Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 1, 2013 1:13 AM

Mar 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Say whaaaat? This chapter left me a bit speechless for a moment... Not what I expected.

Though I'm pretty sure she will still come back... somehow.
Mar 1, 2013 1:31 AM

Dec 2009
Dafuq did I just read?

Medaka: May you be happy forever! Misogi!
Kumagawa: Bye bye, human.

Kumagawa is still the best troll ever.

So Medaka destroyed the moon, seriously? This is so messed up xD Can't wait to know, what will happen in the next chapter. This manga is unpredictable!
yuno6.jpg
Mar 1, 2013 1:45 AM

Aug 2008
Lamest chapter ever. Nisio crossed the point where laughing at cliche becomes cliche itself.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 1, 2013 1:48 AM

Dec 2007
so the moon is gone, the ocean tides are now at the mercy of the sun... and in the end we still die of mass flooding... kinda didn't think of the physics
Mar 1, 2013 1:50 AM

Aug 2010
O__O?!?!

They should just end the series with that XD that would be the best trolling ever hahaha

But really I thought this conclusion was quite shitty.
Mar 1, 2013 2:03 AM

Oct 2007
ok, what in the heck is this bull crap? this manga has been really good since i started, and even then i though it was retarded when iihiko first showed up with his overly overpowered self, but i managed to be cool with it.

BUT THIS TIME THEY HAVE GONE TOO FAR.
they go through all of that crap with Iihiko, and when they finally manage to pull off a miracle victory, the FREAKING MOON starts coming down just a minute later!? come on, give me a break, this is just stupid now.

and how the heck did medaka manage to destroy the moon? they obviously didn't show her doing it because they themselves likely didn't know how the heck she could have pulled it off in a way that was acceptable to readers.

though, i have come too far to stop reading the manga now. but i hope it comes to an end soon so it doesn't put more stains on my image of it. man, i just need to calm down and hope that this manga somehow manages to redeem itself on that moon thing, because after that happened, my soul and love for this series got a huge crack in it.
Mar 1, 2013 2:06 AM

Feb 2008
So they get revived, Medaka uses hax to heal everyone, She then uses hax to destroy an apparent moon trying to crush the earth. And she then disappears.

What the fuck am I reading? It really seems like the ENTIRE chapter was rushed out the anal cavity. Is this supposed to make fun of how main characters sacrifice themselves to stop a certain destruction? (ie, Goku taking Cell and blowing himself up)

Troll chapter incoming!
Mar 1, 2013 2:09 AM

Jan 2011
If this isn't the end i don't even know what to say..lol

here i thought there's nothing left more powerful than Iihiko Bam Trololol Heres the Moon!
Mar 1, 2013 2:14 AM

Feb 2008
shadowmanga said:
ok, what in the heck is this bull crap? this manga has been really good since i started, and even then i though it was retarded when iihiko first showed up with his overly overpowered self, but i managed to be cool with it.

BUT THIS TIME THEY HAVE GONE TOO FAR.
they go through all of that crap with Iihiko, and when they finally manage to pull off a miracle victory, the FREAKING MOON starts coming down just a minute later!? come on, give me a break, this is just stupid now.

Hax. Medaka is God-Tier. That's been made obvious many times before. At this point I'm not concerned about how she destroyed the moon simply because... She's Medaka. She is PURPOSELY OP. So her destroying the moon is really not much of a surprise.

The fact that the moon was coming down was something that was... Ridiculous.
Mar 1, 2013 2:19 AM
Apr 2012
i am specchless but i can tell u this i am so exicted for the next chapter
Mar 1, 2013 2:48 AM

Jan 2011
Surprise surprise Iihiko's damage can now be fixed.
The thing that really got me this chapter was this:
Mar 1, 2013 2:53 AM

Sep 2012
What... What...
Mar 1, 2013 3:11 AM

Apr 2009
This felt really rushed and lame.
Guess it's time to say "Goodbye" to Medaka, this really does look like the manga will end soon.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 1, 2013 3:18 AM

Oct 2012
Medaka's conclusion speech is out of place. What about the romance she was suppose to have, and the marriage promise? A full life ? I don't think so.

my thought: they just want to end the bloody thing. got tired of coming up with psychological battles. maybe out of morals questioning ideas.

P.S. I think they try to fit in romance attribute, but failed and left it in the dust made by all the actions.
Mar 1, 2013 3:45 AM

Feb 2009
-Madara- said:

What the fuck am I reading? It really seems like the ENTIRE chapter was rushed out the anal cavity. Is this supposed to make fun of how main characters sacrifice themselves to stop a certain destruction? (ie, Goku taking Cell and blowing himself up)

Quite obviously as the entire manga is supposed to make fun of the "Shonen Jump'ish" cliché... Loved it, to trash for my heart. <3 But the feeling was kinda VERY rushed.
Mar 1, 2013 5:09 AM

Feb 2012
This chapter sucked.
Mar 1, 2013 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
now i'm seriously fcuking angry
Mar 1, 2013 5:40 AM

Jul 2008
So I guessed right, they couldn't make Iihiko's ability reversible as an "abnormality" (Because no abnormality is reversible once it's user die) so they had to say that it was a "style" in the end, well Iihiko's power being a style actually make more sense now that I think about it.

I am disappointed in that they rushed this chapter. The events were fine, a bit stretched-up but still felt like good old Medaka-box. The pacing was horrible though, they could have done two chapter with that amount of material and it would have been much better.
Mar 1, 2013 5:58 AM

Oct 2012
This chapter forced me to admit that all my predictions are wrong. I smell another arc coming.

As for the chapter itself. It sucked. But it knows it sucked. I can't help but love how this manga gets away with all its mistakes. Nisio Isin, please end this manga anti-climatically. If you can get the entire readership of Medaka Box angry at you, it means it's succeeded.
Mar 1, 2013 6:15 AM

Dec 2012
didnt like it

Ending with Iihiko was the best choice, but they got to throw in the freaking moon of all things. It was rushed and it is predictable
Medaka is gonna come back somehow and live a happy school life. That would be the end.
My rating for this manga is definitely going down a notch.
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online
Mar 1, 2013 6:48 AM

Sep 2010
Haha I love Nisio, "what would be more nonsensical than the Hero who can beat everything even 2 billions of skills? Uhm maybe the moon falling, let's go with that"

Well I just want Anshin'in back, why nobody dies except for her? Fuck it.
And Medaka stop cutting your hair ;-;
HacheKaMar 1, 2013 8:10 AM
Mar 1, 2013 7:19 AM

May 2012
Well..........okay then.
Mar 1, 2013 9:08 AM

Feb 2012
what the flying fack
Mar 1, 2013 9:47 AM

Feb 2012
Ummm i dont know if i'm the only one who is bothered by this but due to the moons gravitational pull it causes tides as i think we all know and without the tides sea life would suffer drastically maybe even die out, then there is the flooding that would happen as the waters leveled out, assuming the ocean currents are partially kept moving by the tides that'd even give a chance for the oceans themselves to go stagnant whch wouldn't be a good thing either way point being if you destroy the moon you shoot the entire planet in the foot just as much as if it hit the planet >.> so in short this chapter bugs me lol & on that note i'll shut up & have fun with my lack of grammar
Mar 1, 2013 9:55 AM

Jul 2009
well it's a very 'medaka box' type of ending.
medaka has to die, as too many people think she always comes back. so, what's the best way to troll them? to kill her.

but i bet she'll come back in some kind of shadow, or like a hint of some sort in the last chapter. an ambiguous lelouche kind of ending.
Mar 1, 2013 9:58 AM

Jul 2008
shinigami013x said:
Ummm i dont know if i'm the only one who is bothered by this but due to the moons gravitational pull it causes tides as i think we all know and without the tides sea life would suffer drastically maybe even die out, then there is the flooding that would happen as the waters leveled out, assuming the ocean currents are partially kept moving by the tides that'd even give a chance for the oceans themselves to go stagnant whch wouldn't be a good thing either way point being if you destroy the moon you shoot the entire planet in the foot just as much as if it hit the planet >.> so in short this chapter bugs me lol & on that note i'll shut up & have fun with my lack of grammar

Dude, are you seriously bringing IRL physic into a manga where a teenager girl goes mach speed and can destroy a school with a few punches?
Mar 1, 2013 1:54 PM
Feb 2012
I read the chapter on my phone first and at that time I already felt sad. Now, reading it in full size again, it's touching as fuck, seeing Medaka say goodbye to Misogi followed by that beautiful collage.

Next chapter please... :(
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 1, 2013 3:28 PM

Nov 2012
Knowing them, this isn't the ending and we'll see what more will come. I'll refrain form judging it until the next few chapters have been released. Perhaps in hindsight, this chapter might be seen as an amazing lead up to what shall follow.
Mar 1, 2013 3:30 PM
Mar 2011
hmmmmm..............................
Mar 1, 2013 4:52 PM

May 2012
lol dunno what to say, speechless
Mar 1, 2013 5:19 PM

Mar 2011
WTF was this...
I was quiet up to this point of the manga. I was quiet when Zenkichi got killed the first time and got revived... I was quiet when he got new magical eyes... I was quiet when Medaka beat *everyone* she fought with random unorthodox methods.But I can't keep quiet anymore! This whole arc made 0 sense whatsoever and then to top it all off a random plot twist of Medaka having to destroy the moon by sacrificing herself? Where the heck was this pulled out of? Wth is she superman or something? I was speechless after reading this chapter ESPECIALLY when she says she brought everyone back to life with a straight face. What was the whole point of this arc? Wth is this crap!

This manga should have ended when Zenkichi proposed -_-
[Input amazing signature]
Jelly?
Mar 1, 2013 5:20 PM

Jan 2013
I think Medaka just erased the moon with all-fiction...still this chapter could have been better.
Mar 1, 2013 8:00 PM

Dec 2009
This chapter started pretty well, than the moon issue came...and than the ending...WTF lol

It felt rushed, hopefully it doesn't just end like that. I find this manga to be really unique for a shounen. I really enjoy reading it. But than again this is JUMP, all its manga tend to have rushed and crappy endings. *cough*Katekyo Hitman Reborn*cough* Hopefully it will clarified more next chapter.
Mar 1, 2013 9:47 PM

Dec 2011
Man, what is with this development
Mar 1, 2013 10:06 PM

Jun 2007
i have this very slight feeling that the chapter is one of those "haha, this is never going to happen, but just to troll, i'll put this out before the real story"

that. or it sucked. and it doesn't deserve a continuation. out of all the thought put in so far for the puns and language barriered jokes and connections, this takes the cake on the "what is the most code geass-like decision to throw in a plot twist"
Mar 2, 2013 3:59 AM

Apr 2009
WTF

Some userbars:

My Badges:
Mar 2, 2013 8:11 AM

Nov 2012
I think it would have make more sense if shiranui would have been the one saying goodbay to medaka instead of misogi, after all this whole arc was about getting shiranui back and for medaka to become her friend. On the other hand, the whole moon destruction thing, WTF.... really.
Mar 3, 2013 10:50 AM

Jun 2008
Antanaru said:
Lamest chapter ever. Nisio crossed the point where laughing at cliche becomes cliche itself.

I agree. We also know this manga can be absurd as hell but there is point where it becomes too ridiculous to enjoy and this is what we have here with the moon suddenly falling and disappearing with the main character in one chapter that still was finishing another matter.
I feel the mangaka started losing the ball with all the craziness he seeked to create and it was kind of unavoidable really because when you go too long and with an absurd manga like this that has no regard to 4th walls the result will be that you will overstep the limits of tolerance to what can be crazy and enjoyable at the same time.
Mar 3, 2013 5:41 PM
Jul 2012
Mar 3, 2013 6:24 PM

Nov 2012
Probably not important, but the translation got the younger brother thing wrong. She actually said older brother, that's why kumagawa replies, that she already has an older brother.
I doubt she is dead, but what I really wonder is which graduation ceremony is it.
If it is Kumagawa, I wonder if she actually is going to ask for his second botton, but since he said bye and not see you later in this chapter, it may open the posibilty that it might be zenichi's graduation and maybe they get married since that was the plan before the shiranui's arc.
Mar 4, 2013 2:16 AM

Dec 2010
Scheherazade1007 said:
shinigami013x said:

Dude, are you seriously bringing IRL physic into a manga where a teenager girl goes mach speed and can destroy a school with a few punches?

he does have a point. I mean look at all the abnormals defying the laws of physics
Mar 5, 2013 11:45 AM

Jan 2013
Good news cxc scans just posted on their twitter that the manga end has been averted I'm so happy now :D
Mar 5, 2013 11:54 AM

Jun 2008
Kumagawareborn said:
Good news cxc scans just posted on their twitter that the manga end has been averted I'm so happy now :D

Huh? O_o
Who said it was ending anyway? It wasn't gonna end.
Mar 5, 2013 12:46 PM

Sep 2009
what the fu*k did I just read? :))))

if this isn't the end, who will the next villain be....Superman?
Mar 5, 2013 1:51 PM

Jan 2013
Inarius said:

Not just superman but with the way this manga goes it is probably going to end up being the sun coming to get revenge for its comrade
Mar 6, 2013 4:05 AM

Dec 2012
Kumagawareborn said:
Inarius said:

Not just superman but with the way this manga goes it is probably going to end up being the sun coming to get revenge for its comrade

ROFL xD

People will you relax please let's see where this is heading.
Nisio is not an idiot he probably have something behind all of this randomness.
Mar 6, 2013 8:46 PM
Feb 2012
I'm good with how Ihiko thing ended but not sure what's up with this moon thing LOL....guess we'll get some explanation next chapter? No doubt she'll be back....we'll get arc for bringing Medaka back or something if she don't reappear out of the blue~

Kumagawareborn said:

LOL!
Mar 6, 2013 9:29 PM
Mar 2009
I'm not even mad. Just...really confused.

"Yay, everybody's alive!"
"What? The moon is going to crash into the Earth?!?"

Like, what the actual fuck. That felt sooooo out of place. Then Medaka, who should not even be back at full power yet mind you, becomes the savior of humanity.

And then time skip to the graduation ceremony. Lolwut.

Nisio, what you doing? This chapter completely trolled me.

"Bye bye, human."
Mar 6, 2013 10:23 PM

Dec 2012

Made it myself D;
Jan 28, 2014 7:54 PM

Aug 2013
*Reads the new chapter up until the last page*
"Hmm, so they are diving right into some new arc about the moon"
*Reads the last page*
"Uh, wat"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 102 Discussion

Inarius - Jun 24, 2011

4 by mazuchi »»
Jul 10, 2023 1:27 PM

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 117 Discussion

RawElements - Oct 13, 2011

29 by Cam1922 »»
Mar 13, 2023 10:16 AM

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 19 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Sep 19, 2009

16 by Cam1922 »»
Mar 10, 2023 5:47 AM

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 57 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Aug 25, 2010

13 by Gameboy_Matthew »»
Oct 29, 2022 7:37 AM

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 125 Discussion

Inarius - Dec 3, 2011

18 by vbzre »»
Aug 27, 2022 4:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.