Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 18, 2019 2:22 PM

Aug 2017
So, who's next? Manime Matt? Mannylo Anime Squad? Pewdiepie? My vote goes for Pews
Jan 18, 2019 2:31 PM

Oct 2014
As someone else said, he's like the opposite of Digi.

I personally think his knowledge of the medium seems rather limited, so he doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time. His content is also too basic and uninspired for me. He came off fake from the first time I saw him, and that turned out to be true.

Besides being the biggest shill around, it seems the man has no thoughts or judgement of his own. He goes with the popular opinion and just says what the majority wants to hear. As a "critic", his takes and analysis are lackluster and rarely bring anything beyond the basic. Their not that distinguishable from the other countless anitubers. Whatever the new hot show is, he will praise it as long as there's a predominance of positive followers behind it. Vice versa for negative, of course. I can't help but think him no more than a joke seeing him praise or hate based solely for the views of his naive sheep audience.
Jan 18, 2019 2:59 PM

Dec 2012
Possibly because it smells like mold and has spiders.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Jan 18, 2019 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
Anime4Normies said:
Why do you care so much?

This post doesn't seem like "I'm trying to understand why people dislike MB". It seems like "I need to convince everyone else that they really DO (or at least "should") like MB".

People don't need your permission to dislike some twit on Youtube. Nobody's saying you can't like him, and sure has hell nobody is doing what you're doing, and saying "Um, no. Sorry, the reason you like MB isn't a valid reason. You can't like him based on that reason!"

If people want to dislike this guy, for completely logically infallible reasons, or for the most petty, stupid reason possible, they can. And you're not going to be able to talk into liking him, anymore than you can talk someone into changing their taste in food or music.

tldr- They don't like him because they just don't like him. Accept it and move on with your life.

How am I trying to convince people that they SHOULD like MB? If that was my goal, I would be replying to everyone, arguing with everyone on the thread.
EDIT: I'm trying to find reasons that make sense as to why people hate MB. I'm sorry, but something like, "the guy's content is bland" is too vague. Thankfully a lot of people have fleshed out posts that explain why they dislike MB, and I respect them for that.

Pyro said:

I personally think his knowledge of the medium seems rather limited, so he doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time. His content is also too basic and uninspired for me. He came off fake from the first time I saw him, and that turned out to be true.

Besides being the biggest shill around, it seems the man has no thoughts or judgement of his own. He goes with the popular opinion and just says what the majority wants to hear. As a "critic", his takes and analysis are lackluster and rarely bring anything beyond the basic. Their not that distinguishable from the other countless anitubers. Whatever the new hot show is, he will praise it as long as there's a predominance of positive followers behind it. Vice versa for negative, of course. I can't help but think him no more than a joke seeing him praise or hate based solely for the views of his naive sheep audience.

He talks a lot about directing: what X shot means, lighting, those kinda stuff. Doesn't that indicate he has a lot of knowledge?
removed-userJan 18, 2019 3:08 PM
Jan 18, 2019 3:40 PM

Mar 2018
People dont like his stance on piracy.
Jan 18, 2019 3:55 PM
Jul 2018
I didn't know shit about him until reading this thread, but why do people bother watching inflated 10~20+ minute videos of people's opinions on an anime? After reading up on him, he's a genuine cuckold, a pretentious idiot, and an SJW.
Jan 18, 2019 4:07 PM

Jun 2015
Escaethorne said:
After reading up on him, he's a genuine cuckold, a pretentious idiot, and an SJW.
This. limitlimitlimitlimitlimit
Jan 18, 2019 5:18 PM

Aug 2018
I used to watch glass reflection but after a while I noticed that he's just on the mainstream side of things
The anime that everyone like he likes
The anime that is getting hate he hates on it
He's just so basic and boring and doesn't seem to have any real opinion of his own

Mother's basement content is fine most of the time
But as a person he's a really big cuck

E;R isn't really an Anime youtuber but even tho he's kind of a antisemitic (or maybe just trolling) his videos are really good especially the 2 videos about Deadpool and one punch man.

The anime man is meh.

Gigguk is my favorite anituber, his videos are very entertaining.
KanYeeTJan 18, 2019 5:22 PM
Jan 18, 2019 6:06 PM
Jul 2018
I don't think it's worth my time to hate any person I don't honestly know. I will say his newest vid, the "what you should be watching this season" made me mad because he told people going into The Promised Neverland blind was a good idea then spoiled the whole first episode. Also he showed what was one of the single best moments from Dororo episode 1. Nit picky but he should know better.
Jan 18, 2019 6:27 PM

Dec 2017
Kiwifarms is a faulty source since it's mostly a rumor site

Anyways, the guy is a backwards content creator who actually does proclaim himself to be the moral guard of anitubers. He then went full sjw with goblin slayer and E;R and showed his true colors of being backwards.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Jan 18, 2019 6:34 PM
Sep 2017
I don´t hate him, i just don´t see his videos cause his videos contains a lot of spoilers
Jan 18, 2019 7:06 PM

Feb 2011
He has an upload titled "Highschool of the Dead is a Masterpiece. F*** You, Fight Me." so I immediately assume this guy has at the least, a functioning brain. Going further, most likely fighting a mass of zombies that conform to status quo. You know something is good by the amount of hate it initially gets from the zombie mass.
Closer.
Jan 18, 2019 9:04 PM

Oct 2016
This was very entertaining to read lmfao. I didn't expect this tbh.
Jan 18, 2019 9:33 PM
Jul 2018
HopefulNihilist said:
HeroicIdealism said:
At least Digibro isn't afraid of being truly controversial. As much of a degenerate as Digi is, I can respect that at least.

Digibro's critics are really really confusing me: one minute you guys say that Digibro is a degenerate, which I'm guessing is because of his controversial opinions...but then you say that you respect him for being a controversial. What??

Digibro is a degenerate because he's a lolicon who wants to be a little girl, has a past of dressing as ponies and prancing around, smokes weed all day, is a complete drunk, etc.
He has redeemed himself in the brony area, but other than that he is still a degenerate. His controversial opinions make him a dissident, not a degenerate.

The stuff listed in that thread are proven, they are not rumors. Aside from him forcing his GF to cosplay, which is not proven but either way, she does whore herself out and he's more than enthusiastic about it.

ZaBici said:
He has an upload titled "Highschool of the Dead is a Masterpiece. F*** You, Fight Me." so I immediately assume this guy has at the least, a functioning brain. Going further, most likely fighting a mass of zombies that conform to status quo. You know something is good by the amount of hate it initially gets from the zombie mass.

It's probably the only opinion of Geoff I've agreed with. That, and his Cory in the House "What's in an OP" is a genuine masterpiece. I can give him credit where it's due.
removed-userJan 18, 2019 9:37 PM
Jan 18, 2019 10:39 PM
Oct 2018
HopefulNihilist said:
Anime4Normies said:
Why do you care so much?

This post doesn't seem like "I'm trying to understand why people dislike MB". It seems like "I need to convince everyone else that they really DO (or at least "should") like MB".

People don't need your permission to dislike some twit on Youtube. Nobody's saying you can't like him, and sure has hell nobody is doing what you're doing, and saying "Um, no. Sorry, the reason you like MB isn't a valid reason. You can't like him based on that reason!"

If people want to dislike this guy, for completely logically infallible reasons, or for the most petty, stupid reason possible, they can. And you're not going to be able to talk into liking him, anymore than you can talk someone into changing their taste in food or music.

tldr- They don't like him because they just don't like him. Accept it and move on with your life.

How am I trying to convince people that they SHOULD like MB? If that was my goal, I would be replying to everyone, arguing with everyone on the thread.
EDIT: I'm trying to find reasons that make sense as to why people hate MB. I'm sorry, but something like, "the guy's content is bland" is too vague. Thankfully a lot of people have fleshed out posts that explain why they dislike MB, and I respect them for that.

Pyro said:

He talks a lot about directing: what X shot means, lighting, those kinda stuff. Doesn't that indicate he has a lot of knowledge?

"If that was my goal, I would be replying to everyone, arguing with everyone on the thread."

-then immediately jumps to arguing with someone's reason in the very same comment

lol, k.

Well, I'l let you get back to your little game of "MY entirely subjective opinion is 'more correct' than YOUR entirely subjective opinion". I'm sure this minor e-celeb deeply appreciates your valiant defense of his honour.
Jan 18, 2019 10:44 PM

Apr 2018
He's alright but he should stop milking the fucking SAO hate train already

The anime is terrible, I agree with you mate, you can stop now lol

Also idk why people say he encouraged skipping jojo parts when his "summary of jojo parts" video was clearly not meant to be taken seriously.

Jan 18, 2019 10:56 PM

Mar 2017

Wow. This is completely worthless.

Maybe he really is just getting shit thrown at him for being left-leaning?

He's certainly not my favorite anituber, but this post spends more time bitching about him being left-leaning than it does breaking down his actual content.
"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Everything... is connected." -Lain Iwakura

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

"Anime fans make me embarrassed to be an anime fan." -InkSpider
Jan 19, 2019 3:14 AM

Feb 2011
HeroicIdealism said:

ZaBici said:

It's probably the only opinion of Geoff I've agreed with. That, and his Cory in the House "What's in an OP" is a genuine masterpiece. I can give him credit where it's due.

That was my only input in this thread particularly because of that review. I don't even watch reviews, who does that. "I know what I need today, I need someone to chew and feed me opinions about a show I watched". HOTD masterpiece-five. I'm out of here, enjoy yourselves you fucking idiots.
Closer.
Jan 19, 2019 3:43 AM

Jan 2017
I don't see his videos as vague, uninspired or contentless at all. There's his rundowns, which are shorter on details by necessity since he's got less time to say why he recommends a show, but he still manages to present a good case. And then there's his OP videos, fight scene videos and other analyses, which delve into cinematography, pick apart themes and generally go more in-depth.

He is left-leaning. He's naturally going to view things through that lens. I don't think there's anyone alive who doesn't view things through some kind of political lens, because everyone is raised in a political society. Being apolitical is a political stance, fuck you very much, because it means you're content with not challenging the prevailing views and biases of whatever system you're currently in. Personally, I agree with most of what he's saying.
Jan 19, 2019 7:24 AM
Jul 2018
Anime4Normies said:
HopefulNihilist said:

"If that was my goal, I would be replying to everyone, arguing with everyone on the thread."

-then immediately jumps to arguing with someone's reason in the very same comment

lol, k.

Well, I'l let you get back to your little game of "MY entirely subjective opinion is 'more correct' than YOUR entirely subjective opinion". I'm sure this minor e-celeb deeply appreciates your valiant defense of his honour.

You're confusing discussing with arguing. You can still talk to somebody about your differences in opinion without arguing.
Jan 19, 2019 7:40 AM

Jan 2019
I honestly enjoy his content. Most of what I've seen aren't legitimate criticisms of his content. It's mostly just complaining about his personal opinions on piracy or politics.

When people say his reviews lack substance or his content is lacking, I honestly don't know what to say. His content is more in-depth than a lot of other anime content creators I've seen, so I don't know what they mean there.

People also like to bandwagon, and there was a lot of Mother's Basement hate awhile ago, so who knows.
“What are you scared of? Nothing good has ever come from fear.” – Kawabuchi Sentarou
Jan 19, 2019 7:45 AM

Jul 2015
For one thing, I have very different opinions and don't agree with his.
another thing is that his voice is soooo boring, he can't emote for crap
I still watch his video from time to time since he is a pretty good writer, but it can get hard to watch due to the voice and different opinions

oh yeah, I almost forgot.
HE CONSTANTLY SPOILS A SHOW
and the way he sponsors things is just, bad, If I made a product and asked him to speak about it I would be pissed off because he, god, his voice acting is so bad, it's way too bad, it's like listening to a math professor talking about algebra. he never (well sometimes) changes his tone, he could atleast try, atleast pretend he cares about what he is talking about, but no, he continues sounding like those old video game commercial guys
VanVelecaJan 19, 2019 7:50 AM
PLAE MY GAEM BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH
Neapolitan Nightmares
Jan 19, 2019 7:50 AM

Jan 2019
OfDeathandLove said:
From what little I've watched of him lately, his analysis is too watered down and offers little actual food for thought.

His OP analysis is what I originally subscribed to him for, but it seems like he rarely does that these days.

Also, even if you can skip it, shilling (and being proud of shilling) can get super annoying

Who cares if he gets sponsored? That's a source of income for him. At least he tries to water it down with humor instead of just giving a straight ad for 30 seconds.
“What are you scared of? Nothing good has ever come from fear.” – Kawabuchi Sentarou
Jan 19, 2019 8:01 AM

May 2018
SJW + Corporate Shill at the same time. You cannot get worse than that.
Jan 19, 2019 8:01 AM

May 2016
Shibakee said:
When people say his reviews lack substance or his content is lacking, I honestly don't know what to say. His content is more in-depth than a lot of other anime content creators I've seen, so I don't know what they mean there.

People don't know what analysis looks like--they think anitubers like Alecxzandyr give good analysis when (bless his soul, he tries and he does have good taste) he's just reiterating the overt text of the series as if it's some new insight. When people like Digi and Mother's Basement actually dig up some more subtle meaning, people freak out and claim they're overanalyzing.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jan 19, 2019 8:29 AM

Aug 2015
It was late 2016 or mid 2017,where his video used to be recommended in my youtube sidebar all the time.I watched his 2 or 3 videos in that time but it didn't leave a particularly good impression in me.He comes as a person wearing very fake persona in his video i will say.It always looks like he always says what other vocal critics says about a particular subject exact copying and paste very sallow and dull without adding anything new.Also he lacks charisma because of his very fake persona. Regarding his politics meh i don't care because i lean in radical left of political spectrum but he looks like a typical center lib to me.
ultravigoJan 19, 2019 8:32 AM
Jan 19, 2019 8:32 AM
Jul 2018
Zelkiiro said:
Shibakee said:

People don't know what analysis looks like--they think anitubers like Alecxzandyr give good analysis when (bless his soul, he tries and he does have good taste) he's just reiterating the overt text of the series as if it's some new insight. When people like Digi and Mother's Basement actually dig up some more subtle meaning, people freak out and claim they're overanalyzing.

This I agree with. I've learned a LOT of subtle details from certain anime from MB and Digi, that I wouldn't have learned otherwise.
Jan 19, 2019 5:39 PM

May 2009
From what I have seen and read, some of the hate is confusing. One hates on his way he talks about politics, the other literally hates on his political views which are two drastically different things. The subject surrounding his girlfriend is a reason for me to mute him from my feed though.
Jan 19, 2019 5:54 PM

Nov 2014
I'm sure there are more than a few people who have opinions about his stance on piracy. I actually don't care what he thinks in this case, he can believe whatever he wants.

Most of his series and specific videos I actually don't watch, I really only watch his general videos of anime as a whole (like anime piracy for instance). What's he best known for exactly? I've tried his top 10 lists and what's in an OP videos, which were a snoozefest.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 19, 2019 6:01 PM

Apr 2018
Escaethorne said:
I didn't know shit about him until reading this thread, but why do people bother watching inflated 10~20+ minute videos of people's opinions on an anime? After reading up on him, he's a genuine cuckold, a pretentious idiot, and an SJW.

He's also a fucking redditor! He uses /r/anime, aka, the worst place on the internet to talk about anime.
Jan 19, 2019 6:23 PM

Mar 2014
TIL MB said it's okay to skip JoJo parts.

He's now worse than Digibro.

/s

Seriously though, don't skip JoJo parts.
Jan 19, 2019 8:08 PM

Mar 2016
Yeah his top picks for anime you should watch are extremely safe in accordance to popularity rather than him finding some kind of unexplored jewel of the season but I still like him. My boyfriend watches him from time to time which is one of the few times we can talk about anime on a still very unfair playing field, but still to some level we can.

At the very least its got him watching Neverland with me this season soooooo I'm good with the dude's reviews/recommendations.
Jan 19, 2019 9:48 PM
Jul 2018
Shill's Basement is a corporate bootlicker with no self respect, basically.
Jan 19, 2019 10:59 PM

Jan 2019
too edgy, too confidence, lack of reviews, no good points. only making for 10 minute mark. ty
Jan 20, 2019 5:04 AM

Jan 2016
I have no problems with shilling but I do tend to think that his videos nowadays doesn't really represent his views, rather they're videos for the sake of selling himself or his advertisers. There's no integrity with Geoff atm.
Jan 20, 2019 5:21 AM
Oct 2018
I actually really love Mother's Basement.
Jan 20, 2019 5:40 AM

Feb 2017
i like mother's basements content usually, except for when he's being an sjw soyboy cuz some show sexualizes a girl that looks too loli for his delicate tastes lol
Jan 20, 2019 4:10 PM

Jul 2015
HopefulNihilist said:
So recently I made a thread titled, "In general, are anime youtubers good critics?". @KawaiiPotato1412 also made a thread titled, "The hate on anitubers".
I noticed from a lot, and I mean a LOT of posts, that many people hate Mother's Basement. I'm having difficulty understanding why, because I haven't seen anybody provide actual evaluation, except for @Manaban.

-Yeah, he shills, but Youtube doesn't pay as much as a regular 9-5 job. Besides, you can always just SKIP the parts in his videos where he is advertising.

-Geoff has never claimed his opinion is superior than others': when he says stuff like, "I'm the anime pope" he's clearly joking.

-His, "arrogant vibe" is mistaken as confidence. When you make a professional presentation, you're SUPPOSED to sound confident, and secure. Otherwise, you end up sounding like my classmates do in highschool and college when they give out a presentation: low-volume, unconfident, lots of stuttering.

Can someone PLEASE tell me, in a legit way, why people hate Mother's Basement? WITHOUT writing a 10 paragraph essay that uses advanced vocabulary and/or phrases the points in a confusing way?

I use to watch him, but stopped because he'd try to shoehorn the sao is bad meme whenever he could. I mean he even went out of his way to make a video on the why the game in first season of the anime is bad.
Jan 20, 2019 4:36 PM
Mar 2018
he's a libtard and has the very big gay
Jan 20, 2019 8:10 PM

May 2013
I find the situation with his girlfriend hilarious.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jan 20, 2019 8:21 PM

Jan 2015
He's pro censorship and a SJW white knight. Hell he's Crunchyroll's poster boy riding their tongue every chance he gets to get that sweet money and free Crunchyroll membership.

Jan 20, 2019 10:41 PM

Dec 2010
DEVlL said:
He's pro censorship and a SJW white knight. Hell he's Crunchyroll's poster boy riding their tongue every chance he gets to get that sweet money and free Crunchyroll membership.

The person in those videos is just as opinionated as Mother's Basement and going on over an hour long tangent about Mother's Basement' opinion on pirating anime why would anyone bother watching that at all.
Jan 21, 2019 4:11 AM

Oct 2010
kingdommoutenfan said:
DEVlL said:

The person in those videos is just as opinionated as Mother's Basement and going on over an hour long tangent about Mother's Basement' opinion on pirating anime why would anyone bother watching that at all.

Not to mention that the second video is just lying from start to finish. One thing is offering counterpoints, another is making up the points you are countering.

Necro XIII is quite entertaining to watch, but there's a lot of issues with their content. The most basic one, the lack of intellectual honesty, which is kind of serious if you specialize in responding to other videos.
Jan 21, 2019 6:16 AM

Oct 2012
He seems pretty inoffensive in the few videos I've seen by him idk. Hes certainly better than digibro, who just oozes some kind of obnoxious anticharisma every time he speams.

Edit lel internet right wings kids so easily offended another great thread guys
ChromephoneJan 21, 2019 6:20 AM
Jan 21, 2019 6:21 AM

Jan 2019
He might just be the most superficial analyst on anime I've come across on YouTube. His top list videos are also horrendous, his latest example of copying Cinefix's format turns out a shell of Cinefix's content in a shallow attempt to fit every anime in somehow with a vague comment accompanied such as "oh yeh, this did such and such kind of good". Doesn't help his Twitter is a rabbit hole of far left rhetoric so deep he still thinks socialism hasn't been tried yet.
Jan 21, 2019 6:51 AM
Jul 2018
I just don't like how much of a clickbait the titles from many of these anitubers are. Capitalizing buzz words and all of these "why you shouldn't", "you should", "you need", "you must". No sorry, it's "You NEED!"
I instantly lose all motivation and will to watch a video, if its titel and thumbnail are screaming "please, notice me, senpai!"
Jan 21, 2019 8:15 AM
Dec 2017
Is lost pause an anituber? He's my favorite youtuber.
Jan 21, 2019 8:16 AM

Sep 2016
Because he's braindead, like 95% of all anime youtubers.
Jan 21, 2019 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
His fans are stupid. They think if MB said so then it must be correct and proceed to spread some really stupid ideas.

Jan 21, 2019 8:24 AM

May 2009
So I've now watched (while totally not falling asleep) a video or two of his stuff and I've looked at his list of videos and I can say...

He seems like just another youtuber with his own opinions on things, and some clickbaity video titles to attract views.

I see no particular reason to hate him.

Anyhow much of the stuff he makes videos on is recent anime, so much of it is stuff I really don't care to watch, because I haven't watched those series yet myself.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Anime tropes - yay or nay

JoeChip - 6 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
4 minutes ago

» Is it still cool to hate moe? ( 1 2 )

Ahegyao - Mar 25, 2021

85 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
6 minutes ago

» How did the (first 10) anime end up on your favorites list?

JaaShooUhh - 22 minutes ago

1 by Mayahuel »»
12 minutes ago

» Any good anime that are like Grimgar ?

Ventus_S - 7 hours ago

9 by Piromysl »»
21 minutes ago

» If you can't do these two things in live action then you shouldn't be able to do them in anime

Iron_Leopard - Yesterday

37 by Iron_Leopard »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.