Forum Settings
Forums
New
What do you identify as?
Apr 23, 2022 3:32 PM

Oct 2021
Trying to see who uses this site the most. :P

If you're a mod and see this post, I beg of you delete it.
peaxchxxApr 24, 2022 1:28 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 23, 2022 3:37 PM
Jul 2018
What are you trying figure out? Curious.
Apr 23, 2022 3:42 PM

Oct 2021
Just wanted to see who uses this site/watches anime the most. I'm pretty sure it's all male from what I've seen on here but still want to see the difference if any lol.
Apr 23, 2022 3:44 PM

Aug 2014
peaxchxx said:
Just wanted to see who uses this site/watches anime the most. I'm pretty sure it's all male from what I've seen on here but still want to see the difference if any lol.

https://myanimelist.net/advertising

Approximately 75% male, according to this.

I know many female MAL members. (I even gamed, watched videos, etc. with some.)
Apr 23, 2022 3:46 PM

Oct 2021
SmugSatoko said:
peaxchxx said:

https://myanimelist.net/advertising

Approximately 75% male, according to this.

I know many female MAL members. (I even gamed, watched videos, etc. with some.)

Thanks for that! I guess there's really no use for this poll anymore.
Apr 23, 2022 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
peaxchxx said:

Born female but go by non-binary nowadays.

Definitely more men on than women here lol. That is case every website. Unless it's skyrock or Tumblr.
Apr 23, 2022 4:08 PM

Oct 2021
HeartStomper said:
peaxchxx said:

Born female but go by non-binary nowadays.

Definitely more men on than women here lol. That is case every website. Unless it's skyrock or Tumblr.

Nice nice, yah I've come to realize that now after the other comment. Wish I knew earlier that you can't delete posts! I guess this is staying up here for the long run haha. Hopefully it didn't come off as offensive seeing as I didn't use the proper term non-binary. :)
Apr 23, 2022 4:11 PM

Sep 2018
Gender becomes pretty obvious if you look at favorites lists. Men generally favorite waifus and tough guys while women often favorite bishounen boys.
Apr 23, 2022 4:15 PM

Oct 2021
rohan121 said:
Gender becomes pretty obvious if you look at favorites lists. Men generally favorite waifus and tough guys while women often favorite bishounen boys.

I've noticed that a lot, it's a good point. I hadn't seen one female at all when looking around at peoples profiles so it drove me to make this poll lol.
Apr 23, 2022 4:28 PM
Jul 2018
An outcast Elf mid-range Level

- Body type: 179cm hights, 64kg
- Skin type: depends on the time of the day (mostly creamy)
- Eyes: grey/green
- Hair color: some say hazel, some say brown (personally, I can't tell the difference).
- Religion: Elementalist
Apr 23, 2022 4:29 PM

Jul 2016
whats with all these women on mal?? insanity
Apr 24, 2022 7:12 AM

Dec 2015
Hmmm gonna answer as above without joking.

Gender -> Male
Body type -> 180cm, 70kg
Status -> Sober or Drunk -> right now Sober
Skin -> White
Eyes -> Dark Green
Hairs -> Black
Religion -> Agnostic
Apr 24, 2022 7:16 AM

Feb 2020
Attack Helicopter Male, hate certain stereotypes associated with it, but am mostly comfortable being one.
Apr 24, 2022 7:47 AM
Jul 2018
LightWorker said:
Attack Helicopter Male, hate certain stereotypes associated with it, but am mostly comfortable being one.

People always make this dumb joke, but I imagine being an attack helicopter is quite cool.
I mean, I kinda want to see a mecha-magical girl/boy satire like that.
Character A: I'm an attack helicopter.
B: 🙄
A: No, you don't understand ...

But back to topic:

I just don't understand that whole gender-concept. How should I know what "feeling like a women / man" feels like, when I'm not in their body and can't know how other people experience it.

You just have a certain biology and reproductive organs and a certain body type, and you either like your body that way or you don't. Everything else is made-up bullshit to me.
Personally I like my female body and all and never wanted to change it.

I just don't care about gender and she and they-pronouns sound right to me.
... and yes, Hange is kind of my spirit animal in some ways, also these lol.
Apr 24, 2022 8:45 AM

Jan 2009
Why simple when you can over-complicate things? Should have replaced "gender" with "(biological) sex" to give less ambiguity and to avoid having these kinds of conversations for topics that just ask about basic stats

I'm male either way, though, since I do not have any form of emotional/sexual trauma that would make me question my sexual identity or what type of partner would make sense for me

Apr 24, 2022 9:03 AM

Mar 2021
Okay now my turn.

- Body type: 178cm , 74kg, athletic
- Skin type: dark brown
- Eyes: dark brown
- Hair color: dark brown
- Religion: Christian
- Penis size: Big. As in if you saw it you would want to or attempt to put it in your mouth regardless of my consent.

GenshinRosariaApr 24, 2022 9:21 AM
Apr 24, 2022 9:08 AM

Oct 2021
Noboru said:
Why simple when you can over-complicate things? Should have replaced "gender" with "(biological) sex" to give less ambiguity and to avoid having these kinds of conversations for topics that just ask about basic stats

I'm male either way, though, since I do not have any form of emotional/sexual trauma that would make me question my sexual identity or what type of partner would make sense for me

If there was a way for me to change it I would, it was late for me and my brain wasn't fully working.
Apr 24, 2022 9:09 AM

Jun 2011
Guys, let's be real. We're all men in here.
Apr 24, 2022 9:23 AM

Jan 2022
EpicSaxGuy said:
Guys, let's be real. We're all men in here.

True. Females don't exist on gaming/anime platforms.
Apr 24, 2022 9:48 AM

Dec 2013
my photos here in CD threads and in my blog

Apr 24, 2022 9:52 AM

Oct 2021
philtecturophy said:

Wow. You have some serious talent dude!
Apr 24, 2022 9:52 AM

Jan 2009
peaxchxx said:
If there was a way for me to change it I would, it was late for me and my brain wasn't fully working.
If you click on "Edit" instead of "Quick Edit" for your original post, you can still change the poll, but the results are gonna be reset
Apr 24, 2022 10:24 AM

Mar 2015
GenshinRosaria said:

- Penis size: Big. As in if you saw it you would want to or attempt to put it in your mouth regardless of my consent.

Your penis is so big it turns people into rapists?! That sounds rough.
Apr 24, 2022 10:30 AM

Dec 2013
peaxchxx said:
philtecturophy said:

Wow. You have some serious talent dude!

Ah you saw my session on piano and drum at my blog, thanks

Apr 24, 2022 10:43 AM

Mar 2021
Mirai said:
GenshinRosaria said:

Your penis is so big it turns people into rapists?! That sounds rough.

I mean, I could just walk away or push them off so I woulddn't use that word. Molestor perhaps. But again not really since I did go to their house for sex anyway or it's my partner or an ex giving me a blowjob in my sleep to wake me up. Just saying when I went for my hook ups they would often start touching me and going down on me and if I took off my clothes or whipped it out they would immediately fall to their knees or pull me into a room that they wanted me to take them in. Same thing happened at the sex clubs.

GenshinRosariaApr 24, 2022 10:48 AM
Apr 24, 2022 11:09 AM

Oct 2021
Frostwork said:
"Neither". I don't have "gender" and neither do you. There's only 'sex' in humans.
It's been a while since we had this "gender" crap on this board))

Look if you took the time to read anything I've said on the post you'd see I had made a mistake. I'm not a regular forum user so I didn't think that it would be so offensive to some. I meant in no way to upset anyone and if I could delete it I would. It's fixed now after I figured out how.
Apr 24, 2022 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
why did u even want to know gender ratio in first place op r u a girl ?

ooh u have hana yori dango in fav what coincidence i just started it today
Apr 24, 2022 11:17 AM

Oct 2021
Verthandi11 said:

It was late at night and I kept seeing all male users on the forum games so I wanted to ask the question to truly see how many outweighed the others. yes I am a girl.

It takes a certain type of person to like the drama in that show, hopefully you don't find the bullying to out of bounds. It gets pretty intense haha.
Apr 24, 2022 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
peaxchxx said:
Verthandi11 said:

It was late at night and I kept seeing all male users on the forum games so I wanted to ask the question to truly see how many outweighed the others. yes I am a girl.

It takes a certain type of person to like the drama in that show, hopefully you don't find the bullying to out of bounds. It gets pretty intense haha.
if she keeps kicking the bullies like she kicked the boy at the end of ep1 im in for it
Apr 24, 2022 11:30 AM

Dec 2015
Frostwork said:
"Neither". I don't have "gender" and neither do you. There's only 'sex' in humans.
It's been a while since we had this "gender" crap on this board))

You are a very cool individual and you are probably still in denial phase.
Apr 24, 2022 11:33 AM

Oct 2021
Verthandi11 said:
peaxchxx said:

if she keeps kicking the bullies like she kicked the boy at the end of ep1 im in for it

I think she continues to be a badass lol. It was quite awhile ago though so I may not remember. Dude in the show gets really psycho you'll see.
Apr 24, 2022 12:14 PM

Oct 2021
Frostwork said:
peaxchxx said:
Look if you took the time to read anything I've said on the post you'd see I had made a mistake. ... It's fixed now after I figured out how.

Come on, bro, "Non-binary" is not a sex)))))
But yeah, I misunderstood. And I'm not the only one it seems. This is what happens when you put "gender" in the question and "neither" in the answer options)
And there's no reason for me to be offended at all, so all good, buddy)

I feel like my heads going to explode lol. No matter what you say or do someone will get mad so I'm leaving it as "what do you identify as".
Apr 24, 2022 12:16 PM

Apr 2020
Female right here and I like shoujo & shounen.
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Apr 24, 2022 12:20 PM

Oct 2021
Noboru said:
peaxchxx said:
If you click on "Edit" instead of "Quick Edit" for your original post, you can still change the poll, but the results are gonna be reset

Results didn't reset luckily. Thanks for telling me!
Apr 24, 2022 12:28 PM

Nov 2020
I refuse to believe that 32% of MAL users are women. C'mon guys?! Women are mythical creatures, they do not exist!

@SheklerDaHeckler what do you think?
WutIsDisApr 25, 2022 11:50 PM
If you ever feel bored and are questioning the meaning of your existence, read deez blogs. Maybe you will find your answers.
Apr 24, 2022 12:29 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
just a male with no special thingy whatsoever

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Apr 24, 2022 12:32 PM

Jan 2009
peaxchxx said:
Noboru said:

You're welcome, but now it seems completely different than what you seem to originally have in mind, as you had "gender" as a synonym to "(biological) sex" in mind, but people here think mostly of "gender" as their sexual identity, due to the over-exposure to alternative forms of sexuality and sexual identity
If you wanna know how many active users in the forums are actual biological females, then from some educated guesses I would say it's about 30-45%, while the rest is male
Apr 24, 2022 12:34 PM

Oct 2017
I identify myself as an Apache Helicopter chuff chuff chuff chuff Male.

I kinda identify myself as my waifu though but I'm still a Male nonetheless.
Fate_Saber88Apr 24, 2022 12:39 PM
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Apr 24, 2022 12:36 PM

Oct 2021
Noboru said:
peaxchxx said:

You're welcome, but now it seems completely different than what you seem to originally have in mind, as you had "gender" as a synonym to "(biological) sex" in mind, but people here think mostly of "gender" as their sexual identity, due to the over-exposure to alternative forms of sexuality and sexual identity
If you wanna know how many active users in the forums are actual biological females, then from some educated guesses I would say it's about 30-45%, while the rest is male

I was more so trying to see which (Fill In blank here because I'm not sure what to call it) wins here for most users on mal. So far it seems male as I suspected. I never really cared if they were born a specific gender. :)
peaxchxxApr 24, 2022 12:43 PM
Apr 24, 2022 12:39 PM

Sep 2016
peaxchxx said:
Noboru said:

I was more so trying to see which sexual identity (I'm no educated I don't know if that's the right term to use there)

it's not, sexual identity is related to who you're attracted to, the correct term here would just be "gender" based on your post's title
infinite money glitch click here for money free mony click here real

Apr 24, 2022 12:41 PM

Oct 2021
CrazedRabbit said:
peaxchxx said:

I was more so trying to see which sexual identity (I'm no educated I don't know if that's the right term to use there)

it's not, sexual identity is related to who you're attracted to, the correct term here would just be "gender" based on your post's title

Someone just told me gender is a word you shouldn't use. Oh boy. Thanks for informing me though. :)
Apr 24, 2022 12:57 PM

Jan 2021
People overthinking these questions...

You asked what do we identify as, not what is our gender, not what are we attracted to and such

Apr 24, 2022 1:06 PM

Oct 2021
Frostwork said:
@CrazedRabbit Quit confusing this pure soul)
@peaxchxx Here's a good lecture on gender theory, from its invention to modern day. Have a look if you're interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns779zyruZ4

I'll have a look, appreciate your effort to teach the clueless such as myself.
Apr 24, 2022 1:26 PM

Sep 2016
Frostwork said:
@CrazedRabbit Quit confusing this pure soul

sorry do you have a problem with facts accepted by the scientific community or what

Apr 24, 2022 2:16 PM

Sep 2016
Frostwork said:
@CrazedRabbit "Gender" is neither a fact nor has anything to do with science. If you didn't notice, both facts and science have been long "cancelled" in the west. Aside from that - no, no problem at all. Also, you personally can believe in whatever you want for all I care.

right so it's science and facts until you disagree with it I see

Apr 24, 2022 2:33 PM

Feb 2021
WutDaFaqIsDis said:
I refuse to believe that 32% of MAL users are women. C'mon guys?! Women are mythical creatures, they do not exist!
Not to mention there's so much anime out there that objectifies females. You'd think they'd be opposed to it
Apr 25, 2022 4:51 AM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
rohan121 said:

I am a woman...and I hate those bishouen boys anime. Ugh.
Apr 25, 2022 4:57 AM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
I am a lady with lady parts and all and no, I do not like those shiny boy anime and I do not read Yaoi.

Apr 25, 2022 5:00 AM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
Crack said:
WutDaFaqIsDis said:
Not to mention there's so much anime out there that objectifies females. You'd think they'd be opposed to it

As a lesbian, I love it. Though I'm pretty sure I would still be okay with it even if I didn't like girls, since I was okay with it before I understood that I was indeed a lady loving lady.

ErogakiPatchesApr 25, 2022 10:46 PM
Apr 25, 2022 12:46 PM

Sep 2017
Depends on the day.

Today's afternoon I sat hours doing nothing but complain about my pinky toe being hurt, so I'm feeling more male than female ;p

But who knows, maybe my feminine fighting spirit will come back tomorrow and I'll get shit done ;)
MoonspeakApr 25, 2022 12:52 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» When did you first experience heartbreak in a romantic sense?

MeanMrMusician - Jun 4

45 by m0llerz »»
38 minutes ago

» What Compliment Do You Hear Most Often?

ParisPlayboy01 - 7 hours ago

16 by m0llerz »»
53 minutes ago

» Cheese Nips and the tragedy of discontinued snacks

Nette - 12 hours ago

9 by traed »»
2 hours ago

» The very random (and possibly useless) knowledge thread ( 1 2 )

DigiCat - May 22

52 by MalchikRepaid »»
3 hours ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

861 by zzz »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.