Forum Settings
Forums

Hungary bans same-sex couples from adopting children

New
Dec 15, 2020 2:03 PM

Nov 2018
The Hungarian parliament has passed a law effectively banning same-sex couples from adopting children.

The legislation put forward by Prime Minister Viktor Orban's right-wing government says only married couples can adopt, with some exceptions for single relatives of the child.

Same-sex couples will now be unable to adopt, even if one of them applies as a single person.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55324417

----
Based. I support Hungary and Poland on this.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 15, 2020 2:18 PM

Mar 2008
Couldn't they just file as a single parent and claim the other person is a roommate? Or does it ban single parents entirely as well not just homosexuals?
Dec 15, 2020 2:24 PM

Jun 2008
Hungary + Poland = Backwards anti-Western Principles of Europe.

For you Americans, think of them as Texas and Florida.
Dec 15, 2020 2:26 PM
Feb 2020
how dare that country I've never been to not mindlessly conform to cosmopolitan American values
Dec 15, 2020 3:09 PM

Nov 2018
Hillary_Clinton_ said:
how dare that country I've never been to not mindlessly conform to cosmopolitan American values

Still a shitty europoor country tho
Dec 15, 2020 3:49 PM

Nov 2009
Hillary_Clinton_ said:
Yeah fuck human rights, they are an American invention!
Dec 15, 2020 3:57 PM

Dec 2016
Gay parents where too much to the crownd that suposedly supported children. Prioritys am I rigth?

--ALEX-- said:

We almost got a blue Florida tho
N04L1TYDec 17, 2020 4:05 AM
heh.
Dec 15, 2020 4:09 PM

Jun 2008
Hillary_Clinton_ said:

Um...how about conform to European Western values?

Liberty, freedom, equality?

Sorry, but that IS what the West is about.

We do NOT have dictators, we believe in PROGRESS for our societies and individual LIBERTIES.

Hungary and Poland are shithole countries that haven't learned a goddamn thing about their horrible pasts.
Dec 15, 2020 4:25 PM

Sep 2020
I just wanna ask the people who put this in place one simple thing...

Dec 15, 2020 4:27 PM
Sep 2012
Literally reducing the chances of children having a home and a stable childhood, all because you think gay people are weird.

So backwards.
Dec 15, 2020 4:40 PM

Oct 2015
Perhaps they did that to make us forget about their homophobic politician found in a gay orgy Lol
Seriously, parents being a gay couple or not shouldn't matter as long as kids are treated well and with love. That's plain stupid and unfair.
NyarlathothepDec 15, 2020 6:38 PM
Dec 15, 2020 4:44 PM

Nov 2018
--ALEX-- said:

That's the national motto of France not Europe

France is becoming a failed state if you haven't been following news.
Dec 15, 2020 4:54 PM

Jun 2015
Nice.

I wholeheartly support this.
Finally countries that have some common sense
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Dec 15, 2020 5:13 PM

Nov 2018
Nyarlathothep said:

Seriously, parents being a gay couple or not shouldn't matter as long as kids are treated well and will love. That's plain stupid and unfair.

I disagree, it's outright wrong to expose a child to such disorientation when they were not products of such. A Child needs a mother and a father.

Takamura-sama said:
Nice.

Based Muslim lol

Their country, their choice. We could learn from Hungary
Dec 15, 2020 5:40 PM

Mar 2012
Repressed homosexuality runs deep among Hungarian politicians. Too bad they have to take it out on real people.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Dec 15, 2020 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
Kinda cringe not gonna lie. I did at least 8 backflips while reading this, and I wasn't really counting. And I don't know even how to do a backflip.
Dec 15, 2020 5:53 PM

Jun 2011
BenRyan said:
Nyarlathothep said:

Seriously, parents being a gay couple or not shouldn't matter as long as kids are treated well and will love. That's plain stupid and unfair.

I disagree, it's outright wrong to expose a child to such disorientation when they were not products of such. A Child needs a mother and a father.

Takamura-sama said:
Nice.

Based Muslim lol

Because having no parents is totally more desireable. :/

I knew plenty of people who had lesbian mothers who raised them.

I was raised by a single father. Still better off than someone with no parents.

The evolutionary purpose of gay men especially is to have non-breeding pairs to care for offspring without parents. To deny them adoption rights is to deny the evolutionary benefit they are supposed to provide.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Dec 15, 2020 5:56 PM

Jan 2019
Hungary did the right thing to protect kids. We should follow this example
Sorry For bad English.
Dec 15, 2020 6:28 PM

Apr 2018
--ALEX-- said:

Texas and Florida are good state though. Way better than the commie states.
Dec 15, 2020 6:31 PM

Apr 2018
PHMM18 said:

This protects children how? There's already been countless scientific studies that prove children don't need to be raised in a nuclear family. Like it's fine if you wanna have a nuclear family, but the government shouldn't prevent same sex couples from adopting children.
Dec 15, 2020 6:31 PM

May 2016
--ALEX-- said:

Yet Poland houses the only gaming company in the world that doesn't cave to crybabies and make an edgy game. (Cp2077)

#worth I would say
Dec 15, 2020 6:33 PM

Mar 2008
ProfessionalNEET said:
traed said:
Couldn't they just file as a single parent and claim the other person is a roommate? Or does it ban single parents entirely as well not just homosexuals?

Shhhhhh, you're not supposed to figure that out

And the other parent could be legally made their Godparent.
Dec 15, 2020 6:55 PM

Jan 2019
Kodeb8 said:
PHMM18 said:

This protects children how? There's already been countless scientific studies that prove children don't need to be raised in a nuclear family. Like it's fine if you wanna have a nuclear family, but the government shouldn't prevent same sex couples from adopting children.
just like there's has been countless scientific studies that show that the lack of a father and mother can be very damaging but i am aware that is not guaranteed. A lot of people can go through hell and still be great adults. In my country there's a lot of child marriage and a lot of girls that go through that still grow up incredible but that doen't mean i won't be against because the problem is in the possibility of being bad and the same goes for same-sex adoption it's not guaranteed to be bad but why risk after all the kid don't consent in both cases.i don't think that adults have right of adoption. It's the kids right of being adopted the best way possible that is a father and mother.I'm also against single adoption just so you know. you can easily see that kids never asked for this so it's not a matter of individualism and because of that it should be ilegal
Sorry For bad English.
Dec 15, 2020 7:21 PM

Jan 2016
Bernrika said:
Hillary_Clinton_ said:
Yeah fuck human rights, they are an American invention!

Human rights is a meme buzz phrase. You should look into how that even became a phrase because its been used to justify imperialism and war for many years now.

"Invade China for human rights violations"
"Invade Libya and kill Gaddafi for human rights violations"
"Invade Vietnam for evil communist human rights violations"

It doesn't even make sense because philosophically, the only human right anyone is actually born with is the right to die. Everything else is granted temporarily for economic and ideological reasons.
Dec 15, 2020 8:45 PM

Dec 2016
Jee, fuck humans rigths because it was used by imperalist in a contradictory way once, it is not like human rigths also have anything to do with feminism, end of slavery or LGBT acceptance. Let's just lump this academic and legal term together with actual buzzwords like SJWs.

What? Disdain for human rigths is literaly 1 one of the 14 points of fascism? Don't care.
heh.
Dec 15, 2020 8:58 PM

Sep 2017
Very based and redpilled.I support it
Those Hungary guys are sure gaining some common sense
خ
Dec 15, 2020 9:07 PM

Jun 2015
BenRyan said:
Nyarlathothep said:

Takamura-sama said:
Nice.

Based Muslim lol

Why are we so focused on other countries.

Our countries are shit.
America is full of libtards and SJW's.
Europe doesn't know what the fuck they're doing.
Africa has budget Adolf Hitler.
Asia is cool, but too diverse.

Edit: Japan at least has gay marriage banned. Like it should be. No point in letting them marry.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Dec 15, 2020 9:13 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
"Our world will be such a perfect place if only homosexual couples were not allowed to adopt children."

More unhappy couples, more children left to rot without parents. Congratulations, Hungary.

traed said:

I do not think that will be possible if only married couples are allowed to adopt.
Dec 15, 2020 9:16 PM

Jan 2019
Kodeb8 said:
PHMM18 said:

The data is clear that the nuclear family is superior, but you shouldn't even need data. I object to this idea that we need labcoats and academics to tell us our common sense is correct. They are not the ultimate authority.
Dec 15, 2020 9:45 PM

Jan 2020
Good thing, otherwise imagine what will happen to the kids. They will be bullied so much because the other kids find out that they have two gay dads or two lesbian mothers, to the point that they have to change school only to be bullied again in their new environments. Then they will become problematic individuals in society when they become adults.

Homosexuals could get married and do whatever, but please don't involve and harm innocent children. People that support their right to adopt children are a bunch of despicable individuals who only use the minority to put forward their progressive stance. They don't care at all about the well being of the children.

People who argue it's better for the children to be adopted by same-sex couples are missing the big picture. The kids are better off in the foster homes, safe and sound in the company of other kids. Moreover, same-sex couples only represent a very small population that it's negligible. Thus you should focus on the majority which is traditional couples. But ohh shoot the progressive has made them extinct that we should depend on same-sex couples to save the foster children now lol.

Hear hear, where are the children originated from? They are likely borne outside of wedlock, so again it's the fault of the progressive people lmao. None of that would happen if people follow traditional values that are set by religion. The two major religions, Christianity and Islam clearly forbid having sex outside of marriage. Mistakes happen and God forgives, but the adults should be responsible for the kids. The progressive always seeks for the easy routes, either kill them off before they have consciousness or neglect them altogether. What a clown world.
"You misunderstood from the very beginning. You just believed what you wanted to believe."
Rei Ayanami
Dec 15, 2020 10:55 PM

Apr 2013
The shitty thing with that is that the EU cannot say a word about it or else they veto important economical decisions until the EU accepts to not say a word anymore, *smh*
BenRyan said:
--ALEX-- said:

That's the national motto of France not Europe

France is becoming a failed state if you haven't been following news.

No that's not. It's Freedom, Equality, Fraternity.

And it's only becoming a failed state in your hater's sweet dreams as well.
Dec 15, 2020 11:07 PM

Aug 2016
A mother and father is needed in one's lives to develop fully, as they provide different things that is valuable for a child's life, so one or the other not being present may cause problems, but no we have to be progressive, because that's what is trendy and virtuous now days.
People who uses MAL forums are mostly bug people, take their speech with a grain of salt.
Professional Supreme Gentleman - 恋人はあなたが選んだ兄弟です
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimeElitism/ (AnimeElitism Reddit)
https://discord.gg/4kdGsFG (Dead Discord)
2静か先生88#7307
Dec 15, 2020 11:23 PM

Oct 2012
2shizukasensei88 said:
A mother and father is needed in one's lives to develop fully, as they provide different things that is valuable for a child's life, so one or the other not being present may cause problems, but no we have to be progressive, because that's what is trendy and virtuous now days.
Exactly, hopefully they make single parents illegal next i'm sure it would solve all their issues.

Also orphans should be double illegal because they don't have a mom or a dad they should put them on a boat send them to Brazil or something.
Dec 16, 2020 12:36 AM

Aug 2018
vuxk said:
Good thing, otherwise imagine what will happen to the kids. They will be bullied so much because the other kids find out that they have two gay dads or two lesbian mothers, to the point that they have to change school only to be bullied again in their new environments. Then they will become problematic individuals in society when they become adults.

Homosexuals could get married and do whatever, but please don't involve and harm innocent children. People that support their right to adopt children are a bunch of despicable individuals who only use the minority to put forward their progressive stance. They don't care at all about the well being of the children.

People who argue it's better for the children to be adopted by same-sex couples are missing the big picture. The kids are better off in the foster homes, safe and sound in the company of other kids. Moreover, same-sex couples only represent a very small population that it's negligible. Thus you should focus on the majority which is traditional couples. But ohh shoot the progressive has made them extinct that we should depend on same-sex couples to save the foster children now lol.

Hear hear, where are the children originated from? They are likely borne outside of wedlock, so again it's the fault of the progressive people lmao. None of that would happen if people follow traditional values that are set by religion. The two major religions, Christianity and Islam clearly forbid having sex outside of marriage. Mistakes happen and God forgives, but the adults should be responsible for the kids. The progressive always seeks for the easy routes, either kill them off before they have consciousness or neglect them altogether. What a clown world.

Somebody taught these kids to hate gays and lesbians in the first place, so your point is moot.
Dec 16, 2020 1:21 AM
Jul 2018
They are not our neighbours. There is a wasteland in the east of Austria and nobody knows what's there. I assume it's Mordor.
Dec 16, 2020 1:26 AM

Jul 2016
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
They are not our neighbours. There is a wasteland in the east of Austria and nobody knows what's there. I assume it's Mordor.

What a xenophobic, intolerant and hateful statement.

According to your own logic, Austria was a wasteland, it was Mordor 20 years ago.
Dec 16, 2020 1:49 AM
May 2009
Lol. Let them do as they do. At the end of the day, they might change their policies like with the rest of the Western states who also at first stigmatised and abused the homosexual's like they were the plague.
Dec 16, 2020 2:43 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
_Maneki-Neko_ said:

The border is so well guarded that one might have higher chances of successfully sneaking into Mordor through its Black Gate.

Pretty much all my experiences so far went like this:

Hungarian Border Security: *starts lecturing me in incomprehensible Hungarian after inspecting my passport for almost half an hour*
Me, the gullible traveler: "Sorry, can you speak in English, please?"
Hungarian Border Security: *cocks her AK-63*
Dec 16, 2020 2:50 AM
Jul 2018
Good. As long as I tolerate homosexuals, them adopting children is very bad for a kid
removed-userDec 28, 2020 2:38 AM
Dec 16, 2020 3:02 AM

Jan 2020
Opticflash said:
vuxk said:

Somebody taught these kids to hate gays and lesbians in the first place, so your point is moot.

You place too much importance on what the kids are taught. In reality, they learn on their own and kids with two dads/two moms are just different from the rest. The kids may seem obedient but when the teachers are not around, they will pick on somebody and those kids with gay parents are easy targets. Or it could be subtle like ostracism.
"You misunderstood from the very beginning. You just believed what you wanted to believe."
Rei Ayanami
Dec 16, 2020 3:10 AM

May 2018
Good. Children need to live with a normal family.
Dec 16, 2020 3:21 AM

Oct 2017
What's the logic behind this decision?
Dec 16, 2020 3:28 AM

Jan 2016
I'm sure the orphans are very adamant about not being adopted by homosexuals.
Dec 16, 2020 3:39 AM

Jul 2015
Drumbottle said:
What's the logic behind this decision?

From what I understand Hungary is in the middle of a christian-far-right-traditionalist-nationalistic trip. I mean, more than your average east-european nation.
They probably heard about colored people 3000 kilometres south in Italy and started panicking *shrugs*
Dec 16, 2020 3:44 AM
Jul 2018
Only_Brad said:
Good. Children need to live with a normal family.
Care to explain your logic behind saying this?
Dec 16, 2020 4:12 AM
Jul 2018
RuneImperialist said:
_Maneki-Neko_ said:

According to your own logic, Austria was a wasteland, it was Mordor 20 years ago.

I never said that is wasn't the case.
Dec 16, 2020 4:37 AM

Apr 2013
RuneImperialist said:
Zefyris said:
The shitty thing with that is that the EU cannot say a word about it or else they veto important economical decisions until the EU accepts to not say a word anymore, *smh*

No that's not. It's Freedom, Equality, Fraternity.

And it's only becoming a failed state in your hater's sweet dreams as well.

France has been a failed state for decades.

Who are you anyway?
the only failure here is your ability to be informed on the topic you speak of.
Dec 16, 2020 5:07 AM

Sep 2017
Opticflash said:
vuxk said:

Wrong, religious families simply don't teach the concept of homosexuality to their children
It's actually, someone teaches these children not to hate gay people
I remember when I first understood the concept of gay sex in 6th grade I was just "ewwww that's so gross"
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
RuneImperialist said:

I never said that is wasn't the case.

Aren't you that racist girl from the other thread?
خ
Dec 16, 2020 8:55 AM

Mar 2008
149597871 said:
"Our world will be such a perfect place if only homosexual couples were not allowed to adopt children."

More unhappy couples, more children left to rot without parents. Congratulations, Hungary.

traed said:

I do not think that will be possible if only married couples are allowed to adopt.

Then the more unfortunately complicated workaround is a gay couple and a lesbian couple marry and live together. Sham marriage.

So seems single people and unmarried couples may have as much difficulty since they would have to do same but with less people involved leading to probably bad results. At least with the gay couple the actual couples get to be together and arent pressured to marry who they are actually with.
Dec 16, 2020 10:35 AM

Mar 2015
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
--ALEX-- said:

Yet Poland houses the only gaming company in the world that doesn't cave to crybabies and make an edgy game. (Cp2077)

#worth I would say

Hey man, don't forget about Ice-Pick Lodge. Pathologic 2 is fucking dope.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.