Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
When Will Ayumu Make His Move?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 22, 2022 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
It's interesting they had mostly all the characters in this finale. Obviously, Urushi gets the most spotlight but i's nice to see others too.

Outside of their club, we got to see her hang out with friends. Thank God Rin got some screen time and alone with Ayumu. I personally enjoy their character chemistry even if her character was introduced somewhat late in the season. Of course, he and Urushi had cute chemistry this episode too.

8/10, overall enjoyed this anime a lot!
Sep 22, 2022 9:57 AM

Jul 2017
With Ayumu's call to Urushi, she can't hide it any longer with her emotions. But what they can both engage in while talking about the trip, and unsurprisingly where the latter feels most comfortable in is playing Shogi with him.

Urushi's school trip continues while the rest practice their Shogi craft, with Ayumu training with Rin so that he can confess to Urushi. The latter instead questioning her worries of the "what if" scenario if he backfires, but he's sure to keep trying and never give up. This was the same back in their Kendo days, and although she most certainly was flustered due to her complaints, she is OK with him being that way.

Maki certainly was disappointed that the call last night went nowhere, she certainly was looking for some hot stuff xD. But in the midst of buying souvenirs like Shogi keychains (even a matching "pawn" for herself and Ayumu), Ayumu's charm got dropped and thankfully it was where it is. However, this rando cat that tries to snatch the charm away ended up bringing Urushi to a cherry blossom tree, and she most certainly wished that Ayumu was here with her right at that very moment. A good thing this happened because Urushi FINALLY confessed to Maki that she likes Ayumu, only this time with breaming confidence.

Urushi is back in school, and the Shogi Club that's still as wild as ever, and proceeds to hand out souvenirs to everyone, plus the Shogi keychains (with a special one for him). Urushi may act confident and all, but in all honestly, she's just as embarrassed, but elated at the same time.

Takeru and Sakurako also got their own sweet moment...AND IS THAT A MOFO KISS from the girl herself!? Finally, Ayumu won a game against Urushi, and Rin departs from the clubroom wishing her Senpai the best of luck. And after all this time, Ayumu just wants to keep the status quo so that both him and Urushi can keep their heads held high, which is an alternative that I'm actually OK with.

A very good show, but Takagi-san is still tops.
KANLen09Sep 23, 2022 9:27 AM
Sep 22, 2022 10:55 AM

Apr 2010
In the end it seems like they are a couple without even realising it and their friends are supporting them with everything they got all they have to do is put it into words.
The anime was nice to watch and i enjoyed it every week it was also calming to watch and the couple was cute.
Sep 23, 2022 12:16 AM

Sep 2020
She realized she like him, and got the same souvenir for Tanaka and herself, and also he finally wins a round! Very great ending~
Sep 23, 2022 9:14 AM

Apr 2016
An adequate finale.

Still a pretty average show to be fair, nothing really happend, just a bunch of cute moments to smile about, cute people doing cute things and so on ... and shogi. Funny cheerful characters, comedy, pacing was good with this as well, at first i thought that the 20+ minutes wont be a good choice but hey, actually it was.

Now, from all the forehead manga this author is making (all at the same time btw, lol) this is the best one for me, by a mile definitely. Wouldn't mind a second season. Also, see ? You can make a shogi anime without people having a mental breakdown every five minutes.
Sep 23, 2022 9:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Cute ending, good thing she didn't lose the lucky charm during the trip and went back to school to give them to the club and especially the matching one to Ayumu, Rin really thought Ayumu would confess after beating Urushi at shogi but of course he was playing with a handicap, she might have a chance until he properly beat here in the rules, we'll see if this show gets a 2nd season then
Sep 23, 2022 9:52 AM

Feb 2022
That was a fun enough series, it was left very open ended.

At least Ayumu beat her but with a piece advantage so it does not count towards his confession win

Maki for me was best girl, shes so much of a fun troll but also a great friend.

So Takeru and Sakurako, shame we didnt get a confession and proper couple there but its pretty much one

Rin with a lot of regrets in the end
Sep 23, 2022 9:54 AM

May 2020
Took only 12 weeks but thankfully she realized the obvious, though that's still a pretty decent feat given the usual average is thrice as long lol.

Love triangle was meant to be doomed, so not much to say there. Though good to see things went well with our other pair too, going as far as teasing a kiss xD

Decent enough show, never expected something outrageously different and well not like they even tried to.
Sep 23, 2022 9:55 AM
Sep 2015
Swagernator said:
Also, see ? You can make a shogi anime without people having a mental breakdown every five minutes.

Actually I prefer a shogi anime with people having a mental breakdown every five minutes. And yes, I know you mean 3-gatsu no Lion.
Sep 23, 2022 9:58 AM

Mar 2021
A nice Final episode it seems that Takeru and Sakurako shared a kiss and Urushi finally Discovered that she likes Ayumu

Feel bad for Rin though
Sep 23, 2022 10:04 AM

Oct 2017
Urushi finally realised she likes Ayumu, that's sweet. Did Takeru and Sakurako kiss? Nah, prolly not.

Till the end Ayumu never made his move. Will we get more season to see him make his move? Hopefully.
Sep 23, 2022 10:05 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Urushi gets a call from Ayumu and she is very happy to hear his voice again xD.
'The moon is beautiful, isn't it?'
Ayumu makes Urushi blush again lol.
He tells her he didn't text her because he didn't want to interrupt her trip.
After Rin's training, Ayumu is now ready to face Urushi.
Rin is a bit doubtful as it seems that the same strategy of beating someone to ask them out didn't work for one of her friends.
Meanwhile, it seems Urushi has lost Ayumu's good luck charm!
But it seems a cat has it and ran away with it!
Luckily, she gets it in the end.
Urushi has figured out she likes Ayumu!
She arrives back and goes to the shogi club to give everyone their gifts.
Then her and Ayumu have a match...
And Ayumu wins! (But with a four piece handicap) xD.

I loved this show a lot and I hope this will boost manga sales and sell blu rays and we get a season 2!
Rem4lifexDSep 23, 2022 10:10 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 23, 2022 10:16 AM

Jan 2020
Last one!

Oh, okay. So the phone call match wasn't the big battle thing. It's just like a normal, daily match. I thought that would be a bit weird considering how important Ayumu considers this "confession" match.

Urushi threw a shoe at this cat. So mean, so hurtful.

At the rate we're going, I feel like they aren't going to show the shogi match and it'll end up being an open-ended type thing. They managed to squeeze it in, but what an underwhelming victory for something built up all season. And then, he didn't even say the thing. ಠ_ಠ

Overall, it wasn't all that bad, but I wouldn't say I was particularly interested in any of the plot points or characters either. My main complaint the whole way through was the lack of focus on shogi, which is what I thought this would be about.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 23, 2022 10:40 AM

Jul 2021
Nice ending, no cliffhanger just a nice ending, now all that's left is a season 2 announcement.

The charm dropping and then taken away by cat was cliche af but well it ended well, that one incident made Urushi realise she likes Ayumu, that was the highlight of the episode.

The Rin part is still sad, she's a really good person for doing what she's doing.

And seems like Ayumu is not going to confess unless he beats Urushi all fair and square, which is very nice of him and also seems like just postponing the actual confession.

9/10 overall. Really hoping this gets a season 2.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 23, 2022 10:48 AM

May 2017
Super cute show. I'd love the chance to read the manga further if this is officially translated in English.
I haven't seen Takagi-san yet, but I'll definitely check it out once I finish Komi-san ✌️ seems like it would be cute. The teasing relationship was adorable, I'm excited to consume the creators other works.
Sep 23, 2022 10:56 AM

Feb 2019
Such a cute finale. Like I said early on, this did end up being better than Takagi for me. Just such a cute and wholesome show.

I’m proud of urushi for finally realising how she feels. She was too embarrassed to even tell her best friend about it a few weeks ago, hopefully she gets the courage to tell ayumu if he doesn’t tell her.

I hope rin finds happiness though. I’m glad she didn’t take things too hard. She seemed to genuinely wish for Ayumu’s happiness when she left them alone in the club room, hopefully she gets hers too

We kinda did get a cliffhanger with Takeru and Sakurako so I need a second season to see how things turn out with both ships lol. Onto the manga in the meantime
Marinate1016Sep 23, 2022 10:59 AM
Sep 23, 2022 10:58 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great finale, we didn't just get one couple sorted but the other too and they're accelerating off to another phase, certainly didn't expect that!

Senpai noticing her feelings by instinctively calling out for Ayumu there was too touching, and just the way the scenes were handled made it really impactful. Maki-san's reaction was spot on, xD. About freakin' time, yeah?

Kagawa played the winger role like a boss and credits to her for being able to impart some wisdom to push Tanaka further. Looks like Tanaka did end up winning but it wasn't a fair placement at the start so it isn't good enough for him. Kind of bummed but that's to be expected, lol.

All in all, it was a great watch! I really like the dancing sequence in the Op btw, I think that deserved more attention...

Anyways, 8/10.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 23, 2022 11:30 AM

Mar 2015
all the buildup and for fucking what? major disappointment
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Sep 23, 2022 12:03 PM

May 2018
I actually thought Ayumu was going to confess but no the game was still handicapped xD

6/10
Sep 23, 2022 12:20 PM

Apr 2022
does the manga still continues after this? I haven't checked the manga yet... do somebody know?
Sep 23, 2022 1:50 PM

Feb 2021
Maki still being the best wingman for Urushi. I really thought Tanaka was going to confess at the end lol. The series was overall pretty relaxing with not much drama, not my favourite but was quite enjoyable.
Sep 23, 2022 2:28 PM

Jan 2021
Byniavo said:
I actually thought Ayumu was going to confess but no the game was still handicapped xD

6/10

I though that too but they didnt force anything, maybe season 2 if bluray sales are good enough? i wish!

8/10, i really enjoyed this anime, cool and calm.
Sep 23, 2022 3:04 PM
Sep 2021
A good end, Urushi is very cute when she realizes she is in love with Ayumu, with the blossom thing and all, it's a good end honestly. But poor Rin, she doesn't deserve to be sad :(
Sep 23, 2022 3:10 PM

Feb 2014
For a finale, this was a very cute one at that. It was probably a good thing that Urushi dropped her lucky charm, as it led her to that pretty cherry blossom tree, which finally made her realise her true feelings towards Ayumu. Maki's reaction to hearing that from Urushi was very adorable, too. She's such a great friend to Urushi! ^_^

Thanks to Rin's teaching, Ayumu can now win against Urushi with a 4-piece handicap, so he's getting closer towards his ultimate goal. Not just that, but Takeru and Sakurako had a cute moment underneath the library desk, which the scene sadly ended when it got very juicy. Dirty way to tease us viewers like that! XD

Overall, like with Kunoichi Tsubaki from the previous season, this series can't hold a candle to Takagi-San, but it still has plenty of cute and memorable moments for me, enough for me to start collecting the official manga here in the U.K.

7/10 is my final score, like with Kunoichi Tsubaki. If there's a second season for this series, I'll be there to watch it. =D
Sep 23, 2022 3:11 PM

Dec 2013
That was a really nice and heartwarming show, super enjoyable, every character was too precious specially Maki, kinda sucks seeing Rin feel so much regret, not a fan of that love triangle there, hopefully this and Tsubaki get more seasons.
Sep 23, 2022 3:15 PM

Aug 2021
damn bro really didn't have the balls to tell her... lame. all in all though, probably the most average show i've ever watched.
Sep 23, 2022 3:22 PM
Mar 2022
Theee endddd nooo😔😔😔👎
Sep 23, 2022 4:15 PM
Jan 2021
Urushi gets the most spotlight and admits to her feelings of liking Ayumu, shame they didnt admit to it when they were alone together and i highly doubt that this would get renewed for a second season unfortunately. great ending though.
Sep 23, 2022 5:24 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A very nice final episode, the shogi match over the phone ended up being pretty sweet, and Urushi ended up buying shogi themed souvenirs lol. Before she leaves she loses her good luck charm that Ayumu gave her, to which she actually finds to my amazement lol, only for a cat to take off with it. I like that she used shogi logic to stop the cat in its tracks with her shoe lol, and luckily (hah) she got it back, and was also met with a beautiful view of a Sakura tree blooming out of season. And thanks to Ayumu’s training with Rin, Ayumu actually manages to beat Urushi, but sadly there was no confession because of the 4 piece handicap looked like, shucks, but it was a great moment anyway. And then we end off on a final shot of the club room and the shogi board. Also that was a splendid moment between Sakurako and Takeru too lol, I feel like the kiss definitely happened.

And that was the last of the forehead trifecta this year, I wish we could go for a fourth in Fall but I sadly don’t think we have one lol, but this was a wonderful show to end with. Definitely a really wholesome romance between Ayumu and Urushi, and not just them but also Sakurako and Takeru, who often stole the show themselves lol, this mangaka sure knows how to write em. Rin was sadly on the short end of the stick with the romance but I’m glad she enjoyed herself in the club. I’ll say my one complaint with this show was the lack of shogi focus, it’s definitely that shogi is just the backdrop for the romance to take place, not really the focus, but I think it would have been better if it was a little more focused on, but otherwise seeing Ayumu and Urushi grow closer to the end was great to see.

And we also got an awesome OP complete with a dancing bit, and the jam of an ED as well, sad we didn’t hear it in the last episode but it was definitely one of my favorites this season. I would 100% watch another season of this, I gotta see our boy Ayumu get a true win lol, and you can’t go wrong with more forehead action.
Sep 23, 2022 6:20 PM
Jun 2020
a heart warming ending to a simple romcom
Sep 23, 2022 6:29 PM

May 2021
She realized she loves him, good. No confession though, such a shame. It was cute and had foreheads, yes, but was also sleep-inducing at times.

Sep 23, 2022 6:48 PM
Feb 2021
Good writing. Spectacular illustration.
Sep 23, 2022 7:22 PM

Apr 2017
Blueballed ending on both pairings. Not showing what happened to Takeru under the desk really brought down my rating from 8 to 7.
Sep 23, 2022 8:19 PM
Mar 2015
She realizes she likes him. At the end he wins a game but does not confess. They agree that they want to keep playing shogi
Sep 23, 2022 8:51 PM

Jan 2017
Beautiful cherry blossom scene which made Urushi realize her feelings towards Ayumu, but besides that it's just an average ending.

haha Rin sadness go brrr
Sep 23, 2022 9:14 PM
Jun 2021
Everyone deserves a friend like Maki!!! XD

Started just like a chibi Kaguya Sama with only difference that Urushi didn't know about her feelings but ended on a very good note (could have been better definitely)

This romcom was a lot better than many other romcoms released out this year (Komi San, Shikimori, etc.) as a stand alone season, I mean the story gave spotlight to almost every important character which is not common because on most instances, the mc & fmc steal all the spotlight

I have only two problems:

— What happened with Takeru & Sakurako under desk, I mean we neither got confessions (even in the case of Ayumu & Urushi) nor any aftermath of Takeru & Sakurako

— Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it a school trip? So why were we shown only 4 students ×_× ?

-1 for each of the above points and otherwise loved this show! One of the must cutest & wholesome shows I have ever watched

Easily a low tier 8/10
Sep 23, 2022 9:45 PM

Aug 2014
In the end he didn't say it. Well, time to wait for next season
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Sep 23, 2022 9:53 PM

Feb 2022
I sincerely loved the development that took place throughout the series and how they evolved as the chapters passed, the best Romcom of this season
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Sep 23, 2022 10:15 PM
Mar 2015
I loved this anime but man did I hate the cliffhanger ending.
Sep 23, 2022 11:25 PM

May 2019
I liked this anime but I was a little disappointed with the ending as I expected Ayumu to confess after he beat Urushi but we got trolled a bit when it was found that Ayumu had a 4 piece handicap. Plus we don't know if Takeru and Sakurako actually kissed.

I still enjoyed watching this anime and hopefully a 2nd season is announced since it was left wide open. I give this a 7/10.
Alfredo-SauceSep 26, 2022 12:55 AM
Sep 24, 2022 12:32 AM
Jan 2022
if they don't conclude things in another season or at least ova I'll be very sad
Sep 24, 2022 1:10 AM
Dec 2021
El Ayumu fue extremadamente sincero desde el inicio, estos dos pudieron confesar sus sentimientos desde el episodio 1, el final fue muy abierto (posiblemente para una segunda temporada) no aprendí nada del shogi, pero aún así, ahí va el mejor romcom de la temporada.
Sep 24, 2022 1:13 AM

Aug 2018
Urushi and Ayumu had their Shogi game over the phone, they were having a good time, until he mentioned the moon xd. and the next day, Urushi went to buy some souvenirs for the club. Ayumu was talking with Rin, and she was asking him that if he didn't win he would give up telling her how he feels. But he said he won't.
Urushi dropped the amulet that Ayumu had given her, and went to look for it. Fortunately she found it, but a cat carried it a bit far away xd. If she could catch it.
And there Urushi already accepted it. She likes Ayumu...AHHHHHH!!!! <3
He finished the trip and went back to the club. He gave his memories to each of them, but with Ayumu he feels... "weird" xd
Takeru gave Sakurako the other keychain that Urushi brought, and in a moment a certain thing happens...WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?!!!! AHHHHHH!!!
After the training, Ayumu went back to play against Urushi. And this time, he was able to win. More than one might have thought that he was going to tell her, but no, not yet. He won, but with a disadvantage of four pieces...AHHHHHHHH!!!...well. What Ayumu tells him that he will continue to play with her. Ok yeah, it was nice.
And that's how it ended, I quite liked it, it was entertaining. From the way it ended it looks like there might be a 2nd season. But, we'll have to see.

Here, many images xd

Sep 24, 2022 1:50 AM
Jun 2017
it was a MEHH final episode for me... it is true indeed that she has able to realize that she hs feelings for him, which i appreciate (though its super obvious), but that last part where they are playing shogi... i do think it can be better instead of saying such playing shogi together etc... and dont even tell me that for some its a confession already because its not...
Sep 24, 2022 2:16 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
First time I've seen anyone use airpods in anime. It is adapted from a fairly new manga after all.

I like how open Urushi is with Ayumu in saying she was disappointed that she didn't receive any texts from him. Just small things like these elevate it from your typical will-they won't they warm fuzzy rom-com relationship. They of course deny that they are dating or whatever, but besides that they are fairly open with their thoughts and feelings on one another. It's also a plus that she has friends like Maki around her, urging them on to get some action started.

Also loved Ayumu and Rin's conversation while eating lunch. Was kind of heartbreaking tbh.

But what I thought wouldn't happen for a while yet, happened here in the last episode; and that is of course Urushi realizing her feelings for Ayumu, and finally being true to herself, along with sharing this revelation with Maki. That was certainly something noteworthy.

KISS!!(?)

I wonder if Rin was unaware that Ayumu would only confess his feelings to Urushi if he won in an actual match with no handicaps; because it looked like she left the room in a hurry to give the two some space.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I just personally love it when there's no ED, and that the credits simply start being displayed over top. That's because it usually means that there's something special that they need a little extra time for it to happen... and that would be Ayumu stating that he will always love to play with Urushi no matter how good he gets.

It's common for your typical seasonal anime to end off on a random note; but that's not the case here. It ends quite beautifully. I am happy, satisfied, and although of course I'd love to see more one day, I won't be sad if this is it. Not invested enough to pick up the manga, but if Silver Link (good job btw) ever does announce a season 2, I'll definitely be on board for that. Been going back and forth on feeling either a 6 or a 7 for this series, but this episode easily hands down solidifies it as a 7. I have no complaints. This was a good time.

7/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 24, 2022 2:31 AM
Sep 2021
Decent ending, ayumu defeated urushi but with a handicap so no confession sadly, and urushi finally acknowledged that she loves ayumu.

I give this series 5/10.
Sep 24, 2022 2:48 AM

Apr 2021
This definitely needs s2! Damn, let our boy win without handicaps. I wanna see that confession lmao.

Also, hoping to see the progress between Tanaka and Sakurako. Those two also are cute together.

Still satisfying ending tho with Urushi finally realized her feelings. Gotta say, Maki is the best girl! Urushi is so lucky to have a friend like her.

Sep 24, 2022 3:54 AM

Nov 2013
Urushi finally realizing she likes Ayumu was a good ending. (though manga did it better)

Some people don't realize that shows like this don't end with confessions in 1 season. Not the reason to hate or dislike the show.

I've read the latest chapter of manga and the plot progresses well. Would love if we get season 2.
Sep 24, 2022 4:46 AM
Jul 2017
Ayumu is a very straight forward but honest character making him very easy to like. I found a somewhat subtle beauty in the scene where Urushi realizes her true feelings for Ayumu. I can't exactly put my finger on it but looking up at the blooming sakura tree and while being alone , unconsiously saying his name struck me enexpectedly. Rin's bittersweetness also very well done.
Overall a good anime.
ED is definitely one of my favorites of this season.
Sep 24, 2022 7:16 AM
Dec 2020
i like but no confession
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2022

66 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 19, 6:42 PM

» we have the 2 main couples, but who shoud Rin be paired up with?

weeaboo5008 - Dec 28, 2023

6 by Sakura_2345 »»
Dec 30, 2023 8:56 PM

Poll: » Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

60 by suyumanda »»
Oct 6, 2023 8:15 PM

Poll: » Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

54 by Anticcc »»
Sep 10, 2023 1:33 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

50 by Anticcc »»
Sep 10, 2023 1:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.