Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 11, 2016 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah looks like trouble with a youkai girl this episode.

Well I thought the episode was good, more emotional than the previous one. Feels like Natsume is also more mature this season. I like how he cares for the youkai girl and also helping bring create a sense of peace for her.
Oct 11, 2016 10:03 AM

Nov 2007
Rainy day, Kimura-san's character got a girl who gave her umbrella, and the towel from the girl youkai. She wants to find a human boy so that she can return the towel. The boy (actually becoming adult now) has used the bus station for 50 years until recently. She still remembers the smell of him, which came from a girl.

Kimura-san's character returned the umbrella, but she already has a boyfriend, lol~. So that boy (young man instead, though, and is old man now) is still alive, but currently in the hospital. It seems like he only saw little youkai during that one rainy day, and doesn't remember about it. Another towel given.

That creepy guy again...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 11, 2016 11:06 AM

Apr 2010
This was nice as usual it was worth the wait.
The girl asking for help this time was a nice ayakashi and very shy which was a bit funny to see.
Also that girl giving the umbrella was also a funny story.
Oct 11, 2016 12:27 PM

Mar 2015
This was nice, and sad.
I was thinking that the guy was dead, thank god i was wrong.

Matoba and Natori next.
Oct 11, 2016 12:40 PM

Sep 2015
This youkai is so cute *o*
I teared up a little, this story was so beautiful to watch

Unfortunately Matoba & the others are back next week, I hope it will be something good because I don't really like those characters
Oct 11, 2016 12:45 PM

Apr 2016
Beautiful episode! So many feels packed in a single episode. The girl youkai cherishing the towel reminded me of the fox-child and his watch. The new track which played during her flashback was really nice.

Lol at the granddaughter being suspicious of Natsume.

Natsume seems more mature this season. Next up, Matoba and the letter.
Oct 11, 2016 12:48 PM

May 2012
A happy yet sad ending.

Tough love from Nyanko-sensei

Next episode looks interesting; I always like the episodes involving those exorcists

Oct 11, 2016 12:58 PM

Jul 2012
Kinda sad that he doesn't remember her. Also poor Nishimura.

Matoba and Natori are in next episode~
Oct 11, 2016 1:10 PM

Aug 2010
Fuckin hell, why are Youkai stories so damn sad T^T
I always cry from shit like this with Youkai's life being so long yet they cherish that single encounter with a human that probably forgot them 4ever ;_;
So beautiful.

Loli-chan was way too adorable. I wish we got her name :(
Loved her Kisama XD And her calling Nyanko a mochi monster lmao

And this was wayyyy toooo cute
Oct 11, 2016 1:25 PM

Aug 2010
Aaah, this episode left such a mark in me back when I read the manga, and I'm so glad to see it now animated ; ; this little girl's story is just so pretty, and sad. The ending scene with the ED starting to play was very touching. I was expecting a bit more of the scene of her reencounter in the hospital, though (Haru wo Shiraseru mono track would have been a perfect choice for that part).

Oh and I'm a little scared for the animation, the characters don't look that great, but I'll get over it, I guess.

SolitaryGray said:
The new track which played during her flashback was really nice.

I agree! It was beautiful! Can't wait for the new OST to come out ^^

Natsume thank you again for coming back ; ; <3
sweetdropsOct 11, 2016 1:40 PM
Oct 11, 2016 1:42 PM

Mar 2013
I swear the only time I can feel these kinds of emotions is whenever I'm watching natsume mainly the youkai focused episodes and this was no exception. I'd also like to point out that as I was watching this it also just so happens to be raining. coincidence? I think not. ok I laughed when Nyanko sensei was called a mochi monster.
Oct 11, 2016 1:57 PM

Dec 2012
What a sweet episode.
LOL that little fight between Natsume & Nyanko-Sensei.
Poor Nishimura I'm sure you'll find someone eventually.

The Rain Youkai was so adorable.
Glad she was able to give back the towel to Sougo & receive a pretty towel in return. So heart warming in the end.

Natori & Matoba next week.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 11, 2016 2:17 PM

Dec 2012
That was a beautiful episode; plucking on the heart strings, that's for sure. This will probably be my favorite anime of the year.
Oct 11, 2016 2:35 PM

Dec 2015
I'm not crying! shut up!

No but really that was a beautiful and sad episode.
Oct 11, 2016 2:58 PM

Jan 2014
I almost started crying ;__;

Perfect episode
Oct 11, 2016 3:32 PM

Oct 2016
This show is soooo touching. I'll never get tired of Natsume.
Oct 11, 2016 4:26 PM
Feb 2014
Great episode as always. Just a short question. Does anyone know who the VA of the little girl was. I have heard this voice a lot but no matter how much I'm trying to remember I can't tell.
Oct 11, 2016 4:34 PM

Jul 2015
That got me right where it hurts. I have a knot on my throat and I legit can't speak right now
Oct 11, 2016 4:36 PM

Aug 2011
One word, Masterpiece..
Oct 11, 2016 4:47 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Here comes the water works. Natsume Yuujinchou never fails in making me cry many times each season. It was sad when the grandfather didn't remember the little youkai, yet she was still smiling at him and talking "with" him. It is unfortunate that one moment could have such a large impact on a youkai, who has a long life, where as it was just a passing incident in someone with a shorter life span. It was still sort of a happy ending for the youkai though :) And I love Natsume for being so persistent. All these youkai who have been helped by Natsume are lucky they met him.

Raheb-kun said:
Great episode as always. Just a short question. Does anyone know who the VA of the little girl was. I have heard this voice a lot but no matter how much I'm trying to remember I can't tell.

It's Kubo Yurika
Oct 11, 2016 4:51 PM

May 2009
Natsume should just adopt all the youkai children he meets because he's always so kind to them!
This was so bittersweet, I wished the old man had seen just a glimpse of her at the hospital T-T
At least she got a cute towel as a gift :)
Oct 11, 2016 5:19 PM

Feb 2012
I have to admit, when I first read this in the manga, I was CONVINCED the kind old man would be Natsumes grandfather. I was dissapointed that he wasn't lol.
This episode is the relaxing, simple, melancholic delight that made me fall in love with the series in the first place. The kindness Natsume shows towards that little girl spirit, the sadness of the old man not remembering the child in the rain... I loved every second.
Oct 11, 2016 5:25 PM

Nov 2007
You signed-in for this knowingly so stop complaining, tear-ducts. T_T
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 11, 2016 5:44 PM
Jul 2018
It was easy to get immersed into this episode. Series that can make me zone out from every fraction of stress like this series triggers positive feedback. There was both a feeling of joy and sadness in this episode, and all of it was portrayed in a very realistic, relative, way.

A few things stood out to me the most in this episode. Of course, the recognition that the kind old man gave to the Youkai girl he received her towel she wanted to give him from before through Takashi, to what Takashi had said in his room before falling asleep to Nyanko about how the suffering between human and Youkai came about through their meeting of each other and co-existing with each other within the world.

There are few series that have the calming and peaceful effect that Natsume Yuujinchou has. Overall, season 5 is nothing but a compliment.
Oct 11, 2016 6:39 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Very lovely episode.

The little girl was pretty cute, especially when she was hugging Nyanko.
I like how Natsume's friends got a bit of screentime, enjoy seeing Natsume interact with his classmates.

The granddaughter surprisingly didn't call the cops and was rather tolerant of Natsume's persistence in talking to her.

Preview for next episode, was that Hiiragi being show?

Oct 11, 2016 6:39 PM

Nov 2007
I am not going to watch Natsume Yuujichou in front of roommate ever again, i teared up.
Oct 11, 2016 7:19 PM

Jul 2011
"Farewell."

-starts bawling-

What the actual fk. I was perfectly fine up to that scene. T_T

I love this series. T_T
Oct 11, 2016 7:40 PM

Jun 2015
Perfect episode, tear jerking..

The moment when that kid hugged Nyanko sensei is priceless
Oct 11, 2016 7:43 PM

Jun 2010
You're already crying and then the end by Aimer starts playing and you just die.
Oct 11, 2016 8:35 PM

Jun 2014
Such a beautiful, yet sad episode! Had me crying by the end and the ED song made it even more of a tear jerker.

It was so sad that he didn't remember giving the girl his towel!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 11, 2016 8:39 PM
Jul 2015
Very simple, yet beautiful and touching episode. Great job, I can never get tired of this. Easily 5/5 for me....
Oct 11, 2016 9:45 PM
Oct 2016
This episode is really great but 1 thing is bothering me, the girl never mentions her name but somehow MC figures out her name is "Taki", how is that?
Is it because of his grandma's "Book of Names" thing? I haven't watched the previous season, heck I think this season is the first time I've heard of this title lol
Oct 11, 2016 9:57 PM

Nov 2014
OMG. That loli is so cute! Who is her seiyuu?
Oct 11, 2016 10:15 PM
Aug 2011
ZzVaynEzZ said:
This episode is really great but 1 thing is bothering me, the girl never mentions her name but somehow MC figures out her name is "Taki", how is that?

Oh no no no!
Taki is a another girl we meet in season 2, who has certain abilities and she is also Nastsume's friend.
Her name is only mentioned here because Natsume was wondering if Taki would've been able to help the little youkai girl be seen by the old man in the hospital. That's why he later says "That doesn't always work".

If you are interested in any of this please go back and watch all the other seasons instead of this one first.
You are doing yourself a disservice by starting here, since all these other character introductions have already been established by this point.

As for the episode itself it was so sweet and even better than the first ep. Such simplicity truly reaches my heart.<3
standOct 11, 2016 10:26 PM
Oct 11, 2016 10:29 PM

Aug 2008
Beautiful episode with feels.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 11, 2016 10:54 PM

Feb 2014
Such a touching and heartwarming episode. This was as good as anything from the first season, which to me was the best one. It was also a return to form after a somewhat fast paced first episode, probably because it had to get the (re)introduction of the characters and the series out of the way.
Oct 11, 2016 11:04 PM
Jun 2015
The feels :,(

Next episode looks interesting
Oct 12, 2016 12:36 AM

Nov 2010
Oh dear god, that was beautiful. <3
Oct 12, 2016 1:23 AM
Nov 2013
It was good and heartwarming story about the child youkai and human.

Now, I got excited because the next episode.
OMG, I so want to see and hear Matoba! XD
Oct 12, 2016 2:09 AM

Nov 2013
damn it, why is that youkai has to be cute little girl. she didnt deserve to feel sad.
Oct 12, 2016 2:13 AM

Nov 2007
ZzVaynEzZ said:
Is it because of his grandma's "Book of Names" thing? I haven't watched the previous season, heck I think this season is the first time I've heard of this title lol

Here is your answer: Tooru Taki

You seriously haven't heard of Natsume Yuujinchou?

- It's one of the few anime that are ranked in every anime site in www (English and Japanese).
- It is the only anime adapted from a shoujo manga to have received four seasons prior to this (5th).
- It is adapted from the only long running shoujo manga that has sold well over 400K (at the very least) per volume up until now.
- It is the only shoujo anime that has sold 19K+ discs on average per volume/season. (anything over 3.5K is thought to have done good in the market, over 5K is great, over 6.5K is excellent and over 10K is superb when it comes to numbers, just for comparison if you are not aware).

One must never claim that they have been watching anime for a while if they have never come across Natsume Yuujinchou. Its status in the anime world is same as any mainstream anime. Well, now you know!
shanimebibOct 12, 2016 2:17 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 12, 2016 2:54 AM

Jun 2016
This episode was beautiful, with lots of feels. You can tell that Natsume has matured a lot. I get immersed in this world every time.. :) makes want to go back and re-watch previous seasons..
Oct 12, 2016 3:29 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Another beatiful story about a girl youkai, a mistery men and a towel...That i said, beautiful!!!
Oct 12, 2016 5:39 AM
Jul 2012
Great episode, although it wasn't very healthy for heart.
JinsabelFeb 1, 2018 3:23 PM
Oct 12, 2016 5:50 AM

Aug 2011
mizukasa said:
OMG. That loli is so cute! Who is her seiyuu?

Yurika Kubo

Hanayo u's love live and TORIKAJI IPPAIIIII!!!!
Oct 12, 2016 6:23 AM

Aug 2013
aww this episode is simply beautiful :3
I really love the cute Youkai, I hope to see her again in the future episode

tho I can't keep my pants to wait for the next episode! Natori-san's back~!

Oct 12, 2016 7:01 AM

Dec 2008
Heartstrings tugged. This show is just perfect.
Oct 12, 2016 8:10 AM

Feb 2015
What a beautiful yet sad episode. I didn't expect that this cute little youkai girl stories would make me teared up. Plus with that ending followed by the Aimer songs. OH DEAR~
Oct 12, 2016 9:33 AM

Jul 2014
It really impresses me how after 50+ episodes this show can still consistently pull out excellent, heart-warming episodes such as this without feeling like they're repeating something they've already done before. I'll be more than happy if this season continues like this, though seeing Matoba again next week should be interesting.
Oct 12, 2016 10:18 AM

Nov 2011
Really good this episode, for the umpteenth time, I shed so many tears, the story really poignant. Pleasant comedy, during the narration. Drawings and animations, excellent. I love this anime!
Also note how the narrative, gives more attention to the maturity of Natsume's character, great!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2016

89 by shippidge »»
Mar 17, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2016

134 by Meritas »»
Jan 2, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2016

61 by Meritas »»
Dec 25, 2023 9:57 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2016

152 by Meritas »»
Sep 29, 2023 7:54 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2016

68 by Cieling_phan »»
Jul 19, 2023 1:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.