Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2023 8:57 AM
Aug 2022
It's totally looks like this Anime have lot of connections with internet world.
That was totally fun.
I felt relieved that she didn't lose faith in boys.
I actually didn't ever watched RPG Gaming Anime's but it seems interesting to me.
Ricky16Apr 1, 2023 9:34 AM
Apr 1, 2023 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
This is what I expected.. an anime connected by social media, game elements, and lighthearted comedy.

Akane doesn't feel like an impressive character at first but she is kinda relatable in terms of personality. Speaking of game elements, we have some RPG characteristics as well but just the standard, not something overexaggerated. Not going to lie, I thought it was a neat start. Might take some time to get used to Akane's character. Same with Akito but that scene with him putting shoes on for Akane was really adorable. 
Apr 1, 2023 9:00 AM

Jul 2017
One of the manga that I wanted to read before the anime started, might as well invest in the anime since it's now here.

KANA-BOON feat. Yuuho Kitazawa OP is good, while Ryujin Kiyoshi's ED is decent.

For Akane Kinoshita to lose her boyfriend Takuma Furukawa to a gamer girl online, the irritation is just as infuriating, even confiding in her friend Momoko Maeda. But the Afro "Yamada" guildmate who's just as unsociable in real life as he is in-game, trying to go all keyboard-warrioring about her breakup troubles towards this gamer guy stranger, he's not interested in hearing her struggles. Even worse, the thought of the online game's on-site event that would just repeat her dissonance all over again, Akane has to move on, she is going to make Takuma regret his decision dumping her. But like a wounded Cinderella in need of help, it's that "Yamada" that would help her get on her feet...exactly as how he's like in-game.

But the Afro Akito Yamada not recognizing Akane as her real self, it's a sense of deja vu as he's the pro-gamer of the game that they're playing, completely ignoring her. Akane forcing her way to proclaim to Takuma and his bimbo girl Eri that she is his boyfriend, it feels like the battle's not won, and neither is the war. To make matters worse, the revenge that Akane planned didn't turn into fruition, and facing the guy that isn't interested in things like romance, her day is nothing but a memory that she wanted to forget. At the very least, Yamada stayed behind and tended to her wounds, which she is surprisingly delighted, with a booze's treat.

A hangover later, and finding the same Yamada in her house next to her computer, what's the ged-up?

A good start to this romance show, all things considered that's from Madhouse.
KANLen09Apr 1, 2023 11:52 AM
Apr 1, 2023 9:04 AM

May 2020
Yes, that ex-boyfriend dude thought it’d be better to go out with a girl having similar interests, so he dumped Akane, as simple as that. But the thing is he found that girl through online games, so if he gets dumped some couple of days later, I won’t see it as any surprise. And to be frank that girl of his does seem like the type who without a shred of hesitation will go throw that dude away in a bin lol.

They say it’s a small world, but hey it isn't that small… I mean no way there’s a chance you can meet a guy whom you had a mundane chat with just the other day, mind you in that online game and now you meet him all of a sudden, have him play your pretend boyfriend and.. pretty much did everything you see plenty often in k-dramas. I mean the resemblance is way too strong lol. Yamada is unsociable, just like any japanese teenager, but he plays games, is plenty famous online, so guess it’s okay, right? 

Anyways there’s nothing much to read about the situation in the end. He probably just carried her all the way from the bar to her very own room. The usual, we know.
Apr 1, 2023 9:34 AM

Apr 2010
Somehow Akane has a lot of issues tho i get where she is coming from.
Still drinking herself to such a point that she doesn't remember how she got in Yamada's home that's pretty intense, tho i bet nothing happened.
Well it seems things might start happening between the two tho and i wonder how this will turn out.
Apr 1, 2023 10:11 AM

Apr 2016
I like the in game avatars a lot, a very unconventional design. Other than that .. this is pretty much another one of those "gamer™" romantic comedies, with a bunch of misfits, who all play the game aye ?

Cause thats what i'm here for, also the VA cast is somewhat stacked.
Apr 1, 2023 10:33 AM
Nov 2021
bro got that gamer rizz
Apr 1, 2023 10:43 AM

Jul 2021
Very fun watch! Enjoyed it way more than I thought I would 
Apr 1, 2023 10:43 AM

Nov 2016
This anime looks like tons of fun.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 1, 2023 10:47 AM

Jun 2019
Man... I love this show already. Akane is so cute and gets annoyed very easily. I felt bad for her when she got dumped but I'm glad she met Yamada who's better looking than her ex and also cares for her even as a stranger. Such a nice guy. The OP and ED are both great. Loved it.
Apr 1, 2023 10:50 AM
Oct 2016
A nice romcom this season, I already enjoy the main couple together. Akane being dumped by her boyfriend for a girl he meet in a game is a new sort of modern spin on girl gets dumped cause boyfriend found new girl. It ducks seeing her heartbroken, she's a endearing main character. I mean if she was willing to play an online game with her boyfriend so they could spend more time together she's a keeper. Not good how that kind of got turned around on her but still. Meeting Yamada in the game has already started to change things for the better. Her last relationship she was always doing things for the guy now we can immediately see Yamada caring for her. It took some prodding and a game voucher for a rare item but he did agree to be her fake boyfriend to impress her ex. Going to buy her some band aids is small but it shows he noticed her needing help. Yamada had a few moments where he noticed things weren't ok. He's got that typical handsome loner boy disposition but he does care. The art also looked gorgeous, everything had that sort or shojo fully flower filter but the character designs are soft and nice to watch. I like the faces Akane makes how crazy they can get. This is definitely a good start with that cliffhanger ending.
Apr 1, 2023 11:01 AM

Nov 2011
It started off pretty okay but as the episode continued on It just became less interesting. I know it's only episode one but Akane as a character left a bad taste in my mouth.

The good thing is there's more episodes to come so the growth potential is there.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 1, 2023 11:05 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Hey, that was pretty solid! I'm already sold on Akane-san's character, and it'll be treat to see how the relationship between these two progress to bloom into an eventual romantic relationship. 

Going to the event and trying to one-up her ex. Yeah, that was never really going to work out, honestly. Got to give her props for the quick thinking into convincing Yamada-san like that to keep up the lie afloat. 

Definitely not a good drinker either, xD. For her to end up in his bed seemingly topless (but probably not), now that will certainly be interesting! Yamada-san's seen her in tears twice already, you'd imagine something inside might've already started, lmao. Jokes aside, it was very manly to immediately go and buy some bandages after noticing her limping on her way to the washroom.

I feel like I'll be enjoying a lot, let's go! Op & ED were pretty nice too. I was excited to see the artists involved and they definitely delivered.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 1, 2023 11:09 AM

Jul 2011
The outfit was kinda meh, to bankrupt for that month.

Someone calling you by your online nickname even in an event, in really scary.

If they shagged,great. If not, winners don't lose.
Apr 1, 2023 11:10 AM

Jan 2023
SoraSenpai said:
It started off pretty okay but as the episode continued on It just became less interesting. I know it's only episode one but Akane as a character left a bad taste in my mouth.

The good thing is there's more episodes to come so the growth potential is there.
I agree with this sentiment. Hopefully later on in the series we get to some of Akane’s more redeeming qualities. As things stand, I don’t really care for her much. I’m staying open minded though. 
VexingCursesApr 1, 2023 11:17 AM
Apr 1, 2023 11:15 AM

Oct 2017
That was a fun start, I find the fmc and mc interactions quite amusing. She wants his attention yet he's just there, totally uninterested. I wonder how their romance will develop, it'll be fun to watch.
Apr 1, 2023 11:22 AM

Feb 2019
LETS GOOO PEAK SHOUJO IS HERE FINALLY

Wow, shoujo stans we got us one finally. Madhouse return with an amazing first episode. Akane is so cute, I love how the voice acting isn’t exaggerated and overly “anime-ish” too. Sounds so natural, art is gorgeous, animation was buttery smooth. The video game romantic comedy style of storytelling just works for me, can’t wait for next week. Makings of a masterpiece
Marinate1016Apr 1, 2023 11:44 AM
Apr 1, 2023 11:33 AM

Nov 2014
That was cute. Akane is pretty funny, Yamada rather basic, rest doesn't matter. Not sure what to expect of it, but I'm interested for now.
Apr 1, 2023 11:36 AM

Feb 2022
Takuma heavily downgraded from Akane with Eri

Ok, i like this so far, looks good.

Akane when she woke up..... eek.. ep2 will be fun
Apr 1, 2023 11:49 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Not the best news to bring up when visitng such a nice restaurent. But losing your other half to a girl that he met in a game that both of them play sure was harsh. Hmm the game's character models sure were pretty simple. Yamada sure had quite the long response times. Game events that take place in the real though are quite rare. Poor Akane being blown off not once but twice. Though he may be quiet and slow when it counts Yamada really is quite perceptive. Must be one hell of a night that she had though thats for sure. Overall a pretty good opening ep that while doing well to intruduce the main leads also did well to intrduce their unique bond as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2023 11:53 AM
Feb 2023
I just watched episode 1 and immediately fell in love with Yamada Kun, oh, I can't wait for the next episode🥰❤❤❤❤❤❤
Apr 1, 2023 11:54 AM
Oct 2020
the mc seems relatable but Akane has kind of the personality of a turd that refuses to leave your asshole when you take a shit...
Apr 1, 2023 12:00 PM

Jan 2021
Wow we begin this new anime with the boy dumping the girl in-front of her because he found someone else on the game, bruh. 

This is actually looking pretty interesting and nice and I'm happy it targets around gaming and the social life. 

Akane saw her ex-bf at the FOS event, she wanted to run towards him but tripped and fell, that's when Yamada came to help her and asked if everything was alright, Yamada then got dragged along to an cafe to spend some time there, Akane going to the bathroom to take some time off and when returning she thought that Yamada went to home but Yamada actually went and bought bandaids because he saw that Akane was bleeding, what an thoughtful guy. 

When Akane woke up from her hangover she woke up in Yamada's bed, both looked into each other eyes and there the cliffhanger got dropped, Yamada even said that he needs to go AFK lmao.

Nice start to the anime, love the animation and the concept.
__andre__Apr 1, 2023 12:05 PM
Apr 1, 2023 12:00 PM

Jun 2020
relatable mc.. loved the first episode
Apr 1, 2023 12:05 PM
Mar 2023
In love with Yamada since years ago still following the manga the fact finally has been animated are goals, this is one of the best couple even tho they start very slowly when they get to know each other works perfectly , i highly recommed the manga and now the anime , the hype that i have right now is nuts !!! i havent finish this season and I'm already looking for season 2 , Yamada is a must to watch every saturday!!!!
Apr 1, 2023 12:10 PM
Apr 2018
Its just me or the girl (mc) had emirichu energy?
Apr 1, 2023 12:20 PM
Jan 2019
all I can say is- that ending though 😂
Apr 1, 2023 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
very cute anime I can tell tis will be the best romcom
Apr 1, 2023 12:22 PM
Jan 2023
The first episode was a bit slow, but it did a pretty good job introducing us to Akane/Yamada and had quite a few good comedic moments.
The animation was generally solid throughout, and the op animation looked particularly nice, although it wasn't anything exceptional.

Overall, a solid premiere and a good introduction to a relatively grounded romantic comedy.
Apr 1, 2023 12:25 PM

Apr 2015
Love shows that involve gaming so I just knew I had to watch this. Decent start so far. Judging from the characters' appearance, the personalities of the characters were more or less of what I expected. Not sure if I like Akane so far - since I relate more to Yamada when it comes to romance, while Akane's feelings due to her breakup was totally understandable, I couldn't help but pity him while he was forced to hang out with her lmao. And I had to pause from the cringe when she begged Yamada to pretend to be her boyfriend. But while cliché, I'm a sucker for the hyper and quiet duo dynamic, so hopefully the characters will grow on me. Looking forward to watching more of this show! 

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Apr 1, 2023 12:25 PM
Jul 2020
it's been a long since I've watched a great introductory episode for these kinds of anime.

it made me laugh, cringe, feel sympathy, and left me with expectation of wanting even more... now I want to read the damn manga, but the anime's just begun 💀
Apr 1, 2023 12:32 PM
Jul 2020
Does male mc get interesting fast? Every time he was on the screen I was falling asleep.
Apr 1, 2023 12:36 PM
Oct 2020
Bruh those lips haahhahahaha I can't take that dudes new girlfriend seriously.
Apr 1, 2023 12:47 PM

Feb 2007
If I know stories like this, she just got drunk, threw up all over her clothes, and he had no choice but to let her take his bed. And nothing she may imagine ever happened. :D
Apr 1, 2023 1:03 PM
Nov 2022
Anime with a nice start. I found the animation made between 8 min and 9 min a bit strange, like a lag; 
or it may even have been meant to have that meaning anyway. I expect good things from this anime.

Apr 1, 2023 1:05 PM
Mar 2023
yooo im so excited for the next eps
Apr 1, 2023 1:08 PM
Dec 2016
Dude got 2 meals out of a band aid, imagine him getting a lottery ticket.
Apr 1, 2023 1:08 PM
Aug 2019
love the different approach nice and refreshing also kouki, Uchiyama really the goat
Apr 1, 2023 1:19 PM

Jan 2022
SoraSenpai said:

Yeah, I get the same feeling, too. but it's nice to see an anime about "Pick me" gals.
Apr 1, 2023 1:28 PM
Dec 2021
Feels like an inferioir version of Net-juu no Susume, mainly because Moriko is waifu level but I didn't like this girl very much (Akane)
Apr 1, 2023 1:41 PM

Jan 2022
Not my cup of tea in terms of anime, but I'll give the team props for how they animate scenes of characters' emotions.
Apr 1, 2023 1:46 PM
Mar 2023
Me: man I think this character may be asexual that probably gonna be kinda boring

The ending: oh I see, I Stan corrected
Apr 1, 2023 1:51 PM

Jun 2019
Really in love with Inorin tone here. It gives older Itsuki vibes.
Apr 1, 2023 1:55 PM

Oct 2018
Well, it's your standard shoujo script but it's brought to "animation" (lol doesn't move much) by a veteran like Morio Asaka with striking lighting and all the other quirks he has developed all over the years. Both OP and ED are nice, although I prefer the ED.
Apr 1, 2023 2:09 PM

May 2018
It was okay I guess, Yamada has no personality tho, kinda boring to see him. I wouldn't have any interest in a guy like this, but whatever, the girl is actually a nice character, I think this can be a fun thing to watch anyway.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 1, 2023 2:10 PM

Mar 2014
It's a little bit dull for me but it's not a bad start
Apr 1, 2023 2:17 PM

Mar 2015
I was a little suprised at how much I enjoyed this episode. I am definitely looking forward to more. That little ending cliffhanger was rather an unusual one as well.
The sword that takes life gives life
Apr 1, 2023 2:39 PM

Sep 2019
I like how simple minded he is. Didn't know Japan had offline events for pc games.
Apr 1, 2023 2:42 PM
Oct 2009
KANLen09 said:
One of the manga that I wanted to read before the anime started, might as well invest in the anime since it's now here.

KANA-BOON feat. Yuuho Kitazawa OP is good, while Ryujin Kiyoshi's ED is decent.

For Akane Kinoshita to lose her boyfriend Takuma Furukawa to a gamer girl online, the irritation is just as infuriating, even confiding in her friend Momoko Maeda. But the Afro "Yamada" guildmate who's just as unsociable in real life as he is in-game, trying to go all keyboard-warrioring about her breakup troubles towards this gamer guy stranger, he's not interested in hearing her struggles. Even worse, the thought of the online game's on-site event that would just repeat her dissonance all over again, Akane has to move on, she is going to make Takuma regret his decision dumping her. But like a wounded Cinderella in need of help, it's that "Yamada" that would help her get on her feet...exactly as how he's like in-game.

But the Afro Akito Yamada not recognizing Akane as her real self, it's a sense of deja vu as he's the pro-gamer of the game that they're playing, completely ignoring her. Akane forcing her way to proclaim to Takuma and his bimbo girl Eri that she is his boyfriend, it feels like the battle's not won, and neither is the war. To make matters worse, the revenge that Akane planned didn't turn into fruition, and facing the guy that isn't interested in things like romance, her day is nothing but a memory that she wanted to forget. At the very least, Yamada stayed behind and tended to her wounds, which she is surprisingly delighted, with a booze's treat.

A hangover later, and finding the same Yamada in her house next to her computer, what's the ged-up?

A good start to this romance show, all things considered that's from Madhouse.
Actually i think she was at his house, at the start of the episode she sha a different apartment and she has a notebook not PC. Animation is good, but i expected more and i kinda hoped it would be less games and more romance. As of late in all anime characters tend to spend more time gaming and in game than getting fun in real life and getting more sociable. I hoped it would be more like Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun. But i guess it will not even be close. The girl is not a gamer so to be so frustrated over a mediocre guy. His new girlfriends is ugly. Man asking to return equipment is the new low, i mean i wonder why she even bothered to return it, anyone would just delete the game, (i mean i would understand if the girl would be into that stuff but she played to spend time with him ... She isn't into games). I expected much more and i hope that further we would see developments IRL not in the game.
Apr 1, 2023 2:45 PM

Nov 2021
Wow, I really loved everything about this episode. I thought the direction was cute and creative, the pacing was good. The OP/ED are both amazing. Interesting that Madhouse is the one adapting this
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

259 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Yesterday, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2023

170 by HubbleST_ »»
May 5, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

111 by Aleice »»
May 4, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2023

95 by lunatenchi_ »»
Apr 5, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2023

79 by Sumi-tyan »»
Apr 4, 7:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.