Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2017 4:55 PM
Apr 2017
I actually got AB and BakaBT account and I'm a active seeder on both trackers.

AB has its caveats though, its a unregulated tracker, meaning if you want to get the best quality anime, your on youre own.

Bakabt on the other hand is not really meant to be your daily driver animu torrent tracker site thing. It's a archival tracker, meaning you can get the best quality anime, manga, <insert jap stuff here>.

I can still remember the 1st day I registered on BBT using my DSL based connection with crappy <1mbit upload. And now im running under 300mbit symmetric connection under FTTH,which is seeding about 150mbit on peak hours and full 300mbit on offpeak. which is great since on off peak, the other side of the planet is day time so I get more leech hits at off peak than peak hours in my country. I also dont login to bakabt that much but I have place a curl script on my NAS to do daily logins so I dont need to bother my self to login my account regularly to avoid getting my account pruned.

If you ask me which side is good, well none. For archival, youre best bet is bakabt, AB has a lot of dead seed torrents while Bakabt managed it with all torrent well seeded if not with active seeder.AB in the other hand had many things to offer that BBT doesnt and that includes the licensed stuff.

Is bakabt going to die after they went to secret club website? Well highly unlikely.

For me, when I download anime in batch, I just check it out first in BBT then AB else Nyaa.

Apr 18, 2017 9:44 AM
Apr 2013
Hello everyone. As one of the moderators on BakaBT I'd like to say a couple of things.

For starters, I would highly appreciate if people stopped circling the rumour that BakaBT servers were USA based. They were not.

Secondly, a lot of things are going on right now, and we are relocating our servers at the moment, as you can see in one of our Twitter announcements. It might take a couple of more days, but we will get there.

In any case, please stop making assumptions, and wait for upcoming announcements. Twitter will be our main way of announcing stuff during the downtime.

-------------------------------------

I would also like to remind you that accounts on BBT that have been inactive for 11 months (i.e. not logged in) will prune.

And lastly, my thanks to all those of you who stuck with us for many years through fire and hell.

Regards,
Nodame
Apr 18, 2017 11:43 AM

Sep 2007
Nodachiiiii said:

I would also like to remind you that accounts on BBT that have been inactive for 11 months (i.e. not logged in) will prune.

And lastly, my thanks to all those of you who stuck with us for many years through fire and hell.

Regards,
Nodame

Phew, was worried I may have lost my account for a second there.
Apr 19, 2017 12:52 AM
Jun 2010
Nodachiiiii said:

In any case, please stop making assumptions, and wait for upcoming announcements. Twitter will be our main way of announcing stuff during the downtime

Can you confirm whether you're going private or not which has been previously stated? Or was that a rumor also?
Apr 19, 2017 1:00 AM

Apr 2012
Akumaphyre said:
Can you confirm whether you're going private or not which has been previously stated? Or was that a rumor also?
Noda just explained wait for a twit man.
Apr 19, 2017 1:14 AM
Jun 2010
EratiK said:
Akumaphyre said:
Noda just explained wait for a twit man.

Yeah I get that, but there's that screenshot where it just flat out says they're going private. I'll wait but that's kind of hard to misinterpret.
AkumaphyreApr 19, 2017 2:13 AM
Apr 21, 2017 1:03 PM
Jul 2014
guess avistaz just became better than nothing lol
Apr 21, 2017 1:49 PM

May 2010
Haven't been paying attention to this topic. Whenever they get their invite system up, if that's what they go to, then I can try to get some of you folks in0 I guess.
Apr 21, 2017 6:03 PM

Jul 2014
BakaBT should be like Kim DotCom and move servers to NZ.
Apr 21, 2017 6:07 PM

Jul 2016
BakaBT living up to its name and going full baka na.
Apr 21, 2017 8:06 PM

Jan 2011
Well someone hit me with an invite when you can.
Apr 22, 2017 12:32 PM

May 2010
It works again, in case anyone was wondering <3
Apr 28, 2017 4:31 PM
Oct 2009
Now this is really sad news.
Wasn't using it a lot the last years since I wasn't ass much anymore, but it was always reassuring to know if you find an old title that you wanna watch there is a site that most likely has it.

Good news is that I still have quite a lot that I haven't watched yet.

And a shout-out to al the seeders out there:
Thank You! Without you I most likely would have missed out on a lot of good stuff.
May 1, 2017 11:04 PM
May 2017
First Bakabt and now Nyaa? Nyaa has shut down for good.
May 3, 2017 7:59 AM
May 2017
IpreferEcchi said:
BakaBT living up to its name and going full baka na.

In case the reason for the change has NOT been given yet (I’m not gonna scan through all posts for it) here it is… BBT was under the gun from their old ISP citing DMCA Takedown notices although they had no real grounds no merit, their ISP was getting antsy and things were looking very dire and they had to make a quick choice to relocate everything. This is the risk one takes when they operate publicly like they were, ANYONE can come in see a picture / video / audio or whatever and claim… “OH THAT LOOKS 45% Like our copy written material shut them down!!” even though the reality is it’s nothing like it what so ever.
This is the type of B.S. they have been having to deal with….
I don’t know what form BBT will take when all is said and done, but give them time... they will sort this out!
May 3, 2017 5:09 PM
May 2017
Hi to all...

Before I start, let me tell to all of you that I normally speak spanish, so it surely I will have some bad issues writing this post.

Im a regitered user of BakaBT since like 5 yeras or so, this group was always private status due so that all members are obligatory to keep some percentage of uploads to not get banned, till here many of you surely knew this.

Another reason its about donations, this site keeps alive torres from some old anime like the original macross which its so dificult to get anyware else, to be a donator helps with some points to help your percentage of uploads, that means you are capable of more downloads.

This is what happened, the staff members didn get enough donations for payments so they where forced to 1st close doors to guest search so that means the login page at the start, the staff says at this moment the way to sing up its down but will be on due time, so anyone could register in the future. So donators and users who have good rate of sharing like me, can still download.

2nd They are working about migration to another server, this is the very important reason to the login page, because some algorithm from some company that keep monitoring the web, always make some mistakes about no licenced files within the shared torrents, to avoid legal stuff from the new host server owner they put the login page to disable searching scripts like google to bring a false licence violation. The owner of the former host just say a final word to leave and to migrate somewhere else.

At the time Im writing this post BakaBt is down for maintenance/server upgrade, if you are a user who forgot your password you will be able to recover it later when that system is on line again, but the admin dont know when will be that day.

https://twitter.com/bakabt?lang=en
May 4, 2017 1:29 AM
Jun 2009
EmptyNest said:
Thanks for your quick responses .... you all seem like a great group

Bakaby has always been semi-private

However, it seems to have suddenly (without any warning I've seen) gone totally private.
It seems it is no longer possible to even visit their home page without a username and password and there is absolutely no discernible way to register or sign up as a member.

For at least a decade (up until a few days ago) I always used it as a guest. Now that seems impossible. When I try to got to anything on the site (homepage, browse, follow a torrent link, etc.) I merely get the same page - which has the sentence "The Future never comes. What comes is always here now." Osha then fields for a username and password.

There is no way to register and no further info. Does anyone know whether this is temporary or permanent? Anyone with inside or authoritative knowledge of this? And will it be possible to register?
Or will I need an invite from a member before I can register? If that is the case I can't imagine how that would even happen.

I know a lot of folks don't like Bakabt but I always found their anime to be well subbed and the pictures and synopsis always helped inform me, not to mention the relatively fast downloads.

So I hate to lose it as a resource. Does anyone know how to access it NOW? Any help is and will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for your input -
Yes BakaBT has gone private now for anyone asking why? IT is because of DMCA
May 4, 2017 1:50 AM
Jun 2009
remlei said:
I actually got AB and BakaBT account and I'm a active seeder on both trackers.

AB has its caveats though, its a unregulated tracker, meaning if you want to get the best quality anime, your on youre own.

Bakabt on the other hand is not really meant to be your daily driver animu torrent tracker site thing. It's a archival tracker, meaning you can get the best quality anime, manga, <insert jap stuff here>.

I can still remember the 1st day I registered on BBT using my DSL based connection with crappy <1mbit upload. And now im running under 300mbit symmetric connection under FTTH,which is seeding about 150mbit on peak hours and full 300mbit on offpeak. which is great since on off peak, the other side of the planet is day time so I get more leech hits at off peak than peak hours in my country. I also dont login to bakabt that much but I have place a curl script on my NAS to do daily logins so I dont need to bother my self to login my account regularly to avoid getting my account pruned.

If you ask me which side is good, well none. For archival, youre best bet is bakabt, AB has a lot of dead seed torrents while Bakabt managed it with all torrent well seeded if not with active seeder.AB in the other hand had many things to offer that BBT doesnt and that includes the licensed stuff.

Is bakabt going to die after they went to secret club website? Well highly unlikely.

For me, when I download anime in batch, I just check it out first in BBT then AB else Nyaa.

getting invite on AB is so darn hard lucky for you you got an acct there
May 4, 2017 7:28 AM
Jun 2013
Oh Christ almighty, I was able to re-enable my AB account. Seeing all the trackers go down made me panic a bit there.
May 4, 2017 7:39 AM
Jun 2009
Kyle_Hyde said:
Oh Christ almighty, I was able to re-enable my AB account. Seeing all the trackers go down made me panic a bit there.
lucky for you i never manage to get an invite from AB and they never open their application for invites
May 4, 2017 7:49 AM

Aug 2009
I used to have account on BAKABT, but was offline over a year. Is there a way to restore acc?
May 4, 2017 8:22 AM

Sep 2014
CanisTomek said:
I used to have account on BAKABT, but was offline over a year. Is there a way to restore acc?

Nope, i don't think so.

May 4, 2017 8:55 PM

Feb 2015
Mirookami said:
CanisTomek said:

Nope, i don't think so.

Interesting... I still can''t access BBT here.
May 4, 2017 10:38 PM

Jan 2008
kuroi8 said:
First Bakabt and now Nyaa? Nyaa has shut down for good.

Never really liked Bakabt anyway except for music compilations and the occasional old stuff not available anywhere else on the planet. I liked Nyaa a lot more just for the sole purpose of filtering subbed/raws shows with other great filtering features for finding stuff I would never have watched or read otherwise. Now that Nyaa is also dead apparently due to an EU ruling (Fuck the EU. Hope the unelected superstate dies too), it is dark times we live in.
May 4, 2017 11:01 PM
Jun 2009
_Ako_ said:
Mirookami said:

Nope, i don't think so.

Interesting... I still can''t access BBT here.

it is still down due too a hardware issue by the provider i believe
May 5, 2017 12:20 AM
Apr 2010
Damn, I had an AB account but I got banned because of inactivity :'D
Now my only hope is that I logged into Bakabt in the past 11 months.

Anyway, here is a great russian tracker:
http://rutracker.org/forum/index.php

There are like everything, most of them even with a russian dub :D
But you can find here softsubed/dual audio version from almost every anime. Registration is needed I think but it's open once you have found the registration button.
May 5, 2017 12:47 AM
Jun 2009
dottris said:
Damn, I had an AB account but I got banned because of inactivity :'D
Now my only hope is that I logged into Bakabt in the past 11 months.

Anyway, here is a great russian tracker:
http://rutracker.org/forum/index.php

There are like everything, most of them even with a russian dub :D
But you can find here softsubed/dual audio version from almost every anime. Registration is needed I think but it's open once you have found the registration button.
lol i cant understand a thing in that site
May 5, 2017 1:22 AM
Apr 2010
deathnote00 said:

Trust me, me neither :D
I have found the registration menu after about 10 min and I know where is the search bar, that' all.
May 5, 2017 1:26 AM
Jun 2009
dottris said:
deathnote00 said:

Trust me, me neither :D
I have found the registration menu after about 10 min and I know where is the search bar, that' all.
XD but as i look at you stats you are the same as me we both have our acct for a almost a decade but we just started posting
May 5, 2017 4:33 AM

May 2009
So... will BakaBT be back or not? Will it open in another domain or are we supposed to look some place else?
Gaming channel just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/cataorshane
May 6, 2017 3:53 AM
Dec 2011
BBT will always be second to AB

also think i got 10 invites on my account for AB
May 6, 2017 8:06 AM

Jun 2014
Mutant said:

And what exactly is "AB" supposed to be?

May 6, 2017 8:08 AM

Jun 2011
Seiya said:
Mutant said:

animebytes​​​​​​​​​
May 6, 2017 8:11 AM

Jun 2014
Narmy said:
Seiya said:

animebytes​​​​​​​​​

Does that site even have much Anime to offer? And is it torrents?

May 6, 2017 8:13 AM

Jun 2011
Seiya said:
Narmy said:

animebytes​​​​​​​​​

Yeah it has all the anime, but you need an invite to join.
May 6, 2017 8:15 AM

Jun 2014
Narmy said:
Seiya said:

Even all the obscure 80s OVAs that nobody has heard about?

May 6, 2017 8:15 AM

Jun 2011
Seiya said:
Narmy said:

I dunno, name one and I'll check.
May 6, 2017 8:18 AM

Jun 2014
Narmy said:
Seiya said:

I'll name a few I've already seen:

Salamander
Mujigen Hunter Fandora
Nozomi Witches
Antique Heart
Carol
Circuit Angel
Hoshikuzu Paradise
Nayuta

May 6, 2017 8:21 AM

Jun 2011
Seiya said:
Narmy said:

Salamander
Mujigen Hunter Fandora
Nozomi Witches
Antique Heart
Carol
Circuit Angel
Hoshikuzu Paradise
Nayuta

It's got all those.
May 6, 2017 8:22 AM

Jun 2014
Narmy said:
Seiya said:

Salamander
Mujigen Hunter Fandora
Nozomi Witches
Antique Heart
Carol
Circuit Angel
Hoshikuzu Paradise
Nayuta

It's got all those.

So does BakaBT. My BakaBT account still works, so I won't bother with Animebytes.

May 6, 2017 4:23 PM
Dec 2011
Seiya said:
Narmy said:

It's got all those.

So does BakaBT. My BakaBT account still works, so I won't bother with Animebytes.

AB just has more torrent/subs options and usually in better quality
May 6, 2017 4:26 PM

Jun 2014
Mutant said:
Seiya said:

I mostly watch older stuff, so I'm used to seeing 480p 4:3 Anime. If something happens to BakaBT, I'll try AB, but right now I have no reason to.

May 6, 2017 11:06 PM

Oct 2011
Mutant said:

Oh, where were you a few years ago when I was frantically wanted to get in. Took me 2 tries until I got accepted. Spanned over 6 months. But the wait was worth it.

I use(d) both bakabt and AnimeBytes, and AB is much much superior. I learned that if something is not on AB, then it's not anywhere.
May 7, 2017 4:46 AM

May 2015
BakaBT is down?

First Nyaa now BakaBT, im f%&ked
May 7, 2017 5:59 AM

May 2009
So... can anyone send me an invite do ab? Please
May 7, 2017 6:07 AM

Oct 2007
CataOrShane said:

Taken from AnimeBytes' wiki page:

AnimeBytes said:
Buying invites is prohibited.
Buying an account is prohibited.
Obtaining your invite from a public giveaway is prohibited.
Sharing your account is prohibited.
Giving away your account is prohibited.
You will be held responsible if users you invite get disabled for breaking the rules.
Offering invites in public is prohibited.

In short, no one who values their AB account is going to invite you if they don't know/trust you.
May 7, 2017 1:24 PM

May 2015
Kuromii said:
CataOrShane said:

AnimeBytes said:
Buying invites is prohibited.
Buying an account is prohibited.
Obtaining your invite from a public giveaway is prohibited.
Sharing your account is prohibited.
Giving away your account is prohibited.
You will be held responsible if users you invite get disabled for breaking the rules.
Offering invites in public is prohibited.

In short, no one who values their AB account is going to invite you if they don't know/trust you.

How does this work as most people that tend to be really into Anime don't exactly have many friends.
May 7, 2017 1:34 PM

Oct 2007
jedman said:
Kuromii said:

How does this work as most people that tend to be really into Anime don't exactly have many friends.

I'm just a normal user on there, I'm not staff or anything so I can't speak for how well the invite rules work, I can only pass the message along.
May 7, 2017 1:48 PM

May 2009
How the fuck does anyone become a member there? What the fuck? Is it supposed to be some kind of secret organization that works in the shadows to rule the world?
May 7, 2017 2:04 PM

Feb 2008
Seiya said:
Mutant said:

I mostly watch older stuff, so I'm used to seeing 480p 4:3 Anime. If something happens to BakaBT, I'll try AB, but right now I have no reason to.

They got stuff like HD remasters bakabt still doesn't have, like Ie Naki Ko, Oniisama e, Layzner etc. Also raws for stuff that aren't subbed and probably won't get subbed any time soon. My issue with bakabt is that sometimes they offer outdated versions, and I'd rather experience the handdrawn beauty in best quality than non-remastered releases.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.