Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 13, 2019 3:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another fight involving Natsu getting his spotlight...I feel like I've seen a very similar battle like this before.

Acnologia (in human form) apparently just popped up again out of nowhere lol. RIP Irene. Cana and her Fairy Glitter ability though.
Jul 13, 2019 4:03 PM

May 2016
I wish that just once in this series Cana's fairy glitter would actually work, but nope, I understand here it may have been anticlimactic but it's tedious when the only thing it did for her was allow her to win a replacement challenge in the grand magic games.

Also, being as young as Wendy is and seeing a corpse be defiled like that must be scarring.
Jul 13, 2019 4:17 PM

Apr 2015
Ofcourse Natsu would come and stop Gray from using Iced Shell, he's done it before for the same reason. However I did like to see the fear on Zeref's face, he thought for a second he had lost.

RIP Irene, that was quite brutal, but not unexpected from Acnologia. As he wanted all dragon slayers dead. Now Wendy need to get the hell out of there... can't have her dying.

Cana has her little moment to shine (literally) with Fairy Glitter once more. Eventho it didn't scratch August one bit.
Jul 13, 2019 4:19 PM
Aug 2011
Woah seizure warning! I don't even have epilepsy but that's first minute of Gray's flashing ice was giving me a headache.
Jul 13, 2019 4:25 PM

Nov 2016
Acnologia killing Irene was soo savage.

Also liked when Cana showed her badass side, unfortunately without success.

And you better don't trigger Gildarts.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 13, 2019 5:39 PM
Jul 2013
Most expressive "Ah....: I have heard for a long time
I heard "what did you say you little ****** **** *** dumpster i will cut off your **** and feed it to you as a beverage"
Jul 13, 2019 7:07 PM

Oct 2015
I wish they would show us the fight between August and Gildarts in detail already, I'm hoping in the next episode since August has angered the father in him!

I also liked how Gray and Natsu laid it all out to each other, now that's how friendship should be!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 13, 2019 7:53 PM

Oct 2018
I was getting scared seeing Gray use the Iced Shell and I was honestly glad that Natsu stopped him. Gray really thought he deserved to be erased because of what he did to Natsu. Loved their exchange, nothing beats when Natsu and Gray have a friendship moment.

Acnologia really didn't need to do Irene like that, the woman was already dead and now Wendy probably won't be able to sleep for a few weeks.

I appreciate Cana's effort in using the Fairy Glitter but man, that really wasn't going to work against August. I am very confused as to how he's going to be defeated at this point. Maybe Papa Gildarts gonna lose it soon.

sammyk124Jul 13, 2019 7:56 PM
~ These boys must be protected at all costs ~
Jul 13, 2019 8:10 PM
May 2019
What's the last episode of this anime?
Who is the strongest protagonist

Jul 13, 2019 9:21 PM

Jan 2009
Acnologia brutally smashing the corpse of Irene like that is not like that in the manga if i remember right

and lol does Cana's Fairy Glitter ever defeat an enemy? i do not remember at this point

looks like August defeat will be in the next episode
Jul 13, 2019 10:01 PM

Feb 2017
when the world is in danger and have the biggest enemy and you still fight with each other LMAO

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jul 13, 2019 10:37 PM

Dec 2016
Acnologia stills angry about what Irene did to him😂

Great episode anyway
Jul 13, 2019 10:54 PM
Jul 2018
P_S_Y_C_H_O said:
What's the last episode of this anime?

EP 51 Season wide , Episode wide the last episode is 328
Jul 14, 2019 1:04 AM

Oct 2017
Well Cana used her grand fairy spell Fairy Glitter once again and nothing happened, not even a scratch. I feel like i saw this before but whatever. Acnologia was brutal damn with Irenes corpse.
Jul 14, 2019 3:46 AM

Jul 2013
I swear this Natsu vs Zeref fight has to be one of the less exciting main hero vs final boss figths I have ever seen. Good thing that next episode it seems the animation will improve by a lot.
Acnologia's appearence was savage, but not as much as in the manga. I think they censored the scene where he kicks Irene's corpse.

August vs Cana/Gildarts reaches its climax.
IllyricusJul 14, 2019 4:23 AM
Jul 14, 2019 3:57 AM

May 2015
Rip August. you wont be missed.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 14, 2019 4:05 AM

Apr 2013
That Natsu/Zeref fight.... just horrible. The black wizard punches and kicks his opponent? I wish they would just stop with this shit, this is not Dragonball. And even in Dragonball they used more magic lol
At least the Gildarts part was quite nice to watch. "Huh???"
Jul 14, 2019 4:45 AM

Aug 2013
Damn, Acnologia was brutal.

August angered Gildarts. Bad move.

Jul 14, 2019 6:04 AM

May 2010
the natsu vs zeref part was terrible as expected. i thought i trippin when they held their hands against each other and almost arm wrestled for like 3 or 4 seconds straight. WTF!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 14, 2019 7:42 AM

Feb 2013
Acnologia was brutal and cool as ever.
Jul 14, 2019 8:42 AM

Apr 2011
Acnologia's action is awful! :o

Jul 14, 2019 9:40 AM

Mar 2017
Hmmm, it's kinda get old that the episodes keep building towards this big fights and then they're so lacklustre (Gray vs Natsu, Natsu vs Zeref, etc).

Also i thought it was quite obvious for a while now that Zeref's ultimate goal was to get rid of Acnologia and then die himself. I can see a Alverez-Fairy Tail team up in the future.

Jul 14, 2019 2:32 PM

Jan 2017
Just me, or was the animation bad this episode? It was slow slow and felt like natsu and zeref's fight was lagging. And then we got Cana doing absolutely nothing, the 12 being OP as always and the general heroics... time and time again I've reiterated that it's a feel good anime and shouldn't think too much of it but I'm not feeling good anymore -it's just tedious, really just trying to finish it off now.
Jul 14, 2019 4:05 PM
Dec 2008
tidoesstuff said:
Just me, or was the animation bad this episode? It was slow slow and felt like natsu and zeref's fight was lagging. And then we got Cana doing absolutely nothing, the 12 being OP as always and the general heroics... time and time again I've reiterated that it's a feel good anime and shouldn't think too much of it but I'm not feeling good anymore -it's just tedious, really just trying to finish it off now.

Yes it was really really bad. Lot of stills with some expression changes which have way too long focus (15second of a shocked face on your screen, ok not my thing but)
Jul 14, 2019 8:11 PM

Dec 2018
God damn it, Gray. That's like, what, the 5th time he tried to commit suicide? Twice in the Deliora arc, once when he ''died'' sacrificing himself to save Juvia, and another time almost using Iced Shell on some villain, or whatever, and now this. I actually did like the scene between him and Natsu, I'm a sucker for mushy friendship crap like that. I liked that Cana got some screen time, even if it was for just a bit. Human Acnologia is so edgy he's practically a cheese grater. I liked this episode. It was stupid, but it was fun.
meatmuffins66Jul 14, 2019 8:22 PM
Jul 14, 2019 8:13 PM

Dec 2018
Big_Tony44 said:
Woah seizure warning! I don't even have epilepsy but that's first minute of Gray's flashing ice was giving me a headache.

Yeah, I had to look away from the screen for a second as it was playing because it was making my eyes hurt and my head throb. It did look kinda cool, though.
Jul 15, 2019 12:11 AM
Jul 2018
Gator said:
That Natsu/Zeref fight.... just horrible. The black wizard punches and kicks his opponent? I wish they would just stop with this shit, this is not Dragonball. And even in Dragonball they used more magic lol

Hiro is inspired by Akira's Dragon ball
This isn't the real fight (This is a setup to Part 2) the real fight begins this week
And yes FT is heavy DBZ inspired if you forgot that Check Natsu vs Gajeel
They had a air fight which is like DBZ characters do
And the fight itself was awesome
Jul 15, 2019 1:10 AM

Apr 2013
AmeliaNeston2003 said:
Gator said:

This isn't the real fight (This is a setup to Part 2) the real fight begins this week

My point is that Fairy Tail is not Dragonball. Dragonball is an anime about martial artists, Fairy Tail is an anime about mages. So for them to have the same fighting style makes no sense.
Jul 15, 2019 1:12 AM
Jul 2018
Gator said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

My point is that Fairy Tail is not Dragonball. Dragonball is an anime about martial artists, Fairy Tail is an anime about mages. So for them to have the same fighting style makes no sense.

That's true but that's how Hiro made it :P
I guess he wanted to make more action
Jul 15, 2019 1:20 AM
Jul 2018
Gator said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

Also Natsu uses fists with Fire DS magic if you see the cover of Volume 1 of FT manga you will see Hiro probably had (Planned Natsu to use a staff) but he scrapped it and then
the similarities between FT and DBZ happend
Jul 15, 2019 8:14 AM
Mar 2015
Forget that shit here comes Acnologia. Time to wipe that smirk off his face
Jul 15, 2019 6:28 PM

Jul 2017
Oof... here comes Acnologia to wreck some shit. Irene just got "raped" instantly lmao. Now lets see what kind of thing will happen between him, Zeref and Natsu, i'm curious to see how they will handle this part.

That taunt from August at the end... damn, that shit pissed off Gildarts for good, things are heating up on that battle as well, i hope Cana stays safe tho.
Jul 15, 2019 7:50 PM

Dec 2014
well the new op growing on me... still the fight is getting dragged on
Jul 15, 2019 9:06 PM

Sep 2018
A better episode this time around, but they sure love their hype jobs only to fail at executing them. Guess that's the mangaka's fault though. These encounters better live up to expectations.
Jul 15, 2019 11:14 PM

Sep 2018
What was up with the zeref and natsu fight lmao. Supposedly the greatest black wizard the world has ever seen using punches and kicks (to no effect) *claps*
Cana using the useless glitter lol. Best part was the Gildart's 'Huh!?' tho.
Jul 17, 2019 2:08 AM
Mar 2015
natsu vs zeref was laughable. the little arm wrestling they had going on was sad. i hope zeref gets a bit real and uses his magic powers. glad acnologia finally showed up so we can get some good action
Jul 17, 2019 2:09 AM
Jul 2018
exo-cbx said:
natsu vs zeref was laughable. the little arm wrestling they had going on was sad. i hope zeref gets a bit real and uses his magic powers. glad acnologia finally showed up so we can get some good action

Jul 17, 2019 2:10 AM
Jul 2018
CapedBaldy-sama said:
What was up with the zeref and natsu fight lmao. Supposedly the greatest black wizard the world has ever seen using punches and kicks (to no effect) *claps*

The Natsu vs Zeref is a setup to this week ep the real fighting begins
Not That fight you've seen now
Jul 17, 2019 6:05 AM

Sep 2018
AmeliaNeston2003 said:
CapedBaldy-sama said:

I'm pretty sure I'll be saying this exact thing next week. Though I'll be happy if I'm proved wrong :)
Jul 17, 2019 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
CapedBaldy-sama said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

I'm pretty sure I'll be saying this exact thing next week. Though I'll be happy if I'm proved wrong :)

It's this week! :P not next week! We will see! but the fighting in this upcoming ep from the preview trailer not the ep they showed , they added some animation to that fight
the ep preview didn't show much of the fight
removed-userJul 17, 2019 9:43 AM
Jul 18, 2019 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
Also it doesn't matter how low you rate the final season
West ratings are Irrelevant to japan rating of the series
It's just laughable people think by lower the rating they think people won't watch it

You can low the rating all you want West are Irrelevant to JP
Jul 19, 2019 1:11 PM

Jul 2012
AmeliaNeston2003 said:
It's just laughable people think by lower the rating they think people won't watch it

I mean, the same goes for positive ratings coming from the West in that case.

Thus far the overwhelming amount of negative criticism this arc received in the manga was very solid in terms of arguments to where did it went wrong.

The fact that the anime barely tried to fix any of it doesn't really help the case regarding the quality.

Therefore you shouldn't be bothered by it either, don't you think?
Jul 19, 2019 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
Danpmss said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

Thus far the overwhelming amount of negative criticism this arc received in the manga was very solid in terms of arguments to where did it went wrong.

The fact that the anime barely tried to fix any of it doesn't really help the case regarding the quality.

Sorry if I've come off as rude of that last message

The series did extend some of the fights and fixed Wendy's DS sealing
They changed some fights , Example Erza vs Irene part 1 compare that to chapter 513 and see the differences
I'm bothered because other series are doing worse and I don't see their rating drop I can bring a list but then that would get off topic because of this thread is about the Ep, But I'm ready if you want me to bring a list.
removed-userJul 20, 2019 3:54 AM
Jul 20, 2019 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
Danpmss said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

Also you are judging it too early Natsu vs Zeref final battle should be the final judgement
Jul 31, 2019 8:30 PM

Aug 2017
AmeliaNeston2003 said:
Danpmss said:

Also you are judging it too early Natsu vs Zeref final battle should be the final judgement

Bro, the "real" fight will be laughable and u know why.

>You can low the rating all you want West are Irrelevant to JP

No one's ever said otherwise but I can't wait for the reviews to destroy this show.
NurguburuJul 31, 2019 8:37 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 1, 2019 2:35 AM
Jul 2018
Nurguburu said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

No one's ever said otherwise but I can't wait for the reviews to destroy this show.

The reviews can't destroy it
because it doesn't matter if they score FT's final season all the way down
Japan is the reason this series is still airing not because of the Wests

The real fight can be fixed if they give Natsu Dragon Force and stray from the manga in that one They did do that
in Tartaros Hiro told them to change Gray oneshot Tempester to
Laxus vs Tempester part 2
and Hiro did say he wanted to do more with acnologia

Hiro said
(One of the characters that I think of is Acnologia. In my mind I had a deeper setting for this character,”
But the story is from the main character's point of view, so I couldn't really do that. I may have some time to explore the story of Acnologia at some point)

I have a source

https://comicbook.com/anime/2017/11/23/fairy-tail-acnologia-anime-manga-hiro-mashima/
Aug 2, 2019 4:58 AM
Jul 2018
Nurguburu said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

And you forgot every scene of Natsu vs Zeref is part of the real fight ( Real Fight has happend ever since ep 41 ) ep 40 was just a setup
You can't just count That (Attack ) from Natsu and act like every fight before that Attack nothing had happened between them

--------------------
Off topic That's like You are just counting Luffy vs Katakuri final blow
removed-userAug 2, 2019 5:03 AM
Aug 6, 2019 8:13 AM

Dec 2013
Acnologia stomping on Irene's corpse was brutal!

August seems unbeatable after fairy glitter failed...
Sep 13, 2019 5:00 PM

Oct 2013
Oh, come on... August is one of the only Alvarez dudes who seems like a genuinely human character with the ability to reason and empathize. Don't turn him into a sinister parody like we always get.

Acnologia tearing apart Irene's corpse was fuckin' metal. I thought she might survive somehow to build a decent relationship with her daughter, but I'd be surprised if even Fairy Tail finds a way to bullshit her back to life. RIP

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 14, 2019 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
Zadion said:
Oh, come on... August is one of the only Alvarez dudes who seems like a genuinely human character with the ability to reason and empathize. Don't turn him into a sinister parody like we always get.

Acnologia tearing apart Irene's corpse was fuckin' metal. I thought she might survive somehow to build a decent relationship with her daughter, but I'd be surprised if even Fairy Tail finds a way to bullshit her back to life. RIP

Well too bad BS stuff doesn't happen all the time ( so you can bash FT ) but yet leave any other series that do this a free pass
Well that's how you people are

Japan has more MANNERS than any of you
and the fact Hiro said FT is not SUPPOSED to be taken seriously , Which you overseas people fail to understand
removed-userSep 14, 2019 8:23 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2019

78 by PRiMEog »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

67 by PRiMEog »»
May 23, 2:40 PM

» What is the reason for so much hatred for fairy tail series ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Jan 29

49 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
May 6, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2019

78 by Zorosuke_ »»
Apr 29, 2:12 AM

» Any theories ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 3

16 by MiraStraussFan99 »»
Mar 10, 9:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.