Forum Settings
Forums

Do you respect people's opinions of anime ranked in the high thousands?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 31, 2016 2:00 PM

May 2015
katsaroulhs said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Then what's the point of holding that opinion? Not knowing what we think something is arrogance. It means we're on autopilot, not knowing why we do/think what we do/think. That's a little scary.

Are you saying that I should accompany any preference/opinion I have with an explanation? Fuck that.
If you are someone that I would care about, then sure.
Or if you wanted to engage in conversation with me, then again, maybe yeah.

But I am not gonna explain myself every time someone asks "why do you like/dislike this, it is so bad/good.".

Plus, who said I do not know why I like/dislike something? I just don't care enough to explain it to others.

It's not so much about explaining every time - it takes time and energy, after all. It's about having the ability to explain it. I don't have time to discuss every single thought I have, but I do have a general basis for every thought that I can present for others to challenge.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jan 31, 2016 2:01 PM

Jun 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
katsaroulhs said:

Are you saying that I should accompany any preference/opinion I have with an explanation? Fuck that.
If you are someone that I would care about, then sure.
Or if you wanted to engage in conversation with me, then again, maybe yeah.

But I am not gonna explain myself every time someone asks "why do you like/dislike this, it is so bad/good.".

Plus, who said I do not know why I like/dislike something? I just don't care enough to explain it to others.

It's not so much about explaining every time - it takes time and energy, after all. It's about having the ability to explain it. I don't have time to discuss every single thought I have, but I do have a general basis for every thought that I can present for others to challenge.

Well, you know, who doesn't? Even if the explanation is shallow and seems stupid to others, it's there.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 31, 2016 2:42 PM
Jul 2015
I'm too distracted by your bizarre bias against anime that are below rank 1000, when there are literally over 11,000 entries in the anime category, to answer the question. That's kind of obscene.
Jan 31, 2016 3:48 PM

May 2010
I don't give a damn about ranking, I watch whatever seems interesting.
Jan 31, 2016 3:56 PM

Mar 2014
Meh. I'd rather watch a show that looks interesting and build my own opinion about it.
Jan 31, 2016 4:16 PM

Jul 2015
khunter said:
essentially, where does your cut off begin? For me, I stay away from anything ranked over 1000. I won't even consider it. I get wary around 700.

Couldn't even pretend to care about the ranking system when it comes to watching anime.

I kinda pity you if you don't like watching anime ranked over 700.

Anime is purely a subjective taste. Out of the top 10 anime, like 5 of them are Gintama, a show I find quite boring. Hell, think out of the top 10, I only like 2 of the shows. Just because a bunch of people voted something up doesn't mean everyone will like it especially when MAL's system really isn't the best.

Gintama has a small but very vocal, very rabid fanbase. It is easily the least watched series in the top 20 but it's rated so highly because of its rabid fanbase. I had never even heard of the show until someone did a "Anime I'm most looking forwards to in 2015" and they didn't include Gintama so the video was getting flamed hard by Gintama fans. But there it is. By MAL's ranking it's one of the best anime EVAAAAAR. And I got bored after a few episodes and went on to watch something else. Countless sports anime hold top 100 spots because of their generally smaller, more dedicated fanbases who are mostly just there for man meat... and I find most of them just "fine".

K-On is an anime I hear EVERYONE talk about... but then was surprised to find it only rated 685 or so, thought it was would be top 100 EASILY because of how often I see people praising it. Your Lie In April I heard nothing but bad things about... and it's voted 14th or something. Code Geass holds 2 of the top 15 spots and I think it's one of the worst anime I've seen. Angel Beats is an anime I'm struggling to actually finish right now and it's massively popular... but it's cheap melodrama which always does well so of course it is highly rated by some people.

Attack on Titan is highly rated on MAL's system... but I hear more people insult in nowadays than praise it. Same for SAO.

Anime is subjective. Just watching what is ranked highly on some not very accurate scale is kind of creepy to me. It's like, you don't have a personality yourself and are just waiting to be told what to watch.
Jan 31, 2016 5:31 PM

Oct 2014
dlee342 said:
I just watch whatever sounds interesting even if its past the 1000's

This...
CapitalistGod said:
I only look at it after I've watched it because of curiosity. To just see how my thoughts and scores for a series stack up to other people's scores. That's it, that's the only legitimate use of the MAL list.

...and this. Also you'll miss out on some good series if you don't watch anything ranked over 1000.
アル晴レタ日ノ事
魔法以上のユカイが 
限りなく降りそそぐ 不可能じゃないわ
Jan 31, 2016 5:36 PM

Jul 2013
I won't watch anything below a 7 rating.
Jan 31, 2016 5:48 PM

Apr 2014
I've tried to respect what people have to say about anime reviews but lately there's been quite a few anime's that people have been like "oh that's crap don't watch it" and I did anyways cause I had nothing better to do and I realized that after I got 4 or 5 episodes into it I was really enjoying the story line and characters. I believe the biggest fault of people who make reviews is they are 1-2 episode watchers they don't sit through enough of an anime and give it a reasonable chance to change their minds. They start calling it crap before they even get far enough into it to see whether it's worth watching. So no i'll take the thug life of not listening to reviews

Jan 31, 2016 5:50 PM

Aug 2013
Never give up never surrender

I watched everything I can get my hands on.

Except when my hard drive crashed and I cant find a way to get it back T_T
Lost about 5 hard drives with total 2TB at least in last 10 years.
Nah, i dont think sharing anime ratings in signature is cool thing.

Here, stare at this pointless signature instead.
Jan 31, 2016 7:31 PM
Dec 2015
Gotta give everything a chance. I can't stand the idea of missing out on something.
Jan 31, 2016 8:27 PM

May 2013
ThatDarnIrishMan said:
khunter said:
essentially, where does your cut off begin? For me, I stay away from anything ranked over 1000. I won't even consider it. I get wary around 700.

Couldn't even pretend to care about the ranking system when it comes to watching anime.

Anime is purely a subjective taste. Out of the top 10 anime, like 5 of them are Gintama, a show I find quite boring. Hell, think out of the top 10, I only like 2 of the shows. Just because a bunch of people voted something up doesn't mean everyone will like it especially when MAL's system really isn't the best.

Gintama has a small but very vocal, very rabid fanbase. It is easily the least watched series in the top 20 but it's rated so highly because of its rabid fanbase. I had never even heard of the show until someone did a "Anime I'm most looking forwards to in 2015" and they didn't include Gintama so the video was getting flamed hard by Gintama fans. But there it is. By MAL's ranking it's one of the best anime EVAAAAAR. And I got bored after a few episodes and went on to watch something else. Countless sports anime hold top 100 spots because of their generally smaller, more dedicated fanbases who are mostly just there for man meat... and I find most of them just "fine".

K-On is an anime I hear EVERYONE talk about... but then was surprised to find it only rated 685 or so, thought it was would be top 100 EASILY because of how often I see people praising it. Your Lie In April I heard nothing but bad things about... and it's voted 14th or something. Code Geass holds 2 of the top 15 spots and I think it's one of the worst anime I've seen. Angel Beats is an anime I'm struggling to actually finish right now and it's massively popular... but it's cheap melodrama which always does well so of course it is highly rated by some people.

Attack on Titan is highly rated on MAL's system... but I hear more people insult in nowadays than praise it. Same for SAO.

Anime is subjective. Just watching what is ranked highly on some not very accurate scale is kind of creepy to me. It's like, you don't have a personality yourself and are just waiting to be told what to watch.

Anime is subjective pretty much explains why I can view anime the way I do. I don't understand all you people right now. Besides, though while subjectivity influences how we receive something, objectivity still exists, and if you are unable to look outside the box at anything in life, from anime to gender roles, then you lack a sort of 'worldly' outlook.
Jan 31, 2016 8:28 PM

May 2013
PolarKoala said:
I'm too distracted by your bizarre bias against anime that are below rank 1000, when there are literally over 11,000 entries in the anime category, to answer the question. That's kind of obscene.

It's not bizarre to not want to watch anime you think will be shitty. I have also seen anime over 1000, most I did not like. 3 I might have liked but that doesn't mean I don't understand why it's ranked that way in the first place
Jan 31, 2016 8:30 PM

May 2013
GhostOutOfShell said:
It's nonsense to base your pick by popular ratings.

Not at all. Nonsense would be seeing one bad shounen & thinking all shounens are shit.

I simply filter out why I know I will not like, and if it has a fair or average rating, I won't watch the show unless I really really think I might like it & yet that has never happened.
Jan 31, 2016 9:38 PM

Feb 2013
I usually stay away from those, unless a trusted friend/source highly praises it.
Jan 31, 2016 9:59 PM

May 2013
JTricks said:
I usually stay away from those, unless a trusted friend/source highly praises it.

I find myself doing this quite a bit as well.
Jan 31, 2016 10:10 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
khunter said:
essentially, where does your cut off begin?

It doesn't begin anywhere. I don't see the point in having one. There's tons of great show past the 700 rank (not like ranks are worth much anyway).

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jan 31, 2016 10:13 PM

Sep 2015
Sure I guess maybe

*30 character bullshit*
Jan 31, 2016 10:22 PM

Jun 2015
Rankings? Whoever is reading this, if you don't know what's good for ya, YOU HAD BETTER NOT PAY ATTENTION TO RANKINGS!!

Go find what you wanna watch, if an anime like Btooom! can be #942 (last time I checked) then what does that tell you about the rankings? IT AIN'T RELIABLE AND DON'T MEAN SQUAT GADDAMIT!!!

I will say it's a good starting point for knowing what to take serious though. Just don't let it be that you avoid animes that are too far off. Well then, peace!!!! Holla if you wanna chat with me anytime!!!!!!!! ^_^
'Life is full of ups and downs, trials and tribulations, successes and disappointments. Think positive always and never allow disappointments drag you down. Hell! Disappoint anyone and everyone, but never and I repeat, NEVER disappoint yourself'.
Jan 31, 2016 11:08 PM

Sep 2013
Don't care about ranking, and I only get weary of ratings when it's below a 6 and has more than 10k members. Generally, if it interests me, I'll add it to my PTW/PTR list.
Feb 1, 2016 12:32 AM

May 2015
katsaroulhs said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Well, you know, who doesn't? Even if the explanation is shallow and seems stupid to others, it's there.

You'd be surprised at the amount of people who explain their opinion with 'don't tell me what to think', as if such a generic response proves anything. Then again, we're not taught critical thinking.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 1, 2016 3:02 AM

Jul 2015
khunter said:
ThatDarnIrishMan said:

Anime is subjective pretty much explains why I can view anime the way I do. I don't understand all you people right now. Besides, though while subjectivity influences how we receive something, objectivity still exists, and if you are unable to look outside the box at anything in life, from anime to gender roles, then you lack a sort of 'worldly' outlook.

Thanks for defeating your own argument? Try not to sound really deep and intelligent when you aren't since it often bites ya in the arse.

I wasn't sure if you were just a troll or stupid at first because of your silly opinion seeming just too dumb and baity, and... well, your other responses here are all pretty dumb too.

But yeah. Thanks for beating your own point for me, means I didn't have to bother!

Feb 1, 2016 5:48 AM

Jun 2008
dlee342 said:
Pretty much what I think also. I like what I like and I don't have to justify it to anyone.

If you're so worried about numbers and rankings you have bigger issues that need to be addressed.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Feb 1, 2016 5:50 AM
Shattered Angel

Mar 2015
Well, I mean, my favorite of all time is around the 1300s range so I'm open minded to it! I probably wouldn't get nervous about one until 3000s range!
Feb 1, 2016 5:51 AM

Feb 2013
Cristal06 said:
Ranking is based on what majority thinks about a show. Sometimes you might not agree with what majority thinks. An anime can be low-ranked because it deals with things that are not catered to the mainstream audience. It can be for many other reasons than being bad/ boring.
it's not the majority, but rather the majority of watchers

usually for old or obscure shows, an anime can be low ranked because the watchers have low average scores
Feb 1, 2016 6:32 AM

Nov 2013
khunter said:
GhostOutOfShell said:
It's nonsense to base your pick by popular ratings.

Not at all. Nonsense would be seeing one bad shounen & thinking all shounens are shit.

I simply filter out why I know I will not like, and if it has a fair or average rating, I won't watch the show unless I really really think I might like it & yet that has never happened.

Your example is the same way of pointless filtering.
If you think your taste is generic, as in if people like it i most likely like it, than yes, you should filter like that. Tho for that you must first think that most people are too similar to enjoy different things. Also general viewer tend to not be critical.
Most in depth thematic show is ranked in lower part of first thousand here at MAL.

Another thing for your shounen argument, watching shounen is practically impossible, unless you mean just looking at it. Shounen is not a genre of anime, it's supposed to be read and it only means targeted demographic, so if you are not in it it would make sense to avoid it more than just avoiding things that are not popular or has low rates in some website.

Another thing with mal, a popular things are watch by big amount of people who rate in 7 or 8 as average, some old/unpopular/obscure show with lets say 7,50 is most likely hold as better by its viewers that popular show with 8,00 hold by its viewers.
Signature was not removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Tulip & Flower Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2016 9:34 AM

Feb 2010
Eh...I mean ranking definitely does play a role when I choose to watch an anime but it isn't the deciding factor. I do somewhat respect people's opinions of high ranked anime, but I will challenge especially my friends why they like a certain mainstream anime.

For the longest time ALLL my friends were obsessed with SAO, and oh gosh THE HORROR. Not going to start a rant or an argument about how much that show irks me, or how our friendship was on the verge of dying, but when I watched it I could definitely see universal themes that a majority of people could enjoy. I think in several instances, the mainstream animes follow a sort of similar template introducing "an interesting new idea", and while they are entertaining the hype seems to focus on one aspect of the anime...particularly...the plot...especially how the plot is introduced. Some people watch for different content so I completely respect people's opinions since I know that people have different preferences.

Sometimes the themes are overused in my opinion, and aren't executed how I want it to be executed so I will enjoy watching it but not necessarily enjoy it as much as other people might.
Feb 1, 2016 9:42 AM

May 2013
I barely look at that ranking system, tbh I really don't care much. I don't even take my own ratings of shows that seriously, some might say I'm way too liberal with my "10's" but I think I just don't put too much weight behind them. I can rate a show a "10" simply because it's one of my favorites, or I really liked it at the time. Not necessarily saying that it's perfect (well, no anime is) but it's usually a show I really loved & respect. If I really disliked a show I'll probably just give it a random low rating lol. There's no such thing as "objectively" rating and reviewing stuff (reviews by their nature are subjective lol) so I don't really do that either. I barely put thought into my ratings, and as such, I don't quite care about site rankings either. Besides, there are plenty of really great shows, imo, that have low ratings because not enough people have seen them and/or the "right" peopel just haven't seen them. So there's that lol.
Feb 1, 2016 2:04 PM
Feb 2015
I'm a casual pleb that doesn't watch anything rated lower than 7.5, unless it's recommended to me.
Conveniently enough, I have terrible taste since 4 of my top 5 are in the MAL top 10.
Feb 1, 2016 2:26 PM

Sep 2007
MAL scores mean next to nothing to me. I'll take the opinion of a cultivated list of trusted sources over the ratings of a bunch of randoms. Ideally my trusted source would know (but not necessarily share) my preferences and I theirs.

Mostly though it's just people/places that have a good track record of referring me to things I enjoyed. Mixed with a little bit of my own initial impression.
Feb 1, 2016 3:36 PM

May 2013
ThatDarnIrishMan said:
khunter said:

Thanks for defeating your own argument? Try not to sound really deep and intelligent when you aren't since it often bites ya in the arse.

I wasn't sure if you were just a troll or stupid at first because of your silly opinion seeming just too dumb and baity, and... well, your other responses here are all pretty dumb too.

But yeah. Thanks for beating your own point for me, means I didn't have to bother!

There was never any argument to begin with you clown fuck. Like, first off, why be an asshole? Does how I view anime matter to you? Like, just because you're fine with watching fucking 4 & 5's doesn't mean they're good. I was never trying to sound intelligent & I never argued my opinion to anyone, I simply asked how people view anime over 1000. You would be the one in this scenario trying to sound intelligent, when in reality you sound extremely butt hurt for no apparent reason. I'm sorry I indirectly offended your shitty taste of anime, please please forgive me
Feb 1, 2016 3:42 PM

May 2013
GhostOutOfShell said:
khunter said:

If you think your taste is generic, as in if people like it i most likely like it, than yes, you should filter like that. Tho for that you must first think that most people are too similar to enjoy different things. Also general viewer tend to not be critical.
Most in depth thematic show is ranked in lower part of first thousand here at MAL.

Another thing for your shounen argument, watching shounen is practically impossible, unless you mean just looking at it. Shounen is not a genre of anime, it's supposed to be read and it only means targeted demographic, so if you are not in it it would make sense to avoid it more than just avoiding things that are not popular or has low rates in some website.

Another thing with mal, a popular things are watch by big amount of people who rate in 7 or 8 as average, some old/unpopular/obscure show with lets say 7,50 is most likely hold as better by its viewers that popular show with 8,00 hold by its viewers.

I never tried to push my opinion on anyone, so to argue about this just seems so backward to me but since I'm already here

That's fine, but we can still find a healthy average among anime. I mean, should we ignore something we might like based on popular opinion? No, if we might like it.

I won't like SAO, then I try it, & I fucking hate that shit anime. Then there's anime I think I will like, like agame no kill but I end up hating it. I am not suggesting anyone do anything. I can do whatever I want in regards to my own entertainment. As can anyone else.

Still though, if a show or movie or anime is rated, let's say 30%, I'm not watching it. It;s really not that hard of a concept to understand. People just get so uppity as a reaction to what they think as elitism. It's not arrogance, it's preference. The same reason I don't go fuck ugly girls I don;t think are fucking hot. If I can fuck a 8, why would I go pick up a 5?
Feb 1, 2016 3:57 PM

Nov 2013
khunter said:
GhostOutOfShell said:

I never tried to push my opinion on anyone, so to argue about this just seems so backward to me but since I'm already here

That's fine, but we can still find a healthy average among anime. I mean, should we ignore something we might like based on popular opinion? No, if we might like it.

I won't like SAO, then I try it, & I fucking hate that shit anime. Then there's anime I think I will like, like agame no kill but I end up hating it. I am not suggesting anyone do anything. I can do whatever I want in regards to my own entertainment. As can anyone else.

Still though, if a show or movie or anime is rated, let's say 30%, I'm not watching it. It;s really not that hard of a concept to understand. People just get so uppity as a reaction to what they think as elitism. It's not arrogance, it's preference. The same reason I don't go fuck ugly girls I don;t think are fucking hot. If I can fuck a 8, why would I go pick up a 5?

While i understand your point, but first of all it doesn't go well for mal, as for different systems user tend to use, and tendency of high system users to watch mostly popular stuff, which makes ratings all messed up, as i already mentioned.

I mean it's your choice at the end, tho i don't see why some one would influence their choice by ratings, especially mal ratings, you still have tags, review, studio, director, original creator, synopsis, etc. to go by with, and those while take a little more time gives way more insight.
Signature was not removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Tulip & Flower Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2016 4:38 PM

May 2013
GhostOutOfShell said:
khunter said:

While i understand your point, but first of all it doesn't go well for mal, as for different systems user tend to use, and tendency of high system users to watch mostly popular stuff, which makes ratings all messed up, as i already mentioned.

I mean it's your choice at the end, tho i don't see why some one would influence their choice by ratings, especially mal ratings, you still have tags, review, studio, director, original creator, synopsis, etc. to go by with, and those while take a little more time gives way more insight.

I think it comes down to just more than one thing as you say at the end, but any one thing can turn me off. We can say something is highly rated and not like it, and vice versa but we decide what it is good-though we can look at certain anime more objectively good for let's say, art, animation, story etc

if a million people vote on FMA: Brotherhood, and 300,000 give it a 10, 300,000 give a 9, 200,000 give it a 8, 50,000 give it a 7, another 50,000 give it a 6, and 100,000 people rate it 5 or below, there is an average for that though but of course people differ on opinions. If a huge majority likes an anime, I am more inclined to give a try. We are all part of the majority.

Of course, one example of when this becomes untrue is for me with SAO. But an example of when it comes true is me & HXH. Love that anime.

Then of course there are anime low rated that I hated(as I most often do) and a few I like.

I just want to make it clear I don't think my method of doing things is correct-how could it be? I just am particular
Feb 1, 2016 7:07 PM

May 2013
I don't think that MAL ranking is a good reference, so for me it doesn't matter.
I watch what I feel like watching.
Feb 1, 2016 8:17 PM

Nov 2014
I don't see why I wouldn't respect it. Why would popularity or public rankings have anything to do with my respect for someone else's thoughts on Japanese animation. This question is a bit ridiculous to be honest.
Feb 1, 2016 8:24 PM

Aug 2015
Rankings mean nothing to me. I watch whatever I want to watch. However, I don't read anything on the MAL page before going into an anime which has lead to some interesting anime being watched.
Feb 1, 2016 8:26 PM

Aug 2014
It's not that I don't respect them it's just I've found good anime within the top 200 I would say.
Feb 2, 2016 12:17 AM
Jan 2016
I don't care about other people's opinions, but if they act like they know the shit,
i will beat them up ;#
Feb 2, 2016 2:21 AM
Jan 2016
Mmmmm..... popcorn ;)

I respect everyone's opinion. That doesn't mean I agree with them.

Speaking strictly for myself, there are many things in life that I like and enjoy, that if pressed for a reason why I could only answer, "Because I enjoy them." Sure, I can say I like certain pizza toppings because they taste good, but isn't that really the same thing?

Looking at my own list, I've got anime I enjoy that are rated in the 3-5k range. Doesn't bother me at all, any more than knowing that many people don't like anchovies do. Why do I like anchovies? Because I do.

I do think 700 is a strange 'cutoff' point. On a site with well over 10k anime ranked limiting yourself to the top 5% or so seems like a good way to cull all the 'niche' anime out of your consideration and limit yourself to what most consider 'mainstream'. Budweiser may be the most popular beer in America but I'm not going to be calling it good anytime soon.
Feb 2, 2016 3:02 AM

Nov 2009
zombie_pegasus said:
Three of my favourites are ranked outside of the top 1000. There are even some anime ranked below 7.0 (~rank 3300) that I really enjoyed. People who watch more anime tend to be more critical so anime with fewer members are naturally ranked lower because the people rating them give anime lower ratings than the average user. Because of this quality and score do not always correlate.

Among the five shows that I keep as my favorites, only one is ranked in the first 1000. It's Negima Mou Hitotsu no Sekai, the mother of all sequel overratings (only people who have read the manga watch this anime).
And another one (Tsukihime) has a cult of people denying its existence.

Among my 4 really favorite manga, 2 are not in the first 1000, but I'm sure they are awesome.

So yes, I don't trust popular opinion and don't look at ratings when choosing an anime.
Feb 2, 2016 3:12 AM

Oct 2011
If they can justify it, I would watch the show myself and form my own opinion of it.
Feb 2, 2016 4:18 AM

Nov 2009
katsaroulhs said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I see a lot of posts like this and it makes me glad. Opinions need something to back them up.

No, they really don't. Opinions are there. I don't have to explain why I like/dislike something.

What's the point of stating your opinion if you don't back it up with anything? Unless the other person knows you are extremely similar.

shintai88 said:
There is a rank system on Mal?
Really? When did this happen?

Yes, every anime has a rating (based on the average of ratings people have given that anime), a number of people who watched it, and a "rating" that is composed of those two figures and some black magic. "Rating" is a place an anime holds in some kind of contest, but I have no idea what the rules are.
Feb 2, 2016 5:33 AM

Feb 2015
dlee342 said:

same to me. well, i never see the rating...i just choose whatever i want :D
and i always respect others people opinion even though they hate or dislike the show.
Feb 2, 2016 7:44 AM

Dec 2014
It's all subjective. I may leave me a meh impression, but I won't let it effect the way I think before watching it.
Feb 2, 2016 4:39 PM

Jan 2014
MAL ratings are kinda useful for popular TV series and feature films. For everything else, they're a wildly inconsistent crapshoot. So no.

And way too many good short TV anime are rated extremely low by MAL standards, lower than pretty much any full-length TV anime. I mean, Insufficient Direction, Ai Mai Mii, Sushi Police? They're dope, man.
Feb 2, 2016 5:04 PM

Mar 2013
Ever since I join MAL, I have not even look at that list. Why? because I don't care.
Feb 2, 2016 5:57 PM

Jun 2015
Hmph. what if you completed 700 series? and anything ''popular'' what will you do then? only watch seasonal animes?
this will never happen, but there ARE some shows that may be completely your taste in the 2000/3000ish. to be honest the first thing I do is look at the synopsis then at the rating. then I'll decide if it's worth watching.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 2, 2016 8:38 PM

Mar 2014
While watching Concrete Revolutio while it was airing, I learned that the rankings on here are too retarded to follow.
Feb 2, 2016 11:33 PM

Dec 2009
Why does it matter? Seriously I don't get why people are like this. It shouldn't matter what the rank is as long as you are enjoying it.

Just one more thing for me to be confused about . . .

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Anime recommandations for a first-timer

WickedFM - Today

23 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you self-insert? ( 1 2 )

ateks - Sep 7, 2022

75 by FanofAction »»
42 minutes ago

» Old OVAs

JoeChip - Yesterday

32 by Kwanthemaster »»
1 hour ago

» Who is your first and second favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character and why?

Inner_Dragon - Yesterday

14 by Bruh69XD »»
2 hours ago

» Anime and Manga might be the worst medium ever at judging attractiveness.

isseixkoneko - 3 hours ago

8 by FanofAction »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.