mod Edit: Merged posts; please use the edit button.
Modified by julyan, May 5, 2014 7:59 AM
 
Apr 29, 2014 6:04 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 108
because eps 4 destroying the previous 3 eps mood

7,5 is still good for something like this, 7 is still ok anime to watch
 
Apr 29, 2014 10:35 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 301
i don't like how thriller part mixed with typical romance/comedy things. it's stupid.
another reason is too much shounen with no fanservice, so mature audience nothing to see it.
 
Apr 29, 2014 10:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 20849
It's not rated low and neither is Elfen Lied.

rasenshiruken973 said:

I think there's some truth to that. Elfen Lied's ending for example is highly symbolic and requires a lot of thought to make sense out of it. Otherwise the casual viewer who just finishes EL then moves onto another anime 10 mins later will just think it's a lazily written open ending and give a lower score.


Are you talking about the anime or manga's ending being complicated?
 
Apr 30, 2014 4:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 202
Dunno, first 3 episodes I just couldn't take them seriosly, besides Lucy >>> Neko, Neko is just not badass enough.
 
Apr 30, 2014 10:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 732
NonStopRoad said:
because eps 4 destroying the previous 3 eps mood

7,5 is still good for something like this, 7 is still ok anime to watch


It was rated 7.5 even before episode 4 was aired -.-

ReaperCreeper said:
It's not rated low and neither is Elfen Lied.

rasenshiruken973 said:

I think there's some truth to that. Elfen Lied's ending for example is highly symbolic and requires a lot of thought to make sense out of it. Otherwise the casual viewer who just finishes EL then moves onto another anime 10 mins later will just think it's a lazily written open ending and give a lower score.


Are you talking about the anime or manga's ending being complicated?


Have yet to read the manga talking about the anime's ending.

What irks me the most is that terrible Black Bullet has a score of 7.80 when the past couple episodes have been insanely rushed and the story so far is really cliched and stupid.

I know 7.5 isn't a low score but for crying out loud it's rated lower than DATE A LIVE SEASON 2!!!! >.<

I can understand why Akuma no Riddle is rated low now past couple eps were lame but this show has been one of the most consistent of this season. I don't get MAL at all :(

Mod Edit: Merged posts; please use the edit button.
Modified by julyan, May 5, 2014 8:03 AM
 
Apr 30, 2014 10:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 586
To each his own.
Don't take MAL scores too seriously, for you Elfen Lied (it was mentioned so I'll do it too) is a 10 and for me is a 2. If you like it, then watch it.
 
Apr 30, 2014 10:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 11495
rasenshiruken973 said:
What irks me the most is that terrible Black Bullet has a score of 7.80 when the past couple episodes have been insanely rushed and the story so far is really cliched and stupid.

I know 7.5 isn't a low score but for crying out loud it's rated lower than DATE A LIVE SEASON 2!!!! >.<
Black Bullet is probably only higher rated because of better animation and OST. I think the score will drop a lot soon if it continues to be as bad as it is right now.

Date a Live S2 is a sequel. Mostly fans are watching.

There is still plenty of time for Brynhildr to go up (or down).

Mod Edit: Modified quote.
Modified by julyan, May 5, 2014 8:05 AM
 
Apr 30, 2014 11:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 537
The anime is a 7.5 at BEST. It's pretty cliche so that's 1 point down already.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
 
Apr 30, 2014 11:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 7204
rasenshiruken973 said:
Do MAL users have a problem with gore/nudity or something?

Nope but let's face it... these characters aren't too bright.
As in I want to throw a brick into their heads hoping it will cure some stupidity.

My personal score would be a 5 right now.
5 for average, not 5 for offensively bad or anything like most people tend to rate.
At least it has pleasing visuals.
(lol at Black Bullet, I dropped that shit hard as soon as I watched the 2nd episode)
 
Apr 30, 2014 12:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 840
A 6.5 for me is average so this show seems to be in a good position, in my eyes anyway. I couldn't handle black bullet after the first episode honestly. That's not to say I don't watch crappy shows but... I just couldn't do it even with my 3 episode rule. At least this show is somewhat different/unique to the average series.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
 
May 1, 2014 2:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 732
Perquisitore said:
To each his own.
Don't take MAL scores too seriously, for you Elfen Lied (it was mentioned so I'll do it too) is a 10 and for me is a 2. If you like it, then watch it.


That's fine as long as we respect each other's opinions :)

Golden_Darknezz said:
The anime is a 7.5 at BEST. It's pretty cliche so that's 1 point down already.


What's cliche about it?

Mod Edit: Merged posts; please use the edit button.
Modified by julyan, May 5, 2014 8:06 AM
 
May 1, 2014 2:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 12282
A.) Because it is harem.
B.) Because the MC isn't a genius who mocks his opponents.
C.) Because it is made by Arms.
 
May 1, 2014 2:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 732
5layer said:
rasenshiruken973 said:
What irks me the most is that piece of shit Black Bullet has a score of 7.80 when the past couple episodes have been insanely rushed and the story so far is really cliched and stupid.

I know 7.5 isn't a low score but for crying out loud it's rated lower than DATE A LIVE SEASON 2!!!! >.<
Black Bullet is probably only higher rated because of better animation and OST. I think the score will drop a lot soon if it continues to be as bad as it is right now.

Date a Live S2 is a sequel. Mostly fans are watching.


There is still plenty of time for Brynhildr to go up (or down).


Can't believe people are shallow to like Black Bullet only for ost and animation. If that were the case Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou would be rated a lot higher -.-

Yeah true DAL is a sequel but still, not every sequel gets higher than 1st season... just surprised.... oh well.

Brynhildr better get at least over 8 by the ending (assuming it's good) or ima... idk ima... read the manga then rewatch it and rejoice in my superior taste in anime ;)

(I'm kidding btw) xD Thanks for your input :)

SolviteSekai said:
A.) Because it is harem.
B.) Because the MC isn't a genius who mocks his opponents.
C.) Because it is made by Arms.


But it's a pretty dark harem with lethal girls so I don't think that counts against this show :D

And MC is pretty smart actually (though his actions at the end of episode were.... questionable to say the least :p).

I don't know much about Arms studio but i don't know how that would add/subtract from people's enjoyment?

Thank you for your input :)

Mod Edit: Merged posts; please use the edit button.
Modified by julyan, May 5, 2014 8:07 AM
 
May 1, 2014 2:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 12282
Brynhildr has a low rating because it is made by Arms.

rasenshiruken973 said:
SolviteSekai said:
A.) Because it is harem.
B.) Because the MC isn't a genius who mocks his opponents.
C.) Because it is made by Arms.


But it's a pretty dark harem with lethal girls so I don't think that counts against this show :D

And MC is pretty smart actually (though his actions at the end of episode were.... questionable to say the least :p).

I don't know much about Arms studio but i don't know how that would add/subtract from people's enjoyment?

Thank you for your input :)


Arms was making hentai and really crappy hentai/ecchi hybrids until lately.

A lot of times a shitty producer can end up lowballing an anime. For example: Gonzo.

Also, the reason Date A Live is rated so highly is because of it's source material. It's more than likely the same for Black Bullet.
 
May 1, 2014 2:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 12282
Once the majority of people see girls shoving their feet in dudes mouths and demanding "boob fees" the rating probably wont go anywhere but down.

It's a shame really because this show is pretty good for what it is.
 
May 1, 2014 2:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 840
SolviteSekai said:
Once the majority of people see girls shoving their feet in dudes mouths and demanding "boob fees" the rating probably wont go anywhere but down.

It's a shame really because this show is pretty good for what it is.

Well for me it's not all that cliche, though there are character types such as Kazumi's which people tend to avoid if at all possible.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
 
May 1, 2014 2:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 12282
7thVoid said:
SolviteSekai said:
Once the majority of people see girls shoving their feet in dudes mouths and demanding "boob fees" the rating probably wont go anywhere but down.

It's a shame really because this show is pretty good for what it is.

Well for me it's not all that cliche, though there are character types such as Kazumi's which people tend to avoid if at all possible.


All the characters in this show are Tropes.

I'm watching this shit religiously but even I'll admit its just like every other fantasy/harem show, just with more censored gore.
 
May 1, 2014 2:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 840
SolviteSekai said:
7thVoid said:
SolviteSekai said:
Once the majority of people see girls shoving their feet in dudes mouths and demanding "boob fees" the rating probably wont go anywhere but down.

It's a shame really because this show is pretty good for what it is.

Well for me it's not all that cliche, though there are character types such as Kazumi's which people tend to avoid if at all possible.


All the characters in this show are Tropes.

I'm watching this shit religiously but even I'll admit its just like every other fantasy/harem show, just with more censored gore.

I know of the tropes and was stating they're one reason why this series has a low rating. For me it feels somewhat different. The soundtracks help it out some too though.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
 
May 1, 2014 6:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 418
Partially agree with what the OP said, I have been checking every week to see if the score would increase, show deserves to be below the 1000 radar in my opinion.
Modified by fear80, May 1, 2014 7:26 PM
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
 
May 1, 2014 9:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 20849
rasenshiruken973 said:
ReaperCreeper said:
It's not rated low and neither is Elfen Lied.

rasenshiruken973 said:

I think there's some truth to that. Elfen Lied's ending for example is highly symbolic and requires a lot of thought to make sense out of it. Otherwise the casual viewer who just finishes EL then moves onto another anime 10 mins later will just think it's a lazily written open ending and give a lower score.


Are you talking about the anime or manga's ending being complicated?


Have yet to read the manga talking about the anime's ending.


What exactly is symbolic in the ending then? Granted it's been a while since I watched it but I remember the ending being fairly standard fare.
 
May 1, 2014 9:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 11429
ReaperCreeper said:
rasenshiruken973 said:
ReaperCreeper said:
It's not rated low and neither is Elfen Lied.

rasenshiruken973 said:

I think there's some truth to that. Elfen Lied's ending for example is highly symbolic and requires a lot of thought to make sense out of it. Otherwise the casual viewer who just finishes EL then moves onto another anime 10 mins later will just think it's a lazily written open ending and give a lower score.


Are you talking about the anime or manga's ending being complicated?


Have yet to read the manga talking about the anime's ending.


What exactly is symbolic in the ending then? Granted it's been a while since I watched it but I remember the ending being fairly standard fare.


The clock lucy was trying to fix suddenly rang
 
May 1, 2014 9:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 12282
I'd like to point out that by episode 4 of Elfen Lied, shit had actually happened.

The pace of Brynhildr is laughably slow.

Cupquake said:
ReaperCreeper said:
rasenshiruken973 said:
ReaperCreeper said:
It's not rated low and neither is Elfen Lied.

rasenshiruken973 said:

I think there's some truth to that. Elfen Lied's ending for example is highly symbolic and requires a lot of thought to make sense out of it. Otherwise the casual viewer who just finishes EL then moves onto another anime 10 mins later will just think it's a lazily written open ending and give a lower score.


Are you talking about the anime or manga's ending being complicated?


Have yet to read the manga talking about the anime's ending.


What exactly is symbolic in the ending then? Granted it's been a while since I watched it but I remember the ending being fairly standard fare.


The clock lucy was trying to fix suddenly rang


This happens in the manga too. It isn't an open ending. She is at the door.
 
May 1, 2014 9:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 20849
SolviteSekai said:
Cupquake said:


The clock lucy was trying to fix suddenly rang


This happens in the manga too. It isn't an open ending. She is at the door.

I wouldn't exactly consider that single scene highly symbolic as the OP puts it.
 
May 1, 2014 9:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 12282
ReaperCreeper said:
SolviteSekai said:
Cupquake said:


The clock lucy was trying to fix suddenly rang


This happens in the manga too. It isn't an open ending. She is at the door.

I wouldn't exactly consider that single scene highly symbolic as the OP puts it.


It isn't symbolic at all. As I said. She is at the door. It wasn't anime original. Thats just where they ended in the manga.
 
May 1, 2014 9:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 101
The score it has it about right.
 
May 2, 2014 5:37 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 9
My problem with the show is in the plotholes. A lot of the times my suspension of disbelieve was at its limits. Also, they commedy right after the dark scenes, the censorship, and EPISODE 4.... Right now this series is missing the Depth of Elfen Lied, and the sad feeling. I think the rating it has atm is ok for what it is.
I also think that 8 for Elfen Lied is a good rating. Its not a 10, because it lacks stuff at times and maybe too many ecchi moments. But I wouldn't accept it lower than 8 either because it has a cool storyline and it is moving and the ending is rly deep. (prefered the Ending of the Anime over the one from the Manga actually)
 
May 2, 2014 6:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 202
May be not high rating for EL, but lol
Popularity: #6
Members: 314,328

More than impressive, popularity is somehow more important than rank, imho
 
May 2, 2014 7:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 732
ReaperCreeper said:
rasenshiruken973 said:
ReaperCreeper said:
It's not rated low and neither is Elfen Lied.

rasenshiruken973 said:

I think there's some truth to that. Elfen Lied's ending for example is highly symbolic and requires a lot of thought to make sense out of it. Otherwise the casual viewer who just finishes EL then moves onto another anime 10 mins later will just think it's a lazily written open ending and give a lower score.


Are you talking about the anime or manga's ending being complicated?


Have yet to read the manga talking about the anime's ending.


What exactly is symbolic in the ending then? Granted it's been a while since I watched it but I remember the ending being fairly standard fare.


Tbh I don't really remember. Long time since I watched it. Guess ya caught me out there :p
 
May 4, 2014 7:44 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 72
Its only 4 eps in, alot of people like to rate when the show is over so they can make a fair vote. P.s. you obviously havent read the manga to elfen lied if you think it ends with lucy stood outside the door lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
May 4, 2014 10:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 428
I don't really care for people over-analyzing this show. It's fun, looks decent and has a great soundtrack. To me it's a good 6 at least and MAL has it as 7.5 which is very high. People keep forgetting that scores don't start at 5, which stands for average, but not necessarily bad, scores from 6-8 mark a good anime, with different amount of flaws and 9 and 10 mark near perfect examples.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
 
May 4, 2014 10:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 1123
7.5 is only a low rating to those kids who only watch what's in the top 100 or whatever.

Branch off, find some good shows. There are far more great shows below the 8 mark than above it.

But for this show.. it's pretty mediocre, especially after the sex girl joined. If every episode is going to be plagued by ecchi bullshit, it'll be garbage. For now it's not garbage quite yet, but getting there.

Also it's doing a disservice to Elfen Lied when you compare it with shit like this. (yes I know they are both from the same dude)

This doesn't have the strong emotional impact that EL does
EL wasn't this stereotypical harem bullshit (obviously it had *some* elements)
EL actually had a plot.
Modified by ex_necross, May 4, 2014 10:41 AM
 
Top
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »