Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 24, 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
Fubuki is not just talented but also an intelligent strategist. However, these kids were going up against characters that towers over them in size.

On another note, some of the adults in this show are merciless. Seeing some of the background storytelling is tragic. I like how they used unique art style to highlight the more important scenes in this show. Tokiyuki also made his resolve.
Aug 24, 7:58 AM

Dec 2021
Knowing the author, this new technique'll be like an ace in the hole, just like Nagisa’s thing in Ansatsu. That's besides the point though, because damn, I ain't expect for us to just jump right into the action. I thought we would have more setup knowing this show, but I guess they just integrated it into the beginning of the fight, which I much rather prefer.

Animation was looking good, until the general dude started moving..?? Dude just turned to CGI for half his shots lol. Probably because of his big ass armor or something, I would assume. Speaking of dude though, a more lamer villain than the others we had up until now. Literal definition of being evil to be evil.

Aug 24, 9:32 AM

Feb 2019
Mainly a set up episode for what should be some good fights next week. Fubuki aura is insane. The dude is OP, charismatic and can teach swordsmanship. He might be the best recruitment Tokiyuki has made so far.

If there was any doubt, Shokan is a pure evil irredeemable piece of shit who needs to die. The buddha strike is too much of a good end for him. I need him to suffer in that fight next week. Handling with compassion is good and all, but he needs a cut with hatred lmao. Getting joy from killing their parents and selling kids off into slavery holy fuck man Ashikaga’s men are all just demons. Japan is screwed if they really get full control

Can’t wait for next episode, Tokiyuki looked so good today too!
Marinate1016Aug 24, 9:58 AM
Aug 24, 9:38 AM

Jul 2024
Really disappointed in the fights, for what was suppose to be an action episode. Way too much talk, don't show.
Aug 24, 9:44 AM
Oct 2020
Ok lets see how Tokiyuki or I guess Chojumaru beats this evil POS.

Fubuki is like an SSR or Uber rare character. He can teach, fight, and strategize. His only con if it is one is that he eats like Luffy. Basically a pretty OP character though he'll drain your food supplies.

also the strongest isn't the ant leader guy but this guy?
RexnihiloAug 24, 9:49 AM
Aug 24, 9:56 AM

Mar 2021
Really looking forward to seeing Tokiyuki Defeat that evil Shokan that guy absolutely deserves no mercy.
Aug 24, 10:07 AM

Jan 2016
compassionate homicide
Basically countered master tactician by knowing their likely plans and how they would try to counter. They are in a really good position now as don't have many distractions and can focus on the big dogs. Hopefully they show us what happened, want to see this fighting style with no place to run. My brain keeps imagining like a running away pull slice but feels weird.
4/5, my curiosity on what happened is killing me

Aug 24, 10:08 AM

Aug 2011
DAMN! The quality of the episodes are going up once again! Love how they put the perspectives and the freaking Takaoka-knock off is amazingly creepy. Daaaaamn! Next episode with be soooo gooooooood x3
Life is too short for looking at the past. Enjoy your 'now' and just prepare a bit for the future~
Aug 24, 10:10 AM

Aug 2011
Reply to joemaamah
Really disappointed in the fights, for what was suppose to be an action episode. Way too much talk, don't show.
@joemaamah The fights are mid. Maybe they will be much better in the next episode? Otherwise, there will be so much more in the next season, since it will be war most of that season.
Life is too short for looking at the past. Enjoy your 'now' and just prepare a bit for the future~
Aug 24, 10:13 AM
Oct 2016
The elusive warriors leading their enemies into a trap! We saw last episode them convening with Fubuki to establish this plan of trapping these crazy scoundrels in the village. They know this place is a strategic place of advantage so Shokan and the other psychos are descending onto the village. Luckily the elusive warriors plans goes great at the start, luring them to certain spots where ambushes are waiting. Calling on a few soldiers from the shrine to help with the attacks was a good call. They did nicely with their archers slimming down the scoundrels numbers. Shokan is very smart picking up on what the strategies are, he could easily tell why the archers were up hill and knew to keep pressing forward regardless. This episode looked great just like all the others before it. Mixing in the CG very nicely and allowing that method to show some unique shots of the characters. Kojirou and Ayako taking on Shokan was almost a disaster, they're very out matched against him. Shokan seeing children only for their monetary value is sick and twisted. Thankfully they followed the plan and lead Shokan away. Right into the trap that Tokiyuki was waiting on. Putting a big guy like him in a house was smart so he would he confined but Shokan has too much experience with indoor attacks for that. Tokiyuki using his elusive abilities to his advantage once again dodging until he could strike!
Aug 24, 10:15 AM

Oct 2017
Production quality dropped and more cg usage, not that it was bad but not on par with earlier episodes but then again this wasn't an action packed episode and rather a setup for the fights with the matchups now done and the real fight begining. Hyped for Tokiyuki's new stance. Was offscreened this episode but we got a glimpse of it.
Aug 24, 10:49 AM

Jun 2020
Excellent episode. Fubuki's Strategy and the execution by the retainers were awesome. Amped up for enthralling action in the upcoming episode.
Aug 24, 12:06 PM

Oct 2021
It seems like Tokiyuki's going to literally kill this psycho ant guy with kindness. Or at least I hope so. I'm curious about the "Demon-heart Buddha Blade" now, that's one badass technique name.

Fubuki's such a great teacher and strategist, everything is all according to his keikaku (T/N: plan).
Aug 24, 12:46 PM
Jul 2024
Kill this greedy psychopath yesterday! And won't cutting the tendons in one of their legs slow them down as slaves/workers? What's wrong with this twisted nut job?!
Aug 24, 1:05 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Tokiyuki drew first blood by wounding the greedy Shokan and I did not mind the use of CGI in this episode.
Aug 24, 2:02 PM
Dec 2013
Still frames. Still frames. Still frames.
Aug 24, 3:17 PM

Jan 2012
I'm really liking the use of CGI in this anime. Using it on the villains gives them that kind of "off" look. The inhuman and uncanny movements are used very well imo.

Aug 24, 3:26 PM

Apr 2008
Impressive, Choji went for his wrist, probably cut the tendons that'll prevent him from wielding a sword. If he doesn't want to bleed out and die, he'll have to retreat. It's a compassionate way of killing if he decides to continue down the path of a warrior and not leave the battlefield. Otherwise, he could survive and live a life of nonviolence.
Aug 24, 3:26 PM

Jan 2009
damn cliffhanger what is the new sword technique of our main character
Aug 24, 4:27 PM

May 2019
While I understood the backup plan that Fubuki made for Tokiyuki I'm not completely sure what the current plan is other than it seems to be where Tokiyuki uses smaller hits against Shokan to wear him down while continuously dodging his attacks. If that's the case it sounds like a great plan as Tokiyuki should have more stamina and still has the backup plan if Shokan wises up and gets a hit in or something.
Aug 24, 6:04 PM
Jul 2024
Fubuki is really helping me like this show.
Aug 24, 6:25 PM

Apr 2022
dude with the france flag on his face was really creaming at his boss being smart bru what. and the visuals were, yikes. but i liked the ost during the game of tag talk.
Aug 24, 9:50 PM
May 2024
The use of CGI wasn't that bad, right?

Did the production drop a bit? Yes, but it's still good.

Tokiyuki finally fighting for real instead of just running away! Looking forward to the next episode, it will be a high level fight sequence, I hope!
Aug 24, 10:16 PM
Oct 2019
Damn i swear the episode flew by like 5 minutes, i was waiting for their fight and the episode is already over
Aug 24, 10:55 PM

Jul 2012
Is this show Cloverworks' side bitch? Normally it looks ok but when it looks bad it looks BAD. CG for normal people walking?
We just had Windbreaker last season that wasn't nearly this crusty. Only other example I can think of was S1 of Spy x Family where there were some ugly scenes with CG background characters.
Aug 24, 11:52 PM

Apr 2021
Man, if the little lord told me "do you have a minute to spare?" whilst looking at me like that, I would have immediately taken him into the next room and plapped his holes for the next few hours. Not gay btw.
Aug 25, 1:47 AM
Jan 2022
shokan is a menace to society man like he takes pleasure form kill parents and sealing kids so they can have a miserable life that's messed up... andthe real Buddha is that psycho...
Aug 25, 1:52 AM
Jan 2020
Yeah they're being too ambitious
Aug 25, 2:28 AM
Dec 2017
I wonder how did they do the first cuts of the episode (village overview shots) - those weren't just zooms, CG with filter or just lots of drawings?
Aug 25, 2:28 AM

Jul 2017
Being the tactician that he is, Fubuki is strong himself, which Tokiyuki just wants to test his elusiveness against, but couldn't muster the ability to. And there is one such technique for him: the Demon-heart Buddha Blade, that he can face against Shokan on a one-to-one.

Shokan knows that they're in the line of fire against a lesser army, but Fubuki's strategy of laying traps and having men from Suwa also helps their numbers somewhat. The children are the final line of defense against a formidable enemy, as well as a laid out strategy with him facing Tokiyuki with the technique he'd learnt from the master tactician.

A child against an adult, Shokan thinks that it's a joke trapping him, though his psychology still retains the insanity of his vigour, starting the one-on-one war tag. Still, this plan is a two-prong affair with the main and backup plan to lace the small house with fire, though it all depends on Tokiyuki to do the technique right.

Tokiyuki making strides to improve his swordmanship, nice.
Aug 25, 8:05 AM
Mar 2018
This episode was gripping from start to finish! I loved every moment; the action and visuals were particularly on point.
Aug 25, 9:55 AM
Apr 2019
It seems the episode was well received, but it would be a shame if the reason for this was the absence of Yorishige. Because he's an integral part of this show.

It's an interesting type of cliffhanger: Neither "Did he win? Did he lose?" nor "Survived? Perished?" but rather, "How did he do it?" becomes the focus.

- Fubuki: "I thought no one could perform it on purpose."
- "But I'm sure Tokiyuki will be able to master it soon."
- It can only be used in a one-on-one duel.
- The gentle Tokiyuki is better at parrying than attacking.
- Tokiyuki, who is good at running away, is now trapped in a corner of the room where there is no escape. To prevent the blade sticks in the wall, Shokan is swinging his sword from directly above the head of short Tokiyuki.
- With a touch that never slips, like a Buddha who salvages a soul.

A certain, determined maneuver comes to my mind. But what I have heard was... 🙏

Were you aware of that there were three moments of weird voice echoing "少年: shounen" (boy) overlapping the dialogue when Shokan was talking and evaluated Tokiyuki's identity?
The novel and destructive nightmarish artwork depicting children being kept alive with despair was also extremely scary.

Please keep in mind the name of a samurai "楠殿: Kusunoki dono" (Lord Kusunoki), whom Shoukan metaphorically mentioned when praising Tokiyuki's strategic wits (brought by Fubuki, actually). Still just a yet-to-be-appeared one, he will be one of the most important figure in the forthcoming episodes.
aReviewerAug 26, 6:10 PM
Aug 25, 10:01 AM

Nov 2013
I'm loving how bizarre characters are.
Aug 25, 10:07 AM
Apr 2019
@Sondfer
The scenery would have been made of very simple 3D geometry with artistic hand-drawn texture maps on them.

@ryzxgum
Holy smart! I missed thinking of the tricolor flag pattern!! 🇫🇷

The character written on that villain's forehead was '仏' (chronologically speaking, it is correct to be written '佛', but it is an outdated-style character, so readers of shonen manga do not learn it in school). It means 'Buddha'.

At the end of the 19th century, Japan encountered Western modernized civilizations, and wrote the pronunciation of the country name 'France' as '佛蘭西: Fu-Ran-Su'. Even today, there is a custom of expressing 'France' with the same single character '仏', for short. It is just a transcription of the pronunciation and, of course, has nothing to do with Buddhism.

A word similar in pronunciation to "France/franc" was chosen for that scum's name, "腐乱: Furan" (rotting).
Does anyone out there remember "Zombieland Saga"? In the anime series about zombies who aspire to be idols, the name of the main characters' idol group was 'Franchouchou'. This kawaii name was designed to evoke the Japanese word '腐乱臭: Furan-shuu' for 'rotting smells'.

I have been carelessly seeing that it was just a bizarre fashion among the outcasts. With no doubt, the manga author painted the face of the villain with the two connotations of '仏' .

Keep it a secret from the French, okay?🤫🤐
aReviewerAug 25, 6:20 PM
Aug 25, 2:28 PM

May 2021
Fubuki's aura is really insane. Probably my favourite character, tied with Takauji.

Aug 25, 4:02 PM
Apr 2020
i like the way that the villains are characterized with strange abnormal features, sadamune has huge bulging eyes, tokiyuki's uncle had a demonic facial expression and shokan has ants crawling all around them . it makes me think that this is how they actually would look from a child's perspective
Aug 26, 3:30 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to Sheol01
Kill this greedy psychopath yesterday! And won't cutting the tendons in one of their legs slow them down as slaves/workers? What's wrong with this twisted nut job?!
@Sheol01

No cutting their tendons will make it hard for them to run away but will be fine for most slave work other than hard labor.
Aug 26, 5:18 AM
May 2021
I like the progression of the story(good pacing) and finally a show with irredeemable villain's with no sad backstory that are still interesting and fun to watch. Fubuki also a great character that adds to the show. Animation was inconsistent this ep but overall was still good.
Aug 26, 4:29 PM

Oct 2022
This shounen is so ridiculously cliche and dumb. I mean this show.
If the main characters weren't so beautifully designed and animated I would've dropped this by now. It has the brains of a 4 year old. It's so immature the violence just comes off as comical. but look what you're laughing at- and it's insanely cruel.
Aug 27, 9:58 AM

Jul 2023
It's a great episode, hinting at the second person he'll kill.

I love the well laid plan that he came up with.
Aug 28, 2:13 AM

Aug 2019
Shokan also has a terrifying face and I can't stop staring at those ants.
Aug 28, 10:07 AM
Dec 2020
the guy with the french facepaint has a positively trixie mattel laugh
Aug 28, 1:13 PM
Oct 2022
I can say this is my favourite anime from this season. Exceptionally animation, a lot of Japanese history (samurai, fighters, hotoke engraved on one’s forehead), characters and story. Also, the ending theme is the best and vibrant, I love it!

The real battle has begun! Tokiyuki and Shokan are fighting hard, but I know Tokiyuki’s skills will pay off and he will not end up as a slave. His friends are showing much help. Shokan is so evil, I hope they will defeat him and his party.
Aug 30, 6:24 PM
Apr 2021
Great episode as usually can’t wait to see how Tokiyuki overcomes to obstacle and defeats this dude🤩🤩🔥🔥

Seen lots of ppl complaining about the CGI and hey it was only used for a couple of seconds total throughout this entire episode it wasn’t even bad imo

I’ll admit tho the villain characters in this show all have such unhinged faces and expressions and personalities that I’m always intrigued as to what the next villain introduced is gonna be like bc these niggas he looking CRAZY😭
Aug 31, 12:28 AM

Jun 2024
Fubuki has a great strategy to deal with this situation.
Now to see if Tokiyuki can use that technique to defeat this formidable foe.

I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A
Aug 31, 10:29 AM
Sep 2021
Tokiyuki is doing well thanks to Fubuki's tactics & his training. This is getting interesting.
Sep 3, 12:58 PM
Apr 2024
Gers better & better
Sep 4, 8:40 AM
Mar 2021
what i really liked in this episode was how they handled showing an attack sequence where a few people fights an army reminding me a lot of teal life battles and not only that but that new character also usually it is boring to see how the plan is executed when there is a character talking in the background trust me i have seen a lot of fails to that but in this show i never felt that and that's where this show's amazing direction comes in hand all in all it was a solid 8/10
Sep 4, 5:33 PM

Dec 2020
the animation in this episode went crazy! The CG was a little bit weird but I lowkey worked I think.
Sep 6, 8:29 AM

Jun 2019
All the fights have been decided and it looks like Tokiyuki is also confident in his skills. I really want him to win his fight by himself.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14

61 by senekohan »»
Oct 25, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28

75 by Purplemind »»
Oct 25, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21

48 by Ashhk »»
Oct 22, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31

74 by Ashhk »»
Oct 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Spirelord - Aug 17

56 by Ashhk »»
Oct 20, 1:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.