Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2023 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Man, the more I think about it, the more I like Kiruko's character in this show. 

We got some slight mystery in this anime too, with those strange symbols. Seems this anime has a mysterious lore that I hope it continues to explore. Kiruko and Maru's relationship still catches my attention for their bond so far. Maru probably took that a little far and Maru wasn't prepared LOL

Opening song is pretty good imo

Stark700Apr 8, 2023 6:31 AM
Apr 8, 2023 6:28 AM

May 2020
Dude these kids… is this what going through puberty means???? Kisses, nude pics.. nah keep them coming.

Though continuing with the cliffhanger, it seems like Maru and Kiruko were indeed drugged by the landlady. Though for what, it remained a mystery till the end. For whatever transpired, it was revealed that the monster ate the landlady’s son some time ago, though being the mother she is, she still believed his consciousness was intact within the monster. Though we aren't sure if that was the case, as that monster fucking SLICED her from head to toe. Like it was so quick, she didn’t even bleed.

Maru took care of the monster later, but yeah their world sure is messed up real bad, REAL REAL BAD. Moreover the mysteries are just piling up one after another, about their world and about the kind of superpowers (sort of) we saw Maru using. Now then, tomato heaven is their destination, they did arrive at some similar place, with tomatoes and tomatoes all around, this time, but it wasn’t the actual one. Journey continues.

And of course, “I’m a girl from outside, but a boy from inside”, the kind of twist arrived lol. Explains that Kiruko mirror scene from last episode. 

Though we had the opening last time around, but this time it was with visuals. And visuals.. as if this show can miss out on that thing. But hey they should slow down, haven't read the source but it still feels they're going at some SERIOUS pace.
Apr 8, 2023 6:35 AM

Oct 2018
With the staff listed for the episode, it lives upto it in every sense. The atmosphere and the lighting of the fight at night feels straight out of Gundam Hathaway with the same photography director in charge. The expression in the face when they looked at the white haired boy seeing them kiss was very weird ngl. Already got the spoilers about Kiruko so it is what it is.

The OP is also nuts, Weilin finally doing something more than a KA, with exceptionally thin and sharp line art across the entire opening, trying to emulate the Shingo Yamashita style during his Shippuden-Birdy days.

Etherius_ZSApr 9, 2023 4:21 AM
Apr 8, 2023 7:02 AM

Apr 2010
Well a delusional mother who taught a monster was her son and a village which seems to be recovering from whatever happened.
And a cliffhanger at the end so far things seem interesting but i wonder what the connection is between the traveling pair and the kids in the institution.
Speaking of them looking at the stunts they pulled it's clear they aren't normal kids the way the girl got into the tree and how the guy just walked away from that fall their abilities seem to be better then those of the regular humans we saw so far. 
Apr 8, 2023 7:20 AM

Jul 2017
Another engaging episode with a really great opening too visually. The mother getting got was predictable from the way everything was set up but it makes it no less graphic and brutal to witness. The world continues to be more interesting too with everything that had been taking place already in such a short period of time. The reveal was quick albeit not too surprising considering some of the teases from even the premiere episode like with the mirror scene to name an example.
Apr 8, 2023 7:22 AM

Jan 2009
the main girl is transgender then damn i thought they will have romance but maybe she is bisexual instead in later episodes

im almost sure the heaven they are talking about is that futuristic facility where kids are wondering if there is an outside world
Apr 8, 2023 7:26 AM

Jul 2017
With the full OP visuals, I must say that this is aesthetically pleasing, almost Shingo Yamashita-ish.

Well, kids inside of the walls were unusual in any way: Tokio's crush Mimihime being in a lesbian relationship while getting Kona's drawings, it's almost like an infatuation.

Maru and Kiruko being drugged by the old landlady to keep them out of the man-eater monster, but their curiosity got the better of them to deal with it, with Maru acting as a decoy while Kiruko uses her gun beam to eradicate, only to be stopped by the landlady herself because it's her son who's turned into the monstrosity. But still, monsters don't change their personality, and as expected, the landlady is swiftly killed, leading Maru to chase after the man-eater to kill it from within.

The search for "Heaven" continues as both "siblings" paddle their way through the submerged city, wary of creatures in the water, and the kids trying to devise a way to see outside of the walls. The last request to bring Maru to "Heaven", leads them next to the "Tomato Heaven" Kusakube settlement made up of ordinary rag-tag people, blocked out because of bandits. Other than looking for Maru's lookalike person, Kiruko's lookalike was found instead, and a box that matches the logo on Kiruko's gun. From Kusakube, they finally have a lead to Asakusa, but Maru wants to end the journey fasten than expected...because he like her. But as much as Maru's confession comes abruptly, there's something off about Kiruko as well: the body of a female, but the mind of a man. What a plot twist.

Now I'm slowly invested into this hook.
Apr 8, 2023 7:34 AM

Jun 2019
Damn... that was one great episode. Loved it once again. I felt so bad for the landlady, ngl. Even tho she drugged both of them. She had the hope for her son but it was all in vain. Maru came in clutch in the end when he defeated that monster. Yeah... as others said, they definitely don't look like your normal kids. LOL. Loving the dynamic between Maru and Kiruko. That was great.

The OP was amazing... very ShingoYama inspired which was great. That plot twist tho. I wasn't expecting that. Can't wait for next week.
Apr 8, 2023 7:39 AM
Oct 2021
That flash light scene was amazing! Felt like I was watching a movie
Apr 8, 2023 7:40 AM

Jul 2021
All i can say for this episode is that, everything is unexpected.. That's all.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 8, 2023 7:42 AM
Oct 2020
Banger opening, looking forward to the rest of the series. Not too interested in the manga because I prefer the visuals of the anime, but I also like the story overall, lots of unexpected plot twists.
Apr 8, 2023 7:42 AM
Apr 2023
i like this episode
Apr 8, 2023 7:46 AM

May 2020
another amazing ep
this anime is so underrated
the world is so interesting
I love the mysterious atmosphere in this show
What's up with the kids kissing at the beginning tho...
also, kiruko is a man??tf
but ig that would explain her trying to kiss the mirror in ep 1

and the guy falling scene was somehow so creepy, brutal and weird
well cant wait for ep 3
Homura24Apr 8, 2023 11:02 AM

Apr 8, 2023 7:49 AM

Jan 2009
also if Kiruko is a man at heart then that means they are lusting over her girl body lol hence the attempt at kissing the mirror in episode 1
Apr 8, 2023 7:53 AM

Nov 2013
Another great episode. OP is fire. The pacing is pretty fast though. 
Apr 8, 2023 8:08 AM
Nov 2021
I like the mysterious atmosphere in this show...So the main characters found the tomato heaven and it wasn't convincing...The guy confessed in the middle of the chaos!!

The kids at the laboratory resembles the main characters and the girl with the scars....Maybe it's them, who knows..

Interesting stuff so far and good op song too
Apr 8, 2023 8:09 AM
Nov 2021
Lots of cryptic informations. So,
-A great disaster happened 15 years ago
-Onee chan has some backstory involving racecar 5 years ago (probably)
-Onee chan's gender is f'ed up
-People can turn into man eaters
Apr 8, 2023 8:12 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
So Kiruko is trans well that should make things interesting...
โค Incessant Rain โค

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Apr 8, 2023 8:22 AM

Apr 2018
The first half of the episode was incredibly nuts with the choreography and the lightning. Welp, the landlady thought that the Man-Eater was on her side, but guess not! Seems like she was also feeding the guests to her "son". Not sure though, it would be creepy..
Aside from that, they managed to cross the big cliff, without climbing it. And later revealed that there were indeed crocs LOL. The reactions of Kiruko and Maru were hilarious and their interaction once again in this episode was perfect.
Lastly, the place they've reached is not their end destination.  They've got a clue though with the strange symbol on the box and on the Kiro beam.. Time to go back with the ship and that's were things got a little bit spicy.
Weird ending, but it explains the kiss scene in EP1.

The opening visuals are so beautiful and the ED is so catchy.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 8, 2023 8:22 AM

Mar 2020
WOAH ANOTHER GREAT EPISODE. THIS SHOW IS SO AESTHETICALLY BEAUTIFUL. AND THE CHARACTERS ARE JUST GREAT. The story is interesting too.

THE OP AND ED SONG AND VISUALS ARE GREAT!! Damn this shows animation is just so amazing and perfect.
Looking forward next saturday again!!!!!!!!!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Apr 8, 2023 8:26 AM

Aug 2017
Well, my suspicions were correct: Kiruko is a boy in a girl body. Somewhat representative of the actual society that we (here in Arg) live in.

Also, I think that the "Tengoku" they are looking for is the institution where the children are. I mean, is the only technological advanced place we've seen so far.

Softhenic03 said:
And of course, “I’m a girl from outside, but a boy from inside”, the kind of twist arrived lol. Explains that Kiruko mirror scene from last episode.

Hmm, I'm not sure. If Kiruko has been a boy in a girl body since birth, then the mirror scene makes no sense because he has seen his female naked body a lot of times (presumably) and wouldn't find it so attractive as to try to kiss the mirror. That scene, for me, implies that while Kiruko is a girl now, up until recently he was a boy. I mean, the world has both magic and advanced technology, a consciousness transfer seems feasible.
ZenielDanakuApr 8, 2023 8:39 AM
Apr 8, 2023 8:32 AM

Jul 2020
another awesome episode from this show, the visuals in the OP are impeccable and quite the eye-candy, especially the 8-bit in there was very inventive. i am quite a fan of the atmosphere & overall tone of the series and the world only gets more expansive and interesting & theres quite a lot of mystery surrounding it & the characters. and obviously the production & animation is amazing.

Mar 2020
Another fantastic episode with great world building and visual direction, with some mystery and horror to boot. A very immersive ride that really captured my attention through its atmosphere and setting. Tomato heaven feels a bit elusive for the protagonists, but throughout their journey, they stumble upon a heaven, in a different sense.

Another thing that interested me was the sexuality of some of the people inside and outside Heaven, with two girls kissing under a tree, and also the reveal of Kiruko having the mind of a man inside the body of a woman. Maru was not ready for that, honestly quite hilarious. I guess that explains the mirror scene from last episode. This continues to be a contender for the best of the season, but there is going to be a lot of competition this season for sure. Great OP as well, Weilin Zhang did a great job directing it.
McsuperApr 8, 2023 8:40 AM

Dec 2020
Opening looked unique and amazing! loving the start. 
Sep 2015
In one moment it's just like a slice-of-life anime, and in another moment monster cutting human's body so easily just like cutting a paper.
Apr 8, 2023 8:44 AM

Jun 2016
Now that is one way to pull the rug from underneath you ๐Ÿ˜‚
Gift by Mimurona

Apr 8, 2023 8:52 AM

Jun 2014
I'm really digging the OP visuals.

The action in the first half of the episode was really good, and I liked the horror-suspense vibes it gave off. I wasn't expecting the Man-Eater to be the innkeeper's son, but I did see her death coming. It was too good to be true for the conflict to seemingly be resolved so easily lol. Maru used an interesting ability to kill the Man-Eater so I'm looking forward to learning more about that.

So I guess for now it seems like Kiruko is genderfluid? Gonna have to wait for more details on that.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 8, 2023 9:08 AM
Apr 2019
Bro with that reveal, you already know the "then something just snapped" vegeta memes are going to be insane๐Ÿ˜ญ
Apr 8, 2023 9:10 AM

Jul 2014
lmao that ending though what, he got nailed hard
Apr 8, 2023 9:15 AM

Jul 2014
I thought this second episode was pretty interesting. Especially with the mother of Yuto. It surprised me when she stood in the way between the kids and the hiruko and stopped them. It alarmed at first that the monster actually didnt smoke her pack IMMEDIATELY like I thought it wouldve the moment she jumped in the way. And it somewhat even cozied up to her for a SPLIT SPLIT second before turning her into human sushi. Then I find it more crazy that they even found a potential clue on kiruko's history with her being a kart racer before n all. It actually looked like kiruko was aware of it and knew he was telling a truth she didn't wanna hear based on the reaction she gave him when he brought it up to her. 

The mysteries behind everything keep piling up and making it more suspenseful. Whose the experimented students in that lab lookin place with the tomatoes, what are the teachers role in everything, is the a split in the timeline between kiruko and maru n the kids from the place? Cause if you peeped, the one that said to take maru to "Heaven" that had an infection going around their body looked EXACTLY like the one in the automobile wheelchair that was suffering from the same thing. I said a split timeline like what if on the outside, your future selves exist but on the inside of the lab, your past selves is there and thats why they said to drug the one that looks like you. It probably means to kill them. NAH IM CALCULATING WAY TOO MUCH POSSIBILITIES OFF THIS ONE EPISODE LMFAOOOOOOOOOO
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2023 9:16 AM

Jan 2009
This is easily the best show this season thus far.
Apr 8, 2023 9:17 AM

Apr 2019
The second episode was great as well. The fight scene was very well animated and the overall animation is very good so far. We learnt more about the kids and the facility this episode. I like how this show does world building via imagery rather than dialogue. That's something I always appreciate.

Also we got a reveal that Kiruko is a trans man. Sad for Maru. He fell in love with a dude. Let's see how their relationship develops after this reveal.

Overall rating:-4.5/5
Apr 8, 2023 9:22 AM
May 2020
ZenielDanaku said:
Well, my suspicions were correct: Kiruko is a boy in a girl body. Somewhat representative of the actual society that we (here in Arg) live in.

Also, I think that the "Tengoku" they are looking for is the institution where the children are. I mean, is the only technological advanced place we've seen so far.

Softhenic03 said:

Hmm, I'm not sure. If Kiruko has been a boy in a girl body since birth, then the mirror scene makes no sense because he has seen his female naked body a lot of times (presumably) and wouldn't find it so attractive as to try to kiss the mirror. That scene, for me, implies that while Kiruko is a girl now, up until recently he was a boy. I mean, the world has both magic and advanced technology, a consciousness transfer seems feasible.

Maybe the mind of the racer kiriko's dead brother was somehow transferred into her body and he thus changed his name into kiruko or something like that
Apr 8, 2023 9:30 AM

Oct 2022
WTF at the ending.. it seems a show more around relationships and peaceful moments in the post apocalyptic setting between the two MCs with a few of meetings with creatures and humans. For the inside college part sure they hide and is filled with many secrets… A different sci fi show with slow building

Apr 8, 2023 9:43 AM

Mar 2018
Feeling bad for Maru  ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€
Apr 8, 2023 9:44 AM
Aug 2020
That gore surprised me for good!
Apr 8, 2023 9:58 AM
Jan 2023
BRO THE ENDING WAS FUCKING UNEXPECTED โ˜ ๏ธโ˜ ๏ธโ˜ ๏ธ

(Still peak tho)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2023 9:58 AM

Jun 2021
It's good so far. I like the vibe of this anime.
Apr 8, 2023 10:12 AM

May 2015
I don't know if anybody else has noticed but the sign on the gun and the box was a bird with three legs. In shinto mitology the three legged crow Yatagarasu is a guide sent from heaven. It is the representation of the sun as well, and indeed there is a circle depicted in the sign that could be interpreted as the sun. Yatagarasu is associated with rebirth and rejuvenation, so it makes sense that an organization striving for making the word better would choose this kind of symbol after the society has collapsed.

An other thing that most likely doesn't have anything to do with the anime (just an interesting fact) is that the word "tomato" and paradise is the same word in my mother language. So I  always have to remind myself hearing that they are looking for a place with tomatoes that there is not that kind of associative connection between the plant and heaven that is being conjured up in my mind :)
IshitatesoApr 8, 2023 10:36 AM
Apr 8, 2023 10:12 AM
Jan 2023
Nooo I thought I found myself a new waifu Kiruko.I am so done now
Apr 8, 2023 10:19 AM

Feb 2019
I love this show so much already man. The mystery, the post apocalyptic society, the characters, just everything clicks. All the makings of a modern classic. I hope the story set ups pay off

Inn keeper death was so expected. I thought she’d get her head bitten off ngl lmao.

Just from the first couple episodes a couple things I’m gathering. The kids in the “heaven” base are probably pairs. So like when the guy fell off the pole his pair was hurt instead of him. I’m also guessing they’re clones but no idea why. Seems like Kuriko is actually her brother in the sister’s body since they brought up her brother in that scene with the picture. Would explain the different colour hair.

Just a lot of questions I’m excited to get answered
Marinate1016Apr 8, 2023 10:23 AM
Apr 8, 2023 10:27 AM

Oct 2022
Nice episode and seeing her reply to that confession at the end got me laughing.

" There are two wolves inside of her, one is a male and another's a female "
Apr 8, 2023 10:27 AM
Aug 2018
KANLen09 said:

Well, kids inside of the walls were unusual in any way: Tokio's crush Mimihime being in a lesbian relationship while getting Kona's drawings, it's almost like an infatuation.

What

Mimihime is the one who got her nudes sent to Shiro and later on was hugging him when that guy fell
Apr 8, 2023 10:31 AM

Dec 2016
Really great episode. It feels that a lot of substancial information was poured into a single episode, but it doesn't feel rushed, nor cutting it short, which means that there is some great editing work in it.

Really interested in this disease storyñine and how will it affect both sides of the cast. The encounter with the creature was amazing, not only in visuals but the way it was introduced as a semisentient being along with showing another face of Maru's.
Apr 8, 2023 10:43 AM
Dec 2021
why's nobody talking about the ninjutsu the girl used like its nothing. it took a whole day for Naruto to learn it.

Apr 8, 2023 10:55 AM
Aug 2018
If Kiruko is a man then I'm officially gay
Apr 8, 2023 11:06 AM
May 2017
CrossRatio said:
People can turn into man eaters

No, people are eaten by monsters and that landlady was delusional.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 8, 2023 11:07 AM
Dec 2022
Csm level adaptation. I really enjoyed it.
Apr 8, 2023 11:21 AM

Sep 2020
lol, the innkeeper died right after I crossed out the reality of her dying from that monster. Quite a slow episode but still enjoyable. I wonder how Maru and Kiruko connect with the people in that secluded facility or maybe they won't. Also, I noticed that black disease thingy that presumably killed Maru and Kiruko's friends... on one of the boys in that secluded facility so I'm sure it is something important.

"๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š."- ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

Apr 8, 2023 11:32 AM
Mar 2020
Very good, but WTF
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

468 by xZabuzax »»
Jun 2, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

477 by xZabuzax »»
May 31, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 20, 2023

299 by xZabuzax »»
May 29, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

244 by xZabuzax »»
May 29, 5:48 PM

» Kiriko and Haruki are blood related?

abuudai - May 16

10 by P1Sanctum »»
May 22, 1:45 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.