Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Galaxy Next Door
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 29, 2023 8:40 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, bad weather ruined what could've been a perfect day to the zoo. On the other hand, I love how devoted Shiori is in this show and how motivated she wants to help others. The same could even be said for Ichirou who greatly cares about Shiori that he risks his own health.

Also impressed by the amount of personalities the kids are getting in this series. 
Apr 29, 2023 10:59 AM
May 2018
love it whenever the Reiwa era effect strikes in an anime
Apr 29, 2023 11:26 AM
May 2021
So our two MC start dating at episode 4. That was so fast. Cant wait for next episode tho
Apr 29, 2023 11:28 AM

Jul 2017
After the brief romantic confession from Goshiki, Ichiro and his siblings are looking forward to the zoo...if only without the bad weather, which dampened their spirits, and it's back to work refining on what his editor recommends on the feedback. All to the point of emotional damage for Ichiro, being left hanging on Shiori's reply which manifested his mind much.

Goshiki thinking the same to improve her manga craft, and unsurprisingly, she's also stuck with Ichiro on her mind to the point of love overflowing. How she managed to subconsciously confess to Ichiro is a feat, though what to do from here, it's exactly something out of a Shoujo manga. With Fumio and Machi retreating to their games and Goshiki wanting to originally go to the library but can't also, looks like fate intertwined the newly established couple and his siblings to go out together. Though Goshiki tried a hand at the fortune cards that Machi has that Ichiro made for her, Goshiki tearing a card just sounds like disaster.

With Goshiki off to the library, Ichiro makes a run for it knowing that said girl herself may be unfamiliar with the area. But in reality, Goshiki is fine and all, and the absentminded girl is safe on Ichiro's side. Redrawing the tarot cards, and the stage is set for the re-enactment of the fortune teller booth with Machi, though what she wants to be when she grows up, the wannabe fortune teller still needs some education. In return, this gives both Ichiro and Goshiki some ideas, though his dad's planetarium used as a crystal ball is one of intrigue.

Ichiro, knowing that marriage isn't on the cards for raising both Fumio and Machi, he still wants to break up with her knowing the fact that family is important to him. Apart from Goshiki's troublesome clan effect that inflicts pain on him, him having to finally return the confession to Goshiki in the dead of night has been a time forthcoming.

Take it slow, Ichiro and Goshiki. One step at a time.
Apr 29, 2023 11:33 AM

Apr 2016
Dude's having a legit mental dilemma, because a smoking hot blonde girl showed up one day at his doorstep, did all the work for him, and one day told him she's in love with you ... what xD

Surely, from now on the dynamics of the house are gonna be interesting, lol. Also, arent ya an alien/god/moon princess or something ? Can't you like do something about the rain .. or the card, on that matter.
Apr 29, 2023 11:41 AM

Mar 2021
It's great to see Goshiki and Ichirou confess their feelings for each other and it will be interesting to see how it develops further
Apr 29, 2023 11:52 AM
Dec 2014
Officially a couple lets gooo!!!
Apr 29, 2023 11:59 AM

Dec 2022
so they do start dating reminds me of "Horimiya" in terms of wholesomeness but the princess thing makes it rather unique anyways i was glad they did not drag it for 12 episode
Apr 29, 2023 12:10 PM

Aug 2017
Glad that they already became a couple, look forward to how things progress with their relationship plus there's still that supernatural stuff as well. 
Apr 29, 2023 12:35 PM

Feb 2019
Aww man I love how much Ichiro’s siblings look up to him. It’s so sweet. “I love watching you draw” that was too adorable!!

Also mad respect for the “I don’t have time for a relationship because my siblings are my priority rn” . But shiori just too cute and OP and he folded lmao I can’t blame him. I’m glad they’re dating slow and steady now and looking forward to how their relationship progresses. They both compliment each other so well.

Great episode!
Apr 29, 2023 1:13 PM

Apr 2010
Something tells me the mother will come in to spoil the fun, but that's purely speculation based on the fact she wasn't to happy with her daughter leaving the island.
The card part was nice seems like they have their dreams.

Anyway i hope the couple will do fine but you never know.
Apr 29, 2023 3:09 PM
Mar 2023
I can't wait for the next ep ong
Apr 29, 2023 3:16 PM

Mar 2010
I chuckled a bit when she mentioned the 10 volumes of falling in love happening faster. I'm glad they are finally moving forward.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 29, 2023 3:30 PM
Aug 2019
The confession came faster than I expected, but that was super sweet! Really loving these two... Machi and Fumio are really adorable as well, they'll be a cute family for sure💕
Apr 29, 2023 4:22 PM

May 2022
Marginally better than the previous episode, the anime series is still in the "meh" zone, leaving me wondering why it lacks the magic of the manga.
Apr 29, 2023 6:06 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
They really threw me for a loop with the confession here lol, I thought for a second despite Goshiki confessing at the end of last episode that things wouldn’t progress much between them and it would end up getting brushed off, and to push that further Ichiro made his confession sound like he was turning her down at first but I was really surprised when he turned it around at the end lol, and Goshiki had such a good reaction. So I guess that means they’re already dating at episode 4, love to see it, really excited to see how close they get as this goes on.

And I also really loved the bit with the siblings, Machi went from being upset about the zoo, as well as her tarot card getting ripped, to getting the full service with a whole new set of cards and a fortune telling booth plus an outfit to look the part, seeing her happy made me really happy lol, these siblings are just two precious.
Apr 29, 2023 7:13 PM

Mar 2021
This show is hardly revolutionary or has extraordinary production values, but it incredibly charming and just exudes such a chill vibe. It is easy to like the characters and just follow them about their daily routines. 

I do like that not all love stories have to be 10 volumes of will-they, won't they ambiguity about their true feelings. (That bit of meta humor really made me laugh. Very appropriate for a show where the production of shojo manga is front and center.)
Apr 29, 2023 7:18 PM
Apr 2023
Wasn't expecting things to progress this quickly. I was thinking it will progress more like a typical rom-com but it seems this became more focused on how a couple will develop together without the suspension-bridge effect to make them a couple in the first place.

It looks like Goshiki, really is attracted to Kuga in the first place, as she always admired Kuga as a mangaka and getting to be with him as an assistant and being connected with him through the torn-connection, made her realize she is truly in love with him (or at least at the level of true 'suki' for now).
I really thought Kuga will opt for staying as acquaintances because after all, things are so abrupt and they really don't know each other at all but probably the effect of the meteorite symbiote that Goshiki transferred to Kuga, kind of makes things easier to understand each other by more than just interactions, making Kuga also like Goshiki easier.

There we go, it seems things will be like that from now on. I just wish we get to see Goshiki in much more casual attires aside from her usual clothing - will probably bring out her charm even more.
Apr 29, 2023 7:25 PM

Apr 2022
they became a couple pretty early, i thought he was turning her down from the way that conversation began but it went well.
love goshiki's reactions, interested to see how this goes from the next episode onwards.
Apr 29, 2023 8:02 PM
Mar 2015
He returned her feelings and now they are dating
Apr 29, 2023 9:21 PM

Jan 2021
They were looking forward to the zoo but the bad weather ruined the day for them basically. Kuga is going crazy to the point of him imagining things (like a rubber duck talking lolz). Shiori is totally obsessed with Kuga, to the point of her drawing him 5-6 times. It was nice to see that Shiori still wanted to help because she broke a card. Shiori went out in the pouring rain to get the things needed and after some time passed,

Ichirou went looking for her because he was concerned. They had fun making the cards though and it was cute to see Machi playing as a fortune teller. Well the love is real now, that was some fast acceptance. Ichirou and Shiori are officially dating.
__andre__Apr 29, 2023 9:28 PM
Apr 29, 2023 9:57 PM

May 2019
I legit thought that Ichirou was going to reject Shiori at first until he didn't. It looks like he would've hurt himself worse if he really would've rejected her too. At least by him saying what he did I think Shiori will help out wherever she can like with the younger siblings as she has already shown.

I'm sure more weird things or obstacles will arise with Shiori's supernatural abilities plus I don't believe her family knows what happened.
Apr 29, 2023 10:21 PM

Feb 2021
Eyy, I like how they showed Goshiki ghosting her lines before drawing. It's a real thing artists do that I learned recently.
LET'S GOOO Episode 4 and dating already! I thought he will reject her at first. It would've been so disappointing. Niiice!‎

DeRickz said:
love it whenever the Reiwa era effect strikes in an anime
What is Reiwa effect?
EmbientApr 29, 2023 10:25 PM
Apr 29, 2023 11:38 PM
Jan 2022
yay, relationship progression!
Apr 30, 2023 3:12 AM
Jul 2022
The way Kuga wholeheartedly said all his short comings (reasons to not be in a relationship) then confessed... Courageous!
Apr 30, 2023 3:23 AM
Jul 2021
The ending to this episode is very touching and effective! Again, the two young siblings are the best part of this show. They are too mature and caring for their older brother.
Apr 30, 2023 4:08 AM

Feb 2022
Just waiting for the interruption in this happiness, you know representative's from the island will come seeking her out, maybe the end of next episode after an amazing Zoo visit/day
Apr 30, 2023 4:50 AM
Sep 2021
Kuga confesses to Shiori that was indeed unexpected.
Apr 30, 2023 4:55 AM
Jan 2018
Question is does he think he’s in love with her due to the sting thing
Apr 30, 2023 7:37 AM
Sep 2016
Ahh.... This series is this season's seasonal fluff indeed. The sweetest title in the season.
Also, is Hoshino Ai waifu of the season? Did Kinoshita Akane? Iwakura Misumi or Murashige Yuzuki? I think Goshiki may won the title instead (at least so far), she was soooo cute.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 30, 2023 7:50 AM
Apr 2020
Loving this so far . It's expected that you'll fall in love with someone you spend time with glad they didn't stretch out the confession 
Apr 30, 2023 7:56 AM

Sep 2018
I'm finding myself progressively more disappointed by this show.

Very little seems earned and it's also rather juvenile.

Not only is "The Dangers in My Heart" way ahead of it in just pure believable romantic progression it's also pulling away in the maturity of its handling of the story.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Apr 30, 2023 12:50 PM
Aug 2013
Well that was convenient. Sigh. I feel like the series has lost its appeal now.
Apr 30, 2023 1:21 PM
Mar 2021
This is very sweet and wholesome romance anime
Apr 30, 2023 2:19 PM

Jun 2019
Kuga is such a nice big brother. He's doing his best for his little siblings. And, the relationship between our both main characters is growing more special with each episode. Love is in the air and the confession was cute.
Apr 30, 2023 6:37 PM
Mar 2019
This is a cute episode. Made me smile. Formal, and straightforward. I like it. hihi
Apr 30, 2023 9:31 PM

Mar 2011
Unfortunately I'm out. I thought I'd get attached to the characters after 4 episodes (even a little) but halfway through the episode I had to give up.

It's not like I hate it or that it's bad. It's just average at best for what it seems like at the beginning and I can't help but think that there's no emotion, no life, no personality in these characters which is a shame because the premise would have great potential. Sadly I'm just not feeling it and after forwarding to them agreeing to date I feel like it's time to leave because honestly I couldn't really see how they bonded in any way :/
Wildflower3Apr 30, 2023 9:34 PM
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Apr 30, 2023 9:44 PM

Aug 2017
A cute and wholesome show. Why does the main guy have to annul the engagement in a panic?
Apr 30, 2023 10:42 PM

Oct 2017
Eh this episode was okay mostly except for the ending scene. Wasn't expecting a confession.
May 1, 2023 1:16 AM

Sep 2020
^ Same, everything feels kind of stale, but didn't expect there to be a confession that fast in the last part.
May 1, 2023 3:35 AM

Jul 2019
Hell yes, confession time!
May 1, 2023 6:36 AM
Dec 2020
as i thought chihiro has crush on ichirou.
May 1, 2023 2:59 PM

Jul 2016
Glad they became an official couple in Episode 4 but seriously, they need to do something about that pact. Dude was about to get some serious disease just for confessing.
May 2, 2023 1:41 PM

May 2015
SO CUTE!!!

Goshiki is so adorable this episode in particular! Her blushing and that reaction at the end had me grinning so hard. Had the exact same reaction as her when he suddenly confessed when it seemed like he was rejecting her. 

This and Yamada are definitely my favourite anime this season. They're so good! 
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 3, 2023 12:58 AM

Jan 2021
I really thought he would still reject her. Congratulations! ♡♡

Fumio really only said a few words but it was all adorable.

May 3, 2023 6:08 AM

Jan 2015
Both confessed each others this early on. Nice, it's already something different from most romantic anime out there
Best series of all time? Gormiti of course
May 3, 2023 8:37 PM
Feb 2022
something loose, normal
May 5, 2023 7:06 PM

May 2018
This all feels very unnatural to me, is like they're trying to force this romance down our throats for pure convenience, and all because the guy touched that fckng magical sting. Anyway, this is tolerable at best.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
May 6, 2023 9:10 AM
Jun 2017
Very slow. Had a good scene at the end.
May 21, 2023 5:26 AM

Dec 2020
The part where she said "So much for my beloved pattern of neither side knowing the other loves them. And building up a relationship over ten volumes" 
I laughed quite a bit because its true and happens too much.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

72 by fatanimetitties »»
May 17, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sir_4lpha_ - Mar 19, 2023

124 by Devonnius »»
Feb 13, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

44 by AZINRO »»
Jan 21, 2:16 AM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

52 by removed-user »»
Jan 3, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2023

33 by zayanime »»
Oct 10, 2023 3:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.