Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 13, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
While the main focus is on Komi for this show, I find Najimi's character role to also be hilarious. Definitely need to see more of Najimi in this show.

Komi's role is comedy gold with her body language and using expressions than words. Pure comedy gold.

Definitely been enjoying this show. It's just so damn entertaining.

Apr 2020
So Osana is a boy or a girl? I'm confused as hell. Osana has very many childhood friends, even Osana had met Komi in elementary school, Smol Komi is so cute.

Tadano had expressed his love to a girl before, lmao.

Now Komi has 2 friends.
Komi struggles to order coffee, lmao.

Ngl, The ED is really good
KaisekiOct 13, 2021 8:33 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like it's finally time to introduce the other characters in the show who are really very important to the story IMO. Tadano's mission is to have Komi-san make 99 more friends. But, he's having a hard time as well. Osana Najimi is here, one of my favorite characters in this show. I love him/her. LOL. He/She is Tadano's childhood friend. And, Najimi is really bold and communicative with everyone except... but that changed very rapidly. LOL

Another wholesome and adorable episode. Can't point any problem with this show so far. I'm loving it and gotta give it to OLM, they're absolutely nailing this adaptation.

Jul 2017
Looks like Tadano's mission of getting 100 friends (minus 1 because Tadano) for Komi is harder than he thought.

Yamai Ren is such a weiner lols, but even Tadano himself is like Komi, that he couldn't find any friends himself. The next target: the childhoood friend transgender Najimi Osana has finally arrived. The social class idol where everyone can relate to him/her, also being childhood friends, Najimi's such a loyal friend. But getting the hang of it in regards to Komi, Najimi shakes his/her head based on their childhood history also. "What is so wet" lols Najimi?

Oh well, a friend earned, and Najimi revises her tactic to talking with Komi. Love the different perspectives taken straight from the manga, plus the whole "confession" scene which is creepy to see, but man did Komi save the day with her death stares lols. Yay, a 2nd friend with that jump.

Najimi's training for Komi going to order a drink at Starbucks Standbakes on her own, and the Barista is quite the hilarity with the blatant salt bae caramel dressing. Komi is shocked of the wrong order and weeps, but her pout is nice.

Nice ED, now together with the visuals.
KANLen09Oct 14, 2021 12:20 PM
Oct 13, 2021 8:30 AM

Apr 2021
He's(She's) Finally shown up!!!

One of my Favorite characters from the manga Najimi....Man Ever since I started reading the manga I'd always wanted to see him(her)

So Komi's first friend was Tadano that makes it 99 and then Najimi so that makes 98 more to go.....There are many more Funny and interesting characters to come :)

Overall A pretty good episode!!!!
Joel77Oct 13, 2021 8:46 AM
Oct 13, 2021 8:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Absolutely great episode, I loved every moment of it, this class has a lot of weirdos (someone even has a knight armor wtf) but it's nice to see more of Osana Najimi (nice pun tbh xD) really good androgynous character that has a lot of friends but kinda had a hard time with Komi's personality before, but they still manage to become friends after going back from school together, Komi is more frightening than that thug dude lmao... it's sure hardcore to make the right order at Starbucks when you can't communicate but it was absolutely hilarious.
Oct 13, 2021 8:32 AM

Jul 2019
Will just copy shit from my Anilist comment:

Good episode, funny as hell lmao. Well, it wasn't like it wasn't going to be funny tho.

For the first part, it is kinda mad to see one of the only people who don't like Komi is the same good who is on good vibes with literally everyone from back in the day. Just shows how strong the Madonna of the school is lol. Simple misunderstanding tho oof.

The second part with that Maa dude confession was funny too lol. Man really wanted to go for Najimi.

The last part to get Najimi's ridiculous order, was again, funny (wouldn't have guessed it). This part kinda shows how really good Komi-san's production is with the manga narration text still being visible whilst also making use of actual animation to compliment into some peak comedy moment, I thought I'd comment on that since it is obvious, but I paid more attention to it in this episode.

Also, rip Komi when Najimi says anything:
Oct 13, 2021 8:34 AM

Jul 2019
Kaiseki said:
So Osana is a boy or a girl?
iirc, it is just up to interpretation as there is no official gender lol. Though, if you want, as the fans say, Najimi is just Najimi.
Oct 13, 2021 8:39 AM
Jul 2017
Ah yes, our "Najimi" has arrived with his/her personality given knows that sometimes he/she will bring fun, and sometimes will bring chaos. For those who new to this series, just remember three words when it comes to Najimi's gender: "Najimi is Najimi".

*We got a glimpse of Tadano's dark past on junior high school
Oct 13, 2021 8:41 AM

Apr 2020
NextUniverse said:
iirc, it is just up to interpretation as there is no official gender lol. Though, if you want, as the fans say, Najimi is just Najimi.
I see, rather than I'm confused using "she" or "he" I will mention the name (Najimi)
Oct 13, 2021 8:50 AM

Oct 2017
Enter everyone's childhood friend, Osana Najimi. He/she's a really amusing character. With a classified gender and millions of friends he/she's exact opposite of Komi san but I'm glad they became friends. Interactions between Komi, Najimi and Tadano were quite amusing.

This continues to be a great adaptation. The animation and directing this episode was simply beautiful. ED is out and it's quite beautiful too.

Kaiseki said:
So Osana is a boy or a girl? I'm confused as hell. Osana has very many childhood friends, even Osana had met Komi in elementary school, Smol Komi is so cute.

Now Komi has 2 friends.

Osana Najimi's name is a pun on that btw. OsanaNajimi means childhood friend and he/she has a lot of childhood friends.
MegamiRemOct 18, 2021 1:22 AM
Oct 13, 2021 9:14 AM

May 2020
I always liked how everyone's name in this series has something to do with their personality, and the same goes for everyone's childhood friend Osana Najimi, good to see him/her being animated.

And Tadano you don't have to ask Yamai, when you have your childhood friend there for you. Even Najimi's having problems conversing with Komi-san, the one whose communication skills are one of the best in country, but yeah that's how Komi is.

Feeling sorry for that man confessing to Najimi and then got seriously scared from Komi, her expressions really can scare anyone out.

Now with the Holy book being out and having two names in it, the task of 100 friends is still a thing out of their reach but then again a solid episode like the first one, this adaptation just keeps impressing. ED being nice too.
Oct 13, 2021 9:45 AM
Jun 2021
Where are y'all watching it on I can't find it anywhere
Oct 13, 2021 9:53 AM

Jul 2017
The first episode was a mixed bag for me with moments of greatness and moments of mediocrity, this one was more consistent as it focused on Tadano trying to introduce Komi to some others to help Komi find some new faces to communicate with and become friends eventually. It was quite the struggle for him, but at least Komi did make one with Osana, despite some obstacles along the way.

Like I mentioned, it was more consistent than the first episode but didn't really have anything that I particularly laughed or charmed at. I wouldn't call it boring by any means and for killing 20 minutes, it did its job but I wasn't too into watching this and some of the humor in anime form felt too forced for me at times. Those last couple chapters that were adapted just didn't click for me at all with this anime in particular.

The visuals continue to look really good and I'm more used to the artstyle now than the previous episode, voice acting is great as usual too. But also still don't like the high usage of text bubbles and onomatopoeia (although this element wasn't as stuffed with its usage as last week's). This anime looks so good, but it's way too stuck with the 1:1 of the manga down to the bubbles, to the point where this might as well just been a trailer or promo to the manga. It's good to see a series adapt truly to the material and not even skip much, but there's a fine line too which it exceeds by just not differentiating itself from the manga at all except there's movement and voice acting and music. Not the worst complaint imaginable, but something that could easily be fixed for me if text bubbles or other little details were restrained a little bit to make the anime stand out as an anime and not just be a moving manga. A balance is key in these kind of things.

So yeah, this series has been off to a mixed start with both episodes now. One of the few anime I don't dislike so far, but I'm not by any means in love with this series either. Hope it gets better as time progresses, but given how episode 1 had one of my favorite scenes early on with the blackboard and I found that episode to be a mixed bag too, I don't know. I'll see.
Oct 13, 2021 10:17 AM

Apr 2018
Episode mostly focused on Tadano introducing Komi to other people. Which led to Komi making her second friend aka Osana. She's pretty talkative but a fun person to be with. Komi scaring the hell out of that one guy got me. The visuals are as clean as always. Komi's definitely living up to the hype. Can't wait for more. I recently put the manga on hold after binging 50-60 chapters. Gotta enjoy the anime first.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 13, 2021 10:21 AM

Jun 2021
Massivelegend19 said:

+1 i cant find the episode
Oct 13, 2021 11:20 AM

Jul 2011
Najimi is Hideyoshi second coming. Which is nostalgic.

Thinking about it, is strange Tadano not be more high profile after writing a big "Love" on the track field.

Komi using a key to kill someone would be a good anime and would be a John Wick stunt.

Find a barista that love the job like that is a dream.

Poor Komi, those tears hurt.

One more week watching raw with the manga by my side.
Oct 13, 2021 11:34 AM

Aug 2013
I laughed hard at that part where that big guy thought that she's gonna kill him.
Pretty solid episode. I love what they're doing with all these signs. Animation and art is beautiful too.
Also
長名なじみ - Osana Najimi
幼馴染 / Osananajimi - childhood friend.
Hah.
Kaiseki said:
So Osana is a boy or a girl? I'm confused as hell.

MC-kun remembers him as a boy from the past. He's using male pronouns.
And he literally said he's a guy.

Massivelegend19 said:

There's no subs yet except Japanese ones. Some people are using Japanese subs.
rsc-plOct 13, 2021 12:07 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 13, 2021 12:27 PM

Dec 2017
rsc-pl said:

Where can I find the episode with Japanese subs, though?
Oct 13, 2021 2:52 PM

Apr 2020
MegamiRem said:
Osana Najimi's name is a pun on that btw. OsanaNajimi means childhood friend and he/she has a lot of childhood friends.
Yeah, and that's why Najimi has a lot of childhood friends
Oct 13, 2021 3:35 PM
Aug 2019
There couldn't be a more fitting voice for Najimi, also finally could see Komi's jump. ED is really good

5/5
Oct 13, 2021 3:49 PM
Oct 2020
Where do I watch the show? I can’t find it anywhere.
Oct 13, 2021 4:49 PM

Apr 2018
ScopicHD said:
Where do I watch the show? I can’t find it anywhere.

Netflix will stream it worldwide next week, you'd better be patient until then or you can watch it elsewhere
Hachii13Oct 13, 2021 4:59 PM
Oct 13, 2021 5:46 PM
Jun 2021
Where can I watch Komi San wa episode 2
Oct 13, 2021 5:50 PM
Dec 2019
how tf did you guys even watch the 2nd episode
Oct 13, 2021 8:31 PM

May 2019
Calm down folks, they are watching raw. These guys above can understand japanese (or watch the raw anyway, since they already know what is happening from manga).

In the main pirate pages, it will be released in a few hours yet.
Oct 13, 2021 8:53 PM
Jul 2021
Massivelegend19 said:

go to netflix or torrent and be arrrrrr im the pirate
Oct 13, 2021 10:09 PM
Aug 2021
Osama Najimi's a cool gal but even she couldn't help in making Komi talk. Also love how her name means childhood friend lol

I died at the scene where the delinquent thinks Komi was gonna murder him when she was just giving him his key back.

Oh and Osana's perverted as hell. Lmao I kinda relate to her but I would keep those sorta thoughts in my head.
Oct 13, 2021 11:01 PM

Aug 2019
Truly my favourite episode by far
Oct 13, 2021 11:15 PM

May 2021
You must call her KOMI SAMA! The whispering in that scene was pretty creepy xD. Loving this show so far. Really entertaining. The shivering noise from Komi San is pretty cool too xD. Looking forward to the next episode.
AISHITERU...REM!
Oct 13, 2021 11:17 PM

Jul 2021
2nd episode is pure comedy gold that made me laugh for 24 minutes straight worth watching Komi-san struggling to communicate. I like how Tadano is trying to help Komi-san make new friends. Najimi was introduced and I love the VA who's portraying her personality, it's as accurate to what I expect Najimi's voice would be when reading the manga but please tell me if Najimi is a genderqueer because it's really hard to specify whether or not Najimi is a he/she. Also what I find entertaining about this episode is when Najimi told Komi-san to order some Frappuccino and we all know Komi-san struggles to communicate but the guy who was making the Frappuccino with such audacity went like, "From my 15 years of experience I know what she's thinking!" but in the end, the guy made a wrong flavored Frappuccino and Komi-san knew it from a facial appearance and she cried when Najimi figured that Komi-san ordered the wrong Frappuccino but ironically, Tadano apologizes as well lolol. Visually, the animation got a lot better than the first episode where it's very eye catching, simplistic and not overly saturated, the design and style is as accurate to the manga though the manga felt a slight funnier but I think it's just me since I have read the chapters that are involve in episode 2 numerous time which wont imply to others who haven't read the manga so don't worry about that. Also there's another new ED that sounds really nice, would be on my spotify list but please Kitri, RELEASE the other ED called "Sympathy" because I enjoyed listening to the OST for this show so far! Overall, I really am looking forward to the other friends in later episode to reach Komi-san's objective to get 100 friends and for now she has to find 98 more!!
CQLLISTOct 14, 2021 8:55 PM
Oct 13, 2021 11:25 PM

Jun 2021
Been re-reading the manga recently and seeing that ending just made me tear up man, great episode overall, can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 13, 2021 11:36 PM
Jun 2021
Well i would rate it IF I COULD FUCKING WATCH IT ITS BEEN 14 HOURS WHERE IS MY ANIME
Oct 14, 2021 12:31 AM
Feb 2021
oh god, the animation is unbelievable, every scene is just too perfect
Oct 14, 2021 12:46 AM

Mar 2021
You can watch the episode on animixplay... it have some eng subs

Well, that's a really good episode and najimi is hideyoshi

If it looks like I stand no chance I’ll run away and think up a new plan, but otherwise, I should see how strong it is with my own eyes, right?

Oct 14, 2021 12:50 AM

Sep 2018
Najimi is here!

Arguably my favorite character from the early Komi-san, his/her voice sounds perfect!

cant wait for the next episode!
well that's just my opinion.....
Oct 14, 2021 1:00 AM

Sep 2011
Najimi seems an interesting character lol Komi-san is so cute when she tries to speak to other people.
Oct 14, 2021 1:07 AM

Aug 2020
Improvement over last week imo, Najimi was a great addition but I still can't stand Komi's character

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Oct 14, 2021 1:35 AM

Apr 2020
Really liked how they played Gymnopédies at the very start of the episode, such a good piano piece :)
Episode 2 was really done well, I enjoyed it
Oct 14, 2021 5:38 AM
Apr 2020
Bro... The series got top tier adaptation I can't believe it 😭
Oct 14, 2021 5:38 AM
Apr 2020
erjata said:
Massivelegend19 said:

watch it on animixplay
Oct 14, 2021 5:40 AM
Apr 2020
rsc-pl said:
I laughed hard at that part where that big guy thought that she's gonna kill him.
Pretty solid episode. I love what they're doing with all these signs. Animation and art is beautiful too.
Also
長名なじみ - Osana Najimi
Hah.
Kaiseki said:

Massivelegend19 said:

erjata said:
Massivelegend19 said:

watch it on animixplayna
rsc-pl said:
Also
長名なじみ - Osana Najimi
Hah.
Kaiseki said:

Massivelegend19 said:

najimi is najimi.
Oct 14, 2021 6:34 AM

Jul 2019
Komi is making a hell of a progress this time, we even heard three precious words from her. She also tries herself in new situations whether it is a joint lunch or a visit to a coffee house. Oh, how much she still has to go through in this vast world of words. Thumbs up for lively cat ears as usual.

Tadano is a perfect supporter, he also tries to find new relationships in school to cut the path for Komi and even when a popular girl destroys his soul in all the rules of the school hierarchy he does not give up and looks for options. I laughed out loud when a couple of kid and mom mistook him for a stalker, I mean there's some truth in it but Tadano does everything with good intentions.

Najimi is a wrecking ball (in a good way). Very talkative, flexible in communication, moderately spoiled interesting person. A scene with little Komi helped us to understand how deep Komi's problems are and Najimi realises that it wasn't arrogant and haughty at the time.
Oct 14, 2021 8:25 AM

Dec 2020
this adaptation is so so good what the hell i actually cant pinpoint a single thing they got wrong on. from the voice lines, animation everything i love this

the starbucks scene LMAO been there, im also horrible at ordering stuff irl face to face like that so whenever they offer something ill just take it even tho its not what i wanted
Oct 14, 2021 9:15 AM

Nov 2011
The fact that all the people in the coffee shop looked all prim, proper, and pompous had me in tears. Holy shit this adaptation has been flawless so far.

I feel like the VA cast is perfect and the direction has been amazing. I love how they use the little word boxes and they follow Komi around as well.

Great episode.

Oh and the ending is beautiful and perfect!!! Love it.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 14, 2021 9:19 AM
Dec 2007
Great episode but I think I might just wait for the official Netflix release. The subs seem to be a bit off and that's talking away some of the enjoyment.
Oct 14, 2021 12:15 PM
Sep 2019
Kaiseki said:

Now Komi has 2 friends.

Najimi is Najimi. Nothing more, nothing less.
Oct 14, 2021 12:18 PM
Jan 2021
Najimi is Najimi, when he announced that she wants 100 friends and Najimi said ''that little'' i died laughing. cant wait for next episode.
Oct 14, 2021 12:22 PM

Feb 2014
If I try to imagine what a moe chainsaw would sound like at full power, then I would look directly at Komi when she tries to say any word. The way she stutters non-stop when she tries to talk is super cute! X3

Once again, this was another solid episode and the production quality still remains at a high level. I do approve of the use of the classical Gymnopédies at the start of the episode. That gave me Haruhi Suzumiya movie vibes instantly.

The big talking point of this episode was the introduction to Takano's childhood friend, Osana Najimi. Just like the infamous Hideyoshi from Baka & Test, Osana's gender remains a bit of a mystery, at least to my anime-only eyes and that topic should bring more comedic moments in the future. Either way, regardless whether Osana is a she or a he, I do like Osana's tomboy-ish looks and the showcase of Osana's thighs while wearing the girls uniform. =P
Oct 14, 2021 12:36 PM
Apr 2017
Soundtrack Question: At the beginning sequence of the episode right before the opening, what is the piano song called?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

222 by flokigoat »»
Sep 3, 1:16 PM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

93 by SolalAnime »»
Jul 29, 6:19 AM

» This show is an absolute disgrace at representing social anxiety ( 1 2 )

Fischer77 - Apr 26

67 by JizzyHitler »»
Jul 27, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2021

121 by mal-Ghifari451 »»
Jul 9, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2021

97 by Azurosa »»
Jun 19, 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.