Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 18, 2023 6:42 AM

Nov 2011
Interesting episode although this one had more psychological impact than the usual spy action. Of course, Anya's personailty is still very catchy this episode.

Also enjoyed seeing the Loid and Anya moments this episode. Yor still plays her role very well although she is aware of the dangers on that ship. Seems every second of their time counts in this conflict and I find it quite thrilling.
Nov 18, 2023 6:43 AM

Dec 2021
It's unlikely that Yor will find it easy to quit. In many works, departing from organizations of that nature is typically depicted as a challenging thing—similarly for Loid.

Loid tries to select souvenirs with the aim of presenting himself as a cheerful and entertaining father to uplift Anya's spirits. Meanwhile, Yor engages in a confrontation with Sickle-and-Chain Barnaby. Emerging from the fitting room, Loid sports a flamboyant ensemble of attire and accessories, convinced that he has successfully achieved his objective. However, much to his astonishment, Anya remains unmoved and deems him uncool. Meanwhile, Yor rejoins the group, having left Barnaby stranded in a seat.

Now, I'm genuinely interested by that war. If memory serves me right, the last mention of it was in the Bond arc when Loid expressed his commitment to safeguarding the future of every child or something along those lines. Franky wasn't initially a fan of spending time with the dog until he discovered it's an effortless way to attract girls. Meanwhile, Loid remains perennially concerned. The poor guy truly deserves a break now and then. Anya is simply too adorable and amusing; she made a valiant effort to evade Twilight. The golfing incident had me laughing.

Anya's expression when she completely forgot her mission, coupled with Loid's reaction, was absolutely perfect.

Nov 18, 2023 6:43 AM

May 2020
Loved it when Anya went 200 iq, and pretended she didn’t know Yor, moreover calling her the circus lady lol. But at the end of the day, it was that which gave Yor the freedom to go all out and ultimately put that bearded man with chains in his place.

They really do well when it comes to animating and bringing out the very best of any of Yor’s outings with the bad people. She might have hesitated a bit during the fight, but she made it. On the other hand, I REALLY DO FEEL SORRY for Loid lmaoooooo. Man literally did everything a normal father would have(according to his thought process), but in the end, “HE WAS JUST LAAAAAME”.

Yor having conflicting emotions over her job might have hit her a bit late, but it’s true she can’t seem to figure why she’s continuing to do so anymore. Pretend family or not but she cares enough about Anya and Loid at this point that she doesn’t want to trouble them in any shape or form. She would find answers eventually, so be it that way… anyways, Loid should seriously stop getting so serious over his “inability” to understand Anya lol.

Now things would get more serious next episode with Yor vs All.
Nov 18, 2023 7:29 AM
Sep 2021
This time we get to focus on anya and loid, and they are experiencing their journey doing physical activity, reading and having good food in the ship.
Nov 18, 2023 7:39 AM

Feb 2021
I'm loving the focus on Yor and her thoughts. Will she stop being an assasin by the end of this arc? (this is a rhetorical question, pls don't answer)
And Loid and Anya's adventures are so damn hilarious and wholesome.
There were some really well-animated and well-drawn moments this episode.
Nov 18, 2023 8:03 AM

Jul 2011
Such stylish man, Loid while wearing all the souvenir apparel.

Loid having a internal monologue about child raising at dawn.

At least Anya is enjoying the trip.
Nov 18, 2023 8:10 AM
Oct 2023
I was excited to see what kinda outfit fashion lord Loid would come up with, sasuga Loid I guess

Yors fight was amazing too
Nov 18, 2023 8:26 AM

Jul 2017
A slow-burn buildup episode in this arc but a good one again. This arc has been such a breath of fresh air compared to the staleness this series has delivered since the first cour, of season 1 seeing Loid explore his own faults with his parenting and how in that aspect he has to observe and grow to be better for that role. Good cliffhanger too at the end there, feels like shit is about to kick off at a fitting setting and time with the fireworks show at night. Want more of Yor's character to shine and see how she tackles inner conflicts she has developed between her priorities, whether she truly values her assassin job in the long run or developing something real with her 'family' and have progress go to that more, as she is on a job that will seem to be more chaotic with the next episode onwards. The pacing in general has been a little slow but by no means boring for this particular arc, which again, is a refreshing change from my opinions that I have had with the series from S1 Cour 2 onwards.
Nov 18, 2023 8:50 AM

Oct 2017
Yor badass and good to have more focus on herself. It's been a pleasure watching her grow as a character. Poor Loid though.
Nov 18, 2023 9:07 AM
May 2021
This is literally the best arc bro 😂
Nov 18, 2023 9:11 AM
Jul 2023
Joseph’s “Oh my god” reference is top tier.
Nov 18, 2023 9:11 AM

Mar 2021
Am loving this cruise ship arc so far its just so good can't wait to see what happens next week
Nov 18, 2023 9:24 AM
Oct 2016
Yor facing this man with a sickle on a chain right in front of a large crowd of people. Anya being very clutch saying out loud that this must be a circus performance. Yor looked awesome fighting off this brutal looking assassin and in front of such a large crowd of civilians. Anya doing anything she can to help her mama. Yor taking this in stride and wrapping this sickle assassin up with his own chains. We see her hesitation during this fight, of not wanting to get hurt and possibly blow her cover to Loid and Anya. Yor has begun to value the family unit very much and is even wondering why she's being an assassin anymore. This arc provides much contemplation for Yor since she wishes to be spending time with Loid and Anya instead of working fighting other assassins. Anya meanwhile trying her best to lose Loid and help Yor. But any activity she chooses Loid can just make it go by so quickly that Anya doesn't have a chance to leave. She even started enjoying herself through the activities and let too much time pass. Loid is continually stumped as to how he can have Anya enjoy the cruise since her facial expressions aren't helping. Anya just wants to help Yor without Loid finding anything out. Maybe she can under the cover of this fireworks show on the top deck.
Nov 18, 2023 9:26 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Using a flail as his weapon of choice sure is unusual for an assassin. Bit extreme for a circus act but whatever works i guess. But wow Yor's counteratack sure was impressive. More than anything this mission shows well the conflict that marriage and family life has with her role as an assassin. Meanwhile Anya and Loid are also having a unique time with their holiday. Looks like next week with the defection is gonna be the climax encounter.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2023 9:28 AM

Nov 2016
Loid hypothetically being able to solve the puzzle in 2 minutes is by far the most impressive feat. Grumpy Anya may be one of my favorite Anya's.

Fun episode yet again, can't wait for shit to go down.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 18, 2023 9:30 AM

Jan 2018
The way Anya and Yor handled the fight scene in the beginning was spectacular.

It seems Yor is reevaluating her priorities. I think this is the first time she has been on a serious mission like this since she became a Forger and also the first time she seriously thought about her family. I think it's a very important moment for her.

I can't tell if Loid got nerfed or something. It's tragic how he keeps fumbling things and becomes lamer and lamer.

Can't wait for the next episode cause it looks like the conclusion to this arc.
Nov 18, 2023 9:31 AM
Apr 2020
Good development with the cruise ship arc. Yor managed to deal with the ice pick enemy with relative ease as expected with her along with the help of Anya to cover up the battle as a circus show. Anya wants to help Yor but she kept struggling with getting Loid distracted due to how cracked he is so ended up 'wasting' the day but at least she'll be able to see the fireworks with Papa and maybe even Mama. Looks like we're reaching the climax of this arc so looking forward to next week.
Nov 18, 2023 9:32 AM

Aug 2022
Yor wasn't the only one handing out some serious blows in this episode. Anya delivered some emotional damage to Loid, and she pulled it off with finesse—telling him it's because she misses Yor, which is technically true. Thank goodness for her mind-reading skills, right? That outfit Loid wore was just next-level xD

Sickle-and-Chain Barnaby just had the fear of god put into him, and honestly, who can blame the guy? Yor's latest terrifying expression was something else XD

It's refreshing to finally get a peek into Yor's thoughts about the whole Forger Family cover and understand her current motivations. The contrast with Loid's struggles to comprehend Anya adds a hilarious yet wholesome layer to the story.

And let's talk about Franky using Bond as his wingman. His love quest never fails to entertain me—what a character!

Can't wait for the fireworks episode!
Nov 18, 2023 9:43 AM

Jan 2023
Why is it that when Loid said “Oh my god!” in English did neuron activation occur? Well that’s something I didn’t think I’d hear on a Saturday morning but I guess I needed it hah.

Thanks to Anya pulling a big brain move and saying that it’s a street performance act (is it? or is it a hallway performance act hahaha…), Yor was able to incapacitate Barnaby because it’s Yor, he had no chance of winning whatsoever. I can’t help but laugh at Loid’s misfortunes when it comes to him and Anya sometimes, the poor man is trying his best to maintain a relatively normal father image with what he thinks than Anya just calls him “LAME” with zero hesitation.

Really glad that the war was looked into just a little bit and how it shaped virtually everything and everyone since then. Now that Yor can take a break from fighting for a little bit, it changes the focus on her and her motivations on the Assassin life, since she used to do it to secure money for Yuri in their childhood but there’s no need now that Yuri is grown up. What is her new motive to continue.. begs the question. It is becoming increasingly clear that she cares deeply for Anya and Yor, pretend family or not.

Someone get Franky- actually no, it’s funny to see him being the butt of the romance jokes. I imagined Anya would sound more angry and irritated instead of a mix between adorable and angry. It’s sweet to dive into the rather silly relationship between Anya and Loid, yet feels incomplete without Yor. Anya's hangry face coupled with a shocked Loid is hilarious. YESSS, THE NEW DRESS IS HERE FOR YOR

As the signal is given and Yor moves out to get them to the rendezvous, the assassins begin to close in..
Great episode, super excited to see the next hehehe. Have a super Spy x Family saturday :)
BitChillyNov 18, 2023 1:09 PM
Nov 18, 2023 10:01 AM
Aug 2020
it was a great episode

funny,great action scenes

i love it
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 18, 2023 10:12 AM

Jan 2009
i like that yor is questioning what she is doing all this for lol good one yor i hope you choose your pretend family in the end

also yor knows the death touch the ultimate martial arts technique eh cool

fear of the unknown is the one fear to rule them all for sure
Nov 18, 2023 10:24 AM

Aug 2022
I love Loid and Anya so much! They were really funny this episode! Also the fight between Yor and that guy was great.
Nov 18, 2023 10:27 AM

Feb 2021
This episode felt like it was only 5 minutes long...

It seems next episode they will adapt the ending of volume 8
Nov 18, 2023 10:53 AM
Oct 2021
lol the golf bit was hilarious. loving this cruise ship arc
Nov 18, 2023 10:57 AM

May 2019
Poor Loid doing everything he can and he thinks that Anya isn't happy with him lol. Meanwhile it appears that Yor is questioning herself with what she's doing. If it comes down between choosing her family or continuing doing this dangerous work I hope she picks the family as she could alway do something less dangerous (I think her brother would agree to that too).
Nov 18, 2023 11:01 AM

Feb 2019
Aw, that scene of Yor getting emotional and thinking about what her purpose in doing this job is was really sweet. She’s such a kind and considerate person. She’s talented at what she does and one of the best, but you can tell her heart really isn’t in it. I hope she one day can find an out and just live her life as she wants to.

Some cute daddy daughter bonding with Loid and Anya. Poor Loid thinks Anya isn’t content with spending time with him, when in reality she’s just worried about Yor and wants to help.

Loving this arc so far. Looks like things are going to get even wilder next week since the communications got hacked into and the enemy knows what Yor and Co are planning. Also new blonde waifu? Sign me up.

People who wrote this season off are crazy.
Nov 18, 2023 11:23 AM

Nov 2013
Another great episode. Next one's gonna be action-packed!
Nov 18, 2023 12:02 PM

Jul 2022
RIGHT NOW SHIT IS ABOUT TO GO DOWN I CAN FEEL IT IN MY BONES
Nov 18, 2023 12:08 PM
May 2019
Anya is hilarious lol "I fell for Papa's trap and ended up wasting time and now it's dinner time. Actually, I ended up forgetting about Mama and just enjoyed myself!" 🤣
Nov 18, 2023 12:12 PM

May 2015
Anya is real star :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 18, 2023 12:17 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Anya came in the clutch as Yor's fight with the assassin became a street performance to onlookers forming a crowd around them. Yor's is questioning her line of work as an assassin as she struggles to maintain her cover with Anya and Loid still on the ship. Poor Loid can't figure out why Anya is mad at him as he's struggling to have a good time on the cruise. Less than 20 hours until the ship reaches its rendezvous point, but the enemy is closing in on Yor's location. The cat and mouse game on the cruise ship continues.
Nov 18, 2023 1:06 PM

Apr 2021

In the german sub they put the subtitles to the top for this scene, so that the visual jokes works better.

I really love this arc and interconnected storyline in an limited space. It sounds so simple but I'm incredibly entertained^^
Nov 18, 2023 3:29 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
The 2 highlights of the episode for me were Yor's "performance" and Loid cool outfit. Gotta love how devoted the man is to keep Anya happy even if he doesn't know about Yor's mission.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Nov 18, 2023 3:45 PM
Feb 2015
Absolutely loving that Anya x Loid dynamic more and more aahahhahaah
Really hoping that nothing bad happens tho, even if some people might be like it'd be nice if Yor was actually losing for once I'd still want her mission to go down without any casualties to her clients, tho I feel like that blonde guy could potentially get killed, still hoping that doesn't happen
Nov 18, 2023 4:25 PM

Feb 2020
Mais um bom episódio da filhota de espião

Nov 18, 2023 5:03 PM

Apr 2022
a better episode compared to the previous ones. yor is just never not hot in that dress and loid's outfit was something to marvel at as well lol. anya's golf rage was hilarous. gotta respect zeb for sticking with them, franky with his funny moment too.
Nov 18, 2023 5:04 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Yor ended up beating kunai with chain pretty quickly after Anya helped make the fight seem like a street performance which is exactly what I thought would happen, and poor Loid is fighting a different battle with Anya the entire time which is very fun to watch lol, I’m glad she did end up expressing that she misses her mom to him which probably helped with the absolute confusion she was causing him.

I also liked the reflection on why Yor is doing what she’s doing, really she doesn’t have to do it anymore when you consider her original reason for doing it but you could argue what she’s doing is a good cause, albeit brutal lol, so I have a feeling that could be what keeps her doing it but we’ll have to wait and see to find that out. And lastly, Loid saying “Oh my god” in English definitely takes me back to Jojo lol, in the near future I’d love to rewatch it all.
TheColonel76Nov 18, 2023 5:08 PM
Nov 18, 2023 6:19 PM

Jul 2017
Yor vs. the assailant, Anya is precocious to notice it, yet make it like a circus affair so that people won't get suspicious, and indeed, everyone on site found it amusing. And as for Loid, Anya putting him in every clothing and available...it's too lame lols. While the trail continues for the Fletcher family, Anya looks too tired using too much of her esper powers, while Yor, the bodyguard and both mother and son are fine, which that said, they need to be extra careful from now on. Yor's heavy footsteps thinking that this mission could clearly jeopardize her family mission, indeed, what is this mission for her?

20 hours to rendezvous, and Franky is petsitting Bond, though with a woman, he would say no. Even Loid feels that his family task will burst its bubble soon, but through it all, will excel even with difficulties in his path. As the 2nd day passes by, both father and pesudo-daughter have their own plans and the latter must do all she can to distract Loid while halping out Yor, any plan works...but Anya herself always ended up being distracted the most. The expressions say it the most, and Anya tries to allay Loid's fears.

The rendezvous point is set, and Yor prepared to move out the same time as the enemies do. What will be the outcome of that?
Nov 18, 2023 7:00 PM

Dec 2018
Not so hype as the previous episode. That guy suddenly lose his killing touch in a few minutes and he's done.... Loid 'oh my god' isn't perfect, but it's still funny why he still think negative about Anya thinking 🤣 when Anya talk about mother, that when he knew why Anya in 'bad' mood expression even she did enjoying.

Nov 18, 2023 7:02 PM
Mar 2015
Our gril is able to fight off the bad guys with Anya's help Both Yor and Twilight are having self-doubts
Nov 18, 2023 7:06 PM
Oct 2023
Pertarungannya seru banget, dibikin tegang sekaligus lucu, kesalahpahaman loid sama anya, bener bener hubungan yang istimewa, semoga forger family bisa menikmati kapal pesiarnya bersama-sama.
Nov 18, 2023 7:21 PM

Dec 2009
Damn it! The next Episode (E33) is the best most action packed moment of the franchise. So close!

Chapter 48-50 now covered.

... I forgot how Yor questioned her assassin job during this point, but I also forget why she decided to continue.
Nov 18, 2023 9:15 PM

Feb 2016
The scene of Yor running towards the guy with the chained weapon was way cooler in the manga. Her hair looks like both rabbit ears and demon horns, here in the anime that detail was almost unnoticeable.

Btw the Director and Franky are the best male characters in this by far lmao (Yor is the best female ofc).
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Nov 18, 2023 9:25 PM

Sep 2018
I was a little skeptical at the beginning of the season, but it's picking up again, especially with it's comedy.
Nov 18, 2023 9:58 PM
Jun 2007
"Circus" performance, Anya trying to distract Loid but ended up got distracted...
Nov 18, 2023 11:10 PM

Oct 2014
Episode 7 and still no signs of Fiona. When is the best girl going to appear?
Nov 19, 2023 12:46 AM

Sep 2020
Great episode once again. 5/5
Nov 19, 2023 1:25 AM
Dec 2022
Yor can take out any bad characters. Anya is just being a kid when her plans to distract dad ends up distracting herself.
Nov 19, 2023 3:26 AM
May 2021
anya adventures are cool i guess yors fight was pretty lit and loid carrying like always.
Nov 19, 2023 3:50 AM
Nov 2019
aksi keren mama yor membunuh lawan
My Candies :
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Season 3 announced!

Marinate1016 - Yesterday

8 by inumakisz »»
1 hour ago

» Season 3 is real!!!!

Dbagas8 - Yesterday

11 by Falcon07 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

195 by Daycho »»
Today, 2:51 AM

» New Season

Maitha114 - Jun 3

6 by SecretTechnique »»
Today, 1:17 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2023

185 by nickehhhhhh »»
Jun 2, 1:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.