Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 11, 2016 4:51 PM

May 2009
Natsume should just adopt all the youkai children he meets because he's always so kind to them!
This was so bittersweet, I wished the old man had seen just a glimpse of her at the hospital T-T
At least she got a cute towel as a gift :)
Oct 11, 2016 5:19 PM

Feb 2012
I have to admit, when I first read this in the manga, I was CONVINCED the kind old man would be Natsumes grandfather. I was dissapointed that he wasn't lol.
This episode is the relaxing, simple, melancholic delight that made me fall in love with the series in the first place. The kindness Natsume shows towards that little girl spirit, the sadness of the old man not remembering the child in the rain... I loved every second.
Oct 11, 2016 5:25 PM

Nov 2007
You signed-in for this knowingly so stop complaining, tear-ducts. T_T
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 11, 2016 5:44 PM
Jul 2018
It was easy to get immersed into this episode. Series that can make me zone out from every fraction of stress like this series triggers positive feedback. There was both a feeling of joy and sadness in this episode, and all of it was portrayed in a very realistic, relative, way.

A few things stood out to me the most in this episode. Of course, the recognition that the kind old man gave to the Youkai girl he received her towel she wanted to give him from before through Takashi, to what Takashi had said in his room before falling asleep to Nyanko about how the suffering between human and Youkai came about through their meeting of each other and co-existing with each other within the world.

There are few series that have the calming and peaceful effect that Natsume Yuujinchou has. Overall, season 5 is nothing but a compliment.
Oct 11, 2016 6:39 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Very lovely episode.

The little girl was pretty cute, especially when she was hugging Nyanko.
I like how Natsume's friends got a bit of screentime, enjoy seeing Natsume interact with his classmates.

The granddaughter surprisingly didn't call the cops and was rather tolerant of Natsume's persistence in talking to her.

Preview for next episode, was that Hiiragi being show?

Oct 11, 2016 6:39 PM

Nov 2007
I am not going to watch Natsume Yuujichou in front of roommate ever again, i teared up.
Oct 11, 2016 7:19 PM

Jul 2011
"Farewell."

-starts bawling-

What the actual fk. I was perfectly fine up to that scene. T_T

I love this series. T_T
Oct 11, 2016 7:40 PM

Jun 2015
Perfect episode, tear jerking..

The moment when that kid hugged Nyanko sensei is priceless
Oct 11, 2016 7:43 PM

Jun 2010
You're already crying and then the end by Aimer starts playing and you just die.
Oct 11, 2016 8:35 PM

Jun 2014
Such a beautiful, yet sad episode! Had me crying by the end and the ED song made it even more of a tear jerker.

It was so sad that he didn't remember giving the girl his towel!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 11, 2016 8:39 PM
Jul 2015
Very simple, yet beautiful and touching episode. Great job, I can never get tired of this. Easily 5/5 for me....
Oct 11, 2016 9:45 PM
Oct 2016
This episode is really great but 1 thing is bothering me, the girl never mentions her name but somehow MC figures out her name is "Taki", how is that?
Is it because of his grandma's "Book of Names" thing? I haven't watched the previous season, heck I think this season is the first time I've heard of this title lol
Oct 11, 2016 9:57 PM

Nov 2014
OMG. That loli is so cute! Who is her seiyuu?
Oct 11, 2016 10:15 PM
Aug 2011
ZzVaynEzZ said:
This episode is really great but 1 thing is bothering me, the girl never mentions her name but somehow MC figures out her name is "Taki", how is that?

Oh no no no!
Taki is a another girl we meet in season 2, who has certain abilities and she is also Nastsume's friend.
Her name is only mentioned here because Natsume was wondering if Taki would've been able to help the little youkai girl be seen by the old man in the hospital. That's why he later says "That doesn't always work".

If you are interested in any of this please go back and watch all the other seasons instead of this one first.
You are doing yourself a disservice by starting here, since all these other character introductions have already been established by this point.

As for the episode itself it was so sweet and even better than the first ep. Such simplicity truly reaches my heart.<3
standOct 11, 2016 10:26 PM
Oct 11, 2016 10:29 PM

Aug 2008
Beautiful episode with feels.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 11, 2016 10:54 PM

Feb 2014
Such a touching and heartwarming episode. This was as good as anything from the first season, which to me was the best one. It was also a return to form after a somewhat fast paced first episode, probably because it had to get the (re)introduction of the characters and the series out of the way.
Oct 11, 2016 11:04 PM
Jun 2015
The feels :,(

Next episode looks interesting
Oct 12, 2016 12:36 AM

Nov 2010
Oh dear god, that was beautiful. <3
Oct 12, 2016 1:23 AM
Nov 2013
It was good and heartwarming story about the child youkai and human.

Now, I got excited because the next episode.
OMG, I so want to see and hear Matoba! XD
Oct 12, 2016 2:09 AM

Nov 2013
damn it, why is that youkai has to be cute little girl. she didnt deserve to feel sad.
Oct 12, 2016 2:13 AM

Nov 2007
ZzVaynEzZ said:
Is it because of his grandma's "Book of Names" thing? I haven't watched the previous season, heck I think this season is the first time I've heard of this title lol

Here is your answer: Tooru Taki

You seriously haven't heard of Natsume Yuujinchou?

- It's one of the few anime that are ranked in every anime site in www (English and Japanese).
- It is the only anime adapted from a shoujo manga to have received four seasons prior to this (5th).
- It is adapted from the only long running shoujo manga that has sold well over 400K (at the very least) per volume up until now.
- It is the only shoujo anime that has sold 19K+ discs on average per volume/season. (anything over 3.5K is thought to have done good in the market, over 5K is great, over 6.5K is excellent and over 10K is superb when it comes to numbers, just for comparison if you are not aware).

One must never claim that they have been watching anime for a while if they have never come across Natsume Yuujinchou. Its status in the anime world is same as any mainstream anime. Well, now you know!
shanimebibOct 12, 2016 2:17 AM
Coronavirus.
Oct 12, 2016 2:54 AM

Jun 2016
This episode was beautiful, with lots of feels. You can tell that Natsume has matured a lot. I get immersed in this world every time.. :) makes want to go back and re-watch previous seasons..
Oct 12, 2016 3:29 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Another beatiful story about a girl youkai, a mistery men and a towel...That i said, beautiful!!!
Oct 12, 2016 5:39 AM
Jul 2012
Great episode, although it wasn't very healthy for heart.
JinsabelFeb 1, 2018 3:23 PM
Oct 12, 2016 5:50 AM

Aug 2011
mizukasa said:
OMG. That loli is so cute! Who is her seiyuu?

Yurika Kubo

Hanayo u's love live and TORIKAJI IPPAIIIII!!!!
Oct 12, 2016 6:23 AM

Aug 2013
aww this episode is simply beautiful :3
I really love the cute Youkai, I hope to see her again in the future episode

tho I can't keep my pants to wait for the next episode! Natori-san's back~!

Oct 12, 2016 7:01 AM

Dec 2008
Heartstrings tugged. This show is just perfect.
Oct 12, 2016 8:10 AM

Feb 2015
What a beautiful yet sad episode. I didn't expect that this cute little youkai girl stories would make me teared up. Plus with that ending followed by the Aimer songs. OH DEAR~
Oct 12, 2016 9:33 AM

Jul 2014
It really impresses me how after 50+ episodes this show can still consistently pull out excellent, heart-warming episodes such as this without feeling like they're repeating something they've already done before. I'll be more than happy if this season continues like this, though seeing Matoba again next week should be interesting.
Oct 12, 2016 10:18 AM

Nov 2011
Really good this episode, for the umpteenth time, I shed so many tears, the story really poignant. Pleasant comedy, during the narration. Drawings and animations, excellent. I love this anime!
Also note how the narrative, gives more attention to the maturity of Natsume's character, great!
Oct 12, 2016 10:32 AM

May 2010
Hey, does anyone know the name of the OST track that plays during the preview for the next episode? Is it new, or was it in previous seasons? I don't remember. x__x
Oct 12, 2016 5:26 PM

Aug 2015
Natsume Yuujinchou really knows how to make bittersweet endings for such an episodic show. I hope we get to see more of that youkai.
Oct 12, 2016 7:03 PM

Mar 2016
I'M NOT CRYING, YOU'RE CRYING! x-x This episode was so sweet.

I also feel really bad for Nishimura lol.
Oct 12, 2016 9:20 PM

Oct 2007
shanimebib said:
ZzVaynEzZ said:

Here is your answer: Tooru Taki

You seriously haven't heard of Natsume Yuujinchou?

- It's one of the few anime that are ranked in every anime site in www (English and Japanese).
- It is the only anime adapted from a shoujo manga to have received four seasons prior to this (5th).
- It is adapted from the only long running shoujo manga that has sold well over 400K (at the very least) per volume up until now.
- It is the only shoujo anime that has sold 19K+ discs on average per volume/season. (anything over 3.5K is thought to have done good in the market, over 5K is great, over 6.5K is excellent and over 10K is superb when it comes to numbers, just for comparison if you are not aware).

One must never claim that they have been watching anime for a while if they have never come across Natsume Yuujinchou. Its status in the anime world is same as any mainstream anime. Well, now you know!

tbh I watch anime since a long time but this franchise never crossed my attention. Dunno how "mainstream" it is, but given how a lot of low quality anime is mainstream nowadays, I wouldn't call that a positive.

Anyway, I liked both eps, I will definitely check the previous seasons when I have the time.
Oct 12, 2016 9:50 PM

Nov 2007
belial said:
tbh I watch anime since a long time but this franchise never crossed my attention. Dunno how "mainstream" it is, but given how a lot of low quality anime is mainstream nowadays, I wouldn't call that a positive.

Anyway, I liked both eps, I will definitely check the previous seasons when I have the time.

There is a difference between crossing one's attention or not (like you said, i.e. you know it by name, but simply didn't have interest and/or time) AND coming across or not (like you never heard of it). The reason I have mentioned mainstream is not to compare quality but to compare exposure.

Also, you'll be probably confused starting next episode as characters from the previous seasons will appear. Natsume maybe episodic anime in a whole but there is a plot running in between the episodic nature of the series. Your enjoyment will be far less compared to those who have already known the human characters like Matoba, Natori, Taki, Tamura or youkai characters like Hinoe, Hiiragi, Misuzu. You simply won't understand the chemistry between these characters; why they feel attached or appalled to one another; how they have grown over time and so on.

If you are enjoying it as is, then it's all good.
Coronavirus.
Oct 12, 2016 10:11 PM

Aug 2013
ZzVaynEzZ said:

taki is the name of natsume's friend (tooru taki). she didn't appear in this season yet
Oct 12, 2016 10:30 PM

May 2016

i have nothing to say about this cute
Oct 12, 2016 10:33 PM

May 2016
ZzVaynEzZ said:

[url]https://myanimelist.net/character/19515/Tooru_Taki[/url]
she appeared in season 3
Oct 12, 2016 10:41 PM

Jul 2014
ZzVaynEzZ said:

Also Natsume only mentions Taki's name because she knows how to make a youkai circle that allows a human to see a youkai which will help the old man see the little girl. However Natsume rejects that idea because he thinks the man needs the same power that Taki and Tanuma has to see them.
Oct 13, 2016 1:50 AM

Jun 2013
damn that was sad :(
Oct 13, 2016 5:38 AM

Jul 2009
A very good episode, as always :)

Quite a huge relief the man was still alive, I was afraid he could be dead and that would be even more heartbreaking for that youkai girl. I wish there were more people like that grandpa around me. I'm still impressed how he acted. He didn't remember the girl (from what Natsume told him a grown woman now) and yet he decidided to believe in the story and give her another towel as a present just because some stranger boy asked him for something he could show her.
Oct 13, 2016 6:18 AM

Jul 2015
OMG the yokai's really cute, i was think she is cuter than the others yokai
Oct 13, 2016 6:50 AM

Jul 2015
Bittersweet ending
I love the interaction of natsume and the youkai girl
I laugh when natsume friend found out that the girl who lend the umbrella already has a boy friend lol
Next episode, Matoba arc again or only one eps
Manga reader, please tell me will it be long eps or just one eps??
Oct 13, 2016 8:54 AM

Oct 2009
This episode made me remember that one devoted swallow from the first season, so sad.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Oct 14, 2016 3:13 AM

Oct 2012
Poor Nishimura xD
Girls shouldn't do something like that, it's just like giving him hope then crush it

So cute xD

What a cute & nice episode
I wonder who's the little girl's seiyuu.. I think I've heard her voice somewhere before
"Signature removed"
Oct 14, 2016 6:01 AM

Feb 2012
A simple, yet powerful episode.
Oct 14, 2016 8:06 PM
Mar 2015
Natsume Yuujinshou, never betray your expectation since 2008.

Love how Natsume helps the youkai girl, somehow it left bit pain in my chest before that ending struck.
Oct 15, 2016 8:48 AM

Feb 2016
Dem feels. That's Natsume Yuujinchou for you, and damn it's so nostalgic.

I want to hug that little girl.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Oct 15, 2016 10:30 AM

Jul 2015
It was nice to see a child ayakashi again. This episode was a bit more sad and emotional and I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next episode, looks like we're getting some more information about exorcists.
Oct 16, 2016 6:08 AM

Jun 2008
Teared up D:
Really enjoyed this episode.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2016

63 by Mareep-chan »»
May 15, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2016

89 by shippidge »»
Mar 17, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2016

134 by Meritas »»
Jan 2, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2016

152 by Meritas »»
Sep 29, 2023 7:54 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2016

68 by Cieling_phan »»
Jul 19, 2023 1:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.