Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 5 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 1, 2020 8:11 AM

Feb 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like Anos is famous among girls, xD. Seeing Sasha's expression when she saw Anos was so cute. Why is the transfer student is a boy, even though I hope that the transfer student is a cute girl with a big breast.

The battle of Anos and Rei is so amazing.

Aug 1, 2020 8:12 AM

Jul 2017
Oh ho, the right-hand man of Arnos, Shin Regulia, to eradicate the Hero Kanon, the 2000 years past. The wish to be reincarnated, huh.

Misa is an interesting character though: a half-spirit, half-demon, but it sure is a sign of relief when she and her Unitarian friends believe that Arnos is the TRUE Demon King of Tyranny, and are working hard to defuse the misplaced history. LOLs a fan club, the cringe-worthiness takes it to another level...but with more comrades, Arnos is gonna need all the help he can to figure out this mess.

A new transfer student: Ray Grandsley, other than the breathtaking ikemen he is...another addition to the harem team? He sure is like Arnos, heck care school politics. But to become the right-hand men and women of the former Demon King would take a good deal of magic power, skills and courage.

So it seems, the Arnos fan club and Ray vs. Arnos and the Necron sisters. Very high octane action, and could Ray very well be the reincarnate of Shin? I believe so, and with more to come.

Still a very fast paced series, and this is definitely not slowing down the enjoyment.
KANLen09Aug 4, 2020 4:39 PM
Aug 1, 2020 9:28 AM

Jan 2019
This episode was my least favourite episode so far.
But still like it.

This episode we've got:
New mysterious, new characters.
Anos still badass as always.
No OP in this episode but I like where they're put the OP into BGM of that fight.
NemozaZAug 1, 2020 9:41 AM
Holo no Graffiti is the best anime of all time... peko
Aug 1, 2020 9:29 AM

Feb 2019
This show is fucking amazing. So far, my non sequel anime of the season. Even though Anos is super OP the show just manages to stay entertaining and has fun side characters that add to the experience. The dude even has his own fan club wtf lol.

Loved the fight between Ray and Anos as well as seeing Misha and Sasha fight side by side. Some great development with them. Can’t believe we’re 5 weeks through this show already, time flies!
Aug 1, 2020 9:34 AM

Aug 2013
Anos has a fan club lol. That was something I wasn't expecting.

So we have a new student joining the academy. That was a good fight between Ray and Anos.

Next week episode a tournament. I'm looking forward to it.

Aug 1, 2020 9:34 AM

Jun 2015
When you can score a rank out of 100 and this week was harem development progress. And you get 100%. Damn, thats a real demon king for you!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 1, 2020 9:36 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode again.

I hope we get more flashbacks to 2000 years ago, the state of affairs from that time period sounds intriguing and I kinda want to see the Hero fight Anos.

Anos's homeroom teacher is out to get him but he sure shows her by instantly thwarting her plans.
Anos fan club, of course there was going to be one. xD

Ray seems like a really cool guy. I like him already.
The competition was pretty cool, seeing Misha and Sasha team up was great and Anos vs Ray was awesome too. I'm looking forward to their partnership.
Aug 1, 2020 9:44 AM
Oct 2016
Interesting episode to start this next arc. I'm liking the new characters that got introduced with Ray and Misa, along with the Anos Fan Club. Anos is like a boy band member when he came to see the fan club that first time. They all just about lost themselves in his mere presence. Funniest part of the show so far. Rest of the episode was mostly the team battle to test Ray and the Anos Fan Club. They ended up all having great levels of resolve like Anos wanted. Their before looked really good with the sword clashes. Anos even with just a piece of branch still held Ray back. This track record of Anos meeting people who once knew but have now reincarnated is pretty cool. Meeting his old right hand man now with Ray. They should make a great team going forward with this tournament. Looking forward to their rematch too.
Aug 1, 2020 9:53 AM
Sep 2015
So is Ray join Anos team or not? Didn't Ray past wish is to reborn and not serve him? So Anos want him to be in his own way instead of have him serve demon king again.
Aug 1, 2020 9:53 AM

Sep 2009
I think this is the first time I've seen a fan club of the main character and not a princely like character.
Aug 1, 2020 10:01 AM

Apr 2013
Wow... this covered nearly half of volume 2 in 1 episode...

Well it's the boring half so i don't really mind but still lol

Aug 1, 2020 10:11 AM

Oct 2017
Nice Anos got back one of his loyal subordinates. This guy is really strong with his sword and seems like a nice guy too.

Misha and Sasha's sycnchro spell was cool.
Aug 1, 2020 10:20 AM

Apr 2020
Anos got a harem, nice. Never thought an anime with an OP main character could be so good.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Aug 1, 2020 10:30 AM

Jan 2014
First half of the episode was pure jokes honestly. From just yanking a sword out of someone's chest, to having a fan club.

I love how he does things when it comes to those asking to be on his team. He doesn't out right reject them, but more asks them to prove themselves. Love it.
Aug 1, 2020 10:34 AM

Apr 2009
Damn epic opening. I hope we see Kanon's resurrection or whatever in the future, if Anos says is true about him then it is the truth and he's OP AF too!

The sisters doing a song...uhmm fusion of ice and fire magic. LOL

So Ray is Shin's resurrection huh?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 1, 2020 10:52 AM
Aug 2018
who is Ray's seiyuu? i can't recognize it
Aug 1, 2020 11:34 AM
Oct 2017
IwaOi-KHRStan said:
who is Ray's seiyuu? i can't recognize it

Takuma Terashima
https://myanimelist.net/people/494/Takuma_Terashima
Aug 1, 2020 11:35 AM
Oct 2017
Ah... As a WN reader, this episode was... really.... underwhelming.
They cut out so much of the good stuff.
The part between the 2 demon emperors and Ray + Anos was... so short, and really didn't show how powerful the demon emperors were supposedly. Oh well.
More stuff was missed and the chance for another cool quote was missed as well. :(

I do like the seiyuu cast choices though, funny how some of them were all in idol anime together. Lol.
Aug 1, 2020 12:00 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Of course a demon king would have a fan club like that. What did you guys expect.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 1, 2020 12:02 PM

Aug 2012
nightcrawlercyp said:
So moved past manga into novel territory. Episode was a bit rush but still ok. Liked the ice/fire combo
KANLen09 said:
Oh ho, the right-hand man of Arnos, Shin Regulia, to eradicate the Hero Kanon, the 2000 years past.

To stand for another classmate, Arnos has got guts, not like he doesn't have any. With that said, the "Unions" of the school (something like a club), WHEW I didn't think that Arnos would have a fan club that quick.

Misa is an interesting character though: a half-spirit, half-demon, but it sure is another level when she and her Union friends believe that Arnos is the TRUE Demon King of Tyranny, and are working hard to defuse the misplaced history.

A new transfer student: Ray Grandsley, other than the breathtaking ikemen he is, he is a faction leader, and just like Sasha, wants to be included in his group, but of course, if he did, the power balance is more broken than it is already.

But of course, trouble sure brews up quick between the both of them, and I'd foresee a power struggle happening soon. Will Arnos or Ray be able to loosen the grip, one over the other, it remains to tell of the whole story.

Still very fast pacing though.

I think is pretty obvious that Ray is Shin reincarnated. Also Anos like to have subordinates that can challenge him. That is the mark of a truly strong leader. Only weak bosses chose weaker people to follow them.

Leo said:
Anos has a fan club lol. That was something I wasn't expecting.

So we have a new student joining the academy. That was a good fight between Ray and Anos.

Next week episode a tournament. I'm looking forward to it.

too bad they skipped when he stops time to sign autographs at the same time for all his fans
Aug 1, 2020 12:09 PM
Jul 2020
Ray: Are you ever going to stop chatting?
Anos: If you want to shut me up, then drill that SWORD into me (mouth).

an obvious BL metaphor LOL
Aug 1, 2020 12:16 PM
Jul 2019
So, Arnos' fan club were compose of bastard hybrid, 1 part royalty and 1 part simpletons people.........

So, i guess Ray was once Anos's top general who he allowed to reincarnate.
Aug 1, 2020 12:18 PM

Apr 2007
Before this episode I assumed Ray was a reincarnation of Kanon, but instead it's another demon king ally. Oh well I'm sure he will appear soon.

Fun episode as usual~
Aug 1, 2020 12:52 PM

May 2015
Now that it's not only females around I find it more bearable. I think I can get used to this show and how op the MC is. But still feels like a long introduction, I hope the plot moves somewhat next time.
Aug 1, 2020 1:11 PM

May 2019
I liked this new character. The best episode of the season so far.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Aug 1, 2020 1:31 PM

Apr 2015
A fan club, a transfer student! Yep sounds like any typical high school Anime.

Jokes aside, it was pretty nice to see someone who's able to locks swords with Anos for as long as he did! Eventho he's a descendant (or resurrection) of someone Anos fought alongside with 2000 years ago!

I do have to say this whole talk about Royalty or Hybrids is quite annoying me, especially when you see that the teachers are also against Anos by trying to make false scores for their exam in that dungeon! Glad to see Ray is also someone who doesn't bother with royalty or hybrid! Good on him!

Can we see more of Misa? Like, starting next week? She put up a good fight against Sasha. I smell a great companion for Anos and his harem!

Jul 2020
Ohh what a nice fight between Anos and Ray.
Of course Anos holding up with only a stick.

Anos getting a little fan club haha. Where is the Harem Tag ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

Yup I'm ready for the next episode, Hypu!
Jul 2020
Monochrome said:
Before this episode I assumed Ray was a reincarnation of Kanon, but instead it's another demon king ally. Oh well I'm sure he will appear soon.

Fun episode as usual~

This time, Anos has gained another "friend".
I thought that Misha and Sasha were the reincarnations of Kanon, but now I think that all of Anos' squad members are pieces of Kanon.
Because Kanon had seven root sources.

also curious about the number of people matching Seven Elder Demon Emperors
Aug 1, 2020 1:45 PM

Dec 2013
That fan club bit was so funny how everyone was losing their mind, this show really knows how much to push with the over the top bits so I doesn't make you roll your eyes, it is so self aware.
Aug 1, 2020 2:33 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Haha Anos has already a fanclub xD two new great characters introduced, I really like Misa and Ray so far.
Aug 1, 2020 3:41 PM

Apr 2020
Anos is now famous among women

The battle between Anos and Ray was quite good, i had guessed that the winner would be Anos, and my guess was right
Aug 1, 2020 4:01 PM

Aug 2018
So he just learnt that his dedicated fanclub actually existed : that's the start of fame, boy. And his former subordinate "came back" to life under another person, without his memories but his sword skills remained. Well I guess Anos is slowly building up his reputation as well as his harem lul
Aug 1, 2020 4:43 PM
Aug 2013
We are on the 5th episode but this show still lacks a plot. Sure, I like OP MC but when there's no direction, it just becomes pointless.
Aug 1, 2020 5:01 PM

Mar 2014
I love how these subplots that normally would've taken several episodes to resolve are instantly done in 30 seconds when Anos is involved.

"Oh no, the staff disappeared! We have to find it and then reveal the culprit!"

"Nah. The teacher was plotting against us for being lower class and the student that was heckling us at the beginning had the staff. Try harder next time, teach." Incredible.

So the white-haired dude isn't the hero Kanon, but his deeply loyal subordinate from back then. Nice to see there was someone besides Kanon that was able to provide some challenge for Anos back then.

Also I shouldn't have been surprised that Anos had a fan club. He's such an absolute chad I should've been surprised if there wasn't one lol
Aug 1, 2020 5:30 PM

May 2019
So. Adorable.

--------------

Haha, this parody. So the magic "mecha" sentai thing is a recurrent thing, lol.

The only open plot right now is: "who is the impostor Avos?" and, as subtle plot: "what happened to that Hero Kanon who 'killed' Anos"

Haha, something sound obvious here, right?

Aug 1, 2020 5:36 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I think the real key to why I like this anime despite its OP protagonist is the deadpan way in which the VA for the main character delivers his lines. It makes it all seem like a tongue-in-cheek comedy, which is great. Throw some nice animation on top of that (like those non-CG water dragons in the prologue) and the show is definitely a few steps in front of the trash isekai pack.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Aug 1, 2020 5:53 PM

Jul 2017
lets be real here, the real reason why Anos didn't let him join his group is because he wanted to keep the all female harem going on :P

I think the real OP part of Anos is his ability to make all the girls wet just by simply standing there lol
Aug 1, 2020 6:29 PM

Feb 2020
Anos has a Fan Club!!!
Subarashi!!!!!!!!

But seriously fighting with a Wooden stick?
Sasuga Anos-Sama!!!

Syureria said:
Seeing Sasha's expression when she saw Anos was so cute.

Maybe there were more than just shirtless photos of Anos... :P

Aug 1, 2020 7:06 PM
Jun 2017
when Anos meets another OP in name of Rei... hahaha

and some girls do have a fan club for Anos.... hahaha

love this one
Aug 1, 2020 7:49 PM

Jan 2011
lol...god damnit this fucking show hes got a worshiping fan club now and a new old friend i think at this point it's best not to expect any real plot and mindlessly enjoy this ever growing worship of god demon sama

my power fantasy levels have been broken long ago

but for real seeing sparks come off them trading attacks with a tree branch...triggered me
Aug 1, 2020 8:31 PM

Jul 2014
That battle at the end was dope. Also, never expected a fan club and the girls there are lusting for him lmao
Aug 1, 2020 8:51 PM
Jul 2020
that's the way to go Anos!
Aug 1, 2020 9:05 PM
Jul 2020
Love how he used a tree branch lol
But yeah another great ep and peeps are actually starting to think hes the demon king its lit.
Prob fav anime of 2020 so far considering past 5 eps
Aug 1, 2020 9:09 PM

Dec 2014
well that was something.... hmmm Anos is somewhat likable smug character
Aug 1, 2020 10:24 PM
Jul 2019
He beat him with a stick! A goddamn stick. It can destroy mountains with one slash. Just how OP can Anos get? This what happens when a max level character goes back to the starting town and use the weakest weapon in the game.

He also has a fan club. Not surprised by the fact that they are all girls.

This show is hype. Looking forward to the next episode.
Aug 1, 2020 10:55 PM
May 2018
The foreshadowing makes it seem like Kanon may be showing up in the next episode.
Anos mentioning how he couldn't pull out Kanon's Holy Sword, the next episode being The Tournament of Swords (What was the name?), I'm really hoping that he shows up.

If Kanon does show up next episode in the tournament, I predict that he will fight with Shin first, who loses, then Anos in the finals. Because that's how it always works, I suppose.
Aug 1, 2020 11:03 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Anos-sama once again regain more of his old loyal subordinate. The beginning part stand as their past sequences, doing an endless war against everything in the world. The reward reaching that loyal retainer, a reincarnation. Ofc that white hair guy being reincarnated together in the same time and had a nice little chit chat and fun meeting with Anos's. I don't quite like to called it a reunion. Its like a revival of the new era of Anos-sama. This era had a peace. So, yeah, its obvious Anos-sama would retaken the whole nice situations with his greatness. The real lord of the demon might be back to his Throne soon started over by conquering that shitty academy! His mission to reuniting the world into his own hand! Okay, i might be too extreme here, please refrain to complaint about my nonsense ranting here, lol.

Back to the show. The Introduction felt bold. That white hair guy. Idk why this should've happen. I don't even know the true intentions about the show. It might led to some chaotic conditions like in the past era. I really worried it might happened while Anos-sama slowly regain his loyallist. Still, it had so much mystery, even that hero reincarnation still unknown until this episode. Welp, the peek of the series should've static till the time has come, then! So, yeah, whatever it was. I am very enjoying this little shit show of nonsense.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 1, 2020 11:08 PM

Sep 2015
We've now crested manga territory. I'll miss knowing what the characters are going to say/do.
Aug 1, 2020 11:50 PM
Jul 2018
I sure enjoyed that battle hahah. And had good laughts when the girls of Anos fan clube received AnosXD
Sasha fried out looking at that ero-anos mhm
Aug 2, 2020 12:34 AM

Oct 2016
What a great episode I love this show lmao. That fight at the end was awesome Anos beat his ass with a fucking stick. Well it's what you would expect from Anos if he used his real sword Ray will cease to exist lmao.

This and Appare-Ranman really being slept on this season.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Finally a protagonist who....

Sch4n - Apr 30

37 by Reevansingh21 »»
May 4, 3:29 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 26, 2020

280 by alexandrepv »»
May 2, 3:06 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2020

115 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2020

123 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2020

122 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.