Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 28, 2021 11:30 PM

Mar 2020
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Fictional USA loves nuking.

The huge aura of Star was really something. Reminded me of
EoE spoiler and makes sense since Hori and Gege watched Eva series a few months back.

Limitations of New Order will be explained in later chapters it seems.

No break next week.

Go Beyond, PLUS ULTRA!!!

Oct 29, 2021 1:14 AM

Oct 2017
She's opaf but unfortunately she ain't the protagonist so she can't beat him.
Oct 29, 2021 1:38 AM

Apr 2014
Dude. How in the hell is Shigaraki is suppose to be beaten now? He is barely taking any damage. And now they going nuclear? I highly doubt that is going to stop him. Maybe, just maybe deal damage on him enough for him to make a retreat to heal up again, but I highly doubt it is enough to kill him. Who knows.
Oct 29, 2021 3:01 AM
Aug 2016
The amount of bullshit in this chapter is exquisite πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. From shigaraki pretending to do hxh analysis but arriving at no point to stars and stripes manifesting in all brokenness to horikoshi dropping a big lie that endeavor attack is stronger than all those lasers to the missiles coming. Horikoshi should have joined Araki to write jojo. Fucking magnificent bullshit πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Can't wait for the end result of this fight and how class A will be relevant to this story again.

I'm giving this chapter a 5 cmon. This bs was spectacular
Oct 29, 2021 3:02 AM
Aug 2016
Anyone knows how i can post images here??
Oct 29, 2021 3:19 AM

Dec 2020
Aghbar looking like AckbarπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Your weeabo is leaking man.
Oh also, FRIENDLY NUKE INCOMING

Oct 29, 2021 4:42 AM

May 2020
I have a feeling that even this HYPERSONIC INTERCONTINENTAL CRUISE MISSILE would just be enough to scratch Shigaraki and nothing more.
Oct 29, 2021 5:06 AM

Jul 2020
Lmao I'm gonna laugh so hard when Giant Stars n Stripes gonna get animated.
Neat Star wars reference. Again. Hori cannot stop telling us he's a huge star wars fan.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 29, 2021 7:23 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Shigaraki really does have the HxH feel to him. The way his thoughts are given the real HxH exposition treatment to convey his way of thinking.
Oct 29, 2021 8:17 AM

Mar 2014
Sigh...all of this weapons and awesome moves only for her to not defeat him in the end. I can see it coming, we can ALLL see it coming.

Shigaraki going to come out from all of this with just a "Tis But a Scratch".

Awesome Star Wars reference tho, may the force be with you HoriKoshi!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Oct 29, 2021 12:55 PM

Mar 2016
My man Shigaraki just outright analyzed her abilities frantically as if he's the FBI pursuing a druglord.

I can't take it seriously, I cannot simply stop laughing at how ridiculous the entire sequence is! However aside from that, we get to know of the limitations of [New Order] OH HOW CONVENIENT! Thanks a lot, Shigaraki? Or is it AFO? Seems like Star is continuously using one of her two orders on her to buff her physical prowess to a level near All might, whereas the other order sot is what she uses on her battles. Interesting, so does she ever drop her constant use of order when she's outside of a conflict?

I don't think hyper-regeneration can withstand a solidified atmosphere with a size of an entire mountain range landing a planetary fist bump on Shigaraki's body. On top of that, the concentrated giant laser beam should utterly pulverise even the quickest generating being in the entire world. This brings me to something obvious, a phenomenon that can withstand everything... Plot armours. Star will successfully weaken Shigaraki, but defeat him much less kill him certainly? Good Luck.

AMERICA FUCK YEAH, USA is not the USA without a barrage of hypersonically delivered doses of ABSOLUTE FREEDOM!!! Oh yeah, I sure hope those hypersonic cruise missiles contain nuclear warheads in them, why worry about Hiroshima and Nagasaki when the entire island nation of Japan can be obliterated into oblivion!!!!!

Lmao, who's the 'genius' that approved Star's request on Japan's side.
Oct 29, 2021 12:57 PM

Mar 2016
nakkki said:
Anyone knows how i can post images here??

Look in the BBCode beside the Submit & Cancel buttons.
Oct 29, 2021 1:36 PM

Apr 2018
Well, Shigaraki gave us a whole explanation on Stripes' quirk. He had a lot of time to do that, amazing Shigaraki! You're faster than the speed of light.

All the flashy moves, orders and what more; for her to be defeated in a single chapter sooner or later. It's sad, I seriously like her quirk, personality and design. It'll be turned into dust soon. They're making a lot of drama over the misiles. But will they even do any damage?

Forgot to mention that ''The clap'' gave me instant goosebumps, fucking INSANE.

They better use the Fractional Oribital Bombardement System from China with a top speed of 21,000mph and an unlimited rage.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 29, 2021 2:29 PM

Jun 2017
Stripes will have a stupid death, I can arealdy see it. lol
Oct 29, 2021 5:15 PM

Jul 2019
It really felt like i was reading HxH for a second lmao
Oct 29, 2021 8:56 PM

Mar 2015
they really hyping up her quirk.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 30, 2021 12:30 AM

Jan 2009
damn that quirk New Order of Stars and Stripes is OP as fuck but ye it got some limitations too according to the analysis of Shigaraki or All For One at this point

and fuck ye nukes from USA coming hot, lets see if Shigaraki can still regenerate after all of that
Oct 30, 2021 6:11 AM

Jul 2011
I hope Disney smite this chapter for that reference.
Oct 30, 2021 6:17 AM
Oct 2021
nakkki said:
The amount of bullshit in this chapter is exquisite πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. From shigaraki pretending to do hxh analysis but arriving at no point to stars and stripes manifesting in all brokenness to horikoshi dropping a big lie that endeavor attack is stronger than all those lasers to the missiles coming. Horikoshi should have joined Araki to write jojo. Fucking magnificent bullshit πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Can't wait for the end result of this fight and how class A will be relevant to this story again.

so when endeavor used that super strong fire, he released all that energy while at around 13-15 kilometers in the air, and that still made such strong wind that it could push a person off balance on the ground as we saw. i dont think the laser thingy was such bs. and idk what u mean by 'pretending" the guy did come to some conclusions about her quirk
Oct 30, 2021 8:24 AM

Aug 2021
Scordolo said:
Lmao I'm gonna laugh so hard when Giant Stars n Stripes gonna get animated.
Neat Star wars reference. Again. Hori cannot stop telling us he's a huge star wars fan.
I knew that guy was familiar lol, he's from star wars
Oct 30, 2021 8:35 AM

Aug 2021
yet another awesome chapter, love to see when there are fight scenes where both party go all out, throwing random shit to each other. Can't wait for this to be animated. I hope after ppl read this chapter, they won't complain anymore about how OP her quirk is, as said by Shigaraki's HxH analysis, it has limitations.

It wouldn't be america without nukes. USA! USA! USA!

KERAUNOS WAS DOPE
Oct 30, 2021 1:56 PM
Oct 2021
Japan isn't gonna like this. I feel Shigaraki is dead but AFO will pull his tricks or pull a Meruem. Hori has to be careful or he might get cancelled again because he's depicting nukes about to be dropped on Japan which might cause backlash because of the callbacks to Hiroshima.
Oct 30, 2021 7:20 PM

Aug 2021
Anti-Vaxxer said:
Japan isn't gonna like this. I feel Shigaraki is dead but AFO will pull his tricks or pull a Meruem. Hori has to be careful or he might get cancelled again because he's depicting nukes about to be dropped on Japan which might cause backlash because of the callbacks to Hiroshima.
Americans: No! jApAn iSn't gOnnA lIkE thIS, thIs Is So oFensSive.

Japan: Aight, cool chapter
27thEiffelOct 30, 2021 7:26 PM
Oct 31, 2021 3:09 AM
Jul 2017
Dude imagine the vacuum created when she compressed the stratosphere so much.
RIP airplanes.
:Peepo_clown.

Also that much air pressure should flatten you and if not then the lasers should have definitely charred him to ash.

Shigi's indestructibility is just getting ridiculous now. Can't see deku coming remotely close to beating him atm.
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Oct 31, 2021 3:39 AM

Mar 2020
RyuzenIchinose said:
RIP airplanes.

Also that much air pressure should flatten you and if not then the lasers should have definitely charred him to ash.

Shigi's indestructibility is just getting ridiculous now. Can't see deku coming remotely close to beating him atm.
In solo fight Deku will lose but he got 1A to support him so the united heroes do have a chance
Oct 31, 2021 4:21 AM
Jul 2017
i_m_a_hero_too said:
RyuzenIchinose said:
RIP airplanes.

In solo fight Deku will lose but he got 1A to support him so the united heroes do have a chance

Nobody in class 1-A has nearly enough power to scratch shigaraki.
It's like normal people trying to stab the colossal titan with knives.
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Oct 31, 2021 7:29 AM

Mar 2020
RyuzenIchinose said:
i_m_a_hero_too said:

well every student has a different quirk so comparing class 1A with bunch of people stabbing with knives is not justified coz some have really good offense quirks like Bakugo and he had a quirk awakening too so he is strong, Todoroki is strong, Momo is a walking artillery and there are others too...even the pro heroes are fighting every heroes objective is to stop Shigaraki and AFO and every hero whether a pro or not is different from each other so they can defeat Shigaraki or AFO or whatever he is as of now.
Oct 31, 2021 8:19 AM

Dec 2013
They really are going all out to kill Shigaraki with those missiles at the end.
Oct 31, 2021 8:19 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Star is incredible. She also seems like a genuinely good person considering what she said to her teammates.

For all intents and purposes, Shigaraki should be dead by now. But since it has to be One For All that defeats him, it makes this battle much less exciting and interesting. Because we all know he’s going to pull out some power that will defeat Star. It’s a shame because she is insanely cool.
Oct 31, 2021 9:08 AM

Nov 2016
The contrast between HxH style analysis and epic Star panels was hilarious.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 31, 2021 9:51 AM
Sep 2020
This is the craziest quirk in the entire series
Oct 31, 2021 10:53 AM
Jul 2017
i_m_a_hero_too said:
RyuzenIchinose said:

well every student has a different quirk so comparing class 1A with bunch of people stabbing with knives is not justified coz some have really good offense quirks like Bakugo and he had a quirk awakening too so he is strong, Todoroki is strong, Momo is a walking artillery and there are others too...even the pro heroes are fighting every heroes objective is to stop Shigaraki and AFO and every hero whether a pro or not is different from each other so they can defeat Shigaraki or AFO or whatever he is as of now.

You saw them trying to stop deku right?
That was a hungry and exhausted deku. Not even at full power. They still struggled.
Shigi been walking off being attacked by the number 1 hero in the world.

There's just no competition. They're miles apart.
He could just sit there and sip coffee and they wouldn't do shit to him.
Oct 31, 2021 11:19 AM

Jan 2014
so this Start Stripes quirk is a secret one, just like One For All.

so we get 2 quirk that's classified from each class/type

Stockpiling quirk: One For All
Emitter quirk: Star Stripes quirk

I wonder what kind of quirk that has been classified in other class (morph type quirk). these quirk category are simillar to One Piece's Devil Fruit (Logia, Paramecia, and Zoan)
Oct 31, 2021 12:08 PM

Jun 2014
America fuck yeah go all out with nuking Japan again!!! Lmao on a serious note Star is fucking insane, her Quirk is crazy and it's a shame that none of this will amount to anything since we know Shiggy aint gonna go down here. I'm still waiting for her to get jobbed man 😭 and lol nice reference to Akbar from Star Wars, Hori.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 31, 2021 2:05 PM

Aug 2012
I should've known Agpar just going to be Ackbar, but that still caught me off guard, I feel for the trap. On another note, Tiamat was the name of the best character it Horikoshi's previous manga, Barrage, so that was nice to see.

Anyway, Star's quirk is still absolutely busted, and it feels like this fight is setting up for disappointment either way it resolves.
Oct 31, 2021 9:20 PM

Oct 2016
Holy shit.

The way things are going, I definitely don't think All For Shiggy will get New Order and I don't think Stars will die. Though I could be wrong about Stars not dying, but he will definitely not get New Order, that's too busted lmao.

I liked All For Shiggy analyzing New Order, felt very HxH/JJK, it's that All For One influence. He's gonna pull off a Meruem and survive a nuke.

Star showcasing her ability this chapter was so badass, fucking gigantic air made in the shape of Star with a lightsaber. Fuck yeah, freedom.
Nov 1, 2021 3:47 AM
Aug 2016
MurrayHasaki said:
nakkki said:

so when endeavor used that super strong fire, he released all that energy while at around 13-15 kilometers in the air, and that still made such strong wind that it could push a person off balance on the ground as we saw. i dont think the laser thingy was such bs. and idk what u mean by 'pretending" the guy did come to some conclusions about her quirk

Bro. It wasn't as high as the sky stars and stripes are fighting in. The impact wouldn't have been felt at all. It's bs. Endeavor highest feat was the attack against the Nomu and even that was not as impressive as this in any way
Nov 1, 2021 4:30 AM
Oct 2021
nakkki said:
MurrayHasaki said:

Bro. It wasn't as high as the sky stars and stripes are fighting in. The impact wouldn't have been felt at all. It's bs. Endeavor highest feat was the attack against the Nomu and even that was not as impressive as this in any way

no no listen, i specifically made a research about the height. endeavor was so high up he could see the stars. thats between 13 and 15 kilometers. aint no stars can be seen in the fight bewteen shigaraki and stars and stripes
Nov 1, 2021 7:32 AM
Nov 2019
Thought Star's quirk was like HxH or JJK last chapter, now its fucking End of Evangelion. Love it.
Nov 1, 2021 2:18 PM
Apr 2021
If Star and Stripe cant even hurt Shigaraki in the slightest with that big of an attack then that means that Deku’s only way to defeat him is with the power of friendship… well at least i now know what to expect of the final battle!
Nov 1, 2021 5:46 PM

Feb 2018
How is Shigaraki not taking serious dmg from this.. even more so what will be enough for him to go down !? Star's is pretty cool but it feels like her presence isn't anything more than a stepping stone for Deku's further character developtment which sucks given she's a pretty damn cool character.
Nov 1, 2021 9:12 PM
Mar 2015
Star is really packing
Nov 2, 2021 10:23 AM
Apr 2020
Star & Stripe went absolutely off in this chapter. Those panels where giant S&S formed and grabbed the lasers were insane, and the clap was just pure destruction power.

Also, the star wars reference with Apgar was A+
Nov 4, 2021 10:47 AM
Aug 2016
MurrayHasaki said:
nakkki said:

no no listen, i specifically made a research about the height. endeavor was so high up he could see the stars. thats between 13 and 15 kilometers. aint no stars can be seen in the fight bewteen shigaraki and stars and stripes

Which stars did he seeπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Nov 4, 2021 2:15 PM
Oct 2021
nakkki said:
MurrayHasaki said:

Which stars did he seeπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

bro i dunno what kind of contra argument is that
Nov 6, 2021 9:28 AM

Feb 2014
That was a lot of text for a manga, also the whole philosophical blabbering on "who is Shigaraki Tomura" is stupid. Stars n' Stripes's quirk work on how the other person feels about themselves, then it isn't a power of her own, she wouldn't be able to use her power in an Alzheimer patient, or in a transgender person when identified by the gender they themselves don't recognise themselves with, besides there is the whole "Am I Shigaraki Tomura?", if her power works on absolutes where one has to identify themselves exactly how she calls them, if her quirk didn't work on him that means he at no level recognises himself as Shigaraki anymore, thus making it wrong the author keeping Shigaraki as the character he always was. Trying to bring a "philosophical" power to the manga was a bad move, because the logic don't make sense.
Nov 6, 2021 9:33 AM

Mar 2020
curvedtree said:
That was a lot of text for a manga, also the whole philosophical blabbering on "who is Shigaraki Tomura" is stupid. Stars n' Stripes's quirk work on how the other person feels about themselves, then it isn't a power of her own, she wouldn't be able to use her power in an Alzheimer patient, or in a transgender person when identified by the gender they themselves don't recognise themselves with, besides there is the whole "Am I Shigaraki Tomura?", if her power works on absolutes where one has to identify themselves exactly how she calls them, if her quirk didn't work on him that means he at no level recognises himself as Shigaraki anymore, thus making it wrong the author keeping Shigaraki as the character he always was. Trying to bring a "philosophical" power to the manga was a bad move, because the logic don't make sense.
i agree with your take on what the person feel about themselves and possibly these might be the limits of her quirk but how often do u meet people who have identify crisis? People will obviously believe and will recognise themselves with the name they are given.
Nov 6, 2021 10:01 AM

Feb 2014
i_m_a_hero_too said:
curvedtree said:
i agree with your take on what the person feel about themselves and possibly these might be the limits of her quirk but how often do u meet people who have identify crisis? People will obviously believe and will recognise themselves with the name they are given.

But the whole identity thing is a major topic on philosophy, who are we really? Are we the one we recognise ourselves at this very moment? Are our names enough to recognise us? Is the mangaka saying that our names are enough to specify us as people? Say, is the i_m_a_hero_too that replied to my comment the same as the one from 20 minutes ago? What about 3 days ago? What about 3 days from now? Do you recognise yourself as i_m_a_hero_too now? What about when eating breakfast? What about if I call you "i_m_a_hero_too" would you reply because that is what you are called or that is because how you identify yourself? If that is how you identify yourself, what about other people with the same name as you? Are they like you because you share a name, the very same name? If so, they can't be any different from you, but as we know, we are all different in our own individualities. I mean, philosophy is a huge pain in the butt, I am alright with all powers in Boku no Hero so far, but what the mangaka said in this chapter is oversimplifying a really difficult issue and this quirk is probably the most unbelievable and easiest to overcome - if Stars said anything to All Might, would he recognise himself as All Might or Toshinori? What if he has more than one definition for those? There is All Might at the beginning, at the moment he got that wound, when he defeated AFO, when he saw potential on Deku. What about Toshinori? Toshinori before getting the powers? Or maybe also after the injury? Or the current Toshinori? I don't think our own identities are a singular item, but a bundle of different of "reactions" we have towards different people.
Nov 6, 2021 11:13 AM

Mar 2020
curvedtree said:
i_m_a_hero_too said:

But the whole identity thing is a major topic on philosophy, who are we really? Are we the one we recognise ourselves at this very moment? Are our names enough to recognise us? Is the mangaka saying that our names are enough to specify us as people? Say, is the i_m_a_hero_too that replied to my comment the same as the one from 20 minutes ago? What about 3 days ago? What about 3 days from now? Do you recognise yourself as i_m_a_hero_too now? What about when eating breakfast? What about if I call you "i_m_a_hero_too" would you reply because that is what you are called or that is because how you identify yourself? If that is how you identify yourself, what about other people with the same name as you? Are they like you because you share a name, the very same name? If so, they can't be any different from you, but as we know, we are all different in our own individualities. I mean, philosophy is a huge pain in the butt, I am alright with all powers in Boku no Hero so far, but what the mangaka said in this chapter is oversimplifying a really difficult issue and this quirk is probably the most unbelievable and easiest to overcome - if Stars said anything to All Might, would he recognise himself as All Might or Toshinori? What if he has more than one definition for those? There is All Might at the beginning, at the moment he got that wound, when he defeated AFO, when he saw potential on Deku. What about Toshinori? Toshinori before getting the powers? Or maybe also after the injury? Or the current Toshinori? I don't think our own identities are a singular item, but a bundle of different of "reactions" we have towards different people.
thats why she has to touch and say the name so as no person with the same name will accidentally gets ordered...so she has to touch me and say my MAL name and yes i go by my MAL name so if any stranger calls my MAL name obviously they would get my attention but since my real name is what is I believe is my identity is so my guess if she touches me orders me with my MAL name i think i would shrug it off coz my identity lies in my real name.

All Might is his hero name or his code word and since Public Hero Safety Commission exists no two heroes can have the same name so SnS quirk would only work efficiently if she says Toshinori.

When Shigaraki was being controlled my guess is his heart would have stopped if he had moved but heart beating is an involuntary action so its like the heart obeyed SnS command but in his mind he would be like he does not want his heart to stop beating that his an action is performed against his will which means OFA can't be stolen but...
Shigaraki was fighting with AFO vestige and his for like a month after the war arc so constant fighting has weigh him down and he is only feeding on hatred and feeling to destroy anything and everything so his identity was erased and a new being is being created...crazy right...
but u said that u didn't like philosophical ideas and i respect that but considering what Hori has given us and the rules of New Order I don't find any problem with it.

We are now at the final act of the manga which means we have been drawn in by the story and the characters to stick till the end so lets hope that the dreams the characters have and the salvation the villains need is fulfilled.

And we don't know the full extent of her quirk so anything we say is just assumptions.
Nov 6, 2021 7:24 PM

Jan 2011
Kuma said:
they really hyping up her quirk.
All for the moment Shiggy takes it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 423 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - May 15

50 by landofthekwt »»
2 hours ago

» Why does this show have a tumblr like fanbase?

Deathlydash - Yesterday

1 by KayKimii »»
Yesterday, 12:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 376 Discussion

alphazero4um - Dec 22, 2022

28 by KoniginElle »»
May 21, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 422 Discussion

MegamiRem - May 10

34 by marquinti2 »»
May 20, 10:31 PM

» Couldn’t Hagakure have an actual hero costume?

gavdaniels23 - May 13

8 by bastek66 »»
May 17, 3:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.