Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 25, 2023 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
Aww, that pinkie promise was too adorable.

I love how this episode keeps its memories meaningful. All the bright moments aside, I also like that magical bus segment with Takamine. This anime really brings in creativity when it comes to its more surreal scenes. She and Mitsumi should get along fine. 
Apr 25, 2023 7:53 AM

Nov 2010
  • Everyone has his own life style that suits him.
  • If you opt a way, you can't opt the other way. You can't get rid of regret anyway.

Apr 25, 2023 8:16 AM

Apr 2010
Mitsumi over thinking things a bit this episode which almost got her a bad grade, sometimes you just have to get straight to the point.
Also she had a nice time with her senpai who also learned from her.
Apr 25, 2023 8:18 AM
Sep 2017
ngl this episode is warmth my heart, Slice of Alife anime of the season for me frfr.

EDIT: wait a minute, this is a DRAMA anime? WUT?
Apr 25, 2023 8:49 AM

Apr 2022
Cat-thing creature Mitsumi is incredibly adorable!

Also Sousuke spitting straight uncensored fax was unexpected, but welcome

Apr 25, 2023 9:05 AM

Feb 2021
I loved the theme of this episode.
"You never find out where you made the best use of your time until much later in life
So ultimately, I think what matters is to decide how you spend it yourself."

I'm rooting for you, the guy from the soccer club!
EmbientApr 25, 2023 9:25 AM
Apr 25, 2023 9:05 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Mitsumi's motivation for entering gov was a nice one. Its rare to have students that had studied abroud be in your class. School wise Mitsumi seems to be doing pretty well though i guess forward prep is something that she should be learning to do. Takamine really is shaping up well for a career in finance in the future. Her efficiently sure has one hell of a side effect though. Still It's nice to see her getting reminded of the beauty in the world that can be missed if your head is constantly in the books. The dream that she had that night sure was a weird but fun one. In the end im glad that this little trip with Mitsumi managed to show her what she's been missing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2023 9:06 AM

Dec 2022
well i just started and watched all four episode together and thsi anime is better tahn expected finally found an anime to watch on tuesdays
Apr 25, 2023 9:07 AM

Mar 2021
This was such a sweet episode Mitsumi worrying about managing her time was so relatable and it looks like she has made another friend in Takamine Senpai who can help her through her time at school
Apr 25, 2023 9:09 AM
Sep 2015
I like the hard working senpai but under a condition that she must increase soccer club's budget. I love that soccer guy.
Apr 25, 2023 9:27 AM

Dec 2020
This series is so nice to watch i really enjoy the character mitsumi and takamine are trying to not waste any minutes and make everything out of it haha.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 25, 2023 9:28 AM

May 2015
After four episodes I already have to ask the question: second season when?
Apr 25, 2023 9:37 AM

Feb 2019
Mitsumi and Takimine were the perfect duo for today’s episode. Taught each other quite a bit in the short time they hung out

Moral of the story, everyone has their own method and if it works for you that’s all that matters. Some people have to lock in and be really diligent about everything, and some people like Mitsumi are just really gifted and can slack off but still do well. Neither is wrong or better than the other, just depends on the person.

As someone who’s like Mitsumi with not always making the most of time but still doing well in school I really related
Apr 25, 2023 9:37 AM

Apr 2021
The last scene was so great, getting outplayed like this with her own principles. Her expression was priceless as she slowly left the frame in shock. 
utopicaApr 25, 2023 9:40 AM
Apr 25, 2023 9:45 AM

Feb 2015
So many great moments in this episode! Mitsumi is a great friend for Shima-kun and I hope he finds what he wants to do in the future at some point. The drama club issue with Shima-kun's past was dealt with nicely here and I'm glad they talked about it. Mitsumi was surprisingly sharp realizing there was a reason he hadn't talked about it openly.

This anime deals with a lot of really relatable themes and emotions and it always leaves me feeling so wholesome and at peace.

Also, I'm rooting for you, Soccer-guy!!
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Apr 25, 2023 9:47 AM
Dec 2016
it was great episode again
Apr 25, 2023 9:49 AM

Jul 2012
The cat in the ED made an appearance lol. It looks like Mitsumi and Shima, and Mitsumi and Takamine, all learned something from each other today.

Jul 2011
My opinion about Kanechika gone to neutral to real bad. And if he don't drop the talk about scouting Shima, he will the worse character by a mile.

If this wasn't a slice of life anime, Cat Mitsumi would say that Takemine is a Chosen One and do some magic or something.

Dec 2007
It's been a while since I've watched a show this wholesome, loving it
Apr 25, 2023 9:59 AM
Aug 2020
Is it possible to not smile when you watch this anime. I like the colors, the characters are growing up.

Everything is great, I can’t wait for the next one…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 25, 2023 10:10 AM

Mar 2020
This show continues to be an absolute blessing, and the cast of characters in this show is probably the strongest of the season for me personally. Mitsumi and Sousuke's dynamic continues to be quite nice, and the dialogue about living to other's expectations did relate to me a little, since sometimes, I feel like I live for others, and especially as a kid, I definitely tried to make my parents happy while not really doing what I wanted to do. The pinky promise was also quite adorable.

As for the second half with Takamine, it was also quite strong, as Mitsumi's infectious personality strikes again, even to such a person with a structured schedule like Takamine. It shows us how each person lives in a different way, and how hard it is to imitate other people's lifestyles. I really liked some of the animation in that second half, especially with the magical bus dream segment, and some of the sceneries as well.

The cast of characters alone is enough for me that this show is right up there as an AOTS contender, but there's a lot of competition this season. We'll see if it comes out on top at the end.
Apr 25, 2023 10:24 AM
Aug 2021
bro god tier show absolutely amazing
now here comes another whole week of waiting
Apr 25, 2023 10:36 AM
Dec 2020
The episode is yet another amazing one. A lot of heartwarming or inspiring scenes are in this ep alone, it's just relatable in many ways.

Expectations from oneself or others can be stressful, but if there is someone to watch you go through these, it can give you a lot of courage and heartwarming attachment to keep going on. The scene where Fumi cheers Mitsumi up in the restaurant is truly heartwarming. I wish I had this kind of accompany in hard times too, just like Sousoke's reaction.

Takamine senpai fail to catch the bus in time once again. And those thoughts in her mind is literally what I went through every time I try to catch a bus/train (try running -> bus leaves in front of me -> oh no need to wait x minutes -> frustrated about time wasted), so relatable.

However, it may not be all bad. Imo the best moment in the episode is when Takamine senpai annoyedly looks up at Mitsumi and sees the sunset scenery of urban farm. She suddenly realizes that discipline may improve working efficiency, but meanwhile you may lost the chance to see other good things in life. There's no good or bad of a lifestyle, and it all depends on what works best for you.

"You never find out where you made the best use of your time until much later in life."

I already think the black cat represents Mitsumi in Takamine senpai's dream, and that is proved when she sees Mitsumi in the image of cat the next day. I'm glad to see Mitsumi enables her to see different aspect of life and changes her perspective in positive way. No regret? That's impossible. 24 hours are 24 hours, there have to be things to balance out, but as for what to give up, it's up to you.
Apr 25, 2023 10:51 AM

May 2020
People really should do things with their own methods. Imitating someone's brave feat of mugging things up a night before the exam won't help someone who's used to going through things a bit by bit everyday, or someone who goes with a hardcore minute to minute schedule. So Mitsumi's right in her own way and senpai too, though yeah it doesn't hurt to opt a new way once in a while.

People can see whatever suits them and whatever not only this way. Anyways another episode flew by. Such is this series.

Watched four of them and loved them all. Next pls.
Apr 25, 2023 11:20 AM
Jun 2022
I am absolutely in love with this show. The perfect pace change for a day.
No over the top drama. Plain stuff done to perfection.
Apr 25, 2023 11:32 AM

Jul 2020
This show has such excellent and subtle characterisation that just adds so much flavour and depth to an already incredible cast and makes the interactions feel all the more real and substantial. every episode always has something to say and a message to tell that are both endearing and are true to life while also simultaneously fleshing out the cast and making them all the more 3-dimensional. no moment feels wasted here, and i love the message of this episode. the fact that you shouldn't think too much about how you spend your time, because everyone spends it differently, it all depends on you and what YOU want to do and what you value. the constrast between takemine studying and mitsumi looking at the sunset is excellent and really says so much about them and what they value without outright spelling out for you

skip and loafer continues to be top notch show and despite the competition, this is not only aots for me by a landslide, but its shaping up to be my favourite show of the year if it keeps up the consistency.
Apr 25, 2023 11:33 AM

May 2019
I'm convinced that anytime Mitsumi says its going to be a good day some unforeseen circumstances are going to happen that may hinder her but that could be a life lesson for her in that things don't always go as planned but they can still work out. Another life lesson was how towards the end Takamine told Mitsumi to do things the way she's comfortable with instead of trying to copy her style. Lastly, it looks like Takamine eased up a bit too, especailly after she saw the nice sunset.
Apr 25, 2023 11:35 AM

Jul 2013
This episode was great to watch! Mitsumi and her senpai both struggled in similar yet individual ways and learned from each other. Trying to figure out a schedule to maximize her time and be more like her senpai, yet getting advice to do things in the way that works best for her specifically is incredibly relatable, and not nearly as easy as it sounds. Balancing your duties and aspirations with yourself, the meaning of having no regrets, over thinking and spiraling endlessly, all are well presented in a diligent and hard working character who also has a playful and fun side, and seems to intuitively already know how to keep them all in check. She's made up of the things that will take someone far in life. Whatever the definition of success is, she'll reach it. I love watching her be such a clever oddball.

I also found what Sousuke had said about his past and himself to be revealing. He was ultimately unhappy being something for someone else, and he calls his choice pathetic. I wonder if he is resentful of himself, if he views himself as a failure or weak, if he holds himself responsible for all the consequences of being incapable of handling the pressure, or thinks that his life choices lead him down a path from which there is no escape and no return. Mitsumi is trying hard not to have any regrets later in life, while it seems Sousuke could be quietly holding on to so many already. What he said at the end about not wasting time on things you're not cut out for, I wonder if that doubles as both advice for Mistumi as well as a harsh self-depreciating criticism of himself.

Great episode. I really look forward to watching these every week.
Apr 25, 2023 11:53 AM

Jun 2020
When Takamine looked out of the bus and saw the sunset, probably a sight she didn’t pay attention to in a while, sometimes we get so caught up in, everything, just need a little reminder of the things & little moments around you. Mitsumi has such an influence on the people around her even if it’s such subtle moments like these, even if she doesn’t realise it.

Fumi so cute. I love her friendship with Mitsumi♡ I really like Shima too, I like that he’s not just there to be soft and fluffy. Even tho he’s really cute when he’s being sweet, I like to see other sides of him too.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 25, 2023 12:01 PM

May 2015
Shima-kun is so soft and that dream-cat! This was so cute.
Apr 25, 2023 12:18 PM

Jul 2017
The regular day for Mitsumi, and already the Drama Club's Kanechika-senpai gruels her on Shima's unspoken talent as a child actor, thinking that he can use her to convince him to join the club. Thus, Mitsumi, feeling conflicted whether should she reveal this information, she ended up flanking her quiz and acts abnormally. Of course, Shima would pick up on Mitsumi's weirdness, and she would tell him the truth, which Shima still kept his stance because of his family. Even Mitsumi's move to Tokyo has its reasons, and her ambition to change her depopulating hometown is also a great deal of a goal. Simply put, Shima couldn't handle the pressure and he wanted out, while the same with Mitsumi because of Fumi, having understanding friends who understand what they're going through. The prospect of both Mitsumi and Shima being friends, it's bound to happen, and Kanechika-senpai's request is shot down.

The Golden Week presented opportunities for everyone to do what they want, but it seems that Mitsumi is down on the many things that her homeroom teacher Sakura Hanazono has to comfort her. The definition of being disciplined: the 2nd Year Student Council Treasurer of Tokiko Takamine, she wants to get rid of the slacker within her, enough to follow her on her tracks and get some inspiration. But even then, Takamine-senpai also stumbles, and while she can't exactly say out loud by doing her due diligence, the innocent Mitsumi is just going with the flow. And to that effect, subconsciously, throws Takamine's schedule out of whack and lets her appreciate the small details in life, like the sunset, and topping it all off with the Magic School Bus effect.

Even perfect students like Takamine have gone through failures in life, that their best time to enjoy is in their current state. Surely, Mitsumi changed Takamine, but she still can't let go of her decisions...

It's alright Mitsumi, take one step at a time!
Apr 25, 2023 12:24 PM
Apr 2017
another cute and warm episode 

Apr 25, 2023 12:26 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Favourite part for me was the flashback with Fumi and Mitsumi, true best friends there and Mitsumi appreciates it a lot. 
Apr 25, 2023 12:32 PM
Oct 2021
wow. another great episodes. think this could be my favourite of the season …
Apr 25, 2023 12:33 PM
Oct 2016
This episode showed just how much of a positive impact Mitsumi it having on her new classmates. Both portions of this episode shaping Mitsumi spend quality time with someone and better how they feel. Shima first since Kanechika is still wanting him to join the drama club. Now we know why with him showing Mitsumi footage of an old drama show Shima stared in as a kid. It was funny seeing how kuch Mitsumi adored little Shima, he was so cute. But I'm glad that Mitsumi stood her ground and was a good friend to Shima, not letting Kanechika push her around and make her get Shima to join. Mitsumi had a great talk with Shima about seeing his acting and why Shima doesn't want anything to do with the drama club. Sounds like some childhood trauma involving his mom making him act or something.

Mitsumi later wanting to up her work ethic so asking her teacher for some help. Who then points her to Takamine, one of the most responsible students at the school. With a crazy schedule going around from place to place studying along the say. It was nice seeing how the nightmare Takamine had about missing the bus was made better by Mitsumi. How getting mad about missing the bus won't make things better. Mitsumi is doing a lot better than she thinks she is.
Apr 25, 2023 12:46 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Shima and Mitsumi are completing each other so well, and it's nice that Shima already told her about his feelings regarding his child actor past and how he felt towards it regarding the pressure with his family as well... also I really like how that Takamine girl learned more with Mitsumi than how she was supposed to be the one that teaches Mitsumi, it's sure nice to take a break sometimes and appreciate other things than stressing yourself the whole day with a schedule, even her dream proved that she understood it compared to before, that was cute.
Apr 25, 2023 12:48 PM

Nov 2011
This Episode was such a Vibe today. I LOVED how they depicted the Population decline in Rural areas with images that really captured there decline.

The Pinky promise was adorable.

Mitsumi and the Tokyo kids are really growing thanks to each other.

Mitsumi being the factor in Takamine's anxiety regressing was awesome. Mitsumi going around Tokyo and seeing new things while also trying to be more focused as well was amazing. I am loving the connection all these characters are sharing. 

Fantastic episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 25, 2023 12:56 PM

Feb 2023
Love how through other characters not only you get to know them personally but also a motivation to flesh out Mitsumi. this episode was great, definitely not as hard-hitting as the first three but still great. watching Insomniacs After School and Skip to Loafer episodes back to back was such a great decision, both of them put me in a charming, peaceful mood.

the flashback scene with Fumi and the gyozas almost made me cry :')
Apr 25, 2023 1:10 PM

Apr 2020
I appreciate this episode a lot for making every minute of screen time matter.
They got to plant Shima's backstory seeds and establish the friendship between him and Iwakura with the "drama club" chapter, utilized a side-character, and kept Iwakura reminded that she has her own goals and circumstances that she needs to focus on. All of these things in one episode without being a hindrance or overlapping each other.
I greatly appreciate ANime episodes like this.
-+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+-
Apr 25, 2023 1:12 PM

Jun 2015
Not much to say about this episode, it's keeping the trend of being just pure wholesome fun. I just wanted to note one aspect I really like about this show, which is that it doesn't make its characters complete idiots for the sake of cheap drama. Like when Mitsumi realized Shima probably didn't want to talk about his past and tried to respect it, for example. Reminded me of Romantic Killer...
This kind of thing is a sign of good writing, that the author will not try to move characters in weird directions just to serve the plot.
Apr 25, 2023 2:09 PM

Feb 2014
With each episode, more of the cast are becoming more and more complete with more of their backstories and motivations are told. Mitsumi and Shima talking to each other, with Shima explaining more of how he didn't enjoy his time as a child actor just to please his family's expectations, as well as Mitsumi being honest about her faults and her real drive of her motivation of wanting to become a government worker was pleasing to watch. One particular thing to note was Mitsumi bringing up the population decline in rural locations was something that I was happy to see her bring up that issue.

After that, we had more time to understand the student council treasurer, Takamine. She operates completely differently to Mitsumi, as was shown in her notebook in making sure her free time was used to do as many things as before, which does come with downsides of her missing her bus connections every now and then (I can relate to that personally in my college days). Although Mitsumi tried and, thankfully, failed to copy Takamine's way of doing things, being with Mitsumi for a day did help Takamine reflect on appreciating things that she would've easily missed out if she stuck to her packed schedule.

Everyone has their own way of doing things and it comes more naturally to some compared to others, which was a nice lesson to take from this episode overall. Of course, the way it ended with Shima saying his honest thoughts without holding back whatsoever, which left Mitsumi reeling with shock, made me laugh! XD
Apr 25, 2023 2:09 PM

Feb 2015
I love how nostalgic this anime makes me feel . it's such a breath of  fresh air
the animation style is so nice <3
Apr 25, 2023 2:10 PM

Feb 2018
Seems like Shima is not too fond of that acting past, but at least they talked about it.
Iwakura trying to keep up with that schedule...probably not a good idea.
Apr 25, 2023 2:36 PM

Jul 2016
Can't stop grinning while watching this show. Help!

Wonderful episode once again. Absolutely loving the lessons this show gives every week and seeing the issue with the drama dude getting solved in such a... drama-free way was so refreshing. Great stuff!
SouthRzVaApr 25, 2023 2:40 PM
Apr 25, 2023 2:39 PM

Nov 2021
CAT MITSUMI IS SO ADORABLE
Apr 25, 2023 3:22 PM
Oct 2022
Aversa said:
Mitsumi over thinking things a bit this episode which almost got her a bad grade, sometimes you just have to get straight to the point.
Also she had a nice time with her senpai who also learned from her.

I don't think it's a bad grade at all..I think it just shows how relatable she is, and eventually there is no misunderstanding since she tells everything to Shima.
Apr 25, 2023 4:01 PM

Sep 2017
Lol yeah Tokiko's scheduling is insane so it's good she's maybe going to chill out a bit. Pretty funny how the teacher was like "damn this kid is kinda nuts, hey go speak to that crazy student council person" lmao
Apr 25, 2023 4:35 PM
Dec 2021
yeah this is 100% a shoujo
Apr 25, 2023 4:44 PM

Apr 2022
that's how you know fumis a real one. visuals during the dream sequence was very solid.
Apr 25, 2023 4:45 PM
Mar 2023
This episode shows how secrets can affect relationships and how trust is crucial to maintaining a healthy friendship. Mitsumi learns that keeping secrets can be detrimental to her relationship with Shima, which makes us reflect on the importance of transparency in our relationships.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Skip to Loafer Season 2 possibilty?

thermoquasi - Feb 29

26 by imjayhime »»
Yesterday, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2023

232 by Natalie_Saramina »»
May 29, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2023

119 by PokefanPT »»
May 26, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2023

139 by PokefanPT »»
May 26, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2023

105 by PokefanPT »»
May 26, 11:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.