Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 3, 2018 11:32 AM

Jul 2015
Oof I love this show
Feb 3, 2018 11:50 AM

Mar 2014
That look her dad gave threw me off since the manga handled it differently ....Yuzu continues to be one of my favorite leads in a romance anime.. Feel bad for her though. She's giving up her love because she thinks Mei needs more family love which is both true and false as people will see coming soon

Aint nothing wrong with being a bit selfish Yuzu
Feb 3, 2018 11:53 AM

Mar 2016
Mei's dad looks really younger, at thay last moment I thought "well, Momokino is out of the equation... let's just add daddy, he is back and fits with the triangle". We'll see where this is going...
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Feb 3, 2018 12:17 PM
Jul 2018
So yuzu mother had a wedding with a person who she has never met. Nicely done!
Feb 3, 2018 12:18 PM

Jul 2014
Hibikase said:

Citrus thus far has been a show that fails on many fronts to say anything meaningful, even though it had many opportunities and potential themes that could've been focused on and explored to greater lengths to give this show depth. However, I can perfectly accept this show as a somewhat trashy soap-opera/popcorn entertainment that doesn't take itself too seriously. The characters dynamics are enjoyable enough to watch, and nothing plot-wise sticks out as being particularly egregious, albeit shallow. The way the show presents drama is almost comedic at times, and is probably due to how poorly it handles tone shifts.

Completely agree with this, especially the last sentence. But I've never wanted to drop it, I mean, despite everything, I have fun. ^^
Feb 3, 2018 12:27 PM
Oct 2017
Shoujo-ai/yuri is cute <3
Feb 3, 2018 12:28 PM

May 2009
I really like the change of tone it's taking and how Mei and Yuzu seem to understand each other a lot better now.

Who even looks at their daughter like that?

He made such a creepy looking smile, I'm not even sure what it was supposed to mean.
Feb 3, 2018 1:13 PM

Sep 2012
DeadlyRaven said:
I really like the change of tone it's taking and how Mei and Yuzu seem to understand each other a lot better now.

He made such a creepy looking smile, I'm not even sure what it was supposed to mean.

I cant remember the exact page from manga but yea that look is kinda weird. Probably something about animation.
Feb 3, 2018 1:18 PM

May 2011
Yuzu went from being really obnoxious. To rather likable. It makes the show so much better when she acts more grounded, even if she's a horn dog that wants to dildo her step-sister.

This episode was really well paced with some not character development.

Mei's dad scares me though. I'm sensing pedo vibes there.
Feb 3, 2018 1:23 PM

Nov 2017
Well i didn't like it . I had no feeling while watching this episode unlike the previous episodes looks like they put so many events in One Episode which makes it a mess
[/URL]
Feb 3, 2018 1:41 PM

May 2009
sasalx said:
DeadlyRaven said:

I cant remember the exact page from manga but yea that look is kinda weird. Probably something about animation.

I really don't know if it's just the animation. He's making some really weird eyes when he sees Mei too.

I feel like I need to pick the manga again now, I'm too curious about what's going on with that. >.>
Feb 3, 2018 1:42 PM

Dec 2008
antabakax said:
I got annoyed by this episode, Yuzu is thinking only about kissing & doing other stuff with Mei when what she needs is support, she doesn't want to play around

I mean, did you watch the entire episode?

Yuzu comes to the realization that what Mei needs is a family more than a lover, which is why she decides to behave more like an older sister, even though that's not what she herself wants.
Feb 3, 2018 1:47 PM

Sep 2015
I thought they were going to go all out this episode but I guess not, this was my second favorite manga chapter (Chapter 6), so it's kinda sad, but I see why they did some of the things they did.

But did they have to cut out this? X_X

Okay, so next episode should be the first climax, and from there, things will get bumpy in many good and weird ways. The only annoying thing will be Matsuri, I just hope they give her less screen time after her the next arc is over. Hopefully, the animation will also get a boost in the ensuing episodes because coming from the manga, quite frankly the art and animation are a bit disappointing, but I do think the sound design and composition make up for a lot of it. If not, I hope it gets fixed in blu-rays cuz I'm buying that shit when FUNimation releases it.

I enjoyed the episode, even as a manga reader, I give a solid 8/10.

Draconix814Feb 3, 2018 2:08 PM
Feb 3, 2018 1:49 PM

Sep 2015
Decent episode, it was enjoyable. But I'm somehow disappointed with how they animated some of the scenes, like the train and the graveyard, which were more powerful in the manga.
And as some people already pointed out, pace was really too fast for the events to have any meaningful impact.

I still have a lot of expectations for "that" scene (next ep or the one after depending on the pacing) so I hope they don't mess it up... Still looking forward to next week !
Feb 3, 2018 1:51 PM

May 2015
DeadlyRaven said:

He looks like the dude who would be stealing the MC's girl in a NTR story. xD

Feb 3, 2018 1:53 PM

Sep 2015
el_morris said:
Mei's dad looks really younger, at thay last moment I thought "well, Momokino is out of the equation... let's just add daddy, he is back and fits with the triangle". We'll see where this is going...

Um, this series is taboo, but it's not THAT taboo my dude. No guys are allowed to be part of the love triangles XD
Feb 3, 2018 1:57 PM

May 2009
Kittens-kun said:
DeadlyRaven said:

He really does, now with 50% more incest.
Feb 3, 2018 1:59 PM

Sep 2015
Kittens-kun said:
DeadlyRaven said:

Now that's a blatant misinterpretation. He's just a cool dude who's looking at his daughter and thinking "Ya gonna speak up anytime kiddo?".
Feb 3, 2018 2:01 PM

Sep 2015
DeadlyRaven said:
Kittens-kun said:

Heh. Don't count on that.
Feb 3, 2018 2:15 PM

May 2009
Draconix814 said:
Kittens-kun said:

Now that's a blatant misinterpretation. He's just a cool dude who's looking at his daughter and thinking "Ya gonna speak up anytime kiddo?".

Yeah, he could be, but it's still really creepy to me.

Draconix814 said:
DeadlyRaven said:

Well, I was making a joke, pretty sure I would stop watching if it ever took that road.
Feb 3, 2018 2:16 PM

Sep 2015
DeadlyRaven said:
Draconix814 said:

Yeah, he could be, but it's still really creepy to me.

Draconix814 said:

Well, I was making a joke, pretty sure I would stop watching if it ever took that road.

Lol I guess you got a point.
Feb 3, 2018 2:40 PM

Jan 2017
Legit, this episode was a bit sensual... Got me a little hot under the collar.
Yuzu was on such a roll an' now she's torn between trying to love Mei's and supporting Mei because she loves her T-T T-T

LEGIT, I thought somebody was gonna get murdered.
Feb 3, 2018 2:48 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
uninstallthegame said:
EcchiKingMamster said:
good fucking lord this is so hot

why does the score keep dropping?

you picky fucks

basically, 'cause it's a yurimouto and the story is lacking something, that's what i've read and heard

The manga has way more impact with its plot, it is almost 100% the same, but the way it is portrayed along with the art makes the difference!

Still there have been citrus episodes that surpassed the manga, like the last one, this one wasnt has good, sadly they didnt give it enough height to one of my favorite scenes (the graveward where Yuzu cries realizing Mei needs a sister and not a lover).

It was too much to ask to end the episode there, it would have been better if they did but wouldnt be realistic, makes more sense they ended it with the dad showing up.

But it would have been leagues better if they had add a more dramatic song to the graveward conclusion, with Yuzu crying loud and the scene fadding to black, like a moment of silence...

Next episode is going to be soo freaking hot and cute towards the end, I can really see where they will end.
They adapted around 50-55 pages here (1.5 chapter) and next time they will adapt more 55 pages (2 chapters, since one is really shorter).

Lets hope they put proper height to that ending scene, cuz I wanna have my brain melt and have an overdose of diabetes!
Feb 3, 2018 2:53 PM

May 2015
Draconix814 said:
Kittens-kun said:

I'm not shitting on his character or anything. I haven't read the manga, so I have no idea what he's like. I was just making a joke about his appearance in that scene.

Feb 3, 2018 3:10 PM
Dec 2013
I'm gonna start calling this Sexual Assault the TV series
Feb 3, 2018 3:12 PM

Sep 2015
Kittens-kun said:
Draconix814 said:

I'm not shitting on his character or anything. I haven't read the manga, so I have no idea what he's like. I was just making a joke about his appearance in that scene.

I thought it was written on his face but ok
Feb 3, 2018 3:16 PM
Jun 2016
Nice to see the father show up been wondering at times if he even existed heh.
Feb 3, 2018 3:19 PM

Dec 2017
Playcool said:

The manga has way more impact with its plot, it is almost 100% the same, but the way it is portrayed along with the art makes the difference!

Still there have been citrus episodes that surpassed the manga, like the last one, this one wasnt has good, sadly they didnt give it enough height to one of my favorite scenes (the graveward where Yuzu cries realizing Mei needs a sister and not a lover).

It was too much to ask to end the episode there, it would have been better if they did but wouldnt be realistic, makes more sense they ended it with the dad showing up.

But it would have been leagues better if they had add a more dramatic song to the graveward conclusion, with Yuzu crying loud and the scene fadding to black, like a moment of silence...

Next episode is going to be soo freaking hot and cute towards the end, I can really see where they will end.
They adapted around 50-55 pages here (1.5 chapter) and next time they will adapt more 55 pages (2 chapters, since one is really shorter).

Lets hope they put proper height to that ending scene, cuz I wanna have my brain melt and have an overdose of diabetes!

well, that's the problem with manga to anime adaptations, you read the manga and love it. you watch the anime and it seems odd, because it's different from the image you had in your head

at least that's the problem for me, i set the level too high and now it disappoints me
Feb 3, 2018 3:32 PM
Dec 2013
EcchiKingMamster said:

you picky fucks

This show is a mess. It's one of those turn your brain off and just watch it and don't question what you see shows.

It's a chain of psychologically unhealthy people in unhealthy relationships. Mei is to me the major issue with the show. I've watched all the episodes and honestly I can't really tell where she stands on her supposed step sister's lust for her. Her kissing her sister seems completely out of character for her.

Honestly if all the romance on one sides romance was removed from this show and it was just about step sisters bonding and growing closer it would be a much better show.

Either that are remove the step sister aspect and have it be a pure romance show without the family concept.
Feb 3, 2018 3:43 PM

Jan 2018
Mei's dad had a really scary look at the end.
Feb 3, 2018 3:43 PM

Dec 2017
stone616 said:
I've watched all the episodes and honestly I can't really tell where she stands on her supposed step sister's lust for her. Her kissing her sister seems completely out of character for her.

you what? all of the episodes? you mean 5/12 that aired so far?
Feb 3, 2018 3:48 PM

Oct 2017
This ep was pretty good, but I was a little creeped out at the end. Mei's dad comes in and is all happy and silly, but as soon as he saw Mei he got that creepy look on his face and I did not like it.
Feb 3, 2018 3:50 PM
Dec 2013
uninstallthegame said:
stone616 said:
I've watched all the episodes and honestly I can't really tell where she stands on her supposed step sister's lust for her. Her kissing her sister seems completely out of character for her.

Yeah all the episodes so far there's been 5. To this point outside the random kisses she's shown no romantic interest in Yuzu. The show is mostly just Yuzu obsessing over Mei somewhat hot and cold treatment of her riding that treatment up and down.

We're 42% done with the series and this remains the case.
Feb 3, 2018 3:56 PM

Dec 2017
stone616 said:
uninstallthegame said:

Yeah all the episodes so far there's been 5. To this point outside the random kisses she's shown no romantic interest in Yuzu. The show is mostly just Yuzu obsessing over Mei somewhat hot and cold treatment of her riding that treatment up and down.

you know what? i can agree with you on this one, it goes 1 by 1 with manga without skipping details and it's just too much build up for 12 episodes,

but i predict that the ending will fall either on a positive note, or on a cliffhanger, which will suck ass, because i don't think this will get a season 2 any time soon
Feb 3, 2018 4:03 PM

May 2015
Probably the best episode so far. Holy damn, Mei's lips were beautifully animated for a second during the crêpe scene, though.

And looks like Mei's dad made his appearance! Although, the way he looked at her was unusual for sure, lmao.

Feb 3, 2018 4:51 PM
Dec 2013
uninstallthegame said:
stone616 said:

you know what? i can agree with you on this one, it goes 1 by 1 with manga without skipping details and it's just too much build up for 12 episodes,

but i predict that the ending will fall either on a positive note, or on a cliffhanger, which will suck ass, because i don't think this will get a season 2 any time soon

Considering a series like Skip Beat never got a second season I wouldn't expect this one to get one either. 12 episodes is likely all we get.
Feb 3, 2018 6:01 PM

Oct 2017
I lovee the series so far. It gets better with every episode. I felt a lot of character development in all of the main cast minus Harumi, and I'm so happy to see Shou come back at the end in order to the family to meet Yuzu. This episode was funny, heart warming, and sad all in the short timespan. If you hated the series up to this point, i think tink this episode will really make you understand why I love this series. Also the scene in where Shou hugged Yuzu and she mistaked it for sexual assault was hilarious OMG. It kinda reminds me of the innocence of Son Goku and when Bulma mistook some of his actions as sexual but they weren't. Oh the hilarious scenes. OMG THE GRAVEYARD SCENE MADE ME CRY AS I LOST A FAMILY MEMBER WHEN I WAS YOUNG AND IT JUST CLICKED. IF I WERE TO HAVE A NEW SIBLING, I WOULD HAVE TO DO WHAT YUZU DID AS IT WOULD HELP ME WITH MY GRIEVING. I CANT BELIEVE ITS BEEN 8 YEARS SINCE THAT FAMILY MEMBER DIED. Yeah this episode felt really relatable to me.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Feb 3, 2018 6:36 PM

Jan 2014
stone616 said:
EcchiKingMamster said:

you picky fucks

This show is a mess. It's one of those turn your brain off and just watch it and don't question what you see shows.

It's a chain of psychologically unhealthy people in unhealthy relationships. Mei is to me the major issue with the show. I've watched all the episodes and honestly I can't really tell where she stands on her supposed step sister's lust for her. Her kissing her sister seems completely out of character for her.

Honestly if all the romance on one sides romance was removed from this show and it was just about step sisters bonding and growing closer it would be a much better show.

Either that are remove the step sister aspect and have it be a pure romance show without the family concept.

I have to say I completely agree. Everyone in this show is mentally unstable lmao (and I'm not saying that to be rude).

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Feb 3, 2018 6:47 PM

May 2014
Great episode!
Seems like they were laying on the fanservice real thick the previous episodes, but it's definitely been toned down. Feels like we're slowly getting more substance with Mei x Yuzu which could never be a bad thing!

Himeko was also TOLERABLE this episode, which was a welcome change.

That ending as well!!
Apparently Mei's Dad is fine af, which makes sense because she's a stunner. With him added to the mix, who knows what's gonna happen? I'm looking forward to the next ep!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2018 7:04 PM

May 2015
Well this is the second anime that has referenced the Philippines this season (The other one being Killing Bites)

This episode felt a little speedy, jumping from one scene to another, but it wasn't really a big deal.

The triangle ended quickly, but it ended on a good note. Yuzu thinking for her sister and Himeko. Good Girl Yuzu.

Mei's dad...based on how he looks...oh boy, please don't tell me he's that type of father who does that to his daughter...
Feb 3, 2018 7:15 PM

May 2017
Draconix814 said:
Kittens-kun said:

I thought it was written on his face but ok

It doesn't look creepy tbh, this "smirk" but I see it as a smile like hey it's been a long time my daughter. I've read the manga but even if I didn't I think I will have the same conclusion, people just watch too much hentai I guess. They didn't zoom in the "smirk" nuff said
Feb 3, 2018 8:15 PM
May 2016
First episode without a kiss but Yuzu did lick Mei's ear hehe 😋

It's so refreshing to a yuri love story like this... Yuzu is completely in love with Mei and she struggles to deal with it
Feb 3, 2018 8:56 PM
Jul 2018
Wha.. another obstacle to Mei X Yuzu moments Didn't expect her dad's look will remind me of villianish :| Otherwise, this episode was good because there were lots of innocent Mei X Yuzu moments and not to mention Yuzu finally developing into at least likable character.
removed-userFeb 3, 2018 8:59 PM
Feb 3, 2018 9:18 PM

Sep 2015
uninstallthegame said:
stone616 said:

¿Por que no los dos?
Feb 3, 2018 9:27 PM

Mar 2008
The end of this episode = Onichichi
Feb 3, 2018 10:48 PM

Dec 2016
Yuzu is pretty damn selfish with everything regarding Mei, like no matter what she does she always has the angle that she wants Mei to love her in some way. I don't hate it, just pointing it out and I want to see how much her character may change from now
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 3, 2018 11:51 PM

Jan 2018
I don't think these girls could ever resolve what's really wrong with each other.

Especially considering Mei has some sort of shit for her dad?? Her mentally unstable ways of affection seems pretty clear that her dad or 'sensei' did some wack shit with her lol

「 what comes after the rain? 」
add meanime listmanga list

Feb 4, 2018 2:15 AM

Jul 2009
It's hard being Yuzu...poor girl, she is in love but she knows that right now Mei needs to get her family problems solved (like always ,anyway...), that scene in the cemetery was well done, but in the manga, since we choose the time to flip the page it was more emotional.
Shou just looks like a high hippie and his purple eyes might scare some people, but don't get insane
anime watchers only, he is not a bad person.
Feb 4, 2018 2:17 AM
Jun 2017
I really 💓 Citrus anime... hahaha..
Nice episode for today... like it
Feb 4, 2018 3:39 AM

Feb 2014
I read the manga and didn't expect Shou to be that tan.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Any hope for season 2?

DwaipayanH - Mar 3

15 by Sammango »»
Mar 8, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

108 by JeremiahOrange »»
Jan 31, 4:13 AM

» prediction: your first reaction will be "I'm disappointed" ( 1 2 )

GangsterCat - Nov 28, 2016

60 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:15 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

200 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

157 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 22, 2023 1:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.