Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (124) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2018 7:03 AM

May 2017
Hi! I have a question for number #86!

I get the thing with 15 years (interesting challenge idea, by the way!) BUT...
Theoretically, would it be possible to watch for example the 17th Detective Conan movie since I've watched the first one? Yeah, they are more than 15 years apart and they are abviously related, since they are both Detective Conan movies... but they are not written to be related on each other pages :'D May I use it or not?

(I just saw an I guess similar question about Cardcaptor Sakura so I guess it can't be used like this, but asking doesn't hurt anyone :D)

Jan 10, 2018 7:12 AM

Apr 2015
I have a question about the challenges (20) and (59):

(20) Watch an anime with at least one human child as a main character
(59) Watch an anime with at least two human children as main characters

I was planning to use Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san for one of this numbers, but on the MAL profiles of the main characters (Nishikata and Takagi) doesn't tell the age. However in the Wikia it says they have 12-13. So, considering the school grade in which they are, they start at 12 years. Is it okay to use this anime for this challenge and consider they have 12 years?

Also, other animes like Mitsuboshi Colors, where the characters are clearly under 12 years but there isn't any information about anywhere, is it valid to use it?

Jan 10, 2018 7:26 AM

Jun 2015
I need a recommendation. I got answers for all of my questions but not a recommendation.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 10, 2018 7:31 AM
Oct 2009
MicAPic said:
Hello, everyone! I'm preparing for the challenge and I would like to get some recommendations for the challenge #27:

Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

Thanks in advance.

From your Plan to watch I would recommend:
Byousoku 5 Centimeter
Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

And something new :)
Momo e no Tegami (drama, supernatural)
Aldnoah.Zero (mecha, action)
Blame! Movie (sci-fi, action)
Jan 10, 2018 7:31 AM

Jul 2014
AnnshiAneko said:

Theoretically, would it be possible to watch for example the 17th Detective Conan movie since I've watched the first one? Yeah, they are more than 15 years apart and they are abviously related, since they are both Detective Conan movies... but they are not written to be related on each other pages :'D May I use it or not?

(I just saw an I guess similar question about Cardcaptor Sakura so I guess it can't be used like this, but asking doesn't hurt anyone :D)
The relation between anime must be in MAL database. Otherwise anime will be invalid for the item.

Of course you can always add relation and wait for MAL moderator to accept it.
Jan 10, 2018 7:38 AM

Aug 2015
nami-witch said:
MicAPic said:
Hello, everyone! I'm preparing for the challenge and I would like to get some recommendations for the challenge #27:

Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

Thanks in advance.

From your Plan to watch I would recommend:
Byousoku 5 Centimeter
Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

And something new :)
Momo e no Tegami (drama, supernatural)
Aldnoah.Zero (mecha, action)
Blame! Movie (sci-fi, action)

Oh, I can't thank you enough. 'A Letter to Momo' does look quite interesting.
Jan 10, 2018 7:42 AM
Anime Moderator
We can be heroes

Mar 2016
What's the difference between "Main cast" and "main characters?"

#53 and #54 both have requirements that need you to watch something related to characters age however their wording is different. Since it is worded like this does that mean if the "Main cast" wording is used can you use characters that are prominent throughout the show but don't garnish the main character tag?
Jan 10, 2018 7:46 AM

Jul 2016
Hello I need help for this one
(27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
Jan 10, 2018 7:47 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
AnnshiAneko said:

No, it wouldn't be wise to use this anime. There has to be a direct link.

EBG3456 said:
I have a question about the challenges (20) and (59):

(20) Watch an anime with at least one human child as a main character

I was planning to use Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san for one of this numbers, but on the MAL profiles of the main characters (Nishikata and Takagi) doesn't tell the age. However in the Wikia it says they have 12-13. So, considering the school grade in which they are, they start at 12 years. Is it okay to use this anime for this challenge and consider they have 12 years?

Also, other animes like Mitsuboshi Colors, where the characters are clearly under 12 years but there isn't any information about anywhere, is it valid to use it?

Since they are middle schoolers, they cannot be allowed. Especially since their age is stated as 12 to 13.

Their age has to be stated clearly, so at the moment it's invalid. If you can find more information on their age later it can be valid.

Niveen_Sleem said:
I need a recommendation. I got answers for all of my questions but not a recommendation.

Dance in the Vampire Bund
Fate/Zero
Hanasaku Iroha
Hyouka

Aquarius said:
What's the difference between "Main cast" and "main characters?"

#53 and #54 both have requirements that need you to watch something related to characters age however their wording is different. Since it is worded like this does that mean if the "Main cast" wording is used can you use characters that are prominent throughout the show but don't garnish the main character tag?

Do you mean #58 and #59? If so, both main cast and main characters refer to the characters that are tagged as main. For main cast, however, it refers to the whole main cast. Main character refers to specific characters tagged as main.
Yuki-Jan 10, 2018 7:52 AM
Jan 10, 2018 7:50 AM

Aug 2013
Niveen_Sleem said:

Which challenge? 27?

If yes. Some recs for you ^^

Kokoro Connect
Hyouka
Lovely★Complex
3-gatsu no Lion
Jan 10, 2018 8:07 AM

Jun 2015
Thanks everyone for the recommendations ^-^
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 10, 2018 8:18 AM

Jan 2017
Hi @AWC_mod @SheyCroix @Yuki-Chan276 @Sojin @Conde_Mohr @TuyNOM @jhoson14 @mozgow would be great if you can give me some recommendations for my #102 ("Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member").

Thank you ;)
Jan 10, 2018 8:29 AM

Aug 2013
YoYoLD said:
Hi @AWC_mod @SheyCroix @Yuki-Chan276 @Sojin @Conde_Mohr @TuyNOM @jhoson14 @mozgow would be great if you can give me some recommendations for my #102 ("Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member").

Thank you ;)

Hello there :D

Some recs for you:

Shinsekai yori
Black Lagoon
Noragami
Jan 10, 2018 8:34 AM
Jul 2018
I have a question regarding #20 and/or #59.
The objectives request main characters under the age of 12 and I was thinking of using Digimon Tamers for one on them. The ages are not listed on MAL but I found infos about it online, here, here and here. Apparently the characters have been aged up in the english dub, but were originally all under 12 (10 years old). What age is the valid one for the challenge?
(I listed Digimon Tamers for #20 just to be sure, since 2 main characters would be 12 and fit the criteria in any case.)
Jan 10, 2018 8:39 AM

Oct 2011
Hey guys,

Quick question about item#108 Watch an anime with 6 or more main characters with natural hair color.
Does Yowamushi Pedal Glory Line fit ? It has 6 MC but I'm unsure about Naruko, Teshima (is that black or purple?!) and Kaburagi (ginger, right?).

Thanks !! (:

@SheyCroix
@Yuki-Chan276
@Conde_Mohr
Edit: after looking around I think it's okay... but if a staff could confirm it (:
Nanashi_x3Jan 11, 2018 3:14 AM
Jan 10, 2018 8:48 AM

May 2009
Anyone got some suggestions for what to use for this item?

Watch an anime with a voice actor that worked on 5 or less anime:
Jan 10, 2018 8:56 AM

Aug 2015
Can I please have a recommendation? Thank you in advance.

Jan 10, 2018 9:03 AM

Oct 2014
can anyone recommend me an anime with 12 episode or less?

@SheyCroix @Yuki-Chan276 @Sojin @Conde_Mohr @TuyNOM @jhoson14 @mozgow recommend me an anime, too. please?
jho0on_Jan 10, 2018 9:07 AM

Jan 10, 2018 9:18 AM

Aug 2013
jho0on_ said:
can anyone recommend me an anime with 12 episode or less?

@SheyCroix @Yuki-Chan276 @Sojin @Conde_Mohr @TuyNOM @jhoson14 @mozgow recommend me an anime, too. please?

From your Plan to Watch if you don't mind ^^

Fune wo Amu
Planetes
Genshiken
Jan 10, 2018 9:45 AM

Dec 2013
Jan 10, 2018 9:51 AM

Nov 2017
Nate said:
@Alderaminn Thank you for suggestions!

No problem, hope you will enjoy :)

mozgow said:

You can check active staff members here.

Yuki-Chan276 said:

It's better if you take a screenshot because it can change after you complete more items and if it changes it won't be valid anymore, so you have to start over for those items. For scores and popularity items, it can change quite drastically over time even if you completed the item before the change happened, therefore we ask for screenshots.

For 67. You have to look at another participant's signatures. For example my signature has three pictures with a quote and a link. You can use that anime (since the pictures are from the K franchise) and watch it for that item. Do keep in mind to take a screenshot of their signature with username since the participant is allowed to change their signature as often as they want.

List for the active staff members can be found here. Do keep in mind to choose an active member and not a retired/honorary member.

Thanks for making this clear and for the help! :)
Jan 10, 2018 9:58 AM

Jul 2014
protoplasm said:

Watch an anime with a voice actor that worked on 5 or less anime:

Bubblegum Crisis - Oomori Kinuko only anime
Jan 10, 2018 10:09 AM

May 2009
mozgow said:
protoplasm said:

Bubblegum Crisis - Oomori Kinuko only anime

oh cool, it's in my ptw! thank you :))
Jan 10, 2018 10:22 AM
Oct 2009
vaalsROAR said:

You have so many different anime genres xD
I hope you like any of these

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru
Natsume Yuujinchou
Blame! Movie
Mimi wo Sumaseba
Jan 10, 2018 11:09 AM

Jul 2016
nami-witch said:
vaalsROAR said:

You have so many different anime genres xD
I hope you like any of these

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru
Natsume Yuujinchou
Blame! Movie
Mimi wo Sumaseba
Ahah thanks a lot I will watch all of them even if it's not for the challenge
Jan 10, 2018 11:18 AM

Jun 2016
Hey! Can i use Akutabe from Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san. (TV) for
(21) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field?
Thanks in advance!~

Jan 10, 2018 11:23 AM

Aug 2014
Hello there :)
I needed help in here: "(27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread"
Here's my animelist: STEREOo's list, so if any can make like 3 or more recommendations it would be awesome! Gonna do some now for other challengers :)
Have fun
Jan 10, 2018 11:30 AM

Jan 2018
Hey again! Looking for some info for these challenges! I know it looks like a handful. Thanks :)

(28) Watch an anime that a participant has completed for this challenge
(40) Watch an anime without the Producer, Licensor nor Studio listed
(41) Watch an anime by a studio with 3 to 30 anime in MAL`s database (the shortest I could find was 37?)
(50) Watch an anime adapted from a Web Manga
(53) Watch a completed anime with more users in "Plan-to-Watch" than "Completed"
(60) Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese
(61) Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth
(71) Watch an anime with a special character or symbol in the title
(75) Watch an anime with 3 or more main characters with unnatural hair color
(76) Watch an anime with 4 or more main characters with natural hair color
(86) Watch a related anime that aired at least 15 years before/after a previously completed series
(87) Watch an anime adapted from a Card Game
(88) Watch an anime adapted from a Picture Book
(89) Watch an anime adapted from a Digital Manga
(90) Watch an anime adapted from Radio or Music
(97) Watch an anime with a non-humanoid main character
(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member
@omakase @AudioTsunami @HeNrYTG50 @i_yuuko-chan @Sojin @Conde_Mohr @TuyNOM @jhoson14 @mozgow
(105) Watch a completed anime that doesn`t have forum discussion threads
Jan 10, 2018 11:32 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
White-Fire said:
For (20) Watch an anime with at least one human child as a main character, I can't find a specific age for the kid in Gakuen Babysitters aside from "toddler", but would that work anyway? Also, could I get a recommendation for (102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member @SheyCroix

what Taka Kamitani has as description in page works, tho you can submit an edit to make it clearer
For 102
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5984/Ristorante_Paradiso
https://myanimelist.net/anime/22135/Ping_Pong_The_Animation
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30014/Momokuri
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5671/Saki

please don't double post, edit your last reply
@Mononoke_Himee
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1697305&show=1250#msg53657299
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1697305&show=1250#msg53657318

@Brimmy21
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1697305&show=1300#msg53657864
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1697305&show=1300#msg53657872

EBG3456 said:

that particular anime has a an article in Crunchyroll that makes it valid if you link to it

YoYoLD said:
Hi @AWC_mod @SheyCroix @Yuki-Chan276 @Sojin @Conde_Mohr @TuyNOM @jhoson14 @mozgow would be great if you can give me some recommendations for my #102 ("Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member"). Thank you ;)

https://myanimelist.net/anime/6211/Tokyo_Magnitude_80
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7662/Shinrei_Tantei_Yakumo
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7148/Ladies_versus_Butlers
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20431/Hoozuki_no_Reitetsu

anthealb said:
I have a question regarding #20 and/or #59. The objectives request main characters under the age of 12 and I was thinking of using Digimon Tamers for one on them. The ages are not listed on MAL but I found infos about it online, here, here and here. Apparently the characters have been aged up in the english dub, but were originally all under 12 (10 years old). What age is the valid one for the challenge? (I listed Digimon Tamers for #20 just to be sure, since 2 main characters would be 12 and fit the criteria in any case.)

they have to be 12 y/o or younger... going by that it's valid if you watch the Jap ver ..... (like, really....)

jho0on_ said:
can anyone recommend me an anime with 12 episode or less? @SheyCroix @Yuki-Chan276 @Sojin @Conde_Mohr @TuyNOM @jhoson14 @mozgow recommend me an anime, too. please?

If you plan to use that for item 102, you have to say so or it won't be valid

L0ro said:
Hey! Can i use Akutabe from Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san. (TV) for
(21) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field? Thanks in advance!~

seems valid

STEREOo said:
Hello there :) I needed help in here: "(27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread" Here's my animelist: STEREOo's list, so if any can make like 3 or more recommendations it would be awesome! Gonna do some now for other challengers :) Have fun

from your ptw
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31964/Boku_no_Hero_Academia
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32729/Orange
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30911/Tales_of_Zestiria_the_X

others
https://myanimelist.net/anime/4177/Bounen_no_Xamdou
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7674/Bakuman
https://myanimelist.net/anime/12031/Kingdom

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 10, 2018 11:36 AM

May 2014
@SheyCroix

Hey, mind helping me out with (102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member? Would be appreciated.
Jan 10, 2018 11:37 AM

May 2009
dyingarcadia said:
Hey again! Looking for some info for these challenges! I know it looks like a handful. Thanks :)
(50) Watch an anime adapted from a Web Manga
(87) Watch an anime adapted from a Card Game
(88) Watch an anime adapted from a Picture Book
(89) Watch an anime adapted from a Digital Manga
(90) Watch an anime adapted from Radio or Music

here's a list of titles you can use for those challenges
https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=811786
Jan 10, 2018 11:38 AM

Oct 2007
@dyingarcadia Space Brothers, Moonlight Mile, Terra e, Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans :) take your pick
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Anime Moderator
We can be heroes

Mar 2016
Can someone help me find something for #96: Watch an anime with 5 or more human adults as the main cast?
Jan 10, 2018 11:42 AM

May 2009
Aquarius said:
Can someone help me find something for #96: Watch an anime with 5 or more human adults as the main cast?

genshiken(i think?), shirobako

characterlimitaaaa

Jan 10, 2018 11:42 AM
Jan 10, 2018 11:44 AM

Jan 2018
protoplasm said:

here's a list of titles you can use for those challenges
https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=811786

Thanks so much! I really appreciate this.

omakase said:
@dyingarcadia Space Brothers, Moonlight Mile, Terra e, Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans :) take your pick

Awesome! Which categories did these one fit? They look really great.
Jan 10, 2018 11:49 AM

Dec 2010
I need a recommendation for #102 @TuyNOM Please :)!
Jan 10, 2018 11:50 AM

Oct 2007
@dyingarcadia number 102, staff rec
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Jan 10, 2018 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
SheyCroix said:

anthealb said:
I have a question regarding #20 and/or #59. The objectives request main characters under the age of 12 and I was thinking of using Digimon Tamers for one on them. The ages are not listed on MAL but I found infos about it online, here, here and here. Apparently the characters have been aged up in the english dub, but were originally all under 12 (10 years old). What age is the valid one for the challenge? (I listed Digimon Tamers for #20 just to be sure, since 2 main characters would be 12 and fit the criteria in any case.)

they have to be 12 y/o or younger... going by that it's valid if you watch the Jap ver ..... (like, really....)

I was gonna watch the subtitled version anyway, but the choice to age them up still is a perplexing one. Strange things happen in dub-land

Thank you for the answer!
Jan 10, 2018 11:51 AM

Aug 2007
Horkus said:
minimiau said:
I got a question. I got a duplicated theme. Do I have to Make it double? I can do it (I have more... Watch of the link of my post Number 28 and 49.
I also have a recomendation of an user . So, I can wait until someone recommend me something?

For 28 and 49 you have two choices I think. You're having an overlap with Utena, yeah? You can watch Utena for 49 and do something else for 28. OR, you can watch Utena for 28, then watch the second-most recommended show for your favorite series for 49. Basically it just comes down to which challenge you choose to do first.

As for a recommendation for #45, I don't see Luluco anywhere on your list, so maybe give that a try, it's not super long.

Hi there!! Thanks for your advice. I decided to put 2 different animes of my favourite one (I check other options, I mean I have 4 fave animes). So I decided for the best choice.

Thanks for the rec. I already put it on my PTW. I have pleanty of time to watch it. So i am not in a hurry.
Jan 10, 2018 11:54 AM

Jan 2018
omakase said:

I thought so but wasn't sure, thanks again! I'll probably end up watching all of them ;)

Jan 10, 2018 11:58 AM

Feb 2009
@protoplasm One more option for you. :)
https://myanimelist.net/people/7244/Erena_Ono
(her voice is really strange %))
Jan 10, 2018 11:58 AM
Aug 2017
This will be my first time participating in a yearly challenge so i'm quite excited, I need recommendations for #27 and #102
Jan 10, 2018 12:01 PM

Jan 2018
Ningen264 said:
This will be my first time participating in a yearly challenge so i'm quite excited, I need recommendations for #27 and #102

27. Cowboy Bebop, Shingeki no Kyojin, Trigun and Baccano! are on your PTW list ;)
Jan 10, 2018 12:23 PM
Aug 2017
OK, looks like i'll be quite busy this year :)
Jan 10, 2018 12:35 PM
Dec 2017
Hello Everyone! :3, This is my First year Participating in the challenge X3.

My List is Almost done, I only needed a little help with:

(54) Watch a completed anime scored 4 or less from another challenger who posted on your sign up page.

(67) Watch an anime featured in another participant`s forum set.

(89) Watch an anime adapted from a Digital Manga.

(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member.

I await for your suggestions!.
Jan 10, 2018 12:44 PM

Aug 2014
Hi there so I wanted to use Ballroom e Youkoso https://myanimelist.net/anime/34636 for the challenge: (21) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field
does it count?
and I need an anime for: (27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
and (102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member:
my list : https://myanimelist.net/animelist/GDHM39
thanks for the help
Jan 10, 2018 12:55 PM

Aug 2013
sorry to bother @SheyCroix, but you already made me discover a great anime so I have trust in your taste, can you recommend me something for #102? I't be better if it has 25 or less episodes
Also, can someone recommend me something for #27? Again, 25 or less would be better since the hardcore difficulty is huge
Thanks a lot!
Jan 10, 2018 1:13 PM

Aug 2017
HELP!!

1) Hello. I started watching Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis this year but i put it in watching months ago. This anime meet the requirements of 'Watch an anime adapted from a Game' but in FAQ the question number 9 confuse me a bit. Can some onetell me if is valid for this challenge, please? Greetings!

2) Watch an anime which began airing the same day you joined MAL (4 Aug)
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (124) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why is fairytail the only Shonen anime that people complain for the power of Friendship when evrey other Shonen anime does.

Lol1268 - 1 hour ago

7 by deg »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime songs that give you goosebumps.

TsutanaiFuun - May 23

47 by APolygons2 »»
7 minutes ago

» Did you "really" watch a show if you didn't see it in Blu-Ray?

Dragevard - 16 minutes ago

4 by Cestlavie_ »»
8 minutes ago

» Is It Okay to Watch Anime All Day? ( 1 2 )

RedTea33 - May 30

57 by Berry-Vodka »»
8 minutes ago

» What's your favorite anime reference(s) to Ashita no Joe?

Daviljoe193 - 2 hours ago

6 by Kenzolo-folk »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.