Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 1, 6:48 AM

Nov 2011
Imo, Frieren's fight with her clone truly is one of the most interesting elements of this exam. Now, they also have to get deeper into that dungeon. Glad to see Frieren and her party overcame that challenge.

Fern and her use of magic continues to impress me as well. Feels like she's getting better everyday. She and Fern really make a good synergy in the same party. Really impressed at how much everyone, especially Frieren has grown this season.
Mar 1, 6:49 AM

Dec 2021
That's probably why Himmel's group beat the demon king—they finished all the extra dungeons first.

Dunste approaches the hall entrance with a willingness to collaborate, offering up valuable information gleaned from the observations of the now-disqualified Edel. The group grapples with uncertainty regarding the clone's capabilities, particularly as Sense declines to aid as a proctor. Meanwhile, Fern dispels the assumption that clones will perfectly mimic their hosts' actions by revealing Frieren's vulnerability: a brief interruption in mana detection while casting spells. This revelation prompts the group to convene a strategy meeting, much to Frieren's delight.

It's good to see them finally working together. Sense probably wanted that all along with her exam plan. And Frieren, she's a bit embarrassed about her small weakness, but she's totally cool about her funny moment with the mimic. She can also use other types of magic. It's kind of obvious, considering they didn't have Soul Track when they started their journey to beat the Demon King. Seeing that Flamme flashback made me realize that Flamme was a real hero. By making magic acceptable and training Frieren, she set the stage for peace without a Demon King. It took a long time, but mages like Serie made it possible. Oh, and the animation in this episode was amazing.

And that smile from Frieren at the end, she was indeed the one to kill the Demon King.

Mar 1, 6:49 AM

May 2020
For people who were about to face an opponent as mighty as they could've been, this bunch sure was very relaxed lol. Or maybe it's just their lack of emotions which they show on their face.. a kind of common trait for all characters in this series, was making it seem that way lol. Anyways, I liked how it came to the point where all of those people who passed the first stage came around and ended up  coming up with a strategy…

… a strategy where they'd make use of Frieren's weaknesses of being unable to detect mana when under a spell attack, though only for a fraction of second lol. That being that, I liked how confident Frieren was, or more like when she said she'd definitely ace this dungeon as she's the mage of that party who aced the most number of dungeons in history.

A small bit of Frieren and Fern against Frieren clone was good enough, as usual. They never missed on action scenes anyways. But then there's that, the rest against the rest of the clones too. That'd something to look forward as well. Though that conversation with Serie in the end.. despite them being at odds as we can see, Serie and Flamme that is, no, I mean Serie's like that with everyone lol, she still pretty much did what Flamme wanted.

Really but, whatever Serie said back then came into reality.
Softhenic03Mar 1, 6:56 AM
Mar 1, 7:29 AM
Sep 2015
It's nice that they take time to create a strategy to defeat a clone Frieren, it's a clone of FRIEREN, one of the greatest mage ever, after all, so it shouldn't be taken down so easily.

I watch some anime about immortal being that start the story in ancient era and end up in present world era, I'm wondering if Frieren will be like that, it'd be nice to see Frieren using smartphone, in a world that technology is so high that magic is not necessary anymore.
Mar 1, 7:31 AM
Apr 2017
I am pretty sure Frieren clone is not dead, and I want see more action for now or some plot twist maybe
Mar 1, 7:46 AM

Feb 2021
Don't you just love cooperation?
The fight is so damn beautiful. I love the colors and the transitions between real Frieren and the clone with the same poses.
The long flashback was sooo good. The conclusion that Fern is able to kill Frieren at the end was really satisfying.
Amazing episode!
Mar 1, 8:00 AM

Apr 2010
Well it looks like an intense fight and something tells me it's not over yet not to mention the other clones that are coming, this exam is pretty interesting.
Now the question remains is will they be able to handle it all or will they fail the exam.
It was also nice to see a bit of history with the talk between Elves.
Mar 1, 8:05 AM

Mar 2013
A background story in the middle of battle, too short... πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 1, 8:06 AM

Mar 2021
Amazing episode the fight scenes are just brilliant and I love the flashbacks to Frieren's past.
Mar 1, 8:06 AM
Jul 2023
So Heiter is pretty much a dead weight most of the time.

Frieren smiling reminiscing about her past adventures is very heartwarming.
Mar 1, 8:10 AM

Oct 2017
Such a fatal flaw lol, which is a split second opening. Frieren being embarrassed about it was cute. The action animation was so flashy and good, madhouse killing it.

Love the Flamme related backstory we get every now and then. This time Serie and Frieren conversation about her, she changed the world for the humans with the use of magic and look how far they've come in only a thousand years.

Ending the episode with a cliffhanger, did Fern take down Frieren or not? Well gotta wait for next episode to find out.
Mar 1, 8:13 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to CrazyButNot4U
CrazyButNot4U said:
You literally didn't understand the importance of the backstory for that battle and why they chose to show it there.

Aversa said:
Well it looks like an intense fight and something tells me it's not over yet not to mention the other clones that are coming, this exam is pretty interesting.
If they defeat frieren clone the battle will be over as then they can just kill the caster of the spell and the other clones will disappear.
Mar 1, 8:17 AM

Jun 2021
The conversation between Serie and Frieren this episode was one of my favourite moment in the whole series.

The Frieren fight was truly the boss level fight.Denken and group have to be careful now because Fern's clone is also returning maybe.

Flamme rarely gets screen time but whenever she gets screentime the episode turn out to be masterpiece.
E-SatieMar 1, 9:11 AM

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

Mar 1, 8:27 AM
Sep 2020
It looks like Mad House is working very hard on this anime project.
Mar 1, 8:28 AM
May 2021
Amazing ep, yet again πŸ”₯ Frieren’s backstory just hits differently still.
Mar 1, 8:28 AM

Oct 2007
that's a perfect shot by Fern.

it's terrifying to know that a group of clones that can wipe an entire party is headed their way.
Fern and Frieren better move fast in defeating Spiegel.
Mar 1, 8:33 AM

Jul 2011
I wasn't hoping to see a decent fight against clone Sense but, now that the mustachio dude probably made the clone accelerate and all surviving clones are gathering. Now I want to see.

A Frieren fight is always great to see.

And Frieren neglected her training, a little. Maybe out of spite for what Serie said.
Mar 1, 8:37 AM
ε­”ηœŸγƒ»γ‚³γ‚¦γƒžγ‚³γƒˆ

Jun 2017
Damn, that's one intense fight! "It's either the Demon King or a human mage that will kill you." - Now, that's some statement to return to the climax of the battle! It was lovely to see the two elves talking about the common human being in their lives and the nonchalant attitude of the two, lol. Flamme-san's pretty good in the prediction game too. Setting forth the millennium revolution to raise humanity to the top of the magic chain, no wonder she was center stage in the conversation.

Fern's usual trick turning out to be Frieren's demise has a very interesting twist to it. Perfectly lines with Frieren's fatal issue too, talk about perfect placement! Didn't really get to see her go all out but here's to hoping the group outside won't have to experience that, xD. Good to see Kanne and Lawine make it this far and a surprising revelation by the latter.

On a different note, Frieren happily enjoying the pre-battle tactics and the flashback of the greatest dungeon-exploring party is just the usual treat that I'm always looking for week in and week out!

Still a lot to come in the three upcoming episodes, I can't wait! Possibly one of my fav episodes from the show so far and that's saying something considering the mighty standard of the show.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 1, 8:45 AM

Jan 2011
You know a show is a true masterpiece when every episode is over in what feels like a minute.
Mar 1, 8:45 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to Mainnus

Frieren smiling reminiscing about her past adventures is very heartwarming.
Mainnus said:
He has his shinning moments...when he is not drunk out himself
Mar 1, 8:47 AM

Mar 2015
While it was less action packed than expected the flashback to Serie was nice, she obviously does care more than she shows and I do hope we get to see an interactions between her and Frieren (in current time) before the series is over, we have 3 more episodes and i feel like we will either not be done with the tests or the final one will be very fast and kind of skipped over.

4 out of 5, very enjoyable and a bit touchy.
Mar 1, 8:58 AM
Oct 2019
A really beautiful episode, but I still believed that because of her weakness, they were going to put a trunk in there ahahahha
Mar 1, 9:01 AM

Jul 2016
I know Fern virtually had no chance of actually killing Frieren when she demonstrated her mana detection flaw (because, well, she's Frieren) but the idea of firing a rogue Zoltraak at her back to prove a point is just wild to me. Don't know if I'm more impressed that Frieren's become so powerful with that big of a weakness or that such an extreme method is needed to make her flaws even just slightly visible.

Speaking of flanks, got a feeling Wirbel and Ubel's squads are gonna sandwich the clones of the Denken defense team from behind.
Mar 1, 9:14 AM
Apr 2022
Finally, a masterpiece scene again. The Frieren and Serie scene was masterful
Mar 1, 9:19 AM

Jan 2009
there it is the confirmation that elves have almost infinite life

and the one that might kill frieren and the elves are humans like fern

i notice serie got decent big boobs eh thats hot lol
Mar 1, 9:26 AM
Jun 2022
Very happy with this episode. The first half is largely just Frieren and company strategizing on how to beat the replica. Though the fight with the replica isn't too exciting, it's accompanied by Serie's first real scene. Which is the highlight of the episode for me.

You really see the clash of philosophy between Serie and Frieren. Serie is worried about one day being surpassed by another mage. Seeing magic as power. While Frieren is excited that putting magic in the hands of so many people, will only expand magic to strange and wonderous new places. It really makes me want to see how their next interaction will go, presumably at the end of this season.
Mar 1, 9:30 AM
Nov 2023
Why did the episode end?! What do you mean it's been more than 5 minutes?!

For those who are dissapointed because the fight ended quickly, don't worry, I think it's not over yet.

EDIT: They could be fighting Spiegel, but I bet Frieren is not dead.
gorkthe134thMar 1, 9:33 AM
Mar 1, 9:44 AM

Dec 2016
Madhouse staff is killing it with Frieren's highlights.

The such awaited battle of Frieren vs her copy was sublime in sakuga. The dark reds and purples chosen gave me such nostalgic Star Wars vibes. The whole choreography of multicasting and spell parrying was chef's kiss.

This is one of the few titles that does so well in blending in flashbacks that do feel weight to the actual fight unlike tons of other shows. Seire putting her best poker face regarding her student she so called apprentice on a whim gives her much needed layers to her immutable character. It was also quite fascinating to establish the beginning of a new era for mankind and magic, all by a selfless request of her apprentice Flamme.

It would feel like this would be the end of the series, but there's still meat in those bones and there's still Denken and company holding the door to the other copies, so were in for a treat next week.
Mar 1, 9:47 AM

Jul 2012
I liked how they connected Frieren's past and what Serie told her to the present situation where Fern uses Zoltraak to finish off the clone. Also the part where Himmel smiles, then it cuts to Serie smiling too.
Mar 1, 9:50 AM

Jan 2018
It's terrifying that even after those two guys ran away the replica still chased them down. Freaking brutal.

So, in the end, it was down to Frieren and Fern to take on clone Frieren. Never expected a Frieren vs Frieren and Fern fight in this show.

This show is so fucking beautiful. I don't think I can ever overstate that. Madhouse is killing it and I hope they keep this quality up.

It makes me sad that there are only 3 more episodes remaining. I never expected to get so hooked with Frieren. I'm not ready to be without this show...
Mar 1, 9:52 AM

May 2022
Great episode as always. Gotta give props to the team for releasing such high-quality episodes each week. Definitely will be going into my favorite shows at after it ends. Especially for 28 episodes this has been quite an achievement in my eyes.

Onto the episode was hoping they would have use a mimic chest, because I thought they alluded to that in the past episodes. Obviously this would have been to be a goofy solution, but I did have hope they would mention it since sense even witnessed her getting trapped in a mimic questioning her abilities.
Mar 1, 10:00 AM

May 2019
Another great classic episode with appropriate flashbacks throughout. In particular, at first I didn't quite get the longer flashback with Frieren and Serie until towards the end but I noticed Serie was affected when Frieren told her Flamme predicted how she would react to her will.

Seeing child Flamme running around was heartwarming and I think Serie was reminiscing fondly about Flamme even if she thought her first spell to create a field of flowers was foolish. Anyway, this message in particular hit kind of hard as we all have to make important decisions with some that don't work out how we thought they would:

Regarding the fight with clone Frieren, I'm not sure if she's dead but if not she should at least be injured.
Mar 1, 10:18 AM
Apr 2021
i dont care about what other people willl say, but for me this is the best episode that i've ever seen in my life
Mar 1, 10:26 AM
Feb 2024
“It’s true that I’m old, but there’s something that stings about having it said to my face.”
“Sorry, old man.”
This anime will never NOT be iconic and I love everything about it πŸ˜‚

“After all, no one knows better than I do how frightening I can be.”
WATCHING FRIEREN FIGHT HERSELF WAS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE! THE ANIMATION WAS GORGEOUS! It’s a good plan and I hope it worked- we only saw her dart into battle, not finish it, but knowing them they’ll probably pull it off. What an awesome episode (*≧∀≦*)

“What about Heiter?”
“Today’s an off day for him. He’s hungover.”
“He’s dead.”
I’ve got to appreciate how they show the friend dynamics and how each character relates to each other so beautifully even when they’re in danger. Friend groups tend to joke around, but showing it in that kind of situation really shows what they were as a group and I think it’s amazing!
Mar 1, 10:29 AM

Mar 2023
Very good, the episode was too short
Mar 1, 10:32 AM

Jul 2017
The colors during that Frieren/Fern vs clone Frieren battle... it looked absolutely breathtaking and gorgeous to watch as a fight. It was a bit slow at the start and there were the cliches with including some backstory elements during a fight with Frieren and Serie's conversation there, but the whole collective worked very well together and the payoff was awesome, even if predictable. The music too was outstanding once again and complemented the intensity of the action and character moments there really well to make it something memorable. Can't say the stuff that happened in the episode was unpredictable but it was still great fun to watch for those 20+ minutes. The actual action looked great but what made the scene really great was that flashback cutaway to Frieren and Serie and discussing about Flamme's influence in creating a new era of mages and magic as a whole and the transition to Fern's Zoltraak made it stand out so much better than I would have expected from a lot of other series in comparison. It was interesting seeing the contrast in general with Serie and Frieren's views on magic, even if both have special admiration and perspectives on it. There is still definitely more to go though with this dungeon and it ain't over yet, but this was a gripping episode to watch even with a slow first few minutes of just mildly strategizing (even if that wasn't too complex by any means).
Mar 1, 10:37 AM

Apr 2019
I lowkey thought that her weakness would be a mimic XD, didn't expect there was an opening when she's casting a spell
Mar 1, 10:37 AM
Oct 2008
Clone Wars looks as good as JJK2. Also after that episode i am buying vinyl with soundtrack. Zoltraak is amazing (spell and song). Dead Heiter is always funny.
Mar 1, 10:44 AM
Oct 2021
I feel like I say this every episode, but this episode is my new favorite episode from the Awesome fight to the backstory during the fight, to them even coming up with a strategy to take down clone Frieren (even though I thinking it might still be alive) also just leaning that even Frieren has weakness and the fact she embarrassed by it. I love this anime so much.
Mar 1, 10:54 AM

Nov 2013
First time we see Frieren use "advanced" magic instead of basic attack spam.

Kind of sad hearing Serie's foreshadowing about the end of them both, by the hands of humans.
Mar 1, 10:55 AM
Feb 2020
the ending made my have an existential crisis
Mar 1, 11:12 AM
Sep 2016
The joke about freiren not wanting to show her weakness was cute, but I felt she would reveal that information right away, no matter how embarassing.That is why it kind of felt forced; IMO. The rest of the episode was fine, especially the flashback. I love seeing Serie not admitting to herself how much in reality she was fond of Flamme. Serie even remembered the little things, like Flamme's favourite spell; she really made a nice bond with her. I guess this coping mechanism is natural, taking into consideration Serie saw countless human beings wither to time. Now thinking about it, Frieren not absolutely shutting herself off and forming sincere relationships, despite Himmel's death, that she doesn't deny really speaks to how Himmel has changed her. That is why I think Freiren is more mature than Serie (despite the age difference).

Oh, and the suggestion Fern might someday surpass Freiren was really clear. You know, Serie saying "If anyone kills you, it will be either the Demon King or a human mage". I hope Fern isn't going to kill Freiren; that would be heartbreaking :<

The fight was animated well, I guess. I don't dig things like that. Those spells were really flashy, just like Freiren said some time ago. I want the series to go back to being more "uneventful" by which I mean fights are not the strongest suit of this anime.

Serie saying elves can postpone a decision by a millennium and then doing exactly that is really endearing (I'm talking about her becoming a teacher for imperial mages).
She was on point with all of her predictions, wasn't she?

The message about us humans having limited time was really poignant, I felt my own mortality in that moment. Scary.;

Lawine and Kanne, my favourite lesbians, got some screen time :3. Kanne is so useless in this dungeon that it is comical to me.

Mar 1, 11:13 AM

Jan 2011
You know a team is OP when they do a dungeon raid with their priest down and using the melee secondary DPS to off the boss :D

Also, imagine a team with both Himmel and Flamme on it, daymn... they would have taken over the world AFTER freeing it from the demons :D
AlexGKMar 1, 11:20 AM
Mar 1, 11:18 AM

Jan 2011
Reply to i_want_to_escape
The joke about freiren not wanting to show her weakness was cute, but I felt she would reveal that information right away, no matter how embarassing.That is why it kind of felt forced; IMO. The rest of the episode was fine, especially the flashback. I love seeing Serie not admitting to herself how much in reality she was fond of Flamme. Serie even remembered the little things, like Flamme's favourite spell; she really made a nice bond with her. I guess this coping mechanism is natural, taking into consideration Serie saw countless human beings wither to time. Now thinking about it, Frieren not absolutely shutting herself off and forming sincere relationships, despite Himmel's death, that she doesn't deny really speaks to how Himmel has changed her. That is why I think Freiren is more mature than Serie (despite the age difference).

Oh, and the suggestion Fern might someday surpass Freiren was really clear. You know, Serie saying "If anyone kills you, it will be either the Demon King or a human mage". I hope Fern isn't going to kill Freiren; that would be heartbreaking :<

The fight was animated well, I guess. I don't dig things like that. Those spells were really flashy, just like Freiren said some time ago. I want the series to go back to being more "uneventful" by which I mean fights are not the strongest suit of this anime.

Serie saying elves can postpone a decision by a millennium and then doing exactly that is really endearing (I'm talking about her becoming a teacher for imperial mages).
She was on point with all of her predictions, wasn't she?

The message about us humans having limited time was really poignant, I felt my own mortality in that moment. Scary.;

Lawine and Kanne, my favourite lesbians, got some screen time :3. Kanne is so useless in this dungeon that it is comical to me.

@i_want_to_escape You missed the best scene with the wrestling there :D
Mar 1, 11:34 AM

Mar 2021
Absolute fucking cinema!!!
Mar 1, 12:19 PM
Dec 2020
Isn't it unfair for all the participants of the dungeon that they have to engage with the clone of First Class Mage Invigilator Sense, when she specifically said that she won't get in their way?
Mar 1, 12:19 PM

Aug 2022
13 : 35 was insane.
Mar 1, 12:27 PM
May 2017
FERN: LET ME SOLO HER
Mar 1, 12:32 PM

Feb 2019
Weekly dose of peak fantasy. Madhouse as usual cooked here. πŸ™πŸΎ

Picking up where we ended last week, it’s time to discover Frieren weakness. Was kinda hoping it would be a mimic chest, but it’s still pretty funny that it’s something as simple as magic detection when casting a spell. While Frieren might seem unbeatable she’s got a rather glaring flaw, and it’s fitting her student is the perfect one to exploit it. It’s time for the student to become the master. Love how Frieren says she was just too embarrassed to admit that being her weakness πŸ˜‚

Whole time during the strategy meeting Lawline and Kanne are just doing their usual wrestling antics in the background. No idea how they’ve survived this long lmao

As usual a nice Himmel flashback. Frieren being reminded of all the times her party planned a boss fight. Heiter showing up to a raid hungover is hilarious.

It’s cool in the span of two students, Frieren and then her student, Fern, human magic has managed to equal if not surpass elven magic, fulfilling Flamme’s wish. Serie might have come off initially unfazed by her student’s death, but she clearly cared for her a lot in her own way and they just had different views on the development of magic. It truly is the age of humans now.

I feel like things are probably not gonna go exactly as planned though, that might not be the end of the Frieren clone.. excited for next week! Not a lot of action in this episode but it still went by so quick
Marinate1016Mar 1, 1:22 PM
Mar 1, 12:35 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to MegamiRem
Such a fatal flaw lol, which is a split second opening. Frieren being embarrassed about it was cute. The action animation was so flashy and good, madhouse killing it.

Love the Flamme related backstory we get every now and then. This time Serie and Frieren conversation about her, she changed the world for the humans with the use of magic and look how far they've come in only a thousand years.

Ending the episode with a cliffhanger, did Fern take down Frieren or not? Well gotta wait for next episode to find out.
@MegamiRem it can be a very fatal flaw if she will face against a mage who can lunch quick spells in that small time which is possible
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» A question about Himmel (spoiler)

ColourWheel - May 22

14 by im_amane »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Will Season 2 be just as good?

GoatPieceLuffy - May 22

33 by im_amane »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » "Sousou no Frieren" Adult Adaptation has been announced ( 1 2 )

deg - May 16

55 by Eresseah »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2023

233 by Phrometheus »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2023

275 by Vindicater »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.