Forum Settings
Forums

Since anime fans today are weaklings and easily triggered, if Berserk were to be adapted properly today, do you think it would receive many complains?

New
May 17, 9:44 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014

So, as you know Mushoku Tensei have many weaklings complained and lost their mind because they couldn't stomach it when the anime showed MC touched a girl in her sleep inappropriately albeit MC got instant karma immediately afterwards because she hit him hard.

Also in Unnamed Memory anime, I saw people complained when they saw male MC carried female MC to a bed and said something about wanting to teach a lesson (he pretended because of some misunderstandings), no sexual scene was shown at all.

Compared to those scenes above, those are child's play compared to some disturbing scenes in Berserk like that Femto scene and horse scene which truly showed sexually disturbing visual, but I never heard complains about Berserk regarding those scenes and it's understandable because Berserk is an old series and anime fans back then weren't weaklings and more chill :)

So, Since anime fans today are weaklings and easily triggered, if Berserk were to be adapted properly today, do you think Berserk would receive many complains from them as well?

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 17, 9:47 PM

Feb 2020
No anime is in a safe zone. I'm pretty sure the new Berserk would also get some haters.

SerafosMay 17, 10:01 PM
May 17, 9:48 PM

Feb 2016
Rinrinka said:
So, as you know Mushoku Tensei have many weaklings complained

I know nobody cares what those people think. I don't know why you'd expect any different from a new Berserk anime.
その目だれの目?
May 17, 9:50 PM

Aug 2018
If they can't handle Mushoku Tensei, they definitely can't handle it with Berserk, lol.
May 17, 9:51 PM

Apr 2020
Rinrinka said:
e anime showed MC touched a girl in her sleep inappropriately albeit MC

The difference between the creepiness of berserk and other animes is that the main character isn't the one doing the creepy shit. Who wants to root for a main character that is doing creepy sexual stuff? even if they get ramifications for it. Thats why I don't understand the appeal of mushoku tensei cuz wasn't he a pedo?

I dont think it will be much different from the reception game of thrones got. there will obviously be people who are uncomfortable by the rape scenes and so they criticize it for it, but mostly people will enjoy it, mainly because Gut's is 99% of the enjoyment when it comes to berserk.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 9:59 PM

May 2019
Meh, art is meant to be shocking and provocative to get a rise from people and those who can't handle it shouldn't see it but also not criticize it.
May 17, 10:07 PM

Nov 2019
On Twitter sure, (they literally did throw a hissy fit a few years ago when Miura died over some of the graphic material) but drive-by critics on there will invent reasons to criticize or tone-police anything into oblivion.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
The 50 Anime You Should Watch Before You Die
May 17, 10:14 PM

Mar 2018
To me the difference, besides the fact that Berserk is clearly just significantly better in general, is that the predatory shit really shouldn't be played for comedy which is how it feels in a lot of trashy anime. Perverted shit isn't really a problem but removing a character's agency and having them be harassed and then be like "haha laugh at it" really isn't that likable.
My safe space is in my futa mommy's arms
May 17, 10:15 PM

May 2015
I suspect there's a lot to do with expectations people have when getting into a series. Isekai attracts a wider audience and by the look at the poster or genres alone a general viewer wouldn't normally expect something heavier down the line when it initially appears cute or just like your average fantasy anime. Even if Berserk wasn't already a well known series with an established reputation, the art style or genres could already serve as a fair warning.

Different people have different limits and those who can't stomach heavy things wouldn't normally go out of their way to watch media that contains it, and I would hope Berserk would be watched primarily by its intended audience and the "weakling" snowflakes would fall off early on. So no, I don't believe it will get complains of this kind. The only complaints Berserk adaptation would ever get are if it isn't adapted properly or the mentioned topics are omitted/censored.
May 17, 10:17 PM

Oct 2013
The hell are you on about? People have bitched about "controversial" things for years. This isn't a new thing. The internet just amplified it. Of course the original Berserk hasn't gotten much shit, because anime wasn't that big of a thing when it came out. If it was, people probably would have complained about it back then, though maybe not to the extent it would be today. Because again...Internet.
May 17, 11:05 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I've said it before that todays people are way too sensitive to stuff online and in tv-series and what not. Somehow, a white person can't voice a black person in The Simpsons for example since it's apparently racist. Like what? Give me a break.
Anime from 90's - 05 has lot of "controversy" stuff which is not made today anymore 'cause people are too sensitive. The people in this planet has turned into a bunch of p***ies. This is just my opinion, don't think too hard of it.
I kind of enjoy watching stuff that triggers other people nowadays. Is this a kink?
AzuchiMay 17, 11:14 PM
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
May 17, 11:10 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
Rinrinka said:
e anime showed MC touched a girl in her sleep inappropriately albeit MC

The difference between the creepiness of berserk and other animes is that the main character isn't the one doing the creepy shit. Who wants to root for a main character that is doing creepy sexual stuff? even if they get ramifications for it. Thats why I don't understand the appeal of mushoku tensei cuz wasn't he a pedo?

I dont think it will be much different from the reception game of thrones got. there will obviously be people who are uncomfortable by the rape scenes and so they criticize it for it, but mostly people will enjoy it, mainly because Gut's is 99% of the enjoyment when it comes to berserk.
@Kenzolo-folk Rudeus is a 🐐, mate.
𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙋𝙞𝙚𝙘𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙚. - 𝙕𝙖𝙘𝙝
May 17, 11:15 PM

Jan 2011
It would be far less disingenuous to compare say Konosuba instead of Berserk.
May 17, 11:48 PM

Mar 2013
@Rinrinka Have you ever actually read Berserk?

I don't think there is a one to one comparison, honestly. The chief complaint is that the audience is supposed to sympathize with Rudeus despite him being essentially Mineta from Boku No Hero Academia, whereas Guts does not do that stuff. Mushoku Tensei is much closer to a typical comedy isekai whereas Berserk is a dark fantasy drama. You cannot compare both series for having rape scenes because the main characters, the overall narrative, and thus the context are completely different. I have to agree with @ReaperCreeper. Konosuba's Kazuma is a much more similar character to Rudeus than Guts ever was, and would be a better point of contention when it comes to asking what is the difference in reception here?

I think first and foremost, I would not go out of my way to make posts complaining about people who dislike our favorite anime. It is just pointless and provocative, painting all critics of an anime as frothing at the mouths, obsessing over an anime that for most of us I imagine we do not even think about. I mean, I do not see the point; this comes across as not an honest attempt at any discussion or to consider any opposing beliefs, this is just trying to strike up brownie points with weirdos online regarding your favorite anime.

Which Game of Thrones aired not long ago; which had scenes of sexual violence, and it still a popular fantasy book series. Fewer people complained because Sansa being raped by Ramsay was supposed to be portrayed as bad, and Ramsay as an undeniably evil person. Far fewer people complained about Goblin Slayer than Mushoku Tensei because Goblin Slayer, the main character, was offing the rapists, in addition to there really only being one implied scene in the first episode.

My personal thoughts? I don't like Mineta, and I don't like Rudeus who was Mineta for pretty much all of the first season, and whose character developments seems rather shallow; I am not above a person like Rudeus potentially getting better, but at the same time like No Game No Life's Sora, the anime dances around what Rudeus needed to improve from. He was just a fucking loser NEET with a perverted streak, and that entirely his own fault. We somehow want to change Rudeus on account of his low self-esteem without acknowledging that his low self-esteem was completely justified. Sorry, the real world expects you to do things to feel good about yourself.

Mushoku Tensei, or Jobless Reincarnation, is a fitting name, as it is much paramount of of "do not feel bad for being mediocre" "snowflake" attitude on Twitter that many of its fans criticize in the first place. Maybe Rudeus should have gotten a real job instead of being a chronic masturbator.

@Kenzolo-folk There was an implication in the anime adaptation (Confirmed I believe in the source material), of the main character masturbating to a video of his niece in the bathroom.

May 17, 11:56 PM

Mar 2023
These people would have an existential crisis from watching an anime made before 2010.
May 18, 2:32 AM

Oct 2013
No. Anime fans, in general, have become extremely fragile and whiny when it comes to anime. They will seethe over a cartoon that doesn't interest them at all, only because it has relatively timid, disturbing scenes in it. I'm not talking here about gore or hentai. Just about timid scenes playing their role in a story that make some of weebs seethe, even though they don't even plan to watch or continue watching a show with such scenes.

I might sound like a broken record, 'cause I already said it some time ago, but take a look at Goblin Slayer. This anime was released several years ago, but you can still see people seething over a damn cartoon they don't intend to watch, only because dark fantasy anime had disturbing scenes in it, placing emphasis on how evil the evildoers are in the show itself.

As for Berserk, nope. There's no chance for any TV adaptation of the Black Swordsman Arc or The Lost Children Chapter of the Conviction Arc. I don't see it happening. Not without toning down disturbing elements to the point of making an anime that would be just a funny shadow of its manga counterpart.
I think Netflix could make a decent ONA series without ruining the whole adaptation with too strict censorship. Other than ONA, I can't imagine said arcs being adapted into the TV series format.

Unless we are talking about the continuation of the story known from the Berserk anime from 2017. This one could work well as a TV series without meddling too much with censorship. Berserk manga, at some point, has become less edgy, bloody, and controversial, so while not "family-friendly," such anime could work well if created and aired on television.
May 18, 3:42 AM

Nov 2019
I think Berserk would do great just because it has that ominous atmosphere that a lot of edgy shounen/seinen have. I doubt it would get a 1:1 adaptation though because Japanese censorship
May 18, 4:03 AM
Jan 2021
I highly doubt it would get as much backlash as you assume. I'm friends with one of the most politically correct people ever and they LOVE Berserk.
May 18, 4:13 AM

Aug 2013
Their safe space bubbles will be bursted and they will band together to voice their outrage together as 1 cohesive unit. Furthermore part of them will demand to issue warnings to any content that has the potential to destroy their safe space bubble. The other part just wants MOAR censorship, this includes:
- removal of scenes
- alteration of scenes so it can fit their ideology
- changes to translations to remove any slight suggestion towards safe-space-destroying topics

Their favorite slogan will be HOLD THE LINE
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima

Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 compared to other games released in 2024 is without a doubt a masterpiece.
HOWEVER...
Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 compared to far older games like Gears of War from 2006 is pretty lackluster and has lots of room for improvement -> 5.5/10
Lol Sony needs to stop sniffing their own farts, their IQ is crashing so hard they are gonna ruin the whole company.
May 18, 4:19 AM

Jul 2021
who gives a shit what others think. this generation is doomed. its not too far when the brains of these kids will rot and fall off and then we can finally have normalcy and sanity once again.]

i just want a great berserk adaptation

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 18, 4:24 AM
Apr 2022
I was speechless when watch mushoku. Lmao. Idk the genre that time beside it Isekai. I am old tho-
May 18, 9:23 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to PeripheralVision
@Rinrinka Have you ever actually read Berserk?

I don't think there is a one to one comparison, honestly. The chief complaint is that the audience is supposed to sympathize with Rudeus despite him being essentially Mineta from Boku No Hero Academia, whereas Guts does not do that stuff. Mushoku Tensei is much closer to a typical comedy isekai whereas Berserk is a dark fantasy drama. You cannot compare both series for having rape scenes because the main characters, the overall narrative, and thus the context are completely different. I have to agree with @ReaperCreeper. Konosuba's Kazuma is a much more similar character to Rudeus than Guts ever was, and would be a better point of contention when it comes to asking what is the difference in reception here?

I think first and foremost, I would not go out of my way to make posts complaining about people who dislike our favorite anime. It is just pointless and provocative, painting all critics of an anime as frothing at the mouths, obsessing over an anime that for most of us I imagine we do not even think about. I mean, I do not see the point; this comes across as not an honest attempt at any discussion or to consider any opposing beliefs, this is just trying to strike up brownie points with weirdos online regarding your favorite anime.

Which Game of Thrones aired not long ago; which had scenes of sexual violence, and it still a popular fantasy book series. Fewer people complained because Sansa being raped by Ramsay was supposed to be portrayed as bad, and Ramsay as an undeniably evil person. Far fewer people complained about Goblin Slayer than Mushoku Tensei because Goblin Slayer, the main character, was offing the rapists, in addition to there really only being one implied scene in the first episode.

My personal thoughts? I don't like Mineta, and I don't like Rudeus who was Mineta for pretty much all of the first season, and whose character developments seems rather shallow; I am not above a person like Rudeus potentially getting better, but at the same time like No Game No Life's Sora, the anime dances around what Rudeus needed to improve from. He was just a fucking loser NEET with a perverted streak, and that entirely his own fault. We somehow want to change Rudeus on account of his low self-esteem without acknowledging that his low self-esteem was completely justified. Sorry, the real world expects you to do things to feel good about yourself.

Mushoku Tensei, or Jobless Reincarnation, is a fitting name, as it is much paramount of of "do not feel bad for being mediocre" "snowflake" attitude on Twitter that many of its fans criticize in the first place. Maybe Rudeus should have gotten a real job instead of being a chronic masturbator.

@Kenzolo-folk There was an implication in the anime adaptation (Confirmed I believe in the source material), of the main character masturbating to a video of his niece in the bathroom.

@PeripheralVision
yeah that shits not for me... call me a snowflake but I'm not rooting for a character doing irredeemable shit like that
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 9:33 AM

Oct 2018
People are so weak these days, they can't even enjoy an anime about a pedophile sexually assaulting kids.

And for sensitive content, as long as you know what you're doing, most people will understand. The most popular TV series right now is Baby Reindeer, which has all kinds of fucked up shit, but the TV show knows how to approach those shit moments.
It's different from a 40 y.o man looking at a naked child and thinking "
In my old life, I fantasized about it through my monitor while making my black-lust whitey-cannon to meet a paper handkerchief. There it was, he… was she"
PhosphophyllitaMay 18, 9:40 AM
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
May 18, 9:47 AM

Dec 2019
Complaining about contents that has been around for 30 years huh.
May 18, 10:13 AM

Sep 2016
Since anime fans today are weaklings and easily triggered, if Berserk were to be adapted properly today, do you think it would receive many complains?

Probably not, because it has no formerly jobless degenerate MC the complainers could shit on to make themselves feel better.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 18, 10:31 AM

Jun 2020
People would complain about Beserk if it had a good or bad adaptation, cause some people have unrealistic expectations that will never come true.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
May 18, 10:58 AM
May 2012
OMG this hentai is so pervert well, what did you expect from an hentai?
If I'm watching konosuba and Kazuma "the MC hero" acts like a sex maniac in every episode and Konosuba is supposed to be a PEGI-12 comedy anime it's not the same if I'm watching Berserk for many nations rated 18+ "Gore" "horror".
Authors should be more frank and precise about the contents they propose and how they propose them.
Harassment can also be very different in reality depending on who perpetuates it and how they perpetuate it, a drug dealer, murderer who harasses his clients for a dose is not the same thing as a priest who harasses altar girls in church.
The context is very important, a comic hero cannot be a molester, it can once once as a ecchi joke but not keeping it up every episode multiple times, it is no longer comedy but becomes hentai.
May 18, 2:14 PM

Mar 2023
Neah, most would cheer it on. It's like GOT where violence trumps over sexual fetishisation
May 18, 2:32 PM

Oct 2019
yes, but also, it's fucking berserk!!

Normally the vocal minority of complainers get some level of attention, specially by western companies.

But berserk is beloved and popular enough that any singular complaint would be followed by 100s of "shut the fuck ups" from all ages, races, sexes, creature, objects anything!!

In fact, the inclusive crowd, would be bashed by a group so inclusive, it would be more inclusive than anything they could ever make. Berserk has changed lives all over the fucking planet for all types of people, it doesn't need to be fixed.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 18, 2:46 PM

Apr 2016
I do think people would get upset about certain scenes in berserk, especially that one scene with griffith and casca. I think the important thing here is that anime is not real, I know it's wild to have to remind people of that. But anime is not actually displaying real life people in these morally wrong situations. It's all fiction.

Yes what mushoku tensei does at times is fucking weird. No one is saying it isn't. But it's someone's work, and they're entitled to express their own art in any specific way. Otherwise we would've never gotten things like berserk. We all just need to calm down and stop being the moral police. And if you don't like a specific anime or manga, just stop consuming it, it's that simple.

If we get into a habit of telling writers, artists, what to create, we'll just have rainbows and sunshine with absolutely no gore or thought provoking topics. But I guess that's what some people want.
May 18, 2:47 PM

Sep 2018
It would definitely get complaints from baka gaijin and some modern feminists.
May 18, 3:18 PM

Feb 2019
this is so dumb, berserk shoukldnt be compared to mushoku tensei, if anyone trieed to do that with berserk the entire anime fanbase would tell them to shut the fuck up
May 18, 3:39 PM

Dec 2014
there's places for it
if you're not expecting it or if it doesn't fit the theme or the show then it just feels contrived for shock value

obscureanimefan said:
I think little girls are sexy.
May 18, 4:09 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to rohan121
It would definitely get complaints from baka gaijin and some modern feminists.
@rohan121 Or people watching show they don't like, for the sake of seething and finding new ways to show their virtue signaling skills. I can easily imagine that kind of folks demanding porn movies to be censored and toned down for the sake of appealing to a wider audience, hah. With, of course, sharing their hallucinations about the show they are hating on. I mean saying untrue stuff about it, just to make it worse than it actually is.

That's what I find as really, really weird. Why people watch stuff they know that has content they find as triggering or simply not pleasant, not entertaining at all, etc.? It's ridiculous and looks like one of the worst ideas to waste your free time. I don't watch porn movies, because I don't like that kind of stuff. But if someone likes them, then it's completely alright. They are just not my cup of tea. Same goes with Berserk. I like it as it is, but if someone doesn't, that's fine. Different strokes for different folks, as they say. But trying desperately "convert" the opposite side to your own taste, mixed with thrashing the medium in question, or implying that said side's morals are tied to a comicbook / a cartoon they are reading? Bizarre behavior, indeed.
May 18, 4:15 PM

Mar 2013
Reply to Senpapi-sama
I do think people would get upset about certain scenes in berserk, especially that one scene with griffith and casca. I think the important thing here is that anime is not real, I know it's wild to have to remind people of that. But anime is not actually displaying real life people in these morally wrong situations. It's all fiction.

Yes what mushoku tensei does at times is fucking weird. No one is saying it isn't. But it's someone's work, and they're entitled to express their own art in any specific way. Otherwise we would've never gotten things like berserk. We all just need to calm down and stop being the moral police. And if you don't like a specific anime or manga, just stop consuming it, it's that simple.

If we get into a habit of telling writers, artists, what to create, we'll just have rainbows and sunshine with absolutely no gore or thought provoking topics. But I guess that's what some people want.
@Senpapi-sama

I think the important thing here is that anime is not real, I know it's wild to have to remind people of that.

I think this is a bit of a bad faith assumption, honestly. Of course most people know fiction is not real, and many of the critics of Mushoku Tensei do not criticize the series because Rudeus is harming real children, but that Rudeus is a difficult character to cheer for in light of his actions. The difference in context is that Mushoku Tensei seems to rely on the audience relating to, sympathizing with, and liking Rudeus.

It is difficult for many people to say why they do not like Rudeus without drawing on their own moral principles; depending on a work, many of us would not find it easy to relate to, sympathize, and cheer on someone who is racist, sexist, hateful, rapist, etc.

We are not protesting then the fact that the main character of a story is a bad person, but criticizing the story for asking us to sympathize with an unusually bad or unlikable character. I think this is not intrinsically a bad argument, but one dependent on the body of work. Is Rudeus that bad? How does it differ from say, Satou from Happy Sugar Life?

But it's someone's work, and they're entitled to express their own art in any specific way.

Criticism should not be seen as a demand to change something, and to define it as such is to say that criticism is some undue pressure to force on the author, and that forcing someone's hand is wrong. I heard some people respond to criticism "if you have nothing nice to say, then do not say anything at all", but to apply this to the critiquing of any body of work is absurd.

In fact, by applying it in reverse, you could say without criticism we would not have gotten things like Berserk. Miura probably had to discuss back and forth with editors on how to change stories, and this can have a huge impact on the stories themselves; The Cell Saga from Dragon Ball Z would have never existed if the editors had not said to Toriyama whether Dr. Gero was a good final antagonist for the series.

We should not avoid criticism out of fear of offending a creator's feelings. I agree, I don't want to live in a world with sunshine and rainbows, but I think criticism is an important part of a world that has thought provoking topics in fiction. We simply cannot get there with perfect agreement, we need disagreement.

And if you don't like a specific anime or manga, just stop consuming it, it's that simple.

I think this is good advice if people are especially upset over a work, but I think more nuance is needed. Specifically, that not liking a work enough to be able to discuss its flaws is necessarily a bad thing. I for one enjoy hearing people's discussions of the latest chapters of Jujutsu Kaisen, even if they have problems with it. In some cases, having these discussions are fun.

I think through discussing what works for us and what does not, we can extend our appreciation of works beyond the surface level.
May 18, 4:15 PM

Apr 2012
Is this a troll thread, or just really, really stupid?

The difference is that when Berserk has bad people doing bad things, it understands that they're bad people doing bad things.

Spunkert said:
These people would have an existential crisis from watching an anime made before 2010.

Yeah, nowadays, it's just all things like Bottle Fairy, Goldfish Warning, Azumanga Daioh, and Little Snow Fairy Sugar.
May 18, 5:16 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to logopolis

The difference is that when Berserk has bad people doing bad things, it understands that they're bad people doing bad things.

Spunkert said:

Yeah, nowadays, it's just all things like Bottle Fairy, Goldfish Warning, Azumanga Daioh, and Little Snow Fairy Sugar.
logopolis said:
You can find a lot of people who would strongly disagree with your words, even though they are true. Berserk os graphic, sometimes too much and in kinda forced way, but it doesn't "romanticize" traumatic moments or trauma itself. Like you said, there's a link between such thighs and evildoers doing them. Bad, evil people doing bad, evil things. However, many people will yell and seethe and rage regardless of the context.

Sexual assault scenes in Goblin Slayer were meant to show how evil and ruthless goblins were, and how it was a mistake to underestimate them. Maybe their presentation was edgy, meant to be mostly shocking, or it was unnecessarily graphic. It's up to debate. But most of voices you could hear, back when Goblin Slayer's first season was still airing, were raging over the sole fact that evildoers do very nasty things.

Same goes with Berserk. "Screw the context, screw the character! There can't be violence and sex in a dark fantasy story that started as a dark edgy slasher-like manga!" - that's what many of people may think and be loud about. I think @Rinrinka had similar folks in mind when creating this thread (prove me wrong if that wasn't the case, please).

(as for Mushoku Tensei, I won't comment on it, because I'm not familiar with this show and I didn't track comments about it)
May 18, 5:24 PM

May 2021
The moral busybody crowd already complained over Berserk before.
Echidna best waifu :D
May 18, 5:31 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Vendicator
The moral busybody crowd already complained over Berserk before.
@Vendicator That's correct. They just weren't that much visible, due to the Internet access not being so widespread as it is today. These days, you can find more of them, also in the fandom itself. I think most of Berserk fans, after this franchise has become mainstream in the West, are rather negative about those scenes, focusing more on the scenes themselves rather than whether they were necessary or whether their role in the narration justified a certain way of portraying certain atrocities.

It was bizarre in how hilarious it was to see people whining about skipping several minutes of that one episode of Berserk: Golden Age arc - Memorial Edition, because it featured a frame with Donovan, showing awful moment, yet important for the story and for Guts as the protagonist.
May 18, 5:57 PM

Jul 2013
Do I even care? It is just anime. It is not meant to be taken seriously tbh...
May 18, 8:22 PM

Aug 2016
the only w**klings here are the people who dont recognize Berserk 97 as the one properly adapted
:v
May 18, 8:30 PM

Aug 2020
If Subahibi was adapted properly them weaklings wouldn't understand

May 18, 8:50 PM

Mar 2008
I've noticed some people have seemed to have gotten extremely weird over the past few years full of addiction to excessive outrage, disgust and intolerant bigotry against anything that in the near past people would have had a normal reaction to. This seems of no coincidence tying into the increasing trend of infantilization of youth especially toward females and minorities causing psychological distress.
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11031-022-09989-4
traedMay 19, 12:00 AM
May 18, 9:42 PM
Apr 2024
I didn't care about the rape scene in Goblin Slayer, I didn't care about the incest in GOT, I saw first chapter of redo of healer and didn't care (stopped watching in second episode because it became hentai). But mushoku tensei has some many creepy scenes that is off putting. And it sexualises children too much, did you read the description of Roxy in the LN "the trifecta".
What I am telling is, I am not Snowflake but context matter, and in mushoku tensei context is to root for pedophilia (not my cup of tea).
May 19, 1:17 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to logopolis

Spunkert said:

@logopolis

I think certain people would have mental breakdown from watching Azumanga Daioh due to the character Mr. Kimura.
May 21, 2:45 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to xqXpx
I didn't care about the rape scene in Goblin Slayer, I didn't care about the incest in GOT, I saw first chapter of redo of healer and didn't care (stopped watching in second episode because it became hentai). But mushoku tensei has some many creepy scenes that is off putting. And it sexualises children too much, did you read the description of Roxy in the LN "the trifecta".
What I am telling is, I am not Snowflake but context matter, and in mushoku tensei context is to root for pedophilia (not my cup of tea).
@xqXpx

Found the tourist who has no right to watch anime lol.
May 21, 2:47 PM

Jul 2013
@animegamer245 i dont watch edgelord anime shows btw...
May 22, 3:47 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to GoatPieceLuffy
@xqXpx

Found the tourist who has no right to watch anime lol.
@GoatPieceLuffy
Tourist hahahahaha, I started watching anime before you were born :S
May 22, 6:06 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to xqXpx
@GoatPieceLuffy
Tourist hahahahaha, I started watching anime before you were born :S
@xqXpx

Then stop making baseless assumptions.
May 22, 6:16 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to xqXpx
@xqXpx I'm not familiar pretty much at all with Mushoku Tensei. I didn't watch it, I don't plan to, and I only heard various things about it. Mostly negative ones, lol. Even coming from people who enjoy the worldbuilding in the show itself in general, but dislike all that controversial or disturbing stuff happening in it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

612 by 345EdwardElric »»
51 seconds ago

» Which upcoming anime are you most excited about and why?

KyanBun - Today

21 by AE-2 »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime of the Season

Raajdeep - Today

31 by EpicO4 »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » A anime that mention your country? ( 1 2 )

torsan88 - Sep 17

95 by aReviewer »»
20 minutes ago

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows

Treatise - 7 hours ago

19 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.