Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 19, 2022 8:38 AM

Jul 2017
On all days, Serufu has to clock in her perfect attendance of getting injured at least once. But above all, there's someone new!

Being an overseas exchange student, Juliet seems like the type of unapproachable character with her English, until she actually drops by outside the DIY Club for Serufu to contact with her almost immediately. But within the same breath, her thought process that's just like Purin, one can understand why DIY can be seen as useless that enrages Rei on the comment that it's old, moldy and outdated.

Despite that, the feud between Rei and Juliet persists, though Rei might be in the wrong this time for not trying to understand Juliet being alone in her enrollment into their school. With Takumin's help, they manage to track and secure her for a time in DIY. Turns out, she was raised up the same way with her mum, and for the short term that she's going to be here, joining the club would suffice. Is anyone crying onion tears?

And there Juliet is: Jobko-chan. One more to add to the club, for getting her Japanese wrong. It's hard, but it's never a coincidence for moments like these.
KANLen09Oct 20, 2022 2:15 PM
Oct 19, 2022 9:00 AM

Feb 2020
Juliet is a great addition to the show. I love her character.

Hilarious scene.

Serufu is such a klutz. :P

SerafosOct 26, 2022 9:06 AM
Oct 19, 2022 9:42 AM
Dec 2021
the episode isn't even out on crunchyroll, where do you even watch it?
Oct 19, 2022 9:50 AM

Apr 2016
Excuse me while i wipe these tears with this hammer from my face, *SMACK*.

Hey, the engrish gundam kid whos ready to drill the universe is on the scene, and it takes just one look on her and you know that she owns a life size gundam toy in her home (certainly looks like she has a money potential for it too, lol).

You can climb on top of the highest mountain, youll be a king there, but a lonely king, a valuable lesson our blonde girl just learned. Also, the mom parts were touching.

RadicalSanta said:

You know that crunchyroll is not the one making anime, right ?
SwagernatorOct 19, 2022 10:25 AM
Oct 19, 2022 9:59 AM
Dec 2021
Swagernator said:
RadicalSanta said:

Swagernator said:
RadicalSanta said:

but aren't they the only one who's officially streaming the anime online, right?
RadicalSantaOct 19, 2022 10:41 AM
Oct 19, 2022 10:35 AM

May 2022
What an awesome show! So simple and unpretentious! Sort of like the DIY Club.☺️

This may end up being my favorite show of the season!
Oct 19, 2022 10:39 AM

Apr 2014
Will Serufu got hurt in every single episode? yes!
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 19, 2022 10:43 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was by far the best episode yet of an already incredible show.

I love Jobko-chan already, almost cried with her missing her mom.

Other than that, she's a fantastic addition, broken engrish is one of the things i love about anime, amuses me everytime.
Oct 19, 2022 10:44 AM

Feb 2019
Really beautiful episode. My fave so far.I’m so happy jobko finally found some friends. She looked so alone and sad in her apartment. It was pretty obvious she was only acting out because of emotional issues just like kids irl. Yua may be an airhead but she’s really good at reading people and supporting them. Can’t wait to see what the girls get up to next week.
Oct 19, 2022 10:49 AM

May 2015
AkeZZZ said:

I am worried whether she will be able to graduate without loosing a few fingers at least. She might have aquired more bruise and cut until this episode than veteran tavern brawler.
Oct 19, 2022 10:50 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Ishitateso said:
AkeZZZ said:

I am worried whether she will be able to graduate without loosing a few fingers at least. She might have aquired more bruise and cut until this episode than veteran tavern brawler.

I died inside everytime she attempted to hammer that nail in thinking that she'll hurt herself lol
Oct 19, 2022 11:08 AM

Apr 2010
Well a new girl with a long name joins the club, and she still has some trouble spelling Japanese, which already means she better than me at it.
But it's nice to see more members joining the club now the question is what's up with the other school since this almost seems like discrimination with that fancy building blocking even the sun for the other school.
Oct 19, 2022 11:49 AM

Jul 2015
AkeZZZ said:

Gotta keep that perfect attendance to school nurse.

Oct 19, 2022 11:51 AM

Nov 2016
The way Serufu holds the hammer 🤕

Great episode again, Jobko is friggin cute.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 19, 2022 11:51 AM

Mar 2021
Juliet seems a really interesting character gonna be interesting seeing her in the DIY club
Oct 19, 2022 11:56 AM

May 2013
I'm guessing she isn't actually a princess, she's just named after the queen of England, right?

Anyways, another great episode. Really liked how, in contrast to how she was acting for much of the episode, she really took to the nickname she was given.

I don't know if it's just me, but I kind of want to have an episode focused on DIY stuff next week more so than adding another new character to the mix immediately?

OH, and the OP is absolutely adorable. One of the best this year imo.
Oct 19, 2022 12:09 PM

Dec 2016
Thanks Obama!

Not a fan how angry tsunderes are still added to the show, but at least she mellowed down after a while. Not a fan of her nickname either.

Guess Purin will be the next one to get roped in to become a legit activity club.
Oct 19, 2022 12:18 PM

Aug 2019
just adorable, obama time.

Oct 19, 2022 12:34 PM

Dec 2015
Love the detail they took for Juliet's character. She couldn't read that box's kana (スこんぶ=sour kelp seaweed snack).
Seems like she can write better than she can read though. Is she going to be okay with textbooks?
Sadly, I can relate a bit, kanji can be on another level at times.

Wait... Blonde haired rich girl who is also a young prodigy that skipped grades?
Yai from Megaman NT Warrior?
Oct 19, 2022 12:35 PM

Jan 2017
This show is such a joy!
It gained a place in my personal favorites ever at this point.
I just can't help but smile from start to finish, and it leaves me in a very happy mood!
Oct 19, 2022 1:03 PM

Oct 2022
another cute episode!! i thought jobko was gonna be mean at first but she's actually a rly cute character :D
Oct 19, 2022 1:05 PM

Apr 2014
Piromysl said:
AkeZZZ said:

Gotta keep that perfect attendance to school nurse.

If the school infirmary has some kind of membership rewards program, she will be in the highest tier.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 19, 2022 1:07 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
"Good job" should go to the people giving these characters such wholesome interactions.

Oh, and the opening sequence, so cheery.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 19, 2022 1:34 PM

Jul 2011
Now is a battle between Purin and Jobko, to see which one is the bigger tsundere.

I will be an awful person and say, Jobko full name, sound like one of the names that Anya from Spy X Family would had thought for Bond.
Oct 19, 2022 1:46 PM

Jul 2022
Really like the new girl and you just gotta love the English lul.
Oct 19, 2022 1:48 PM

Feb 2014
It was surprising to see Serufu when she didn't have any injuries on herself. It didn't take long for normal services to resume and Serufu went back to being klutzy and got another trip to the infirmary. XD

The addition of Juliet, or Jobko for her nickname, was interesting. She's a child prodigy, going to high school at the age of 12, which is rather brave. However, since she's American, her Japanese isn't the best and the mix-up in knowing the school names meant that she enrolled in the school that Serufu goes to instead of the cutting-edge vocational school that she wanted to enroll in the first place. Not only that, but despite being rich and living in a massive and luxurious apartment, she's pretty much home alone and really misses her mother.

It's her love of DIY, which her mother taught her at a young age, that had her constantly coming to the DIY Club, even though her struggles to being honest with herself meant that she was at odds with Rei, but the others all helped her to have her join the club, even if her time at school with be rather short.

Seeing her smile with the others at the end of the episodes shows that the effort of having her join the club and bring an adorable smile back onto her face was worth it. =)
Oct 19, 2022 1:59 PM
Aug 2022
KANLen09 said:
Oh look, there's a new girl onboard, and she's a foreigner. Unfortunately, Juliet seems quite the hassle to work with, a desire that she hates everything DIY, and bears the hallmarks of a rich, spoiled kid, something that Rei wouldn't slide to. Yelp, the traditional vs. modern marks begin once again.

But beneath all that, Juilet is just as good as Rei in carpentry, and this was her upbringing with her mom.

Juliet will be a fun addition to the DIY Club, that's for sure.

Is it just me or are you everywhere?
Oct 19, 2022 2:17 PM
Oct 2022
I love this show so much, it's so cute!
Oct 19, 2022 2:40 PM
Oct 2016
Very nice episode, very relaxing. New girl, new angle to DIY.
Oct 19, 2022 2:53 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I definitely liked Juliet, or the nickname she now has thanks to Serufu lol, being Jobko, which is a good nickname for sure. Her engrish was also great, I appreciate having an American character in the show, always a delight to hear the engrish every now and then lol. Her little arc about joining the DIY club was a nice introduction for her, even though she’s super smart she shows more interesting in DIY, that flashback to her mom was cute too, she reminds me of Cynthia from Pokémon lol.

And I won’t lie, the ED did get me tearing up a bit, not because it was sad but because it’s just such a nice song lol, can’t explain it exactly.
Oct 19, 2022 3:30 PM
Feb 2018
love this show wonder if it get a dub
Oct 19, 2022 4:19 PM

Mar 2020
This show never ceases to make me smile. Jobko and Rei have such a good dynamic, and I loved some of the shots this episode, especially those dandelions at the end, wow, those were beautiful. I assume the DIY club will get yet another member next episode, and I can't wait! I need more!
Oct 19, 2022 5:04 PM

May 2022
AkeZZZ said:

Maybe a little sadistic, but…The more Bansoko, the better the episode? Instead of rating the episode, we could just count the injuries!
Oct 19, 2022 5:11 PM
Mar 2021
the production values of this show are low-key insane, everything is so seamless and fluid, the backgrounds are godly, the level of detail on the flowers makes them look almost photographic. And the characters are all so expressive! Jobko's dynamic expressions and the way her body language is animated, there's just such an attention to detail.
and the experience of watching it is pure serotonin. really hard to say if this or Bocchi the Rock is my favorite of the season, they're both insane productions driven by some of the most talented people in the entire industry.
Oct 19, 2022 5:31 PM

Dec 2013
This show is just too blessed, Serufu is an angel, Rei has the Patience of a saint and never loses her mind with Serufu and Takumi while quiet she is constantly looking at the people around her trying to understand them.
Oct 19, 2022 5:54 PM
Nov 2016
Cute as always...everytime I see Serafu, I just wanna hug her and protect her...and poor Pig endures another episode of torture at the hands of mom's cooking, this time via pork tongue.
Oct 19, 2022 7:11 PM
Dec 2020
Loved it as much as the other episodes! Very cute story and it warms my heart +++ I love the 'family' feel that this anime gives :)
Oct 19, 2022 7:12 PM
Dec 2020
OG_Otaku said:
What an awesome show! So simple and unpretentious! Sort of like the DIY Club.☺️

This may end up being my favorite show of the season!
Me too! It's so so wholesome TvT
Oct 19, 2022 7:34 PM
Aug 2021
I truly hate that shows as awesome as this one get pummeled by stupid reviewers and that those reviews are what the app shows. there should be a way to change that.

it's a cutesy CGDCT show with awesome characters/seyuus and so fluffy and relaxing and we have to put up with troll reviews of 3 stars ???
ggggrrrrrr
Oct 19, 2022 8:36 PM
Apr 2020
I just want to see a character on this show named Homer M. Provement
Oct 19, 2022 9:02 PM

Jul 2008
This purify my soul!
My candies:
Oct 19, 2022 11:15 PM
Oct 2019
annoying brat character is here, kinda.

Her Engrish was Hilarious!! good try though lol

Poor Pig has to watch they eat their kind on daily basis.. LMAO
Oct 19, 2022 11:30 PM
Oct 2022
gawed said:
I truly hate that shows as awesome as this one get pummeled by stupid reviewers and that those reviews are what the app shows. there should be a way to change that.

it's a cutesy CGDCT show with awesome characters/seyuus and so fluffy and relaxing and we have to put up with troll reviews of 3 stars ???
ggggrrrrrr

Haters gonna hate, just relax and enjoy the show.
Do you really think, that opinion of people, who scored Steins;Gate: 5/10; NHK ni Youkoso!: 4/10; Paprika:3/10; K-On!: 2/10 matters? :)
Oct 20, 2022 12:48 AM

Jun 2019
Jobko is so freaking adorable and she's so small. Of course, she misses her mum. She messed up the school name. I love this show so much. My adorable girls! I love them all.

The pig is too funny.
Oct 20, 2022 1:03 AM
Apr 2019
Such a cute episode, glad Jobko got along with everyone in the end
Oct 20, 2022 2:44 AM

Mar 2008
What would someone crying do with a hammer? Bash their head with it? Lol

Do Japanese think Americans are all giving thumbs up all the time?
Oct 20, 2022 5:13 AM

Jan 2021
HAHAHA. What a wonderful way to get to school by helicopter. And look at that smile... and "shut up!! leave me alone!!" she's really an extraordinary and full of energy even in the morning xD

But she is crying after that omg xD she showed so many expressions in just a few minutes and it's still morning :")

Turns out she wrote the name of the school wrong hahaha. It's okay, you can laugh freely and do some DIY there, Jobko-chan ♡
If everyone will be as great as her at Yuyu High, then she can find different people and happiness in Gata High :D

Oct 20, 2022 5:58 AM

Jul 2016
it was quite a sad beginning but I'm glad she joined in the end and seemed to come out of her shell.

Episodes keep getting better.
Oct 20, 2022 6:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol the new blond girl kinda reminds me of Taiga from Toradora for her situation and personality, good thing she joined the DIY club in the end, though WTF is her real name and that engrish ahaha
Oct 20, 2022 6:52 AM

Oct 2016
What a great episode, probably the best so far even.

Lmao that's why Jobko-chan was prickly at the start with Purin, she got the schools wrong, but hey, that was probably a blessing in disguise.

Another week of the pig living in suffering.

I wonder if Purin will be transferring next or they'll save her for last after Kouki. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 21, 2022

141 by Puncheon »»
May 21, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2022

240 by The-Black-Terror »»
May 1, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Oct 12, 2022

173 by Wonderlust_Arte »»
Apr 24, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 26, 2022

106 by ANDRZEJ11121 »»
Dec 11, 2023 12:38 PM

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 14, 2022

62 by HanamiDango »»
Oct 15, 2023 2:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.