Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 25, 2017 3:09 AM
Oct 2015
One of the best fights this season
Heckle was here...
Sep 25, 2017 5:05 AM

Jun 2016
Who would've thought that Deku and Bakugo are gonna work out together? Holy shit. Hahaha. So proud of them passing, though. I missed little Deku and Bakugo. Hihi. So kawaii.

Freaking All Might scaring the hell outta me with him coughing out blood. Noooooo. ;-;

And now we're introduced with new villains and I'm scared af for everyone.

LAST EPISODE NEXT WEEK. WHAT THE FUCK. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 25, 2017 5:13 AM
Jul 2018
Holy shiitake! Midoricchi and Kacchan worked together. I'm beginning to like Kacchan more as a character.

Aieee just one more episode before this season ends
Sep 25, 2017 7:22 AM
Jun 2016
owlette said:
how do people actually like Bakugo? he's easily one of the worst characters. i really hope he gets better character development because so far he's been like "get out of my way! i am so cool and strong and no one else matters!" for no reason whatsoever, like i get it he hates Deku and is his rival or whatever but wtf. like this episode is the first time he slightly cooperated with Deku and still BARELY. the only good feature he has is that he's strong, that's literally it

This is honestly one of my complaints about this episode. Bakugou's voice acting made him sound so angry, much angrier and more irrational than needed.

When i read the manga, i can see that he's still his usual angry fucker, but there's an air of calm and badass around him. The type that knows what he's doing when it counts. In the anime he just shouts 24/7 even after deku knocked some sense to him, which is irritating to look at.

Plus his quotes in the manga is so much better. "I won't accept if i can't win like that, no way" sounds so much more whiney than "If that much is outside my power, i can't stand it!". I imagined him being calmed in the second half of the fight instead of still raging around.. I just feel like the delivery is too angry that it detriments from his character, he's supposed to have a calm-angry side.

Plus all might's comment is so much better in the scanlations. "Because you are able to smile in the face of a wall" is way weaker than "When faced with a wall, you laugh!"

But still, people mostly love bakugou for what will happen in season 3/4. He's not done developing yet.
Sep 25, 2017 11:05 AM

Apr 2017
Votbear said:
owlette said:
how do people actually like Bakugo? he's easily one of the worst characters. i really hope he gets better character development because so far he's been like "get out of my way! i am so cool and strong and no one else matters!" for no reason whatsoever, like i get it he hates Deku and is his rival or whatever but wtf. like this episode is the first time he slightly cooperated with Deku and still BARELY. the only good feature he has is that he's strong, that's literally it

This is honestly one of my complaints about this episode. Bakugou's voice acting made him sound so angry, much angrier and more irrational than needed.

When i read the manga, i can see that he's still his usual angry fucker, but there's an air of calm and badass around him. The type that knows what he's doing when it counts. In the anime he just shouts 24/7 even after deku knocked some sense to him, which is irritating to look at.

Plus his quotes in the manga is so much better. "I won't accept if i can't win like that, no way" sounds so much more whiney than "If that much is outside my power, i can't stand it!". I imagined him being calmed in the second half of the fight instead of still raging around.. I just feel like the delivery is too angry that it detriments from his character, he's supposed to have a calm-angry side.

Plus all might's comment is so much better in the scanlations. "Because you are able to smile in the face of a wall" is way weaker than "When faced with a wall, you laugh!"

But still, people mostly love bakugou for what will happen in season 3/4. He's not done developing yet.

yea tbh this is the only fight that i prefered in the manga much more than the anime

Sep 25, 2017 6:14 PM

Jul 2017
This chapter in particular showed us the OPness of All Mighto (jaja) in comparisson with the most promissing students, oh boy he wrecked them, but was able toget the best from them. Great fight its a shame is was not at the same level as the Stain fight or the Deku vs Todoroki animation, but still a great animation. Just to close up it wasn't as epic as the fight against Nomu but this allowed us to compare him with the students.

That New Hampshire smash left me speachless poor Deku, but the most punished one was Bakugo.
Sep 25, 2017 10:39 PM

Feb 2010
Geezeee all might. He was taking it very serious. Poor boys haha. Deku is too nice. I feel like the more I watch the more I hate bakugo. But then he does some nice things and it's hard to hate him. Then he's a jerk and I'm back to hating him XD he's such a butt. But that was totally cool. Not looking forward to waiting for another season. I want to watch now!
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Sep 25, 2017 11:34 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
One left to end the seaon, and return to the class....
Sep 26, 2017 12:33 AM

Sep 2011
owlette said:

Man, someone hasn't been paying attention.
Sep 26, 2017 9:41 AM

Aug 2015
LuZeke said:
Lorenzo said:
It doesn't matter that he doesn't act like a hero, that's something he will have to change in the future in order to become a hero. He's a teenager, so his emotions are kinda all over the place and that's definitely not a permanent thing.
His behavior is an issue, but that doesn't matter, because he has unwavering determination to become a hero and I can't imagine what kind of thing would have to happen to break that determination.

But it does matter that he doesn't act like a hero. It does matter that his behaviour is an issue. It informs his character. It tells us that he lacks several key factors in being a hero. Heck, he lacks several factors in being a decent person, period. Maybe it isn't permanent, we can't say for sure any which way until it happens, but what we can be sure of is this: Bakugo has been an asshole his entire life.

All of Bakugo's stated motivations are based on pride and selfishness. Something that can easily be subverted into villainy.

What do you mean ‘he doesn’t act like a hero’? How does one act like a hero?

Because from the looks of it, what is required of being a hero is someone who is strong, has the determination and is able to protect the people. Look at Todoroki's dad for example. The man abused Todoroki emotionally and to a certain extent physically and antagonized his wife into insanity, but he's the number 2 hero.

It's the same in real life. You don't need to be a nice guy in order to do good things. You can be a total asshole and still come around when it's needed. You can still be a hero.

Bakugou is an asshole. No doubt in my mind, but he's strong, has the determination and he's working toward saving people, but he hasn't gotten many instances for that matter. Bakugou has most of that down. He’s well on his way to becoming a hero, so what exactly do you mean when you say he's not 'acting like a hero'?

Do you mean he's not nice or kind, because like I said, you definitely don't need to be any of that in order to act or be a hero. You only need that to be likable, and it doesn't seem like he cares about that.
...At least let me finish.

Sep 26, 2017 10:03 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Starisametaphor said:
LuZeke said:

But it does matter that he doesn't act like a hero. It does matter that his behaviour is an issue. It informs his character. It tells us that he lacks several key factors in being a hero. Heck, he lacks several factors in being a decent person, period. Maybe it isn't permanent, we can't say for sure any which way until it happens, but what we can be sure of is this: Bakugo has been an asshole his entire life.

All of Bakugo's stated motivations are based on pride and selfishness. Something that can easily be subverted into villainy.

Because from the looks of it, what is required of being a hero is someone who is strong, has the determination and is able to protect the people. Look at Todoroki's dad for example. The man abused Todoroki emotionally and to a certain extent physically and antagonized his wife into insanity, but he's the number 2 hero.

It's the same in real life. You don't need to be a nice guy in order to do good things. You can be a total asshole and still come around when it's needed. You can still be a hero.

Bakugou is an asshole. No doubt in my mind, but he's strong, has the determination and he's working toward saving people, but he hasn't gotten many instances for that matter. Bakugou has most of that down. He’s well on his way to becoming a hero, so what exactly do you mean when you say he's not 'acting like a hero'?

Do you mean he's not nice or kind, because like I said, you definitely don't need to be any of that in order to act or be a hero. You only need that to be likable, and it doesn't seem like he cares about that.

Well the whole construct of the social spectrum of the series is that these heroes do not act like heroes. They are HEROES in this world according to the government, their quirk ability, and a license but they are not HEROIC. They do not have hero traits other than the fact that they save people and do their duty to get paid. If anything using Endeavor as a parallel is just proving the point. Endeavor does this for glory and ego.

At this point in the anime Bakugou hasn't shown traits other than being thirsty for power and being at the top of the totem pole.

Bakugou doesn't cooperate with his fellow colleagues, he doesn't really want to be a hero to the people, and he equates heroism with power. I actually like that Bakugou is blunt, has an attitude, and for the most part dishes out what he speaks and these traits will eventually mold him into a better person but now he just acts like a brat with a power problem and everyone in the series is aware of it.

Bakugou is a work in progress but he is steadily changing, he's already quite different than his middle school self and is cracking the shell of the problem of his ego and pride.
Sep 26, 2017 2:45 PM

Aug 2015
Stripesu said:
Starisametaphor said:

Well the whole construct of the social spectrum of the series is that these heroes do not act like heroes. They are HEROES in this world according to the government, their quirk ability, and a license but they are not HEROIC. They do not have hero traits other than the fact that they save people and do their duty to get paid. If anything using Endeavor as a parallel is just proving the point. Endeavor does this for glory and ego.

At this point in the anime Bakugou hasn't shown traits other than being thirsty for power and being at the top of the totem pole.

Bakugou doesn't cooperate with his fellow colleagues, he doesn't really want to be a hero to the people, and he equates heroism with power. I actually like that Bakugou is blunt, has an attitude, and for the most part dishes out what he speaks and these traits will eventually mold him into a better person but now he just acts like a brat with a power problem and everyone in the series is aware of it.

Bakugou is a work in progress but he is steadily changing, he's already quite different than his middle school self and is cracking the shell of the problem of his ego and pride.

In the current state of their world, Bakugou would be able to become a hero, which is the point I was trying to make.

But whether Bakugou can be ''heroic'', as you've said, is something that is left to be seen. This series is far from ending. There's plenty of room for Bakugou to grow and he is, growing, bit by bit. I feel as though people forget that.

Every single one of those students are learning how to become a better version of themselves. It's what UA offers them; a chance to grow. And isn't that what school's all about? I feel as though too many people fail to understand that all these characters are still works in progress; that who they are now does not necessary mean that they'll be the same person in the future. Bakugou can become a hero and Bakugou can be heroic, because there's still room for him to grow.
...At least let me finish.

Sep 26, 2017 2:48 PM

May 2009
How could one come to the conclusion Bakugo will become a villain? That would destroy the entire purpose of his character. JUST because he is aggresive, loud and bashful doesn't mean he'll become a villain. But ok, nice episode.
Sep 26, 2017 5:44 PM
Jul 2018
Wow! even Bokugo throwed lots of emotion on this episode! and Deku never changed in term of personality XD (well they havent fought that many battle yet I think)
And All might knows how to be villain! That was so cool of him XD I think toward the end he willingly didn't went full power and nice to see a good ending.
The action scene were as usual amazing and so does the soundtracks! But I am kinda little down that this season will end without any 'dark' moments(I mean those villains and kinda missing that scratcing guy :P )
Overall it was incredible entertaining episode. Now I hope... that not only season 3 but also we get to see that in this Fall or winter!

Sep 27, 2017 10:02 PM
Dec 2012
Midoriya punching Bakugou was so satisfying :3 and damn All Might casually destroying blocks with a single punch.
Sep 28, 2017 3:37 AM
Sep 2017
The 24th episode was great, especially considering the fight. The reason why I gave it 4/5 rather than 5 is because of...Bakugo. The same reason I call Naruto great, but not a masterpiece...these stupid characters, like Sasuke in case of Naruto, and Bakugo in case of Hero Academia, are both TOTALLY PSYCHO characters. If I would have been the authority, I would have killed them a long time ago. They are stupid, and are a total villain. They are mad for no proper reason. I would have understood if it would have been Todoroki, given his bad past.
But this idiot Bakugo has no fucking reason and has a seemingly unstable mentality. He should be in the hospital for years.
And what was that huh? Bakugo kicked All-Might's ass?! Impossible. I wish the writers stop favoring Bakugo and make him a villain quickly.
Sep 28, 2017 10:30 AM

Jul 2012
Wish I didn't watch the preview, but it's too late now.
I guess I'll use this as a lesson to not ever watch any of 'em :P

This was nice development for the Deku and Kacchan duo, and I'm looking forward to Bakugou getting even more development later on.

The new villains seem really interesting. I wonder what their quirks are...
Sep 28, 2017 12:46 PM

Jun 2017
I nearly teared up when Deku and Bakugou started working together! So proud of my boys :')
Sep 29, 2017 2:28 AM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
Fantastic episode. Seeing them work their way around each other to try and succeed against All Might and seeing more of All Might's ability... wow.

This show just gets better and better. :D
Sep 29, 2017 3:17 AM

Mar 2015
Ryuugamono said:
Deku/Bakugou interactions are always the best.

Not really, Bakugou is bearable when Deku isn't around, but when Deku is with him, he gets so triggered that it's so cringy watching him.
Sep 29, 2017 1:45 PM
Mar 2016
bakugou is so fucking annoying i can't stand him
Sep 30, 2017 1:34 PM

Jan 2010
SO I JUST FINISHED BINGE WATCHING THE LAST 5 EPISODES AND THIS EPISODE OMG I COULDN'T GET OVER HOW BRUTALLY AMAZING IT ISSSSS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GONNA REWATCH IT FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRR

I just couldn't express it in better words... gosh ////

I cringed when kacchan punch deku, two times. and bumped each other hard like twice or more maybe. I thought kacchan being pretty unreasonable wanting to beat all might instead of escape but he actually DO planned to escape but he knows that there is no way to promptly escape All Might without fighting anyway so first they had to fight then escape. It's their biggest chance and kacchan realized this, while deku failed to realize. IF ONLY THEY TALKED IT OUT before it u///u

He did this to us every fucking time. Making the watcher think he is pretty unreasonable and just fight without thinking, but then he susprised us that he IS actually had a plan all along. He got me everytime lmao. Sorry for doubting you Kacchan! XD

What really got me though that outburst from deku, he freaking PUNCHED KACCHAN AND CARRIED HIM (TWICE with the one at the end!!!!!!!!). He punched kacchan the moment he said he rather lose than get help from scum like him with such intensity. I cringed because that's so harsh :( BUT THEN THE ONE THING DEKU ACTUALLY HEAR IS THE WORD LOSE HOW CAN KACCHAN RATHER LOSE??!!! and punched him for just thinking about losing. I think to deku it's probably something similar like how All Might would suddenly saying I rather sit around and not help people.

What's better, THAT actually what got through kacchan's thick skull!!!!!!!! HE LET DEKU USES HIS FREAKING GAUNTLET OMG!!!!!!!!! It's REALLY SOMETHING coming from kacchan (and to deku of all people! you did amazing my son!!!) !! NOT ONLY HE LET DEKU HELP HIM HE ALSO LET HIM USES SOMETHING THAT'S HIS!

Also did you notice how much strain firing off those huge ass explosion is to your shoulder? How much more amazing can this explosive kid be? >///<

Damn, so muchhhhhh katsudeku development and bakugo lovee!!!

And it's not even the best one yet.

BAKUGOU KATSUKI PUSHING HIMSELF TO HIS LIMIT, he was just as much a madman, and just as much reckless as deku!! HURTING HIMSELF LIKE THAT. That last moment, even with this much sacrifice he still coulnd't win... when he said that with such frustation and desperation (Nobuhiko-san so nailed the emotion!!) THEN DEKU GOT TRIGGERED. I squealed so damn hard when he decided to mad dash to PUNCH ALL MIGHT WITH ALL HIS STRENGTH and carried kacchan to the escape gate together (I thought you broke your back deku? ;D) instead of just mad dash to the escape gate.

AND THEM PARALLEL. Why kacchan is always the one getting his ass saved by deku lol
I HOPE THE TIME WILL COME WHEN IT'S THE OTHER WAY AROUND

The difference between Bakugou and deku is, Bakugou always going all out since the very beginning without having to be triggered first lol. Deku, if he really going all out since the beginning, he should have able to use full cowl to mad dash to the gate even with broken back, like how he did when rescuing kacchan. Then they would have passed with a still concious kacchan.

(pretty sure kacchan is HEAVY with all those muscles in his body. your back alright there deku?)

This episode is so damn amazing because we FINALLY see Bakugo letting go of his pride and let deku the one cleared the test for both of them instead of charging forward himself (not that he is able to at the time)

Note that when they run to the escape gate at their full speed, deku with full cowl and kacchan with his explosion, DEKU CAN KEEP UP WITH KACCHAN AND IS ACTUALLY RUNNING BESIDE HIM!

And manga readers said there is better katsudeku moments than this episode?!!!!! SEASON 3 WHEN

tl;dr MIND BLOWN. This episode is gonna be the only thing I watch for a long time
Sep 30, 2017 1:45 PM

Jan 2010
kadiro said:
Ryuugamono said:
Deku/Bakugou interactions are always the best.

Not really, Bakugou is bearable when Deku isn't around, but when Deku is with him, he gets so triggered that it's so cringy watching him.

I agreed with @Ryuugamono, because it's guaranteed there would be some character development whenever this two is involved. They honestly trigger EACH OTHER.
We get to see a different side to Deku, and also to Bakugo. They bring the best and the worst out of each other.
Sep 30, 2017 1:52 PM
Jul 2018
Bakugo and Midoriya vs All Might. That was intense.
Seems like Bakugou took more hits though lol, All Might has no chill.
Toga and Dabi sound exactly as I imagined
Sep 30, 2017 2:01 PM

Jan 2010
Suradoe_Uchiha said:
The 24th episode was great, especially considering the fight. The reason why I gave it 4/5 rather than 5 is because of...Bakugo. The same reason I call Naruto great, but not a masterpiece...these stupid characters, like Sasuke in case of Naruto, and Bakugo in case of Hero Academia, are both TOTALLY PSYCHO characters. If I would have been the authority, I would have killed them a long time ago. They are stupid, and are a total villain. They are mad for no proper reason. I would have understood if it would have been Todoroki, given his bad past.
But this idiot Bakugo has no fucking reason and has a seemingly unstable mentality. He should be in the hospital for years.
And what was that huh? Bakugo kicked All-Might's ass?! Impossible. I wish the writers stop favoring Bakugo and make him a villain quickly.

Which part of Bakugo is similar to Sasuke?

Bakugou reason is pretty understandable to me. Which part of him confused you?

Yes beating All Might is impossible, Bakugo himself said so? He just shit when it come to communication so we have to pay a little more attention.
I thought he was being pretty unreasonable too at first, and thought Deku is the right one. But then, Bakugo DID have a plan.
If you pay more attention, he said, it's impossible to beat all might, but it's also impossible to just escape. Combat is unavoidable. Bakugo understand this, Deku wasn't. So instead of just half-assing and run, he was planning to fight all might first and knock him out somehow and then escape. It's the best chance to pass the exam. And at first, he planned to do this alone and ignore Deku, which is stupid, but he has his issues.

Not until that moment Deku punched him that it finally got through into his thick skull. Bakugo let Deku help with his plan and went as far as letting him use one of his gauntlets. Bakugo letting go of his pride and let Deku, of all people, uses something that's HIS. If it's not great development I don't know what is.

And it got even better. You know the rest :D
Sep 30, 2017 2:13 PM

Jan 2010
owlette said:

It's really easy to like him if you understand his character and don't mind the way he deal with his issues for now (by being mad and yelling ang all that).
He is like that not for no reason. Somehow, he is pretty insecure around Deku and feel intense inferiority and envy to Deku and and don't forget his superiority complex, which making things worse. He need to prove that he is better than Deku, not to anyone, but to himself. Just like how Todoroki refuse to use his dad power to "reject" him, Bakugo is trying to prove himself that he can do this alone, that he is better than deku and refuse to get help from Deku to "reject" him. Deku keeps unknowingly rubs him the wrong way you heard himself saying.
He deals with his issues explosively, literally, and that what's make people can't stand him and I understand that.

Note that it's always him that got his ass saved by deku. I hope in the future, there will come when it's the other way around. When he would be developed enough to actually save deku. I believe in Horikoshi that day will come ;D

Oh, and it might be just barely to us, but to Bakugo, it's a huge step I think, you noticed his tears? It's frustation tears I think, just like those in episode 8 of season 1.
Sep 30, 2017 4:57 PM

May 2012
Great conclusion to these exams! Really lovely ending and looking forwards to see the last episode of this second season!
Oct 1, 2017 3:55 PM

Sep 2015
Dam lol knew Mido wouldnt leave Bakugo behind even if All Might was a fake villain.
Oct 1, 2017 5:53 PM
May 2012
wow, all might was really fucking them up. they shouldn't be alive after that.

Red_Ranger_Wien said:
owlette said:

yeah, it's you. bakugo is a piece of shit of a character. he's shallow. he's a whiny little bitch. i thought maybe he'd be able to redeem himself this season but no. and don't tell me he's got some issues with midoriya because blah blah blah. he's like that to everyone, even to all might whom he apparently admires. he's just a problem child for absolutely no reason.
Oct 1, 2017 11:54 PM

Nov 2014
Tengai said:

Red_Ranger_Wien said:

yeah, it's you. bakugo is a piece of shit of a character. he's shallow. he's a whiny little bitch. i thought maybe he'd be able to redeem himself this season but no. and don't tell me he's got some issues with midoriya because blah blah blah. he's like that to everyone, even to all might whom he apparently admires. he's just a problem child for absolutely no reason.
Redemption doesnt come that fast. It takes time, especially for someone like bakugo. It'll take a while to change the way he treats things and people, especially since hes been like that his entire life. However, he is slowly changing. And if u havent noticed how hes changing little by little (like working together with deku and allowing deku to use and TOUCH something that's HIS, which is a HUGE step for bakugo) then "someone hasn't been paying attention."
Oct 2, 2017 12:05 AM
May 2012
ttcchen said:
Tengai said:

Redemption doesnt come that fast. It takes time, especially for someone like bakugo. It'll take a while to change the way he treats things and people, especially since hes been like that his entire life. However, he is slowly changing. And if u havent noticed how hes changing little by little (like working together with deku and allowing deku to use and TOUCH something that's HIS, which is a HUGE step for bakugo) then "someone hasn't been paying attention."

yes, redemption does take time, and you would think that with these 26 episodes we'd get something, but no. he's been like that his entire life? why? what did midoriya even do to him? all we got is that stupid flashback where he got pissed when midoriya came to help him. see, that's the bullshit. his pride, his superiority complex are just a bunch of crap. and are you telling me he did those things because he's changing? he just wanted to win. you are the one who isn't paying attention. even when he was crying all he ever did was talk about himself.
Oct 2, 2017 1:07 AM

Sep 2011
Tengai said:
ttcchen said:

yes, redemption does take time, and you would think that with these 26 episodes we'd get something, but no. he's been like that his entire life? why? what did midoriya even do to him? all we got is that stupid flashback where he got pissed when midoriya came to help him. see, that's the bullshit. his pride, his superiority complex are just a bunch of crap. and are you telling me he did those things because he's changing? he just wanted to win. you are the one who isn't paying attention. even when he was crying all he ever did was talk about himself.

Bakugo in episode one would've rather lost then let Deku help him. Bakugo now is willing to put aside and acknowledge Deku's progress and strength which shows the growth he's had as a person and it only escalate from here.
Oct 2, 2017 1:18 AM
May 2012
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Tengai said:

Bakugo in episode one would've rather lost then let Deku help him. Bakugo now is willing to put aside and acknowledge Deku's progress and strength which shows the growth he's had as a person and it only escalate from here.

nope, it was always about him. you are giving him too much credit, if he really did, he would have mentioned it. he should.
Oct 2, 2017 4:03 AM

Sep 2011
Tengai said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

nope, it was always about him. you are giving him too much credit, if he really did, he would have mentioned it. he should.

Whatever, dood. You clearly are only going to see what you want to see.
Oct 2, 2017 4:21 AM
May 2012
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Tengai said:

Whatever, dood. You clearly are only going to see what you want to see.

well, same goes to you.
Oct 2, 2017 6:49 AM

Oct 2015
That was an epic exam with an intense fight between Bakugo, Midoriya shounen versus All might. All might really went out on them and they also gave their best especially Kacchan, he went down fighting. I am glad they won by escaping but that punch from Deku to All was awesome, I will say this episode was the best in all of episodes I have watched in any kind of anime this year. I didn't even pay attention to those league of villains in the end.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 3, 2017 1:37 PM

Jun 2013
fuck that was epic
Oct 7, 2017 2:46 PM
Mar 2015
G_Spark233 said:
This episode showed once again why Bakugou is such a great character.

All Might's power is insane! Poor Midoriya and Bakugou got completely destroyed.

I like how All Might noted how Midoriya and Bakugou were keeping building damage low with their big plan.

I hope we get a season 3 so we can see more of her.

She does look interesting. Wanna see what she's like.
Oct 27, 2017 11:21 PM

Feb 2015
I have to say that the fight was incredible, Deku and Kacchan didn't make a good team until they received a pair of punches, fighting All Might is not that easy, overcome the biggest wall for a hero is a job that only the best can do. Deku, Kacchan, Todoroki and Iida have a lot of potential, expecting an interesting development for them.
Oct 30, 2017 2:04 AM

Jul 2013
That was awesome Deku did a good job hitting All Mighto with everything he's got I thought he'll be more reluctant to do it. If he wants to surpass him he should stop idolizing him so much.
Nov 1, 2017 3:13 PM

May 2010
Bakugo got a little bit better during this episode, but I still can't stand him >_> Especially when he's around Deku.

Their fight with All Might was super fun to watch though, loved especially the scene when he punched Bakugo WITH Midoriya, that was epic as fuck xD And they still won, that's impressive!
New female villain appears, I feel like she had a cameo last season? She does look... fun.
Nov 7, 2017 5:45 AM

Mar 2015
Another brilliant episode, despite Kacchan's unbearable stubbornness it looks like he can change for the better as well.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 20, 2017 6:57 PM

Sep 2013
I figured the All Might battle would be a 2-parter. I wonder what the final episode will bring...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 4, 2017 11:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I would have liked to enjoy this more, but Bakugou the screamer is simply the most obnoxious character in modern fiction.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 6, 2017 3:41 PM

Dec 2009
Fucking loved that episode. Something about All Might beating the ever living shit out of Izuku and Bakugou was amazing.

Like seriously did not hold back. Damn All might
Dec 18, 2017 5:53 AM
Dec 2017
The peak of this ep would be when Deku punch Bakugo and said "don't say you better not win" "try use me before giving up" That was real cool! and it really let Bakugo lower his pride down :D I've always cheer deku to be confident like this when he's with Bakugo.

Deku's always unconfident in front of Bakugo but he’s different when he’s with others. Especially when he see someone in danger, he’s very brave and cool.

But think in Bakugo’s aspect, it was like Deku has always had something but never show it to Bakugo, only show it to others. This makes Bakugo feels he has been tricked all these times and makes him so pissed off with deku. Actually since their childhood, Deku has always been able to think by himself, not just always follow Bakugo like other kids. Deeply inside Bakugo’s mind, I think Bakugo knew that Deku has something that can beat him but never show it.

If you watched/read Assassination Classroom, DekuxBakugo is actually similar to NagisaxKarma, the episode they fight whether they should try to save sensei. Karma think back why they grew apart in 1st year. It was because he knew from back then that Nagisa has something that could beat him even though Nagisa seems dangerless like that and it bothers his mind, he feel unsafe and so later they grew apart.

In Bakugo’s case, deku also bothers his mind and make him feel unsafe like Nagisa did to Karma too but Bakugo react different from Karma. Bakugo just intimidates deku more so he can feel assure and feels he still above this pathetic-look guy.

If you think back, Bakugo has been teased and made fun of by other U.A. students many times but he never actually hate them. He just do a very normal way people get teased would do, like “what did you say?” and ‘act angry’ at them. He never did the same way he did to Deku to other students. It’s because he’s actually not a jerk that like to pick on others nor has superiority complex that can't stand being made fun of but the reason why Bakugo pick on Deku so much is because deku always act weak toward him when he’s actually not weak and Bakugo, as someone always act out how he feels and always have confidence, can’t understand deku. On the other hand, Deku doesn’t acknowledge his own strength. He has low self-confidence and he always admire Bakugo’s confidence. That’s why he always seems so weak in front of Bakugo.

The relationship of these two will never resolve if they don’t talk with their fist. Coz if they just talk, deku would just speak the same way he always did which looks too pathetic for Bakugo’s view and Bakugo would get pissed off and shout and never get to talk, like in this episode(24).

Jan 6, 2018 7:32 PM

Jul 2013
Crazy episode. I always get goosebumps if I see All Might or Midoriya fight. And seeing both of them against each other + Bakugou was the best. I knew Midoriya would have problems with Bakugou. This episode showed perfect how much Bakugou really hates Midoriya and how pride he is. He always wants to win and it seems he thinks Midoriya would interfere him.

He doesn't want help, just doing everything on his own. That first punch of All Might was out of this world. But also everything what came afterwards. He's so much faster, so much stronger and that even with his limitation he has. And his eyes are something I haven't seen often in an anime.

Good thing Midoriya decided to flee with Bakugou, but the conversation after went off as bad as always. At least Midoriyas words that Bakugou should use him before he gives up seem to help a little bit. Her combination of attacking All Might and running after that was a good idea but it didn't do anything. Imagine, All Might had these super heavy bracelets on and he broke Bakugous gloves as it was nothing.

When All Might hit Midoriyas back I thought he broke it in half. That looked so bad. But respect for both Midoriya and Bakugou. Midoriyas face in this scene and his "smash" was such an "omg" moment.

I hope one day they will show All Mights past. I want to see how strong he was before his injury so badly. >.<

That ending doesn't promise anything good. 2 new characters who want to join Shigaraki.

I can't believe that there's only one episode left. :(
Anyway PLUS ULTRA!!!!
Natsu88Jan 6, 2018 7:37 PM

Jan 9, 2018 10:42 PM

Jul 2014
Fucking amazing episode. Contrasting emotions and personalities and an insight to the pinnacle that is All Might's true power. I can't wait for the third season to put more highlight on Tomura.
Jan 22, 2018 11:11 AM

May 2013
All Might is so cool that it's almost as blinding as his smile lol.

<33333333 I love All Might :') he'd be the #1 villain haha :P

Baku getting thrown around and beat up was so satisfying. Esp the part where he threw up at All Might's punch LMAO. He needs some sense beat into him to get past all that ego of his xD at least he cooperated with Deku for a bit >.> wasn't bad at the end when he was fighting against All Might to get Deku to escape. Still don't like Baku that much tho :PPP

Deku would make the best hero out of everyone just because he doesn't leave anyone behind. He's like a mini All Might and it's nice ^^ like Gran Torino said, it's just their base personalities that are different, but their sense of justice is the same as well as their reckless rationale during battle
Jan 23, 2018 1:38 PM

Jul 2017
I sitill don't know if I find Bakugo potencially interesting or just annoying. He has his moments on both fronts.

Anyway it was a nice battle and I'm glad they passed the exam.

I loved Deku's smile before punching All Might on the face.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

192 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 27, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

201 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 24, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2017

199 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 21, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 21, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2017

288 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 15, 6:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.