Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 6, 2021 2:54 PM

Aug 2018
Sounds like Milverton became a common enemy for both Holmes & Moriarty. I remembered that story, or more like I had fragments coming back to memory but can't exactly figure out if it was part of an original book or something else.
Jun 6, 2021 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
Milverton has quite the enemies, I gotta say. I'm curious to see how Milverton does things from now on, and also what Will is going to do. I can't wait to see Will plotting something again and to see Milvertons face full of fear.

I do want to see Will but I miss those episodes where Will and Sherlock both appeared at the same time, seeing them both solve cases, or just Sherlock being tried by Will. I hope that they somehow team up for this one, that'd be the team of the century :)

Jun 6, 2021 5:59 PM

Feb 2019
This series is still criminally slept on and it hurts smh
Jun 6, 2021 6:50 PM

Mar 2020
Sherlock's reaction to John's marriage is the same as Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr.
It would be funny going forward if we see Sherlock get more possessive of John like the movie too.

This episode was interesting with the deductions and how well Sherlock can just perceive people by one glance at their postural behavior.

Also now both Sherlock and Moriarty are on Milverton's ass, man's messing with two hornet nests at the same time.
Jun 6, 2021 7:43 PM

Jun 2019
I’ve noticed myself starting to fade on this anime and this episode didn’t help change my mond very much.

The case wasn’t very interesting and Mary being blackmailed by Milverton saying he will break up her wedding makes very little sense. Was this supposed to mean he has information that would make John not want to marry her?

Either way, it felt like a very shoe-horned way to get Holmes to go after Milverton too.
Jun 6, 2021 8:35 PM
Jul 2018
At last Mary has appeared! I have always liked all versions of her in the Sherlock Holmes franchise (except for Elementary as I haven't watched it yet) and I will probably like this one as well.
removed-userJun 6, 2021 8:38 PM
Jun 6, 2021 8:41 PM

Mar 2016
At first, I thought they skipped the whole "The Sign of the Four" case, and went straight to announcing John and Mary's marriage. But, no! They just rearranged it to give Milverton a chance to appear.

This condensed a whole novel into an episode that's not even 25 minutes. So, the pacing felt so off to me.

Small was so cartoonish when he threw the treasure.
Jun 6, 2021 9:01 PM

Apr 2018
I was wondering how this case was related to the story until Milverton was involved. A good story nonetheless tho!
Jun 6, 2021 11:52 PM
Dec 2019
Garbage episode, literally ripped off the simpsons LOL. At least Milverton gets more action, and the preview looks promising
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Jun 7, 2021 12:23 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Idk why Milverton dare to challenged Sherlock via John's marriage situations. I thought it was all about him and Moriarty. There's no pov of him about this episode, either before which stating his interest over Sherlock (or am i forget something?). But, its completely wrong.

Yeah, i remember him spying an eye on Sherlock when reaching the end status of Jack the Ripper chapter. Now, its make more clear now. What a madlad, truly a worthy villain on these last campaign, for me, and for them. But, here it was, the plot. Its forced the two opposite sides, to cooperating with each other, together, taking down the king of blackmailers, Milverton. How convenient. Interesting to see whats setup they got before the main course. So, yeah, that's it!

About this episode in general was okay. A bit too simple for Sherlock case standard, even i don't pay much sweat figuring out whats goin on. But, on Milverton case, its different. So, yeah, an alright setting for the main act....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 7, 2021 12:40 AM
Jul 2018
Sherlock is really clever. I love his reasoning since before. And his reaction xD
Next episode will be hyped. William vs Sherlock is always impress me.
Jun 7, 2021 1:55 AM
Apr 2021
This was a great adaptation of The Sign of the Four, one of the best Holmes stories penned by Conan Doyle to this date. Best of all, they didn't decide to ham-fist in any dumb link to an evil villain that interrupted the pacing or distracted from the story -till the end (which I really hated). However I like the fact that they respected the original Holmes story enough to avoid padding it with useless references and other BS this series has stuffed into the Holmes IP lately. This was a straightforward Holmes adaptation and probably my favourite episode so far this season.

there is just one plot hole due to the ending bit. If Holmes already knows about Milverton and his reputation, how has he remained such a mysterious figure for Moriarty - who should already know far more due to his extensive connections and ability to operate outside the law. Moriarty should have been all over Milverton from the very start if he had such a prestigious reputation.

On a side note, I'd be pretty hyped to see an anime adaptation of Holme's most famous adventure: the Hound of the Baskervilles. Make it a 2-parter and It'd easily become my favourite arc from this entire franchise. Manga readers I'm assuming you'd probably know if one is coming up some time soon?
Jun 7, 2021 1:57 AM

Oct 2008
nothing would escape Sherlock's deduction prowess!!
5/5.

Jun 7, 2021 1:57 AM
Apr 2021
Soupisekaitrash said:
Garbage episode, literally ripped off the simpsons LOL. At least Milverton gets more action, and the preview looks promising
bruh the simpsons ripped off the original source material this show is based on.

why has nobody here actually read OG sherlock holmes? It's geniunely so good. One of the most famous stories of all time for a reason. Give it a read. You'll understand why I look down on this anime adaptation once you do
Jun 7, 2021 4:42 AM

Jul 2016
UltimateKai said:
Bruh I didn’t trust Mary from the start her excuse sounds scripted.
This show makes me wanna read Sherlock again tho it’s crazy how they fit so much story in 22 minutes!

Mary is fine. Milverton the real bad guy here.
Jun 7, 2021 4:48 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! Glad Mary wasn't just using John or something, but her getting blackmailed ain't good though. Now Milverton gonna have Sherlock and Moriarty coming after him.
Jun 7, 2021 7:24 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
ooh, they did a nice adaptation of the Sign of Four but with the twist at the end linking it to the Milverton case. I like it!!

theGodde said:
Soupisekaitrash said:
bruh the simpsons ripped off the original source material this show is based on.

why has nobody here actually read OG sherlock holmes? It's geniunely so good. One of the most famous stories of all time for a reason. Give it a read. You'll understand why I look down on this anime adaptation once you do

There are several of us here every week who have read the original stories and novels. Not many, but a handful.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 7, 2021 8:07 AM
Apr 2014
FuMomo-kun said:
At first, I thought they skipped the whole "The Sign of the Four" case, and went straight to announcing John and Mary's marriage. But, no! They just rearranged it to give Milverton a chance to appear.

This condensed a whole novel into an episode that's not even 25 minutes. So, the pacing felt so off to me.

This is one of the first stories released by Conan Doyle. If I remember correctly, this is the story where
The other released stories (most of them), occur before the events of the "The Sign of the Four".

There is the conversation between Holmes and Miss Hudson where she said that Mary is a pretty lady, and Holmes replied that he didn't notice. In the novel,

At first, I thought this anime is gonna be another "Kabukichou Sherlock" (which I dropped after 3 episode), and I couldn't be more wrong. This adaption is interesting and It has its moments of suspense and thrill.
Jun 7, 2021 12:22 PM

Jul 2014
While it was good to get some more typical Sherlock action, this episode is just another instance of how utterly disjointed this second season has been, completely disrupting the momentum the "Lord of Crime" stuff was building after Whiteley's death last week to bring us what essentially amounts to a side story that does nothing to keep things moving besides a tacked-on connection to Milverton. And speaking of that connection, if Sherlock is aware of Milverton as a prominent figure in London's criminal underground, how was Moriarty's group unaware of him until recently when they have a lot more connections in that area?

Seriously, introducing Milverton was one of the dumbest choices this season made, not as dumb as James Bonde or the blatant Two-Face rip-off arc we just got, but not far off.
Jun 7, 2021 1:48 PM

Sep 2017
The pacing here felt like it should have been a 2 episode arc, but I guess it's leading into something with Milverton so perhaps they wanted to get to that in time for season finale stuff.
Jun 7, 2021 5:09 PM

Mar 2016
tomarwan said:
FuMomo-kun said:

This is one of the first stories released by Conan Doyle. If I remember correctly, this is the story where
The other released stories (most of them), occur before the events of the "The Sign of the Four".

There is the conversation between Holmes and Miss Hudson where she said that Mary is a pretty lady, and Holmes replied that he didn't notice. In the novel,

At first, I thought this anime is gonna be another "Kabukichou Sherlock" (which I dropped after 3 episode), and I couldn't be more wrong. This adaption is interesting and It has its moments of suspense and thrill.

Didn't Sherlock and John meet Irene after John got married and moved out? And Mycroft: John was supposed to meet him way later. I can't understand why they'd change so much of the order of events. Keeping the original order would have made this feel more like a story from the original villain's POV.

I do find this anime interesting, but this season, the story has been quite weak. The thrill of season 1 is completely absent here.
Jun 7, 2021 10:57 PM
Apr 2014
FuMomo-kun said:
Didn't Sherlock and John meet Irene after John got married and moved out? And Mycroft: John was supposed to meet him way later. I can't understand why they'd change so much of the order of events. Keeping the original order would have made this feel more like a story from the original villain's POV.

"A Scandal in Bohemia" (the story where Irene first appears) has been released after "The Sign of the Four". However, The events in "A Scandal in Bohemia" take place before the events in "The Sign of the Four". The same with the stories where Mycroft Holmes first appears. Also, "The Final Problem" (where Holmes meets James Moriarty for the first time) takes place after "The Sign of the Four".

They didn't change the order much except for James Moriarty first appearance. But then again, It's an original anime that revolves around James Moriarty instead of Sherlock Holmes, so I don't mind it.
Jun 8, 2021 12:47 AM

Mar 2016
tomarwan said:
FuMomo-kun said:

"A Scandal in Bohemia" (the story where Irene first appears) has been released after "The Sign of the Four". However, The events in "A Scandal in Bohemia" take place before the events in "The Sign of the Four". The same with the stories where Mycroft Holmes first appears. Also, "The Final Problem" (where Holmes meets James Moriarty for the first time) takes place after "The Sign of the Four".

They didn't change the order much except for James Moriarty first appearance. But then again, It's an original anime that revolves around James Moriarty instead of Sherlock Holmes, so I don't mind it.

I just looked it up on Wiki and the book itself. So, the date given in the text says "The Sign of the Four" takes place after "The Scandal in Bohemia", but according to the second and third paragraphs of "A Scandal in Bohemia", Watson has moved out and is living with his wife, and working as a doctor again. He meets Sherlock one day on his way back from work, which is when the Irene's story takes place. So, that should mean he's already met Mary before Irene. Unless he had another wife before Mary.
This is confusing me! (ไธ€ใ€‚ไธ€;;๏ผ‰

With Mycroft, they changed too much. He is no longer the same character. I really wanted to see Sherlock having conversations similar to "The Greek Interpreter".

"The Final Problem", hopefully, is the final arc and not just a single episode. And, I hope Moriarty doesn't pull an "Empty House" just to keep the story longer.
Jun 8, 2021 2:40 AM

Sep 2010
Judevin said:
Sherlock's reaction to John's marriage is the same as Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr.
It would be funny going forward if we see Sherlock get more possessive of John like the movie too.

Kinda hard. Watson matters to Sherlock but someone else matters more.

FuMomo-kun said:
."The Final Problem", hopefully, is the final arc and not just a single episode. And, I hope Moriarty doesn't pull an "Empty House" just to keep the story longer.

The Final Problem is not the manga final arc, it continues after a timeskip. Three years like you suspected. Spoilers ahead, don't click if you don't want to be spoiled:

ThessJun 8, 2021 3:07 AM
Jun 8, 2021 3:19 AM
Jul 2018
A new case I liked how Sherlock Holmes got the answer from the treasure case plus the
Milverton.
Jun 8, 2021 7:59 AM

Mar 2016
Thess said:
FuMomo-kun said:
."The Final Problem", hopefully, is the final arc and not just a single episode. And, I hope Moriarty doesn't pull an "Empty House" just to keep the story longer.

The Final Problem is not the manga final arc, it continues after a timeskip. Three years like you suspected. Spoilers ahead, don't click if you don't want to be spoiled:

I have not read the spoilers, but Moriarty doesn't die? Seriously? It was the thought that we were heading in that direction that had made me enjoy the story. I wanted to see what would drive the Moriarty here to make him want to kill Sherlock so much!
Because of the amazing season 1, I want to see where this was heading, but it's starting to feel more and more like an action shounen anime.
Jun 8, 2021 9:28 AM

Sep 2010
FuMomo-kun said:
I have not read the spoilers, but Moriarty doesn't die? Seriously? .

If you don't read the spoilers, that's fine. But remember there are three men called "James Moriarty." This is the cover for Chapter 55, the Final Problem, last act. And we're currently on chapter 59, for the timeskip.
I don't think the anime will reach the timeskip, not enough episodes. Besides I mentioned this before, but those second OP lyrics, Twisted Hearts, if the first OP - Dying Wish- seemed Wiliam's fatalistic POV about his chosen fate, are obviously Sherlock's POV toward him and wouldn't make sense not to end it in that arc.
ThessJun 8, 2021 9:50 AM
Jun 8, 2021 10:32 AM

Mar 2016
Thess said:
FuMomo-kun said:
I have not read the spoilers, but Moriarty doesn't die? Seriously? .

If you don't read the spoilers, that's fine. But remember there are three men called "James Moriarty." This is the cover for Chapter 55, the Final Problem, last act. And we're currently on chapter 59, for the timeskip.
I don't think the anime will reach the timeskip, not enough episodes. Besides I mentioned this before, but those second OP lyrics, Twisted Hearts, if the first OP - Dying Wish- seemed Wiliam's fatalistic POV about his chosen fate, are obviously Sherlock's POV toward him and wouldn't make sense not to end it in that arc.

Oh, if it's the remaining two Moriarties, I'd be fine, I guess. I do know that Sebastian Moran appears only after Moriarty is gone. So, we know he never stops being faithful to Moriarty. It wouldn't be odd if the remaining two brothers still did their Lord of Crime thing.
Jun 8, 2021 1:45 PM
Jul 2019

LOL, C'mon Sherlock, there's Miss Hudson if you want to have a life partner, LOL.....

So, with the treasure gone and Milverton wants to blackmail Mary, the question now is, does she still have a thing for Watson?????
Jun 8, 2021 2:55 PM

Mar 2017
That was a nice adaptation of The Sign Of The Four and it perfectly connected Holmes to Milverton... which means that Milverton has now made an enemy of Moriarty ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ Sherlock. If he wasn't screwed before, he definitely is now.

I like where this is heading - Sherlock & Moriarty have a common enemy now and one that is pretty formidable. It looks like we headed for a little team up and that would be so freakin' awesome. I could also be really wrong about that though haha
Jun 13, 2021 1:06 AM
May 2019
they could have made some characters so much better. mycroft at least, he doesnt look like anything from book. anyway love the show and concept of it, but it doesnt have "sherlock vibes" for me :((
Jun 17, 2021 8:54 PM

Mar 2010
Mary was sketchy from the start. Thought she was in love with sherlock at first lol Glad she wasn't evil
Jun 22, 2021 3:54 PM

May 2016
All this time I had my doubts about Mary but I guess she wasn't guilty after all.
Jul 5, 2021 6:36 PM

Apr 2018
Holmes reaction to John getting married was priceless LOL.
Toby the doggy xD
Rip the treasure chest too, that was an massive amount of fucking gold,jewels etc..
Milverton is back again, blackmailing John's future wife.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 6, 2021 10:25 PM
Dec 2020
Great episode again Moriarty the patriot just keeps on impressing. I’m gonna have to pick up some Sherlock Holmes books man I love this Series. I’m happy johns wife isn’t doing it for her self but for blackmail and she doesn’t want her wedding to be stopped. She’s a good girl. These next few episodes gonna be bangers.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ”ฅโค๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป.
Jul 19, 2021 8:49 AM

Mar 2020
KusoKao20 said:
Mary Morstan in this anime series is voiced by Nakahara Mai.

And John is Voiced by Ono Yuuki.

So Basically my Kashima x Hori ship has sailed huh XD
Subscribe to my Youtube : Rosvl Studio

I post Skits, Fingerstyle about Anime, F1 and many more :)

Link In My Profile!!
Aug 5, 2021 9:38 PM

Jan 2021
Finally some more good action of Sherlock
Sep 2, 2021 1:47 PM

Feb 2017
Milverton is threatening the Sherlock side as well, so this man did not plan very wisely by uniting Moriarty and Sherlock against him. I look forward to his coming just desserts...
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Mar 29, 2022 8:07 AM

Apr 2016
Milverton now trying to ruin engagement too, this guy needs a new hobby.
Aug 2, 2022 1:05 PM

Jul 2015
Not the wisest decision by Milverton to not only be involved with the Moriarty crew but now also with the Sherlock Holmes.

Aug 15, 2022 7:40 PM
Oct 2019
I didn't see the end of that one coming.
Main Candy:

Bonus Candy:

Oct 6, 2022 7:59 PM

Aug 2019
Someone needs to put Agustus in his place since he's starting to irritate me.

like he's such a cunt
Dec 8, 2022 8:10 AM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
Well, Sherlock and Moriarty have the same enemy now, Milverton!!! kekeke
Dec 24, 2022 7:18 AM

Dec 2013
Damn, so Milverton was also involved in this case too. So Mary was not interested with the treasure for personal gain but she was blackmailed 

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Sep 18, 2023 12:31 PM
May 2023
Review en Español and English

Buen episodio, volvio Sherlock a escena con un interesante caso a peticion de la novia de Watson, lastima que son era un pantalla para quedarse con el tesero ya que la estaba siendo chatajeanda por el ¨Rey de los chantajes¨ Charles Augustus Milverton, ahora son Moriarty y (tal vez) Sherlock los que van tras el

Good episode, Sherlock returned to the scene with an interesting case at the request of Watson's girlfriend, it's a shame they were a cover to obtain the treasure, since she was being blackmailed by the "King of Blackmail" Charles Augustus Milverton, now Moriarty and ( maybe) Sherlock are going to go after him
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2021

137 by MalinaNi »»
May 18, 9:58 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2021

169 by Ricky16 »»
May 10, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2021

57 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2021

75 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2021

46 by ReganDesu »»
Feb 7, 5:49 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.