Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 7, 2020 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More practice matches...

However, Shiratorizawa is a high level school so I guess having their members featured makes the matches feel more important. Throughout this episode, it looks like the coaches made a point for the players to build futures for themselves.

There's so much potential with each of them. Lol, Hinata and Tobio competiting with each other in a race was amusing.
Feb 7, 2020 8:51 AM

Nov 2007
More practice, w. the school's team.

Main guy asking question to captain.

Youth team practice having nice teamwork.

Mamo's character doesn't seem evil now (he also gave suggestions). It's time for away members to return and back to enemies. Saying farewell. Asking about setter guy because they knew the previous him.

The main two are early. They practice and talk about the time they missed.

Practice match so soon.
tsubasaloverFeb 7, 2020 9:39 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 7, 2020 12:18 PM

Mar 2019
No Kiyoko-chan in the episode, about to drop the anime tbh.. we need Kiyoko. nay, we demand kiyoko!!!
Feb 7, 2020 12:31 PM

Aug 2013
Hinata and Kageyama racing against each other tho. That was funny.

And the two training camps come to an end. And there will be a practice match. I'm looking forward to seeing Karasuno play and how much Kageyama, Hinata and the rest improved.

Feb 7, 2020 12:44 PM

Oct 2018
They added some great anime original scenes to hype up the new characters.
Feb 7, 2020 1:33 PM

Mar 2015
I know I'm stating the obvious but damn those guys at the Japan youth camp was so good. That Miya guy reminded me of Oikawa, and shit that guy who looks like a bird is a good setter too wtf??

Am so hyped for next week's episode, should be a great opportunity for Hinata to up his game since they're facing Dateko after all.
Feb 7, 2020 1:34 PM

May 2019
Character development arc is almost over! It's good to see the boys having a match against Dateko. I wonder how much everyone improved. I am curious about the new Dateko too.

I still couldn't get used to that white kid's character design. His bird eyes are so creepy...
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Feb 7, 2020 1:41 PM

Feb 2017
Training camps are over and we are finally going to get a match. Really excited.
Feb 7, 2020 1:55 PM
Mar 2015
The boys are back in town and they did not miss a beat Liked the coach's explanation for Hinata "Hunger for height " since it fit his own feelings
Feb 7, 2020 2:05 PM

Feb 2011
Training camp is finally over, it has been pretty enjoyable but I'm excited for official matches.
Feb 7, 2020 2:27 PM

Nov 2016
ExodiaX said:

Indeed.

Nice episode. Now I'm hyped for the Date Tech match and there's nothing better than watching this to prepare myself.

Aaaaand

Go! Go! Let's Go! Let's Go! Dateko!

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 7, 2020 2:36 PM

Feb 2018
~7/10 show

~9/10 MAL rating

Yep, that's Haikyu alright.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Feb 7, 2020 3:02 PM

Dec 2014
well nice...back to the karasuno as a whole from next episode
Feb 7, 2020 3:27 PM

Mar 2017
Yaaay! The boys are back together ❤ I just love what Kageyama said to Hinata at the end; their friendship is so great!

I'm looking forward to Karasuno VS Dateko round 2!
Feb 7, 2020 4:42 PM

Jul 2017
well it is a shame Hinata never got to play a game in the end, but at least now we're back with the good ol'boys. Excited to see how much he's grown from all that watching lol
Feb 7, 2020 4:45 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

The training montages are always a pleasure to watch. :)

The last scene where Hinata and Kageyama met up at the gate and instantly started racing each other was funny and I loved the part at the end where Kageyama told Hinata he could fly even either. :)

Finally, a match next episode. Very excited.
Feb 7, 2020 5:29 PM
Apr 2016
axel360 said:
~7/10 show

~9/10 MAL rating

Consider: maybe feelings on a series is subjective and your opinion is not the majority? And your opinion is not more valid than others?

Haikyuu easily 10/10 for me.
Feb 7, 2020 5:33 PM

Jun 2012
Finally should see Hinata play next week, anime was feeling so slow with him being a ball boy.
Feb 7, 2020 5:35 PM

Mar 2016
Tsukizono said:
axel360 said:
~7/10 show

~9/10 MAL rating

Consider: maybe feelings on a series is subjective and your opinion is not the majority? And your opinion is not more valid than others?

agreed.

something about Haikyuu just does it for me.

Feb 7, 2020 5:39 PM

Mar 2016

Those matches were nice.

I don't like Miya right now. He really rubs me the wrong way, super passive aggressive with Kageyama, but he dealt with it very well and maturely.

Karasuno next week :)

GO GO LET'S GO, LET'S GO DATEKO!

Date Tech match bruvvas.

Feb 7, 2020 5:55 PM

Apr 2009
Well, this was a pretty underwhelming finale to this arc.

Feb 7, 2020 6:10 PM

Mar 2018
axel360 said:
~7/10 show

~9/10 MAL rating

My opinion has more weight than yours and I say Haikyuu deserves that score. You lose, bye bye...
Feb 7, 2020 6:25 PM

Oct 2009
Being a ball boy for the entire duration of the training camp sounds like it must've sucked, and yet I can't help feeling that Hinata learned from and grew quite a bit even just from observing things. I mean, taking a step back and being able to look at the bigger picture from the outside is just what one needs sometimes, and he had the chance to literally do that, and he didn't waste the opportunity either. So all in all, I think he got lucky that he was allowed to hang around, even if he couldn't play.
Glad to see they're both just as dumb as ever when he's with Kageyama though, I mean let's just race to the door without a word, after five days of not being here together, even though we don't even have keys. xD And Kags is still a little shit, but he also still cares about Hinata. "You can fly even higher" - that's just almost gay. xD

On another note: people seem to complain a lot about animation... I honestly don't know what to say about that. The art quality though? The ground itself, the shadows on the ground, the shadow/highlight on the faces, the details in closeups... I have no knowledge about anything art, but I'm really amazed by all of these. They look great to my eyes.
Feb 7, 2020 7:13 PM

Oct 2017
FMmatron said:
ExodiaX said:

Indeed.

Nice episode. Now I'm hyped for the Date Tech match and there's nothing better than watching this to prepare myself.

Aaaaand

Go! Go! Let's Go! Let's Go! Dateko!
Wow, an hour straight about them cheering up, lol!
-¡Give yourself to me!
Feb 7, 2020 7:15 PM

Oct 2017
Tsukizono said:
axel360 said:
~7/10 show

~9/10 MAL rating

I totally agree!! Lol
-¡Give yourself to me!
Feb 7, 2020 7:21 PM

Oct 2017
I don't know if I'am the only one, but Haikyuu's episodes are so short to me that sometimes I found myself checking the video bar to know how much is left till end! I laughed a lot when Kageyama told Hinata he's too bad compared the new Smal Gigant!
-¡Give yourself to me!
Feb 7, 2020 10:06 PM
Jan 2013
axel360 said:
~7/10 show

~9/10 MAL rating

idontknow why did you even come here to comment that lol, arent you the most important person in the world with the highest respectable opinion in the universe?? lol
Feb 7, 2020 10:16 PM
Jan 2013
How did he has a good conversation with Kindaichi!!! every character in this story is such a good person, the are all equally torn by they conflict the inflict on each other an come on terms with it in their own way.

They have so many different dynamics but they always complement each other in some way or another. Every conflict is created by their differences, but they accept it and never harboring hate. that's what so damn sweet about Haikyuu.
Feb 7, 2020 11:43 PM

Oct 2017
The training camp is finally over, can't wait to see how much Kageyama and Hinata has improved. Looks like they'll be playing a practice match against Dateko, really excited for this.
Feb 8, 2020 2:09 AM
Aug 2017
5 days of training camp ended in 5 eps lol

Anyways,the whole sequence with kageyama n hinata 'reunion' n their gud old interactions never fails me.
Its so wholesome.
with tanaka being the best senpai,giving a throwback from s1,being the earliest one getting the gym key for those 2

Cant wait for next week!team getting back together plus dateko!

P/s..
The only one thing kinda disappoint me, there isnt much training focus on kageyama's side so it kinda feel an underwhelming ending to a 'training arc' (guess they want to leave it as a surprise when the REAL match happened)
Feb 8, 2020 5:43 AM

May 2019
I like that both their development is evident even without playing. I wonder how Hinata's new court IQ will translate into real play.

That practice match will be interesting

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 8, 2020 6:41 AM

Nov 2013
Hinata pack a damn lunch! *sigh*

Anyway this arc was really nice, some skills are best learnt from a different angle literally and not being involved had lots of perks for Hinata. I really liked the Tsukki and Hinata conversation on their ways back and the little race Hinata and Kageyma had.

Hinata with earmuffs 10/10 <3
Feb 8, 2020 8:15 AM

Mar 2010
I am currently following Haikyuu from 3 different points of time:
1) Watching this episode
2) Rewatching from beginning
3) and reading manga (a bit left behind with the latest chapters but still aware of generally what's going to happen)

The end of this 5th episode when Hinata and Kageyama met again made me feel and realise once again that this is one epic show of how two people can motivate and improve themselves and yet keep that forever-lasting rivalry. I really dig stories like these and I am happy that I am watching one of the best.

The arc that just ended has been one of my favourites of all Haikyuu. Now finishing it it felt short (only 5 episodes max), but I don't know many shows where characters take up a task that seems so minor to others, but at the same time they learn so much from it, that is Hinata for being the ballboy.
What were you doing this whole time? Hinata was asked this multiple times. I loved how Hinata gained confidence to reply to Kageyama with all honesty that he was just a ballboy after all. At first he was so awkward and got scolded by teachers and all whatnot, and the experience he gained made him confident. Awesome.

Ah yes. One of the best build up episodes ever.
Feb 8, 2020 8:42 AM

Jun 2012
I was hoping Hinata would be able to play at the very last minute but unfortunately.....

Well, gotta hype myself up for this upcoming practice matches, hopefully they'll be taken seriously.
Feb 8, 2020 9:07 AM

Mar 2015
Kageyama on the offensive was pretty nice change to watch.
Feb 8, 2020 10:18 AM

Jun 2009
haikyuu episodes are way too short. time flies.
Feb 8, 2020 11:27 AM

Jul 2013
The ball boy arc is finally over.... thank the fucking anime gods.
Feb 8, 2020 11:35 AM

Oct 2018
Beautiful exchange between Hinata and Kindaichi. The music that was playing in that scene is lovely, is it one of the unreleased OST? I don't recall it being present in previous seasons.
Feb 8, 2020 12:04 PM

Jul 2016
Training arc is finally over and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. Though it was a bit disappointing to see how little focus Kageyama's side got.

Anyways, this was another great episode. Really excited to see how much the boys have improved now that they will face Datekou.
Feb 8, 2020 6:28 PM
Jun 2015
Am I the only one who found this episode kind of meh? I'm glad we're about to finish the training arc...
Feb 8, 2020 9:26 PM

Oct 2013
I know this is an unpopular opinion but while reading the manga I really never imagined Atsumu voiced by Miyano and it doesn't really fit. Of all the kansai ben accent VA's they could have hired they just go as mainstream as possible.

Meh, I guess they give him a beloved VA to make people like his character since the upcoming arc people are reaallllly gonna hate him and his team.
Feb 8, 2020 10:12 PM

Jan 2020
Shuhan said:
Finally should see Hinata play next week, anime was feeling so slow with him being a ball boy.

Yeah right all those clean ups and observing should fuel the fire on him in match game

Made by k3ti
Feb 9, 2020 12:57 AM
Jul 2018
I really think that haikyuu is one the best sports anime in the recent years and i loved the first three seasons, but this season is pretty boring honestly and i think it is the worst so far, their is just something wrong with this one i don't know if it is the change in animation style or the change in the direction because of the new director.
I don’t know if i am the only one who is feeling like that ??
Feb 9, 2020 1:06 AM
Apr 2016
Georgiooo said:
I really think that haikyuu is one the best sports anime in the recent years and i loved the first three seasons, but this season is pretty boring honestly and i think it is the worst so far, their is just something wrong with this one i don't know if it is the change in animation style or the change in the direction because of the new director.
I don’t know if i am the only one who is feeling like that ??

Maybe you just don't find genuinely well written character development important to a show and you prefer only action stuff.
Feb 9, 2020 1:07 AM
Apr 2016
starrybee said:
I know this is an unpopular opinion but while reading the manga I really never imagined Atsumu voiced by Miyano and it doesn't really fit. Of all the kansai ben accent VA's they could have hired they just go as mainstream as possible.

Meh, I guess they give him a beloved VA to make people like his character since the upcoming arc people are reaallllly gonna hate him and his team.

I think it fits though. When I was reading the manga the first person I thought would voice him was Miyano mamoru.
Feb 9, 2020 7:31 AM

Aug 2016
never been huge into this series but after 4 seasons I have to say I'm getting really hyped for this tournament, don't think I'm mentally prepared for what's gonna happen..
Feb 9, 2020 8:29 AM
Aug 2019
MY BAE SAKUSA MAKING HIS DEBUT😫❤️❤️
Feb 9, 2020 11:36 AM

Aug 2013
the training camps ended! glad to see the boys reunited again. "you can fly even higher". i love them

practice match next episode! can't wait!
Feb 10, 2020 1:56 AM

Sep 2018
wahhhh!!! I know I'm too late already but I ship Hinata and Kageyama lol
they're so cute here! Couple who didn't saw each other for a week then share their experience xD that's so cute! No need words and they can understand each other. Kageyama even compliment Hinata. Ayieee!! ~
Feb 11, 2020 12:35 AM

Feb 2020
Tsukizono said:
starrybee said:

I think it fits though. When I was reading the manga the first person I thought would voice him was Miyano mamoru.

Same!! I had him in mind all the time too. His voice is just perfect for arrogant characters. And I don‘t think it‘s to make people like him because I guess Atsumu will come off even more asshole-ish with Miyano‘s way of voicing and I love that!!!

I love the character development on this arc and I‘m looking forward to the Datekou match.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

178 by iamsnakeuu »»
Jun 11, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

109 by iamsnakeuu »»
Jun 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

95 by iamsnakeuu »»
Jun 11, 5:52 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2020

94 by iamsnakeuu »»
Jun 11, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2020

111 by iamsnakeuu »»
Jun 9, 12:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.