Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Delicious in Dungeon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 1, 6:00 AM

Nov 2011
Lol a mimic. Honestly, this is a clsssic trope used in fantasy type of shows. They should know better not to fall for traps like that in the future. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

At least the party got to enjoy some delicious food again after all the trouble. Good luck to them on their future adventures.
Feb 1, 6:00 AM

May 2020
I mean yes, these adventurers who never had real combat experience in the dungeon could only know as much as they’ve heard this whole time. So yeah, when you’re new, you think you could overcome any hardship but that’s not how reality works. A very obvious trap with a treasure box and this new group was done for lol. Though hey, if it wasn’t for Laios and his sword, pretty sure our group would have fallen for the same trap…

… the treasure bug trap. Lmao, seeing bugs resembling treasures sure is something lol. Still, Senshi’s first course of action being that of identifying the edible bugs and indelible bugs was hilarious. He literally went and made snacks out of those bugs, and quite surprisingly everyone was okay with it this time. Guess, they’re getting used to it, even Marcille lol. Also, good to see they haven’t forgotten the main agenda of this adventure down into the dungeon, that is to save Falin.

Pretty fond memories everyone has for her, but when you see a bunch of spirits impersonating someone, you shouldn’t feel that way towards them.. to the spirits. Thumbs up to the holy water sort of, otherwise, they wouldn’t have got the chance to eat Sorbet. Though choose your words wisely man, Laios. Lol.
Feb 1, 6:04 AM

Dec 2021
Surviving on monster meals has kept their food budget in check, but they're still technically in debt. Tossing away actual treasure makes that reality even more disheartening.

Kabru, much like Laios, embarked on adventurous quests. His party delved into the depths of the dungeon, intent on exploration. While in the midst of their quest, Kabru and his companions stumbled upon a jewelry box amidst the possessions of vanquished zombies. The box held a trove of gold and silver treasures, sparking excitement within the group over their unexpected windfall. Unbeknownst to them, the true nature of the treasure revealed itself as a treasure insect—a deceptive monster camouflaging itself as precious jewelry and coins.

Lol, Senshi has been throwing away a bunch of real treasures over there. He could use that money to restock on spices or any other seasonings he needs. It actually makes sense. If ghosts can pass through walls, then sprinkling holy water from a bottle doesn't really do much. Imagine creating a container to hold spirits; someone could make a fortune in this era by selling spirits as air conditioners and refrigerators, lol.

Oh, and they even whipped up sorbet from bootleg holy water, using slime innards as makeshift pectin. I thought I've seen it all, but we're only on episode 5.

Feb 1, 6:07 AM

Nov 2010
The protagonist's ethics is broken as usual. Food has higher priority than his sister. (Though certain time has passed, is she still living?)
Feb 1, 6:57 AM

Feb 2021
Oohhh, these guys are about to discover the beauty of dungeon food. Definitely looking forward to that.

8:56 Left: "Front" Right: "Back"

9:00 Left: "Male" Right: "Female"

9:05 "Stomach" "Chest" "Head"

9:54 "Treasure insect nest jam", "Pearl centipede skewers", "Coin bug crackers"

Damn, this keeps having really interesting and unique monsters. These are the tastiest looking bugs I've ever seen.
SENSHI WHYYYY LMAO He really doesn't care about anything except monster food and managing the dungeon, does he?
12:20 剣 (ken) - "sword" + 助 (suke) - lit. "assistance; help; helper", a common ending for Japanese boys' names.

18:24 "Custom-made stateless/interfaith holy water"

Good episode. We finally got some more flashbacks for Falin and I really like her already. I wonder when will they actually save her though, I hope it's by the end of this cour, or this season at least.
EmbientFeb 1, 7:01 AM
Feb 1, 7:04 AM

Feb 2019
Reply to kuroneko99
The protagonist's ethics is broken as usual. Food has higher priority than his sister. (Though certain time has passed, is she still living?)
@kuroneko99 In an earlier episode, he did mention he has died a few times. So I believe she hasn't died yet but is trapped by the monster that ate her.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Feb 1, 7:39 AM

Jan 2009
we got to know more about falin so she is the best member of the group then
Feb 1, 7:44 AM

May 2015
This week : Bug Candy Sandwich and Blessed Water Sherbet !
Feb 1, 7:57 AM
Aug 2020
Another great episode

It was interesting some backstory with the sister.

The food was really special, i was really not hangry…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Feb 1, 8:23 AM

Jul 2017
For Kabru and his party, they're a group of people who take their adventuring seriously with every swipe of their weaponry. And Laios and his party finding them all unconscious, he has a problem where the coins and jewelry...were all Treasure Bugs, which thankfully, the monster within the sword responded to that call, saving them from harm. Senshi sorting them out like it's normal that seriously bugs Marcille out, he makes them a delicacy by making snacks, which Chilchuck had a taste outside, but that the dungeon offerings are better than what's sold outside the dungeon walls. Laios deciding to try one for himself with the sword that hides the monster companion, he thinks that he has a partner from that. And real the gems, Senshi threw them away like it's nothing...what the heck!?

Deep into the dungeon, they spot ghosts, and Laios within the midst of his Treasure Bug burger, has attracted their attention. Too bad that Falin wasn't around for them to deal with the apparitions, so while the closest has to be Marcille, Senshi has to create holy water to drive off the ghosts, by combining everything from monsters to customs to create it as such. With the risk that Laios, Chilchuck and Marcille will see their afterlife, Senshi does all he can to drive them away with the jar of holy water. And in the midst of remembering Falin, they can't blame her for all of their trouble, and can only follow up on her wishes. That, and after the exorcism, the fusion with ghosts...create delicious ice cream sorbet, but that Laios mentioning what Falin said, he sure said a wrong description of words that landed him to the friendless situation he is now.

Everything has its silver lining, not without the person!
Feb 1, 8:40 AM

Mar 2021
Great episode as usual the food looked really good
Feb 1, 8:40 AM

Jul 2016
Babe you ok? You've barely touched your treasure borgar

(Ngl tho it's cool how the mimic is the treasure itself instead of the chest for once)

Swinging a jar of "holy water" at ghosts is my new favorite recipe for anything ever, let alone one for ice cream.
Feb 1, 8:41 AM

Jan 2022
Dungeon Meshi Episode 5

• Introduced new characters with good designs that instantly got wiped out after a few minutes.
  • It is amazing how they can make everything look fun like dying and killing.
  • Senshi is always reliable in any circumstance besides cooking. For example, he concocted holy water for the ghosts, and unexpectedly created an ice cream from it.
  • Mercile with bangs
  • Falin is chilling inside the dragon's stomach, while her brother enjoys good food with his weird parasitic sword.

memori01Feb 1, 8:56 AM
Feb 1, 8:50 AM
Jan 2024
I would eat the treasure burger and the coin crackers

The centipede necklace deserves to be paste, though, not food.
Feb 1, 8:52 AM

Dec 2016
Meh.

It's kinda getting pretty repetitive for me. They kill a monster, they eat it, move a few steps rinse and repeat.

Yeah, sure, the whole world building is kinda fascinating. But it's still just that, world building, something that it ADDS ON to the main plot or to the characters' growth. And so far for me, this show isn't as endearing/enjoyable as Campfire Cooking was neither as impressive as Frieren in character writing, action nor world building.
Feb 1, 9:37 AM

Jul 2017
World building was solid with the use of treasures being insects (and sources of food for the episode), feels like anything in this world can be food without limits with how the series has established itself within just the first five episodes. But the episode felt boring and was such a grind to get through. Without the world building and unique nature of some of the creatures involved, it has been extremely dry to watch and somehow, the show is getting old quickly despite having some unique and good elements to it. Characters were boring too here and the interactions in general are getting too stale fast.
Feb 1, 9:51 AM

Mar 2021
Bahaha the party got so used to Senshi's monster cooking that they just assumed the treasure was insects!! XD

I hope we see more of Kabru soon, along with the original party members, the OP made them seem more important :P

Chilchuck: worried about eating ghost gunk
Marcille: worried about what holy water will do to organs
Senshi: worried about how much sugar he's consuming

Priorities :)

Also, Laios being the worst/realest brother XD
Feb 1, 9:54 AM
Jul 2016
This was a fun episode. I like how they use leftover ingredients as callbacks to previous episodes (aka the slime shavings from episode 1). It's a really fun way to transition between recipes.

This was such an interesting way to use fantasy creatures. Like the treasure bugs (the food actually looks kind of disgusting - like putting jellybeans on a sandwich). The multi-cultural holy water was hilarious, and it actually worked lol. Then it becomes ice cream???

Fan favorite character Kabru makes his first appearance! (Some folks on Twitter were complaining that his eyes were blue, rather than brown. I don't really know what his eye color in the manga was other than black and white lol. Apparently he's named after Mt. Kabru, which is located between India and Nepal. So he's supposed to be coded as southeast Asian.) Anyway, Kabru!!!
Feb 1, 10:04 AM
Jul 2019
With today's episode showing how important and beloved Falin was, it made me want to rescue her. Even I'm missing Falin. :D
Feb 1, 10:15 AM
Aug 2018
Marcille doesn't get paid enough
Feb 1, 11:08 AM

Dec 2022
wow now gold can become food if that world had internet the gold monster would be a meme about trust issues

anyway the last part when he joked about his sister felt a little too personal i often pick bad times to make jokes on bad situations like this no one laughs at them though
Feb 1, 11:28 AM

Feb 2019
Ngl this is like the first time the food didn’t look appealing at all to me. I’d have to be pretty close to death to eat bugs, especially ones that look like coins and jewellery lol. That coin bug burger didn’t look appetising in the least, but if Marcille liked it.. must have been decent

Like that we got to meet some new characters. Too bad they didn’t last long. I’d really be interested in getting more of the original party members and more Falin flashbacks. Seems like the party dynamic was so lively and fun with her.

Speaking of Falin, without her you’ve gotta deal with evil spirits in the dungeon somehow.. making sorbet is definitely an original way of doing that. Idk how I feel about coin bug sorbet.. but it worked out in the end and protected them.

Laios gotta work on his phrasing though 😂 almost made it seem like he was happy his sister’s gone. Of course he just meant that without her being gone they’d never have met senshi and had the experiences they’re having now so it’s not all bad.
Marinate1016Feb 1, 11:37 AM
Feb 1, 11:46 AM

Feb 2014
If you ask me if coins were edible, I would've thought of them as chocolate coins, which are yummy, but seeing those coins, as well as the other jewelry, as actual bugs was definitely interesting. I did laugh at Marcille's reaction to this as well.

Despite all of this, Senshi still made food out of them. The burger looked like it was filled with colourful gummy sweets to me, so I can't deny that it looked tasty. Also, it was typical of Senshi to only mention that the inedible stuff was actual jewelry only after Marcille and Chilchuck threw it into the deep abyss. XD

The encounter with the ghosts was also interesting, partially because it made the party reminisce about Falin, but also because of how Senshi made makeshift holy water and swatted them about, which led to a nice sorbet.

Although it was only for a short while, it was nice to see perspective of this episode focusing on another group, led by Kabru, and how they handled things before they sadly met their demise. Considering how easy it is to be revived in this world without little to no issues, I have hope that we'll see his group again at some point. =)
Feb 1, 11:47 AM

Jun 2023
other fantasy series deals with ghosts by casting a protection spell, exorcism,prayer etc... Senshi be like DIY holy water (wosh wosh swinging a jar of holy water).
and there is something that has been bothering me his sister is dead right? and they are trying to retrieve her corpse to revive her it's not like she is alive inside the dragon right?
I dont know why this happened it may be cause of i didn't pay attention to the first ep because i thought this anime isn't worth it but guess what I was wrong
tensaikoudakishiFeb 1, 11:52 AM
Feb 1, 11:53 AM
Jan 2018
Reply to kuroneko99
@kuroneko99 she’s dead they are going to get her body
Feb 1, 11:57 AM
Jan 2018
Reply to tensaikoudakishi
other fantasy series deals with ghosts by casting a protection spell, exorcism,prayer etc... Senshi be like DIY holy water (wosh wosh swinging a jar of holy water).
and there is something that has been bothering me his sister is dead right? and they are trying to retrieve her corpse to revive her it's not like she is alive inside the dragon right?
I dont know why this happened it may be cause of i didn't pay attention to the first ep because i thought this anime isn't worth it but guess what I was wrong
@tensaikoudakishi yes his sister is dead and they are travelling to where the dragon is to get her body to revive her.
Feb 1, 11:58 AM
Jun 2021
tensaikoudakishi said:
his sister is dead right? and they are trying to retrieve her corpse to revive her it's not like she is alive inside the dragon right?

Falin is dead, however Senshi said in episode 1 iirc that the red dragon has a very slow metabolism so their plan is to get to the dragon, kill it, and revive Falin's remains
Feb 1, 12:02 PM

Aug 2023
@tensaikoudakishi glad you are liking this anime
Feb 1, 12:15 PM

May 2018
"Exorcism sorbet to drive away evil" - this show is killing me with laughter.
Feb 1, 12:37 PM
May 2021
Great epp, food acc looks good hahaa
Feb 1, 1:01 PM
Jul 2015
I laughed so much. Great episode!
Feb 1, 2:02 PM

Jan 2011
This format is getting a little boring but I can't say I hate the dialogue and interactions we get from our main cast.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Feb 1, 2:18 PM

Jul 2014
I'm getting very close to dropping this show to be honest. Were it not two-cour - which suggests the possibility of changing from these tedious episodic cooking adventures - I'd have given up already.

I'm really just hoping the show can actually mix things up in an interesting way at some point to make it worth sticking with.
Feb 1, 4:04 PM

Nov 2020
Marcille's reaction to those worm corals was done perfectly. Worms as valuables? another creative monster to eat, I love it. I didn't expect how Senshi would use holy water, using ghosts as a fridge to make ice cream? simply great. Laios is such an idiot haha, I thought it would be serious but it was completely different, it was the funniest episode. The best anime of the season imo
Feb 1, 4:07 PM

Nov 2010
@Hesmiyu, @Mattinator95
Mattinator95 said:
she’s dead they are going to get her body
It never occured to me: "to eat sister's dead body with thanks". I'll give you honorable "Joke of the Season" title.
Feb 1, 4:08 PM

Nov 2020
Reply to kuroneko99
@kuroneko99 the point is that she is already dead but this type of dragon digests slowly so they have time to save her and resurrect her
Feb 1, 4:12 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I thought for a second we were changing POV to a new party kinda like Handyman Saitou but they were merely the guinea pigs for the main sister rescuing gang to stumble upon and learn from lol, perhaps we’ll see them again in the future tho. But man those bugs were creepy, this just makes me never knew want to touch anything in fear that it’s a bug lol, but once Marcille came in contact with one it was all over, I feel that lol. And as always Senshi makes a grand feast out of them and it’s a hit, rip to the real money that was tossed tho.

And the ghosts encounter was actually pretty spooky, loved the designs for the ghosts and the way they possess someone added to the spookiness, thankfully we had Senshi and his improvised holy water to save the gang, and somehow ended up making ice cream in the process lol, only Senshi could manage that. And it was also here the gang learned an important lesson, and it’s that they need to try and do things without Laios’ sister who used to do a lot for them, poor Laios chose the wrong words afterward tho when he tried to point out the silver lining to the situation lol.
Feb 1, 4:21 PM

Nov 2020
Reply to Atavistic
I'm getting very close to dropping this show to be honest. Were it not two-cour - which suggests the possibility of changing from these tedious episodic cooking adventures - I'd have given up already.

I'm really just hoping the show can actually mix things up in an interesting way at some point to make it worth sticking with.
@Atavistic this is an anime about cooking in dungeons, it's about creative use of dungeons for cooking and comedy, I don't know what you expect but if you don't like it then drop it and that's it
Feb 1, 4:37 PM

Nov 2023
Mimic loot, now that's something.

It was a nice episode; we got to see a new group who died in the first five minutes, but hey, Laios and his party got a nice meal out of it.

I liked how we got to see more of Falin and her character when she was still alive.
Feb 1, 4:47 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Another great episode. Was excited to see them eat the coin bugs and watching them throw away the actual gems was sad, but I laughed as senshi doesn’t care about things like that. I was wondering why they were inedible as well until he told us 😂 them making ice cream with the ghosts at the very end was fantastic 🍨🤣👏 this show never fails to keep you on your toes with all the different monster dishes. Can’t wait for next weeks episode
Feb 1, 5:34 PM

Mar 2019
Fried coin insect? I wanted to eat too, yummy, yummy! 🪙
Feb 1, 5:56 PM

Jul 2016
They sure went far and beyond with the color palette for the jewel-like bug dishes. They looked so colorful and pretty!
Also nice to see how Falin was when alive.
Feb 1, 5:58 PM

Feb 2008
Well it wasn't really the greatest episode I thought the main character was switcing out on the first part but then I got fooled .
It still was a decent episode we know more about the other characters and so on.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 1, 6:01 PM

Mar 2007
I thought it was obvious that the leftover "non edible" treasure was actually real treasure, but that doof Chilchuk dropped it ... ROFL.

The sorbet looks delicious though. Wow.
Feb 1, 6:16 PM

Sep 2020
The one frame where chilchuck looks like dobby
Feb 1, 6:26 PM
Oct 2019
Marcille reaction is me for the entire episode LMAO

I hear Rie Takahashi voice, too bad her character already dead.
Are those people can still be revived?
I want to know how does this revive spell work?
Feb 1, 7:25 PM
Apr 2023
The Treasure Bugs are technically like some things from the "mimic" class of beings, instead of just the treasure chest being monsters, they are individual bugs that look like gold or jewelry. That's pretty interesting.
And finally Falin had more lines. I pretty much miss Hayami Saori's voice.
Feb 1, 8:40 PM

Sep 2018
This show continues to impress and surprise me with it's cool twists on fantasy tropes, and the way they are turned into food lol
Feb 1, 8:45 PM

Mar 2020
The ice cream looks really tasty.

Laios-kun named his pet sword Kensuke.

I hope Falin-san is really alive please.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Feb 1, 9:50 PM
Oct 2018
Eating treasure insects and holy water sorbet. I am so curious of the taste I kind of wish I was there.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OtterBoy1 - May 30

83 by Lollipop975 »»
2 hours ago

» I am sure you all must have noticed it, but didn't pay any mind

Yeshaiah2015yesh - May 30

20 by Merve2Love »»
Yesterday, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11

86 by yezzy-Unofficial »»
Yesterday, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

valoon - Aug 5, 2023

263 by clairess »»
Jun 2, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21

152 by Kartogamo »»
Jun 2, 11:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.