Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Space Brothers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 27, 2012 9:05 PM
Mar 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
nothing special happened.

seems like theyre dragging everything now
"....i am the villain in this story"
Oct 27, 2012 9:18 PM

Nov 2008
I actually loved this episode. It made me want to be there : )

Is it weird that I wanted to cry a little...maybe I'm just too sentimental.

Anyways, I was really excited for Hibito and a little sad for Mutta, but hopefully he'll get to become an astronaut and got to Mars : )
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Oct 27, 2012 9:27 PM

Jul 2010
amginex said:

yeah hibito launching off into space is nothing special AT ALL
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Oct 27, 2012 9:54 PM

Jul 2011
Nope, wasn't special at all. But my heart was still pounding a little. :3

Suspicious old man... XD

Mutta's expression at the end was awesome. Subtle, but awesome.

Then the ending played. <3
Oct 27, 2012 10:43 PM

Mar 2012
amginex said:

Are you kidding me? Nothing special happened? Fukin liftoff man...
Fuking liftoff

SephiriAzure said:

Well maybe i m also too sentimental.
Oct 27, 2012 10:44 PM

Jan 2009
Dennoucoil said:
amginex said:

Are you kidding me? Nothing special happened? Fukin liftoff man...
Fuking liftoff

SephiriAzure said:

Well maybe i m also too sentimental.

The liftoff is nothing special, everyone did know that it was going to happen.
Oct 27, 2012 11:34 PM

Apr 2008
amginex said:

What? Oh come on the ENTIRE show has focused on the two getting to space and when one of them does you say it's NOTHING SPECIAL? Yes it was expected that he'd takeoff but would you prefer they just narrowed down the liftoff to a half of the episode and just moved on? It would have been a waste of an opportunity for emotional moments in my opinion.
Oct 27, 2012 11:41 PM
Mar 2011
i ranked this show a 10 but i stand with what i posted. the lift off even isnt done yet. hibito still have to go to the space station before going to the moon. how many episodes will that take? this show is starting to drag or at least this episode is
"....i am the villain in this story"
Oct 28, 2012 3:21 AM
Oct 2011
Vittor said:
The liftoff is nothing special, everyone did know that it was going to happen.
Pretty predictable, isn't it?

amginex said:
i ranked this show a 10 but i stand with what i posted. the lift off even isnt done yet. hibito still have to go to the space station before going to the moon. how many episodes will that take? this show is starting to drag or at least this episode is
I thought someone would say that, and it happened to be you, the first post lol. This show isn't really about looking forward to future events and wanting the plot to move fast, it's a show to watch while sitting back and relaxing, it's always been this way, though I agree this episode dragged a bit, but I still found it perfect for a show like this, this event is one of the most anticipated events so it's supposed to drag a bit.

--

Another great episode, the first couple of minutes were hilarious, the director is awesome as always, the crocodile joke and the way he said it was hilarious.
Oct 28, 2012 4:04 AM
Mar 2012
a wonderful episode...the liftoff was breathtaking and i couldn't hold back my grin the whole time out of sheer feeling of awe....props to the animation team for being able to adapt the manga so well....that 'deneil' grandpa also looked like a fun person, i hope he is gonna have a continuous role in future episodes...

seriously, this is like one of a rarity of anime series which i don't mind having slow pacing....since it's much better delivered that way....
Oct 28, 2012 4:16 AM

May 2010
pace is slow? of course. now we know how long a liftoff preparation is, hahaha.
i'm loving apo even more. he's so cute and hilarious.
i thought the cut at the end of episode was nicely done.
Oct 28, 2012 4:40 AM

May 2008
Im learning alot about the launch . This episode was a little meh but at the end it was pretty amazing love the liftoff

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 28, 2012 5:10 AM

Oct 2011
Mutta's Beautiful Mind in action!
But Rolax watch is serious business
not to mention crocodiles

I loved how they've shown launch scene :)
Oct 28, 2012 7:34 AM

Sep 2010
30 episodes in and people still don't get the pace .... If you don't expect it to go any where, then you can't think of it as dragging. Just enjoy the show for what it is, don't worry where the story is going.
OomyungOct 28, 2012 7:38 AM
Oct 28, 2012 9:23 AM

Oct 2010
So epic :D
Oct 28, 2012 12:25 PM

Apr 2011
Crocodile, Rolax, Masa and liftoff - cooool :D
Oct 28, 2012 1:17 PM

Apr 2008
The liftoff is still damn special even though we knew it was going to happen.
WTF did you guys who thought it wasn't special expecting?! Did you expect it to blow up instead?
This isn't that kind of an anime.

I was very excited at the end of this ep, becaus it's so damn awesome to see Hibito do the things he's been dreaming about, and watch Mutta being so proud.

Oct 28, 2012 2:32 PM

May 2012
Mutta's mother is really funny.. anyway, nice episode esp the end..
Oct 28, 2012 3:01 PM

Jul 2009
Des said:
WTF did you guys who thought it wasn't special expecting?! Did you expect it to blow up instead?
This isn't that kind of an anime.
Well, it would certainly become much, much more serious in an instant if that had happened but still I couldn't help but wonder whether exactly that would be the case until the very last second.

Certainly, "nothing special" happened for 21 minutes, but this show never was about great happenings and what came in 2 minutes after 21:00 was definitely more epicness than many other anime ever will see in countless episodes...
Oct 28, 2012 10:06 PM

Feb 2010
Liftoff!! <3 <3 go Hibito go!
Oct 28, 2012 11:06 PM

Sep 2011
5/5
Great episode I agree that nothing much happened during the episode..
That liftoff was very emotional :,) and I wanna see what Hibito does on the moon ..
Oct 28, 2012 11:56 PM

Apr 2009
I was really hoping the rocket would blow up and kill Hibito, or something.

That would have really made things interesting.

Also why was the rocket called Mars 1 when they're going to the moon? Did I miss something, or was anyone else confused by that?
Oct 29, 2012 12:48 AM

Nov 2011
I've never been a big fan of A-1 but they did the liftoff very well.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 29, 2012 1:10 AM

Feb 2012
There he goes~

Go follow him quickly, Mutta :D
Oct 29, 2012 11:24 PM

Aug 2010
Loved the slow pace, loved the liftoff.

Honestly, I wish they could've added like 30 more seconds of just the rocket just taking off with Mutta watching! Love this anime

Oct 30, 2012 12:53 AM

Sep 2008
Why do I get this sneaking suspicion Hibito is gonna die?

Also as a Citizen off Florida, I'm deeply annoyed no one could take 5 seconds out of their day to do a Google search to find out Florida Doesn't have any Crocodiles. (well we do have crocodiles by they aren't indigenous and your chances of running into one is extremely rare)

We have Alligators.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 30, 2012 3:14 AM

Nov 2011
Jigero said:

I doubt it, one of their goals was to "avenge" the jay brothers by being the first bros. together in space.(Since they couldn't do it because Brian Jay died.) Killing off Hibito at this point probably wouldn't be for the best. D:
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Nov 1, 2012 7:04 PM
Apr 2011
In my opinion, the purpose behind the buildup is (probably) simply to reflect the feelings of the family and loved ones of Hibito and the astronauts. Even if space flight isn't dangerous, it still isn't "safe", at least it doesn't feel safe. It is a singular event.

I doubt they would kill of Hibito. Instead the show simply goes with the flow, conveying appropriate emotions to the viewers depending on the story. ^^
Nov 1, 2012 11:53 PM

Oct 2012
Jigero said:

Also as a Citizen off Florida, I'm deeply annoyed no one could take 5 seconds out of their day to do a Google search to find out Florida Doesn't have any Crocodiles. (well we do have crocodiles by they aren't indigenous and your chances of running into one is extremely rare)

We have Alligators.

I think that was the joke....
Nov 2, 2012 3:50 PM

Jul 2012
Liftoff :)
Nov 2, 2012 3:52 PM

Jun 2007
Jigero said:

Because a scene pretty much implying he's dead is in the live action trailer plus manga readers have claimed it'll happen - albeit without ever posting any chapter number or pages. So it's still up in the air.
Nov 2, 2012 8:06 PM

Oct 2011
I was laughing at Mutta for being an idiot....then it happened ..the liftoff ,i got emotional Q-Q ,I did not expect to be so emotional
Nov 2, 2012 11:10 PM
Sep 2011
Hoping for some shit to go down next episode. Something on the scale of the rocket blowing up, because, lets face it, it would make for a good twist and open up countless potential story development options.
Nov 3, 2012 2:39 AM

Oct 2011
I honestly think that the anime will receive much better feedback if the brothers were to go to space together (as they had wanted since childhood), rather than Hibito dying now and due to some random and cliched rocket explosion. :P
Nov 4, 2012 11:59 PM

Mar 2008
the episode is really interesting ... I learned alot about space because of this show ..
Nov 5, 2012 5:07 AM

Feb 2012
I love the attention to detail this series had. I really enjoyed seeing the astronauts get their final adjustments to their suits and then get strapped in.
Nov 7, 2012 10:08 AM

Nov 2008
Apo = aho. God, never was a dog so stupid and sweet at the same time.
Nov 16, 2012 6:25 PM

Aug 2008
I finally found the time to resume Uchuu Kyoudai!
Doki doki doki!
I don't think I'll get more exicted by a liftoff in real life than with Uchuu Kyoudai! XD
Nov 18, 2012 12:03 PM

Jan 2011
Danielcook said:
Jigero said:

We have Alligators.

I think that was the joke....

Now that you mention it, this show is certainly smart enough to troll with which seem to be mistakes, it happened quite a few times already so it's probably another joke directed at the western world in general. It's been nice watching this after a while, but although that laugh was really epic, I wished they animated the launch itself, I think they don't have the budget to have done that.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 23, 2012 9:22 AM

Sep 2008
The pacing is amazing. People don't get it, but this is how people feel when they see their relative being launched in a rocket. People are excited just by watching the hours go by because of how monumental this moment is. Space brothers wants to capture that feeling and tell it to everyone and they did it so perfectly. It may not be what people want, but it is the truth.
Nov 28, 2012 10:39 AM

Apr 2011
Oh my god. The feels during this episode.
Mar 27, 2013 12:35 PM
Aug 2011
amginex said:

For fucks sake people, learn to have patience.

Mutta was like a kidnapped child for a while there with that sketchy old guy. ROLAX up in there lol.

That last bit when the rocket launches and Mutta is looking up at it, then silence pans till the end was brilliant.
I felt it.
Jul 11, 2013 4:51 AM

Jan 2012
LIFTOFF >_<
Aug 16, 2013 12:15 PM

Feb 2011
Just beautiful.
Oct 14, 2013 6:49 PM
Jan 2013
The last couple of episodes have really dragged, but this one, at least the last half, was paced very well. The countdown made the pace of the blockhouse waiting make perfect sense.
That said, I hope it starts moving again like it did before and during the second exam.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Nov 18, 2013 5:16 AM
Oct 2012
One more time, 5/5 :)
Feb 20, 2014 3:14 PM

Jul 2012
Idk why people are saying that it's nothing special, I loved the liftoff! Hibito dreamt of going into space his entire life, and it's finally becoming reality. Then his brother finally puts down his jealousy wall and genuinely admires Hibito for what he has accomplished. The look in Mutta's eyes really showed that also. I think that's pretty awesome :)
Jul 24, 2014 5:22 PM

Nov 2011
Ah an entire episode of tension. Finally the liftoff :D

I wish they got a better shot of that rocket into the sky though. We'll probably see it next time with better details. Grats Hibito.
Aug 18, 2014 11:42 PM

Nov 2011
Ragix said:
Jigero said:

I doubt it, one of their goals was to "avenge" the jay brothers by being the first bros. together in space.(Since they couldn't do it because Brian Jay died.) Killing off Hibito at this point probably wouldn't be for the best. D:

That could actually be foreshadowing to Hibito's potential death. I really hope I'm wrong, though. x.x

Congrats to Hibito. Thirty episodes in, and we finally have liftoff.
Sep 22, 2014 5:00 PM

Nov 2010
One of the most exciting and beautiful countdowns I've seen
It even applies to New Years and other events

Great to see Deneil Young appearing
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Sequel update

excalibur977436 - May 4

4 by Cayusashi »»
May 5, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Allografter - Mar 22, 2014

152 by valoon »»
Apr 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rinji- - Aug 10, 2013

63 by ohmmoto »»
Jan 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 28 Discussion

MissileSoup - Oct 13, 2012

48 by bankredmeadow »»
Jan 22, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kurini - Feb 2, 2013

150 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 22, 7:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.