Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
When Will Ayumu Make His Move?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 8, 2022 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
So that' s what Urushi's dad looks like lol. Not what you'd expect but seems like a chill guy.

We got more Rin this episode, which I'm quite pleased to see. What I didn't expect this episode is swimsuit shopping. Came out of nowhere but yeah lol
Sep 8, 2022 10:51 AM

Apr 2010
Meeting the parents i guess one of whom had a major misunderstanding which was funny.
The mother was teasing them a bit tho which was also funny to watch.
I guess we might still have some nice things waiting on us.
Sep 8, 2022 2:10 PM
Sep 2021
I love how chill this thread is , its like heavon on mal.
Sep 9, 2022 9:06 AM

Sep 2020
That misunderstanding is very funny, also the interaction between her parents is very interesting to watch.
Sep 9, 2022 9:12 AM

Apr 2016
Dude, Gendo Ikari just randomly decided to show up in this show, and he did not forgot to bring his gloomy atmosphere with him. Well, that was at least in the first, before the misunderstanding was resolved.

Urushi's parents surely are too an interesting pair, arent they lol. All ends well with a mom like that ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 9, 2022 9:24 AM

Jul 2017
Tanaka getting wet to save Urushi, and they got a hug together, nice. But the meeting of the love interest and her father...and suddenly proclaiming that they're a couple, yelp...?

Enquiring the okonomiyaki uncle a bit further, and it's known that Urushi's father wants to go pro in Shogi, but couldn't and felt distressed to place that expectation on her as means to replace his failed expectations. Tanaka requesting a duel with Urushi's dad, and this gets serious fast to the point of Tanaka's defeat, which even with a large handicap, couldn't get past him. But this turned out to be a misunderstanding, as this became the "meet the parents" session with the marriage topic for teasing, and realistically, it's the communication between father and daughter that caused a rift, and mainly the father whom has an ego if he lost, for someone whom loves playing Shogi. Simply put, Urushi's father is childish.

It's another day of Shogi, but also the planning for the school trip...whihc means that Urushi will be gone, and Tanaka's depressed that he could not see her for 4 days. And since there's enough time for the planning, going shopping is a good choice...but why does it have to be a swimsuit shop, one can tell for sly reasons. The night before the trip, and a short meetup between both Tanaka and Urushi sends good vibes and reassurance, the former spending good time outside of Shogi, and the latter being trained by Rin to be a better player.

The school trip is on for Urushi, and Tanaka's training, all in 4 days worth of time. Enjoy the trip, be safe, and work hard.
Sep 9, 2022 9:36 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Ayumu was a bit disappointed it wasn't raining today as he would have got to share an umbrella with Urushi xD.
Ayumu goes over to her house but her parents aren't there.
Her father is a writer it seems.
Urushi didn't answer if her father was a shogi player for some reason.
As Ayumu is about to leave...
HER FATHER IS AT THE DOOR!
He is so tall he bangs his head on it lol.
And Urushi introduces Ayumu as her boyfriend?!!
She then pulls him away from the house and they go to the food place they went to last time.
Whilst Ayumu goes to run her burnt finger under cold water, the shop owner tells Ayumu that Urushi and her father get along fine.
When Urushi comes back, she tells him that her father wanted to be a professional shogi player but wasn't able to and ever since he doesn't like the mention of it.
The next moment, her father walks into the restaurant.
He tells Urushi they are leaving but before that, Ayumu challenges her father to a duel and says if he wins then he has to listen to what Urushi has to do.
Urushi's father wants to have an eight piece handicap for some reason.
But Ayumu is defeated very quickly!
He asks for another game however...
HE THINKS URUSHI WANTED TO ASK HIM ABOUT MARRIAGE??!!!
Seems he was just mistaken xD. And he was even bracing himself to hear Urushi had a kid lol.
Urushi tells him she is in the shogi club. And just after that, Urushi's mother also arrives at the restaurant.
'So when's the ceremony?'
ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA SUPREMACY NANO DESU!!!!!
Seems her mother had a feeling Urushi was in the shogi club.
Her father tells Urushi that she should do what she wants. She is surprised.
Urushi's mother says that he actually loves shogi.

And the reason her father is sulking about shogi is because...

URUSHI'S GRANDFATHER SAID THAT URUSHI BEAT HIM IN A MATCH WHEN SHE WAS A KID AND HE WAS PLAYING FOR HER?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The next day in club, Urushi is very enthusiastic. Seems there is a school trip for 4 days! But only for Urushi's year...
Ayumu is too depressed to play shogi against Rin.
Seems Rin knows the feeling as she was lonely to not be in school with someone she loves...
Ayumu asks Urushi to send her pictures of her clothing when she buys them.
Meanwhile, Urushi seems to be embarassed as her friends have brought her to an underwear shop.
She can't send pictures of this type of clothing to Ayumu though xD.
Urushi packs her portable shogi set.
And Ayumu asks to meet her for a few minutes to talk.
Urushi invites him inside to play some shogi but he has to decline otherwise he may play too long.
He gives Urushi a good luck charm and then wishes her a good class trip.
She says she will also miss him (kind of) lol.

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDSep 9, 2022 9:47 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 9, 2022 9:58 AM

Mar 2021
Urushi's parents seem such a nice couple its hilarious that her dad immediately thought they were getting married
Sep 9, 2022 10:01 AM

Jul 2021
Awesome episode.

This is probably one of the few romcoms which is having consistent romantic developments over the course of every single episode and I love it.

It's already been a year since the umbrella sharing event of episode 1, huh?

Urushi's dad is huge, he looks even more huge when compared to Urushi. The mum's responsible for Urushi being so smol and cute. The mum kinda looks like a grown Urushi + Takagi not gonna lie, no surprise there though given both characters are created by the same author.

They made it quite tense during the shogi duel lol. All for nothing. Urushi's dad is wild though, directly thinking his daughter wants to get married xD.

Between all the comedy we kind of get to see what Rin might have went through after Ayumu graduated. It's very surprising she's actively helping Ayumu to get together with Urushi, she's either got a big heart or she's really dumb.

There are night scenes in Takagi san and then in this, they are really the highlights. Urushi admitting she'll miss Ayumu and even saying that to him was very surprising and I loved to see it. It's said distance always makes you realise how much you love a person. Will this trip and the distance change something for Urushi? Will we be blessed with the sight of Ayumu and Urushi as a couple before this Season ends? I very much hope so.

Urushi was even more cute in this episode than normal. Excellent episode with cuteness and wholesomeness overload. 5/5.

Mister_WD said:
I love how chill this thread is , its like heavon on mal.
posts in ep discussion of shows which are cute and wholesome are always pretty good. pretty much the only discussion posts where people aren't toxic or rude. everyone in these threads love the wholesome content and everyone is pretty nice. that's what i've noticed. be it sol or cgdct animes too, people in those ep discussions are generally nice.
TsutanaiFuunSep 9, 2022 10:08 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 9, 2022 10:21 AM

Mar 2020
Probably my favourite episode so far. Love the parents, and the interactions all the characters had. There are also consistent romantic developments which is always welcome. The show is getting better for me with time.
Sep 9, 2022 10:56 AM

May 2021
Holy hell, this guy can hold a grudge if he wanted to. What a large hunk of meat.

Sep 9, 2022 11:26 AM

Oct 2017
Funny misunderstanding with Urushi's parents. They are nice people. So Ayumu gotta live four days without Urushi, sucks for him.
Sep 9, 2022 11:55 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Even without Sakurako and Takeru, this has been the best episode so far.

It struck a good balance. You'd probably not want too much drama in a mostly light-hearted, feel-good show like this, but it can't hurt to have some weight to it either. Instead of getting into a whole subplot with Urushi's father forbidding her from playing shogi, we instead get misunderstandings cleared up, and everyone's happy.

The balls on Ayumu tho for asking for a re-match when the dad already agreed to play a game with him, and also totally obliterated him, with an eight-piece deficit. Yet the dude still pleads to play again. Although in the end it was worth it because it helped clear the air as daddy urushi reveals that he was assuming that Ayumu was asking for his daughter's hand in marriage lol.

And now Urushi is off on a 4-day school trip. I hope the next episode is dedicated to that school trip and showing Urushi and Ayumu spending time apart, and then maybe seeing each other again at the end of the episode.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 9, 2022 1:49 PM

Feb 2014
I wasn't expecting this episode to have a chunky dose of drama with Urushi's massive father, but all it took was one game shogi, which Ayumu got absolutely thrashed, despite having an eight-piece handicap in his favour, just to clear up a misunderstanding on Urushi's father's part. An explanation of his backstory from her mother that explained how he got sulky and upset after Urushi's late grandfather helped her win against her dad was pretty amusing.

You do have to applaud Ayumu for his ballsy move of asking for a rematch with her father despite his heavy loss against him. =P

Urushi and the other third years will be having their 4-day school trip and Maki and Urushi's other friends decided to go underwear shopping, much to my surprise. Seeing Maki teasing Urushi while holding a lacy red briefs was very amusing. Now I can't help but imagine Urushi wearing it now! XD

Putting that aside, it was nice of Rin to dedicate herself to helping Ayumu to improve his shogi skills. Her reactions to him does imply that she has some sort of feelings for him, although as someone who majorly ships Ayumu and Urushi together, I don't think Rin will go any further than that romantically speaking.

Of course, one of the highlights of the episode was Ayumu calling out Urushi on the night before the trip, where he gave her a good luck charm. Urushi almost voiced out that she would miss him, but changed her words at the last second. Either way, she saw him off with a cute smile. ^_^

Overall, this was a nice episode, with plenty of humour and bit of a surprise fanservice part as well. Hopefully Urushi's trip will inspire Ayumu to vastly improve his shogi skills!
Sep 9, 2022 3:21 PM
Jun 2020
I hate when an author introduces a love triangle which everyone already know who is the one who will win. It looks so pointless.
Sep 9, 2022 5:03 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode as usual. Urushi's dad just being salty was great and OMG MILF ALERT for Ushi's mom.

Polvo_Aranha said:
I hate when an author introduces a love triangle which everyone already know who is the one who will win. It looks so pointless.

Good thing this show didn't do that then
Sep 9, 2022 5:11 PM
Jun 2020
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Polvo_Aranha said:

Manga reader. I have some bad news...
Sep 9, 2022 5:16 PM

Sep 2011
Polvo_Aranha said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Manga reader. I have some bad news...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkDMz2ml0gw
Sep 9, 2022 5:25 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Getting to see Urushi’s parents was cool, the dad definitely put off a threatening vibe but Ayumu is a very brave boy lol, and the mom was definitely a MILF, love the closed eyes trope, and the fact the two of them were expecting marriage was really funny lol, it'll probably happen in the future tho. And the reason Urushi’s dad quit Shogi for so long was pretty silly, I feel like he shoulda been happy his daughter was taking interest, but it’s good to see he’s happy now.

And looks like we’re about to enter an arc where Urushi is gone on her 3rd years trip for 4 days and Ayumu has to survive without her that long lol, but I look forward to the moments between him and Rin that could possibly happen, as well as the reunion which will most likely be amazing. Also Urushi getting flustered in the underwear store was great lol.
Sep 9, 2022 6:28 PM

Dec 2013
Well now Urushi's parents know who is going to be their daughter's future husband, they were just worried about her marriage being too soon haha, poor ayumi nobody respects his shogi skills.

On another note, and not like it is that bad, but man I really dislike the love triangle, it just makes me feel bad for Rin, specially since she is so nice, kind and determined.
Sep 9, 2022 6:54 PM

May 2019
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Good episode as usual. Urushi's dad just being salty was great and OMG MILF ALERT for Ushi's mom.

Polvo_Aranha said:

Yes MILF alert! I was like woah when Urushi's mom suddenly showed up!

Btw, smol Urushi (well very young Urushi since she is still smol lol) was so cute and I can't believe her dad held a grudge because she said, "You're bad at this, Dad!" like seriously?? She was what? 3 or 4 years old? And it was obvious it was grandpa that did the moves, come on! Anyways, very good episode overall, wondering if they'll show the field trip next episode and with Rin training Ayumu.
Sep 9, 2022 7:53 PM
Mar 2015
Dad is a little weirid
Sep 9, 2022 8:38 PM
Oct 2021
This love is warming up
Sep 9, 2022 8:47 PM

Feb 2021
Tanaka is gonna be a very lonely man for the four days Urushi is on the school trip. We now also have the parents approval with Tanaka and Urushi. But Urushi's dad would still be worried anyways.

Image of Urushi getting teased by Maki because why not:

Sep 9, 2022 9:07 PM

Feb 2018
I always love how Urushi is getting teased about her relationship with Ayumu. The dad was even confused.
Sep 9, 2022 9:44 PM

Jul 2008
Cute
1234567890-
My candies:
Sep 9, 2022 9:51 PM

Feb 2019
Omg this was by far the best episode for me. Urushi made some major strides. Loved her ponytail look too at the end. The whole “i miss you” scene was amazingly cute. I gotta start reading this.
Sep 10, 2022 9:04 AM
Sep 2021
We meet Urushi's dad and his backstory is revealed in the 1st half, there were good interactions in the 1stbhalf and in the 2nd we get to know that urushi and her class are getting ready for their trip. The 1st half was good rather than the 2nd.

I give this episode 6/10.
Sep 10, 2022 9:45 AM

Nov 2017
the best episode so far!
Stay gold!
魔法よ魔法よ生まれておいで!
Sasuga Kasuga! Osaka fan club on MAL. Join us if you like Osaka-san!
Sep 10, 2022 1:38 PM

Nov 2013
Urushi's parents are fun.
Sep 10, 2022 1:56 PM
Jun 2021
Loved it! was very good
Sep 10, 2022 3:47 PM

Apr 2016
Can I say that I love Urushi’s father? He’s funny and his look is just priceless.
Sep 10, 2022 7:03 PM
Jul 2021
omg i cant describe how it was so ok
Sep 10, 2022 9:49 PM
Oct 2019
Daddy was hilarious AF
Sep 10, 2022 11:15 PM

Jul 2016
Why does Urushi's father look like a caveman caught mid-evolution?
Sep 10, 2022 11:42 PM

Dec 2021

LMAO

This episode was so good lol.
Sep 11, 2022 2:59 AM
May 2019
Loved this episode and loved the milf Urushi too, lol .. when's the ceremony?
Sep 11, 2022 5:20 AM

May 2018
lmao I'm not surprised that Urushii's parents think Ayumu and Urushii are getting married
Sep 11, 2022 10:31 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ahah Urushi's parents are fun especially the father, that's so much of a dumb reason to stop playing shogi xD but at least everything is resolved now and he knows that his daughter is in the shogi club... also that ending scene between Urushi and Ayumu was cute, it will feel empty without her in the next days
Sep 11, 2022 1:57 PM

Aug 2021
Fun episode. I like that we got a little bit of story behind Urushi and her family, that was nice to see. Second half of the episode wasn't as good though.
Sep 11, 2022 4:12 PM
Mar 2021
Chill, funny and a little bit romantic. I need anime like this so i like it.
Sep 12, 2022 6:48 AM

Jun 2016
4 days without Urushi.. I wonder how Ayumu will handle that lmao
I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil.

STAPLE STABLE
Sep 12, 2022 6:31 PM

Feb 2022
joder que desarrollo tan increible
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Sep 13, 2022 12:40 AM

Jan 2020
With MAL still not showing how many episodes this is expected to be, I'm growing wary it'll end up being 2-cour. I don't want to have to watch another 12 episodes come October.

I really, really don't like when shows skip their OP -- Like, once a season, during the finale, I can deal with. But, this series is seriously overusing that gimmick.

Urushi's parents are one of the more interesting aspects so far. Too bad they're only just now getting introduced. Perhaps if her father had been here from the beginning we'd have been able to focus up a bit on the shogi.

Teasing without gratification, and, what's worse, Urushi is confirmed worst girl as she won't send Tanaka lewd pics.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 14, 2022 1:50 AM

Feb 2021
Urushi's dad sure looks strict and scary lol.

The name of the anime is "When will Ayumu make his move?" and in this episode Urushi was the one who technically made the first move by making Ayumu her boyfriend (even though it was only for show lol)

Lmao, the bomb Urushi's dad dropped was fricking hilarious. Urushi getting married and becoming pregnant at this age. He needs to know that every place ain't America 💀💀💀

Urushi's mom is just Urushi but a bit taller and with Maki's voice+personality lol.

Maki teasing Urushi lives rent-free in my head. One of the favourite moments in any episode it shows up lmao.

I wonder if we'll get to see Urushi's 4-day trip.

The good luck charm was pretty cute.

Sep 16, 2022 2:51 AM

Aug 2018
Ayumu was at Urushi's house and met Urushi's father. When she asked about Urushi she said he was her boyfriend...Yes, she said that. The thing is why did she say that? And it's because she didn't want to tell her father that she was in a Shogi club, and her father showed up at the restaurant. Ayumu challenged him to a game to listen to Urushi and he accepted, she beat him fast xd. And the thing is that he thought that Urushi was going to marry Ayumu, then Urushi explained what really happened. After a while his mother arrived, she's very pretty. And she explained why her father quit Shogi, it was because Urushi beat him, and that's it.
And well, Urushi is calm now.
Urushi is going to have a school trip and won't be at the club for four days, Rin noticed that Ayumu is sad that she won't be there. And she will help him by training a little bit. Before Urushi goes on the trip, Ayumu went to her to give her a lucky charm. Let's see how she will do.
Good chapter.

Sep 22, 2022 1:19 PM

May 2020
I cracked up the moment Urushi's mom asked, "when is the ceremony". Really her parents giving the impression in total contrast of their looks, especially dad.

Again loved just how blunt Ayumu was, if you gonna miss someone then straight up say it on their face lol.
Oct 2, 2022 5:17 PM

Sep 2016
Ayumu lost with an eight-piece deficit.... oh man. Love the interaction with Urushi's parents, wish they had been introduced earlier.
;

This Life. This Night. Your Story. Your Pain. Your Hope. It matters. All of it matters.

;

Oct 13, 2022 1:05 PM

Dec 2020
Truck-kun is slacking lately
Nov 7, 2022 7:29 AM

Feb 2021
So that's the reason why Her dad didn't play Shogi for a long time XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something.....

Ghefira - 7 hours ago

3 by yukiyamayui »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2022

97 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 20, 6:46 PM

Poll: » Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2022

66 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 19, 6:42 PM

» we have the 2 main couples, but who shoud Rin be paired up with?

weeaboo5008 - Dec 28, 2023

6 by Sakura_2345 »»
Dec 30, 2023 8:56 PM

Poll: » Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

60 by suyumanda »»
Oct 6, 2023 8:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.