Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2022 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
Another that proves how dangerous and insane Gyutaro is.

It was very exciting to see Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke fight at once. Hell of an action packed episode. It felt like watching a movie than the standard episode on TV.

Jan 2015
Man, Uzui and his wives sure are cute together. They shared some beautiful moments, and I can tell they care so much for each other.

It was also cool seeing Tanjirou mixing his breathing styles; that’s how all the other breaths came to life. Some needed info for sure. And thank god he managed to sabe Hinatsuru.

Inosuke is also indeed right, Zenitsu sounds so badass. Inosuke sure has got a lot to give this season. Not to mention the teamwork they pulled off, damn! So cool to see them all using their breathes at once.

Another beautifully animated episode!
That cliffhanger omg! They did us dirty.

XenocrisiJan 30, 2022 8:33 AM

Jun 2019
Woah... that was another intense episode. The flashback to Tengen and his wives visiting the grave was cool to me. The food also looked good. Things are getting worse for our boys. I was scared for Hina there for a second but Tanjiro is getting stronger. Gyutaro is too freaking strong and we have no choice but to take Daki's head off while Uzui fights Gyu.

But when everything looked like, it was working in our favor, things took a turn of events. I really hope the best boy is alright. Only two more episodes left in this arc. I'm interested to see how will things wrap up.
Jan 30, 2022 6:47 AM
Aug 2018
Lmao, a 2.5 Chapter Episode.
Next Episode title is : Never Give up (Chapter 93).

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ArdanazFeb 2, 2022 9:10 AM
Jan 30, 2022 6:47 AM

May 2020
That was probably the worst paced episode of the season, only did 2 light chapters in the entire episode and filled the rest of the time with an original flashback and generally going slow af, standing still and so on. Also means it'll end on 97 at this point,

Meh, 3/5.

ArdanazFeb 2, 2022 9:10 AM
Jan 30, 2022 6:51 AM

Jun 2014
I believe the extra flashback with Tengen and his wives at the grave was an anime-original addition, but I liked it since it helped flesh out and establish their relationship a little more. However, I think because of that this episode adapted a little less than I was expecting. Still, it was a great episode as usual. Seeing the main trio fighting together was a nice treat, especially the part with Tanjiro and Zenitsu synchronizing their breathing to defend Inosuke. Things are still pretty bad though, with Tengen down and Inosuke getting stabbed by Gyutaro. Can't wait for these last couple episodes.

I wanna hold out hope that
will still be in this season but the pacing has me questioning that now :(
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 30, 2022 6:51 AM

May 2020
Gyutaro isn’t flinching, no matter who or what kind of attacks he’s up against. Feel like he already took Uzui out and now he’s back again. But before that watching the trio coordinating against Daki was the actual best part.

Again ending it on a cliffhanger, the fight's really close to its conclusion now.
Jan 30, 2022 6:56 AM

Oct 2021
2.5 chapters with some anime original scene.

ArdanazFeb 2, 2022 9:11 AM
Jan 30, 2022 6:57 AM

Jan 2015
thebrentinator24 said:

Definitely not. This episode made it quite clear that

They are following the way the LNs were adapted.
Jan 30, 2022 7:02 AM

Jun 2014
Xenocrisi said:
thebrentinator24 said:

That's a shame tbh, that would have been a great way to end the season and build hype for the next season, along with being a nasty cliffhanger for anime-only people.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 30, 2022 7:14 AM
Jan 2022
Xenocrisi said:
thebrentinator24 said:

This season will likely finished at the end of volumn 11

Jan 30, 2022 7:34 AM

Apr 2018
Those anime original scenes felt a bit out of place to me.
And Just like Ep8, this episode has an okay first half but good second half, it is a bit inferior compared to EP8 imo aside from that extreme cliffhanger, it's a step down...

ArdanazFeb 2, 2022 9:13 AM
Jan 30, 2022 7:39 AM
Oct 2013

They completely massacred this scene
Jan 30, 2022 7:48 AM
Nov 2020
Serpentinite said:
2.5 chapters with some anime original scene. Yep, we aren’t getting the UM meeting unless last episode is like 1st ep of the season.

Also, someone shut Tanjiro's mouth & his useless monologues please.

Well there are like 6-7 chapters left so they can just decide that one of the 2 eps be 4 chapters and the other be 3 (IM HIGH ON COPIUM RN) but yeah today's episode was prob the weakest with that awful pacing considering it's ending in 2 weeks.
Jan 30, 2022 8:09 AM

Apr 2018
Hyrulia said:

They completely massacred this scene
it doesn't have as much detail but the anime version is not that bad.
Jan 30, 2022 8:10 AM

Feb 2021
Another episode is out. The pacing was a bit off.

Today's episode looked pretty grim, especially towards the end.

thebrentinator24 said:

I really hope that doesn't happen. If it happens, then the UM reveals in the final season will seem too sudden. Or they might include it in the next arc's starting episode.
DeonXJan 30, 2022 8:51 AM

Jan 30, 2022 8:11 AM
Jul 2021
Manga fans complaining as always. What a surprise.
Jan 30, 2022 8:19 AM

Jul 2017
Pretty much similar thoughts to the last episode except the pacing was even slower and dragged out. At least it still got that movie presence to it somewhat with the action again.
Jan 30, 2022 8:21 AM
Feb 2021
I really like this episode. It's better than eps last week. The original scene from the studio is enough to help the relationship between tengen and his wives. Maybe we won't see the meeting the season now, but we can be sure the next season will come sooner
Jan 30, 2022 8:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Absolutely epic episode to be honest, well of course Uzui's wives and deceased family are precious to him but these flashbacks were cute, and the whole fight was impressive especially Inosuke Zenitsu and Tanjirou fighting together and Inosuke beheading Daki was incredible xD though the brother attacked him back after defeating Uzui and now seems like they're all in a VERY bad situation :S especially Uzui and Inosuke I hope they aren't dead
Jan 30, 2022 8:23 AM

Jul 2017
The anime-original content flashback of Uzui honoring his family grave with his 3 wives is a nice sight to see, though they already knew what they're getting into with the Entertainment Distict with that much risk involved with their lives on the line.

Tanjiro is clearly at his limit of using both his Water Breathing and the Dance of the Fire God techniques while Uzui tries to gain an edge over Gyutaro, while Inosuke and Zenitsu are measuring their powers against Daki. Both precarious situations forcing them to change their strategy, to Uzui facing Gyutaro alone while the 3 underlings face Daki.

Clearly, Uzui alone lost against Gyutaro, and all the Demon Slayers are at their wit's end. Will this be the last of them?
Jan 30, 2022 8:26 AM

Jul 2014
I feel like they didnt do justice to Tanjirou combining the fire and water breathing move and the trio last spurt attack but nonetheless still a great episode.
I dont really mind UFO adding some anime OG shiz to give Uzui's wives some backstories and for us to get attached to them but heh, was hoping we get to see THAT scene but with only 2 eps left, yep, aint happening. Guess in a way this was UFO taking a break in some way with how they pulled of ep 6 and 8.
Jan 30, 2022 8:26 AM
Mar 2021
THAT WAS SO COOL SEEING ALL 3 OF THEM FIGHTING TOGETHER!!!
Jan 30, 2022 8:28 AM

Jul 2012
Another great episode. I hope Uzui and the others are going to be alright. Hopefully, they can pull something off.
Jan 30, 2022 8:32 AM

Jun 2016
what a great episode...

damn that plot twist and cliff hanger gonna kill us waiting for 7 days
Jan 30, 2022 8:34 AM
Mar 2021
Zenitsu fought extremely good in this episode like he was the leader
Jan 30, 2022 8:38 AM

Nov 2020
Very cool episode, that end, can't wait to see the next one!
-Hyunckel-Jan 30, 2022 8:41 AM
Jan 30, 2022 8:39 AM

Nov 2021
Another great episode. Cant wait to see what happens to Uzui and how Tanjiro recovers. Really annoyed me how Tanjiro could not use his flame breathing, would’ve been sick to see him full power again, and we say this every week but… next episode ‘Never give up!’ Is going to be so Hype!!!
Jan 30, 2022 8:40 AM
Jan 2017
Unless they make the season 12 episodes or extend the Last episode's length to around 45 minutes , we aren't getting the meeting this season , we'll have to wait another decade to see kokushibo animated , stupid uzui and his 3 hoes stole all the screentime
Jan 30, 2022 8:41 AM
Dec 2020
WTFWTFWTFTWTFTWFTTFWTFTWFTTWFTF WHATWHATWHAT HAPPENED":grLHTKFEQOIWHNOLJ;IR23;HOKHYUJUHY67
Jan 30, 2022 8:44 AM

Jan 2021
Man this has been a wild ride so far. Another amazing episode by Ufotable. This looks better than most movies out there.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jan 2009
they added fillers but the fight is still intense, the heroes are losing badly now what since Tengen loses one of his arm now
Oct 2016
Tanjiro just can't help win for losing. Every time things looks like they're going well something shifts and its all flipped on its head. At the end of last episode it seemed as if the battle turned the slayers way after Gyutaro got hit by those kunai just as Uzui and Tanjiro closed in. But now over the course of this episode the tension and advantage in battle flips back to the demons. Gyutaro recovering fast enough from the wisteria poison to regenerate his legs and use a blood demon art to escape. Going after Hinatsuru since shes the one whom sent the kunai.

In the episode we get some scenes with all three wives and Uzui, one from the manga but extended and another anime original. The grave scene being the latter but adding a nice moment between the four of them. Uzui still thinking about his deceased siblings everyday while living the flashiest life possible for their sake since they didn't get to live their lives at all. The dragon fly field scene being from the manga but extended here in the anime. Hinatsuru saying how after this mission the four will try to live normal lives. Which is another nice scene that adds to depth to their bond and care for each other. I'm sure some will complain about the pacing with those scenes slowing things down but I like them.

This episode overall might've been on the conservative side but it sill had some great shot and camera work to highlight the tense action. Things look at their worst right now that Inosuke has been poisoned, Uzui looks down, and Tanjiro and Zenitsu are crashing with that building.
Jan 30, 2022 8:46 AM

Apr 2014
This was a freaking crazy episode. However it does not go the way we want it too. Fighting an Upper Moon is no damn joke. Like dang dude. Wow. Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Tanjiro worked together to fight Daki, and managed to cut her head. As for Gyuutarou. That demon is not even close to being tired or even cornered, he defeated Uzui and cut off his arm. Then Gyutarou went after Innouske and stabbed him in the back. Like what the hell?! Gosh dang dude…
Jan 30, 2022 8:48 AM

Dec 2020
Although the last episode had better animation, this episode was FAR MORE epic and more chilling.
I couldn't stop trembling even though I already know what will happen.
Ufotable really knows how create the best atmosphere.

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Jan 30, 2022 8:49 AM
Jun 2016
its really pitiful how much ufotable is hard carrying this show. The power system is starting to makes no sense at all as each episode progresses, despite it being a basic power system in the first place. Tanjiro keeps pulling Deus EX Machina every episode basically. Once in a while is fine, but thrice in a season??
I much prefer the first season over this. Manga reader had the audacity to say that this arc is better than season one. Producers should have gone with a movie format instead, by rewriting the arc in a compact form without the useless monologues and shitty comedy bullshit.
PS: 12year olds please don't come after me, with "if you don't like it don't watch it" or "it's not great but a standard shounen " bullshit excuse.
Also if a family member appears to wake up Tanjiro one more fucking time, i fucking swear I'm gonna lose it.
Btw, I'll give this how where the credit tis due, the animation of those fight scenes were cocaine to my eyes.
SiGowJan 30, 2022 8:52 AM
Jan 30, 2022 8:50 AM

May 2021
Another great episode . Ahhhh..... These cliffhanger's :-|

"We are all like fireworks: we climb, we shine and always go our separate ways and become further apart. But even when that time comes, let's not disappear like a firework and continue to shine.. forever ."
Jan 30, 2022 8:51 AM

May 2015
garbage pacing, garbage animation, garbage cgi, garbage special effects.
Jan 30, 2022 8:52 AM
Jul 2011
Great way to kill the excitement, thanks Ufotable. Mostly pointless talking and aimlessly waving swords at Daki's belt.

Off-screening Tengen did have an impact though, I wonder if we'll get to see more Hashiras come in to save the day, or if Tanjiro will go super saiyan in typical shonen fashion.
Jul 2018
i though that scene in the grave is symbolism of Tengen death :"( i hope no. And inouske not die right ? Zenitsu cool af damn. But tanjiro self-talk bit too much i think. Amazing ep

May 2020
GioGio0 said:
Unless they make the season 12 episodes or extend the Last episode's length to around 45 minutes , we aren't getting the meeting this season , we'll have to wait another decade to see kokushibo animated , stupid uzui and his 3 hoes stole all the screentime

Apparently it is getting a 15 minutes extension for episode 11 so meeting will probably happen still.

So I'm fine with the ep being slow to setup the next one tbh.
Jan 30, 2022 8:53 AM

Sep 2017
Bruh that's where the end it? Okay show you finally got me with a cliffhanger. Good job. Also "Reeee look at me. I'm a manga reader. They're not going to end it at the part I think is the coolest" smh.
Jan 30, 2022 8:53 AM

May 2015
I'm still amazed that Tanjiro is still able to fight. He pushed way above his limits. Not to mention that deep wound.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 30, 2022 8:56 AM

Jun 2016
god damn , this is so epic and masterpiece battle !!

Nov 2011
The soundtrack for this episode was unbelievable.
They were waving those Death Flags for Hinatsuru a lot...but it's Inosuke who took the heaviest of Damages.

Damn he might be a Pig but he was the GOAT for a majority of this episode.

What a damn cliffhanger...god damn.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 2021
Filtered123 said:
GioGio0 said:

Apparently it is getting a 15 minutes extension for episode 11 so meeting will probably happen still.

So I'm fine with the ep being slow to setup the next one tbh.

Oh thank god the UM scenes won't be excluded

Jan 30, 2022 8:58 AM

May 2021
Those moments with Tengen and his wives; was that a death flag? Should have seen it coming.

Anyways, liked this episode even more than the last one, especially our trio dodging those belts together.

Inosuke truly shined this episode; glad they gave him the spotlight as well. But that stab in the chest tho; LEFT side, btw.

Things seem to have gone to hell for our gang with Tengen down. NOW, I am truly looking forward to the next episode.

Flashy episode with a bit of a bleak end - 5/5
RioFSJan 30, 2022 10:36 AM

Jan 30, 2022 9:01 AM
Apr 2021
Manga readers just awful here. All they want is meeting. Just drop it and wait next season! Anime for normal peoples. And no brain little haters here as always.
ZarathulJan 30, 2022 9:05 AM
Jan 30, 2022 9:01 AM
Apr 2017
That's gonna be a long week until next episode.
Jan 30, 2022 9:06 AM

Aug 2019
Another beautifully animated episode from Ufotable.

I have no idea who was responsible for the storyboarding this episode, but it wasn't great. The episode felt poorly paced with some irrelevant flashbacks punctuating what was meant to be an intense battle coming to a head.

One of Uzui's wives had a death flag all over her in the two flashbacks that were shown mid-battle, only for her to survive. You're setting up these side-characters and giving them a backstory for some sort of emotional payoff but because she survived, they felt a bit pointless. All it ultimately did was get Uzui a little angry and desperate.

I have absolutely no doubt Inosuke isn't dead, and given some of the illogical things that have been happening this season, it'll be another illogical explanation as to why he survived.

P.S For people that don't know, the last episode is a double-length episode.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Dec 12, 2021

187 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:21 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 13, 2022

455 by prodigy_ck »»
May 5, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2021

267 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2022

536 by Term4738 »»
Apr 15, 8:02 PM

» Why is Tengen so underrated? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Mar 15

52 by Leon888 »»
Apr 7, 10:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.