Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 7, 2023 6:57 AM

Jul 2017
Nishimura sporting a new hairstyle with her pigtails, she has ascended into cuteness once again with the new September semester. Kitagawa is back to his casual bullying, though Takada is the same as ever, and at least she is now smiling more than ever.

The pleasure of the clueless friend to sit next to Nishimura, and there's more fun to be had. With the new semester, the class reps will have to be chosen, and while Kitagawa chooses Nishimura, it's obvious that Takada will follow up with that, and Kasahara is losing her chance to be paired up with him, which her inclusion causes a rift between the Grim Reaper and the clueless friend. Kasahara literally made a mistake by volunteering herself, and Takada will always follow Nishimura, so she has little choice. And trying to play the popular card there, she dug her grave even further because Takada just shoved himself to her, and throughout much debate, the two girls are chosen instead. Nice try Kasahara, but your gamble failed.

Umi Adachi trying to talk with Nishimura about Dai-chan, and it's clear that she fancies Hino to ask of his likes, and this is another pairing just waiting to happen lols. The childhood friend trope exists between Hino and Adachi, though Nishimura is okay to help her out. And of all people, Kitagawa has to show up and make Adachi uncomfortable, which the chad has to come in just at the right time and both allay and divert the situation, just like his usual. Hino's surprise party, and Takada will always allow if Nishimura is around anyways. With that, the Grim Reaper has made another friend, and for the better.

Of course, the dense Takada doesn't know how to handle Kasahara's love enquiries, so he feels left out because of her tease. Though raising this question towards the Grim Reaper herself, while she is in momentary shock, does it look like Takada is taking the hint sooner? I definitely hope so.
May 7, 2023 7:02 AM

Dec 2022
well akane-san became a class rep and i thought taiyo-kun would totally ask to go out
May 7, 2023 7:09 AM

Feb 2021
Damn, these kids going around and falling in love in elementary school... I want to fall in love too
May 7, 2023 7:15 AM
Sep 2021
A new semester has started, new characters, new encounters and takada doesn't know himself that he loves nishimura.
May 7, 2023 7:36 AM

Mar 2021
Nishimura looked so cute in her twintails I love how flustered she gets when Takada compliments her
May 7, 2023 7:44 AM

Feb 2020
Too much diabetes again T-T

Great to see Umi-chan in this episode. I liked that Umi-chan and Nishimura-san get along together. The friendships are growing. Kasahara-san trying to be a class rep to be close to Takada but ending up as a class rep too! HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Kitagawa-kun: approaches Nishimura-san
Takada-kun: I'm about to destroy this whole man's career.

May 7, 2023 7:54 AM
Mar 2021
Takada is such a mastermind instead of being a clueless in the new semester. XD

We also get Hino x Adachi as secondary couple. XD

After credit.... Takada wants a kiss heck yeah. Calm down, Takada. Don't rush that fast or I'll get diabetes. XD

1000000/10
May 7, 2023 7:55 AM

Dec 2020
They’re are choosing the new class rep fo this semester and that’s nice that nishimura and kitagawa now the class rep i hope they cam get friends and she stops with bullying.
Adachi a friend of daichi wants to give him something for his birthday.
The end scene after the ED was wholesome.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 7, 2023 8:36 AM

May 2015
Yeah, yeah, wholesome and all, but Takada-kun exagerrated "cluelessness", his inability to read social clues doesn't make it wholesome at all in the end. Nishimura never gets defended by him because he puts in effort to break the class hierarchy or goes against the overwhelming peer-pressure, he is shown simply as an idiot again and again. And because of that I never feel that he really stands up for her, there is no protectiveness or encouragement in his actions just simple-mindedness. After a few episodes it gets tiresome.
IshitatesoMay 7, 2023 8:52 AM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
May 7, 2023 9:57 AM

Oct 2011
brilliant move, Kasahara-san... now Takada wants to kiss her, XD
May 7, 2023 10:25 AM

May 2021
how is this getting cuter and more wholesome with each episode?
May 7, 2023 10:38 AM

Feb 2019
“I can have nishimura all to myself” awwwwwwwwwww Takada is just too much

The takada and nishimura stuff was cute but I liked Nishimura making her first girl friend the most.

Kasahara trying to become class rep to get closer to takada only to get paired up with Nishimura is hilarious. She’s so jealous 😂 Don’t worry Takada, you have plenty of time to kiss and hold hands. No need to rush!
Marinate1016May 7, 2023 10:42 AM
May 7, 2023 10:55 AM

Jan 2021
Akane with a new hairstyle and Takada loves it. Damn that was a lot of quarrel about who's gonna be the class rep since Sumire loves Takada as well.

I'm glad that Akane managed to make a new friend and even helped her out to choose a present for Hino's birthday. I'm sure Umi will be a nice friend. Sumire coming along saying that Akane and Takada aren't friends if they don't kiss or whatever, which is just weird. Takada ofcourse took it by heart and said if he can kiss Akane lmao but they're just friends even though he felt his heart skip a beat. Although the relationship between Akane and Takada has been wholesome.
May 7, 2023 11:13 AM
Jul 2021
This is such a great and underrated slice-of-life show. Each episode passes my “god level” test … “What?? The episode is over??? It has only been 10 minutes??”
May 7, 2023 11:27 AM
Dec 2022
FlowVonD said:
how is this getting cuter and more wholesome with each episode?

I don't get it either. every week my poor little heart is melting more and more.
May 7, 2023 12:22 PM

Jun 2015
MC self inserted himself into every single situation and bossed it without even trying for his perfect outcome. Not sure if they lucky or just an awakening mega chad.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 7, 2023 2:01 PM

Dec 2013
Adachi finally made her debut and she is a kind girl, I was not expecting her being in love with Hino, cute couple with them being childhood friends, Kasahara and Kitagawa were extra trashy this episode and I'm glad Kasahara's plan completely backfired with Taiyou starting to question his own feelings regarding Nishimura.
May 7, 2023 2:16 PM

Sep 2018
Takada is surely the king of positive spin, he has a bright future ahead in Marketing.

No surprise that Kasahara's plan is having entirely unintended consequences.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
May 7, 2023 2:18 PM

Mar 2023
id say it was great seeing nishimura make another actually nice friend like Hino and Hino's face still makes me laugh. anyways once again this is a 10/10
My Candys!

May 7, 2023 2:44 PM

Jan 2010
I love this but I'm think is way past point to keep kitagawa being mean just for the sake to be mean, is tiresome and as much I love takada destroy him all the time the class needs to stop already since nishimura has takada, hino and now umi. 

The same with kasahara but at least she is helping them to be together even if she doesn't realized, she just killed all hope in this chapter lol.
May 7, 2023 3:15 PM

Nov 2016
Gotta love how Takada is spinning everything in a positive way lol. And Nishimura blushing also never gets old. Great that she made a female friend too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 7, 2023 3:33 PM

Apr 2016
Embient said:
Damn, these kids going around and falling in love in elementary school... I want to fall in love too

Me too... All these diabetes-inducing rom-coms this season got me saying "WHEN IS IT MY TURN!?"
May 7, 2023 3:50 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I was actually wondering as I watched the OP this episode when Kasahara would become part of the main cast as well as Adachi, and then that happened this episode lol. Kasahara may still be in the same boat as the rest of the class when it comes Nishimura but since she’s now stuck being a class rep with her I think they’ll slowly grow closer which will be nice to see.

And I’m also a fan of Adachi, her having a crush on Hino is cute and her reactions to being around him were great lol, it’s a bit of a different flavor than what Takada and Nishimura have but still cute all the same. I’m glad she managed to get Hino a birthday present too, you can’t go wrong with a hat lol. And the after credits were interesting, Kasahara over here making Takada feel like a stranger (see what I did there?) when it comes to being with Nishimura, she was definitely planting the wrong ideas in his head without realizing it lol, but then Takada wonders if what he feels when he’s with Nishimura is actually just being friends, and the cuteness thickens lol.

Also I want to mention since we’re 6 episodes in, I think this show has the best ED this season, yes I think it’s better than Oshi no Ko’s ED lol, Kitri just hits so perfectly imo, especially paired with those visuals.
May 7, 2023 3:52 PM

Mar 2014
Takada being amazing as Nishimura's friend never ceases to put a smile on my face, especially that "I can have her all to my self" line. GOSH every bullied person needs someone like him around to give the UNO reverse card to every situation.

Saying that there's one thing I won't stand for and that's how laid back the teacher is being in that scene.

That jealous little runt Kasahara openly bullying Nishimura in front of the class and the teacher saying nothing ticked me off!

He interrupted her "a bit" but just went back to probably day dreaming about what he's gonna eat for dinner later that day or whatever. Their elementary school kids, be more assertive maan!

I've said my piece.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
May 7, 2023 3:53 PM
Aug 2020
Impossible to not Smile when I watch this anime. Kindness is better than everything…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 7, 2023 5:21 PM

May 2022
Our precious kids! A love so pure! Don't grow up just yet! (But it's okay if you want to hold hands.)
May 7, 2023 6:36 PM
Apr 2023
Touching to see that through Hino, Nishimura got to make a new friend in Adachi. Now she finally has a female friend she can talk with regarding girl-stuff.

This episode also shows that no bully can ever win against Takada when it comes to Nishimura. He isn't even trying 😆

The last part was also funny where Takada is considering to kiss Nishimura to confirm their friendship. I guess his contemplations about his friendship with Nishimura will carry over their years together (I guess they already are in middle school in the source material)
May 7, 2023 6:39 PM
Mar 2015
He may come to realize that he is more than just friends with her
May 7, 2023 7:20 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Nishimura was able to make her first friend that is a girl, none other than Umi, Hino's childhood friend. Seems like her relationship is also based on blushing but in Nishimura's case as each episode advances it seems like we're actually getting closer and closer to then "being adults" (no, no that king of adults you pervert, the cute stuff). That after credits scene gave me those vibes.

Wholesome episode
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 7, 2023 10:42 PM
Nov 2022
My god... The instinct to protect Nishimura is too strong, I love this girl too much
May 7, 2023 11:19 PM

Nov 2021
I 100% thought Umi was going to buy Daichi a tank top
May 7, 2023 11:44 PM

Mar 2008
Nishimura does indeed look cute in twin tails and aw she made friends with Adachi

Embient said:
When I was ten i was like "Im bored..i want to fall in love like in some romance..." looked around "oh yeah i pick her" ....and had same crush on that girl for years never asked her out ughhh >___<

yagakimilover said:
I 100% thought Umi was going to buy Daichi a tank top

I expected it so much it was like a plot twist.
May 8, 2023 2:50 AM
Jan 2022
Takada is the type of guy who you never mess with, He can not only "NO U" you but it can double down the comeback lol
May 8, 2023 6:14 AM

Feb 2014
Already a few seconds into the episode and the cuteness overload struck me critically! Nishimura with pigtails is so cuuuute! X3

The episode itself was packed, though. Along with Nishimura's cute hairstyle, she ended up becoming class reps with Kasahara, who tried, and failed, to become reps with Takada. This will be a good thing for Kasahra, as in this position, it should help her to know Nishimura more and, hopefully, become friendlier to her as well.

Speaking of which, it's great that Nishimura became friends with Umi Adachi, who asked Nishimura advice for a present for her childhood friend, Hino, who she's in love with now. Thanks to Takada arriving to embarrass the usual bullying trio, he invited Adachi to a surprise birthday party for Hino, where she gave him a hat as a present. Now he looks like a Pokemon trainer! XD

The post credit scene was very interesting, as Kasahara got to talk to Takada when Nishimura wasn't around and told him that if he wasn't "going out" with Nishimura, then he's simply a stranger to her. Takada, being the way he is, told this to Nishimura later on, which was a cute, yet awkward moment between the two of them, before things got back to normal. He was aware that his heartbeat was going faster than usual, who he *might* start to see Nishimura ever so slightly differently than he is right now.

Whatever happens next, as long as the both of them are having fun together, then that is fine with me! =)
May 8, 2023 10:47 AM

Oct 2008
another cute and fun episode!
we now have 2 pairs! Nishimura x Takada and the new pair! Hino x Adachi!!
5/5.

May 8, 2023 1:29 PM
Jul 2015
It was not a bad episode by any means and I got a few good laughs out of it ...
But I shouldn't have watched Insomniacs After School before this one, it just fucks up your scale and dulls your senses for everything that is not quite as good.
May 8, 2023 3:11 PM
Mar 2021
Dickegrobe said:
It was not a bad episode by any means and I got a few good laughs out of it ...
But I shouldn't have watched Insomniacs After School before this one, it just fucks up your scale and dulls your senses for everything that is not quite as good.
I have watched My Clueless First Friend before Insomniac After School, but I dropped Insomniac After School in the end because feel dull/bland after watching 2 episodes so far.

There's nothing wrong with Insomniac After School, it has better animation, better visual, good sceneries, good character design, but it isn't sweet and pure like My Clueless First Friend since I'm looking for romance with fast and better development instead slice of life with slow pace.
May 8, 2023 3:39 PM
Sep 2021
Cute, Nishimura is making new friends and is getting notoriety amongst the class even if she doesn’t know it yet. I’m seeing less jokes about her being a shinigami.. or at the very least it’s becoming less and less harmful which is nice to see! 4/5

Looking forward to next weeks episode.
May 8, 2023 5:47 PM
Mar 2023
I think it's time to nerf the Takada a bit for the sake of the plot, we can't allow him to keep winning all the chapters in a resounding way, or else before the season ends they'll already be married at this rate XD
PS: Now the Nishimura has competition, but the Kasahara is so weak that she can't compare in the eyes of the Takada.
May 8, 2023 6:16 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
I'm positive The new character Adachi Umi is based on famous Japanese actress Adachi Yumi.. They look so darn similar and the name sounds alike..
I think may be the author is a fan of the actress

May 8, 2023 8:29 PM
May 2019
Sadly at this age she's probably more "curious"  about love (and "special feelings") than him......oh well, we can only hope.
May 8, 2023 9:24 PM

Jul 2008
They are so adorable. \(>w<)/
My candies:
May 9, 2023 1:49 AM

Jan 2021
Nishimura looks so cute in pigtails :3 I hope I could see her wearing that hairstyle again in future episodes, she looks so much cuter >< I want to keep her as my little sister.

Oh and finally, she got her first girl friend! Umi Adachi, or Umi-chan~ who apparently likes Hino! I thought she'd give Hino a tanktop as a gift lol it turned out to be a hat xD

I'm glad that Kasahara's words actually backfired on her by making Takada slowly realize his crush on Nishimura.

This episode was actually very enjoyable, it's just that I'm annoyed with the teacher because he didn't say anything and just stayed silent when he saw and heard Kasahara clearly throwing such hurtful words at Nishimura. Like, seriously.....  ( ╬`益´ )ノ

May 9, 2023 12:00 PM
Feb 2021
this is so cuteeeeeeee <3
May 9, 2023 12:08 PM

May 2018
Another precious episode, I really hated the anime at first but now I'm enjoying it.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
May 9, 2023 12:26 PM

Jul 2016
"I 100% thought Umi was going to buy Daichi a tank top" x2
May 13, 2023 9:55 AM

Nov 2013
This was cute but BRUH... you're just kids! How come so many of you are love-struck?
May 14, 2023 2:02 AM

Aug 2020
I like both. But these two series are very different. Despite being a middle school setting, My Clueless First Friend is more complex. There is the bullying, the first signs of romance, making new friends who share their worries with her, a possible rival, where insomniacs seems to mostly revolve around how to deal with the lack of sleep issues. Although that will probably change at some point, just like with MCFF, epsiode 4 showed it's more than a gag romcom.
May 14, 2023 7:23 AM

Mar 2020
Fantastic episode as always, and a weekly dose of smiles as usual. Loved seeing Akane make her first female friend in Umi, and seeing her have more interactions with the other characters was good to see. Sumire messed around, and found out with the class rep thing lol. Also Umi should have given Daichi a tank top instead, would have been hilarious.

That post credit scene though, Sumire, don't steer Takada down that path... though it works for progression quite nicely.

May 15, 2023 11:56 AM

May 2015
Adachi is such a cutie.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru. Episode 9 Discussion

Embient - May 28, 2023

39 by Alex796 »»
Sep 6, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OG_Otaku - Apr 16, 2023

62 by cecropiamoth »»
Sep 4, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 14, 2023

62 by Alex796 »»
Sep 3, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Embient - Jun 11, 2023

51 by EsieEyen »»
Jun 1, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 30, 2023

54 by DebiPS »»
Apr 6, 4:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.