Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 14, 2013 1:58 AM
Dec 2012
Linda X Banri
That's what I'm feeling from this...
but Banri is just gonna get sucked into the whole "Koko" thing,
I don't blame him for that...but let's just see where this goes...
Oh and Oka-chan... She my personal fav right now, next to Linda.
Oct 14, 2013 2:36 AM

May 2013
So thats why she's alone because, No one tries to talk to her because of her Beauty and Richness Aura
:D
Oct 14, 2013 6:44 AM

May 2010
Lol, her name is Oka-chan as in 'mother' xD I love her the most That tea club was so hilarious and their dance and that sniffing xD

That Keima clone- I mean Keima's brother is my 2nd most fav now XD Now I am starting to think that Yana is a bit too rude to Kaga, sure she is more of at fault but he could be a bit more... hm... talk to her to make things work out a better way (if he hasn't done that already, in which case, it's alright)

I really like Linda as well. That tea club rocked again, I think this show is great now xD Kaga is so lonely, now I am starting to feel for her. She was a student of a different university in the end, hahaha xD xD That ending song is really good as well. A great episode!
Oct 14, 2013 10:03 AM

Jan 2013
I gotta take back what I said in the first episode. MC is not that beta and is actually pretty enjoyable to watch. Things are shaping up to be a good romance story. While it's pretty obvious what the final pair will be, the ride will still be fun. I usually don't like the popular girl and it's still that way but I might change my mind. It seemed like that girl from the festival club is interested in Tada too and I liked her from the first ep. Music is also pretty good just like Toradora (same woman). This season is looking really good with this, White Album 2, and KLK as my favorites right now.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Oct 14, 2013 1:26 PM

Jan 2013
This is one of my favorites so far of the season. The opening song.... its so addictive!
Oct 14, 2013 2:52 PM

Aug 2010
That ED is sweet enough to cause diabetes, really catchy just like some of Toradora's EDs.

As for why Tada is taking Koko's side over his new friend Mitsuo, I think if you just take a step back and think about it, it makes sense since Koko is a girl most guys would kill to have and Mitsuo is practically throwing her aside like trash. If I had a friend in Mitsuo's situation and knowing that maybe Koko's a bit obsessive, I'd think he's wasting his good fortune here by not at least TRYING to see if by dating Koko she wouldn't calm down a bit. Naturally Tada has to be curious what makes Koko so bad that Mitsuo can't learn to live with it.

Normally I'd think what Tada is doing by trying to get closer to Koko is kind of shady but since Mitsuo has made it pretty clear he doesn't care for Koko then I'm all for it. I have a feeling he is just going to get used hard here though since she's probably only seeing him to get to Mitsuo, but we'll see maybe its gonna be one of those series where she actually ends up falling for Tada.

Honestly Mitsuo didn't have to do all this to escape Koko, he could have just gotten a girlfriend and that would have been that.
Oct 14, 2013 3:18 PM

Mar 2008
EMChamp said:
That ED is sweet enough to cause diabetes, really catchy just like some of Toradora's EDs.

As for why Tada is taking Koko's side over his new friend Mitsuo, I think if you just take a step back and think about it, it makes sense since Koko is a girl most guys would kill to have and Mitsuo is practically throwing her aside like trash. If I had a friend in Mitsuo's situation and knowing that maybe Koko's a bit obsessive, I'd think he's wasting his good fortune here by not at least TRYING to see if by dating Koko she wouldn't calm down a bit. Naturally Tada has to be curious what makes Koko so bad that Mitsuo can't learn to live with it.

Normally I'd think what Tada is doing by trying to get closer to Koko is kind of shady but since Mitsuo has made it pretty clear he doesn't care for Koko then I'm all for it. I have a feeling he is just going to get used hard here though since she's probably only seeing him to get to Mitsuo, but we'll see maybe its gonna be one of those series where she actually ends up falling for Tada.

Honestly Mitsuo didn't have to do all this to escape Koko, he could have just gotten a girlfriend and that would have been that.

Well saying that Mitsuo is throwing Koko aside like trash is a bit too much. Mitsuo is just displaying the symptom of a clinging person. Deep down inside, he cares for her but obsession would have caused any individual or guy to become like Mitsuo. Proof of that, is the scene when Koko was browsing through her pictures, it all has Mitsuo in it and some seems like that pictures that a stalker or obsessed person would have. though, I agree Mitsuo doesn't need to do this hiding if he finds a girlfriend. Koko may get hurt in the process, but at least he solves his problem with ease. Oh, well interesting insight overall.
Oct 14, 2013 3:24 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
I found this episode boring, I preferred the first one. And I am starting to feel annoyed by Kouko, she seems so clueless in general but I suppose that is part of her unique aspect.
Oct 14, 2013 3:29 PM

Jul 2012
Steel_Queen said:
I found this episode boring, I preferred the first one. And I am starting to feel annoyed by Kouko, she seems so clueless in general but I suppose that is part of her unique aspect.

Same.
Oct 14, 2013 5:06 PM

Feb 2012
EMChamp said:
If I had a friend in Mitsuo's situation and knowing that maybe Koko's a bit obsessive, I'd think he's wasting his good fortune here by not at least TRYING to see if by dating Koko she wouldn't calm down a bit.

well he has known her since childhood, and we don't know if he tried in the past or not, but from what he's said she's obsessive and controlling, at least in his perspective...

ANNDDD, just because someone is attractive and rich, does not mean it's a good idea to date them, if he has no romantic feelings for her, and if he knew her since childhood there's a chance he wouldn't (if speaking realistically), then why should he date her? you said to see if she calms down, that's a pretty bad reason too, dating someone to stop them from troubling you is probably one of the worst reason I've ever heard to date someone >->

but if that's what you think then all is well i suppose~ just adding my opinion on what you said~
Oct 14, 2013 6:51 PM

May 2011
xin09 said:
So thats why she's alone because, No one tries to talk to her because of her Beauty and Richness Aura
:D

Japan still has a residual Caste society influence within their culture. It's not as rigid as the feudal days. But it's still very strong influence even in the modern era. If you've watched enough anime you easily notice this.

So a rich beautiful heiress with a powerful family background is mentioned numerous times as the reason people notice her but then avoid her. It makes sense.

Good show, I'm liking the buildup of the story. All the characters seem interesting. Even the obnoxious Tea Club girls.
Oct 14, 2013 7:38 PM

Mar 2013
I'm not sure what I think of Kouko....
She says she's invincible, yet she's unreachable for others....
She's not interested in anything else, but Mitsuo, yet along not even knowing the name of the guy she only knows in her college, our MC, Tada
The intro also suggests the outcome of them being together...I'm not sure I like that...
Oct 18, 2013 1:55 PM

Apr 2013
I'm really enjoying it so far.
Oct 18, 2013 3:22 PM

Jan 2011
i wanted them to join tea club
Oct 18, 2013 7:31 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
It's shaping up to be a really good anime. I can see some slight similarities between Toradora and Golden Time. Kaga is so cute, and you just want to feel sorry for her.
Oct 19, 2013 4:51 PM

Jul 2009
Lol Tea club is evil! :D
I know that Mitsuo is being bad to Kaga, ignoring her, but I would like if they could end up together in the end.
Oct 20, 2013 11:16 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, my image of Kaga was vastly improved this episode. Dunno why but I didn't like her at all in the first episode... but this made her seem pretty interesting.

Even so Linda is by far the most interesting and best choice imo. I would definitely go after her every time... but it seems in the end we know which pairing is gonna happen, but I'll still keep my hopes up.

Also, I guess they're gonna end up joining the film club, since we saw why it's called Golden Time.
Oct 21, 2013 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The sensation felt in the previous episode, the re-again now. A breath of fresh air has risen, leading a plot that breaks with the usual stories seen in the past, although we always talk about a genre already seen. While we have a plot that delights us with a new context, of particular characters and new environments, on the other hand, unfortunately, the JC Staff does not shine for the technical part. Animations and only sufficient, we could put even more scenarios not just fabulous, as compared to other current productions.
Narration pleasant and out of the ordinary for now, the change of environment has benefited especially! I love it! * _ *
Although the technique lackluster the rest still pass the exam! the 5/5 can be good! : D

Ah! I forgot, who was surprised to find the girl and amused by the boy nicknamed 2D-kun! LOL

P.S. Even the chatterbox was hilarious
Oct 21, 2013 9:29 AM

Oct 2012
Funny episode, no drama this time but at least we get to know other characters and university clubs. Kan'yuuin sure is talkative (those large teacups they were drinking!) while those tea-club girls are really awkward (first I thought that Sao-chan's voice was very similiar to Tomoko from Watamote but she is voiced by Saori Gotou). And Oka-chan in film club sure is cute!

And those references! Society for Cultural Studies of Japanese Festivals club? Nishiken? :D This one seems the best I want main hero to join it :) (but I have the feeling Linda know more about main hero than it seems)

Edit: It doesn't look like it so far but I really wonder if Kouko is yandere. Cause something feels really off.
Mich666Oct 21, 2013 9:53 AM
Oct 25, 2013 8:33 PM
Nov 2011
wait club... not from school. I feel suspicious
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Oct 27, 2013 2:15 PM

Dec 2008
I'm really enjoying this series, the Tea Club scene was hilarious, specially the bowling ball girl.
Nov 2, 2013 4:09 PM

Jun 2013
I'm hoping for more of 2D-kun. What a cutie.
Nov 5, 2013 10:09 AM

Dec 2009
C'mon Tada-kun.

Choose Linda god damnit!!!
Nov 10, 2013 12:48 AM

Feb 2008
I love that this is set in university instead of high school. Really enjoying the show for it.
Nov 24, 2013 1:56 AM

Aug 2010
Wow the tea party...that's crazy haha!

I feel like shipping tada banri and kaga koko already!! XD
Dec 4, 2013 6:29 PM

Apr 2012
Linda is really cute..

Marzan said:
Are the males depicted in this anime representative of Japan's current youth? What kind of red blooded man would not want to join the Tea Club?!!

My thoughts exactly...
Dec 16, 2013 5:09 PM

Oct 2013
Dignity said:
Pretty good episode~

yup
Dec 20, 2013 11:48 AM

Jun 2011
...Okay. Slowly beginning to hate Koko...

Takaya=Keima Katsuragi. XD The end.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Dec 22, 2013 7:57 AM

Dec 2012
lol at tea club's party and 2D kun. comedy was not bad
Dec 26, 2013 11:24 AM

Feb 2013
Pretty great episode, i really like Linda but i feel like she's just going to get the old shoulder. Also there was some development between koko and tada.
Jan 1, 2014 12:06 AM

Apr 2009
I guess Mitsuo's right about Kouko being very "narrow"... her current world consists of him and only him. She definitely needs to expand her horizons like Banri said - there will be no happiness for her at this rate. This is probably the first step into the Kaga route, if Banri's going that way, care of that chatty club recruiter. On the other hand, there's Linda and the fated meeting moment she had with him last episode. The way she approaches Banri, I get a feeling she's somehow connected to his past. LOL at the hardcore party girls in the Tea Club...
Jan 24, 2014 5:40 AM

Jun 2008
Barion-Zara said:

I'm really feeling bad for Koko. I wonder what she did to Mitsuo to make him hate her this much?

I don't think he hates her. It's just that it seems she has no other people to spend time with and so she got a little obsessed with him and she was always with him everywhere so he got really tired of her. He just wants some space.

Marzan said:
Are the males depicted in this anime representative of Japan's current youth? What kind of red blooded man would not want to join the Tea Club?!!

I see 2 love triangles forming there and potential for a lot of heartbreak and misunderstandings.

A club with chicks that like getting half naked and drunk(and probably willing to do a lot more). Yeah that's how clubs should be, lol.
Jan 25, 2014 2:14 PM

May 2011
Lmfao at that welcoming party. Oh god, those girls are nuts but hmm maybe that's not a bad thing haha. And I felt pretty sad for Kouko in this episode :/.
Jan 28, 2014 9:28 AM

Jun 2011
I am still not feeling the OP song yet, but the ED is pretty good. I have a feeling I am going to love this show. Poor Kaga-san, but even so, I can't hate Yanassan. I want Tada to comfort Kaga already!! :)

By the way, those chicks are crazy.

P.S. The animation and art were pretty bad imo.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 4, 2014 11:48 AM

Oct 2012
Ultimate stalker. Oka-chan is damn cute. Evil tea club member and alcohol ( not the best mix ^^ ) wrestling match seriously !! and that too much motivated girl trying to pick them up.
Feb 11, 2014 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
What the hell is up with that Tea Club?! O__O LOL
Feb 23, 2014 7:55 AM

Aug 2013
Poor Banri, Kaga can't say his name right. But she got it twice in the end! :P

Everyone is intimidated to by her so she's always lonely. I guess that's why she'll get close to Tada (at least, that what the OP seem to say).

I didn't reconize the senpai from the festival club without her make-up :P
She's a bit tomboy but I also like them like this :3

That tea club was fucking crazy. It looked more like an S/M party gone too wild x)

I wonder what's up with these flash-back. Could he have met one of the two girls before? Also, Linda seemed to know him.

I wonder if club recrutor are really crazy like that in real life... xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 23, 2014 7:47 PM

Mar 2013
Seems pretty awesome. I'm not used to watching dramas set in college instead of high school so it should be pretty interesting.
Mar 8, 2014 12:58 PM

Jan 2012
While I can see where this is going,the main guy showing koko that she is suffocating that other guy and should let other in bla bla this is still nice.I get that toradora vibe;x
Mar 26, 2014 7:08 PM
Feb 2009
tea club going all out lmao
Mar 29, 2014 12:52 PM

Dec 2013
I'm glad I finally gathered the strength to start this series
Mar 31, 2014 4:53 AM

May 2012
Pretty interesting development and some really funny moments! Let's see what's next!
Apr 26, 2014 12:40 AM

Jan 2008
Another good episode I like the opening more then the ending but the ending is growing on me though it is a good series so far I do feel bad for Koko though but on to the next episode
Jul 4, 2014 3:09 AM
May 2012
Dream flashbacks, huh. I can already see it, baby!!
Damn, college looks so much fun!! Or is it because it's Japan?? Or is it because it's Anime??
I am guessing Kouko's parents stopped giving her money, too. I feel sorry for her. She is lonely.
I wish my school is that enthusiastic about clubs :/ I will join many clubs if that happened. They all looks fun and it's a good experience.

Monad said:
Barion-Zara said:

I'm really feeling bad for Koko. I wonder what she did to Mitsuo to make him hate her this much?

I don't think he hates her. It's just that it seems she has no other people to spend time with and so she got a little obsessed with him and she was always with him everywhere so he got really tired of her. He just wants some space.

Marzan said:

I see 2 love triangles forming there and potential for a lot of heartbreak and misunderstandings.

A club with chicks that like getting half naked and drunk(and probably willing to do a lot more). Yeah that's how clubs should be, lol.

Exactly, that's why Kouko's feelings towards Mitsuo is not love. I understand Mitsuo, but he should talk to her.
I know right!! I would definitely join the Tea Club :3
I am loving the ending song <3
Jul 9, 2014 12:08 PM

Aug 2013
ImDigital said:
SweetKotomi said:
... I want more Linda x Tada time, those two have a natural click.

Couldn't agree more.

This.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 10, 2014 8:14 AM

Oct 2012
Pretty stalker.. What's wrong with this?

Lol.. Just what's wrong with Tea Club members?

I wonder what's really happen in the end of episode 1?
"Signature removed"
Aug 16, 2014 9:11 AM

Mar 2014
Girls like kaga can be really annoying much If I were in his shoes but .. I will never and never talk bad to a girl's back as irritated as it seems . but I don't blame the guy though .
Title on the welcoming party !!
Intruders alert !! .. Teas is deadly !!
This girl must be really bad on brewing tea for them to be feared like that .
Banri ... salute !!
Otaku in the battlefield !!
Back to school !!
Linda is really a nice person .. she's is a person who can always have fun of .. sorta envy ..
It must be hard for kaga .. she's a strong person who's devotion is commendable !! but that too much devotion can lead that to this predicaments .. but a help can save always !!
Energetic persons is most of all .. the talkative ones !!
Pretty great episode !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2014 7:02 AM

Jul 2013
Funny stuff. It's quite refreshing for me since this show is set on a setting where the characters are university students and not generic high-schoolers. I'm liking this Banri dude, he seems quite the guy I'd date on a get-go.

Dat tea club btw
Nov 16, 2014 4:59 PM

Sep 2014
I like the crazy girl, but I really hope the MC doesn't go for her
Nov 30, 2014 2:56 PM

Jun 2014
This is why I hate 3 dimensional girls.

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.