Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2020 5:16 PM

Mar 2016
nanimeanswhat said:
To be honest I was kinda bored in the first half but the second half was good.

Once again, not enough Ishigami...

Oh, if you're asking for more Ishigami, you'll have lots of him in this season. And next one (if it'll exist) too.
pilotinha_Apr 18, 2020 7:37 PM
Apr 18, 2020 5:18 PM

Feb 2018
This anime never disappoints me. This episode was excellent! Bakaguya is hilarious.
I loved the ED, it is as good as the first one.
Apr 18, 2020 5:39 PM

Sep 2014
crosswrm said:
JizzyHitler said:
Just wait till a hypothetical season 3 that is probably assured given the series insane success, then we will be getting into some legendary stuff, though for now were at this season and theres some great stuff im hyped to see finally get animated, i just pray for no corona delay.

They've told me S1 was the weakest part of the manga, and now this is still the weakest part of the manga? Holy Shit, what is this masterpiece we'll be getting later?

I wouldn't call S1 weak. It's hilarious, no doubt about that. What people mean when they talk about how much better a S3 will be is that it will not only have solid comedy, but also fantastic character development. That's something a lot of people probably don't expect out of this series, given how structured it is with all the gags.
Apr 18, 2020 5:52 PM

Mar 2019
Kaguya won everytime! Celebrate in good vibrations.
Apr 18, 2020 5:58 PM
Apr 2019
A really fun episode to watch! Gave us a lot to enjoy, from Kaguya trying to get information about president through his sister, then to see her terrified by Moeha and the cute ending where they al hug Kei. With the second part, we got to see multiple sides of kaguya which shows her different emotional states (serious Kaguya and lovey-dovey Kaguya) and the judge, fighting for what she should do for shirogane's birthday was really fun to watch and Kaguya's VA did an amazing job differentiating the voices. Also, gotta love the scenes of chika surprised and shocked. The mind games were fun and seeing Kaguya struggling to keep her composure is adorable.

Overall a great episode and so far, every episode seems better than the last!
Apr 18, 2020 6:13 PM
Dec 2017
Honestly I lost track of what was going on. with all the internal thought processes and wild animation. I couldn't really tell what was reality(in the anime) or a hypothetical scenario being played out in the character's mind.
At the end I decided to roll with it and I enjoyed the episode.
Apr 18, 2020 6:24 PM

Nov 2015
The ending is so great
Apr 18, 2020 6:31 PM

Jan 2011
episode was fucking good at first was mostly just cute and then the birthday scene peaked at the end even if it got a little insane i couldn't tell if it was actually happening at first or not lol ,like everyone said Aoi Koga went in this week
Apr 18, 2020 6:40 PM
Apr 2019
I couldn't stop laughing!
Apr 18, 2020 7:09 PM
Jan 2015
ishigami is the best character right, his righteous mind is kind of awesome!
Apr 18, 2020 7:14 PM

May 2015
Man, the visuals in the episode were great. I love the fact that they seem to be leaning more into that wacky, Shaft-esque style. It felt like I was watching Monogatari.

Apr 18, 2020 7:16 PM
Jun 2019
Way better than the first one. Enjoyable episode.
Apr 18, 2020 7:19 PM

Dec 2013
Moeha wtf...

Kei is fun but overall the second half was a lot more enjoyable than the first.

The trial scene was pure gold.

Ishigami accidentally rescued Kaguya from self destructing! RIP Fujiwara.
Apr 18, 2020 7:23 PM

Jan 2019
This is the anime that the world needs right now.

And by the world I mean me because I'm an arrogant asshole.
Apr 18, 2020 7:35 PM

Jul 2016
I know it's for comedy purposes but Shirogane's sister is kinda shitty/unfair with the way she treats her caring brother. Isn't really funny but anyways, it's not like I care for her character to begin with so it's not a big deal.

Honestly, the first episode was way more hilarious but I gotta agree that the part with Kaguya giving the birthday cake slice to Miyuki was indeed quite sweet. It was a bit of a shame the tone returned to comedy so quickly tho but well, at least the dorks made some progress.
SouthRzVaApr 19, 2020 1:12 AM
Apr 18, 2020 7:44 PM

Nov 2013
Credit to Kaguya's VA, that Trial segment was great!

Still, they really made this season even more dramatic than the last, which is fine and all but hopefully there's a payoff soon... frankly the back and forths are beginning to lose its novelty.
Apr 18, 2020 7:45 PM
Jun 2016
Koga Aoi blows expectations out of the water yet again. She's absolutely amazing I can't believe how new of a voice actress she is. I went to the manga after s1, and I rarely read manga. I've been enjoying it a hell of a lot but the best thing the anime can do is adapt the source and add to it with voice acting, animation, music etc. Having read the manga and come back it truly shows how much the series has been elevated due to the anime. Don't get me wrong, Akasaka Aka, I love you're writing and art, you are a legend in you're own right. But for Koga Aoi, Kohara Konomi and the rest of the VA cast as well as the A-1 team and others to elevate it to this degree is beyond my wildest dreams. Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit here but I just want to convey how great a job they're doing. The scenes are hilarious and genuine at the same time, nothing gets forgotten by the plot or characters which is great for development, and I just can't stress enough the delivery on the voice acting is top notch. Absolutely beautiful. I can't wait for more this show is going to be the highlight of my week this spring season.
Apr 18, 2020 7:49 PM

Aug 2019
god i love this series so much, those 24mins went by so fast omg.
I think i genuinely love this seasons opening song more then season 1's maybe the animation isn't as eye catching (with the theme of weapons for war) as season 1's but it makes sense because Shirogane and Shinomiya have soften up so much to each other xd.
omg Koga Aoi has such an amazing voice, you can hear it vary a lot this episode i love it
Apr 18, 2020 7:59 PM

Apr 2018
Great episode, window shopping is back with Kei. Glad that she got some screentime. The birthday scene was great and my boi Ishigami with the save ahahah.
Apr 18, 2020 8:17 PM

Mar 2020
I loved this episode! The window shopping was good, got to see Kei again, and this time Chika gets shot down by Ishigami, who’s still the best character.

The ED’s visuals are awesome once again, dunno which one is better though, I’m sure most of you will say Season 1’s themes were better, but soon this will get stuck in our heads too!
Apr 18, 2020 8:28 PM
Feb 2019
Excellent Episode! I thought the first episode was going to be difficult to top, but this one did it!

Kei and Miyuki "competing" for Kaguya's affection, the gift scene, the courtroom scene (The carefree Kaguya is SO ADORABLE (Bakaguya?)) were awesome to watch.
Apr 18, 2020 8:32 PM

Feb 2019
Another funny episode. Brings me back to when I read these chapters in the manga, but as usual their presentation in anime form added some things and it's great! Such as those panels of zooming further and further into Fujiwara's face as she was faced with the fact that only she did not remember Shirogane's birthday lol

Damn, it didn't occur to me that all the Kaguyas (Kaguya herself, Loliguya, Iceguya, Bakaguya) are all voiced by the same VA. That was amazing because I could definitely feel the different tone and voice. Great job by her.

New OP and ED are pretty good, but I personally prefer the first season's OP (for now). We'll see, maybe it'll grow on me.

Looking forward to more of this awesome adaptation!
Apr 18, 2020 8:48 PM

Jul 2012
Ishigami is hilarious even with the little screen time. I hope we get to see some reversal where it's Kurogane's turn to celebrate Kaguya's birthday.
Apr 18, 2020 9:08 PM

Jan 2009
Lol this episode reminded me why i love 80's nusic.

Great episode as always, but i would expect nothing less of this anime.
Apr 18, 2020 9:27 PM

Oct 2017
I hate to be negative, but I'm really not feeling this second season so far. Actually had the first season as a 10 until I revised my system so a show had to be finished to get a 10 and moved it to a 9. This second season so far though... the writing is still good but the production feels off. It feels like it's trying too hard. More lines are being shouted rather than said.

The show was always over the top, but knew how to slow down and be a bit more moody with some tension in the first season. So far its felt like this season they've turned the volume up and cranked up the pace... maybe because they feel pressure to live up to the first season?

And what on earth was that sound design? That horrible 80s-sounding instrumental was too loud and didn't fit with the pace of the scene at all. I'm sitting there listening to it and listening to the dialogue thinking "this would be so much better if it were only the dialogue, the music is ruining it".

Maybe my expectations were too high and I was just never going to enjoy this as much as the first season, I don't know.

[EDIT: OK then, three pages and I'm literally the only one with an even vaguely negative comment. Guess I'm crazy. That 80s instrumental was still bad sound design though.]
YossaRedMageApr 18, 2020 9:34 PM
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Apr 18, 2020 9:39 PM

Nov 2011
Hayasaka is a fucking savage for having Kaguya say those sweet SWEET words!

Great episode. I teared up a little bit when Kaguya gave Shirogane his birthday cake. That scene was so fucking sweet.

Lol Fujiwara losing at the end was funny.

Great freaking episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 18, 2020 10:10 PM
Jun 2017
I super love the birthday party part... Its so 😂😂😂😂 and 😍😍😍😍 at the same time...

And Chika's facial reaction is 😂😂😂😂
Apr 18, 2020 10:18 PM

Apr 2018
Great episode! Love seeing Kaguya getting flustered over Shirogane. Chika made the episode hilarious yet again
Apr 18, 2020 10:32 PM

Mar 2019
Ayasaka, as always giving us the Best Start.

Kaguya S2 Version is so much better than Kaguya S1 Version...

In the first season i was 100% #TeamChika... but in this one, i gotta admit that Kaguya is finally giving some fighting...

Amazing Episode (Again)...

PS: Poor Chika..... <3
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 18, 2020 10:44 PM
Sep 2016
Dude, Koga Aoi-sama is supposed to be a relatively new seiyuu right? That was an amazing 4 characters monologue right there! She should receive an award!

Finally introduction to the court as well as the first ever animated scene of Bakaguya VS Ice-Kaguya. And THEY NAILED IT FLAWLESSLY!

And the ED there.... Just great!
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 18, 2020 10:47 PM
Aug 2019
wow, Kaguya's seiyuu was impressive this episode. This episode was really good.

Apr 18, 2020 11:09 PM

Feb 2018
Dudi4PoLFr said:
JizzyHitler said:

Gonna hype it up cause honestly ive not really seen anyone disagree with this sentiment. Fireworks aside s1 was mostly just adapting the weakest parts of the entire series by a pretty large margin before it finds its footing with both the characters as well as avoiding the pratfall of being too formulaic. From here on out its gonna be the good shit that made this series so beloved in the first place. Theres a couple small moments of division but thats lightyears ahead from now especially in anime form.

So potential delay aside, your gonna have a hell of a good few months ahead of yah with this one.

Well if that was the "weakest" part of the manga we are here for one hell of a ride!

Well I don't consider them to be the weakest parts. Infact the weakest parts are probably ch 136+, ie.the potential 4th season.

The major diff be ch 1-45 and 45-136 is that the mind games take a backseat and we can enjoy the real personality of kaguya and shirogane!!

You know that comedy can always be hit and miss. 1-45 are mostly pure comedy. But you would have realized by ep2 itself that this season has parts of romance in it.
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Apr 18, 2020 11:26 PM

Jun 2015
You can see how passionate Koga Aoi is when voicing Kaguya.
Apr 18, 2020 11:37 PM

Jun 2013
Chika truly is best girl. Loved how she was the one who got singled out by best boy, Ishigami. Kaguya was extremely adorable in this episode but even though Chika is my best girl, I found a contender: KEI! She is fucking adorable and I love her so much
臭い-
Apr 18, 2020 11:47 PM

Mar 2014
so i searched kaguya's seiyuu's other projects and was surprised that she only has a short list. hope she gets more projects voicing major characters, she really deserves more recognition
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Apr 18, 2020 11:48 PM

Feb 2013
Another amazing episode, super funny.
And yum, that cake looked sweet!
Apr 19, 2020 12:16 AM

Jul 2017
wait what did they just animate s-rare kaguya

my life is complete

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Apr 19, 2020 1:02 AM
Jan 2010
SouthRzVa said:
I know it's for comedy purposes but Shirogane's sister is kinda shitty/unfair with the way she treats is caring brother. Isn't really funny but anyways, it's not like I care for her character to begin with so it's not a big deal.

that's some freudian shit right there
Apr 19, 2020 2:05 AM
Mar 2019
SouthRzVa said:
I know it's for comedy purposes but Shirogane's sister is kinda shitty/unfair with the way she treats her caring brother. Isn't really funny but anyways, it's not like I care for her character to begin with so it's not a big deal.

Completely agree, from what i see, i seem to be one of, if not the only one who just despises her character. And it mostly stems from that "treatment", like i'm just happier when she's not on screen. She has a bitchy personality, though that may be a bit harsh.

Idk, i don't base my love of a character on how "cute" they, and her personality i'm just not happy with. If i ever met a person like that in real life, they'd get shut down by me quick, it's just unfair and unreasonable treatment.

Sorry for the rant! love the show, it's one of my favorites! :) Just a gripe i have, and like you said it is for comedy purposes, but somethings, i just can't overlook.
Apr 19, 2020 2:52 AM

Sep 2013
Obviously, the episode was entertaining as ever. But I've got to say, the ending song has NO business looking that good!
Apr 19, 2020 2:55 AM

Oct 2018
I want see Kaguya's Family
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Apr 19, 2020 2:55 AM

Jan 2009
There's a valid reason for Kei's irritation with her brother, but it will only be explained in a later chapter. Let me put it like this: As someone who has a younger sister in RL, I recognize certain dynamics, so the way they are depicted here is fairly realistic. I always have to chuckle and shake my head when animes show the googly-eyed "oniichan" types - this is not how little sisters generally are ;)
Apr 19, 2020 3:23 AM

Aug 2019
Amazing episode, very enjoyable. Moeha is scary lol. I was surprised Kaguya was able to give Shirogane the cake. The best part was definitely the courtroom scene, Kaguya's VA did an amazing job. Lol Chika's reactions are the best. Ishigami was brutal af. RIP Chika

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Apr 19, 2020 4:26 AM

Nov 2015
YossaRedMage said:
I hate to be negative, but I'm really not feeling this second season so far. Actually had the first season as a 10 until I revised my system so a show had to be finished to get a 10 and moved it to a 9. This second season so far though... the writing is still good but the production feels off. It feels like it's trying too hard. More lines are being shouted rather than said.

The show was always over the top, but knew how to slow down and be a bit more moody with some tension in the first season. So far its felt like this season they've turned the volume up and cranked up the pace... maybe because they feel pressure to live up to the first season?

And what on earth was that sound design? That horrible 80s-sounding instrumental was too loud and didn't fit with the pace of the scene at all. I'm sitting there listening to it and listening to the dialogue thinking "this would be so much better if it were only the dialogue, the music is ruining it".

Maybe my expectations were too high and I was just never going to enjoy this as much as the first season, I don't know.

[EDIT: OK then, three pages and I'm literally the only one with an even vaguely negative comment. Guess I'm crazy. That 80s instrumental was still bad sound design though.]

You’re not the only one who thinks so :) I’m kinda in the same situation, so far I don’t have the same connection to characters as in the previous season, maybe it’s just because of choice of chapters and it will be better soon? I hope so.
Also I hope the situation in world wouldn’t make them releasing unpolished episodes, only because it’s almost the only show to enjoy in Spring
Apr 19, 2020 5:01 AM

Feb 2014
If there's one thing that I learnt from this episode, it's that Chika's younger sister, Moeha, is rather scary. The way that voiced how she obsessively likes Kei and Kaguya to the point of wanting to keep them all to herself was disturbing! XD

Either way, this episode was another 24 minutes filled with awesomeness. Top marks for Kaguya's VA, Koga Aoi, for her stellar performance in this episode, with how good her range and tones that she can pull off with ease. =D

The OP remains my favourite of this whole year so far, with its addictive catchy beat and the smooth vocals. The ED, meanwhile, is also another great one and I would put it on par with season 1's first ED for now.

I wonder when the new characters will make their appearance...
Apr 19, 2020 5:28 AM

Jul 2015
Exquisite.. I loved the inner conflict in Kaguya's mind
Apr 19, 2020 5:39 AM
Aug 2016
All the characters are top tier except prez'z little sister, I hope we'll never see her again at least in this season.
Apr 19, 2020 5:59 AM
Apr 2014
ClickBaitBuster said:
All the characters are top tier except prez'z little sister, I hope we'll never see her again at least in this season.

She was better written in the manga, if I remember correctly.

Otherwise in general of the new season, it feels like they are in a hurry.
Like they could really slow down at least 10% so the jokes, as well as the subtlety/thrown away dialogue would be able to shine.
Apr 19, 2020 6:17 AM

Sep 2011
BadChase said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

She was better written in the manga, if I remember correctly.

No she wasnt, the way this was handled isnt any different than the manga, kei doesnt even appear much but she gets more clarification later that as someone else said, if you actually have a younger sister the dynamic makes sense.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 19, 2020 6:36 AM

Mar 2014
Kei is here <3

The birthday episode is a great chapter and I think they definitely did justice to it. Kaguya's trial was also really fun to see. Aoi Koga has a great range voicing all three versions of Kaguya differently
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

367 by Temho »»
May 14, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

256 by sainazrb »»
May 9, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

665 by aoo-kun »»
Mar 31, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

291 by kayiu102 »»
Feb 25, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.