Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2017 2:01 PM

Sep 2015
Such an awesome story so far better than SAO. I rather be in a world where anime characters come to life.
Apr 16, 2017 2:08 PM

Feb 2008
That delirious magical girl was priceless...
Apr 16, 2017 2:53 PM

Jul 2015
I'm loving this anime already lol
Apr 16, 2017 3:32 PM
Oct 2009
Inb4 he is the creator of the one causing all the trouble.
Apr 16, 2017 3:53 PM

Nov 2014
Ok so still more promise than delivery but enjoying this for sure.
Apr 16, 2017 4:30 PM
Apr 2016
Deleth said:

Could serve a well example on how creators should take more care and responsibility towards their creations.

I am really liking it for the fact that it is happening and the philosophical filling and reality unraveling. If anything, it will move someone into thinking, maybe even hard. That is all I would like. The creators of this one (which is already a third, if not a fourth, layer) probably want the same.
Re:formed
Apr 16, 2017 4:42 PM
Nov 2007
love how Red has so many different names.

When the voice actors speak her name, it's Serejia.
In the official subtitles her name is Selesia.
On news articles and list sites like this one MAL her name is Celestia.
In ANN's weekly episode reviews it's Silesia.

On the official site her name is written as セレジア which is read as Serejia hence the reason it sounds that way when spoken even though it then translates to Celestia. Whatever. I'll just keep calling her Red.
Apr 16, 2017 4:46 PM

Jul 2010
Not as good as the first episode -- the fight scenes felt kinda arbitrary. Wasn't good motivation for why they were actually fighting. Despite that, watching Madoka and Asuna (?) duke it out was pretty damn cool.

Excited for the next episode! ED looks like this'll be more SOL than I originally thought.
Can someone post the show where each character is inspired from? I'm not too well-versed on the video game side.
fishergirl16Apr 16, 2017 4:50 PM
Apr 16, 2017 4:49 PM

May 2014
I think I might be sold on this anime now...this ep was a step up from the first that's for sure!

Lol at Selesia's creator being a complete perv for her- it makes sense though, he prolly just created his ideal woman.

That magical girl was cute af, and judging by the ED it looks like she's sticking around. It was funny seeing her freak out over blood because her world (being a kids anime) probably omitted it XD
That attention to detail is really great and I look forward to more of it as more characters get introduced.

Damn that cliffhanger as well!

Already liking Yuya who looks like he's stepped right out of Persona. He seems pretty villainous, but I doubt it'll stay that way!

Also curious about Souta- maybe he knows the creator of twin tails girl from ep 1- it might've been the girl who jumped in front of the train. Perhaps he was close with her, and that's the reason he now wears glasses even though it looks like he doesn't need them.

I mean, it looked like his vision was blurred back in ep 1. Hmm. :/

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2017 5:38 PM

Jul 2013
Daniel_Naumov said:
Deleth said:

Could serve a well example on how creators should take more care and responsibility towards their creations.

o shit.
yeah ok now i'm imagining that she's some kind of creation he made a few years ago but promptly abandoned after growing bored with her/not being able to come up with a backstory, or losing motivation because he wasn't getting any interest online (likes on pixiv or whatever). and the lesson will be about seeing things through to the end, or something.

...actually there's several things that could come out this. too many scenarios to count. i'm 100% backing this theory, though. i feel dumb that i didn't think of it myself, LOL. i'm usually on top of this kinda stuff!
Apr 16, 2017 5:52 PM
Oct 2012
firemagnet said:
Mild prediction: given that the series is 22 episodes long, and the we will have all of the characters introduced by episode 4, I suspect that at some point the "simulation" hypothesis will be either proven or negated by episode 11. Episode 12 will likely start leaning on the actual fourth wall of this show.

My hope is that this will become a 2 way animation, meaning the creators can go to the alternative worlds and change things, both in the fictional world and the writer's own lives.

After all, every creation is a mirror of the creator, so errors in the creators would show up in the creation. Though they should blur this as well, in that writers also write to markets, so they can show a bunch of different examples.
Apr 16, 2017 6:01 PM

Jul 2016
I'm so taken aback by how great this show is.
I really wanna go to this anime's world, but that's not why I love it so much. The characters' personalities are so diverse, their reactions are genuine, they don't waste time engaging in silly, unnecessary dialogues (except for some quite light and refreshing lines), and also the animation is good, the audio quality is absolutely fantastic, and there is not a single second of boredom. Well done, Re:Creators, for managing to stand out so much in the same season with two of the most long-awaited and successful sequels of 2017.

I just hope I won't be disappointed in the end lol
Apr 16, 2017 6:05 PM

Nov 2012
So basically this episode told us what would happen if Madoka were to meet Urobuchi...
I wonder what would happen if all of Urobuchi's creations were to meet him :P That'd actually be worth paying for...
Paul said:

It's a shame these characters aren't actual characters from real series, the connection between viewers and the show would be so much stronger.

That would be really awesome, like Tsubasa Chronicle but with less recycled characters and from different authors. I'd like to see Guts put Kirito in his place.

Seriously though, this episode was nice. Selesia's creator basically drooling inside after seeing her in real life, that was priceless. Mamika realizing that battles come with real consequences. Souta being almost caught with possession of doujinshi material depicting Selesia... I wanted to see that (even if it's already a cliché). The pacing suffered a bit when library-chan was explaining her theories of world collision. Great animation though.

Another headscratcher is... what happened to the broadcast of Selesia's anime? I mean, in the previous episode, it looked like Souta watched it from the internet so I'm assuming it was an on-demand service (not streaming the real time broadcast). Whatever the case, what happened now that Selesia is gone from that world? I suppose that there would be no trouble since the production of her show is probably over by that point, but it seemed that her actions had immediate consequences on the streamed episode (Souta was able to watch everything as it was happening on his tablet), so it would make sense for it to affect the outcome of the series... or did it only affect his streamed version of the episode? Any follow up on this would be nice, I was expecting something about it in this episode.

What I don't really get is why Mamika started a fight out of nowhere, she was agreeing with Selesia for the most part... Unless they solve everything in her world with fights (that sounds more like a battle shonen series). It's like they wanted so hard to show Mamika's reaction to the real world consequences of fighting that they forgot to develop the reasons properly. Or perhaps they wanted some fillers to postpone the conversation with Selesia's creator. Still, not a deal breaker.
4/5
kchorrex2012Apr 16, 2017 6:45 PM
Apr 16, 2017 6:53 PM
Jul 2014
ichii_1 said:
Red hair a sht, slashing mamika like that when she already learned her mistake.

It's clear that Mamika operates entirely on the logic of the show she came from: a "us versus them," "black and white" mentality that expects opponents to see the "validity" of one's opinion upon defeat, a la Nanoha. This is rather neatly deconstructed by Celesia, since it's clear that Mamika didn't learn from her mistake; she expected her opponent to lay down arms to halt the destruction, and effectively blamed it on Celesia's "pride."

I liked this sequence quite a bit as it encourages the viewer to examine the thought processes behind each of the genres and how the deal (or don't) with compromise and notions of what should be considered just.

I think that Mamika's development will be interesting as the show goes on. She's never encountered people who would die for their ideals, for their own justice, rather than "see the light" upon being sufficiently clobbered. Given her simple mentality, I expect her to become much more of an "ends justifies the means" sort of character as time goes on.

Tenth said:
firemagnet said:

To a certain extent they're defying convention. Also, why would a character from a show for children be sexualized?

What are you on about, no one is talking about sexualization here, just magical transformations.

A few series with "full" Mahou Shojou transformations have been done with a, shall we say, male audience in mind. Particularly Nanoha and the (older) UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie.

Re:creators didn't take that avenue; it had a (greatly simplified) transformation sequence, likely due to time and plot considerations.

In the end, what I'm saying is that there wasn't a need for a full transformation sequence, as Mamika isn't the focus of the show.
Apr 16, 2017 7:00 PM
Jul 2014
kchorrex2012 said:
So basically this episode told us what would happen if Madoka were to meet Urobuchi...
I wonder what would happen if all of Urobuchi's creations were to meet him :P That'd actually be worth paying for...
Paul said:

It's a shame these characters aren't actual characters from real series, the connection between viewers and the show would be so much stronger.

That would be really awesome, like Tsubasa Chronicle but with less recycled characters and from different authors. I'd like to see Guts put Kirito in his place.

Seriously though, this episode was nice. Selesia's creator basically drooling inside after seeing her in real life, that was priceless. Mamika realizing that battles come with real consequences. Souta being almost caught with possession of doujinshi material depicting Selesia... I wanted to see that (even if it's already a cliché). The pacing suffered a bit when library-chan was explaining her theories of world collision. Great animation though.

Another headscratcher is... what happened to the broadcast of Selesia's anime? I mean, in the previous episode, it looked like Souta watched it from the internet so I'm assuming it was an on-demand service (not streaming the real time broadcast). Whatever the case, what happened now that Selesia is gone from that world? I suppose that there would be no trouble since the production of her show is probably over by that point, but it seemed that her actions had immediate consequences on the streamed episode (Souta was able to watch everything as it was happening on his tablet), so it would make sense for it to affect the outcome of the series... or did it only affect his streamed version of the episode? Any follow up on this would be nice, I was expecting something about it in this episode.

What I don't really get is why Mamika started a fight out of nowhere, she was agreeing with Selesia for the most part... Unless they solve everything in her world with fights (that sounds more like a battle shonen series). It's like they wanted so hard to show Mamika's reaction to the real world consequences of fighting that they forgot to develop the reasons properly. Or perhaps they wanted some fillers to postpone the conversation with Selesia's creator. Still, not a deal breaker.
4/5

Celesia's anime will go on. Remember that all these events in the light novels have already happened (as the anime is an adaptation). She's the extraction of that character, while whatever's in the anime is a facsimile. She doesn't simply disappear from her media.

Mamika's reason was pretty clear. It should be obvious from watching her that she operates entirely by the internal logic of her own show. She couldn't convince Meteora and Celesia with words, so after Celesia called her a brat she blasted Celesia out of the window and tried to "befriend" her a la Nanoha.
Apr 16, 2017 7:29 PM

Jul 2015
Opening was pretty awesome. Got somewhat of an explanation... I think... I think I got the gist of it all, but I was mostly just enjoying the montage of them messing around, but whatever. I find this anime kind of stupid, but in a funny way, like it's trying, but it's not trying to hard, so I need to take it seriously, but not too seriously. Anyway, I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of this so far and look forward to more. Now to figure out if that was a stand or a persona.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 16, 2017 7:39 PM

Jul 2014
So it was basically just expanding on the first episode with a ton of exposition coming from Meteora. Honestly they didn't have to go that fast... and I agree that Souta is a rather unappealing character who has no depth and his relevance to the plot doesn't justify it.
Apr 16, 2017 8:28 PM
Oct 2009
Daniel_Naumov said:
Deleth said:

I am really liking it for the fact that it is happening and the philosophical filling and reality unraveling. If anything, it will move someone into thinking, maybe even hard. That is all I would like. The creators of this one (which is already a third, if not a fourth, layer) probably want the same.

Well he might not be but it could make for a good reason for what she is doing. He abandoned his own creations a long time ago. Never finishing their world and leaving it a mess for some reason.

There were several characters who said they do not trust her declared intentions at all, he himself exhibited similar powers to her when he ended up in the first story. She might be genuinely using this as a ploy either to get back at him or try and get him involved with all of this to get him to finish her world.
Apr 16, 2017 9:14 PM
Dec 2013
Wow, I really REALLY like this show.
Apr 16, 2017 10:23 PM

Mar 2014
firemagnet said:
AzuStar said:
...so i guess Magical girls are gonna be shat on this series... i mean, sure magical girls actually solve problems without fighting more often than these battle royal IPs, but who cares truly. Love that they didnt sexualize her tho.

putting that aside wow, this magical girl sure can fight. those reflexes, that speed, those trapping tactics, and that explosive power. really hope she has more than three attacks tho :U really wanna see her fight the stand-user... as soon as she gets over godamn bleeding...

hmm... well that's kinda lame but more importantly. spoilers please?

Tenth said:
firemagnet said:

To a certain extent they're defying convention. Also, why would a character from a show for children be sexualized?

What are you on about, no one is talking about sexualization here, just magical transformations.

yea, there are ways to do a transformation w/o sexualizing anyone, like DoReMi magic.
Apr 17, 2017 12:09 AM

Apr 2017
A Daily kids show... Mahou Shoujo turns into a cute... apologetic raging... that tranquils fury through the viewers..

For your infomation.... Those Explosive Magical Splash.. detonates.. chipped off the old block.. from it's building.. A Real Massacres ended.. such a clean evasion fight in mid-air

Finding the Real Creator... from her TV Series...

How is she's not satisfied.. that she awakens into our world... xD

Who knew another Imaginary character... appears once more...

and notice to be the Last Boss in the game..

Reminds me of Kyouka Izumi... cause one of their abilities are definitely similar..

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Apr 17, 2017 12:45 AM
Sep 2011
Holy fucking shit i never hate mc like this before

Hope he died immediately, fucking useless screaming bitch mc

Apr 17, 2017 2:13 AM

Sep 2013
^ imagine this guy as a character.
Apr 17, 2017 4:07 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
More charactes appears, and even are strongest!!!
I think that, this world, the Creators World is in a great dangerous!!! kekeke

If you a pink heart on the sky, don´touch, is a bomb!!! lol
Apr 17, 2017 4:22 AM

Jun 2016
I think this anime give us every single genre that popular just think about it...

it's like 1 big paket in one anime.. that amazing

sry my grammar is bad
Apr 17, 2017 4:31 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty meh so far. I rly like the art and Sawano's music. But let's be honest here, story & characters seem to be garbage. Everything's just so chaotic (idk what's going on here tbh). Also, they talk way too much for the action series.

PS: it stinks of Aldnoah to boot.
Apr 17, 2017 4:36 AM

Jun 2016
i have my own theories about MC AND THE ANTAGONIS and the story..

1. i think mc is actually make the antogonis and also the anime that we are watching now... like in the 1 episode that he wanna tell us a story right !
2. in the this episode we saw that the MC is actually make a manga ? picture ? drawing ? i don't know but in my opinion. that drawing book have something the key.

but hey that is my theories a anime theories.. :)
Apr 17, 2017 5:30 AM

Oct 2013
TheKillerAngel said:
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, the OP song with clips made this look even more good.

I still don't like the Souta much, he just seems so unappealing. Celestia and Meteora are still adapting way better with society than I had expected. Compared to the first episode, this one felt more lighthearted.

Looks like one magical girl (Mamika Kouki) from the promo got introduced this week. Cute girl for sure. I don't think she and Celestia are going to get along well though. That Yuya guy might be tough to deal with too.

When Celestia started asking about Souta's fanart I thought she was going to end up finding dojinshi of herself.

lul

Me too :D

the show has a really interesting concept.
I hope they do not fuck up the plot or neglect character development
Apr 17, 2017 6:19 AM

Sep 2014
Again, this is quite an interesting take on the "fantasy world mixed up with reality".
I hope we dont get new characters every episode or else this would become a clusterfuck. Its quite a shame that the characters are from anime that dont exist. Maybe Im watching the wrong shows but they could have made cheap copies of popular anime for that matter. With no backstory to anybody I feel like its a wasted chance. But maybe more will come in the future.
I just think a little "introduction" for every character with a view from its specific world would be nice.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 17, 2017 6:20 AM

Apr 2012
Oh, Mamika. Reality bites, doesn't it?
Since she came from a kiddie magical girl show where damage is usually nonexistent or reverted when teh battle ends, and no one gets heavily injured you can really see the shock on her.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Apr 17, 2017 7:02 AM
Apr 2017
So souta is making a human-cat character
If you look closely at the ending song
At the end you can see a silver haired girl with cat ears at top left
Thank me later
darksidemlzApr 17, 2017 7:08 AM
Apr 17, 2017 7:02 AM
Sep 2016
i like how the pieces are being introduced slowly. loved that guy at the end. very interesting episode. looking forward to the next one very much
Apr 17, 2017 7:16 AM

Sep 2014
This Opening is wonderful and 2nd part is off the charts for me.

So that Military Uniform Princess is behind everyone's transfer between worlds huh , I thought she was just a character from Celestia's anime. Interesting who she is then if She's neither from certain anime nor the Creator from our world.
Apr 17, 2017 7:28 AM

Sep 2014
ManlyTear said:
Milk_is_Special said:

Is an anime character confirmed?

LOL! It's probably Dark Meteos instead with the P1 T-shirt :P

LUL Was that guy really similar to Dark Meteos ?
Apr 17, 2017 8:22 AM
Jul 2014
Orionite_ said:
This Opening is wonderful and 2nd part is off the charts for me.

So that Military Uniform Princess is behind everyone's transfer between worlds huh , I thought she was just a character from Celestia's anime. Interesting who she is then if She's neither from certain anime nor the Creator from our world.

Likely the creation of the girl who committed suicide in the first episode, with her death being the catalyst that allowed her to transcend the border between the worlds of fiction and the "real world."
Apr 17, 2017 8:27 AM

Sep 2016
Hinata said:
Such an awesome story so far better than SAO. I rather be in a world where anime characters come to life.

I have no idea from where all the hype comes from. This anime world has no Laws of Physics, characters are shallow especially main character is useless and annoying.
The only thing this anime has going for it is that it has an interesting concept and that is all.

I guess i am not dropping this because it has potential, but i am not optimistic that it will get much better down the line

Do not take life too seriously.
You will never get out of it alive.

Apr 17, 2017 10:31 AM

Aug 2009
This was definitely better than the first episode. Some exposition in the first half, but it was handled pretty well. The action in the second half looked surprisingly good.
I'm really wondering where this show is going. They could do some really fun things with this reverse isekai concept.
4/5
Apr 17, 2017 10:56 AM

Feb 2014
This show is right up my alley
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 17, 2017 11:15 AM

Aug 2008
I wonder how these characters will react if they saw their doujin.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 17, 2017 11:30 AM
Mar 2016
So we have an anime characters and game character who came in to life in the human world , dang, the plot was pretty much a knock off of this movie

Apr 17, 2017 11:49 AM

May 2009
Duck_knight said:
Holy fucking shit i never hate mc like this before

Hope he died immediately, fucking useless screaming bitch mc

Explain what is wrong with him. What the fuck do you expect from him?
Apr 17, 2017 12:21 PM

Jul 2013
nep-nep said:
^ imagine this guy as a character.
That character already exists. It's called Shadow the Hedgehog.
Apr 17, 2017 12:44 PM
Jul 2018
Zapredon said:
I wonder how these characters will react if they saw their doujin.

i actually thought they would find a doujin while they were searching his selves.

It would be really nice if they decide to add a scene like this though.
Apr 17, 2017 1:27 PM

Jan 2011
I really wonder what the point of this Main character ?
he add nothing to story, no motivation

Apr 17, 2017 2:12 PM

Apr 2016
God the musics were great
I don't remember if it was the same for the first episode but damn

Also I don't really like the magical character but it fits well in the script of the anime so, we'll see. But I kinda like more and more Selesia ~

❝ They went looking for the gods,
and died in lonely places ❞
Apr 17, 2017 2:18 PM

Feb 2015
I throught that Mamika will become the best girl for me, well shit.

Anyway I want to see the mech guy already.
Apr 17, 2017 2:39 PM

Jan 2016
Damn I really like the concept of this anime. There is persona, madoka magica and its like asuna.And that opening is so good now with the clips. Really like Hiroyuki Sawano songs. I think that Souta is the creator of that silver haired princess
Apr 17, 2017 3:23 PM

Jul 2012
As someone who watches way to many PreCure (well from 2012 to present), I can see why Mamika is confused (and petrified) after seeing the damages she has made. Plus, watching Precure (or any modern day kid-friendly MG show) with "fighting" as a way to show justice is like... Wow.. Turned into meta when this method applies to real life. Poor baby... (Being she's 14 like every other magical girl show.)

I find it priceless that Celestia's creator also watches her show, kind of a nod to the *ahem* adult fandom of PreCure in JP.

Otherwise holy shit-pit this is good.

I love how the first two lady leads adapt so easily and Meteora being like Souta's first "Fire Emblem" styled waifu.

I can't wait for more. I'm surprised that light hearted moments are included in this. Me-likey!

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Apr 17, 2017 5:43 PM

Dec 2008
Celestia needs to take Mamika over her knee and spank her ass till it bleeds. Even after realizing that people can be hurt and killed in this world, she still launches another damaging Magical Splash. Glad Yuya intercepted. Hopefully, he'll beat some sense into Mamika.
Apr 17, 2017 5:45 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Well, otakubait. Since it is so wish-fulfilling, it is going to attract many people.

Nothing amazed me from this episode. Things do not make much of sense either. Example, the characters could have been still cosplayers. Or do they have the voice actor's voice?

The action scene was dull, throwing those characters out of nowhere.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

401 by Selcukyilmaz »»
May 14, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

267 by Code0018 »»
Jan 10, 12:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.