Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 22, 2019 3:35 PM

Feb 2018
This was a pretty exciting episode. I found it to be one of the best ones in this cour. Jiromaru the demon shark was genuinely frightening. The interactions between Hyakkimaru and Dororo were really touching. Also I'm glad he finally got his leg back and can quit hobbling around like a pirate.

The animation seemed really on point in this episode, I guess they're putting the budget where it counts. The fight between Hyakkimaru and Tahomaru was exciting and for a moment I was worried for Hyakkimaru, especially when he got an arrow in his back and broke his right sword. They were pretty lucky the shark guy caused that landslide, but I'm glad he's finally out of the way now.

RIP Itachi. He was kind of an asshole, and only cared about the treasure even until the end, but he wasn't all bad.

It's good Dororo is taking her time deciding how to use that money, not like they could've taken it all with them anyway, but I hope no one else gets to it in the meantime.

We're reaching the end! It's exciting but sad at the same time. I really love this anime and don't want to see it end, but I'm anxious to see what happens. With only 6 episodes left, it makes me wonder if there will be a Season 2?
May 22, 2019 4:39 PM

Sep 2011
Probably the overall best episode in the show, felt like a fitting conclusion to the 2nd act of the series with alot of things coming to a head thats been built up the whole show.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 26, 2019 3:11 AM

May 2016
Jiromaru could've eaten some of Tahomaru's samurai or more poor saps from Itachi's band of bandits but he ended up plopping like a fish menacingly before having his killing spree interrupted by Hyakkimaru before it even started. Shiranui definitely left his mark shortly after though, blowing up most of the cape and getting rid of nearly everyone except for the ones who were lucky enough to have a name.

Hyakkimaru masterfully fighting off Tahomaru's gank squad looked gorgeous but my favorite part of the episode was him nuzzling Dororo's forehead so she'll know how precious she is to him as his sole companion for the entirety of his journey. They might've gotten the treasure but having that much money without that many opportunities to spend it on would be more trouble than it's worth so they've decided to come back to it at another time.

Itachi was a bitch throughout, betraying Dororo's father and making the remainder of her mother's life one of the most humiliating things ever even after she had passed away but she's not the type to plant deep-seated grudges like that so she prayed for him anyway. This is why she's the perfect person to keep Hyakkimaru's humanity in check!

May 27, 2019 6:16 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode.

Nice to see Hyakkimaru getting his leg back.

Jun 5, 2019 2:57 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty much every fight scene Hyakkimaru was in this episode was badass lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 7, 2019 10:33 AM

Dec 2016
Love this episode! To many emotions in this episode, the fight was epic and Itachi dies without getting the treasure Dororo's parents kept saved. Oh yeah, and the crazy shark boy died with explosives. Great episode! Loved the scene where Kyakkimaru nuzzles Dororo's forehead <3

Too cute <3
PurpleGirl203Jun 7, 2019 10:38 AM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 10, 2019 8:23 PM

Mar 2013
Another great episode, How I wish those treasures we're mine.
Jun 13, 2019 2:36 PM

Nov 2018
Dororo is way too nice to Itachi despite what he did to her multiple times.
Nice episode tho.
Jun 24, 2019 2:01 PM

Mar 2019
I'm late to the party,because I put dororo on hold,but now that it has ended I need to watch it fast.
Rip Itachi.He and Dororo are the last two from that tribe,and now that he died,Dororo is the only one left.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 5, 2019 6:58 AM

Mar 2012
That shark demon fight lol. At least he got his leg back. Guessing his arms are next on the list.
Jul 17, 2019 12:48 PM
Apr 2018
Unowen said:
This episode had a reasonable build up after a few episodes with them being split off and Tahoumaru also showing up. And yet it was barely exciting and kept the trend of looking cheap. Welp

LOL, if you think this show looks cheap and unexciting, you must hate 99% of other anime. Its one of the best looking shows we've seen in years.
Jul 17, 2019 1:35 PM

Jun 2015
NordicHorde said:
Unowen said:
This episode had a reasonable build up after a few episodes with them being split off and Tahoumaru also showing up. And yet it was barely exciting and kept the trend of looking cheap. Welp

LOL, if you think this show looks cheap and unexciting, you must hate 99% of other anime. Its one of the best looking shows we've seen in years.
It did ended up looking cheap though, you only have to see how sloppy the action scenes are compared to those we saw in the first 5-6 episodes.

When it comes to the excitement part is a mixture of factors: how the build up for this episode in particular didn't pay off, how the main events are too dragged out for their own good, how lame some of the side stories are (like the shark dude in question) and in general how many other titles have approached historical settings better, with way more flavor and personality (Mushishi, Golden Kamuy, Vinland Saga, Seirei no Moribito, Samurai Champloo, etcetc.)
Jul 23, 2019 4:02 AM

Dec 2015
Woow, they went pretty far to make this episode interesting: the conclusion of treasure intrigue and shark yôkai, the next brotherly "clash", etc. But even this idea of reuniting four different sides on a small island didn't do anything to raise my interest.

3/5
Aug 10, 2019 7:58 PM

Mar 2013
I don't want Tahomaru to die, but I've really come to hate him in the last couple of episodes. His foolishness has already got many people killed (though Hyogo is probably fine). Ganging up on Hyakkimaru like that as if his own brother is just a beast to be put down, that I hate. As someone else said, it's his righteousness that makes him so repulsive at the moment. He knows what happened to Hyakkimaru, he knows all of it. Yet he almost seemed to be taking pleasure in the idea of killing him.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Aug 18, 2019 12:23 AM

Dec 2018
It's been a long time since I saw barrage of arrows managed to hit the target

Heh, seems Dororo still caring for Itachi.

Welp Itachi is so inconsistent. He tied up Dororo in a tree, knowing he will die sooner or later, yet he protected him from the landslide when he's free from the rope. He's not entirely a douchebag.

In the end, Itachi indirectly lead Dororo into the treasure.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 20, 2019 10:00 AM

Mar 2015
Great episode, the action was nice and it's great they were able to get off the island safely
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 30, 2019 6:12 AM

Jul 2013
This whole thing with Hyakkimaru and Tahomaru is completely gray area but still I'm rooting for Hyakkimaru. Daigo's land have prospered enough, if they were meant to die of famine let it be so.
Mar 1, 2020 8:28 AM

Feb 2019
Aniki pinching dororo's cheek melts me
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Apr 7, 2020 1:48 PM

Aug 2015
RIP Itachi, he might haven't been the nicest guy but he was not evil, just surviving like everyone else.
Heartwarming reunion with Dororo.
Aug 21, 2020 11:36 PM

Jun 2017
Hyakkimaru pinching Dororo's cheek and putting his head against hers was so cute! I'm really hoping it doesn't end with one of their deaths.

PrimeX said:
This whole thing with Hyakkimaru and Tahomaru is completely gray area but still I'm rooting for Hyakkimaru. Daigo's land have prospered enough, if they were meant to die of famine let it be so.

I agree.
Aug 23, 2020 1:43 AM

Jul 2020
Loving more the relationship and closeness of Hyakkimaru and Dororo.

Also, the fight between Tahomaru and Hyakkimaru was great. I know Tahomaru just want what’s best for his people but I’m starting to hate him and his ways.
Aug 29, 2020 11:43 AM

Jul 2015
Adorable reunion of Hyakki and Dororo-chan. Well Sharkboy blew himself up which fits his crazy life as sharkboy. Despite Itachi's bad deeds, I didn't get the feeling he ever had ill intentions for Dororo's family and actually wanted to help them (suggesting to work with samurai, splitting the money etc.) just that he prioritised his own survival. Got the feeling they will use the treasure to somehow help the land once Hyakkimaru completes his body.

Sep 30, 2020 6:57 PM
Jul 2016
Aww that moment when Hyakki squeezed Dororo's cheek and rubbing their forehead!!! (*´∨`*)ニヒヒ♡
They're really adorable (Please dun kill them baka taho!!).
It's sweet that Hyakki do what his 'okaachan' did to him to Dororo, as it showed that he consider Dororo as his family too/ something precious to him.

As for the reunion with Tahomaru, sigh.
I'm disappointed with you kid. Tahomaru, whom I kinda like before not only decided to seal his heart and pick the easiest way out, he stopped thinking altogether.
Wonder how many people he'd try to sacrifice before he wake up.
And he made Hyakki consider him his enemy too, eventho he's kinda chill after meeting Jukai. Geeez.

If you really desire a peaceful country, then do that with your own hands! Educate your villagers, raise the food storage, train your soldier well and strengthen the border, while you still have time. And try to search for other empty land to migrate on if things become bad later.
Instead of chasing a person who was condemned to be a devil from your own personal justice :(( I'm so annoyed.
Even if Hyakki died and the land become prosperous onece more, I doubt the demon will be satisfied like that. Perhaps Tahomaru will have to sacrifice his first born or something, over and over
Oct 1, 2020 9:46 PM
Oct 2019
Tender reunion for D&H.

Don't understand why the whole Daigo group left. Could've left some behind to search, no?

Oh well. They found the treasure. Hopefully they use it wisely, whenever they do use it. If they're even capable of using it...(Using that money to keep all of Daigo prosperous, common folk, good brigands, etc - screw the lord's and samurai - after Hyakki regains his full body is probably how it'll go, right?)

Also want to say that the timeline for Hyakki meeting his "mama" and then catching up to Dororo just doesn't add up.
Oct 11, 2020 7:51 PM

Mar 2019
Shark demon, whoa.

Very sweet Dororo & Hyakkimaru reunion.
Nov 22, 2020 11:20 AM
Sep 2017
Swagernator said:
So they found the treasure, but they don't know what to do with it yet. I hope it will have some relevance at the end. Also rip Itachi, he wasn't a bad guy, he just tried his best to survive in that shitty age.
I agree, i didn't dislike that character at all.
Mar 20, 2021 9:31 AM

Mar 2010
The shark whisperer was just weird asf but I forgot all about him... Though thanks to him they all left with their lives intact.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 8, 2021 10:42 PM

May 2020
Hyakkimaru and Dororo just like Bro and sis. I like them. Dororo is rich kid tho.
Oct 4, 2021 2:27 AM

Jan 2021
Finally the animation is decent again ! That fight scene was pretty good.

Btw, RIP Itachi. He was a agathokakological guy.
Jan 5, 2022 2:08 PM
Aug 2020
Awfully convenient that he got his leg back just in time, eh? Also, were we supposed to feel bad for Itachi? Fuck that guy, Dororo should have used his bleeding body as shielding from the arrows.
May 24, 2022 9:20 AM

Jun 2019
Man... Can you guys leave Hyakkimaru alone? He just wants his body back. Come on... Also, RIP Itachi.
Aug 7, 2022 8:51 AM

Nov 2012
Oh he had Ur leg huh? What a coincidence haha
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Nov 20, 2022 2:34 AM

Apr 2021
The fight scenes were good in this episode. Dororo found the treasure, but I guess he still needs time to figure out what exactly he's gonna do with all that fortune. I liked this episode.
Mar 19, 2023 6:44 PM

Oct 2022
Ugh.. that Shark Freak dude is still at it. Got tired of him at the end of the 16th episode. He's calling out to the other shark and yea, no surprise it's a demon but HOLY SH1T is it huge. Very shounen, crazy over the top fight with Hyakkimaru going after the monster land shark and dam what a bloody mess I hated that thing! Of course that's not enough for the freak dude, he wants revenge for his stupid deformed shark-demon friends...
Meanwhile Itachi is taking what's left of his crew up to find the treasure and BOOM. Well at least it didn't drag out the treasure hunt for an entire season. This is where my complaints begin with this story... like having there be a huge treasure basically disrespects everything Dororo and _ family has gone through, as well as Hyakkimaru. Oh look, there's an Easy button for you son, just find the pots of gold and actually you're a prince all this time. It opens up a bunch of questions- like why didn't Dororo's mom immediately search for the treasure as soon as father died? What did she have to lose? She had to know how the map worked on Dororo's back, all they had to do was figure out each other's maps and roll in the riches. But there's also the problem of Tahomaru, who shows up for obvious reasons but it's not clear how. Do they know about the treasure? Clearly not- they make no real attempt to get it. Tahomaru is now after Hyakkimaru because he's made the Clearly Wise decision to protect a deal with f^(&!ng demons who totally aren't letting ghouls loose all over the land, and totally aren't extracting any sacrifices (such as from any of his own family members) and who totally aren't responsible for the crazy demon he himself had to fight..... yet here he is, fighting his own brother in the name of his father who has proven himself thoroughly to be the biggest scumbag in all of medieval Japan. I like Tahomaru and his companions as people, they are good people, but it feels off for them to be here fighting for nothing, in a place they shouldn't be.

The ending with Itachi was anti-climactic, as was the whole episode. Oh god there's shark freak again... wtf was with that guy, why is he in this show? He did nothing for the story and he just wouldn't leave. Dororo's compassion basically saved his life, which he didn't even notice apparently, so here he is cursing humans as being dumb and ignorant... not great storytelling this episode.
SuperAdventureMar 19, 2023 6:51 PM
Dec 1, 2023 12:03 AM
Jul 2018
Hyakkimaru's only family is Dororo now
Dec 6, 2023 2:01 AM

Dec 2020
Why Itachi man I liked him those samurais killed everyone besides Hyakkimaru and Dororo.
May 25, 3:55 PM
Sep 2022
Dororo es tan admirable 😔 ... ella es un rol de vida a seguir.
bluntaba_sakuraMay 27, 4:39 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

447 by Thirdu »»
Sep 3, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2019

143 by ZNT_12_9_1_22 »»
Aug 30, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2019

93 by jilebi_james23 »»
Aug 5, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2019

145 by jilebi_james23 »»
Aug 5, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2019

182 by jilebi_james23 »»
Aug 5, 11:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.