Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2017 2:44 AM

Apr 2015
A really absurd plot premise, but hey - what's made anime what it is today? This is my guilty pleasure. xD

Apr 16, 2017 2:45 AM

Jun 2013
the OP is good and ost too and this is really interesting fictional characters are coming to life
Apr 16, 2017 2:48 AM

May 2016
this anime is too serious compared to others this season, that precious Gunpuku girl should not be revealed too soon anyway.
Apr 16, 2017 3:00 AM

Jul 2016
I'm loving this anime in a "so-bad-it's-good" way. On paper it sounds like the bad Doctor Who fanfiction I wrote when I was 9, but it's executed in a way that just has me laughing non-stop for the whole episode.

That scene where the Magical Girl is beating the shit out the Main Girl and then drops to her knees in shock after realising that she's actually hurting someone. I think I laughed way more than I should have at that scene. And now they're ripping off Persona as well! This is amazing!

I get the feeling this is going to be the Akiba's Trip of this season, and if it can be as funny as Akiba's Trip (intentionally or not) I'm gonna stick with it.
Apr 16, 2017 3:06 AM

Jul 2013
This. Now this is interesting. The show I'm going to look forward to every week lole.

I wonder if there's gonna be like any military that sees them as terrorists and tries to rid of them lol.
lol
Apr 16, 2017 3:26 AM

Aug 2013
Damn that stupid magical girl needs some slappin'.
I like the new guy, just hope they don't go justice saving that loli magical girl.
That would really be ironic.
Apr 16, 2017 4:09 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I think i'll just watch for the action and have a good time with that. The plot seems alright and i think, there will be more focus on characters here.

The best scene here was Mamika and her realization that there is blood here, that was a nice detail and well done.

Apr 16, 2017 4:21 AM

Mar 2016
I'm really loving this show A LOT. 2nd episode was even better than the 1st. More into the characters this episode and where they come from. I initially thought the characters would all come from a single anime xD Or atleast any anime series but it seems they come from various sources like games as well.

We get to know more about the characters which was nice. Celestia being pissed about her picture being up there for everyone to see was hilarious xD I legit thought she would find some dirty magazines when she went digging into Souta's room haha. Will be interesting to see what characters Souto is gonna bring to life.
Do the characters come to life after it gets a serialization or when you finish drawing the character because I kinda have this feeling that the white haired girl from the first episode might turn out to be Souta's creation xD Probably not as relevant but will characters have the same voice as their VA's? xD Do have a lot of questions haha.

An introduction to Mamika, a magical girl and also a final villain. Is he from an anime or a game? I didn't notice them mentioning that ^^
It was pretty interesting to see Mamika's reaction after destroying the buildings around her and noticing Celestia coughing up blood, coming into realization that all of this is real and goes into a breakdown. The final villain character is gonna be OP as fuck.

The interactions between various characters between different sources(Anime, game etc.) is gonna be a really fun to watch. Only 2 episodes are out and this is already AOTS for me(Not including sequels)

Episodes felt really short. Was over before I knew it xD Really excited to watch more of this. Boy am I glad this is a 2-cour series :D

Apr 16, 2017 4:26 AM
Oct 2010
I think at this point I am going to agree with the hypothesis people had in the first thread and say that the main antagonist (Himegimi) is a creation of Souta.

My theory about personalities hindering Himegimi's ability to convince them to join her cause seems to add up as well. I'm predicting she will go with villains from darker media after a few unsuccessful attempts at trying to convince protagonists who tend to be on the good side.

I did enjoy the dialogue with the magical girl though, the lack of blood, collateral damage and the overly reasonable enemies shaped her mindset.. and it was a shock to her when she finally met people who didn't fit her world view (and she reacted pretty badly to).

It's also interesting that selesia is limited because she didn't bring her mech over. I'm wondering if the creators can just make their characters OP or something after they are in the current world, or if they can only do so prior to them coming over (I greatly hope it's the latter). I'm sure somewhere along a character like the guy from Mahouka is going to come along to.

Lastly, I did enjoy the rival guy's power. JoJo and persona immediately came to mind.
Apr 16, 2017 4:42 AM
Apr 2017
First episode we got 1 human character + 2 anime/game characters
Second episode we got 1 human character (selesia maker)+ 2 anime/game characters
Probably the third episode will be the same
So I'm gonna wait for that old guy and the Knight girl + that fat guy at the ed song
darksidemlzApr 16, 2017 4:53 AM
Apr 16, 2017 4:51 AM

Aug 2012
GD1551 said:
I think at this point I am going to agree with the hypothesis people had in the first thread and say that the main antagonist (Himegimi) is a creation of Souta.

But it's weird that Souta doens't realize his own creation(face/design stuff)

I also noticed this at the ED

Maybe it shows who is the creator and the character they create base on there sitting arrangment.

Fat guy > Meteora
Four-eyes > Celestia
Souta >blue haired girl

Apr 16, 2017 5:06 AM
Apr 2017
Is it just me or the girl with the creepy smile and purple hair might actually an alchemist
Apr 16, 2017 5:29 AM

Apr 2014

Is an anime character confirmed?
Apr 16, 2017 5:38 AM
Oct 2010
Autunna said:
GD1551 said:

Maybe it shows who is the creator and the character they create base on there sitting arrangment.

Fat guy > Meteora
Four-eyes > Celestia
Souta >blue haired girl

While there is some correlation there, don't forget that antagonists can also appear out of the works. We already know the biker looking dude is a rival character, so it doesn't seem too far fetched to assume that Himegimi could be the main antagonist of his creation.
Apr 16, 2017 5:45 AM

Sep 2009
So let's get this out of the way.

This is basically that movie, The Last Action Hero.

Awesome.

Apr 16, 2017 5:47 AM

Sep 2013
Can we just turn this series into Fate and have all of these characters fight to the death alongside their creators?
Apr 16, 2017 6:13 AM

Nov 2011
This episode is much more convincing than the previous one, but also the protagonist, candidly admitted that the first episode, it was a little confusing. XD
I admit that the sharp division between the situations that we see in the story, in a sense I like; because it makes clearer understanding of the events themselves. Exciting the second part of the episode, in which dominates the action. I am happy that the quality of designs has improved from the previous episode. Let's go ahead with the vision of this anime series.
Apr 16, 2017 6:18 AM

May 2010
Goku said:
Is that a stand or a susanoo
Persona!

(i admit im playing nothing else than P5 currently)
Apr 16, 2017 6:20 AM

May 2016
Loving this right now.

Love the philosophical aspect of this show and I hope they go DEEPER to it.

The creation theory and the simulation hypothesis.

I for one do believe that we are living in simulation of a greater power at work. Can't wait for science to finally catch up and prove it. Hopefully I live long enough to see that day.

Considering the fact the past present and future is set (scientifically proven!)

We have to be living in a simulation, right? The thought of some higher being out there is currently running our lives is so crazy y'all. Also multiverse is real.
TeamDalaiLanaApr 16, 2017 6:31 AM
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Apr 16, 2017 6:35 AM

Jul 2014
So when do they summon Goku?

Joking aside I really like this anime! its a huge what if of your characters coming to life, that magical girl got some truth smashed on her face, yes lil girl, BLOOD EXISTS!
Apr 16, 2017 6:39 AM

May 2016
Also love how the show challenges god.

He ain't always right. His rules are not the Bible lol. God can be an idiot.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Apr 16, 2017 6:43 AM

Oct 2008
This is clashing of the story of the Creator vs the story of another Creator!
dis gona be cool!
5/5!

Apr 16, 2017 7:38 AM

May 2013
TeamDalaiLana said:
Also love how the show challenges god.

He ain't always right. His rules are not the Bible lol. God can be an idiot.

sounds like that webcomic "God of Highschool"
Apr 16, 2017 7:47 AM

Dec 2013
I'm pretty sure now that Gunpuku or the military girl as shes known is a future creation of the main character.
Apr 16, 2017 8:02 AM

May 2013
I'm just glad that Fumika from "Shigofumi" didn't pull out someone so OP like anyone from supershounen anime like "Dragonball" or "Saint Seiya" or "God of Highschool" or "Superman" 'cause if she did the real world would be blown to smithereens.
Poor Meruru--I mean Mamika; reality hit her hard. The bio for that guy who saved Celestia sound like he's from Tokyo Majin (Tokyo Underground).
Somehow the ED song is convincing me that this entire anime is just the main character's dream except for his original character.
Apr 16, 2017 8:32 AM
Nov 2015
Autunna said:
GD1551 said:

Fat guy > Meteora
Four-eyes > Celestia
Souta >blue haired girl

I'm pretty sure it's a boy, and he is from the mecha anime that we see a poster of in the first episode, so he/she's not Sota's creation.

ScapaFlow47 said:
I'm pretty sure now that Gunpuku or the military girl as shes known is a future creation of the main character.

It's important to understand the very first moments of the anime, Sota states that the girl who kills herself in the beginning (possibly his sister) can be considered the "main character", as she is the cause of the anime's events. If this girl is Himegimi's creator, that would explain how she recognizes Sota, without some complicated time-travel theory.
Apr 16, 2017 8:37 AM

Aug 2014
Die_HeadKutter said:
Is it just me or the girl with the creepy smile and purple hair might actually an alchemist

Oh yeah... I told myself "are those Roy Mustang's gloves?"
Apr 16, 2017 8:41 AM

Nov 2011
Much better then episode 1, but still kind of stupid at points. Mamika is an airhead.

Im surprised how much I like Selestia though, usually I am not fond of the Main red haired characters. I'm also okay with Sota as well, but Meteroa is bae right now.

Also Yuya is pretty bad ass! I'm hyped to see him get more involved now.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 16, 2017 8:54 AM

Dec 2014
well the concept is so good with so many possibilities...
Apr 16, 2017 9:56 AM
Jul 2014
Autunna said:
GD1551 said:

Fat guy > Meteora
Four-eyes > Celestia
Souta >blue haired girl

Girl is a guy, and he's not Souta's creation. Himegimi is either linked to the girl who committed suicide or to souta himself.
Apr 16, 2017 10:13 AM

Aug 2014
Magical girl facing reality is a nice touch. Her (lack of ) transformation scene was lame though.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 16, 2017 10:23 AM

Jun 2015
Getting really hyped with this series, too many things unexplored as for now. Overall is good, especially the soundtracks. Kinda glad it gets 22 episodes, it just needs to keep the pacing fine.
9/10
Apr 16, 2017 10:41 AM
Jul 2014
Raphene said:
Getting really hyped with this series, too many things unexplored as for now. Overall is good, especially the soundtracks. Kinda glad it gets 22 episodes, it just needs to keep the pacing fine.
9/10

Mild prediction: given that the series is 22 episodes long, and the we will have all of the characters introduced by episode 4, I suspect that at some point the "simulation" hypothesis will be either proven or negated by episode 11. Episode 12 will likely start leaning on the actual fourth wall of this show.
Apr 16, 2017 10:53 AM

Jul 2014
Summon Saitama plox
Apr 16, 2017 10:55 AM

Aug 2008
Fucking magical girls are everywhere. This episode was pretty boring on top of having jarring magical girl crap and bad music. Speaking of crap, why did this pink thing go batshit crazy....?

I guess one more episode to see if it will make at least a guilty pleasure.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 16, 2017 10:57 AM

Sep 2016
The story is alright for now but the fighting's animaition were great.

A good ep overall.
Apr 16, 2017 11:04 AM

Jul 2010
QuattroVaginas said:
Magical girl facing reality is a nice touch. Her (lack of ) transformation scene was lame though.

Super lame, expected them to go full in but nope.
Apr 16, 2017 11:09 AM

Dec 2014
so, the person who has watched & played the highest number of animes/games will stand highest ground here.

..further to push the question of the existence of gods towards the fact that may be all of us are gods..that's some matrix theme(are we in a VR already) right there..

also the questions which all of us have imagined at some point that is a showdown between our favorite characters from different shows.....this show has put all of these and may be more i one show...spectacular!!

Apr 16, 2017 11:11 AM

Sep 2016
whether this anime turned out to be good or not depends on how much the Persona guy is going to carry this anime. at least make him gilgamesh clone.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 16, 2017 11:20 AM
Jul 2014
Tenth said:
QuattroVaginas said:

To a certain extent they're defying convention. Also, why would a character from a show for children be sexualized?
Apr 16, 2017 11:20 AM

Sep 2013
Red hair a sht, slashing mamika like that when she already learned her mistake.
Apr 16, 2017 11:25 AM

Apr 2016
Man! I love how they made that OP theme song.
The animation is just looks so brilliant!
I love the interaction between the characters and 2 new characters from the cover appeared!
The reaction of the creator seeing Selestia though. Well, I can't blame him coz she's really hot. :v
It seems that the Magical Girl is on the side of Gunpuku no Himegimi.
The Shades Guy looks badass but I hope he won't be a troublesome character but I believe he will be a good badass coz we need those kinds of characters. :)

Well, Gunpuku no Himegimi didn't appear in this episode but at least I saw her in the opening song. I just love mysterious badass-looking characters and I hope I can see her in the next episode.

A week of waiting again!
Looking forward for another enjoyable and interesting episode.
Apr 16, 2017 11:25 AM

Jul 2010
firemagnet said:
Tenth said:

To a certain extent they're defying convention. Also, why would a character from a show for children be sexualized?

What are you on about, no one is talking about sexualization here, just magical transformations.
Apr 16, 2017 11:27 AM

Jun 2015
firemagnet said:

Mild prediction: given that the series is 22 episodes long, and the we will have all of the characters introduced by episode 4, I suspect that at some point the "simulation" hypothesis will be either proven or negated by episode 11. Episode 12 will likely start leaning on the actual fourth wall of this show.

Still too many possibilities as for now, but I think that there're 2 things to note: how do the worlds "collide" (its mechanism and the mastermind behind), and I expect there'll be some kind of twist in the plot (it might be darker than it seems), dunno though. And as you said, it should be quite clear within the half of the story.
Apr 16, 2017 12:11 PM
Apr 2016
SO MUCH REFERENCES, I AM IN LOVE WITH THE SHOW! Great Meta, great animation, great action. Anime of the season so far
Lax_CauxApr 16, 2017 7:02 PM
Apr 16, 2017 12:47 PM

Jun 2012
tfw the Madoka rip-off questions the state of violence she's caused. Epic.
Apr 16, 2017 1:17 PM

May 2014
Edit: I can't believe a magical girl actually won against a full packed action character.

That was an interesting story, so are they going to go to fight against God eventually? The final creator.
It's a very interesting idea this, the first ED is quite thoughtful too.
Oh and whatever happened to the mcdo sponsorship.
Goku said:
Is that a stand or a susanoo

Both.
KamSungApr 17, 2017 3:33 PM
Apr 16, 2017 1:18 PM

Oct 2013
Milk_is_Special said:

Is an anime character confirmed?

LOL! It's probably Dark Meteos instead with the P1 T-shirt :P
Apr 16, 2017 1:37 PM

Jan 2016
Once I heard to new guys voice... I knew right off the bat it was one of my favorite voice actors. I'm loving this anime even more now XD
Apr 16, 2017 1:48 PM

Jul 2016
firemagnet said:
SmugAnimeBoy said:
I love how the characters aren't limited to anime and manga but also come from video games.
It's interesting to see how these different genres of stories interact and clash with each other; Mamika being traumatized by the violence she caused was a real eye-opener, and now with Yuuya in the scene, it's probably gonna get even more delightful.
It's also interesting to see the characters want to meet their creators and give them a piece of their mind. I really hope the show continues to stretch out its potential to the absolute fullest, since it has the most I've seen in a while, and since it's an original anime, then it's almost limitless.
One complaint I do have was the seeming lack of witnesses when there's a big fight happening, seeing as how the city was completely barren when Celestia and Mamika were fighting. But, since they're pretty much fighting out in the open with no regard for secrecy, I'm sure it'll cause a stir soon enough. Overall, this was a really good episode with lots of good interaction and exposition.

P.S.: I want a poster of Celestia's photo.

There were already people recording Mamika's transformation on their cellphones and tablets. Others were clearly recording outside before debris started to fall.

True enough, but I expected a larger crowd forming outside, too. I get that there's a lot of destruction going on, but people don't evacuate that quickly. The building Celestia flew through was completely empty. Maybe there is something going on, but the show prefers to focus on the fight, though it may switch focus at a more important time.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2017

260 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:56 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

207 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:23 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

237 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

244 by Karva1 »»
May 26, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2017

377 by Karva1 »»
May 25, 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.