Forum Settings
Forums

Are there any anime that you feel like you're the only person who enjoys it?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 13, 2022 4:10 PM

Aug 2021
TheBlockernator said:
For me, it's 3d Kanojo. I really like and identify with the lead, but every review i've seen gives it a horrible score.

Same with Takena's shorts. I like horror and gore but his work is some of the lowest rated stuff on the entire site.

Same with me on 3d kanojo. I do agree the first season had its low moments, but season 2 was actually really good
May 13, 2022 4:32 PM

Mar 2018
Watamote and Gokinjo Monogatari..
May 13, 2022 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
Tenjou Tenge…. I enjoyed it, not rated super high.. not really sure if many people know of or have watched it?
May 13, 2022 5:53 PM

Dec 2016
None because no matter how unpopular a title I had enjoyed may be, the chances of existing at least one other person out there different than me who had also enjoyed it are with all certainty different than zero.
May 13, 2022 10:02 PM

Jan 2020
Shikimori lol. Everyone on mal hates it from what I've seen

May 13, 2022 10:14 PM

Sep 2018
I feel this way about Ben-To. I never see anyone even talking about it. I know it's from 2011 and it probably had its time, but still.
♪ MAL card collector and anime challenge enjoyer
♫ My alignment is Chaotic Stupid™

Anime Challenges
Card Collection
DELIVER HERE!
May 13, 2022 10:56 PM

Aug 2009
Technically no, but I'm egotistic enough to say that the weight of the Ikkitousen fanbase rests on my shoulders.

May 13, 2022 11:35 PM

Apr 2019
I think I enjoyed Tamayura quite a lot more than other people.
May 13, 2022 11:49 PM

Feb 2012
Maria-sama ga Miteru

It's lovely and I can't think of anything close to it beyond superficial similarities. Novels are even better.

May 14, 2022 9:23 AM

Aug 2021
Sword art online. Literally everybody nags on it and i really don’t think its that bad.
hi i watch anime

look at my blog i post alot there

watch steins gate

May 14, 2022 9:35 AM

May 2014

Me too... this show was just like a fever dream lmao
May 14, 2022 9:46 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
The currently airing Kono Healer, Mendokusai has a very harsh mean score at about 5.70. But I honestly enjoy this very much. I think it's brilliant.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
May 14, 2022 9:47 AM
Mar 2020
Currently Shikimori and Shokei Shoujo. Both have some lower than expected scores and I haven't seen many positive opinions of either of them for some incredibly weird reason.

Shikimori puzzles me since I know for a fact it has the ingredients for a popular anime but somehow it's been hated on a lot? Perhaps because of Dress-up Darling? Shokei Shoujo is also a weird one since it has some really good production value and a pretty compelling world and story. I'm guessing a lot of the hate comes from the first EP but even then, I didn't think the score would go below 7.5.

Also, I too enjoyed 3D Kanojo. It was a really nice watch.
May 14, 2022 9:48 AM

Jul 2019
High School of Dead is just pure boner, fanservice, and fun.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
May 14, 2022 9:50 AM
Mar 2020
Notoshin said:
Honestly cant think of anything so imma go with Sao

Not gonna say too much but bro everyone be hating on it. I'm not on of them anime experts but shit man why. Ik there are some sao fans but feel like not many people appreciate Alicization.

This was like 3-4 years ago so obviously I think differently know but I honestly enjoyed watching it. Might've been trippin or smth

Goddamn I wrote so much

Alizication was goated.

Until they did what they did with Eugeo.

It was a good scene there and the, but it went downhill after that.
May 14, 2022 12:13 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
I've never seen that many TWGOK fans on here ever since I joined, I only met like 2-3 iirc
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
May 14, 2022 12:53 PM

Sep 2020
Koroshi ai. I just enjoyed it more than most people on Mal

"𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊."- 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

May 14, 2022 1:52 PM

Jul 2021
samsince04 said:
You only gave that a seven though...
May 14, 2022 1:56 PM

Sep 2020
JaniSIr said:
samsince04 said:

Yh I did give it a seven. I enjoyed it but I couldn't look past the recaps at the earlier episodes, the sequential drops in animation quality, etc.

"𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊."- 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

May 14, 2022 2:02 PM

Jul 2021
samsince04 said:
JaniSIr said:

Yh I did give it a seven. I enjoyed it but I couldn't look past the recaps at the earlier episodes, the sequential drops in animation quality, etc.
Can't blame you for hating the recaps, those were way too long...
May 14, 2022 2:21 PM
Apr 2020
https://myanimelist.net/anime/22831/Abarenbou_Rikishi_Matsutarou

I feel like very few people watched this show, buy I enjoyed it and i would love to see it getting a season 2 because the first really ended on a high note
May 14, 2022 2:34 PM

May 2021
Some that I like that people might not talk much about are A-Channel, Haruakana Receive, After School Dice Club, Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater, Asteroid in Love, Takunomi, Nyanko Days, Waiting in the Summer, Interviews With Monster Girls, Bakuon!!, Doki Doki School Hours & probably more from me.
May 14, 2022 2:40 PM

Oct 2020
Samayou_Tamashii said:
I would say Chihayafuru. Barely anyone talks about how great it is. Yuu Yuu Hakusho was also really famous and talked about in the 90's. Don't know what happened to it's popularity now
I love chihayafuru but hate discussing it, 99% of the discussions end up with a ship war or something like that
May 14, 2022 6:23 PM

Jun 2010
IDK. Maybe some 3D anime like Sidonia no Kishi or Kemono Friends.
But not really, you will always find someone else who likes what you see.
May 14, 2022 6:33 PM

Aug 2018
Occultic;Nine is one of the more bizarre cases of works that were simply ignored by the community. Many people watched the first episode and created an erroneous stereotype of the work because of some scenes. Also, many people couldn't adapt to the quick lines of dialogue.

At the end of the day, I don't think I saw almost anyone else but me watching until the end and even fewer people who liked the work. I'm a bit suspicious to say, however, because I had the patience with the work, I took notes, went back several times to read the dialogues and waited. The vast majority who watched it did not.

Also, +1 for Koi wa Ameagari no You ni and for Guilty Crown.
May 14, 2022 8:05 PM

Sep 2020
Sword art online especially season 2. Sinon is just too cute
May 14, 2022 8:27 PM

Jan 2022
TheBlockernator said:
ChouunShiryuu said:

I was loving level E until the big reveal of the prince's joke at the end of ep 3. Then I couldn't see it the same way anymore after the show shifted to other charas.

Yeah, honestly, if it stayed like those first 3 episodes, i'd probably give it a higher score, but i genuinely didn't like the color rangers arc or anything up until the baseball guy from the first episode came back (Sorry, i'm bad with names, i forgot the character's name)

Yeah, that's exactly the arc that I say I'm the only one who enjoys (color rangers). I didn't really like the 4th episode or the mermaid one, but all the other ones were equal IMO.
Nice to have other unironic love for Bananya though.
May 14, 2022 8:51 PM

Jan 2021
yeah, casshern sins and a bunch of other stuff like inuyashiki
May 14, 2022 9:53 PM

Jun 2017
Bidoof_PMD-EOS said:
TheBlockernator said:

Yeah, honestly, if it stayed like those first 3 episodes, i'd probably give it a higher score, but i genuinely didn't like the color rangers arc or anything up until the baseball guy from the first episode came back (Sorry, i'm bad with names, i forgot the character's name)

Yeah, that's exactly the arc that I say I'm the only one who enjoys (color rangers). I didn't really like the 4th episode or the mermaid one, but all the other ones were equal IMO.

Fourth episode, that was the horror episode, right? The one that didn't really have anything to do with the story. I genuinely thought that was a mistake, someone put the wrong episode of another show on Level E's page (I got it off a fansub site that wasn't exactly legal). It was weird, i think i skipped it.

The only other plot i really remember after the 3rd episode was the one where a female alien planned to breed with a human but couldn't because the person was transgender. Or something like that. It's been years sicne i saw this series, sorry.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
May 14, 2022 10:08 PM

Apr 2022
Blade of the Immortal 2019.

Sure the pacing was off in the beginning, but I loved the style, the story, the characters, and the presentation. It ain't perfect, but I didn't think it was as bad as the reviews say it is.

Maybe I should watch more shows people think are bad just to see if they really are.
May 14, 2022 11:36 PM

Jan 2022
TheBlockernator said:
Bidoof_PMD-EOS said:

Fourth episode, that was the horror episode, right? The one that didn't really have anything to do with the story. I genuinely thought that was a mistake, someone put the wrong episode of another show on Level E's page (I got it off a fansub site that wasn't exactly legal). It was weird, i think i skipped it.

The only other plot i really remember after the 3rd episode was the one where a female alien planned to breed with a human but couldn't because the person was transgender. Or something like that. It's been years sicne i saw this series, sorry.

No worries. It would be impossible to remember everything about everything you watched.
Yeah, the fourth episode didn't fit the series as much. Apparently, the end of the episode showed that the whole plot of the episode was a draft from the MC, for I forget which reason.
Yeah, you're right about the female alien thing. There was also the part with the color rangers (as you know), the baseball thing (where they were trapped in the guy's mind) and the finale (with the MC's fiance). Plus the mermaid thing, as I said (the one who can tell when people lie, mixed in with the plot of the black color ranger moving away).
May 14, 2022 11:50 PM

Dec 2019
No one seems to enjoy Docchi mo Maid, Maid Meshimase, or Asylum Session. The first two are more ironic (just kidding Maid Meshimase is a work of fiction in a league of its own that surpasses all critically acclaimed literary works) but Asylum Session, although having a loose, underdeveloped story and characters plus having some of the worst CG in all of anime, I genuinely enjoyed it and found it to be profoundly charming in spite of all of its obvious drawbacks. I really, really liked it and was entertained throughout the entirety of it.
Oh, and Docchi mo Maid is shit but because it felt so blatantly satirical I ended up loving every second of it and laughed my ass off for its entire impressive runtime of 13 minutes.

Oh and how could I forget King's Game and Ichi the Killer: Episode 0? King's Game is shit but hilarious in all the wrong ways, and same goes for Ichi the Killer. I became a fan of both of these, although the Ichi the Killer manga actually kicks ass.
TheAngryNerdMay 14, 2022 11:56 PM
May 15, 2022 12:11 AM
Nov 2019
For me, it has to be True Tears. I unexpectedly loved it. It's one of my top favorite anime.
May 15, 2022 12:28 AM

Apr 2016
yeah, I'm a sucker for cliche trash isekais, villainess plot manga/manhwas. I know they are bad but guilty pleasure
May 15, 2022 12:49 PM

Feb 2022
_meimei said:
Tenjou Tenge…. I enjoyed it, not rated super high.. not really sure if many people know of or have watched it?

It absolutely butchers the manga, so that might be a reason.

Azuchi said:
The currently airing Kono Healer, Mendokusai has a very harsh mean score at about 5.70. But I honestly enjoy this very much. I think it's brilliant.

Ikr lmao also it is an adaptation that adds quite a bit of content to the manga, instead of the usual where something something is cut out.
May 15, 2022 2:07 PM
Jul 2018
ChouunShiryuu said:
_meimei said:

Ahh okay, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up, I always wondered.
May 15, 2022 3:41 PM

Nov 2020
I have never seen anyone on the internet talk about Revue Starlight ever.
May 16, 2022 2:21 AM

Mar 2022
given. and i still think its a masterpiece kekw
May 16, 2022 11:46 AM

Feb 2022
_meimei said:
ChouunShiryuu said:

Ahh okay, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up, I always wondered.

No problem :) it was an interesting series for sure.
May 16, 2022 1:45 PM

Feb 2021
I fee that way with Fullmetal Alchemist. Everyone fanboys over the remake while I'm enjoying the amount of effort and passion dedicated to the original
May 16, 2022 1:56 PM

Jan 2018
E_Lou4i said:
Personally, i think its Great Pretender. Like, none talks about it or anything...

Nah most people enjoy it. It's just seasonal anime. It comes and goes

May 16, 2022 4:54 PM

Feb 2022
great pretender but specifically case 4, because everyone agrees great pretender is a good show but everyone also agrees that case 4 ruined the show but i disagree.
my candy:
May 16, 2022 6:15 PM

Sep 2008
Biggest case I've had with this come up was with my viewing of Reign: The Conqueror (Alexander Senki). Many have put it in the same league of Pilot Candidate and Super Milk-Chan as among their worst anime lists and worst anime that aired on Adult Swim during the block's 2000s run. But while I did see some flaws, I found the storytelling for it to be rather solid for the most part.
May 16, 2022 6:39 PM
Jul 2018
Another is a great Anime, no idea why it's rated too low, almost every user I went to either gave it a low score or say that it's trash.

SleepySera said:
Well there has to be someone who likes all the barely hidden toy commercial anime (little kids, I assume) but at least talking to other adults or looking at MAL ratings, no one else seems to actually enjoy or watch them.
But I find some weird level of enjoyment in shows like Marvel Disk Wars, Phi Brain or Build Divide (leaving out stuff like Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon and Co. because many of us watched those as children, so they are popular due to nostaglia).

Weirdly, I also love Marvel Disk Wars, the only Anime apart from Yo-kai Watch! and Teen Titans(if it's consider an Anime)that I took seriously back in my childhood.

LordSozin said:
High School of Dead is just pure boner, fanservice, and fun.

Give me your hand sir, you deserve a shake and a salute, we even got the same score!
May 16, 2022 9:12 PM

Feb 2022
Yes, Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi.

Most of the people says its good but I haven't seen or heard anyone says it is a masterpiece or great. (among the people that I know)
May 17, 2022 4:02 AM
Rain

Jun 2021
I feel like I'm the only one who enjoys Seraph of the End and Akame ga kill. A lot of times where people talk about the shows, they say it's trash, but I enjoyed them.
May 17, 2022 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
TheBlockernator said:
tenaflyviper said:

Takena has a pretty dedicated little fanbase. Unfortunately, most people on MAL don't seem to appreciate his work. It's definitely a shame because he's clearly very talented at claymation and his shorts are so much fun.

If i had to guess, it's probably because they aren't "Traditional" anime, i guess you'd say. I saw a few of his shorts years back on the early days of YouTube and had no idea they were even anime.

You could be right. Even well done 3DCG can be a deterrent for people, so claymation anime not being very popular on here makes sense. I also have to wonder if maybe some people go into his work with the wrong expectations. Anyone watching a Takena short expecting it to be 100% serious and genuinely scary is bound to be disappointed.

Nemo_Niemand said:
Yeah. Agitated Screams of Maggots.
Never heard of a single person who liked it, although it's kinda nice.

Agitated Screams of Maggots rocks! It got me into listening to Dir En Grey. Really enjoyed the crazy visuals.
May 17, 2022 9:49 AM

Apr 2022
Many saints hate kanojo mo kanojo, but I've grown to love it.
May 6, 2023 11:16 PM

Jan 2021
I remember watching anime back then on Animax that I felt like I only enjoyed and only a few have seen: Inari Kon Kon and Matoi: The Sacred Slayer
May 6, 2023 11:25 PM

Jun 2020
_flaneuse said:
Hetalia, Yuyushiki, Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai, Windy Tales, Cencoroll, A Piece of Phantasmagoria.. I do see youtube comments for some of these shows, and know there are people in the world that enjoy them as much as I do, but never seen them even mentioned on MAL threads.

BurningCarnation said:
Wakako-zake. Extremely short series about an OL getting some munchies from bars. It's far too short to have 'character development' or a complex story. Just watch the good food and good booze. What more do people want from a series that totals to the broadcasting time of a single anime episode?

I love Wakako-Zake too! :D ..I've seen it multiple times and it's so relaxing to me.

I would also add Kyousougiga and momokuri.. :)
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Style of watching

Vapor_AU - 9 hours ago

27 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
4 minutes ago

» WHat's an anime that would be great if a genderswapped version was made?

TheBlockernator - Yesterday

19 by alshu »»
5 minutes ago

» How did the (first 10) anime end up on your favorites list?

JaaShooUhh - Yesterday

30 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Best samurai anime

JoeChip - Yesterday

12 by deg »»
9 minutes ago

» Favorite anime spring 2024

ani2016 - 9 hours ago

14 by Inexplicable »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.