Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 13, 2015 1:38 PM

Apr 2011
Hmm? So this will be more of a prequel? Or will there be actually episodes that will take place after S1...was that mentioned anywhere?
Jul 13, 2015 1:40 PM

Aug 2013
vodall said:
So far, Repeat feels like a big, messy project made up of leftovers from the first season. It's still cute, but it's lost all the charm that it originally had.

The episode said it best:

lol i don't know what you want from this anime? it's a SoL where not really something happens and not really has a plot so there nothing to complain about wtf
Jul 13, 2015 1:44 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yeoun said:
vodall said:
So far, Repeat feels like a big, messy project made up of leftovers from the first season. It's still cute, but it's lost all the charm that it originally had.

The episode said it best:

lol i don't know what you want from this anime? it's a SoL where not really something happens and not really has a plot so there nothing to complain about wtf

Yeah, missing the point completely here. Non Non Biyori was never about plot, it's about the character interactions and the atmosphere. So i don't see the problem here (maybe Vodall sees a bigger picture here though :P) Same goes for everyone else, if you expect plot in this series, then you are watching the wrong series. A ''repeat'' should just not bug you in this anime.
Jul 13, 2015 1:49 PM
Mar 2013
KevinRammstein said:
Hmm? So this will be more of a prequel?

It's not a prequel but a set of stories that happened on inbetween the episodes of season 1.
htsujiJul 13, 2015 1:58 PM
Jul 13, 2015 1:54 PM

Apr 2011
htsuji said:
KevinRammstein said:
Hmm? So this will be more of a prequel?

It's not a prequel but a set of stories that happened on inbetween the episodes of season 1.

Only a set of them so some will be like a real "sequel"? If so, where did you get that info from?
Jul 13, 2015 1:57 PM

Jul 2012
Haha that ruler game was unnecessarily intense!

Really nice episode, it went by really fast though ;_;
Jul 13, 2015 1:58 PM

May 2015
Another nice episode! The episode was already over before I knew it. That knock-down-the-ruler game was pretty tense with that background music, lol. It's always funny when the brother's involved. And Renge, nyanpasu <3. Hotaru can be damn adorable herself too. And also those attack names, lmao. The ED really puts me at ease. Looking forward to next episode!

Jul 13, 2015 2:01 PM

Sep 2014
"Repeat" more like a remake of season 1, but more detailed one rather than season one, oh well, at least we have non non biyori again!

_lynxy_Jul 15, 2015 9:50 AM
Jul 13, 2015 2:03 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Did they seriously just sub 'Nyanpasu~' as 'Meowning'? What the fuck CR
Jul 13, 2015 2:03 PM

Apr 2011
A remake? That sounds like the content would be the same lol. I hope that doesn't happen, would be really stupid
MikuLove39Jul 13, 2015 2:25 PM
Jul 13, 2015 2:24 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
The first part of this episode was by far the most enjoyable I've ever seen from NNB. It almost felt like I was watching No Game No Life for a bit lol

Dunno about the ending though... I mean if you're in the countryside and have THAT much starlight at night I don't think it ought to be any problems whatsoever for a healthy teenager to see in the dark... well whatever :s
Jul 13, 2015 2:25 PM

Jul 2014
KevinRammstein said:
Hmm? So this will be more of a prequel? Or will there be actually episodes that will take place after S1...was that mentioned anywhere?

I DONT KNOW AND ITS WRECKING ME!!!

Buts still Love any bit of Non Non biyori. Lol at them translating Nyanpasu.
Also they shouldd make a side series just filled with them playing tournaments of games like knockk down the ruler
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jul 13, 2015 2:27 PM

Mar 2015
Loved the starry night scene <3
Jul 13, 2015 2:28 PM
Mar 2014
Smudy said:
Yeoun said:

Yeah, missing the point completely here. Non Non Biyori was never about plot, it's about the character interactions and the atmosphere.

the atmosphere and character interactions were what I meant by "charm"—IMO, they've been far inferior to those of the first season thusfar. i also haven't laughed yet, but that's all subjective, anyway.
Jul 13, 2015 2:39 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
vodall said:
Smudy said:

Yeah, missing the point completely here. Non Non Biyori was never about plot, it's about the character interactions and the atmosphere.

the atmosphere and character interactions were what I meant by "charm"—IMO, they've been far inferior to those of the first season thusfar. i also haven't laughed yet, but that's all subjective, anyway.

True though.
Jul 13, 2015 2:54 PM

Jul 2014
The average shounen wishes it could have battles as intense as that ruler game :D

Very fun episode and Komari-heavy which I don't mind at all.
Jul 13, 2015 3:01 PM

Oct 2012
It still kinda bothers me why they took full reverse back to the starting point just two years after first series but well...

Still, the first ruler part felt rather boring and I really don't know why they though it would be fun to watch. The main appeal of the this series is in four girls walking the countryside and that's something creator are kinda forgetting it here. Also, Hotaru's introduction was done a lot better in original series, and I don't think she needs to be such crybaby (quite contrary, she always acts pretty mature for her age).

I guess at least second part with dog and stars was ok afterall. But all-in-all, like others I have the feeling we will be seeing mainly leftovers that didn't fit into first series. Though I really hope that's not the case in the end.
Jul 13, 2015 3:10 PM

Aug 2013
I think I'm liking this season more than the first—and I already loved the first, so that's saying something. It feels as immersive as ever, and I think that's in part because of great sound direction. And Hotaru and Komari, probably.
Jul 13, 2015 3:31 PM

May 2015
Paulo27 said:
wat
no... no NO, eww

MY SAME reaction
Jul 13, 2015 3:55 PM

Feb 2015
This is only passable because it's Non Non Biyori. Hoping for something better next week.
Jul 13, 2015 4:05 PM

Oct 2013
This was great. Picking up right where Season 1/EP 1 leaves off. The ruler game was so hilarious. Koma-chan's angry/excited/scared voice cracks me up! I streamed episode 2 using free wifi at a coffee shop and I hope my laughter did not disturb the other patrons.

The star-gazing and having to walk home in the dark was a nice touch.
Jul 13, 2015 4:12 PM

Oct 2013
n00bvlog said:
I'm so glad this show is back. I guess after this season's done, we'll be able to figure out what happens chronologically and watch the episodes switching back and forth between the 1st and 2nd seasons.

I've already started doing that -season 2/ep 1, season 1/ep 1, season 2/ep 2, season 1/ep 2. It's turning the original into a 24 ep single season in some regards.
Jul 13, 2015 4:32 PM

Jul 2010
Always nice to see Komari in senpai mode. And the love for Komari begins after this! Looking forward to the Komari dolls, the drawings are like a rough draft xD

Picking up that lid, couldn't help but imagine a bug on the underside and thus adding extra nutrition to the drink.

Quite the enjoyable episode, the games are also somewhat interesting.
Jul 13, 2015 4:36 PM

Jan 2011
funny episode!! that game was pure lolness. best battle scene in an animation series or movie since … a long time ago. ^^ and the scene when the two girls realized that the light was gone. *lol

Paulo27 said:
wat
no... no NO, eww
countryside people are doing this! 8)
Jul 13, 2015 5:14 PM

Jul 2015
From what I've heard, there's plenty of source material for new content to be animated from the manga so I'm not sure why they are going with this route... ???
Jul 13, 2015 5:58 PM

Jul 2014
Super-Milk-Chan said:
From what I've heard, there's plenty of source material for new content to be animated from the manga so I'm not sure why they are going with this route... ???

There would be enough to make 12 episodes, like 27 chapters, but that only gets us to around early winter in the second year. Not a good place to just end the season, or we adapt only select chapters and just go original for the final 3-4 episodes.

They might just end this in the summer after S1 with the Okinawa trip, and save the last part for a possible/likely S3. Since, I'm not so sure the series goes past Komari's graduation, the mangaka might have already informed them, which is why they are going back like this so as not to catch up.
Jul 13, 2015 6:12 PM

Jan 2014
I'm really glad that Suguru is playing a bigger part now!

Also the ruler game segment reminded me of the choco-cornet scene from Lucky Star because of the drawn-out explanations.. but far more exciting!
rikka_tanJul 13, 2015 6:24 PM
I'm a jazz number with no beat, tune, or direction.

Jul 13, 2015 7:38 PM

Jan 2011
Another fun and relaxing episode. Within the first minute, Ren-chon did her Nyanpasu greeting to Hotaru and that just made me smile so much. xD The knock-down-the-ruler game was hilarious and really entertaining. They had some pretty intense OST going throughout it. Suguru's 'last-second grab' was awesome. Hotaru was the one that won though, yay~ Hotaru was walking her dog but she became lost. Hilariously enough, Suguru seemed to be nearby and Hotaru's dog noticed the similar scent and ran straight to him. :D Komari and Hotaru walking at night to see the starry sky and eventually got lost was pretty funny. Hotaru carrying Komari on her back makes her look like the senpai. :P
5/5
Jul 13, 2015 7:45 PM

Oct 2014
cute and fun episode.. :3
Nii-chan FTW.. xD

read from right to left
Jul 13, 2015 7:46 PM

Dec 2011
Never thought a ruler battle would be this intense. >.<
If I ever play this game I will use a protractor.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2015 8:51 PM

Jul 2012
I'm going to be a bit disappointed if this season is mostly a 'fill in the gaps' from S1.

Still a good episode but feels less satisfying somehow.

Hopefully it'll be get back on track after this.

At least Nyanpasu~ returns <3
Jul 13, 2015 8:54 PM

Nov 2013
Oh man, this show is still comfy as f*ck.
Jul 13, 2015 8:58 PM

Jan 2014
Be it whatever it may be, non non biyori is back, and looking great. Plot? The show's great without it. I'm here for the gorgeous scenery, and one of the cutest little first graders I've seen. Whatever one thinks the show may lack, it makes up for it with the characters, and the wonderful, gorgeous art. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 13, 2015 9:05 PM

May 2014
Another amazing and cute episode. Komari had so many adorable moments in the 2nd half =D

So I wonder if the entire season is going to be showing events from the in-between days of the first season. Or will we catch up and continue where season 1 left off? I'm guessing the former is more likely due to the "Repeat" title.
Jul 13, 2015 9:17 PM
Jan 2015
HaXXspetten said:

That's what it has always been. That's not new
Jul 13, 2015 9:40 PM
Jan 2015
KevinRammstein said:
A remake? That sounds like the content would be the same lol. I hope that doesn't happen, would be really stupid

Not a remake. Just other stories that happens during the time shown in season one.

And nobody hate on Hotaru. Shes just a kid. She's in the fifth grade, in a new town, in the woods at night lost for the 2nd time in the same day.

Of course she's gonna be upset.
Jul 13, 2015 10:34 PM

Oct 2011
Nyanpasu <3333

Intense Ruler game OMG. Edge of my seat.

So that's why she is infatuated by her <3
Jul 13, 2015 11:25 PM

Nov 2012
non non biyori can even make a ruler game exciting to watch :D nii-chan has some skills.
Jul 13, 2015 11:26 PM

Sep 2011
abyss333 said:
KevinRammstein said:

I DONT KNOW AND ITS WRECKING ME!!!

Buts still Love any bit of Non Non biyori. Lol at them translating Nyanpasu.
Also they shouldd make a side series just filled with them playing tournaments of games like knockk down the ruler

Look, it's pretty simple really. Not all of the chapters were adapted for the first season so they are adapting some that were missed. It doesn't really matter if they get past where the first season was as the 'plot' is not the point of this series. It's the slice of life interaction and rural life, like the ruler game (which was AWESOME).

For an example of an anime that did something similar .. check out the 2nd season of Hidamari sketch. They did exactly the same thing.
Jul 14, 2015 12:22 AM

Feb 2013
Fantastic!!

Hotaru's infatuation with Komari origin lol.

And to everyone wondering why it's not a "sequel" as far as the timeline goes....it's fucking called non non biyori repeat....REPEAT!!.....how did you not catch that??

Like if something was called, "something something Origins" I wouldn't think to myself, oh the sequel is coming out.
Jul 14, 2015 12:32 AM

Jan 2013
Never heard of the ruler game, looks fun. I hope this whole season isn't a prequel.
Jul 14, 2015 2:17 AM

Jul 2014
The ruler game sure was fun, but I do kinda feel disappointed that this isn't a direct sequel. I can live with it though, even if this seems to lack some of the first season's charm as a result. Also, am I the only one bothered by the fact that Hotaru was playing the ruler game with a set square? Wouldn't that technically be cheating?
Jul 14, 2015 2:20 AM

Dec 2012
I wonder why they opted to fill in season 1's timeline with additional content instead of carrying on with a sequel? I would've preferred the latter since the bond between the characters are strong and established instead of having to do a reset. Although their friendship seems to stay relatively static throughout season 1 and they become friends pretty quickly so the reset isn't too bad.
I suppose they just want the characters to stay the same age and not grow up and see them embracing change and responsibilities, in order to avoid the confrontation of reality and reinforces the escapist and therapeutic bliss where everything is happy. Kind of messed up psychologically when you think about it, a delusional false sense of happiness aimed at the audience.
Jul 14, 2015 3:17 AM

Jan 2015
the game was hilarious
Jul 14, 2015 3:32 AM

Apr 2014
Someone said that repeat made no sense. But it's non non biyori, it is here just to relax, I don't really care it issequel, prequel or reboot, I just wanted to feel calm with this series. I was smiling entire episode. The ruler game was so funny. And of course Koma-chan x Hotaru <3
Jul 14, 2015 6:45 AM

Aug 2013
Rexlok said:
HaXXspetten said:

That's what it has always been. That's not new

No, in last season it was nyan-pasu. BD release had something like that, but not TV.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 14, 2015 7:32 AM

Sep 2014
Now this was the Non Non Biyori I know and love! really fun stuff man. Especially the second half. <3
Jul 14, 2015 8:45 AM

Apr 2015
There technically can't be a sequel in in-animation time as the manga repeats its setting. Time goes by but they don't grow up.
Jul 14, 2015 8:50 AM

Nov 2010
I wonder why there was no dog in season 1 .. hmm.

Great Episode as always. Komari is such a funny character.
Jul 14, 2015 9:13 AM

Apr 2012
That ruler game made me remember of my childhood, when me and my friend use anything so we can play something.

So Renge call Suguru with "Nii-Nii" eh

Still relaxing episode for me.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2015

161 by Prupel1 »»
May 19, 12:46 PM

» Random Fact: Non Non Biyori and Repeat took place at around 2004.

VaasMontenegro - Aug 17, 2021

12 by bassyey »»
Mar 4, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2015

122 by Sun_Chan »»
Jan 2, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2015

113 by Sun_Chan »»
Jan 2, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2015

95 by Sun_Chan »»
Jan 2, 2:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.