Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 7, 2013 4:13 PM

Jan 2013
kaykenner54 said:
I REALLY hope Shouko isn't the other pilot!!! I will drop Valvrave if she is.

Anyways, I really enjoyed this episode. I think everyone already expected Kyuuma and Yamada to be the next two pilots but it was still nice seeing them actually fight.
If I heard/read correctly, everyone is getting a valvrave.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 7, 2013 4:27 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Aw Kyuuma's little speech about Aina ;_; too bad Yamada ruined the mood by asking what're you talking about? I think Kyuuma, after listening to L-elf, fits really well as a VVV pilot since he is now more levelheaded. And why was I not surprised to see Sunset pulling out a ghost AIna? Cheesy as hell, but I guess it's great that Kyuuma will no longer be consumed by revenge. The blue VVV also suits him very well, since he would've liked to "protect" Aina. And Yamada's VVV being more of a close range fighter fit him very well too. Lol at the multiple arms. Although it's pretty cool that his VVV has lots of arms (and Saki's having lots of legs), I kind of find the appearance a little....stupid. But it's whatever as long as they can pilot them well.

Hmm nice twist at the end there, I guess. It was always weird that their school would have such crazy weapons in the first place, and the sensei was always kind of sketchy. But the whole module? Looking forward to learning more about this.
Jun 7, 2013 6:58 PM

Jan 2012
Marow said:
kaykenner54 said:

But otherwise she'll die~

I really could careless if Shouko died. I wouldn't say I hate her but she is really an annoying character to me.
Jun 7, 2013 7:00 PM

Jan 2012
el_putazo said:
kaykenner54 said:

Anyways, I really enjoyed this episode. I think everyone already expected Kyuuma and Yamada to be the next two pilots but it was still nice seeing them actually fight.

What would be the point if everyone got a val rave. I thought there was only going to be 7 unless I missed something.
Jun 7, 2013 7:06 PM

Aug 2012
JeffreyZin said:

That Fucking Q-vier who was actually the one who killed her must die.

Fuckin Yuki Kaji man..
Jun 7, 2013 7:45 PM

Jan 2013
kaykenner54 said:
el_putazo said:
kaykenner54 said:

What would be the point if everyone got a val rave. I thought there was only going to be 7 unless I missed something.
I saw the last few minutes, and the physics teacher said "The entire module 77, with the students was made for the valvraves".

Jun 7, 2013 7:57 PM

Jan 2012
el_putazo said:
kaykenner54 said:
el_putazo said:
kaykenner54 said:

I saw the last few minutes, and the physics teacher said "The entire module 77, with the students was made for the valvraves".

I thought it might that all the students have the power to pilot a valvrave but not all the students will pilot a valvrave. That just means that the students were made for the valvraves.
Jun 7, 2013 8:02 PM

Jan 2013
kaykenner54 said:
el_putazo said:
kaykenner54 said:
el_putazo said:
kaykenner54 said:

I thought it might that all the students have the power to pilot a valvrave but not all the students will pilot a valvrave. That just means that the students were made for the valvraves.
Ah I see, well thanks anyway.

Jun 7, 2013 8:09 PM

Jun 2012
I feel like what happened was-
There are about to lose their home. module 77, to some super-destructive, over-powered weapon. Along comes the new valvraves and pilots to not only protect module 77, but launch an overwhelmingly successful counter-attack. That shield blocked the all-powerful cannon without a scratch. So I wasn't all-too impressed by the action, they just blew stuff up without even any fight.
The only thing I still like is L-Elf and his supreme strategic abilities.

And it may just be me, but they made a huge deal out of Aina. To them, it was their inspiration to fight, but to me as a viewer, she was no more than one of the main character's friend.
It''s just my view of things, I'm only stating what I think.

Jun 7, 2013 8:16 PM
Jun 2013
If it weren't for Shouko's randomness and her being the #1 girl as well for L Elf being the boss, this must have been dropped already by many. L Elf can't even deny the fact that Shouko is a one of a kind sweet girl--like the Dorssian princess--who is hard to deal with. He's even speechless.

And the anime can even survive without Saki. . . . She in that 200-year-time skip is far too awesome compared to her being assertive and useless. Well she'll definitely have developments sooner or later.

If the student were mere human weapons, why would Jior's president let her daughter be part of this military project unless she's planned to be the next president. Wew!
Jun 7, 2013 8:17 PM

Apr 2009
i know alot think the show is childish and cliche but thats what makes it good in my eyes its cliche but seriously , funny , and stupid this anime has everything , its enjoyable to watch for me

the people who dislike this why bother watching it every week to hate it, ive loved this anime since episode 1 due to the fact it has everything humor,seriousness,good plot

Haruto wants to bite L-Elf again!
Pleaseeeee :3 Haruto x L-Elf!

el_putazo said:
kaykenner54 said:

if everyone gets one how OP? will they be lol

Kari-chan said:
More yaoi scenes with L-Elf and Haruto again...

I mean two teenage boys in a dorm room, who knows what they got up to behind the scenes

pics or it didnt happen
AForgottenSoulJun 7, 2013 8:23 PM
Jun 7, 2013 8:40 PM

Jan 2013
Calumz said:
i know alot think the show is childish and cliche but thats what makes it good in my eyes its cliche but seriously , funny , and stupid this anime has everything , its enjoyable to watch for me

the people who dislike this why bother watching it every week to hate it, ive loved this anime since episode 1 due to the fact it has everything humor,seriousness,good plot

el_putazo said:
kaykenner54 said:

I would be lying if I said I'm not enjoying this anime, even though it's all cliche.

Lol well I wouldn't mind a full blown out war, just like the fight in outer space during the OP, but that's just me.

Jun 7, 2013 8:59 PM
Aug 2012
God i'm dropping this show since
i hadn't notice the red flag considering rukino will some what have a relationship with haruto other than shouko from the opening credits were shouko and rukino were together

I'm not even going to bother who the hell will pilot the purple valvrave since they give the flag of the student that pilot the blue and yellow valvrave as we saw it
Jun 7, 2013 10:25 PM

Apr 2009
el_putazo said:
Calumz said:

el_putazo said:
kaykenner54 said:

I would be lying if I said I'm not enjoying this anime, even though it's all cliche.

Lol well I wouldn't mind a full blown out war, just like the fight in outer space during the OP, but that's just me.

i want a full blown out war aswell ofc , but the valvrave seem op who fight them
Jun 7, 2013 11:01 PM

May 2013
I like the way the show is progressing. They keep making me comeback for more to find out what is coming next week.
Jun 7, 2013 11:58 PM

Jan 2013
Rest in peace Aina
OutlawJessJun 9, 2013 8:25 PM
Jun 8, 2013 12:16 AM

Jul 2007
Winterson said:
If it weren't for Shouko's randomness and her being the #1 girl as well for L Elf being the boss, this must have been dropped already by many. L Elf can't even deny the fact that Shouko is a one of a kind sweet girl--like the Dorssian princess--who is hard to deal with. He's even speechless.

If it were not for Saki's badassness and awesomeness, I would have already dropped this show because of Shoukos wishy washy mary sue-ness. The most annoying goodie-two-shoes ever created.
Jun 8, 2013 12:22 AM

Nov 2011
Fai said:
Winterson said:

If it were not for Saki's badassness and awesomeness, I would have already dropped this show because of Shoukos wishy washy mary sue-ness. The most annoying goodie-two-shoes ever created.

Shoko = best girl and my dad could beat up your dad so I win. :P
Jun 8, 2013 1:03 AM

Sep 2012
Kind of confused, the commander of the Dorssian fleet said they reporduced successfully and now its 4 Valvraves total. L-Elf knew that strategy of using part of the fleet as bait coming from a mile away.
Fishy fishy~
Jun 8, 2013 4:16 AM

Dec 2012
Love this anime, especially L-elf and Shouko

...moe L-elf XD

The chemistry between him and Shouko is just great. I must say that the only one who has been able to "intimidate" L-elf is Shouko since the time she foiled his scheme in ep 3.

This episode is pretty good with the introduction of two new pilots. Both of them fight for their own selfish reasons. Thunder fights to avenge his friend, while Kyuuma fights to protect himself and his memory of Ania. Add to them is Saki, who fights to be 'on stage'. Thus, out of 4 pilots so far, only Haruto fights for "everyone."

I really like Thunder's lines, especially that "fuck everyone" part. Kudos to the translators who retain the raw wittiness from the original version.

The plot twist at the end is not really a plot twist if you have followed the series closely thus far.

Next stop, the moon XD
ThangLongJun 8, 2013 11:19 AM
Jun 8, 2013 4:38 AM

Aug 2010
The Aina thing was plain stupid.
Jun 8, 2013 5:51 AM

Jul 2011
This anime...
Jun 8, 2013 7:29 AM
Aug 2012
KamiKali said:
i hadn't notice the red flag considering rukino will some what have a relationship with haruto other than shouko from the opening credits were shouko and rukino were together

I'm not even going to bother who the hell will pilot the purple valvrave since they give the flag of the student that pilot the blue and yellow valvrave as we saw it

Yeah just drop it and give Valvrave some peace man. You watched all 9 episodes to put that stupid one-liner..........just pathetic.

Jun 8, 2013 9:13 AM

Jan 2013
Winterson said:
I'm watching it cuz of Marie, and the explosions with flashy colors.
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
KamiKali said:

Yeah just drop it and give Valvrave some peace man. You watched all 9 episodes to put that stupid one-liner..........just pathetic.
+1

Jun 8, 2013 9:56 AM
Feb 2012
The blue and yellow ones are so much cooler than Haruto and Rukino's Valvraves. Now only the violet one's left and something's telling me that Shouko will end up piloting it.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 8, 2013 10:02 AM

Jul 2011
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

I wouldn't have much hope about it, you'll see that he will end up watching the second season as well.
Jun 8, 2013 10:16 AM

Apr 2009
It's a good thing that L-Elf is rooming with Haruto, because I doubt anyone else would just punch his monster mode offline. On the other hand, feed your pet vampire, silver!

So when do you think the other pilots start to notice that they're not quite the same as Haruto? I vote for when Haruto goes on some mad hunger-induced rampage and everyone except L-Elf is caught off-guard.
Jun 8, 2013 1:18 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ainky said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

I wouldn't have much hope about it, you'll see that he will end up watching the second season as well.

Don't worry most MAL users are tsundere. When they say they hate a series they are actually closet fans.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 8, 2013 4:33 PM

Jan 2013
Ehh another alright episode. I don't like meaningless action.
Jun 8, 2013 4:40 PM

Mar 2009
Kari-chan said:
More yaoi scenes with L-Elf and Haruto again...

I mean two teenage boys in a dorm room, who knows what they got up to behind the scenes

Would that be before or after L-Elf put Haruto to sleep with a well-timed punch to the gut? My guess is he probably left him sleeping on the floor as well.

So to answer your question seriously: Nothing. Absolutely nothing. If you don't count the physical abuse...

Sure, they have an interesting relationship but I'd be hard pressed to even call it a friendship. Much less, a romantic situation.
Jun 9, 2013 12:03 AM

Mar 2012
I'm wondering if Cain will be last boss or there will be character in second season that will take the role.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 9, 2013 7:40 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Plot photocopy of past episodes, the pattern looks the same, with minor differences, here are the two new VVV that look really fucksters, as the riders. Fortunately, they were not up to drive them, the best part in the final. Will be interesting to find out what really hides the technology behind the VVV, a little at a time is coming out. Aina is dead, but who knows why I always have a bad feeling, we will review the pilot a new VVV? I hope it is a female character not much credited to drive the VVV purple, Takahi bet on, but I think at the end of Akira will be the chosen one! XD Drawings and animations fabulous, maximum grade!

What will never be that "thing" in the display case?
Jun 9, 2013 7:47 AM
Aug 2012
wakka9ca said:
ainky said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Don't worry most MAL users are tsundere. When they say they hate a series they are actually closet fans.

Tsundere and M. The way they force themselves(?) to watch a show despite bashing it with all their might..............should i feel sorry for them?

Jun 9, 2013 7:50 AM
Oct 2011
Hmm..what if Cain and OS are related as in Cain is also a 'vampire'?
And by reproduce he meant breeding more little vampires who are also pilots for Valvrave.
mirteiaJun 9, 2013 7:56 AM
Jun 9, 2013 8:04 AM
May 2012
sweetdrops said:
The Aina thing was plain stupid.

Aina Sakurai is a next Anew Returner (Gundam 00) for me.
Jun 9, 2013 8:11 AM

Mar 2012
Couldn't care less about Aina >,> Some good action this week and we finally get to see the blue and yellow Valvraves fight. Now all that's left are the purple valvrave and that other mysterious one that looks unfinished (unless there are more they haven't shown yet).
Jun 9, 2013 9:58 AM

Apr 2013
GuiltyKing said:
The blue and yellow ones are so much cooler than Haruto and Rukino's Valvraves.

Indeed. I like the yellow one.

Blue with his god-like shield and Xbows.
Yellow excels in both long and short range it seems.
Those two are pretty broken. They will overshadow the old ones soon.

Calling purple to be god-tier.
Red needs an upgrade.
Jun 9, 2013 7:51 PM
May 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
Fuckin Yuki Kaji man..

I don't care. I wanna see Kyuuma seek revenge against Q-vier in the later episode.
JafriZinJun 9, 2013 9:50 PM
Jun 9, 2013 8:31 PM

Jan 2013
Revenge for Aina!
Jun 9, 2013 9:06 PM

Dec 2012
Aniplex's youtube preview for episode 10. You may need to use Japanese proxy to view it :)

Jun 9, 2013 9:52 PM
May 2012
ThangLong said:
Aniplex's youtube preview for episode 10. You may need to use Japanese proxy to view it :)

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Wow, you're right. You need Japanese proxy in order to see this.
JafriZinJun 9, 2013 9:55 PM
Jun 9, 2013 10:12 PM

Aug 2008
I hope everyone's happy now that they got their shiny new monster makers/murder machines. This episode was OK, but I like it when the show focuses on L-Elf, Haruto or Saki more.

I'm hearing a lot of comparisons to the SEED franchise, I'm gonna ignore those and try to focus on this show just being its own brand of ridiculousness.

Jun 10, 2013 1:19 AM

Feb 2011
Looks like people are right on who is going to pilot next Valvraves. Not sure why they made it so predictable. But now I have a feeling that once all Valvrave are revealed. They are going to combine to become a huge super robot.

This week episode has some weird looking animation. such as the gun under the pillow, just slide out instantly. and I don't like how Kyuuma blocks that charged laser beam it doesn't look good to me as it just magically disappear. Thundar Valvrave looks badass. Other than that, combat animation is amazing as always :)
Jun 10, 2013 8:27 AM
Jan 2012
Hah. The yankee's going back to jail. They're both fitting to pilot the blue and yellow Valvraves since their personalities are polar opposites.

So, just what exactly is going on here, Mr. Cain? *stares suspiciously* Almost the whole school made for the Valvraves = huge science project (like a fail safe system in case the Dorsians do attack)? The Valvrave mechas are not made like normal machines.... They're "bred"? And why does Haruto look like he has the closest tie to the Valvrave OS? *ties the weird teacher to a chair*
Jun 10, 2013 3:16 PM

Jul 2008
I guess Shouko will be the last pilot and will get the purple Valvrave. Hopefully when she'll lose her humanity, the MC won't make any bullshit excuse to himself anymore.
Jun 11, 2013 2:34 AM
Jul 2018

"Dog & Thunder"
I feel sorry for Inuzuka in losing Aina though. :(
Rukino and Haruto didn't get some spotlight this time.
That twist at the end.
Jun 11, 2013 12:35 PM

Apr 2010
Scheherazade1007 said:
I guess Shouko will be the last pilot and will get the purple Valvrave. Hopefully when she'll lose her humanity, the MC won't make any bullshit excuse to himself anymore.
Indeed she is the obvious but who knows this anime might trow some surprises .
Tho i have to say that this episode also made it clear who is next to die.
Jun 11, 2013 3:04 PM
Feb 2012
Why make such a big fuss about some pointless minor character's death...so forced...Also the ending always has some kind of ''big'' twist.....This show has to be a parody.
Jun 11, 2013 5:39 PM

Nov 2011
I have a theory about the Valvraves but the pieces of the puzzle aren't fully in place, so hear me out:

Haruto pilots the red Valvrave. Red = anger. Haruto was enraged when he thought Shoko was dead.

Saki - Green. She was envious of Shoko x Haruto and also covets the spotlight.

Kyuuma - Blue. He was sad about Aina's death.

Raizou - Yellow. This one I am not sure about. Yellow is usually fear, but I'm not sure how that settles with his character. He wants to avenge Nobu, but we know nothing about it. He seems fearless but maybe he is actually rally afraid inside and wanted the Valvrave so he could feel safe?

In any case, following this line of logic, the 5th Valvrave pilot (pink) will do it for love.
Jun 11, 2013 8:14 PM

Apr 2009
VVV V and VVV III get. It's all falling into place as expected on the pilot side of things.

Despite the predictability on that aspect, there are still other interesting tidbits to be found. That conversation between L-Elf and the last real teacher in the module revealed that JIOR was actually a latent superpower that could possibly have overpowered both ARUS and Dorssia if given enough time and resources to mass produce Valvrave units and convert much of its student population into Valvrave pilots.

Given that practically every adult from JIOR was a soldier, and every student was secretly being trained to eventually become pilots it's not so farfetched that whoever was truly in charge was planning for eventual, total war.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

432 by neeJay »»
Mar 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

676 by Catalano »»
Nov 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.